New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Barbarian in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: (Dark Heresy) His Holy Ordo - Purge the Unclean

Raltus shakes his head "I too have never experienced a Hard Drop. However I shall also refuse sedation. We must test ourselves through hardship so as to be wel forged weapons of the Emperor."

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kobold

"Hrm first time for everyrthing, il pass on the sedative as well". Ernio had stiffened in his armor....who knows what would happen to him if he was affected by a sedative and there were complications?, no thank you sir as they say.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Urijah shakes his head as if being offered a pile of excrement, "Not thank you, I'm sure it won't be pleasant, but I'd rather maintain my cognition than my dignity."

4. - Top - End - #94
    Orc in the Playground

MonkGuy

The deck officer shrugs, "Suit yourselves. Follow me." He leads you inside the lander, past the cargo to a cramped passenger compartment where the tallest among you have to stoop to avoid banging your heads on the bulkhead above.

You each take a seat on the metal seats, stowing your gear in compartments beneath you. You then secure yourselves with the heavily padded straps, which the deck officer checks are tight before exiting forward into what you presume is the cockpit.

There is a few moments, then a cold robotic voice sounds over the vox-com, counting down to launch. As it does so you can hear the drop-ship sealing its hatches with a clang and a hiss as the ship pressurizes. The noise quietens to a dull rumble as the lighter's engines power up.

As the count reaches zero there is a gut wrenching lurch as the lighter is fired down out of the hanger bay and into the void.

The engine noise ascends to a roar, making it impossible for you to communicate with the other acolytes. The next 30 minuets are filled with bone rattling shaking and gut wrenching gee forces that makes the inexperience among you feel like you are about to lose your last meal.

Spoiler
    Show
    Everyone who said they were inexperienced in drops please take a toughness test.
    Are you a 40k fan but a bit fuzzy on the background lore?
    Then visit my YouTube channel Vaults of Terra for the a weekly lowdown on everything 40k,
    from Space Marine armour to warp travel. New topics posted weekly.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Toughness test at 25 oh boy (1d100)[54]

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

Elena screams uselessly as she falls, even though she knows it's useless.

Spoiler
    Show
    Toughness vs 35 (1d100)[47]

7. - Top - End - #97
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kobold

Ernio is rendered speechless as he tries to keep the drink he had in his now rumbling stomach.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d100)[79]
    Heh i fail by a good measure. 32
    Last edited by Orbiter; 2013-08-18 at 09:26 AM.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

Titus howls the whole way down. Laughing at the way the new people were handling the ride. Trying to shout over the noise "Bet you wish you had that medicine now! Aha! Haha!"

9. - Top - End - #99
    Orc in the Playground

MonkGuy

As Titus whooped the rest of the party bring up their last meal, the force of the fall actually sending most of it impacting on the ceiling with a nasty wet splat. However, everyone but Titus gets some on their clothing.

The Roller coaster ride ends after 30 minuets with a sudden sense of deceleration and a clang as the lighter lands abruptly.

After a moment your straps detach by themselves and the external hatch opens with a hiss, letting in a gust of hot air and a surge of daylight. As you climb out of your seats you see a scorched landing field, its broken ground burnt and blackened from innumerable shuttle and lighter engines.

Encircling the landing field is a high wire fence, and looming above that the brooding metal clad walls of port suffering.

The air smells foul, of chemicals, propellants and cleaning agents. Expected smells in such a place, although beneath these smells there is the faint sweet smell of iron.

As you gather yor belonging s and l;eave the lighter grubby faced men run over and attach fuel lines whilst others begin to scrub the hull down. Others can be seen approaching with a hover-sled to begin offloading the ships cargo.

As you move out of their way a blotchy-faced man, possible an official, appears as if from nowhere wearing a dusty but at one time fine naval uniform timed with gaudy gold chain. He is also carrying a data slate and stylus. He is accompanied by burly mean wearing re-breathers and casually carrying shotguns.

"Greetings and welcome to Port Suffering." He says, whilst his guards lean in close to the group. "My name is Kerred Smyk, Iocanthos Administratum. Can I ask for your parties reason for visiting our world?"

How does the party respond?
    Then visit my YouTube channel Vaults of Terra for the a weekly lowdown on everything 40k,

10. - Top - End - #100

SwashbucklerGuy

Raltus wipes down his robe as he gets off the lander and quickly regains his composure, the calm smile covering his face almost immediately. His already incredibly pale skin hiding any nauseated appearance. As the official speaks Raltus smiles quietly and at his question steps forward with a short bow "We come to do the work of the Emperor! To spread His great light to the many worlds which so desperately need it. We have come here in our great pilgrimage to visit the most Holy cathedral dedicated to Saint Drusus. I am Brother Raltus, and these are my travelling companions"

Spoiler
    Show
    let me know if you want a roll to see if they buy this

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

"Euch. So that's what a hard drop is. No wonder the marines joke about it." When she hears the man ask why they're here and Raltus's response she says, "That's right sir. I am here as an assistant to the priest so that I may be trained in the way of the clergy."

Spoiler
    Show
    You want me to roll? Although it is more-or-less canon that psykers and the clergy are look about the same. Until one of them starts breaking out demonic/holy powers, that is.
    Last edited by Ionbound; 2013-08-20 at 05:40 PM.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Orc in the Playground

MonkGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    You can roll a deception test if you wish. A note guys, If you want to do something you can roll first in a spoiler box and i'll let you know if it was unnecessary or would not work. Cuts down on delays.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

Titus walks out of the craft regaining some of his dignity and maybe a little sanity back. He's quiet noticing Raltus' cover story. "Yea and I'm hired guard because while the emperor protects having a loaded gun doesn't hurt either." Titus says while passively taking in his surroundings and the guards with guns.

Spoiler
    Show

Awareness: Per:30 (1d100)[61]

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

As the straps detach, Urijah plants his feet on the ground. In an undignified squat, he fights the urge to vomit, swallowing several large mouthfuls of his own saliva. Once the worst of the nausea has passed, he stands up and follows the others out of the vessel, trying his best to keep his legs steady.

He smiles and bows to Sir Smyk, not yet offering a cover identity.

15. - Top - End - #105

SwashbucklerGuy

Raltus continues to talk casually "I thank for coming to meet us, could please direct us along the quickest route to the Cathedral so that we might pay our proper respects to the Saint?"

16. - Top - End - #106
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Heh, must be going a bit soft if a ride like that set my stomach roiling, though I suppose was different than a ship home, less rolling and more jerking about. T'ohei grumbled to himself and set to wiping the sick out of his beard as best he could. An awful stench for sure, though still better than hitting dirt lightheaded. Still, Emperor forgive me, I'd love to see that boisterous fellow Titus aboard ship on my world, he'd be green for a week. He sighed and rolled his shoulders as the lander settled and the hatch opened. Such thoughts are unbecoming of my duty, best get to work and put this behind me.

The steel-sword stepped out of the craft, hand going up to shade his eyes from the sudden influx of light, taking in a deep breath of questionably fresh air. His nostrils flared with the new world's smells, detecting a faint hint of something familiar on the wind. He smiled a bit. Smells a bit like home, not quite, but there's something in the breeze that reminds me of wilder things. His hand reached to his netting, unclasping and uncorking his bottle of booze for a quick swig, the harsh fiery liquid cleansing the acrid taste of bile from his throat. He replaced it and wiped his mouth on the cleaner of his sleeves, then checked the rest of his belongings, preparing to leave only to be blocked by the textbook image of an overworked administrative official standing in his way. T'ohei wasn't the first to notice the man however, and before he could open his mouth Brother Raltus was already letting words tumble from his lips.

The steel-sword rolled his eyes at the story but didn't interrupt right away. T'ohei could see the appeal of a cover story, but personally would have been more inclined to just get to the point. Nothing in the mission briefing had made mention of maintaining cover, or secrecy. Not that blabbing it about would be constructive. Still all this dancing around the issue was quickly getting on the steel-sword's nerves, especially after the drop, and if it continued for too much longer he was quite resolved to simply ask for the directions he required and move along.

For the moment though, he simply maintained his silence, checking his firearms with a nearly melodic series of clicks and clacks and low-powered hums accompanying the inspection. He did this with an almost air of nonchalance though the impatient tapping of his right boot and scowling face betrayed his annoyance at the delay.
    Last edited by Uthragar; 2013-08-25 at 10:19 AM.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Orc in the Playground

MonkGuy

The man looks a bit taken aback to be asked a question himself, "Er, the Cathedral is two days away overland, I'm surprised you did not know that father." He seems to composed himself "Well, I understand pilgrims bringing acolytes, but armed guards? This is rather strange. Where have you traveled from, and how did you hear of the cathedrals construction.

Spoiler
    Show
    Titus notices nothing out of the ordinary. I advise you refer back to the Briefing material.

18. - Top - End - #108

SwashbucklerGuy

Raltus smiles benignly "One can never be too careful when on pilgrimage. Not all people are as welcoming of the God-Emperors light as you are. We heard about the Cathedral from a friend, Aristarchus. We had hoped to meet him here, do you know him?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Totally forgot we had a contact to meet until I re-read the info haha

19. - Top - End - #109
    Orc in the Playground

MonkGuy

"The Seer, he is staying in the the refectories." His eyes narrow as he waves a uniformed arm south. There you can see a walled compound of grey rock that abuts the airfield, just outside the south gates of the landing field. "He has been there for several days, although we are under the impression he was here on official business. Would that be how you know him?"

20. - Top - End - #110

SwashbucklerGuy

Raltus continues to talk politely and smile, although his eyes become somewhat harder "Do you always ask some many questions to members of the Ecclesiarchy?" he casually plays with his Aquila necklace to make sure the symbol is in view and rests his other hand on the hilt of his sword "Is it often that you interfere with servants of the God-Emperor? What did you say your name is and rank were again?"

Spoiler
    Show

Attempting to 'pull rank' in so far as, from what I read, Clerics are generally respected and their influence slightly feared. I was thinking as well that the Inquisition probably doesn't usually work overtly? So just saying that's where we're from might not be wise, but I may be mistaken in that. Please let me know if that's wrong!

21. - Top - End - #111
    Orc in the Playground

MonkGuy

"I- I am Adept Smyk of the Iocanthos port authority. I report directly to the under-consul of Port Suffering on all matters relating to visitors to this outpost." He looks unsure as to how to proceed, clearly split between his questing and potentially offending a member of the Ecclesiarchy. "I am still scurrilous as to your parties purpose here Father, and your relationship with the Seer Aristarchus."

Spoiler
    Show
    A quick hint, using interaction skills, such as charm or intimidate can help here, along with roleplaying. It may be good for other parties to join in, although they do not have to if you prefer the priest deal with the adept.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

Elena smiles and says, "I understand your apprehension. Just know that we work for the big guy on Terra, and rest assured that the Emperor will protect you if you lead us to the Seer. Got it, buddy?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Charm vs 30: (1d100)[38]

23. - Top - End - #113
    Orc in the Playground

MonkGuy

"Big Guy?" The Adept says, looking confused, "Buddy? You my dear are one of the strangest novices I have ever met, and since that cathedral began being built that is certainly a high bar. Exactly which order are you joining with an attitude like that." His eyes have narrowed again and his tone is suspicious.

Spoiler
    Show
    Careful, remember any disrespectful mention of the emperor is considered heresy, punishable by torture and death for a first offence, just in case you were unaware.
    Last edited by Viper9090; 2013-08-26 at 06:45 PM.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

Titus tried to stay quiet but he is just not the guy to stay quiet for very long. "Woah, Woah, Woah. You question my services when you walk up with guards carrying shotguns? And then you question my employers about their faith. I don't know who you are but if you would show us to Aristarchus that would be kindly appreciated, so I can go back to my day job. Thank you" Titus finishes not at all sincere about the last part, and trying to be slightly intimidating to get his point across

Spoiler
    Show

Thats good ole' Titus
    (How does a Guardsman not have intimidate?)
    Intimidate: S=48/2=24 (1d100)[7]

25. - Top - End - #115
    Orc in the Playground

MonkGuy

Adept Smyk backs up a step as Titus turns, staying quiet as he speaks.

"W- well, it looks like I am done here." He says as Titus finishes, putting away his data slate. "As I said, you can find the seer in the refectories. I have far more important matters to attend to."

The adept turns and stalks off towards another incoming shuttle. The two guards share a short smirk at the adepts back, the follow shortly behind, leaving you alone on the hard pan.

26. - Top - End - #116

SwashbucklerGuy

Raltus wipes his hands together briskly as though cleaning them of dust "What an unpleasant man. Now, to the Refectories?". Without waiting for a response he grabs his bag and sets off South towards the building Smyk indicated.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

Titus follows Raltus, shaking his head along the way. "Huh. What no thanks?I just got him out of our hair."

28. - Top - End - #118
    Orc in the Playground

MonkGuy

As you walk away from the shuttle a tiny battered and grimy looking cherub-servitor, its cracked face smiling slackly at the group.

It hands Raltus a piece of parchment. It has the Inquisitional seal and states that you need to follow the cherub to get get to Aristarchus.
    Last edited by Viper9090; 2013-09-01 at 10:50 AM.

29. - Top - End - #119

SwashbucklerGuy

Raltus takes the parchment and reads it out for the others before addressing the cherub "Lead the way little one"

30. - Top - End - #120
    Orc in the Playground

MonkGuy

The little servitor bobs once, then floats off towards the western gates of the landing field. Does everyone follow, and if so in what order?