New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 80 of 80 FirstFirst ... 30557071727374757677787980
Results 2,371 to 2,397 of 2397
  1. - Top - End - #2371
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Rob's Epic Level Campaign

Quote Originally Posted by DM7581 View Post
    No need for critical confirmations. A 20 is always a critical hit. In 5e, you double all damage dice on a critical but not the modifiers. So Mr. Benson should be 4d8+10 instead of 2d8+10. Note that any augmentations to damage (such as a Paladin's Smite, the Ranger's Hunter's Mark spell, or the like) does get doubled as well.
    I knew that. Because I too am a learned DM. Just testing you.

2. - Top - End - #2372
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Nimm View Post
    Dr. Nimm regards the laughing Drow with a pleased expression. The WARS effect never ceases to amuse!

"Ha! Look everyone! Isn't that funny? So... Want to kill him or interrogate him when he stops laughing? All the same to me! Hahaa!" (Takes a swig from the flask)
    "If this Drow has any useful information, we can certainly use it. Does anyone have some rope to tie him with?"

3. - Top - End - #2373

I think I have rope. If not, Mr. Benson can just restrain him. He knows Jiu Jitsu.

4. - Top - End - #2374

SolithKnightGuy

I think I have rope. If not, Mr. Benson can just restrain him. He knows Jiu Jitsu.
    Arcivus tosses the gnome a pair of manacles before he gets tangled up in the rope trying to get it out of the bag.

Try these on for size, I have an extra pair if you want to do the legs aswell.
    Spoiler: Arcivus Luscient
    Show

HP: 204/204
    AC: 22
    Stats: 25, 10, 18, 10, 12, 20
    Passive Perception: 11
    Saving Throws: Str 8 (13), Dex 1 (6), Con 11 (16), Wis 8 (13), Cha 11 (17)
    Aura of Protection +5 to all Saves for everyone within 30ft
    Aura of Courage/Devotion immunity to Frighten/Charm for everyone within 30ft
    Always under effect of Protection to Evil and Good

5. - Top - End - #2375
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The spell eventually expires and the prone drow, bound, looks up at you all and smiles, cursing you in undercommon the whole while.

Leena draws her scimitar in anger, pushing the blade deep into the creatures neck, drawing a trickle of blood.

Leena: (in Elvish) I know you understand me you worm. Now are you going to cooperate?

The drow spits on the floor, curses her again in undercommon and then replies in Elvish.

Drow: (in Elvish) You surface dwellers will only die here. You waste your breath!

He spits again. Leena doesn't hesitate and backhands him.

Arcivus, you don't feel right about her methods, though you are oblivious to the exchange. The spitting is a universal sign of disrespect, however. Anyone want to chime in?

6. - Top - End - #2376

Uh yeah. Why is Arcivus carrying manacles around? Got a little freaky past time we don't know about?

To the Drow: "Give us a layout of your defenses."

7. - Top - End - #2377
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I assume you are peaking in Elvish.

Drow: Why? What do you intend, surface dweller? I will tell you nothing!

He spits again. This time it hits your boot. Mr. Benson looks down at it, as if to clean it (you have him well trained as a butler of sorts).

8. - Top - End - #2378

I assume you are peaking in Elvish.

Drow: Why? What do you intend, surface dweller? I will tell you nothing!

He spits again. This time it hits your boot. Mr. Benson looks down at it, as if to clean it (you have him well trained as a butler of sorts).
    I stop him. "No thank you, Mr. Benson. Instead, kindly apply moderate manual pressure to the wrists of this gentleman."

I pull the Drow's shirt over his head.

"I challenge you to spit now, sir! Mr. Benson, gradually increase manual pressure."

When I start to hear the drow whimper, or I hear a pop (whichever comes first) I tell Mr. Benson to stop increasing pressure.

That'll learn him!

"I won't lower myself by lying to you, sir. We do intend to assail your forces, BUT, only with the intent of giving us leverage in a peaceful negotiation. We do not intend to eliminate your whole village. However, if you refuse, it.will make a messier battle, and more of you will have to die. Do you want that?"

(Thinking...why doesn't Xavier just do his charm thing and make this easier?!)
    Last edited by Dr_Nimm; 2015-11-19 at 08:45 PM.

9. - Top - End - #2379
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I stop him. "No thank you, Mr. Benson. Instead, kindly apply moderate manual pressure to the wrists of this gentleman."

I pull the Drow's shirt over his head.

"I challenge you to spit now, sir! Mr. Benson, gradually increase manual pressure."

When I start to hear the drow whimper, or I hear a pop (whichever comes first) I tell Mr. Benson to stop increasing pressure.

That'll learn him!

"I won't lower myself by lying to you, sir. We do intend to assail your forces, BUT, only with the intent of giving us leverage in a peaceful negotiation. We do not intend to eliminate your whole village. However, if you refuse, it.will make a messier battle, and more of you will have to die. Do you want that?"

(Thinking...why doesn't Xavier just do his charm thing and make this easier?!)
    I like the tactic. Even Leena is giddy about it. Give me a roll, your choice: Intimidation, Persuasion, Diplomacy, depending on how you want to come off. And with advantage.

10. - Top - End - #2380

SolithKnightGuy

I like the tactic. Even Leena is giddy about it. Give me a roll, your choice: Intimidation, Persuasion, Diplomacy, depending on how you want to come off. And with advantage.
    Arcivus is not liking this one bit, but see the necessity in what they are doing.

"Ask him about the sword"
    Show

11. - Top - End - #2381

Uhh... I guess its what **** Cheney might call "enhanced persuasion."

Persuasion 18 (13+6-1)

"Oh yes. And tell us about the sword too. You know the one. Don't play dumb. Well...you are dumb, at least compared to me, but don't pretend to be dumber than you already are. Speak!"

12. - Top - End - #2382
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

It takes a while. Lots of back and forth, bonr crunching torture and not-so-empty threats later, the drow finally caves.

Drow: We have warriors, the driders too. They protect us and us them. Our priestess. Ha, ha... She will see you dead. We have mages, ancient beasts. What do you want to know? You think only you will destroy us? (He scoffs) You may be strong, but you are no match for my people.

Regarding the Holy Avenger:

Drow: I have not seen such a blade, but it was likely... (he hesitates) gifted to the dragon as tribute. You are dumber than I thought if you intend to face us and her. Hmph.

Leena: (in Common) I think this worm has served his purpose... Any more questions?

She puts her blade to his neck ready to slit his throat. The drow doesn't struggle, almost as if he knows his fate.

13. - Top - End - #2383

SolithKnightGuy

Arcivus use 5 point of healing from his LOH pool on the drow, healing the worst damages. And then with the back of his gauntlet he nonlethally know out the drow.

"Don't question me on this please"

Then I tie a rag across his mouth and use some rope to hogtie him.

"I believe the drow is truthful when he say this is suicide to engage the drow in their stronghold"

"I believe an opportunity will arise Heironeus willing, that will let us help the halflings in a more safe way."

"And I believe if the legends are true, and the sword is that powerful. Then I think we stand a better chance of succes if I wield that"
    Show

14. - Top - End - #2384
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ketiara View Post
    Arcivus use 5 point of healing from his LOH pool on the drow, healing the worst damages. And then with the back of his gauntlet he nonlethally know out the drow.

"Don't question me on this please"

Then I tie a rag across his mouth and use some rope to hogtie him.

"I believe the drow is truthful when he say this is suicide to engage the drow in their stronghold"

"I believe an opportunity will arise Heironeus willing, that will let us help the halflings in a more safe way."

"And I believe if the legends are true, and the sword is that powerful. Then I think we stand a better chance of succes if I wield that"
    Leena: (scoffing) You know if or when he is free, he will only alert his people. (under her breath) May very well be the death of you... (aloud, almost excitedly) So, to the dragon's den then?

15. - Top - End - #2385

SolithKnightGuy

Leena: (scoffing) You know if or when he is free, he will only alert his people. (under her breath) May very well be the death of you... (aloud, almost excitedly) So, to the dragon's den then?
    "Perhaps, or it may just work out, time will tell.
    Lets hurry to the dragon den, Xavier, can you spare a teleport? "
    Show

16. - Top - End - #2386
    Barbarian in the Playground

I, not wanting to slow our progress, allow my friends to interrogate the prisoner how they see fit.

However, I will manifest Detect Thoughts and probe the Drow's mind to see if I find any more useful information once my friends are done.

Quote Originally Posted by Ketiara View Post
    "Perhaps, or it may just work out, time will tell.
    Lets hurry to the dragon den, Xavier, can you spare a teleport? "
    "Yes, however, I will only be able to manifest it one more time after doing so before needing rest. Unfortunately, my mental energies do have their limits."

I manifest Teleport when everyone is ready.

17. - Top - End - #2387

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier Alexis View Post
    I, not wanting to slow our progress, allow my friends to interrogate the prisoner how they see fit.

However, I will manifest Detect Thoughts and probe the Drow's mind to see if I find any more useful information once my friends are done.

"Yes, however, I will only be able to manifest it one more time after doing so before needing rest. Unfortunately, my mental energies do have their limits."

"Would it be better to get back to the halfling camp and get some rest before we take on any number of dragons?"

"If we go to the halfling camp we take the drow with us, if possible. That way he can't tell of our encounter"
    Show

18. - Top - End - #2388

Awwww. I was enjoying that.

Let the halflings have their way with the prisoner. It will boost their morale.

19. - Top - End - #2389
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier Alexis View Post

Xavier probes into the drows mind.

The first read is that of utter hate and disdain. He wants to kill you all, and if set free or allowed to live is likely to pursue that end.

As the minute passes (the drow fails his Wisdom save), Xavier is able to probe deeper. Xavier, you reveal that this guy is hungry. As a matter of fact, he is worried about not only himself, but his family, and tribe's survival. He knows about the giants and the freed halflings and his group was sent to track them down. He and the tribe were even warned of your group by surviving scouts, and you can almost sense glee from him, as you have an inkling that they are prepared for your arrival.

The victim knows you are reading his thoughts, but he seems not to care, looking at you with a malicious smirk. His thoughts are clearly full of hate and violence.

As the dragon was brought up, you are able to detect that the drow pay tribute to the dragon, but hate it. You are about to get the "why" to this when about half a minute in, the drow finally breaks the spell (opposed Int checks I rolled in secret). You lose the connection and the link to his thoughts.

So are you going to the dragon, halfling village, or drow lair?

20. - Top - End - #2390

SolithKnightGuy

Xavier probes into the drows mind.

The first read is that of utter hate and disdain. He wants to kill you all, and if set free or allowed to live is likely to pursue that end.

As the minute passes (the drow fails his Wisdom save), Xavier is able to probe deeper. Xavier, you reveal that this guy is hungry. As a matter of fact, he is worried about not only himself, but his family, and tribe's survival. He knows about the giants and the freed halflings and his group was sent to track them down. He and the tribe were even warned of your group by surviving scouts, and you can almost sense glee from him, as you have an inkling that they are prepared for your arrival.

The victim knows you are reading his thoughts, but he seems not to care, looking at you with a malicious smirk. His thoughts are clearly full of hate and violence.

As the dragon was brought up, you are able to detect that the drow pay tribute to the dragon, but hate it. You are about to get the "why" to this when about half a minute in, the drow finally breaks the spell (opposed Int checks I rolled in secret). You lose the connection and the link to his thoughts.

So are you going to the dragon, halfling village, or drow lair?
    If Xavier let us know part of this information, which im sure he will, I will suggest that we take the drow to the halfling village rest up asap, if we are attacked while we are at the village we ofcourse defend it, if not we go to the dragon lair, and ask the halflings to hide for a day or two till we get back.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #2391

I agree. Let's rest up at the halfling village.

Not that I want to watch what they do to this drow. Not at all.

22. - Top - End - #2392
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

So you all leave the drow bound and teleport back to the halfling village?
    Last edited by DM7581; 2015-11-22 at 05:14 PM.

23. - Top - End - #2393

I vote yes, take him with us bound

24. - Top - End - #2394

SolithKnightGuy

So you all leave the drow bound and teleport back to the halfling village?
    yes the drow will not be unbound, but we bring him by teleport!
    Show

25. - Top - End - #2395
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

So you all teleport back to the halfling camp with the drow. As you arrive, the halflings look at you all very confused and very fearful of the drow in captivity. Remember that most of them do not speak any Common so you will have to meet up with the elder to discuss your plan of action.

As you enter his chamber, he greets you as if knowing you to already have arrived. He has a look of concern on his face as he sees the drow with you, though it is as if he expected it.

Cortran: (sigh) You have good intentions. I know this. We know this. Our warriors have been freed because of you. You have our gratitude. But bringing this one here... we do not take prisoners. You put us in a predicament. We must either kill him, now that he has seen our settlement here, or have him freed while we relocate and risk losing many more lives. Neither is desirable...

You can tell that these halflings are not a warlike people. They simply want to live off of the and coexist, if possible. What do you all do?

26. - Top - End - #2396

SolithKnightGuy

So you all teleport back to the halfling camp with the drow. As you arrive, the halflings look at you all very confused and very fearful of the drow in captivity. Remember that most of them do not speak any Common so you will have to meet up with the elder to discuss your plan of action.

As you enter his chamber, he greets you as if knowing you to already have arrived. He has a look of concern on his face as he sees the drow with you, though it is as if he expected it.

Cortran: (sigh) You have good intentions. I know this. We know this. Our warriors have been freed because of you. You have our gratitude. But bringing this one here... we do not take prisoners. You put us in a predicament. We must either kill him, now that he has seen our settlement here, or have him freed while we relocate and risk losing many more lives. Neither is desirable...

You can tell that these halflings are not a warlike people. They simply want to live off of the and coexist, if possible. What do you all do?
    He is still knocked out and hogtied and with a cloth in the mouth.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #2397
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

The Mod Wonder: This thread is closed for length. Threads are to be closed at 50 pages. When voluntarily ended, they are not locked.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.