New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Diablo 2 - Act two, The Horadric Staff

The Claw Viper Temple

The remaining heroes' dying fury not being enough to bring down their foes, the situation goes spiraling towards its inevitable conclusion.

Ravenna is bombarded with dark magic, powerful enough to make her stagger were she at her full strength, but now is simply overwhelming. Adding to that, each of the guards tears into one of the heroes, claws sharp, bloody, and wielded without a shred of mercy.

Spoiler
    Show
    Claw Viper Guard 1 full attacks Paavo in the grapple.

Attack 1: Claw attack (1d20+20)[27] for (1d8+13)[19] damage.
    Attack 2: Claw attack. (1d20+16)[33] for (1d8+13)[20] damage.
    Attack 3: Claw attack. (1d20+16)[22] for (1d8+13)[16] damage.
    Attack 4: Claw attack. (1d20+16)[18] for (1d8+13)[14] damage.
    Attack 5: Claw attack. (1d20+16)[25] for (1d8+13)[19] damage.
    Attack 6: Grapple check: (1d20+33)[48] for (1d6+8)[13]+(1d6+12)[18] damage if Paavo fails the opposed check.

Claw Viper Guard 2 full attacks Ravenna.

Grapple:
    Attack 1: Claw attack (1d20+24)[26] for (1d8+13)[15] damage.
    Attack 2: Claw attack. (1d20+20)[26] for (1d8+13)[17] damage.
    Attack 3: Claw attack. (1d20+20)[38] for (1d8+13)[21] damage.
    Attack 4: Claw attack. (1d20+20)[26] for (1d8+13)[18] damage.
    Attack 5: Claw attack. (1d20+20)[24] for (1d8+13)[20] damage.

Priest 1 launches a Bone Spear (yes, that's what it is) at Ravenna. She takes (10d6)[40] points of negative energy damage, reflex save DC 19 for half.

Priest 2 launches a Bone Spear at Ravenna. She takes (10d6)[46] points of negative energy damage, reflex save DC 19 for half.

And I think we're done.
    Halfling healer avatar by Akrim.elf.

My sarcasm is never blue.

Personal stuff: The Diablo 2 game (DMing), BBCode syntax highlighter for KDE
    CharOp: Lists of Necessary Magic Items
    Homebrew: My proudest achievement, a translation of vancian spellcasting to psionic mechanics. Other brew can be found in my Homebrewer's Extended Signature.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Troll in the Playground

The Claw Viper Temple

Cath and Lymmrik speed through the now-brighter corridors of the temple, hoping that Ravenna and Paavo are right behind them... but that hope is squashed when their final, dying screams reach those flying away.

The flight back to the waypoint feels significantly longer than the trip to the temple.

Lut Gholein

Back in Lut Gholein, you quickly discover that Ravenna has returned from the dead, but to your sorrow, that Paavo hasn't.

Turning to Drognan for advice on where to turn next, you find that his mind is most occupied with the darkening of the sun.
    "I was nearly convinced that the lengthy eclipse was the work of claw vipers! I know of references to such an occurrence several hundred years ago, but that was far longer. It did not end until a group of heroes found the temple of the demon snakes and destroyed their evil altar..."

"... oh, that is what happened? You did well!"

While Drognan himself turned out to be of little use, two of his patrons overhear the interchange, and introduce themselves.

Spoiler
    Show
    PPR and sonofzeal, that's your cue!

Homebrew: My proudest achievement, a translation of vancian spellcasting to psionic mechanics. Other brew can be found in my Homebrewer's Extended Signature.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Firbolg in the Playground

Monk Agam

Before the heroes stood an unremarkable man, tan and simply-dressed, easily mistaken for any of a dozen peasant farmers within sight if not for the blood stains on his handwraps and the faintest glow of energy around him. It would be easy to underestimate a fellow like this, and perhaps deadly to do so.

He bows. "Greetings, travellers. I am Agam, of the Temple of Earth and Heaven, and I wish to join my efforts with yours to end the paths of those who threaten our world, so that new life can take root in their places."

Zeal's Tier System for PrC's
    Zeal's Expanded Alignment System
    Zeal's "Creative" Build Requests
    Bubs the Commoner
    Zeal's "Minimum-Intervention" balance fix
    Feat Point System fix (in progress)

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by JadePhoenix View Post
    sonofzeal, you're like a megazord of awesome and win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    SonOfZeal, it is a great joy to see that your Kung-Fu remains undiminished in this, the twilight of an age. May the Great Wheel be kind to you, planeswalker.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lucius Lancaster

The tall man listens intently as the conquerors of the viper temple tell their tale to Drognan. Like most of the members of the deep desert tribes, his body is lean and hard, and the crows-feet around his eyes tell the tale of one who has grown up in the blazing sun. Despite that though, he is rather pale and remarkably handsome, and his clothes are lavish and elegantly tailored, betraying no signs of wear from the harsh environment around Lut Gholein.

He steps forward, his voice full of sadness as he speaks in the thick accent of the deep desert tribes.

"If y'all are gonna hunt down tha evils that tainted tha land, Ahh'd like ta join yuh. When tha corruption hit, mah whole tribe was laid low, turned inta mindless minions. Ahh had been out searching for a girl that had gotten lost in a sandstorm. Ahh'd found her body in a sand dune, and Ahh'd been twenny feet under the sand retrieving it when the corruption came past. Ahh'd have been turned ta evil m'self if not fer tha fact Ahh'd been unnerground.."

"Ahh have plenty of scores ta settle..."
    The Good Reverend
    Just call me PPR, no need to type the whole thing.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Troll in the Playground

Lut Gholein

After agreeing that the two newcomers are clearly qualified to join your suicidal quest to save the world, the new party heads out, this time in search for better equipment. This time the trip takes them to Khanduras, but earlier generations of heroes had spoken of a great smith who resides there.

Spoiler
    Show
    Such luck that you all have the Rogue Encampment waypoint!

The Rogue Encampment

In the rogues' encampment, it turns out to be easy to find Charsi, the barbarian-sized woman with the enchanted smithing hammer.

"Oh, you're with them? Excellent! How are they these days? We still haven't finished moving back into the Monastery, the demons didn't exactly leave it in good shape..."

Preferring action to chatter, the smith soon turns to her work - providing the heroes items of magical power!

Spoiler
    Show
    For Agam:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spirit Carapace
    Body Slot: Skin
    Caster Level: 20th
    Aura: Strong; (DC 25) Necromancy
    Activation: Swift (command)
    Weight: -

The fist-sized glob of energy is difficult to take a hold of, as if made of quicksilver.

The Spirit Carapace continually grants the wearer a +5 competence bonus on Tumble checks.

In addition, when activated, the skin grants you Freedom of Movement (as the spell) for 3 rounds. This ability functions twice per day.

For Ravenna:
    Spoiler
    Show

Soul Clutches
    Body Slot: Arms
    Activation: -
    Weight: 1 lb.

The gem inset in these ornate bracers is uncomfortable to the touch, as if it is making a tiny claim on your soul.

Whenever you score a critical hit while wearing Soul Clutches, the target takes a -4 penalty to its Wisdom score (to a minimum score of 1) for 10 minutes, and you gain a +4 bonus to your Wisdom score. The bonuses and penalties do not stack, altough multiple creatures can be affected simultaneously.

In addition, should a creature be slain within one round of you striking them while wearing Soul Clutches, the creature can not be returned to life through any means, and its corpse is immune to further necromantic effects.

For Lymmrik:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Entropy Clutches
    Body Slot: Arms
    Activation: Swift (command)
    Weight: 1 lb.

Despite the heavy appearance of the bracers, your body immediately feels lighter as you don them. You must concentrate not to exaggerate all your movements.

While wearing Entropy Clutches, you gain the benefit of the Dodge feat if you meet its prerequisite. If you have the Dodge feat, you instead gain the Mobility feat.

In addition, three times per day, you can activate the Entropy Clutches to move up to one-half your speed as part of the swift action used to activate it.

6. - Top - End - #276

Lucius

Lucius takes a moment to watch the interaction between his new friends and Charsi, then pulls a very fine scarlet silk sash from his pack and hands it to the smith.

"Greetins, dahrrlin. Ahh sure would be grateful if'n y'all could enchant this here sash for me. It was a gift from the weaver woman of my village."

His face darkening for a moment, he continues, "The demons threaded her entrails through her loom and tried ta weave themselves a belt too.. Ahh reckon she'd like me ta be wearin' her gift whens Ahh makes 'em pay.."
    The Good Reverend

7. - Top - End - #277
    Troll in the Playground

The Rogue Encampment

"That's demon humor for you. You should see some of the things we've found cleaning out the monastery..."

The pair shares a grim moment of silence.

"Or maybe you shouldn't."

"Let's get to work. You'll need to stay here for the bonding to take."

Spoiler
    Show
    For Lucius:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Beast Winding
    Body Slot: Waist
    Aura: Strong; (DC 25) transmutation
    Activation: - and swift (command)
    Weight: 2 lb.

The edges of the fine red sash appear to meld into your skin, although you feel nothing out of the ordinary.

Three times per day, on command, Beast Winding transforms the wearer into a monstrous red panther (use the statistics for a dire tiger), as if by a Polymorph subschool spell. This grants the wearer 30 temporary hit points. The effect can be dismissed as a standard action.
    In addition, the belt continually provides its wearer with resistance to fire 10. This bonus is lost (subsumed in the transformation) when the wearer polymorphs.

(Information on the Polymorph subschool can be found in Complete Mage (p. 91), Dragon Magic (p. 60), Drow of the Underdark (p. 59) and the Player's Handbook II (p. 95). )

8. - Top - End - #278
    Troll in the Playground

The Maggot Lair

Armed with artifacts from the master smith, still hot from the forge, the party finds its way back to Aranoch.

After getting instructions in Lut Gholein to the Far Oasis, the heroes spend significant time searching the sands for the lair of the monster said to have the Staff of Kings in its hoard.

The entrance, once found, is little more than a mound of sand, clearly a den of unthinking critters.
    What is worrisome is the width of the entrance. It is easily wide enough to ride a carriage through, a good indicator of the inhabitants' size.

Nothing to be done about that, the heroes loosen their weapons in their scabbards, and head into the tunnels.

The tunnels appear to have been constructed out of the sands themselves, molded together into rough sand-stone that crumbles with relative ease beneath the feet of those most heavily armored within the group.

The tunnels have led the group far beneath the surface when suddenly, they begin to rumble, as if by the approach of something big.

Spoiler
    Show
    You have one round!

You were headed from West to North-East.

Map up.
    Last edited by Ernir; 2014-04-01 at 05:47 PM.

9. - Top - End - #279

Lucius

Lucius mutters a quick spell to bolster his defenses as he looks around for the source of the noise.

Spoiler
    Show

Move: Spot check: (1d20+13)[15]
    Standard: Cast Shield.

Normally Lucius will re-cast Shield every 5 minutes (out of a 10-minute duration) so it will be perpetually up, but since I hadn't stated that previously, I'll cast it now.
    The Good Reverend

10. - Top - End - #280

Monk Agam

The simple man breaths deep, toned chest swelling while hands float up as if drawing the air in - and then the rest of him seems to swell too, expanding to take up a good two-thirds of the width of the tunnel as he settles into a combat pose.

Spoiler
    Show
    Swift: Paw of the Leopard, 7 pp.

Standard: Expansion, 3pp to extend the duration. K13-L14

pp: 52/62

Bubs the Commoner

Spoiler
    Show
    SonOfZeal, it is a great joy to see that your Kung-Fu remains undiminished in this, the twilight of an age. May the Great Wheel be kind to you, planeswalker.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Troll in the Playground

Ravenna

Ravenna follows the lead of one of the parties new allies and pulls a wand from her pack, tapping herself with it. She begins to grow much larger.

Spoiler
    Show
    Cast Enlarge Person from my wand. Caster Level is 2, so it lasts 20 rounds.

Move to M13-N14, at the ceiling (assuming being at the ceiling allows me to reach the ground with my weapon. If not this tunnel is too damn big I'll stop at the appropriate height. 25 ft I think.)
    I will NOT succumb to evil!
    ...Unless she's cute.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lymmrik

Lymmrik, too, begins to prepare. Producing a wand of her own, human flesh begins to toughen and breaks out into reptilian scales. Her now slitted eyes flash with alertness.

Spoiler
    Show
    Cast Alter Self; refresh Blurstrike, Cunning Knowledge, Opportunistic Piety and Anklets of Translocation; recast spells; and stance is Pearl of Black Doubt.
    Mermaid in the Playground by the talented Savannah

13. - Top - End - #283
    Troll in the Playground

The Maggot Lair

The source of the rumbling is revealed in an explosion of sandstone, as the wall next to you is ripped apart by what looks like mandibles, each as long as a man. Before anyone can react, one of the mandibles hooks on to Cath's clothing, and the warlock is forcibly pulled into the hole in the wall!
    The hole closes almost immediately, crumbling stone sealing it shut and dousing all hope of quickly pulling Cath back.

But there are more immediate concerns anyway.

Two enormous insects come crawling out of the tunnel floor. They have the same black mandibles as snatched Cath, and the rest of the creatures is equally charming - armored, orange plates slide over a slime-slick torso, and the pairs of legs underneath are complete with sharp claws.

They also smell strongly of rotten flesh.

Spoiler
    Show
    The tunnel is as high as it is wide, by the way.

Your turn!

Map updated.

14. - Top - End - #284

Monk Agam

Bounding backward through his allies, Agam seems about to charge straight into the monstrosity's jaws before, with a subtle shifting of weight and positioning, transitioning instead into a devastating spinning strike intending to drive the strange little farming tool in his hand straight into the side of the vermin's head.

Spoiler
    Show
    Charge attack, moving to G18/H17.

Boots of Tiger's Leap double UAS on a charge, and I've got three effective size catagories over what's written on the sheet because of last round's prebuffs, so....

Attack: (1d20+26)[43]
    Damage: (8d8+15)[44] x2, + (1d6)[2] dessication damage.

Bubs the Commoner

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #285
    Troll in the Playground

The Maggot Lair

Agam's Kama, swung with the momentum of a pouncing dragon, penetrates the maggot's head as if it were paper, the entire length weapon's blade coming back green with the monster's ichor.

Unfortunately, the creature doesn't seem to have been using its head too much. It screeches, but does not seem to be anywhere close to dying.

Spoiler
    Show
    Maggot 1: Barely Injured
    Maggot 2: Uninjured

Yet to act in round 1: Lucius, Lymmrik, Ravenna.

Map updated.
    Last edited by Ernir; 2014-04-07 at 10:49 AM.

16. - Top - End - #286

Lucius

Watching Agam slice into its head with blade, Lucius begins casting a spell as he sees that Agam's wound doesn't faze the worm much.
    "MMMMmmmm yeah.. just like a crawdad, Agam! Cut its head off and then throw it on tha bahbacue.."

Spoiler
    Show

Standard: cast Flame Strike on Maggot1, centered at D18. (12d6)[51] damage, DC22 Reflex for half, deals 50% fire damage and 50% divine damage.
    5' step to I15.

Current HP: 153
    Current AC: 36 (+ light fortification)
    Last edited by peterpaulrubens; 2014-04-07 at 02:06 PM.
    The Good Reverend

17. - Top - End - #287
    Troll in the Playground

The Maggot Lair

Although the maneuver causes the maggot to slosh copious amounts of slime from its existing wound, the monster moves with amazing speed for its size, and manages to place the thickest part of its plating to block the brunt of the flame strike. It is left with only a few insignificant scorch marks.

Spoiler
    Show
    The flame strike did not appear to do any damage.

Maggot 1: Injured (Agam's full damage now factored in)
    Maggot 2: Uninjured

Yet to act in round 1: Lymmrik, Ravenna.

Map updated
    Last edited by Ernir; 2014-04-07 at 03:36 PM.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Troll in the Playground

Ravenna

Ravenna tried her best to recall any knowledge of these large creatures she may have learned.

Still hovering near the ceiling of the tunnel swings her heavy chain downward in an attempt to crush the large insect before her.

Spoiler
    Show
    Free: Knowledge Devotion: Nature - (1d20+8)[10] (+1 if they're Magical Beasts somehow)
    Standard: Elder Mountain Hammer - (1d20+17)[21] (+ 1, Knowledge Devotion) vs Maggot 2
    Damage - (2d6+14)[23]+(6d6)[26]+ 1, Knowledge Devotion

If hit, DC 17 Will save vs Paralysis.

If hit for 10+ damage, Trip Attempt - (1d20+13)[16].

If Trip successful, Attack - (1d20+17)[24]
    Damage - (2d6+14)[17]+ 1, Knowledge Devotion

Maneuver Gained Next Round - (1d2)[1]
    Last edited by Koury; 2014-04-08 at 01:20 AM.
    ...Unless she's cute.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lymmrik

Seeing the newest members of the party target the farthest of the two fly spawn, she singsong-ily cries out, "What say we make a wager on who can take down their buggy the fastest? I bet Venna and me make fast work out of this here larva long afore you're done!" With challenge in the air, Lymmrik takes a moment to study her fetid foe, zeroing in on the slime slick abdomen, the source of its life force. Her course clear, she prepares her blade.

Spoiler
    Show
    First things first, Knowledge Devotion!
    Knowledge Devotion - (1d20+13)[24]

Standard: move to M12; since foe has yet to act, we can assume the insect is flatfooted, no?

Attack 1 - (1d20+19)[37]+2 this is accounting for a use of an inspiration point
    Iaijutsu - (1d20+17)[28]
    Damage - (1d4+6)[8]+2 *IP used
    Iaijutsu Damage - (6d6)[6][3][3][6][5][3](26)First four count for a total of 18.
    Last edited by SHeRUBI; 2014-04-08 at 12:10 PM.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Troll in the Playground

Ravenna

"Lymmrik, this is a battle, not a game. This is no place for wagers. Focus yourself, and kill this creature!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Swift: White Raven Tactics on Lymmrik
    ...Unless she's cute.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lymmrik

"Spoilsport."

Spoiler
    Show
    Full attack!!!
    Attack 1 - (1d20+16)[30]
    Iaijutsu - (1d20+17)[28]
    Damage - (1d4+3)[4]
    Iaijutsu Damage - (6d6)[4][4][2][5][3][1](19) First four count, totaling 15.

Attack 2 - (1d20+16)[22] *IP used
    Iaijutsu - (1d20+17)[18]
    Damage - (1d4+3)[6]
    Iaijutsu Damage - (6d6)[2][3][5][2][1][5](18) First two count (if a hit), totaling 5.

Attack 3 - (1d20+6)[8]
    Iaijutsu - (1d20+17)[21]
    Damage - (1d4+3)[5]
    Iaijutsu Damage - (6d6)[4][3][2][1][1][4](15)
    Last edited by SHeRUBI; 2014-04-08 at 02:24 AM.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Troll in the Playground

The Maggot Lair

Ravenna's chain fails to find any purchase on the monster's smooth scales, and the blow is mostly deflected down to the floor. Lymmrik's more precise blade has much more success, splattering the sands with green goo.

The maggot does seem pleased by that at all, and retaliates furiously against Lymmrik, bringing to bear both claws and mandibles.

The one whose head Agam punctured seems to have something different on what's left of its mind.
    Its hindquarters suddenly bulge with muscular activity. It stops snapping at Agam for a few moments, giving him an opening, but once the creature is done, he sees that it has deposited some kind of bag of slime behind it.

He can also see that inside the bag of slime something is furiously clawing to get out.

Spoiler
    Show
    Maggot 1 provokes an AoO from Agam, and lays an egg.

Maggot 2 attacks Lymmrik:
    Claw: (1d20+27)[37] for (1d8+7)[10]
    Claw: (1d20+27)[46] for (1d8+7)[11]
    Bite: (1d20+25)[45] for (2d6+3)[10]. If it hits, must make a DC 28 Fort save or take (1d8)[7] Dexterity damage. Also, a grapple check opposed by (1d20+37)[41] or be grappled.

Enemy status:
    Maggot 1: Injured
    Maggot 2: Barely injured
    Maggot egg: Uninjured

Yet to act in round 2: Everyone

Map updated

23. - Top - End - #293

Lucius

Seeing the new arrival in the egg sac, Lucius casts a spell to catch both momma and baby.

Spoiler
    Show

Standard: cast Haboob centered at C19. (5d4)[14] damage, DC19 Reflex save for half
    The Good Reverend

24. - Top - End - #294

Monk Agam

This beast was durable! But such vermin had to be culled. The masters at the Temple of Earth and Heaven taught that life was sacred, but also that the cycle of death and rebirth was essential. One thing must die that another might live, and as life is defined by change, attempting to preserve the status quo and save every life are inherently futile. Still, some things are easier to kill than others...

Spoiler
    Show
    AOO: attack (1d20+24)[30], damage [roll]3d8+1d6+15[/roll], using one Stunning Fist attempt (Will DC 26)

Flurry 1: attack (1d20+23)[27], damage [roll]3d8+1d6+15[/roll]
    Flurry 2: attack (1d20+23)[42], damage [roll]3d8+1d6+15[/roll]
    Flurry 3: attack (1d20+18)[33], damage [roll]3d8+1d6+15[/roll]
    Flurry 4: attack (1d20+13)[21], damage [roll]3d8+1d6+15[/roll]

Bubs the Commoner

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #295

Rolls + corrections

Spoiler
    Show
    AOO: attack (1d20+24)[30], damage [roll]3d8+1d6+15[/roll], using one Stunning Fist attempt (Will DC 26)

Flurry 1: attack (1d20+23)[27], damage (3d8+15)[33] + (1d6)[1] dessication
    Flurry 2: attack (1d20+23)[42], damage(3d8+15)[34] + (1d6)[2] dessication
    Flurry 3: attack (1d20+18)[33] (1d20+23)[38], damage (3d8+15)[27] + (1d6)[5] dessication
    Flurry 4: attack (1d20+13)[21] (1d20+18)[26], damage (3d8+15)[29] + (1d6)[3] dessication
    Last edited by sonofzeal; 2014-04-09 at 11:13 PM.

Bubs the Commoner

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #296
    Troll in the Playground

The Maggot Lair

Lucius' swirl of abrading sands has little effect on the adult maggot, its carapace more than up to the task of protecting it. Its egg, however, has no such luxuries, and the sands immediately start tearing chunks from its soft membrane.

Meanwhile, Agam takes full advantage of the monster's lapse in defense. In the span of moments, he punctures it in half a dozen places, leaving it nearly helpless and empty of vital fluids.

Spoiler
    Show
    Enemy status:
    Maggot 1: Near death, stunned
    Maggot 2: Barely injured
    Maggot egg: Injured

Yet to act in round 2: Lymmrik, Ravenna

Map updated
    Last edited by Ernir; 2014-04-10 at 05:42 AM.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lymmrik

Finding herself once again struggling against an opponent's grapple, factotum chides herself.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lymmrik

With her foe momentarily distracted by the vindicator's efforts, Lymmrik makes use of her trusty anklets, launching herself out of immediate harm's way and into flanking range.

Spoiler
    Show
    Swift: use of anklets
    Move: end at M9 (tumbling to this point if necessary)

Insightful Strike, I choose you!
    Attack - (1d20+23)[26] *IP used and flanking bonus accounted for
    Concentration - (1d20+22)[35]
    Last edited by SHeRUBI; 2014-04-10 at 01:02 PM.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Troll in the Playground

Ravenna

The clerics divine power surges visibly from her body, lending her next attack otherworldly force.

Spoiler
    Show
    Divine Surge - (1d20+18)[38]
    Damage - (2d6+15)[24]+(8d8)[38]

If hit for 10+ damage, Trip Attempt - (1d20+8)[9].

If Trip successful, Attack - (1d20+18)[33]
    Damage - (2d6+15)[25]

...Unless she's cute.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Troll in the Playground

The Maggot Lair

Lymmrik manages to slip away from the monster, moments before being crushed, and gives it a precise cut to remember her by in the process.
    The maggot, in another unexpected display of agility, turns around on the spot to chase her, which finally allows Ravenna to strike at its less protected backside. This time, the chain rips one of the creature's plates off, and Ravenna is rewarded with a horrible screech.

The other maggot is too weak to move, but its offspring aren't. The egg sac bursts, spraying goo all over the tunnel, and revealing three smaller, but still monstrously large, young maggots.
    Their claws only look sharper, if anything.

Spoiler
    Show
    Enemy status:
    Maggot 1: Near death, stunned
    Maggot 2: Badly injured
    Last edited by Ernir; 2014-04-11 at 08:38 AM.