New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] OoC 39: OoCside

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Um, you did, during Isaac the ant's scene?
    And really, you need to stop interpreting these as hate. They're not, they're questioning your understanding of the rules. Hating would be "Ermagerd you made a 40K character? You should feel ashamed!"
    1) I never said that the lab Isaac-the-ant visited was the main lab. It's the public lab. He doesn't keep his best stuff there.

2) I was talking more about future posts when I said hate. I've had arguments like this before, and they've escalated to the point where I've received PMs that contain about 99% insults and hate, and posts that contain a lot of hate. I don't want that to happen again.

3) It would be a really good idea for us to just forget about this. We're not helping anybody, and we're just antagonizing each other and we're going to end up in a full-on flame war if we keep going.

Trust me, it's happened to me before.

Twice.
    Doctor Harald avatar by MethosH

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #212
    Orc in the Playground

I don't think the conversation would be half as hostile if you didn't keep talking about hate, GDM. Though this is the first time I've heard of any hateful insulting PMs.

On this note, though, I feel it is important to tell you that, upon Irregular review, Teddy is not going to be accepted as part of the robot crew on account of his mental breakdown from before. They are a militaristic organization, and someone who gets like that around that kind of thing isn't someone they want to hire, even as a special-associate like they did with Red.

This is purely for that IC reason and is not a grudge against you. It just wouldn't make sense for them to knowingly take someone like that. I felt it might be an issue, so I decided to warn you beforehand.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

3. - Top - End - #213
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcomet View Post
    I don't think the conversation would be half as hostile if you didn't keep talking about hate, GDM. Though this is the first time I've heard of any hateful insulting PMs.

On this note, though, I feel it is important to tell you that, upon Irregular review, Teddy is not going to be accepted as part of the robot crew on account of his mental breakdown from before. They are a militaristic organization, and someone who gets like that around that kind of thing isn't someone they want to hire, even as a special-associate like they did with Red.

This is purely for that IC reason and is not a grudge against you. It just wouldn't make sense for them to knowingly take someone like that. I felt it might be an issue, so I decided to warn you beforehand.
    Fair enough. Teddy wasn't planning on working with them anyway; he's had bad experiences with the military. I'm going to be using him in another scene later anyway, so no worries.

As for me being the one making it hostile, I apologise. It isn't intentional, and I suppose I'm just a bit defensive because I've had a couple of bad experiences with people being really nasty, making insulting posts and sending frankly horrible PMs.

That apology goes for anyone who's been involved in this argument.
    Doctor Harald avatar by MethosH

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #214
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    What kind of door is on the deathtrap room in MagCave?
    I can't say and I wouldn't count on anybody who can logging on before the deadline. I do know that they're apparently neither airtight nor contaminet proofs, as there are apparently robots setting up pressure seals on the other side now.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Sensible.

Hmmmmm. There's a thought, on something of a tangent. Will NO be offering licenses to groups as a whole, subject to revocation based on future behavior?
    There's nothing stopping whole groups, whether they're adventuring parties, mercenary companies, security contractors or anything else, from purchasing the license under the same rules as individuals, no.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GrandDM View Post
    I've had a couple of bad experiences with people being really nasty, making insulting posts and sending frankly horrible PMs.
    That sounds awful. Tempers can sometimes get heated here in the OOC, but flaming and trolling are against the forum rules. If anyone sends you nasty PMs, then by all means, forward it to one of the mods. I haven't seen any public posts that I would consider abusive rather than heated, but if you feel they've gotten abusive, then that's what the little warning triangle on the left of the post is for - to report it to the mods so they can intervene if things go too far.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, my. GDM, you described it as sprawling. This guy must have the fastest, most quiet excavation crew ever!

But that's not the point. The point is you missed Rein's post in the DFI. A certain scientist's tendencies of paying late are being addressed.

The point is also to *poke Orchestra to Home.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2013-07-27 at 07:32 AM.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

I need opinions about my planned change to NO's description in the OP of this thread:

"The organization with the highest stake in contract work, be it mercenary, adventuring or anything else. NO both hires itself out and exercises control over a large part of the freelancers by handing out licenses."

How does it look?
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    I can't say and I wouldn't count on anybody who can logging on before the deadline. I do know that they're apparently neither airtight nor contaminet proofs, as there are apparently robots setting up pressure seals on the other side now.
    It is mildly important, though. Sort of need to know things like how well anchored they are and the general weight-category we're talking before trying to have the psychics telekinetically blow them out.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Troll in the Playground

Why not just say how much power they are using when they attempt to blow them out, and let Magtok or Teru say whether that's enough? After all, there's no way for the psychics to IC already have any information about the doors.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2013-07-27 at 11:08 AM.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Why not just say how much power they are using when they attempt to blow them out, and let Magtok or Teru say whether that's enough? After all, there's no way for the psychics to IC already have any information about the doors.
    Because if it would obviously be ineffective, then they'd do something that would make more sense? It's... Not exactly hard to look at the doors, see 'welp, they're made of solid steel and look to be set into the walls pretty well, not knocking down those in a hurry' and do something else.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2013-07-27 at 11:15 AM.

12. - Top - End - #222

Er... Well, I already got a post written up for the psychics, due it being an hour to deadline and you being offline last I checked.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Barbarian in the Playground

They're not bank vault doors, but at the same time, they're not made of bamboo, either. Probably magnetically locked into place, designed to keep people from breaking into the cloning room, since Magtok wasn't expecting giant ghost worms. I have no idea how much force we're talking about here, either, so *shrugs*.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

Perhaps four hundred pounds, given that two of the psychics are working together to produce it.

15. - Top - End - #225

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    I need opinions about my planned change to NO's description in the OP of this thread:

"The organization with the highest stake in contract work, be it mercenary, adventuring or anything else. NO both hires itself out and exercises control over a large part of the freelancers by handing out licenses."

How does it look?
    I think it looks fine. It's clear and straight-to-the-point, which is good.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

16. - Top - End - #226

*cough* Important question above *cough*

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

If Magtok doesn't post in time for me to get a post done (likely, at this point, barring an extension, which I doubt), go ahead, as I said last night.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Troll in the Playground

Magtok told you what the doors look like. It's up to your psychics to decide whether they should attempt the action.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

Kiddy RP: So, what do I do? Just have my character show up at the gates to the GLoG, and proceed from there?

Also, Third, your post in Inside.

Also also, I have made a character sheet for Erin. http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...5#post15700425
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2013-07-27 at 11:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Kiddy RP: So, what do I do? Just have my character show up at the gates to the GLoG, and proceed from there?

Also, Third, your post in Inside.

Also also, I have made a character sheet for Erin. http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...5#post15700425
    Sure, just have her show up. Carth will be there sunning himself or something. Cats do that, right?

V Earl, did you finish it on Thursday, because that's when I finished it. It would be pretty funny.
    And yes, I had non-HD games due to my lousy school TV for a while until I got a nice little HD screen for Christmas. Then I forgot to hit the HD switch on the cable for two months...
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2013-07-27 at 11:56 AM.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Orc in the Playground

Oh look I'm back. Hopefully everybody still remembers their favourite feudal lord. Bow, vassals.

Or don't, I care not.

Anyway, sorry I wasn't here. I kept on getting distracted by a HDMI cable which means I'm now playing Fallout: New Vegas in full HD rather than PAL-60, which was rubbish. Also, I was reading A Memory of Light, and it's a fantastic book. I've finished it now, so hopefully that's less to distract me.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Magtok told you what the doors look like. It's up to your psychics to decide whether they should attempt the action.
    Derp. I feel silly now. Please feel free to smack me.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Orc in the Playground

@LDK: I started it on Thursday; I finished it earlier.

Am I sad because whenever Androl did something epic (often) I thought 'he thinks with portals'?

24. - Top - End - #234
    Barbarian in the Playground

As an added note, the positive pressure seals are there to keep contaminated things from leaking out. Standard operation for dangerous contagion research.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    @LDK: I started it on Thursday; I finished it earlier.

Am I sad because whenever Androl did something epic (often) I thought 'he thinks with portals'?
    Jeez, one day? I've been reading it on the train for a week. I guess that would be the same amount of time if added up.
    Nah, I did make that joke, but only once.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That last thing with the cannons was hysterical though. I REALLY wish it had killed Moghedien though. Androl and the Band not getting to actually kill a Forsaken and Rhuarc's totally half-assed death were the only things that bothered me.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Orc in the Playground

Three days, actually, most of the time I was awake not counting from 5:30 till 9:30 in the morning, when I'm at work (although today I work till 10).
    Spoiler
    Show
    The link of dragons and gateways was brilliant. I actually guessed that Aludra had invented cannons way back when she asked after bellfounders; in the game Medieval: Total War (not 2; I don't have that one) the first cannons require a bell foundry. I don't mind that he didn't kill a Forsaken; there weren't many left, and other characters had prior dibs. I hoped Graendal would die before her mind-slaves did, and Rhuarc did deserve a more epic death than the one he got.

But I think Gaul is still in Tel'aran'rhiod.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Three days, actually, most of the time I was awake not counting from 5:30 till 9:30 in the morning, when I'm at work (although today I work till 10).
    Spoiler
    Show
    The link of dragons and gateways was brilliant. I actually guessed that Aludra had invented cannons way back when she asked after bellfounders; in the game Medieval: Total War (not 2; I don't have that one) the first cannons require a bell foundry. I don't mind that he didn't kill a Forsaken; there weren't many left, and other characters had prior dibs. I hoped Graendal would die before her mind-slaves did, and Rhuarc did deserve a more epic death than the one he got.

But I think Gaul is still in Tel'aran'rhiod.
    Eh, I meant more like "did major damage to a named character" rather than just "own the faces of a bunch of mooks." It didn't have to be someone that important.
    Spoiler
    Show
    And no, on page 881 Perrin drops him off at the Two Rivers camp

28. - Top - End - #238

Quote Originally Posted by Terumitsu View Post
    As an added note, the positive pressure seals are there to keep contaminated things from leaking out. Standard operation for dangerous contagion research.
    Unfortunately, the really dangerous bioweapons in there can walk and kick down doors.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Orc in the Playground

Deadtime; Mum's dishing supper. Hope to be back tonight.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

Question, how do days work in this game? Does it all take place on the same day, or does the day tick over periodically? Or do we just completely ignore the passage of time?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show