New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: DoTA 2 One: Not to be confused with DoTA 1 Two

If the not-frightfully-serious people don't have a five person team arranged yet, you can add LoneStarNorth. I mostly play Saturdays but I'm sometimes available weekdays evenings as well.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LoneStarNorth View Post
    If the not-frightfully-serious people don't have a five person team arranged yet, you can add LoneStarNorth. I mostly play Saturdays but I'm sometimes available weekdays evenings as well.
    Added, in case you were wondering who HORSE is.

I have my reasons okay.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm horribly new to the game, but I wouldn't mind playing with people willing to put up with me learning it. I'm akigagak (account name) or Heartless Card Merchant (current display name) on Steam.

What I've played so far has been bot games, with a single solitary game that consisted of our probably-smurf midlane face crushing everything and me picking up a triple kill with a probably bugged lich ult. It bounced way more than 7 times, and I'd only just hit level 7 and wasn't even thinking of heading towards Scepter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deophaun View Post
    It doesn't so much as demean the celestial monkey's existence, so much as fulfill it. Without the ability to be summoned to set off traps, retrieve objects from dangerous situations, and all and all be a party's guinea pig, the Celestial Monkey would languish in obscurity in the MM and do nothing more legendary than eat celestial bananas.
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reynard View Post
    I'm horribly new to the game, but I wouldn't mind playing with people willing to put up with me learning it. I'm akigagak (account name) or Heartless Card Merchant (current display name) on Steam.

What I've played so far has been bot games, with a single solitary game that consisted of our probably-smurf midlane face crushing everything and me picking up a triple kill with a probably bugged lich ult. It bounced way more than 7 times, and I'd only just hit level 7 and wasn't even thinking of heading towards Scepter.

Probably buffed Lich ult. It bounces ten times now.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reynard View Post

We were all new once. I had been playing with friends a lot and only recently got up the courage to play single draft by myself. Turns out it's not that hard, and if you lose it really doesn't matter. And Lich ult is hilarious if the enemy team doesn't know what to do with it, and sticks together.
    Shapperdash, movie reviews amongst other things.
    Natural 1, a tale of critical failures
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Aquillion View Post
    If you're ever in a situation where you can't survive, go for the broke and fill all of creation with chickens. Just imagine the reaction of people halfway around the world when every square inch of space in their world is suddenly and completely full of chickens.
    Homebrew
    1st in Iron Chef XXXIV with a Warforged bard

6. - Top - End - #36
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

I am missing a couple of player cards, if you're interested (or want to do inhouses or something) add me.

Edit: Nevermind, got them all now.
    Last edited by Bayar; 2013-07-23 at 04:28 PM.
    **** Photobucket ; RIP avatars

7. - Top - End - #37
    Barbarian in the Playground

Today I had a rather interesting game. Mid Venomancer vs Bloodseeker. I won, got some easy kills and went for carry Venomancer.

An unusual build, but it worked!
    Illumian Dread Necromancer Lich avatar by Tinymushroom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodgruve View Post
    Really though, how effin scary would the beach be if an octopus could launch itself outta the water at a 200' move speed every 6 seconds. I'd never go to the beach again... I thought flying sharks were scary...

Blood~

8. - Top - End - #38

So I've discovered Lich is pretty good at the laning stage. Getting devour at level one means every creep wave has less experience and less gold, plus at level 2 you start getting good harass. Had some very fun games wit him, especially his ulti.
    Spoiler
    Show

If you're ever in a situation where you can't survive, go for the broke and fill all of creation with chickens. Just imagine the reaction of people halfway around the world when every square inch of space in their world is suddenly and completely full of chickens.
    Homebrew

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbledore lives View Post
    So I've discovered Lich is pretty good at the laning stage. Getting devour at level one means every creep wave has less experience and less gold, plus at level 2 you start getting good harass. Had some very fun games wit him, especially his ulti.
    Lich is, in my experience, pretty good at the everything stage.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Lich is, in my experience, pretty good at the everything stage.
    Lich will be utterly outclassed once the carries come into play.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Lich will be utterly outclassed once the carries come into play.
    Armour buff's still good, and Chain Frost will be Chain Frost. Though I guess BKB.

Point is, he's good.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

12. - Top - End - #42

Armour buff's still good, and Chain Frost will be Chain Frost. Though I guess BKB.

Point is, he's good.
    True enough, if it goes late enough he trails off, but so do most heroes. Also man Necrolyte is fun, you just don't die.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

True enough, if it goes late enough he trails off, but so do most heroes. Also man Necrolyte is fun, you just don't die.
    "Oh, you people actually run out of mana? That must be so sad."
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

14. - Top - End - #44

"Oh, you people actually run out of mana? That must be so sad."
    AXE HAS NO NEED OF PUNY MANA! AXE BRINGS THE AXE!

(interesting fact: Culling Blade will kill Abaddon through Borrowed Time, Reaper's Scythe will not)
    Really though, how effin scary would the beach be if an octopus could launch itself outta the water at a 200' move speed every 6 seconds. I'd never go to the beach again... I thought flying sharks were scary...

Blood~

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

That's because Reaper's Scythe does damage where Culling Blade kills the target. Working as intended I'd say.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GreenSerpent View Post
    AXE HAS NO NEED OF PUNY MANA! AXE BRINGS THE AXE!

(interesting fact: Culling Blade will kill Abaddon through Borrowed Time, Reaper's Scythe will not)
    More amusingly, Counter Helix works in a Chronosphere.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

17. - Top - End - #47

Also, Faceless Void is immune to all Chronospheres - even those created by Rubick via Spell Steal.

Blood~

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

Also, Faceless Void is immune to all Chronospheres - even those created by Rubick via Spell Steal.
    I hope he has a special taunt that plays when that situation arises.

Important question there, though: Is Rubick immune to the stolen Chronosphere?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deophaun View Post
    It doesn't so much as demean the celestial monkey's existence, so much as fulfill it. Without the ability to be summoned to set off traps, retrieve objects from dangerous situations, and all and all be a party's guinea pig, the Celestial Monkey would languish in obscurity in the MM and do nothing more legendary than eat celestial bananas.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #49

To the stolen Chrono I believe so, to a non-stolen Chrono no.

In other news, I'm on holiday, so responses my be slower.

Blood~

20. - Top - End - #50

Played a couple times in beta, and I'm giving it another go. I'm also being reminded of one of the things that made me drop it in beta...

Is there any punishment to those who leave a lot of games, like how LoL bans you? Because pretty much every game I've played has had at least one leaver, and I'm wondering if that'll get better. I understand the abandonment system means that I can leave the game, too. but I'd really like to actually play the game, rather than playing the first five or ten minutes over and over again until someone leaves.

21. - Top - End - #51

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Nadevoc View Post
    Played a couple times in beta, and I'm giving it another go. I'm also being reminded of one of the things that made me drop it in beta...

Is there any punishment to those who leave a lot of games, like how LoL bans you? Because pretty much every game I've played has had at least one leaver, and I'm wondering if that'll get better. I understand the abandonment system means that I can leave the game, too. but I'd really like to actually play the game, rather than playing the first five or ten minutes over and over again until someone leaves.
    If you're the first person to bail on a game, the matchmaking system marks you as low-priority for 24 hours, and you can only play with other low-priority players. However, five minutes after the first person leaves, you can bail without penalty. That way you're not forced to stay in an unfair matchup.
    Quote Originally Posted by Book of Erotic Fantasy
    Love Life of an Ooze: One ooze. Idiot hits ooze. Two oozes.
    If you use a blood-based McGuffin in a campaign with a vampire PC, plan for what will happen when said PC sticks it in his mouth.

22. - Top - End - #52

Quote Originally Posted by Teln View Post
    If you're the first person to bail on a game, the matchmaking system marks you as low-priority for 24 hours, and you can only play with other low-priority players. However, five minutes after the first person leaves, you can bail without penalty. That way you're not forced to stay in an unfair matchup.
    As I said, I know about the abandonment system. But if there's no long-term detriment to leaving, I feel like the number of leavers isn't going to go down. And I don't really like the idea of never being able to finish a freaking game. Yeah, I can leave, too, but I don't *want* to leave. I want to play the game.

23. - Top - End - #53

Kobold

As I said, I know about the abandonment system. But if there's no long-term detriment to leaving, I feel like the number of leavers isn't going to go down. And I don't really like the idea of never being able to finish a freaking game. Yeah, I can leave, too, but I don't *want* to leave. I want to play the game.
    The more you do it, the longer the low-priority period will be. If you do it while you already have low-priority then it will also be cumulative.

24. - Top - End - #54

I'm pretty sure that you can be banned eventually for leaving games. But I'm pretty sure you need to be REALLY bad for that.

Source: I've been in low priority a couple of times. It was not fun.

Blood~

25. - Top - End - #55

Kobold

I'm pretty sure that you can be banned eventually for leaving games. But I'm pretty sure you need to be REALLY bad for that.

Source: I've been in low priority a couple of times. It was not fun.
    Never heard of people getting banned from Dota 2, short of banning their steam account. Getting muted for 365 days ? Yes, but never banned.

26. - Top - End - #56

I think you're just getting bad luck. For me maybe one out of every five games I have someone leave. Admittedly that is still bad but getting four or five full games in a row is good enough for me.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #57

I think you're just getting bad luck. For me maybe one out of every five games I have someone leave. Admittedly that is still bad but getting four or five full games in a row is good enough for me.
    Ah, alright. So far I've had one game that finished with all ten players, so I was starting to get the impression that the culture was just, "Eh, abandonment system means it's okay to leave whenever."

28. - Top - End - #58

We should actually make a Giantitp guild. It'll help find games as well as serve as a resource for who all is playing. I'll start it if everyone gives me their steam names and thinks it's a good idea.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ettin in the Playground

Ah, alright. So far I've had one game that finished with all ten players, so I was starting to get the impression that the culture was just, "Eh, abandonment system means it's okay to leave whenever."
    You should have seen the Warcraft III DotA years. Leaving was to be expected in nine out of ten games.

30. - Top - End - #60

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    You should have seen the Warcraft III DotA years. Leaving was to be expected in nine out of ten games.
    I played during those years. Most games used banlists for leavers and the like. A single leave would land you on the banlist. I only experienced leavers maybe one game in fifty back then.