Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 58
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Party God's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2013

    Default [PTA] Nostalgia Quest IC

    The sun rose over the horizon like a young man ascending the peak of a great mountain. Its rays left a fingerprint of golden glory on everything they touched. The forecast had called for rain, but that prophesy was dwarfed by the portents of four children coming of age on the same day. Today may have been the four-thousand seven-hundred and forty-fifth you'd lived, but it felt like the first. It is your thirteenth birthday, and that means that today you may go to the lab and receive your first Pokémon!

    [Please describe your actions as you travel to the lab.]
    There's gonna be two hits bro! Me hitting you, and the second instance of me hitting you.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PTA] Nostalgia Quest IC

    A tall young man ran out the front door to his house in Oldale Town. Coming to a brief stop in front of it he stretched his arms out towards the sky before placing them on his hips. "All right then, today's the day. I've got my pack and I believe that a trainer Kit is handed out with a trainer's starter. *sigh* To bad everyone's gone to work already. Oh well, I can just say high on my way back through. Still I hope find some people willing to travel together. Gonna be one heck of a lonely journey if not."

    Rubbing his chin in thought Antonio had realized that he had his head in the clouds again. "Gah! What am I doing?! I gotta get to the lab or else I won't have a starter to recieve!" With that Antonio got moving to the nearby town of Littleroot. Everything starts here.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2013

    Default Re: [PTA] Nostalgia Quest IC

    Kori ran out the door shouting goodbye to her mother to a reply of "wait right there young woman, those are the same cloths you ran off in yesterday. Are you going to show up like that at the Professor's?"

    As Kori walked back in she said Yep, he'll know i'm not afraid to have a real adventure and do what it takes. If I wear one of the girly dresses you got me he might think i'm too girly. She grabbed her practically empty backpack off the floor that she had forgotten moments ago and yelled Bye, love you mom, and ran off for good to the professors lab.
    Last edited by balian arcanine; 2013-07-20 at 10:33 PM.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Thug's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013

    Default Re: [PTA] Nostalgia Quest IC

    Today was the day!

    Toby could hardly stay still. Despite hardly getting any sleep the previous night, the excited Ace Trainer was full of energy. Birthdays were usually small affairs for his family; a gift, a small cake and well-wishes were the usual routine, with no big parties planned. However, today was special for another reason. Today was the day that Toby would finally start his own journey into adulthood as a real Pokemon Trainer!

    Hardly pausing for breakfast, the energetic young man gave his parents a quick hug and a promise to return before he left on his journey before leaving his home and heading towards the Professor's lab. As Toby felt the sun beaming down and heard the soft calls of Taillow in the distance, he couldn't help but grin. "Today's going to be great!"

    Toby's mind wandered as he jogged through the small town of Littleroot on his way to the lab; the thought of meeting new pokemon, making new friends and seeing new places just about filled him with excitement. "ALRIGHTY THEN!" he yelled, startling several nearby Taillow into indignant flight. A bit chagrined, the energetic boy continued on towards the lab and his future.
    Let each man exercise the art he knows. - Aristophanes, Wasps, 422 B.C.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Hoenn

    Default Re: [PTA] Nostalgia Quest IC

    Little Alex nearly lived at the lab. She even had a little room that she had, up until now, called hers. It was nothing special, just a small bed with a small TV and a minor library of books. Most of the tomes in question were nothing more than published works of the professor, but a few of them were some of her personal affects and choices. Like countless girls her age and younger, and those older had done before her, Alexandria found herself preparing for the official moment she could recieve the title of trainer and head out on her own.

    In preparation for recieving her first Pokemon, Alex was kicked out of the lab practically immediately after breakfast. "I wonder what's taking him...." after having exhausted most of her entertainment options in feeding the tailow and occasional swellow, playing hide-and-seek with the more playful and friendlier zigzagoon the young gal now found herself bored while she sat against the side of the building, her swablu blue colored sundress drawn tight against her curled legs.
    Last edited by Alchemyst; 2013-07-20 at 10:20 PM.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Party God's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2013

    Default Re: [PTA] Nostalgia Quest IC

    The travelers manage to reach their destination at about the same time. Your collective enthusiasm is infectious, and the denizens of Littleroot Town can't help but crack a smile at the exuberant youths jolting past them.

    As Antonio, Kori, and Toby approach the entrance, they hear a low rumbling sound coming from inside the lab. Suddenly, two people riding motorcycles bust through the threshold, not bothering to wait for the glass doors to slide open automatically. They nearly trample you over as they motor past, hooting and hollering victoriously.

    You scarcely have time to react when an explosion erupts from the lab. The group of three are knocked over by the shockwave. Alexandria takes (4d6)[12] damage as the brick wall at her back reverberates, sending her sprawling forward.

    [Roll for perception, please. The group of three will have a -2 modifier. Alexandria will have -3.]
    There's gonna be two hits bro! Me hitting you, and the second instance of me hitting you.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Thug's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013

    Default Re: [PTA] Nostalgia Quest IC

    Toby's previous good mood was shaken as the raucous laughter of the bikers and thunderous roar of their motorcycles tore through the previously quiet morning; his mood also took a severe blow when the oblivious bikers nearly ran him down in their haste to leave behind the Lab they'd recently broken out of.

    "Hey, watch where you're going, idio-" As he turned to yell at the rude bikers, Toby's good mood was thoroughly shattered as an explosion rocked the building at his back. Turning back towards the Lab, Toby's pulse quickened, though a corner of his mind hadn't yet registered what had just happened. Speaking to nobody in particular, the previously jolly youngster stared at the building, eyes wide as saucers. "Wh-what was that? What happened at the Lab?!"

    Perception
    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception - (1d20-5)[9]
    Let each man exercise the art he knows. - Aristophanes, Wasps, 422 B.C.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2013

    Default Re: [PTA] Nostalgia Quest IC

    As the bikers rid past Kori turns towards them, her fist raised, yelling Watch it you big headed...

    When the blast occurs she slowly sits up and turns her head back towards the lab, eyes wide in confusion.

    Perception:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20)[9]
    Last edited by balian arcanine; 2013-07-21 at 02:06 AM.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PTA] Nostalgia Quest IC

    Antonio stumbles as the bikers zoom past him. "Hey, could you watch where your go-" Then the explosion happens that knocks him and the two other trainers that had started traveling down the same road as him down on their backs. Antonio weakly stands up as he says, "Wha-What happened?

    Spying the young girl near the rubble Antonio's eyes widen as he runs over to help her up. "Hey! you okay?!" he proceeded to gently help her to her feet.

    Perception
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20-6)[-2]

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Hoenn

    Default Re: [PTA] Nostalgia Quest IC

    A few scrapes and bruises now marred the lass's sun kissed skin, and her ebony hair now a complete mess. Nothing too terribly dangerous for her, but Alexandria knew she'd be feeling it in the morning. "But of course! I'm made of tougher stuff!" Replied with a nod of her head and a beat upon her chest. "ow..." Not her brightest of ideas all morning long.

    "But what of the Professor?" Her brown eyes turned sharply to the institute, with the girl's attention and worry visibly turning towards the chaos.

    Spoiler
    Show
    40/52 HP

    Dem rolls. Ouch. Can I do better?
    (1d20)[5]
    Lolno
    Last edited by Alchemyst; 2013-07-21 at 09:11 PM.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Party God's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2013

    Default Re: [PTA] Nostalgia Quest IC

    Despite the ringing in their ears, Toby and Kori hear moans coming from inside the lab. Someone must still be alive in there! But will they brave the roaring flames to investigate further, or wait for the authorities to arrive?

    Antonio is too distracted by the injured Alexandria to hear the cries. In turn, she is too distracted by her injuries to be immediately alerted. However, she does know that there were three people inside the lab: the Professor and two of his aides.
    There's gonna be two hits bro! Me hitting you, and the second instance of me hitting you.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2013

    Default Re: [PTA] Nostalgia Quest IC

    As soon as she realizes what the moans mean, Kori rushes towards the burning building; to independent to ask for help, and to confident to think she could get hurt. Once there, she starts throwing obstacles out of the way to get inside (strength 15). All the while yelling Keep yelling i'm coming! She isn't obsessively loud, but it also doesn't hit her that she can't hear them if she is yelling herself.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Party God's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2013

    Default Re: [PTA] Nostalgia Quest IC

    The heat emanating from the burning building is nearly overwhelming. You manage to clear a path into the lab, but you will have to endure burns if you enter.
    There's gonna be two hits bro! Me hitting you, and the second instance of me hitting you.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2013

    Default Re: [PTA] Nostalgia Quest IC

    Having never been burned in her life before, Kori knows that fire burns, but isn't aware of the intensity. She rushes to the nearest voice, contemplating what to do and yelling What do you want me to do? She wants to help, and 'believes' she can help but doesn't know what to do. The heat makes her squint and curl her arms up near her body.
    Last edited by balian arcanine; 2013-07-21 at 11:13 PM.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PTA] Nostalgia Quest IC

    Able to put two and two together thanks to Alexandra's words and Kori's actions Antonio nods to himself and runs forward after the tanned girl, steeling his will. Catching up to Kori Antonio feels the heat of the flames as well and flinches for a moment.

    "We've gotta help them or they'll die in there! So time to nut up or shut up, nothin' to it but to do it!" With that riviting little piece Antonio rushes in to try to find survivors as best he can, the intense heat, making him feel like ice-type with the burn status.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Thug's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013

    Default Re: [PTA] Nostalgia Quest IC

    Momentarily shocked by the gouts of flame spurting out of the burning Lab, Toby was shaken out of his indecisiveness as he saw another boy and girl run to help others who might be injured. As one boy moved to help a girl who stumbled out of the building, Toby took off after the girl who ran pellmell into the flaming doorway of the Lab to help those injured inside.

    As he entered the gutted building, the searing heat and smoke threatened to overcome him; raising a sleeve to his mouth, the young man tried to squint through the licking tongues of fire as the smoke brought tears to his eyes. In a matter of seconds, Toby found the girl he had followed, her eyes equally squinted as she held her arms close to her body.

    In desperation, Toby raised his voice to try to make himself heard over the roaring flames as he talked to the girl. "Is ther-". Speaking brought forth a fit of coughing from the smoke. "Is there anybody else in there?"
    Last edited by Thug; 2013-07-21 at 11:30 PM.
    Let each man exercise the art he knows. - Aristophanes, Wasps, 422 B.C.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Hoenn

    Default Re: [PTA] Nostalgia Quest IC

    While the other three went off in search of others, Alexandria took a moment to ponder her options. The primary ways she knew could solve this would either take too long, or simply listed under the 'too stupid' category. But the building was in flames, and time was simply not on her side. Thus, like the rest of them, she dove head first into the 'too stupid' category and limp-dashed into the building.

    She wasn't looking for anyone, her goal were the Pokeballs Birch kept in storage. From her countless trips here during normal operating hours, it shouldn't have taken long to get there--but with the chaos, she took her time. And while she wasn't actively on the search for anyone in particular, should she have found an injured worker she'd stop, reassure them that she'd be right back to help--there would have been no way that she could assist in bringing them out and into safety--shout out for her companion's to come, and continue on her way to where she knew some of the balls were stored.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Stopping here just in case of incident.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Party God's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2013

    Default Re: [PTA] Nostalgia Quest IC

    At the far end of the lab, a stocky man has propped himself on one elbow with enough force to push down on the world. A beam has fallen on his leg, searing his khaki cargo pants. With his other arm, he scrabbles in vain to reach a leather messenger bag. He looks up in horror when the three youths enter. "What are you crazy kids doing in here?! Get out before this whole thing collapses on your heads!"

    Alex, you head towards the right side of the lab, where the Pokéball storage shelves are located. You see one of the professor's aides sprawled out on his stomach, the metal shelf draped across his back. He appears to be unconscious.

    [Alex is now burned. Also, roll for Perception, Alchemyst. The negative modifier from the smoke is balanced by the positive modifier from your familiarity with the place.]
    Last edited by Party God; 2013-07-22 at 09:07 PM.
    There's gonna be two hits bro! Me hitting you, and the second instance of me hitting you.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Hoenn

    Default Re: [PTA] Nostalgia Quest IC

    Alex paused in her movements when she spotted an aide beneath some shelving. "Hey! I got someone here!" Whether her voice reached or not, the girl cared not. Tentatively she reached out to touch the shelf, testing for temperature. Were it cool enough to touch, she'd muster up all the strength she could to try and lift the thing up and off the person. Her goal was more to move it off of him than anything else.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Assuming you mean that I can roll for d20+Wis Mod, I shall do that!
    (1d20+3)[14]
    If not, just take out 3 from this roll.

    Also, because I tend to have luck when doing stupid stuff, a Str roll, too!
    (1d20-1)[9]
    Average rolls. This does not bode well ._.
    Last edited by Alchemyst; 2013-07-22 at 09:24 PM.

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2013

    Default Re: [PTA] Nostalgia Quest IC

    We are here to get you out. You guys, help me lift the beam Kori yells, stepping towards the man.

    Believing she can do everything she slings the bag over her shoulder and looks for an unlit portion of the beam to push. Upon the chance that she finds one, she bends down with her knees, gets a good grip, and lifts grunting all the while.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Str check
    [1d20+2[/roll]

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2013

    Default Re: [PTA] Nostalgia Quest IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    stupid roller
    (1d20+2)[22]

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Thug's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013

    Default Re: [PTA] Nostalgia Quest IC

    Out of the corner of his eye, Toby saw the girl he'd passed earlier... limping INTO the building? "Hey, what are you doing!? Be careful!" Seconds after that, he saw the other girl go into the building; indecisiveness gave way to resolve as he saw others heading into danger. Toby Brown was many things, but a coward was not one of them!

    Survival instincts temporarily overridden, Toby stifled an urge to cough as he dashed after the girls who had gone back into the burning building. Though the smoke stung his eyes and the heat seared his lungs, the young man pressed on, stumbling through the unfamiliar lab in search of the girl and others who might need assistance.

    "...ot someone here!"

    As he heard one of the girls call out, he hissed in pain; a tongue of flame had lashed out, singing his leg. Bearing the pain, Toby continued onward until he saw them both attempting to help trapped people. As one girl lifted a beam from a man in khaki pants, another girl was standing uncertainly near a man sprawled out beneath a metal shelf.

    Running over to the girl near the man under the shelf, Toby spoke to the girl. "We've got to-" a coughing fit overcame him momentarily. "We've got to get everybody out. This place won't last much longer!" Having said that, Toby took off his jacket to go over his gloves as an added safety measure and attempted help the girl move the metal shelf.

    Strength
    Spoiler
    Show
    Strength Check to Move Shelf - (1d20+3)[13]
    Last edited by Thug; 2013-07-22 at 09:59 PM.
    Let each man exercise the art he knows. - Aristophanes, Wasps, 422 B.C.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Party God's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2013

    Default Re: [PTA] Nostalgia Quest IC

    [You rolled correctly, Alchemyst.]

    Alex manages to espy a single crate of four Pokéballs, where there used to be stacked at least 20. Apparently left forgotten or unnoticed by whomever took the rest of them. Unfortunately, the crate is wedged underneath the storage shelf along with the aide. The hot metal shelf singes her fingertips and she is not rewarded for efforts - it barely moves an inch. She can try to push past the searing pain and lift the shelf with more force, but does she dare brand herself?

    [+2 modifier, but she will take 1d12+6 damage and a -1 modifier to future tests requiring use of her hands until she finds medical attention. Unless you have any other clever ideas...]

    Embers fly as Kori heroically hefts the beam off of birch, burning red victor's confetti falling on her shoulders. Miraculously, her hands aren't burned by the enflamed support rod.

    "H-how did you do that? I couldn't lift that thing to save my life, little girl. Quick, there are some Pokéballs in that bag - there should be some Pokémon in there that can help with the smoke and fire."


    The sounds of sirens start to filter in through the smashed windows, but they still sound a ways off.
    There's gonna be two hits bro! Me hitting you, and the second instance of me hitting you.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Party God's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2013

    Default Re: [PTA] Nostalgia Quest IC

    [Very smart, Thug.]

    Toby manages to move the shelf a little, freeing the trapped aide. The crate of Pokéballs, however, is still stuck.
    Last edited by Party God; 2013-07-22 at 10:08 PM.
    There's gonna be two hits bro! Me hitting you, and the second instance of me hitting you.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Party God's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2013

    Default Re: [PTA] Nostalgia Quest IC

    [You resist the fire damage from the shelf, taking one half of (1d12+6)[13].]
    There's gonna be two hits bro! Me hitting you, and the second instance of me hitting you.

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Thug's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013

    Default Re: [PTA] Nostalgia Quest IC

    Toby flexed his hands, biting back the pain. Turning towards the girl, he pointed at the injured aide. "Get him out of here! We don't have much time!"

    Gritting his teeth against the pain, Toby braced himself, covered his hands and once again tried to lift the shelf to free the trapped crate. Rescuing those trapped by the fire was not limited to the humans in the lab!

    Strength Check 2: Electric Boogaloo
    Spoiler
    Show
    Strength Check to Free the Crate - (1d20+3)[20]
    Let each man exercise the art he knows. - Aristophanes, Wasps, 422 B.C.

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2013

    Default Re: [PTA] Nostalgia Quest IC

    Following the man's advice to get out some of the pokemon, Kori reaches her hand towards the bag, then jumps sharply at the pain of the embers landing on her shoulders.

    Aii! she yelps, frantically flicking her hands all across her shoulders. Twisting and turning she attempts to reach everywhere she feels the needling heat.

    Spoiler
    Show
    dex roll for ability to get embers off
    (1d20)[17]


    Near the end of her dance, her scream destroys her as yet careful attention to the smoke and she leans her hands on her knees coughing furiously for (1d6)[2] seconds; during which the bag slides off her shoulder landing at her feet.

    Spoiler
    Show
    hopefully the bag is closed and the balls don't go rolling off into oblivion

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PTA] Nostalgia Quest IC

    Antonio manages to find his way over to Kori after stumbling through the smoke. Seeing her drop a bag in her coughing fit he goes over to pick it up for her. Covering his mouth and nose with one hand as he coughs he says, "Can you stand professor?"

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Party God's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2013

    Default Re: [PTA] Nostalgia Quest IC

    Toby successfully manages to shove the shelf off of the crate of Pokéballs. The side of the crate is labeled DOMESTICATED BIRDS.

    Birch extends a soot-covered hand to Kori. "Save the dancing for later, young lady! Here, help me up, I don't think I can walk on my own. You seem strong enough to support two grown men anyway!"

    He nods pointedly at Antonio. "Well come on, laddie, release the krakens! We haven't got all day!"

    The sirens get a little bit louder, but salvation still seems a ways off.
    Last edited by Party God; 2013-07-23 at 02:49 AM.
    There's gonna be two hits bro! Me hitting you, and the second instance of me hitting you.

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2013

    Default Re: [PTA] Nostalgia Quest IC

    No longer feeling the sharp pins of the embers, the Professor's outstretched hand quickly brings her back to the situation. She takes hold lifting him up, and walks him towards safety. Yes sir, just a little bit farther and you'll be safe. I've got you and the fire team is on the way she says reassuringly.

    Spoiler
    Show
    strength role for birch walking
    (1d20+2)[19]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •