New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: House of Much Random Banter and Haluesen's Various Wondrous Cookies #197

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Seven is far too early, and you know it.

Er... Hrm... My wardrobe mostly consists of four colours, so... >.>
    Yeah, but I'd like to get up at that time. That way I won't start thinking of myself as some kind of layabout.

One only needs four colours after all. White, black, grey and blue are more than enough. Though I have more green than grey... I must remedy this situation.

In semi-related news: I have listened to your album and must say that I really like the acoustic piece. It's quite relaxing, but not completely calm either. So, relaxing but with a bit of energy?
    Makes me feel bad for never learning to play guitar though. Now you've made me want to buy one and take it up again... The world conspires to force me to have more hobbies!And for some reason it reminds me of either Dwarf Fortress or Diablo... Not sure why.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    According to Wikipedia, the oldest recorded version is still nearly identical to the contemporary one. At least in the final line...

Yeah, that's the beauty of it. To take another example, a slightly tweaked version of the 'Æ' is a chest or a backpack, seen diagonally from the side with the upper half being the lid.

And yeah, I thought about that too, except you usually don't coat cheese wedges in wax, but rather the whole wheel...
    Well, the last line kind of works from the English perspective if one remembers that it is a song as well, and not every sound is of the same length. Had I some sort of convenient score writing software available, I'd write it down and show you what I mean. But alas, I do not. Note to self; Acquire such software...

That ones a bit more difficult to see, but I can kind of.

A wedge cut from such cheese retain the wax coating on the outer edge until it is removed. I would say it was a choice to avoid using colours that are harder to differentiate, but that game uses cyan, yellow and numerous shades of a lot of colours.
    Though admittedly... Some kinds of cheese are reddish...

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    Easy. Turn that non-existent money of yours into real money. Can't be that hard.

I value imagination and how we people use it, and the thing with the ASCII is that I can use my imagination nearly to the fullest extent. It also lets me focus more on the technical side of the game, which in my opinion is amazing.

Oh! This just means that I have to give you a massage!
    If that were easy, I'd be visiting you all in my zeppelin such that we may listen to Liszt on an antique gramophone and talk of many things, of shoes and ships and sealing wax, and cabbages and kings, and why the sea is boiling hot and whether pigs have wings.
    Truly, Lewis Carroll is among the greatest people ever.

Imagination is indeed important in all things. For instance, I do so often try to envision what my SimCities would look like if one could look at their skyline rather than the game's isometric perspective.

I'm not sure whether or not a massage would have any effect. I've always found attack to sooth rebellious muscles. Or if not sooth, force them to recognise my sovereignty as the one in charge of most of the electric impulses.

Now, as part of my plan to teach my sleep schedules who is supreme overlord and master, I'm going to go upstairs and read before bed.
    Goodnight everyone! Remember, in the event of an unscheduled apocalypse, exits are located to your left and behind you to the right.
    Last edited by Elemental; 2013-08-02 at 10:09 PM.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

2. - Top - End - #752
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: House of Much Random Banter and Haluesen's Various Wondrous Cookies #197

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Hmm... If you still want to teach, you could try to get the qualifications to teach another subject... That way you'd manage to get into the education system and possibly move into the arts. But I don't know if that would work particularly well.
    Well, there's two problems with that -

1. I'd have to go back to school and go through another program to do so. I'm certified K -12 for Art, which is different from most subjects where you'd get certified for a smaller range of age. I'm crushed under the debt of my first bout of college, so I can't really afford to do that again. Even in small increments, I just don't get in enough money to be able to afford ANY classes. Even if it was just one a semester.

2. Even if I did get a further certification, I know many who have tried that route to get "in" and have never escaped that role to go on to teach their intended subject. Art is a program that continually is getting cut, so its a mindset thing for schools. Which makes me go: Art is such a fundimental! Why is this happening!?

Quote Originally Posted by TaiLiu View Post
    It's a similar joy to reading books, I think; I like to read the forms, then fill it out with style. (By "style," I mean add lots of exclamation marks.)

Example:

Name: TaiLiu!?
    I admit, I laughed pretty hard reading this.

Perhaps. I read for knowledge, and pleasure. You?

General curiosity, really. Hm. My enjoyment for filling out forms is similar to my dislike of music, it seems, in that people find both irrational.
    Like...all music? Like you'd prefer a movie to not have music rather than have a score? Or rather, most genres don't appeal to you? Or just a straight - music bad. Silence - good.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

3. - Top - End - #753
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post
    *snip*
    Word. Instant coffee is a travesty. In fact, I'd advise everyone to develop their own coffee ritual, simply to enjoy the experience more. Coffee-drinking should be me-time.
    *shudders*
    No worries. I refuse to drink instant coffee. I will relent and force myself to take coffee time seriously. I suppose I don't really need to melt all the tastebuds off my tongue anyway...
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

4. - Top - End - #754
    Troll in the Playground

If that were easy, I'd be visiting you all in my zeppelin such that we may listen to Liszt on an antique gramophone and talk of many things, of shoes and ships and sealing wax, and cabbages and kings, and why the sea is boiling hot and whether pigs have wings.
    Truly, Lewis Carroll is among the greatest people ever.

I'm not sure whether or not a massage would have any effect. I've always found attack to sooth rebellious muscles. Or if not sooth, force them to recognise my sovereignty as the one in charge of most of the electric impulses.

Oh, believe me, if you visit the masseur I went to, you'd feel very attacked. I basically have rock solid shoulders that need some serious whacking (thanks to doctors neglecting the issue for ages), gentle rubs can't do a thing. I also enjoy lying down on an acupressure spike mat, but they're honestly just for temporary, immediate relief - nothing that can fix things for as long as a massage does. I get a massage every 4 to 6 weeks and it's coolbeans.

Have a good night!
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

5. - Top - End - #755
    Bugbear in the Playground

So it turns out Andre is also not a morning person.

Spoiler
    Show

Also, isn't this Mutant's birthday?
    If I'm right, happy birthday, Mutant!
    If I'm wrong, happy late/early birthday, Mutant!
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

6. - Top - End - #756
    Troll in the Playground

Seven is far too early, and you know it.

ION: Yay, dorm assignments.
    And we all know what this means.
    Time for Amidus to fill out more forms! WOOHOO!

Lucifer is a damn bureaucrat. I've had enough of this "fill out stuff" nonsense; they should have all of my information already, from all the other forms I've filled out. *explodes*

Screw it, I'll do all that crap after I get up. Too much trouble to do it now.
    Seven? I like to get up around a quarter past six.

Are'nt you so excited? Yay!

Also, I wish this was real. It's awesome. A t-shirt design.
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

7. - Top - End - #757
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post

Spoiler
    Show

I love how you're live blogging this bird's life. I approve.

Also! I found a glitch in Super Mario World that I've never heard of before! If you are eating a wriggler with Yoshi, and are moving forward enough to hit it's body before it disappears, you get hurt as if you're not on Yoshi!

8. - Top - End - #758
    Ettin in the Playground

It's a similar joy to reading books, I think; I like to read the forms, then fill it out with style. (By "style," I mean add lots of exclamation marks.)

Really? This is such a great honour!
    You and I have had very different experiences reading books, then, because I've never read 20 books that wanted my name, phone, address, and major.

It's odd, really, that I have that level of trust for someone I've never met... You just strike me as the sort of person that kind information would be safe with. You're probably wholly unique in that regard... Hrm... odd.

Easy. Turn that non-existent money of yours into real money. Can't be that hard.

I love to use them too... or, would love to, if they were as good as my old headphones... *narrows eyes*

And so say all the people that haven't experienced the awesomeness of a nightless night.

Why did I even attempt to expect anything further from you?
    You'd be surprised. I've been trying for a while, admittedly sometimes half-heartedly.

My old headphones are held together by masking tape, and the cord has a short in it, so... I mean, they're still really good headphones, but... they'd be easily surpassed by a good new pair.

Oh, like I'd know the difference. I'd have to go outside for that.

Yeah, but I'd like to get up at that time. That way I won't start thinking of myself as some kind of layabout.

One only needs four colours after all. White, black, grey and blue are more than enough. Though I have more green than grey... I must remedy this situation.

In semi-related news: I have listened to your album and must say that I really like the acoustic piece. It's quite relaxing, but not completely calm either. So, relaxing but with a bit of energy?
    Makes me feel bad for never learning to play guitar though. Now you've made me want to buy one and take it up again... The world conspires to force me to have more hobbies!And for some reason it reminds me of either Dwarf Fortress or Diablo... Not sure why.
    I like it being closeish to midday when I get up. 8 is as early as I like to get up, 9 is the normal time, 10 is when I want to sleep in, and 11 is if I accidentally turn the alarm off. Like today, for example.

True, I suppose. I've got a handful of dark green shirts that I like, though.

*bows, perhaps akin to a cello* I could teach you how to play it, if you wanted... granted, that'd be easier to do if you already knew how to play guitar... it's fairly simple.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    Like...all music? Like you'd prefer a movie to not have music rather than have a score? Or rather, most genres don't appeal to you? Or just a straight - music bad. Silence - good.
    Yeah, he just doesn't really like music at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion View Post
    Seven? I like to get up around a quarter past six.

Are'nt you so excited? Yay!

Also, I wish this was real. It's awesome. A t-shirt design.
    You got up a full hour after I went to sleep!

I would be... if I didn't suddenly have more work to do.

I need this.
    A few odds and ends.

9. - Top - End - #759
    Firbolg in the Playground

For once, Washington lived up to its reputation and we just got rain for the first time since April or so.

Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #760
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Daaaaaw! SILLY BIRDIE.

Indeed. Thank you, Dimonite. (And sarcastic thank you for making me remember Facebook is probably a whole bunch of people who didn't remember but Facebook told them so they spent 8 seconds posting happy birthday on my wall and I have to respond SOMEHOW.:smallsigh; Nah, my cynicism ain't that deep. EGOTISM TIME.)

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    For once, Washington lived up to its reputation and we just got rain for the first time since April or so.

Rain? WE HAD RAIN. I MUST LIVE IN WASHINGTON.
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2013-08-02 at 11:41 AM.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

11. - Top - End - #761
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haluesen View Post
    EDIT: Ah hey Kneenibble! You sorta messaged while I was writing. ^^ Yep I know of them, though my knowledge of birds is lacking. *laughs* No nibbling I'm too ticklish! *flees*
    Just as FinnLassie will scribble on your face, or poke you with long slender objects such as beech branches, becs-de-corbin, baguettes, or paint brushes -- so too I will nibble you about the ears and the eyebrows. It is simply what is done. *divebombs and nibbles*

KNEEBS!

I am still waiting for you to fly in the window! ;_;
    ;___; I got lost on the way, and had to turn back. I'm so sorry. This world is a dangerous place for such a little fluffster as I.

I sent your, my, and Teddy's drawings from the other day to my sister last night, who also loves budgies. I am still awaiting her squee.

I just really, really dislike wine. Bleuch. I need to rinse that taste off with a good pale ale.

Oh, wonderful! Delightful! Exquisite!
    *falls in trance gnaws carrots* Mmh... would go well with a bit of teddy bear...
    That's okay! More for me. I don't claim to understand not liking wine, but I can respect it.

Excellent... she took the bait. *takes advantage of the carrot trance to tangle up a big fluffy nest in FinnLassie's golden hair*

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    Gasp! AUGH BOOZE, and SUPER GASP WHAT?
    Draw Your Friends! In the Arts & Crafts area. Well, "Draw" can be any arts. It's quite an enjoyable exchange. Mr. August even composed some music for me the time before last.

I wanna play Dwarf Fortress... (Also:Those other things.)
    *swills and drinks all the wine*

That is not the giggle I imagine of Knee lying on his bed with the window open. It IS madhouse worthy, though.

Rather than "my girlfriend says things", I say YAY CARROTS. *looks at them*
    Dwarf Fortress is free! You could play it right now! You could become thick and giddy with wine, and be forging platinum statues before a teatime of bacon-wrapped water chestnuts and cheese cubes and fresh figs and hot roasted almonds and purple carrots!

Tee hee hee.

While I am appreciative to Devmartian's girlfriend for her sentiment, I am appreciative to you as well for yours. KEEP LOOOOOOOOKING *waits for the carrot trance to set in, for reasons*

I am the bass-man, except in the acoustic-only song, where I play the guitfiddle, aye. I sing some, yes. Rafiki does also, and both Robin and Logan sang briefly.

*bows, perhaps akin to a viola* Thank you, sir.

Ooh, cool. Interesting colours... what variety are they? Do they taste different than the normal orange ones?
    In Hyser? Wow, beautiful playing.

They don't taste wildly different, but slightly. The yellow ones, Yellowstone, have less earthy and more clear taste. The purple ones, Cosmic Purple, are actually not a true purple carrot -- only the outer skin is red, the insides are orange. They are a really nice carrot but they taste just like any other good orange carrot. Then the orange ones are either Scarlet Nantes or Yaya -- I forget which seeds I actually planted.

I couldn't get seeds for true purple carrots this year, but I'm going to try next year. Also white carrots. And one day I hope to grow the red carrots of Punjab. All the carrots.

Quote Originally Posted by randman22222 View Post
    Gameplay mechanics and Fun come first. Graphics come second. Okay, but as a composer aiming to get involved with game soundtracks, I do think DF is lacking on the sound front.
    The little music it has is the perfect mood for me, but it drives me completely crazy to listen to it for the hours that a good DF session takes. Do you have any particular idea what music to make for it?

I would want a very mellow brass quartet, I think, without other instruments.

They're more colour than my entire wardrobe! Green, red, orange and yellow? Four whole colours?! I jest, but not by much. I just like sedate colours too much.
    Well nobody is asking you to wear the carrots, mi Elementalis. Although I could give you one to tie on your belt -- that is coming back into fashion.

But that aside, I am very impressed by your harvest. Our every attempt to grow carrots fails miserably despite the apparent vitality of the plants in question. And Mum keeps serving frozen carrots, which are of course entirely lacking in quality. I do understand that she doesn't have the time or energy to prepare carrots on every occasion, but it is depressing when I find one of the few vegetables I actually enjoy to be too disgusting to eat. Maybe I should just prepare my own salads and things...
    Anyway... Carrots should ideally be served raw in my mind.
    Frozen vegetables. I'm not sure that should be a thing. With commercial-grade carrots, they are not always good for eating raw: but when you pull a tender, crunchy, candy-sweet carrot out of the garden, it seems silly to think about cooking it. Even knowing that it makes its nutrients hugely more digestible.

Can you tell me what happens to your carrots when you try to grow them? I know you've told me before -- was it that the foliage grows fine, but no root develops? I might be able to advise you. What kind of soil do you have over there?

Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post
    Oh my, how grand. I hope it was most flavourful.

Word. Instant coffee is a travesty. In fact, I'd advise everyone to develop their own coffee ritual, simply to enjoy the experience more. Coffee-drinking should be me-time.
    It was indeed. It was a lovely rich Pinotage with dark red fruit and honey flavours. I've never been disappointed by a South African wine.

Yes! That ritual and that stopping-to-think moment is what turns the caffeine buzz into a sublime bliss. A quick cup slurped down in a rush will stimulate, but it will not transcend.

I value imagination and how we people use it, and the thing with the ASCII is that I can use my imagination nearly to the fullest extent. It also lets me focus more on the technical side of the game, which in my opinion is amazing.
    Yes, to add to this discussion, I am astounded at the way the imagination works after getting absorbed into a good Dwarf Fortress session. I start to see detail that isn't there, and hear sounds -- the roar of the waterfall I built in my dining room and the mist-wet beards of the dwarves who stand nearby to admire it. That is why I don't use a texture pack: because the poverty of the graphics, combined with the game's bogglingly intricate mechanics, works such a freaky magic on the mind.

The creator is a mad genius.

Spoiler
    Show
    *gasp* That is Andre?!?!?! Who is Andre?!?!?!?! Look at that fluff!

Baby birds are both endearing and horrifying to me. They seem unfinished, with no proper barrier between Inside and Outside the body.

Happy Birthday, most excellent Ovis!

Here is a cake for you.
    Spoiler
    Show

No, I'm sorry. Here is a nice summery cake.
    Spoiler
    Show

(All of that is edible -- the sand is brown sugar.)

12. - Top - End - #762
    Ettin in the Playground

Indeed. Thank you, Dimonite. (And sarcastic thank you for making me remember Facebook is probably a whole bunch of people who didn't remember but Facebook told them so they spent 8 seconds posting happy birthday on my wall and I have to respond SOMEHOW.:smallsigh; Nah, my cynicism ain't that deep. EGOTISM TIME.)
    Heh, you know, I never say happy birthday to people on facebook. If I see them in person, they'll get a reminder from me that they're older.

Draw Your Friends! In the Arts & Crafts area. Well, "Draw" can be any arts. It's quite an enjoyable exchange. Mr. August even composed some music for me the time before last.

In Hyser? Wow, beautiful playing.
    Huh... well, I might actually be able to participate in that, then... Hrm...

I'm flattered.

You say that, but you didn't get to hear the hour worth of takes (well, about 7 or 8 takes, but it took a while)... and we had to use my crappy guitar with it's ancient strings because the action on Rafiki's was too low... (and he has such beautiful sounding strings, too...)

They don't taste wildly different, but slightly. The yellow ones, Yellowstone, have less earthy and more clear taste. The purple ones, Cosmic Purple, are actually not a true purple carrot -- only the outer skin is red, the insides are orange. They are a really nice carrot but they taste just like any other good orange carrot. Then the orange ones are either Scarlet Nantes or Yaya -- I forget which seeds I actually planted.

I couldn't get seeds for true purple carrots this year, but I'm going to try next year. Also white carrots. And one day I hope to grow the red carrots of Punjab. All the carrots.
    Ah, okay. Hrm...

Heheheheh I think carrots are probably one of my least favorite roots... not because I don't like them, but they've got some steep competition. Radishes, potatoes, ginger, sassafras... It's hard to beat those.

Here is a cake for you.
    Spoiler
    Show
    This one is the best.
    A few odds and ends.

13. - Top - End - #763

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I love how you're live blogging this bird's life. I approve.
    Well, he was born right outside of our garage, so my mom is taking pictures of him right and left. It would almost be harder not to blog his life.

Birthdays are the best time for egotism time!

*gasp* That is Andre?!?!?! Who is Andre?!?!?!?! Look at that fluff!
    That is indeed Andre, the baby cardinal who hatched not three feet from our garage door.

FLUUUUUUFFF!

Baby birds are both endearing and horrifying to me. They seem unfinished, with no proper barrier between Inside and Outside the body.
    THEY LOOK LIKE TINY ALIENS. :smalltotallyserious:
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

*high fives!*
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...

14. - Top - End - #764

Well, he was born right outside of our garage, so my mom is taking pictures of him right and left. It would almost be harder not to blog his life.
    The best thing is, you could technically say you are spending your mornings taking pictures of dinosaurs, and it wouldn't be inaccurate.

15. - Top - End - #765
    Ettin in the Playground

THEY LOOK LIKE TINY ALIENS.
    I think they look more like undead grown-up birds that run on cuteness instead of negative energy.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

16. - Top - End - #766
    Titan in the Playground

Even if I did get a further certification, I know many who have tried that route to get "in" and have never escaped that role to go on to teach their intended subject. Art is a program that continually is getting cut, so its a mindset thing for schools. Which makes me go: Art is such a fundimental! Why is this happening!?
    Hm. If you can't get a job in a public school, have you tried getting one in a private institution?
    I admit, I laughed pretty hard reading this.
    Excellent. You'll be filling out your forms like that from now on, right?
    It's more of a "silence - good" more than "music - bad," really.
    Oh, my. It looks quite frightening now.
    You and I have had very different experiences reading books, then, because I've never read 20 books that wanted my name, phone, address, and major.

It's odd, really, that I have that level of trust for someone I've never met... You just strike me as the sort of person that kind information would be safe with. You're probably wholly unique in that regard... Hrm... odd.
    Nice! I have done some jobs regarding sensitive information handling, so that may be it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    Ah. Rain is good, yes, except when it is not.
    EGOTISM TIME.
    Indeed! Happy birthday, comrade! I brought some noodles over!
    THEY DO!

17. - Top - End - #767
    Ogre in the Playground

Huh... well, I might actually be able to participate in that, then... Hrm...

I'm flattered.

You say that, but you didn't get to hear the hour worth of takes (well, about 7 or 8 takes, but it took a while)... and we had to use my crappy guitar with it's ancient strings because the action on Rafiki's was too low... (and he has such beautiful sounding strings, too...)
    He also made an avatar to go along with it, but as the nature of submissions is open-ended, Shirley you could go in with music alone. Like a character in an adventure. ALL YOU NEED IS YOUR MUSIC, AMIDIUS! LEAVE YOUR WEAPONS BEHIND.

Shh, Armsdealer. I don't need to know any of that. *brushes your hair fluffy with a brush of porcupine quills and a handle of deer bone*

You're off the hook for hair donations for now, by the way. I'm going to try and groom FinnLassie to surrender her locks to my nest.

Ah, okay. Hrm...

Heheheheh I think carrots are probably one of my least favorite roots... not because I don't like them, but they've got some steep competition. Radishes, potatoes, ginger, sassafras... It's hard to beat those.

This one is the best.
    Strictly speaking, Umami Daikon, ginger is a rhizome, not a root. But you're right -- the competition is fierce for best nibbling root. I would take the yieldingly explosively sweet crunch of a frost-nipped carrot picked in September over any of those, however, any day. I cannot give you sassafras or ginger, to my shame, but should you visit these northron estates I can provide you with radishes, potatoes, and carrots all in abundance.

That is indeed Andre, the baby cardinal who hatched not three feet from our garage door.

FLUUUUUUFFF!

Oooooooh, I can't wait to see Andre get all soft and feathery! Look at all those pin feathers that are going to turn to fluff!

Do you have pictures of the parents? I love cardinals.

The best thing is, you could technically say you are spending your mornings taking pictures of dinosaurs, and it wouldn't be inaccurate.
    Dinosaurs transformed to small fluff in the crucible of time.

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    I think they look more like undead grown-up birds that run on cuteness instead of negative energy.
    That makes me want to construct a big zombie budgie puppet or costume.

THEY DO!
    OTHER PEOPLE YELLING MAKES THAILILY YELL AS WELL

HELLO THAILILY

18. - Top - End - #768
    Titan in the Playground

OTHER PEOPLE YELLING MAKES THAILILY YELL AS WELL
    YOUR ANALYSIS RINGS TRUE
    HELLO THAILILY
    GREETINGS KNEENIBBLE

19. - Top - End - #769

Dinosaurs transformed to small fluff in the crucible of time.
    Many dinosaurs had that fluff, so that's okay

20. - Top - End - #770
    Ogre in the Playground

YOUR ANALYSIS RINGS TRUE

GREETINGS KNEENIBBLE
    *nibbles eyebrows*

Many dinosaurs had that fluff, so that's okay
    Dinosaurs were fluffy? ;___;

21. - Top - End - #771

Dinosaurs were fluffy? ;___;
    Some where, yes. T Rex babies had downy feathers, though they became the big ole scaley scales that we know and love. Basically all raptors where feathered, though, throughout their whole life.

22. - Top - End - #772
    Titan in the Playground

*nibbles eyebrows*
    Argh! My precious eyebrows!

23. - Top - End - #773
    Ogre in the Playground

Some where, yes. T Rex babies had downy feathers, though they became the big ole scaley scales that we know and love. Basically all raptors where feathered, though, throughout their whole life.
    By George, next you'll tell me that velociraptors liked to sit in laps and purr.

Argh! My precious eyebrows!
    I just wanted to preen them a little bit. ;___;

24. - Top - End - #774

Oooooooh, I can't wait to see Andre get all soft and feathery! Look at all those pin feathers that are going to turn to fluff!

Do you have pictures of the parents? I love cardinals.
    You must have missed the ones I already posted!
    *rummages around a bit*
    Here they are!

Baby cardinal update!

He's grown and fluffed up a bit, and we've named him Andre (or Andrea, if he turns out to be a she. Given my caterpillar-raising experience, I've learned to go with names that are easily gender-converted)
    Anyway, here's the most recent picture of him, and one of his parents:

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

*high fives!*

25. - Top - End - #775

NecromancerGuy

Any Kirby fans out there?

By George, next you'll tell me that velociraptors liked to sit in laps and purr.
    Only after they'd ripped off the nadgers of the lap what they was in and had eaten their fill of delicious organ meats, I'd warrant.

Dimonite: Daddy-Card looks on with barely hidden disapproval. XD
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2013-08-02 at 04:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

26. - Top - End - #776
    Troll in the Playground

My old headphones are held together by masking tape, and the cord has a short in it, so... I mean, they're still really good headphones, but... they'd be easily surpassed by a good new pair.

Oh, like I'd know the difference. I'd have to go outside for that.

Heheheh.

Oh, how horrible it would be to step out the door every once in a while!

Look at you, all proud and mighty...

J;___; I got lost on the way, and had to turn back. I'm so sorry. This world is a dangerous place for such a little fluffster as I.

I sent your, my, and Teddy's drawings from the other day to my sister last night, who also loves budgies. I am still awaiting her squee.

That's okay! More for me. I don't claim to understand not liking wine, but I can respect it.

Excellent... she took the bait. *takes advantage of the carrot trance to tangle up a big fluffy nest in FinnLassie's golden hair*
    Oh my! I hope you got back home fine! Sigh... *before closing the window, she gazes to the sky with a single tear in her eye*

Hehehe. I hope she finds them delightful.

Here I am, imagining you in pure shock, wee feathers trembling... "What? Some do not enjoy the wonders of wine? I... This is a feeling I cannot comprehend... But... I must accept people with different likings from mine! O, woe is me, having to stand such complex people!"

Oh, Kneebs! Do you think I would actually mind, you messing up my hair? <3
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

27. - Top - End - #777
    Titan in the Playground

So my dog had surgery today for a tumor in his leg. He's lethargic and limping a bit but seems okay.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

28. - Top - End - #778

Theoretically, yes they did! Except it'd be more a clicky, lizardybird sound.

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    So my dog had surgery today for a tumor in his leg. He's lethargic and limping a bit but seems okay.
    Yay! All Hail Shadow!

29. - Top - End - #779
    Ettin in the Playground

Yesterday, my mom called me worthless.

Today, she said that she meant to say it was pointless to ask me to do something, but the wrong word came out. I mostly believe her.

I have no idea why I'm posting this here.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

30. - Top - End - #780
    Troll in the Playground

Just as FinnLassie will scribble on your face, or poke you with long slender objects such as beech branches, becs-de-corbin, baguettes, or paint brushes -- so too I will nibble you about the ears and the eyebrows. It is simply what is done. *divebombs and nibbles*

;___; I got lost on the way, and had to turn back. I'm so sorry. This world is a dangerous place for such a little fluffster as I.

Ack! My eyebrows!

Knee should get a train. A train that goes OVER THE OCEAN.

I predict really funny sounding female-like sounds.

Wine for Sheep, you mean. (Ale sounds tasty though...)

Budgies nest in Finnish hair? THEY ARE SPREADING.

Dwarf Fortress is free! You could play it right now! You could become thick and giddy with wine, and be forging platinum statues before a teatime of bacon-wrapped water chestnuts and cheese cubes and fresh figs and hot roasted almonds and purple carrots!

Tee hee hee.

While I am appreciative to Devmartian's girlfriend for her sentiment, I am appreciative to you as well for yours. KEEP LOOOOOOOOKING *waits for the carrot trance to set in, for reasons*
    Ohhh. This Sunday is when they will be posted? :? *keeps watch*

*drools*. Food... Dwarf Fortress is much too much for me though, I would be overwhelmed!

That's a quieter Knee-sister giggle, but yes. Much closer.

*falls into trance, brain melds with Finn's causing a severe shock to both and sudden understanding of sauna*

Happy Birthday, most excellent Ovis!
    Thanks Knee.
    *mid response Birthday geeking*
    • I
    • Got
    • War and XP's
    • Start of Darkness
    • And Batman Under the Red Hood
    • AND OH MY JEBUS YAY HAPPY

Here is a cake for you.
    Spoiler
    Show

No, I'm sorry. Here is a nice summery cake.
    Spoiler
    Show

(All of that is edible -- the sand is brown sugar.)
    ... Bwhahahah!

Ohhhhh. Is it edible for newly delarvaed sheeplings?

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Any Kirby fans out there?

Only after they'd ripped off the nadgers of the lap what they was in and had eaten their fill of delicious organ meats, I'd warrant.

Dimonite: Daddy-Card looks on with barely hidden disapproval. XD
    That was amazing. I was going "KIRBY 64 CRYSTAL SHARDS" and then I ACTUALLY ENJOYED KON-WE.

Naaaah. I'm imagining all velociraptors as silly looking ostriches. Tyranisaurs are budgies.

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Good Hes OK and still able to walk, but
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2013-08-02 at 05:30 PM.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.