New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: House of Much Random Banter and Haluesen's Various Wondrous Cookies #197

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Feet are very strange, have you ever noticed that? You use them every day, unthinkingly, and you never really look at feet do you?
    I always thought my feet were normal, and then I passed through to the kitchen when Mum was watching one of those programmes about young families, and the mum on the telly was buying £50 trainers for a five-month-old.
    Naturally I said this was stupid, and Mum replied by saying that my parents had had to do it for me. They had to get me proper Clarks shoes from the time I was a few months old because the doctors said my feet were 'stuck' in the foetal position and that the bones and joints would be warped if it wasn't corrected soon.
    I didn't believe her, and then she told me that the foot's instep was meant to be a straight line (more or less). And both my feet have a noticeable cant at the point where the big toe joins the foot properly, although it's much more severe on my left foot. And the top of the right foot looks flatter, or less severely curved then the left.
    I thought it was normal. Now whenever I'm barefoot I get to look at my weirdly shaped feet. When I put my feet together there's an almost perfect forty-five degree angle between my big toes and I really can't get them any closer together without having to try to touch my pinkie toes together.

I have strange feet. :smallmildlyperturbed:
    I want to make a soul/sole joke here, but I've got nothing.

I forget if I mentioned it, but I had a rough nights sleep last night. Woke up on my glasses XP

2. - Top - End - #392
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: House of Much Random Banter and Haluesen's Various Wondrous Cookies #197

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I want to make a soul/sole joke here, but I've got nothing.
    Why should I try to make my sole conform to the norm, surely I'd want to stand out like the unique snowflake I am? My pun skills are low today.

I forget if I mentioned it, but I had a rough nights sleep last night. Woke up on my glasses XP
    How did you do that? Don't you take them off before you go to bed, or did you just drop like a stone?

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

3. - Top - End - #393

NecromancerGuy

Feet are very strange, have you ever noticed that? You use them every day, unthinkingly, and you never really look at feet do you?
    I always thought my feet were normal, and then I passed through to the kitchen when Mum was watching one of those programmes about young families, and the mum on the telly was buying £50 trainers for a five-month-old.
    Naturally I said this was stupid, and Mum replied by saying that my parents had had to do it for me. They had to get me proper Clarks shoes from the time I was a few months old because the doctors said my feet were 'stuck' in the foetal position and that the bones and joints would be warped if it wasn't corrected soon.
    I didn't believe her, and then she told me that the foot's instep was meant to be a straight line (more or less). And both my feet have a noticeable cant at the point where the big toe joins the foot properly, although it's much more severe on my left foot. And the top of the right foot looks flatter, or less severely curved then the left.
    I thought it was normal. Now whenever I'm barefoot I get to look at my weirdly shaped feet. When I put my feet together there's an almost perfect forty-five degree angle between my big toes and I really can't get them any closer together without having to try to touch my pinkie toes together.

I have strange feet. :smallmildlyperturbed:
    I guess it shows something about the climate and the culture that you were never really barefoot around other chillens then. The fact that I had a longer 2nd toe than big toe was nigh-instantly homed in on by my peers, and I think I was called a witch or something. I can't really remember exactly what they called me, just that I got called something. XD

Then of course right before puberty hit, I started getting hobbit feet. It's a strange mix of amusement and revulsion that people have to hairy feet.

Usually my glasses get destroyed when that happens. 'swhy I don't sleep in my glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by TaiLiu View Post
    Ah. That's how I feel at non-Chinese restaurants.

"What is this <unpronounceable>? Oh, I see. It's made from <also-unpronounceable>? What is <also-unpronounceable>? Ah. So, um, what is <still-unpronounceable>?"
    You're in the U.S. If you're still running into this, you really need to get out more or watch more television or cinema or something. Especially if Americana is giving you trouble since we hate having more than basic vocabulary in the names of restaurants and dishes. You're certainly writing English well enough for the basics.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2013-07-27 at 06:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

4. - Top - End - #394
    Troll in the Playground

Well so much for my "herpa derpa I'll be offline for the weekend" ...

Why can I never sleep on the night before I have a flight?

Then again, I still have stuff to pack... And tidy... Sigh. Don't feel like flying to Scotland, then again I do. My Scottish bank account is on the negative side and I need to transfer money from my Finnish account, and I left my internet banking passwords to Scotland... Ah well. I guess I won't die right now. Just need to apply for the student loan too and acquire it.
    Last edited by FinnLassie; 2013-07-27 at 06:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

5. - Top - End - #395

Why should I try to make my sole conform to the norm, surely I'd want to stand out like the unique snowflake I am? My pun skills are low today.

How did you do that? Don't you take them off before you go to bed, or did you just drop like a stone?
    I took them off and put them on my side desk on my laptop as always. I woke up with them under me and my laptop screen up. It appears I tried to turn it on in my sleep.

I also wrote this
    Spoiler
    Show
    (I'd love to stayand try help the vehicle wold get away from tem I guess)
    to a friend. Sleepy Zodi is silly.

6. - Top - End - #396
    Troll in the Playground

I also wrote this
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sleepy Zoozie is also super adorable! Yay!
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

7. - Top - End - #397

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    Sleepy Zoozie is also super adorable! Yay!
    I have a lot of other "Sleepy Zodi" stories, but I can't remember any. I think Blue Ghost might have the chat logs about em though!

8. - Top - End - #398
    Troll in the Playground

I have a lot of other "Sleepy Zodi" stories, but I can't remember any. I think Blue Ghost might have the chat logs about em though!
    I am veeery shleepy right now and it takes me far too long to write a simple three word sentence, not to mention a phrase like this! I should be awake around 5am which is less than 3 hours away... So why bother sleeping! I'll have a nap in the plane before I set off to roam the streets of Manchester before getting on the train to Glasgow. Man, I'll have an early night tomorrow...
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

9. - Top - End - #399

I am veeery shleepy right now and it takes me far too long to write a simple three word sentence, not to mention a phrase like this! I should be awake around 5am which is less than 3 hours away... So why bother sleeping! I'll have a nap in the plane before I set off to roam the streets of Manchester before getting on the train to Glasgow. Man, I'll have an early night tomorrow...
    Jeez that sounds rough. Have fun Finn!

10. - Top - End - #400
    Troll in the Playground

Jeez that sounds rough. Have fun Finn!
    I'll probably have a lot of coffee and hazy memories instead.
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

11. - Top - End - #401
    Titan in the Playground

You're in the U.S. If you're still running into this, you really need to get out more or watch more television or cinema or something. Especially if Americana is giving you trouble since we hate having more than basic vocabulary in the names of restaurants and dishes. You're certainly writing English well enough for the basics.
    I'm not talking about American restaurants, I'm talking about non-Chinese restaurants. Italian places, for instance.
    Then again, I still have stuff to pack... And tidy... Sigh. Don't feel like flying to Scotland, then again I do. My Scottish bank account is on the negative side and I need to transfer money from my Finnish account, and I left my internet banking passwords to Scotland... Ah well. I guess I won't die right now. Just need to apply for the student loan too and acquire it.
    Oo, rough. Good luck!

12. - Top - End - #402

I took them off and put them on my side desk on my laptop as always. I woke up with them under me and my laptop screen up. It appears I tried to turn it on in my sleep.
    Ehmmm.
    Zo'i, I think you when you start sleep-typing - or attempting to, you need to put your laptop elsewhere. In another room, or under the bed perhaps?
    C'est plus qu'un peu ridicule.

DdAN:
    Je suis extremement fatigue, je crois cette nuit sera mieux.
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2013-07-27 at 06:46 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

13. - Top - End - #403
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TaiLiu View Post
    Oo, rough. Good luck!
    Very rough, indeed. I just wish my brain will function in some decent manner tomorrow! Which it probably won't. I'm already going cuckoo.
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

14. - Top - End - #404

Ehmmm.
    Zo'i, I think you when you start sleep-typing - or attempting to, you need to put your laptop elsewhere. In another room, or under the bed perhaps?
    C'est plus qu'un peu ridicule.

DdAN:
    To be fair I typed that BEFORE turning it off, before going to bed. And my general schedule when I wake up is to turn on the laptop. Therefor my body thought it woke up, and then tried to get up.

You lost me on the French though.

15. - Top - End - #405
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haluesen View Post
    Okay this is probably true, I've only been there once or twice. It was just the first example that came to mind. Yes I absolutely could and do, I just have a tendency to use our ground beef at home for Hamburger Helper instead. Mmm Helper...

Part of it is that Burger King is one of the few places to eat where I live, so I just got used to it. I almost always prefer it to McDonald's, though Subway is kinda my favorite anyway. And yes they do, I don't know what it is about burgers that makes me more intrigued by them.
    You should. Grilling is fun.

They are delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by Devmaar View Post
    If your chicken doesn't contain meat you're eating the wrong chicken
    Heh, true. I had meant the tacos for that bit.

I also wrote this
    Spoiler
    Show
    Heheheh

DdAN:
    I'm a bit out of practice... would you mind translating the last bit? (or at least reminding me what crois and sera mean?)
    A few odds and ends.

16. - Top - End - #406

Today has been a day of meeting people for the first time and pretending I know them until I do.

Like, I've done that thrice today, four times if you count individual people.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #407

To be fair I typed that BEFORE turning it off, before going to bed. And my general schedule when I wake up is to turn on the laptop. Therefor my body thought it woke up, and then tried to get up.
    So you slept-attempted-to-internet-and-chat? Still a wee worrisome.

You lost me on the French though.
    Wha-?
    Oh.
    I was watching a bi-lingual show with dialogue in both French and English, but with an English voice over narration.
    I literally didn't notice until you pointed that out.
    In translation then:

'That's a little ridiculous.

ION:
    I'm extremely tired, [but] I think tonight will be better.'

ION:
    My madam is a complete space stealer. She can take over a good two-thirds the width of a double bed, the entire width of a single bed, most of a settee, and Heaven and Hell help you if she decides you're sitting in her chair. Or if she decides your lap is her chair.
    Or your chest.
    Ever had a cat dig four sets of claws into your boobs?

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

18. - Top - End - #408

So you slept-attempted-to-internet-and-chat? Still a wee worrisome.

Wha-?
    Oh.
    I was watching a bi-lingual show with dialogue in both French and English, but with an English voice over narration.
    I literally didn't notice until you pointed that out.
    In translation then:

'That's a little ridiculous.

Ever had a cat dig four sets of claws into your boobs?
    Yes, though usually I succeed at sleep chatting, at least when the TV is on.

Oh wow, that's impressive. And yes, everything is ridiculous with me!

Not four but yes.

19. - Top - End - #409
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    Today has been a day of meeting people for the first time and pretending I know them until I do.

Like, I've done that thrice today, four times if you count individual people.
    Ah, that can be so awkward, but knowing you can do so gives you such a good feeling, although it reminds me of how life keeps moving on.

Today has been a slow slow day, tired but relaxing, decided to join as I've taken a 2 week holiday so have some time ^_^

20. - Top - End - #410
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ehmmm.
    What was so wrong about only sleeping on a pea to prove that you were a princess?
    I have found a RL gaming group but I'm willing to meet other GitP people nearby.
    Please send a PM or an email! _______ Tea served in a student cafe in Seattle

21. - Top - End - #411

Quote Originally Posted by necrocat219 View Post
    Ah, that can be so awkward, but knowing you can do so gives you such a good feeling, although it reminds me of how life keeps moving on.

Today has been a slow slow day, tired but relaxing, decided to join as I've taken a 2 week holiday so have some time ^_^
    Yeah. It was actually very fun, and I got to talk to interesting people!
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #412

Quote Originally Posted by Taet View Post
    What was so wrong about only sleeping on a pea to prove that you were a princess?
    Naw, I already know I'm a princess. I'm the Princess of Lala Land!

I'd be the Queen but only Knee is someone suitable for that title

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    Yeah. It was actually very fun, and I got to talk to interesting people!
    I recall that!

23. - Top - End - #413
    Troll in the Playground

Ahahahahahahahahah the sun just got up!

What has become of meeeeeeee.
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

24. - Top - End - #414

Have you been changed into ash or have you been changed into stone or have you been changed into light?
    I have found a RL gaming group but I'm willing to meet other GitP people nearby.

25. - Top - End - #415

According to my Dad in the past, if you stay up past midnight and the sun shines on you before going to bed, you turn into a pumpkin.

So you're a pumpkin now!

26. - Top - End - #416
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Taet View Post
    Have you been changed into ash or have you been changed into stone or have you been changed into light?
    According to my Dad in the past, if you stay up past midnight and the sun shines on you before going to bed, you turn into a pumpkin.

So you're a pumpkin now!
    Eh.

*pinches herself*

I seem pretty darned Finnish to myself, still.
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

27. - Top - End - #417

Eh.

*pinches herself*

Hmm, maybe since you're Finnish you turn into like a squad instead? Or maybe it's just Dad being a tricksy tricker!

28. - Top - End - #418

Yes, though usually I succeed at sleep chatting, at least when the TV is on.
    Apparently a lot of people sleep talk, even if only rarely. It makes sense really, animals dream, and sometimes those dreams involve barking, or meowing/yowling, or talking.
    Holding a coherent conversation in your sleep is a little more rare. Probably you were a little more awake than you were asleep.

Oh wow, that's impressive. And yes, everything is ridiculous with me!
    It's only French, and there were subtitles, but my attention was divided, and one of the main things I noticed about the subtitles was that they were sense-for-sense, not word-for-word, and sometimes they missed out things for speed's sake.

Not four but yes.
    That's how the lesser females of the house are cowed by Madam Demon Spawn when she chooses to recline upon one of her subjects. Both male and females are subjected to general clawing. And there's nothing quite as nerve-wracking as having a demon cat curled up in the space between your crossed legs, and then she stretches and rests all four paws 'innocently' right on top your genitalia.
    Cringe inducing.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

29. - Top - End - #419

This morning one of the cats stepped on my throat. It did not make me stop speaking but it did hurt. He wanted to be held up high and stepped back up when put down.

Eh.

*pinches herself*

Hmm, maybe since you're Finnish you turn into like a squad instead? Or maybe it's just Dad being a tricksy tricker!
    Pumpkins and squash are hot weather plants. I do not think that was ever something that FinnLassie could be. It is OK that she did not change though. Vampire or troll or pumpkin is not good. Light though. It would have been good. It would have been like another way to fly without wings. I wish there were a way to fly. For Teddy or for anyone.

30. - Top - End - #420

Apparently a lot of people sleep talk, even if only rarely. It makes sense really, animals dream, and sometimes those dreams involve barking, or meowing/yowling, or talking.
    Holding a coherent conversation in your sleep is a little more rare. Probably you were a little more awake than you were asleep.

That's how the lesser females of the house are cowed by Madam Demon Spawn when she chooses to recline upon one of her subjects. Both male and females are subjected to general clawing. And there's nothing quite as nerve-wracking as having a demon cat curled up in the space between your crossed legs, and then she stretches and rests all four paws 'innocently' right on top your genitalia.
    Cringe inducing.
    ...coherent is not a word I would call it. My friend said he wasn't feeling well, and I said that the vehicle world was going to go away. That's the definition of incoherent!

You where cowed the minute you paid money for the cat, truth be told. They are very dominating, in my experience