New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 45 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Pathfinder Grab Bag Competition Chat Thread II: New Thread smell included!

Quote Originally Posted by SamBurke View Post
    OHhhhH! THAT Mythic... huh.

I'd definitely choose that next month.
    It's entirely possible that it's an error on my part, but that's what I took it as.
    There was something here and in the avatar box, and there will eventually be again. I just need to figure out what I want...

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Pathfinder Grab Bag Competition Chat Thread II: New Thread smell included!

Quote Originally Posted by Osagasu View Post
    It's entirely possible that it's an error on my part, but that's what I took it as.
    Well, if it is an error, then I'll suggest something for the Mythic rules next time.
    James/TheDoge Avatar by Ceika!

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by TravelLog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SamBurke View Post
    *snip* ...Hands down the funniest class critique ever... *snip*
    I cannot tell you the number of times I laughed while reading this.

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

First Place Pathfinder Grab Bags:
    XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ettin in the Playground

To be honest, from what I saw, the stuff for Mythic looked really boring.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Barbarian in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Tanuki Tales View Post
    To be honest, from what I saw, the stuff for Mythic looked really boring.
    When I suggested it, I was honestly leaning more towards the high-fantasy aspect, as well as the ideas of Joseph Campbell (the heroic journey in particular). If people would rather wait until next month, I've got no issues with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phelix-Mu View Post
    We live in the land of the internets, where arguing is never pointless.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Bugbear in the Playground

I vote for Rule of Cool as well.

And, for future reference, are the Mythic rules released for the OGL yet? I assume the theme for the Mythic category would be demigods, greco-roman pantheons, etc.?

Edit:
    In case you didn't have them and didn't want to go through the trouble of looking them up, I tracked down the links for the most recent contests and their voting threads...
    I was wrong about not having won the awards you gave me, btw. I apparently can't math.
    XV: Gamer's Gambit
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=281759
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=286190
    XVI: Once More, with Feeling!
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=286192
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=290764
    XVII: Call of a Hero
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=290766
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=295550
    XVIII: They're All Grown Up!
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=295553
    Last edited by gr8artist; 2013-09-02 at 07:26 PM.
    My Homebrew and Extended Signature
    Current avatar: Charza Sahlaren, by gr8artist

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by gr8artist View Post
    And, for future reference, are the Mythic rules released for the OGL yet?

The content has been OGL since release, but the community SRD willingly doesn't put anything up until two weeks after its release. At the moment I believe John is having some issues formatting the Mythic rules for the website, though.
    Last edited by Ilorin Lorati; 2013-09-03 at 10:31 AM.
    There was something here and in the avatar box, and there will eventually be again. I just need to figure out what I want...

7. - Top - End - #187
    Firbolg in the Playground

I have no idea what this Mythic thing is....
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Milo v3 View Post
    I have no idea what this Mythic thing is....
    Paizo's replacement for high powered rulesets like Epic levels.

9. - Top - End - #189

Paizo's replacement for high powered rulesets like Epic levels.
    Ah... Anyone have a link or anything?
    Show

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ettin in the Playground

How the !@#$? appears to be our new theme!

The contest will remain open till tonight and I'll put up the new one tomorrow.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ettin in the Playground

Alright, old contest is closed, voting thread is open and the new contest is up and running.

Razanir and Caled; both of your entries were complete enough to be able to be judged, but next time please make sure your entry is complete by the deadline.

12. - Top - End - #192

Alright, old contest is closed, voting thread is open and the new contest is up and running.

Razanir and Caled; both of your entries were complete enough to be able to be judged, but next time please make sure your entry is complete by the deadline.
    Yeah. I already have the perfect idea for mine.

"I'M BAD!"
    White is my color for internal monologue. (without the black highlight, of course)

Judge's choice in the Pathfinder Grab Bag XIX
    Spoiler
    Show

Avatar by the ever-brilliant Ceika

Paizocarnum - A 3.p update of Incarnum, now in PDF!
    The Beastmaster: Master of Beasts! (Pathfinder homebrew class)

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Milo v3 View Post
    Ah... Anyone have a link or anything?
    At the moment, only if you're willing to buy the book: http://paizo.com/products/btpy8ywe?P...hic-Adventures

None of the Community sites (d20pfsrd.com, Archives of Nethys) have been updated with the Mythic rules yet.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Barbarian in the Playground

I've posted my entry, the cloak knight.

"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
    — Friedrich Nietzsche

View my newest homebrew (feedback is greatly appreciate):
    The Vile speaker-http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...-PEACH-welcome

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ettin in the Playground

Guys, going to remind you again about GitP's rules on using images with homebrew:

• 1. You need the explicit permission of the creator before using it. Just giving them credit is not, I repeat not sufficient.
    • 2. If the image is a fan art of copyrighted material and is not created by yourself, you need both the creator's permission and the permission of the copyright holder. So if someone did a fan drawing of the Hulk, you'd need the artist's, Marvel's and Disney's explicit permission to use it.
    • 3. If the image is a photograph of official merchandise or otherwise of copyrighted material then you only need the photographer's explicit permission.
    • 4. Even if the image is fair use or public domain, you need to state as such.

It's not a high priority, but this is something Roland has already said he'd hand out strict warnings and bans over.

16. - Top - End - #196

At the moment, only if you're willing to buy the book: http://paizo.com/products/btpy8ywe?P...hic-Adventures

None of the Community sites (d20pfsrd.com, Archives of Nethys) have been updated with the Mythic rules yet.
    Alas as a teenager I have... no moneys. Guess I'll skip that competition if it comes up.

On the otherhand the Action Hero class coming up.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

Seems like this is something that we should make sure of on the first day:

Are epic levels even considered to be Pathfinder compatible? Paizo itself has made it pretty clear that they don't like the concept of levels higher than 20 (math breaking down, etc, etc.)
    Last edited by Ilorin Lorati; 2013-09-04 at 06:01 PM.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ettin in the Playground

Seems like this is something that we should make sure of on the first day:

Are epic levels even considered to be Pathfinder compatible? Paizo itself has made it pretty clear that they don't like the concept of levels higher than 20.
    They have some cribbed rules about it, so go with whatever they said until it's corrected otherwise.

19. - Top - End - #199

Guys, going to remind you again about GitP's rules on using images with homebrew:

• 1. You need the explicit permission of the creator before using it. Just giving them credit is not, I repeat not sufficient.
    • 2. If the image is a fan art of copyrighted material and is not created by yourself, you need both the creator's permission and the permission of the copyright holder. So if someone did a fan drawing of the Hulk, you'd need the artist's, Marvel's and Disney's explicit permission to use it.
    • 3. If the image is a photograph of official merchandise or otherwise of copyrighted material then you only need the photographer's explicit permission.
    • 4. Even if the image is fair use or public domain, you need to state as such.

It's not a high priority, but this is something Roland has already said he'd hand out strict warnings and bans over.
    Alright, sorry, I will correct that.
    White is my color for internal monologue. (without the black highlight, of course)

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

1) The link to the chat thread in the contest still takes you to the old one.
    2) Okay, I have an entry; I just need to decide how many levels it will be (and more abilities). So far I know it'll be a PrC themed around Red Mage Statscowski from 8-Bit Theater
    Avatar by Venetian Mask. It's of an NPC from a campaign I may yet run (possibly in PbP) who became a favorite of mine while planning.

Quote Originally Posted by Razanir View Post
    Everyone knows frying pans are actually weapons that people repurpose for cooking
    I am a 10/14/11/15/12/14 LG Clr 2

21. - Top - End - #201

I posted my barbarian archetype, the boomzerker.

PEACHes welcome (I literally looked up the pathfinder rules right before I started making it, so I have no idea if it's right or what, but archetypes seemed pretty straightforward, so what the hey).
    My Homebrew (Free to use, don't even bother asking. PM me if you do, though; I'd love to hear stories).

Avatar done by me (It's Durkon redrawn as Salvador from Borderlands 2).

Nod, get treat.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

Added the skeleton to my Liberal Arts Major base class. First set of courses should be up after a short break.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zombie

Sorry I´ve been so quiet, but I´ve been on holiday, and I still am. At an internet cafe at the moment.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

Laid down the foundation for the athletics program. It's going to be a 4 course progression across the 4 tiers, with the option of a 5th course to redshirt for extra functionality. Sports equipment will be added to give an added bonus to athletes of that sport.

After the athletics program is done, I'll move onto the actual education system for the non-martial abilities.

25. - Top - End - #205

Alright. I have no idea what I'm going to submit for this contest. I came up with a few possibilities, and I'd like to poll the audience and see which one you'd enjoy seeing more. I'll give it a couple days before I start working on my submission.
    Offspring of Stinson - Probably a race, spawned from the loins of legen-wait for it-dary philanderer Barney Stinson. Easily recognized because they're almost always the best dressed in the room, and able to convince others of the most extraordinary lies.
    Exemplar - Base class with the ability to do practically anything you can, but better (as a class feature).
    Munchkin - Base class with mostly meta-game abilities (rerolls, sneak peeks, loaded dice, etc.) and a lot of humor.
    Demigod - Probably a race, or a creature template. The ichor in your veins allows you to manifest powers and abilities that are far superior to those of mere mortals, though it comes with a strange alienation and a sense of superiority that makes it hard to form meaningful bonds.
    Last edited by gr8artist; 2013-09-07 at 12:45 PM.

26. - Top - End - #206

I'd most like to see the Offspring of Stinson. I bet they'd have a Glibness racial SLA (although that'd make some of them pretty OP.)
    Last edited by malonkey1; 2013-09-06 at 04:45 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by gr8artist View Post
    Munchkin - Base class with mostly meta-game abilities (rerolls, sneak peeks, loaded dice, etc.) and a lot of humor.
    Maybe not this one. I'm already planning on submitting Red Mage from 8-Bit Theater, which would result in a lot of metagaming humor.

Demigod - Probably a race, or a creature template. The ichor in your veins allows you to manifest powers and abilities that are far superior to those of mere mortals, though it comes with a strange alienation and a sense of superiority that makes it hard to form meaningful bonds.
    If you go with this one, be sure to make them illiterate/dyslexic.
    Avatar by Venetian Mask. It's of an NPC from a campaign I may yet run (possibly in PbP) who became a favorite of mine while planning.

Quote Originally Posted by Razanir View Post
    Everyone knows frying pans are actually weapons that people repurpose for cooking
    I am a 10/14/11/15/12/14 LG Clr 2

28. - Top - End - #208

Percy Jackson fan, eh?
    I read the books, and couldn't help thinking that it sounded just like a pretty serious Scion campaign.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ettin in the Playground

{table=head]Proposed Name|Theme
    Mad Man in a Magic Box|Whoverse
    The Mythic Journey|Mythic characters and High Fantasy
    We Built This City (On Rock and Roll)|Rock songs
    Fire and Brimstone|The Lower Planes
    Name Pending| Build-a-NPC
    [/table]

So, I don't want a delay like what happened with the last month, so I'm getting this out of the way as early as possible now. I've also thrown in my own idea, which I mentioned a month or so ago; I hope no one minds.

30. - Top - End - #210

Rhythm Revolution: Combos and rhythms. Wardrummers whose songs become more powerful as they go on; karate warriors who pull out increasingly long combos, scoring hit after h-C-C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!!

Spoiler
    Show