New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [BitPR2] Gaiden: Return of the F/Bonding with Fists

Kamen Rider Rei barely had the time to react. As he saw Masaru lift his sword, but relent on the frontal assault, there was only one logical conclusion - an attack from "that" blind spot.

In an attempt to diminish the effect, the Vice-Captain jumped. But one can't escape his own shadow. As he ascended, he tried to shoot a bigger bolt at Masaru, to keep him from following up. Kamen Rider was still struck, however, and his ascent was cut short.

Can't let him get the better of me like that. But I can't outrun my shadow either --

--wait a minute. That's IT!

Standing back up with his back on fire (the armor took the brunt of the attack, but that didn't help by much), Kamen Rider Rei pointed his staff at his sparring companion.

"That's a frightening way to attack an opponent, Masaru-kun. I'm afraid it won't work against me from now on, though.

In fact... I think I've figured something very unsettling about your newfound power."
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Masaru didn't seem to feel like speaking in response. He shrugged at the "warning" and surged forward in rapid motion.

His shadow-blades were flung at the armored hero of justice in two arcs that would meet each other right at his position. But he didn't stop there; two more over-sized swords flickered in over his metal blades...

And then in a blur of Flash Step he was just a couple feet away from Kamen Rider, bringing the swords in with a complicated attack pattern that left his body open to one or more blows from the staff, but made it extremely unlikely his weapons could be blocked.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Orc in the Playground

That may have been true had the Rider stuck to the staff as it was.

Luckily, he could afford to snap it in two.

Dancing in place, he fired bolts from both halves, which came out much faster now. Unfortunately, while this allowed him to perhaps score a couple of hits on Masaru, Kamen Rider Rei underestimated the fierceness of the flying blades. He didn't manage to shoot them out of the air - merely dull the impact, which by all rights still sent a couple of sparks flying. Had he lacked the armor, this could have been fatal.

He stood his ground, however, as he continued to attempt a hit trade-off. If he couldn't block, he may as well get within his optimal range.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Two separate staves did indeed assist in defense. Overall, while Kamen Rider likely had some small edges in physical abilities in general, Masaru was using skill, his familiarity with his weapons and fighting style, and sheer ferocity, not to mention the slightly unpredictable nature of his powers, to keep up pretty well.

The shadow blades he'd flung earlier didn't seem to do much, and despite the notable reach difference in their weapons, Rei was able to keep anything more than a few light scratches away from himself.

Of course, then Masaru change the game again, just a bit.

Mid-swing, the "excess" shadow that lent his blades extra reach suddenly flowed off the blades like water, merging into a single mass that took on the properties of putty, at least for the next few critical moments. It was flung directly at Koutarou, likely hoping to entangle at least one of his limbs.

Masaru's swords, now covered in a thin skin of flickering shadow, blurred into a fast attack pattern that worked to direct the blocking escrima sticks out to the sides before one blade widened that gap further, and the other went for a cut that would go pretty much horizontal across his pectorals.

There were probably other ways to cut his opponent, but most would more heavily risk a truly serious injury. Inappropriate for a spar.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground

Masaru was pushing hard, harder than Rei expected. He was truly giving it his all, a lack of fatal injuries notwithstanding.

But Kamen Rider was hardly done.

He shot at the "putty", which bought him precious fractions of a second to get away. Like before, he didn't resist Masaru's guard-opening strikes. But when the horizontal slash to the chest came, Rei managed to block it between the sticks.

The tip of the sticks shone brightly with electricity.

"Masaru-kun, this is weakness number one of your swords!"

He slid the sticks along the blade like flint against steel.

And then there was a very bright flash as the tips met. Keeping the current between tips going, Kamen Rider Rei had now become a source of light.

Which meant that the closest shadows were pretty much eliminated as the light flooded about and around their bodies. Worse still, due to the erratic nature of the current, even what little shadow formed was sputtered and weak, barely giving Masaru time to control it.

If the flash did anything, Rei proceeded to attempt pressing the offensive.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Masaru squinted at the flare of light....which also produced a surge of electricity that slammed into his chest. He grunted and managed to break free from the locked sticks, and a jerky Shunpo gave him some good distance.

Which was good, because his chest was on fire. Well, the clothing on it, anyways. His eyes widened as he saw the small curls of flame spreading out in a circle from the point of impact.

"Ah! No! Fire bad, fire bad!"

Suddenly the dual blades of Ancalagon were spinning up in the air as he gave them a toss and took his now-free hands and grasped the smouldering upper half of his clothing.

"Haha! Now my fiery shirt shall oppress and endanger me no longer!"

And suddenly he was surrounded by burning fragments of shirts, revealing his lightly-scarred torso as he deftly caught the swords just in time, twirling them about for a moment before ending in a slight crouch, one sword held above his head and parallel to the ground, the other held almost straight in front of him, a bit like a spear.

"Let us engage in one final test, Kamen Rider Rei! A test of our strength, our skill, and our burning spirits and their desire for victory!"

With that, he suddenly surged forward, his reiatsu blazing out in a shadowy corona that blurred his figure a bit from the intensity. Shadows sucked in towards him, and his swords were once more absurdly large. And likely absurdly sharp. Their forms flickered a bit, almost as if they were aflame...but no, they were still ultimately blades.

Truly, this was a spar-finishing attack that would likely devastate any opponent...

7. - Top - End - #37
    Orc in the Playground

"Well said - let our spirits cry out, and shake the Firmament!

Now... Count up your desires!"

Rei's own Reiatsu flared violently, a column of light and electricity enveloping his being.

Pushing the staff back together and focusing his power through its entirety as it flowed to the tip, Kamen Rider Rei dashed forward to meet Masaru's charge.

The resulting clash was nothing short of epic.

Some might argue that this was nothing next to what someone the likes of the Primera Espada and the former Commander-General could do against one another. But this wasn't the point. Even those two would have a difficult time not appreciating the sheer destructive poetry produced by the friendship, determination and burning spirit of Masaru and Kamen Rider Rei.

As the massive column of light and darkness slowly dissipated, one might distinguish the silhouette of the two men with their weapons clashed tight against each other, still trembling from the effort. Koutarou's transformation had undone itself, his once-tattered upper half of the shihakusho having been blown away, his mostly unblemished torso exposed - many of his scars were too shallow to really be counted at a distance.
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2014-10-25 at 10:57 AM.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Neither of the combatants was likely to hear the small squeal that the bush emitted, immersed as they were in their duel, but the bush did, in fact, squeal. One who was listening closely, in fact, might be impressed at the bush's ability to squeal simultaneously in three different feminine pitches, which quickly degenerated into what sounded like a squabble between the three different voices.

"He took off his shirt! He took off...HEY! Give that back!

Pleasee?

Please Kiyani-sama, can't I at least keep one of the pictures of Masaru-sama? I took them in the first place!"

"Shut up." Responded a second, more authoritative voice. "You'll see them in the magazine when it gets printed next week. No one gets to seem them until then. Well, except me. But that's because I am the editor."

One of the bush's voices giggles suddenly.

"But, but, Kiyan--"

"You're both missing the show." Interjects the third voice in a lazy drawl. "And what a show it is...rowr. Masaru-san really looks much better without the shirt. And with the sweat -- just watch it rolling slowly down his biceps."

Three voices simultaneously coo out sighs of eternal devotion.

"His pony tail looks soooooo much better when he's not wearing his shirt. Well. Actually. ALL of him looks -- THE VICE CAPTAIN'S SHIRT IS GONE!"

A faint rustling is heard in the bush as the first voice apparently faints.

"Maka! YOU" begins the second voice, then chokes out, resuming in a horrified whisper. "were SUPPOSED to keep up the stealth Kido!"

Their voices vanish after a quick chant, leaving the bush as nondescript as before.
    Last edited by Demidos; 2013-07-13 at 01:40 AM.
    My Homebrew:
    WIP
    The Fortunar Base Class: A Fortuneteller wielding a minor Deck of Many Things. Mid T3.

Completed Classes
    The Grandmaster : A master of animated stattuettes and tactical magic. High tier 3.
    The Hidden Word: An infiltrator with a wide range of abilities that works best in small teams. Tier 2-3
    Web-Spinner: A martial class based around using webs. Mid T3.
    The True Warrior: A swift mundane martial combat class that can dodge and slice their way to victory. Low Tier 3.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Koutarou wasn't the only one whose sword was resealed. Whether from his own will, or his exhaustion, Masaru now held two perfectly ordinary blades, both pushing against Koutarou's single sword.

For long moments they stood there, locked in place, muscles straining. Then, finally, something changed.

Masaru laughed and Flash Stepped back away from Koutarou, sheathing his wakizahi before giving Koutarou a European fencing salute with his katana, which was also re-sheathed. His grin was now one of friendship instead of battle fury.

"That was a fantastic match, Koutarou! Sometimes I think a draw is the best result; it means our strengths are equal!

I must admit, the staff was an excellent choice against me. Though, I will say that if in the future you want to refine one skill set in particular, it might be good to release our swords beforehand and have you select the particular form. Then I can spar with you, or others can, and you can get practice in with that weapon in particular. We should try to get you sparring with others, though. I know a lot of sword styles, but ultimately they are primarily sword styles. There are plenty of other weapons out there to deal with.
    "

10. - Top - End - #40
    Orc in the Playground

Koutarou merely bowed as he resheathed Kokuden-Ou.

He seemed to appreciate the compliment and the insight.

"I must admit it was the most... defensive choice, short of picking Blind Guardian." The Vice-Captain replied. "I might have been able to score more hits if I picked Sabbath. But judging from the hits I did take, I couldn't afford to drop too much defense. I guess it's my weakest spot at this moment."

He peered at Masaru's swords. "Ancalagon must be happy to be in the hands of a master swordsman like you. Perhaps that's why it's taken so long to fully reveal itself.

Although, as your sparring partner, I feel I should warn you against using that 'shadow stab' movement too often."

Koutarou seemed deep in thought.

"It feels... risky. From the way it moved, it wasn't just using my shadow to attack me, but it was making a conduit through which your sword could strike. If that's the case, an opponent might try to disarm by yanking the blade away, or keeping you immobilized by holding it in place, or even trying to counter through the conduit itself.

In any case..."
    He took a deep, wistful breath, as he walked towards Masaru "I have absolutely no complaints about our match. We'll just have to keep trying to surpass each other, right?" Koutarou extended his arm forward, a closed fist about the same height as his eyes.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Koutarou merely bowed as he resheathed Kokuden-Ou.

He seemed to appreciate the compliment and the insight.

"I must admit it was the most... defensive choice, short of picking Blind Guardian." The Vice-Captain replied. "I might have been able to score more hits if I picked Sabbath. But judging from the hits I did take, I couldn't afford to drop too much defense. I guess it's my weakest spot at this moment."

He peered at Masaru's swords. "Ancalagon must be happy to be in the hands of a master swordsman like you. Perhaps that's why it's taken so long to fully reveal itself.

Although, as your sparring partner, I feel I should warn you against using that 'shadow stab' movement too often."

Koutarou seemed deep in thought.

"It feels... risky. From the way it moved, it wasn't just using my shadow to attack me, but it was making a conduit through which your sword could strike. If that's the case, an opponent might try to disarm by yanking the blade away, or keeping you immobilized by holding it in place, or even trying to counter through the conduit itself.

In any case..."
    He took a deep, wistful breath, as he walked towards Masaru "I have absolutely no complaints about our match. We'll just have to keep trying to surpass each other, right?" Koutarou extended his arm forward, a closed fist about the same height as his eyes.
    Masaru nodded as Kotarou explained his choice.

"That makes sense. You knew what you had, and had some idea of what I had, going in.

I'd say you want to try working on active defense methods in all your forms. Your "passive" defense, the protection the armor gives, can't really be changed with just training. I mean, all our swords grow more powerful as time goes on and with training. But you can always improve how you move around in a fight. Not that I'm perfect at that!
    "

He gave a laugh, then shrugged self-consciously at the praise.

"I guess. The big lizard's part of me. We both like fighting, and since he's a sword, it'd figure he'd want me to be good with one."

He seemed thoughtful at the advice.

"I'll have to play around with it. That said, I get the feeling it's not a "regular" portal, so at most risk it'd have to be someone else with shadow-related powers. Not a lot of those running around, last I heard."

He grinned then.

"Before you know it I'll have Bankai or something, Koutarou. We'll both keep striving to surpass each other, and ourselves!"

He slammed his fist into Koutarou's (though nowhere near full force).

"Brothers in arms!"

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: I can't believe I forgot this for like 2 weeks.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Orc in the Playground

"We've both got a long road ahead of us. Kokuden-ou has told me time and again it hasn't even let out my Shikai's full power.

We'll just keep trying our best and moving on."

As their fists bumped, the slightly overcast sky opened up and shone down on the sparring partners, causing their sweat to glisten in a way that almost seemed like a sparkle, and a shockwave of power blew through the blades of grass.

Or at least that's how it seemed to those with fangirl-o-vision.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show