New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Banned

Default Re: DoTA 2 One: Not to be confused with DoTA 1 Two

I have to say, the community is really killing this game for me. I like the game itself, but it seems I can't go more than 2 matches in a row without at least one person rage quitting when the game isn't even close to over.

I may just be extra frustrated though because I'm fresh off a match as bounty hunter where a Weaver on my team fed a divine rapier and a gem of true sight to the enemy Riki...then raged at me all match for being ineffective.

I've met a few cool people, and can have fun with the game even when we're losing...but honestly I'm getting tired of socializing with the "community".
    Last edited by Anteros; 2013-10-01 at 11:44 PM.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    I have to say, the community is really killing this game for me. I like the game itself, but it seems I can't go more than 2 matches in a row without at least one person rage quitting when the game isn't even close to over.

I may just be extra frustrated though because I'm fresh off a match as bounty hunter where a Weaver on my team fed a divine rapier and a gem of true sight to the enemy Riki...then raged at me all match for being ineffective.

I've met a few cool people, and can have fun with the game even when we're losing...but honestly I'm getting tired of socializing with the "community".
    Music and muting, solves most of life's problems. If I'm not with friends I don't talk at all, and even then I only talk on teampspeak. I'll type in chat plans and sometimes people follow it and it works which is great, other times nothing happens but pings kind of make things happen. And yet other times everyone wanders around doing nothing. In the end there is enough good to balance out the bad.
    Shapperdash, movie reviews amongst other things.
    Natural 1, a tale of critical failures
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Aquillion View Post
    If you're ever in a situation where you can't survive, go for the broke and fill all of creation with chickens. Just imagine the reaction of people halfway around the world when every square inch of space in their world is suddenly and completely full of chickens.
    Homebrew
    1st in Iron Chef XXXIV with a Warforged bard

3. - Top - End - #243
    Barbarian in the Playground

Planetar

Yeah the community can be a real pain, I've had periods of completely going off the game due to people I met on line but always seem to bounce back.

The key is to either ignore them with muting or music as recommended above or always try to play with at least one or two friends. It doesn't need to be a full party just as long as you have a person or two you know wont feed then blame the team/wont get angry at unnecessary things/will play the game to have fun rather than to vent frustration on unfortunate Russians.

On the related note of Bounty Hunter I've started playing him again after the doomed attempt to get him off my most successful and started building him very differently to how I used to. Early game is the standard poor man's shield/wand/phase boots but after that core I buy Urn of Shadows, Medallion of Courage and a Desolater. The build suits a roaming ganker much better than the suggested battlefury, comes online a lot earlier and despite not having as much late game presence you can still easily nuke people down due to desolater and medallion armour reduction. Anyone run him in a similar vein to this?

4. - Top - End - #244
    Dwarf in the Playground

Battle Fury should honestly never be built on BH, I think the only reason they have that as a suggestion is that they suggest it on every hero with a crit.

Bounty Hunter's entire goal is to get level 6 as fast as possible, maybe get some phase boots, and go around ganking lanes for track kills, hopefully with phase boots. To that effect, you don't have lanes like Kotl Spectre Wisp, or any extremely passive lane with a BH, he needs to be getting strong in the midgame for him to have a lategame. If all goes well though, he can boost your teams income to astronomical levels.

5. - Top - End - #245

Another point is a Bounty Hunter without items will never be able to farm a Battle Fury in a reasonable time. BF is an amazing farming item, which is a bit contrary to the point of the hero which is to get involved with as many kills as possible, ganking especially. An early desolator and medallion gets you kills on any support who shows his face in the jungle, so long as they don't buy sentries. He's a pretty fun hero once you get the hang of him, though he's not really my kind of hero.

Honestly I find that I only really like supports or semi-carries who focus on teamfight. I guess I also like Razor who doesn't quite fit in either category, but he's kind of on his own in terms of category, an anti-carry more than anything else. I need to try the true racecar build with him sometime. Phase, Drums, Yasha, Eul's. Got to go fast!
    Spoiler
    Show

If you're ever in a situation where you can't survive, go for the broke and fill all of creation with chickens. Just imagine the reaction of people halfway around the world when every square inch of space in their world is suddenly and completely full of chickens.
    Homebrew

6. - Top - End - #246
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbledore lives View Post
    Music and muting, solves most of life's problems. If I'm not with friends I don't talk at all, and even then I only talk on teampspeak. I'll type in chat plans and sometimes people follow it and it works which is great, other times nothing happens but pings kind of make things happen. And yet other times everyone wanders around doing nothing. In the end there is enough good to balance out the bad.
    I think if I reach the point where I feel the need to mute the entire community I will just move on to a single player game.

As it is, I think I'm going to take a break.

As for bounty, I build him as a ganker as well. I don't really like him though. I feel like other gankers such as night stalker are much harder to counter. He's just too squishy for me.
    Last edited by Anteros; 2013-10-02 at 09:08 AM.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Dwarf in the Playground

The point of BH is not solely to gank, it's moreso to create a large gold disparity between the teams.

If they're buying sentries and dust, that's money they aren't spending on items. And BH can get more gold for his team via track. In teamfights, BH should be staying on the edges, tracking as many people as possible and sometimes moving in for a Jinada hit/Shuriken Toss, unless he gets really fed.

Bounty is not a carry, he's an enabler, he lets your carries get their big items faster, lets your mid get more from ganks, lets your supports buy actual items, but he cannot win a game by himself. There's a reason he's picked in the pro scene, though since he can be countered via detection, he isn't a top pick.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

I think if I reach the point where I feel the need to mute the entire community I will just move on to a single player game.
    Don't let me interfere with your decisions, but there is no single player game similar to DotA.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Halfling in the Playground

Just checking in to see what other people's reactions/impressions of Monday's massive patch are. Definitely been enjoying how much things have been shaken up, though it feels like a most people are still adjusting to the game as it stands post-patch.

10. - Top - End - #250

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Scurvy Cur View Post
    Just checking in to see what other people's reactions/impressions of Monday's massive patch are. Definitely been enjoying how much things have been shaken up, though it feels like a most people are still adjusting to the game as it stands post-patch.
    Yeah, I'm liking the majority of the changes that've been made with the exception of buyback (mainly because me forgetting about the changes to it and having 100+ second respawn times) and the moving of the pull camp to make it much harder for trilanes to be successful.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

I have to agree, I'm still wrapping my head around it but I'm liking it so far. I haven't seen many of the changes in action yet but so far it seems ok.

12. - Top - End - #252

Planetar

After watching the Purge analysis of the video I've got to first of all learn to pull through to a medium camp and then bug my support player until he learns so we can be a happy family again.

Also judging by my last game the Chemical Rage change hasn't hurt Alch much and can continue to be a late game big purple monster with a midget on his back.

I still really want to try new Broodmother as her new web interaction looks so fun, so fun infact it's made her ridiculously popular meaning I rarely don't see her in matches.

13. - Top - End - #253

I've greatly appreciated the changes to Brood, though I have a hard time really getting a feel for how much better she is with web pathing. I can say though that she doesn't feel like nearly so much of a huge liability as she did Pre patch.

Regarding alch, I agree that his ult remains good, and that the purple rage monster can do some great things with all that regen (not least of which being able to support an armlet very well). The main thing I think the change did was make him more vulnerable to early ganks, where he used to get a load of mileage out of that extra flat boost to his HP, but somewhat more frightening later on once he has 11 and an armlet.

14. - Top - End - #254

I figure the new Brood still has all the problems as the old one but has a lot more gimicky/fun things she can do, so is a better hero, just not much. Overall I like what they did in the patch, especially the changes that have happened in the competitive scene, but the weak heroes are still weak and the strong heroes are still strong. Lich is way too strong now though, I don't think I've lost a game with him since the patch.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #255

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbledore lives View Post
    I figure the new Brood still has all the problems as the old one but has a lot more gimicky/fun things she can do, so is a better hero, just not much. Overall I like what they did in the patch, especially the changes that have happened in the competitive scene, but the weak heroes are still weak and the strong heroes are still strong. Lich is way too strong now though, I don't think I've lost a game with him since the patch.
    I don't think lich was made that much stronger by the patch per se, but due to the changes to the general meta I think his position in the meta is a whole lot stronger now. Also feel like people now understand his potential more.

I think gimicky is the perfect word to describe the new broodmother.

16. - Top - End - #256

I dunno, I feel a lot like the extra XP Lich gets from snackrifice winds up being a pretty significant thing. I liked him pre-patch though.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Troll in the Playground

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give DIRETIDE

So I hear this is a thing now?
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

18. - Top - End - #258
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give DIRETIDE

If you're unaware of the reasoning behind it...

Last year there was a special game mode released around Halloween called "Diretide", in which each team would gather Greevil Taffy and put it in their basket for Roshan, then after 10 minutes Roshan would come and beat up people for their candy, then after 10 minutes of that, both teams work together to kill Roshan as fast as they could. The fastest slayers got into the Hall of Fame, and each of them got a Golden Roshan Courier, which is obnoxiously expensive. Everyone gets items as well for playing.

People were expecting it this year, and Valve did not release it, or any information about any Halloween event, so players started spamming
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give DIRETIDE
    everywhere. It's gotten a little out of hand now, with Dota players going to Volvo (the actual car company), attacking the metacritic score of Dota 2, and apparently even getting CyborgMatt's (Valve employee) personal number to cal him.

19. - Top - End - #259

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Litewarior View Post
    If you're unaware of the reasoning behind it...

It's gotten a little out of hand now, with Dota players going to Volvo (the actual car company)
    Did you see Volvo's response to that masses asking for diretide? It was fantastic.

Also more late impressions of 6.79: Buyback has hurt nature's prophet a lot more than any of the jungle changes and no matter how you tweak Bloodseeker's skills he probably wont be viable but will however still be very fun. (slight exaggeration on the no matter how)

20. - Top - End - #260
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Litewarior View Post
    People were expecting it this year, and Valve did not release it, or any information about any Halloween event, so players started spamming
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give DIRETIDE
    Um, yes, but what the ASCII thing is supposed to be? Kirby?

everywhere. It's gotten a little out of hand now, with Dota players going to Volvo (the actual car company), attacking the metacritic score of Dota 2, and apparently even getting CyborgMatt's (Valve employee) personal number to cal him.
    Is he? I thought he is just some random blogger? Seeing how he seems to push his annoying products everywhere?

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

21. - Top - End - #261
    Dwarf in the Playground

Is he? I thought he is just some random blogger? Seeing how he seems to push his annoying products everywhere?
    It's just supposed to be a meme face, someone holding out their hands saying "Give Diretide!"

And my bad, you are correct. In my defense, I have no defense.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Diretide confirmed.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give DIRETIDE

Fortunately, that incident is now over.

༼ つ ◕‿◕ ༽つ DIRETIDE GIVEN
    Last edited by Ranger Mattos; 2013-11-08 at 11:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    Wouldn't a bulb only be sharp if someone broke it? Oh...wait...that's actually very fitting for this situation. Well played Ranger Mattos. Your metaphor-crafting is masterful indeed.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Troll in the Playground

Which, IMHO, was stupid. Congratulations, Valve, you just made whiny, entitled, vandalising part of playerbase reason to now be x10 as whiny and loud. Stating Diretide was delayed by big update would be enough, why they said it in such servile tone?

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    HW Ava © ETsofu

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ogre in the Playground

It's cute, so who cares? But looks like Kirby.

Which, IMHO, was stupid. Congratulations, Valve, you just made whiny, entitled, vandalising part of playerbase reason to now be x10 as whiny and loud. Stating Diretide was delayed by big update would be enough, why they said it in such servile tone?
    Considering from my Dota experiences I'd say that part of the player base is somewhat around 30-40%.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

26. - Top - End - #266
    Troll in the Playground

No discussion on this yet?

Ded gaem.

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    HW Ava © ETsofu

27. - Top - End - #267

Planetar

No discussion on this yet?

Ded gaem.
    I really want to play around with Ember Spirit and Earth Spirit, they both look incredibly fun to play. I mean Earth Spirit has a built in Force Staff+ and can throw people around like it's nobody's business. I suspect his ult is also incredibly dangerous when you get good at throwing/pulling your statues at people.

Not really sure I like the change of the look to Storm Spirit, good for him for losing that weight, but he doesn't seem as jovial now. He'll still be a joy to play just not quite as much as before.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Octopus Jack View Post
    I mean Earth Spirit has a built in Force Staff+
    He pretty much is a force staff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    Wouldn't a bulb only be sharp if someone broke it? Oh...wait...that's actually very fitting for this situation. Well played Ranger Mattos. Your metaphor-crafting is masterful indeed.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground

This Diretide thing, so I understand it is available now but how do I access it?
    DEGENERATION 86: Copy this into your sig and subtract 1 from the degeneration when you first see it. This is an antisocial experiment.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Grytorm View Post
    This Diretide thing, so I understand it is available now but how do I access it?
    Just click "find Diretide match" in the game client.