New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2035363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1472

Thread: [Nexus] Seaside

1. - Top - End - #1321
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Seaside

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    "Fertility-focused tribes are usually crushed underfoot by those who identify with gods of war," Krait remarks, thinking that this society really had just way too much time on its hands to be sculpting giant boobs on its war-machines all day and night. Stupid artists, always getting in the way of military efficiency with their obsession with putting huge mammaries on things.
    Quote Originally Posted by aric_kale View Post
    Isle of Yorichi

Aric chuckles quietly, his shoulder shaking with mirth. My friend, you never cease to amuse me... He looks up at the golem, waiting for the thing to pass. Aye, it can fly, but I think it best to wait until those constructs are a tad farther away.
    Once that happens, assuming it does, he will raise his shield in the air, following soon after as he rises above the trees and scopes out the lay of the land.
    Isle of Yorichi

This time Cessie resists the urge to correct Krait. She had realized it was pointless at this point, he was going to continue make snarky comments whatever she said. Then again, would that be giving up on him? Oh whatever.

Once the golems passed and Aric taken flight he can see that there are indeed more golems in the area, wandering around in the inner city temple. Following the theme seen in the other constructs, there have an odd feature of some sort.

One of them has two mouths and another has four arms and well, twice the amount of one-eyed snakes than you usually see on a man. These people were weird.

If he observes them for a while he might note a pattern, there are always at least two golems wandering the inner city while the rest, so far an unknown number, wander the outer areas. The cites here are very wide, accommodating the constructs to wander freely around.

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Barbarian in the Playground

[The Shallows]

Her hands still in her pockets, Ghoul clenched the gemstone again as they drew closer to the cabin she had.. 'Acquired' a few days ago. It was well within sight now and it could be seen to be a rather modern affair on stilts as would be necessary to keep the foundation away from the tides. Other than that, it was a simple one-story construction that looked to be maybe five rooms at the most. A bit isolated, all said, but certainly a nice getaway for anyone whom wished to spend time at sea.

"Grimm, you say? What's a typical one look like? Assuming there is a 'typical.' I mean" she inquired further. Given the hit and miss nature of the Nexus, she might as well get some information about these things in case she ran into them at one point. Sure, the areas around Inside seemed pretty safe due to Remnant and the Irregulars but it helped to be just a little bit cautious.

3. - Top - End - #1323

Quote Originally Posted by Terumitsu View Post
    [The Shallows]

Her hands still in her pockets, Ghoul clenched the gemstone again as they drew closer to the cabin she had.. 'Acquired' a few days ago. It was well within sight now and it could be seen to be a rather modern affair on stilts as would be necessary to keep the foundation away from the tides. Other than that, it was a simple one-story construction that looked to be maybe five rooms at the most. A bit isolated, all said, but certainly a nice getaway for anyone whom wished to spend time at sea.

"Grimm, you say? What's a typical one look like? Assuming there is a 'typical.' I mean" she inquired further. Given the hit and miss nature of the Nexus, she might as well get some information about these things in case she ran into them at one point. Sure, the areas around Inside seemed pretty safe due to Remnant and the Irregulars but it helped to be just a little bit cautious.
    There are various different types, but the most iconic would be an Ursa. They are large bears about the size of a van with black fur, a face masked with a thick white bone, and red eyes.
    Celica describes to Ghoul.
    There is also Nevermore; enormous ravens about the size of a small plane with a bone-white covering on their face and red eyes, able to fire it's quill-like feathers at you, Deathstalkers; large scorpions with a white boney carapace able to resist a gunshot, and King Kaiju, amazingly long snakes with one black half and one white half, each with a head.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

4. - Top - End - #1324

[The Shallows - Cabin]
    ((Those sound like pretty cool beasties, mate))

None of those things sounded like something a person would want to encounter in a dark alleyway. Of course, it would be pretty idiotic to assume that soulless congealed masses of destructive essence would be anything else unless the world in particular operated on vastly different principles than was typical. "Hmm.. I'm gonna make a stab in the dark here and guess that being a huntress involves more taking care of these things than the typical definition." she said as she took the steps up to the side door, jostling the knob before giving it a shove with her shoulder. The door wasn't locked but the wood had swollen a bit in the humidity to make it stick quite easily.

On the inside would be.. Well.. Perhaps now it would be apparent as to why Ghoul had been able to commandeer the house with such ease. It looked as if someone or something had literally torn into the walls and furniture with a fistful of knives; leaving gouges in the walls and furniture. As if that wasn't enough, the brown stains of old, dried blood were sprayed about haphazardly and there was the faintest scent of wet dog underneath the ever present odor of cigaret smoke. "Had to board up a few of the broken windows but it's serviceable for the time being if you don't mind the mess." she said, moving towards the apparently still functioning refrigerator. That or she just had a generator going somewhere..

5. - Top - End - #1325

[The Shallows - Cabin]
    ((Those sound like pretty cool beasties, mate))

None of those things sounded like something a person would want to encounter in a dark alleyway. Of course, it would be pretty idiotic to assume that soulless congealed masses of destructive essence would be anything else unless the world in particular operated on vastly different principles than was typical. "Hmm.. I'm gonna make a stab in the dark here and guess that being a huntress involves more taking care of these things than the typical definition." she said as she took the steps up to the side door, jostling the knob before giving it a shove with her shoulder. The door wasn't locked but the wood had swollen a bit in the humidity to make it stick quite easily.

On the inside would be.. Well.. Perhaps now it would be apparent as to why Ghoul had been able to commandeer the house with such ease. It looked as if someone or something had literally torn into the walls and furniture with a fistful of knives; leaving gouges in the walls and furniture. As if that wasn't enough, the brown stains of old, dried blood were sprayed about haphazardly and there was the faintest scent of wet dog underneath the ever present odor of cigaret smoke. "Had to board up a few of the broken windows but it's serviceable for the time being if you don't mind the mess." she said, moving towards the apparently still functioning refrigerator. That or she just had a generator going somewhere..
    ((Wish I came up with them))

Yeah, our job is exclusively hunting them down actually. Occasionally we aid the police if master criminals like Roman Torchwixk or the White Fang are afoot too.
    She explains.
    Celica gags at the appearance, the smell, everything, just like her player!
    ...Could use some work, no offense intended.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

6. - Top - End - #1326

[Cabin]

"Well.. Truth be told, it was just the window and the blood and dog smell when I got here." Ghoul admitted as she pulled a bag of red fluid out from the back of the fridge. There was a bit of medical jargon up in the top left quarter but most of it was taken up by a very large 'AB' in white letters. "It's part of why I decided to move my... Meditation outside." she said enigmatically. Of course, when one was made to realize their psionic potential, one didn't exactly get a free handbook on how to control said potential at the same time.

Or at least not in her case. "Bed is still fine if you're looking for a rest. It's kept as dark as the rest of the place if you're wondering." she said just before she bit down into the bloodbag with gusto. Celica would note that she indeed had been quite hungry given how quickly she was draining the pint bag.

7. - Top - End - #1327

[Cabin]

"Well.. Truth be told, it was just the window and the blood and dog smell when I got here." Ghoul admitted as she pulled a bag of red fluid out from the back of the fridge. There was a bit of medical jargon up in the top left quarter but most of it was taken up by a very large 'AB' in white letters. "It's part of why I decided to move my... Meditation outside." she said enigmatically. Of course, when one was made to realize their psionic potential, one didn't exactly get a free handbook on how to control said potential at the same time.

Or at least not in her case. "Bed is still fine if you're looking for a rest. It's kept as dark as the rest of the place if you're wondering." she said just before she bit down into the bloodbag with gusto. Celica would note that she indeed had been quite hungry given how quickly she was draining the pint bag.
    You wouldn't happen to have one I could have, would you?
    Celica asks with a slight sign of hunger in her voice as she goes over to the bed and lies down on it, yawning.
    Recent life's been a bit harsh on me.
    She tells Ghoul.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

8. - Top - End - #1328

[Cabin]

"You already said you'd had a snack." Ghoul said, a light growl in her tone like a wolf unwilling to share a kill. Still, she knew how hunger affected her own mind and would rather not have a pissed off vampire that wasn't her in the room. "Catch." she said, tossing a bag that had a white 'O' at Celica from the back of the fridge. A keen eye would show there were only two bags left and Ghoul's mild pause would likely be enough to show her discontent at this fact. Really, she didn't need more but there was a marked difference between having enough to survive and really being able to enjoy oneself. That and the stuff tasted awful old and chilled like this but it was smarter to muddle through that part.

"So, what, getting attacked again hasn't been the only thing?" she asked, pulling the amethyst out of her pocket again as she drained the very last drops out of the bag with her fangs, making several more punctures as she did so.

9. - Top - End - #1329

[Cabin]

"You already said you'd had a snack." Ghoul said, a light growl in her tone like a wolf unwilling to share a kill. Still, she knew how hunger affected her own mind and would rather not have a pissed off vampire that wasn't her in the room. "Catch." she said, tossing a bag that had a white 'O' at Celica from the back of the fridge. A keen eye would show there were only two bags left and Ghoul's mild pause would likely be enough to show her discontent at this fact. Really, she didn't need more but there was a marked difference between having enough to survive and really being able to enjoy oneself. That and the stuff tasted awful old and chilled like this but it was smarter to muddle through that part.

"So, what, getting attacked again hasn't been the only thing?" she asked, pulling the amethyst out of her pocket again as she drained the very last drops out of the bag with her fangs, making several more punctures as she did so.
    I never said it was very filing. I barely have any blood left at home, and money's been tight.
    Yeah... My best friend fell in love with me and we were going to go on our first date but she deadtimed, and I ran into a vampire hunter, who Lim worried may be trying to get a pack together.

She replies, sighing, before draining the bag. She appears to have been telling the truth: you could barely tell she ever drank blood earlier from her thirst.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

10. - Top - End - #1330
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Isle of Yorichi

This time Cessie resists the urge to correct Krait. She had realized it was pointless at this point, he was going to continue make snarky comments whatever she said. Then again, would that be giving up on him? Oh whatever.

Once the golems passed and Aric taken flight he can see that there are indeed more golems in the area, wandering around in the inner city temple. Following the theme seen in the other constructs, there have an odd feature of some sort.

One of them has two mouths and another has four arms and well, twice the amount of one-eyed snakes than you usually see on a man. These people were weird.

If he observes them for a while he might note a pattern, there are always at least two golems wandering the inner city while the rest, so far an unknown number, wander the outer areas. The cites here are very wide, accommodating the constructs to wander freely around.
    Isle of Yorichi

Aric will hover above the trees until he can see any sort of repeating cycle which could make for a stealthy entrance into the city.
    After a little while, he slowly falls to the ground, landing with a gentle thud. <fairly detailed yet genteel description of what was seen> He waits for Cessie's response. This was her quest, after all.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1331

[Cabin]

"Dead-what now?" Ghoul asked, clearly unfamiliar with the term. Of course, she might just be one of those who didn't have the gift of noticing certain artifacts of the Nexus as others seemed to possess. She hid a slight smirk as she watched the bag empty, instead deciding to probe a bit more into this potential group of hunters. "And who might Lim be? What exactly did they tell you about this group?"

While she hadn't yet run into any hunters, something she attributed to her being extremely cautious when it came to feeding, she knew that there would always be those who simply saw a threat rather than a person with different needs. Of course, there were those of her kind that really were just monsters, after all, but they tended to really sour things for those who just wanted to get along with their 'life.' I suppose the dehumanization works both ways, come to think of it. In any case, at least there hadn't been anyone knocking at her door yet with heavy crossbows. She had no idea why they were always depicted with crossbows and not something more modern but that might just be romanticisation happening again.

12. - Top - End - #1332

[Cabin]

"Dead-what now?" Ghoul asked, clearly unfamiliar with the term. Of course, she might just be one of those who didn't have the gift of noticing certain artifacts of the Nexus as others seemed to possess. She hid a slight smirk as she watched the bag empty, instead deciding to probe a bit more into this potential group of hunters. "And who might Lim be? What exactly did they tell you about this group?"

While she hadn't yet run into any hunters, something she attributed to her being extremely cautious when it came to feeding, she knew that there would always be those who simply saw a threat rather than a person with different needs. Of course, there were those of her kind that really were just monsters, after all, but they tended to really sour things for those who just wanted to get along with their 'life.' I suppose the dehumanization works both ways, come to think of it. In any case, at least there hadn't been anyone knocking at her door yet with heavy crossbows. She had no idea why they were always depicted with crossbows and not something more modern but that might just be romanticisation happening again.
    ((Sorry, meant "I'm"))
    Sorry, a lapsus linguae. I meant to say I'm.
    I overheard a cleric discussing with another person about killing vampires and offering him the possibility of working together, and there's been talk of one on the walls: there was even a ****ing ad about it.

Śhe tells her, a grim look on her face.
    And nevermind about that.
    Celica simply comments about "deadtime"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

13. - Top - End - #1333
    Titan in the Playground

Rakkenport

Valcario flies into Rakkenport, a hive of scum and piracy. He parks his airship over it, drops the anchor but makes sure to fly down on his steambike and then set up a stand with a sign saying:

"RECRUITING FOR NEW PIRATE CREW!

I'M THE CAPTAIN. ALL OTHER POSITIONS NEGOTIABLE.

VAMPIRES, NINJAS, DEMONS, SLAVERS, AND STRAW-HATTED FOOLS WILL NOT BE RECRUITED"

Soon a familia figure walked up to him.
    "Ey, Slagerin! what're you doing here?"
    "The usual. Battling. Eating."
    Slagerin was a muscular lizardfolk, he wore blue pants but was generally shirtless and shoeless- his lizard feet wouldn't fit in any, and he generally didn't need any protection from attacks. He didn't even carry a weapon. For he was Slagerin the Unkillable. He had a regeneration factor powerful enough to keep him coming back from anything except fire and acid- and even then he was smart enough to find ways to keep coming back even from those- he could rip off his own hand, throw it away and it would regenerate into a clone of him, memories and all, even as the rest of his body hypothetically burns to ash. Super-Strength was just icing on the cake. He only fought foes that were worthy though- innocents and the weak are not worth fighting, and therefore he doesn't harm them.
    "and also apparently deciding to join this new pirate crew your thinking of. Sign me up, things are always interesting around you."
    "That it is, Slagerin, that it is. Glad to have you on board, always were a lizardfolk I could rely on, if a little strange about the fighting and eating yourself thing."
    "What? I have an agreement with myself whichever clone wins gets to eat the loser, and I taste delicious. You used me as food at times yourself anyways."
    "True, but those were still the creepiest moments of my life. Even if I did need to survive..."
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

14. - Top - End - #1334

Isle of Yorichi

Aric will hover above the trees until he can see any sort of repeating cycle which could make for a stealthy entrance into the city.
    After a little while, he slowly falls to the ground, landing with a gentle thud. <fairly detailed yet genteel description of what was seen> He waits for Cessie's response. This was her quest, after all.
    Isle of Yorichi

Cessie listen closely to Aric's description before nodding. "Have either of you any form of stealth devices at your disposal? It would make the next step much easier. I want to go to the pyramid in the center of the inner city. We could always try to simply fly above the golems but that might cause them to notice us." Not that she was sure if they actually could do anything to them while they were so high up in the air. But it might stop their progress.

15. - Top - End - #1335

Isle of Yorichi

Krait nods, and spontaneously becomes totally see-through. It's still pretty obvious he's standing right there, since it's not perfect invisibility or anything, but it's a start, right? He turns the transparency thing off a moment later, now that the demonstration is done.

"They will not look up if they are preoccupied with an intruder running through the city, and then spontaneously vanishing into the forest. I will be that intruder."
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

16. - Top - End - #1336

Isle of Yorichi

Cessie listen closely to Aric's description before nodding. "Have either of you any form of stealth devices at your disposal? It would make the next step much easier. I want to go to the pyramid in the center of the inner city. We could always try to simply fly above the golems but that might cause them to notice us." Not that she was sure if they actually could do anything to them while they were so high up in the air. But it might stop their progress.
    Isle of Yorichi

Krait nods, and spontaneously becomes totally see-through. It's still pretty obvious he's standing right there, since it's not perfect invisibility or anything, but it's a start, right? He turns the transparency thing off a moment later, now that the demonstration is done.

"They will not look up if they are preoccupied with an intruder running through the city, and then spontaneously vanishing into the forest. I will be that intruder."
    Isle of Yorichi

I can suggest nothing better, as I have no stealthy devices at my disposal. If you a willing, Lady Cessie, then I'll fly you over while Krait provides the distraction. I believe the shield is capable of producing greater speeds than demonstrated thus far. He offers a hand to the sorceress, though he'll probably have to wrap his arm around her while flying, and lifts his shield up slightly.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

17. - Top - End - #1337
    Titan in the Playground

Rakkenport

three more people soon come....

Ralkira, a rabbitfolk in a witches outfit, twirling a staff.
    "Yo, heard yer recruiting, kitty-cat."
    "Yes, yes I am, what can you do?"
    "I can use emotional energy to create hard light constructs, fly, blow things up and generally be an awesome mage. Y'know, an Emotionalist, the mental counterpart to an Elementalist."
    "How powerful are we talking here?"
    "Pretty powerful. I'm pretty sure I can blow up buildings."
    "Welcome aboard...."
    "Ralkira."
    "Ralkira! You make a great addition, m'names Valcario."
    "Whatevs, kitty-cat."

Valine, a merfolk in white shirt and black pants, with various potions strapped all over her.
    "Hello, I am Valine Matarce. I'm a master alchemist."
    "Nice to meet you, and what can your alchemy do for my crew?"
    "Heal them, strengthen them, that I'm good at cooking seafood."
    "Sounds like we have a good medic then."
    "Thanks, I hope to do well, Captain."

Finally....another familiar face arrives.
    One Valcario doesn't trust. She slinks in with a little smirk on her face, her black catfolk fur and her blacker long coat ruffling in the wind as her yellow eyes looks at Valcario in amusement, while he shoots back a look of suspicion.
    "Well well well.....what have we here.....Valcario De Zantasa recruiting for a pirate crew...I thought you were a free spirit, Valcario....why the sudden desire to be a leader?"
    She was Saltanne "Black Cat" Berennes, and was known as one of the most mysterious rogues that ever walked the worlds. Valcario remembered what happened the last time he worked with her- she found a way to sneak away with all the gold without him getting a single piece. The untrustworthy vixen.
    "Saltanne. Why are you here, couldn't resist stealing from me again?"
    "I mean come now, you know your not all that responsible, so why get into a position where responsibility is thrust upon you?"
    "Can't resist being mysterious can you? Why should I trust you? After all that we have done? what makes you think I'll accept you in?"
    "What, you think you can do all this yourself? That you can really be a leader? I know you. Your not one for responsibility. Always walking off to do your own thing. You need a second in command."
    "Oh, like you will accept any fair deal."
    "Come now, if we work together, I can get far more wealth than working alone. It would be a mutually beneficial arrangement, you get to play leader, and I handle all the stuff that you don't want to."
    "....Fine, you'll be First Mate, but if I catch you screwing us over for your own gain again, I'm gonna kill you."
    "I won't, but I'd be disappointed if you didn't try."

Afterwards, Slagerin talks to Valcario
    "Oy, you really going to trust her? You know how Saltanne is: always lying, always scamming, always playing at some other game..."
    "I know but...if she is here, she is going to have Workings and Designs whatever I do, only if I allow her on the crew....that at least I can control it, steer them to my benefit, keep an eye on her. Saltanne's an untrustworthy fox of a scoundrel, sly and sneaky, but she is an untrustworthy fox you want as an ally. Having her on the crew is damage control. Lemme worry about her Slagerin, if you try to play her game, you'll lose faster than you can say "scammed". Don't worry, she is a devil, but she is a devil that I know..."
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

18. - Top - End - #1338

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    ((Sorry, meant "I'm"))
    Sorry, a lapsus linguae. I meant to say I'm.
    I overheard a cleric discussing with another person about killing vampires and offering him the possibility of working together, and there's been talk of one on the walls: there was even a ****ing ad about it.

Śhe tells her, a grim look on her face.
    And nevermind about that.
    Celica simply comments about "deadtime"
    Ghoul's eyes narrowed at this information. While she had made certain to be careful about keeping under the radar when it came to her needs, the idea of being hunted felt... Well, it was more than just another thing to be paranoid about. Really, it felt like there was something in her core that felt as if there were something fundamentally wrong with the idea of being hunted. She clenched her jaws for a moment before making another inquiry: "So, these two, would you be able to describe them in any detail? Any names or significant features?" she began, her mind working out a few rudimentary plans. "In fact, how did you know that one of them was a cleric? Was he wearing some kind of vestments or he say? And could you name the denomination or sect that he was a part of, for that matter?" she asked. She didn't expect all that much when it came to the actual people but at least knowing from where the clergyman hailed from would give her some forewarning.

Or at least one would hope.

"...Actually, you've got a place to stay.. At least until you've got a cure for yourself?" she asked. Certainly just wandering around with an umbrella during the day wasn't an activity reserved for those who had a place to rest unless they were either supremely confidant or just very, very bored.

19. - Top - End - #1339

Isle of Yorichi

Isle of Yorichi

I can suggest nothing better, as I have no stealthy devices at my disposal. If you a willing, Lady Cessie, then I'll fly you over while Krait provides the distraction. I believe the shield is capable of producing greater speeds than demonstrated thus far. He offers a hand to the sorceress, though he'll probably have to wrap his arm around her while flying, and lifts his shield up slightly.
    Isle of Yorichi

The sorceress clears her throat, this was an bit undignified for her. "I can fly on my own power but not very quickly." Took a lot of energy to just lift herself up. "...I suppose we could fly together if it can hold us." She seems a bit hesitant towards this idea however. "But yes, Krait, your plan will probably work. Just lure away the golems while we fly to the center of the city. You have to move fast though."

20. - Top - End - #1340
    Ogre in the Playground

[Temple of Littora]
    The old temple of the coastal goddess remains in good repair, a palace of white marble and faded red mosaics sprawling through the green-blue shoreline waters and creamy sands. Inside, glowstones shine a bluish light to brighten the partly-flooded interior. The place is peaceful and beautiful even without the goddess' watching over it any more, and the descendants of the temple's giant hermit crabs trundle placidly about the outer grounds.

Except for one very unlucky one, because some pistol shrimp lady keeps knocking him over.

Deino snaps the hammer of her big claw down, blasting a cavitation shockwave through the air that sends the bike-sized crustacean skidding across the sands with bubbles and clicks of protest.

Quit your whining, I'm going easy on you and you're good target practice. You'll be fine.

Jeeeerrrk.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1341
    Titan in the Playground

[Temple of Littora]

And there is another shrimp lady there, this one a mantis shrimp person, who laughs at the toppling crab's protests and says, "Yeah. Could be worse. I could be in the mood for some practice." She then grins at Deino a little mischeviously and continues, "Really, thought, you should be fighting something that can actually dodge."

22. - Top - End - #1342
    Ogre in the Playground

[Temple of Littora]
    Deino turns her cuttlefish-like eyes on her friend/rival/sparring partner. Was that an offer, Kura? Because I could take it as an offer. She cricks her neck, tail flexing.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1343
    Titan in the Playground

[Temple of Littora]

Kura's tri-pupiled eyes seem to revolve a little as she grins and says, "Dei, if it wasn't an offer, I wouldn't have said anything. Shall we?" With that, she jets off to a pillar, her tail undulating wildly as she swims.

24. - Top - End - #1344

Isle of Yorichi

The sorceress clears her throat, this was an bit undignified for her. "I can fly on my own power but not very quickly." Took a lot of energy to just lift herself up. "...I suppose we could fly together if it can hold us." She seems a bit hesitant towards this idea however. "But yes, Krait, your plan will probably work. Just lure away the golems while we fly to the center of the city. You have to move fast though."
    "A task suitable for our fattest, most sluggish of recruits. It will be as child's play, Mrs. Mithar," Krait boasts, before rushing off to serve as a distraction. It shouldn't be too hard to get the attention of the guards; Krait is almost certainly the sort of thing they're supposed to be watching out for, after all.
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

25. - Top - End - #1345
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    [Temple of Littora]

Kura's tri-pupiled eyes seem to revolve a little as she grins and says, "Dei, if it wasn't an offer, I wouldn't have said anything. Shall we?" With that, she jets off to a pillar, her tail undulating wildly as she swims.
    Deino slips into the water after her, smiling just a little as she follows.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1346

Isle of Yorichi

"A task suitable for our fattest, most sluggish of recruits. It will be as child's play, Mrs. Mithar," Krait boasts, before rushing off to serve as a distraction. It shouldn't be too hard to get the attention of the guards; Krait is almost certainly the sort of thing they're supposed to be watching out for, after all.
    I'm sorry if I seem too forward, but I'd prefer to keep the three of us out of harm's way as much as I can, and I believe if I can fly you faster, then that's less time Krait has to distract the golems. If she's accepting, he'll hold her in whatever way she deems appropriate and use the power of the shield to carry them up and towards their destination. As they rise into the air he calls down to the kobold below. Krait, stay safe, keep your wits about you, and I'll see you again soon.
    Don't forget, Cessie has a golem of her own doing...something.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

27. - Top - End - #1347
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    Deino slips into the water after her, smiling just a little as she follows.
    When they reach the top of the Pillar, Kura grins, land, and says, "Alright, first one to lose contact with the pillar loses. Sound good?"

28. - Top - End - #1348

Isle of Yorichi

"I trust your judgement Krait." While the kobold had been rather crude in his ways, she couldn't ignore the fact he'd been effective, that's part of the reason she had hired MERC in the first place, then she get's onboard the shield, leaving the earth elemental down on the ground. It could wait for now, most of her more important things were in her shoulder-bag of holding after all.

However, they seem to have forgotten their goblin guide. "Hey, wait. What am I supposed to do now?"

"You can stay here and just wait. We'll be back soon enough." And the elemental would guard the rest of her stuff from him.

In any case once Aric flies off he will see that two of the giant golems are currently patrolling the inner city and a third one can be seen wandering off in the distance.

29. - Top - End - #1349

Isle of Yorichi

Krait raises up his voulge, shaking it about in the air, causing the jawbones tied to the weapon to rattle as they clatter against one another. It should make quite a bit of noise, helping him along as he runs into the city to try to distract those nude goliaths.

"Do not attempt to flee in my absence, goblin. These lands are treacherous to traitors."
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

30. - Top - End - #1350

Isle of Yorichi

Well, off they go. Aric will fly the two of them to wherever Cessie directs at as rapid a pace as possible, so it shouldn't take more than ten minutes, assuming the temple is some ways off in the center of the city.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show