New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: World in Conflict

Tuglinok's blast strikes the wolf who seems to take heavy damage but withstands the lightning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    ...Silva, you are a scary person.
    Awesome Avatar by Derjuin

My Homebrew: Here
    The Necromantic Codex: A collection of necromancy classes, items and monsters.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Bugbear in the Playground

Griffon

Riordan punches the wolf.

Attack: (1d20+25)[30]
    Damage: (4d6+16)[30]
    Self Damage: [roll]1d6[roll]

Attack: (1d20+25)[43]
    Damage: (4d6+16)[27]
    Self Damage: [roll]1d6[roll]
    optimization is like salt. a pinch here and there can't hurt, but too much will spoil everything.

Wailing Death - Ryenos Shadowflare / Tyrael Lightbringer

My Homebrew: The Life Disciple

3. - Top - End - #483
    Troll in the Playground

The wolves flank into position mostly surrounding Tuglinok

The first wolf bites into Tuglinok who expertly cloaks out of the way. Unfortunatly another wolf comes up from behind and throws him back towards the original wolves.

The first bite throw deals 10 damage which provokes from all the other 3 wolves which deal 9, 11, and 12 damage. The last one grabs tug as he is flying back and tosses him back towards the original wolf the aoo's from the other wolves are 9, miss and 13. The last attack tosses tug towards riordan provoking from 2 wolves dealing 12 and 11 damage. The last attack throwing him towards the original pack of three wolves dealing 12, 11, and 15 damage.

Tuglinok's bloody corpse lies at the feat of the wolves who barely stop their relentless onslaught.

The rest of the wolves move to surround Riordan. One wolf bites Riordan for 13 damage before tumbling back through the stone statue. Another 5ft steps and attacks Riordan but misses.

4. - Top - End - #484

Griffon

Spoiler
    Show
    Summary for gabe: Riordan fights off the 10 or so wolves, killing one and the other ones retreating with critical injuries to lick their wounds in the statues. However, they have annoying healing abilities and keep rotating out so I can't really kill them (no natural 20s unfortunately) but they can't really kill me.

Riordan returns to the entrance and deposits Tuglinoks body. He motions for the guard. "It's rough out there... I hope you guys are getting close, because it's just me now. Do you happen to know what type of creature [insert wolf description here] is?"
    optimization is like salt. a pinch here and there can't hurt, but too much will spoil everything.

5. - Top - End - #485
    Troll in the Playground

The guards have no idea based on that description. The guard nods and says they are getting pretty close but that Riordan should probably continue onwards less the crazed mind flayer gets bored. Out of the corner of his eye Riordan spots another group of four by Sandro presumably to be sent in after your group.

6. - Top - End - #486

Griffon

Spoiler
    Show
    another group of four by Sandro
    Can you clarify this?

EDIT: Also what were the wolves attacking with, was it bites? As in, what type of damage was it (piercing, slashing, bludgeoning, or a mix?) And how much damage was I taking per attack?
    Last edited by Road_Runner; 2014-03-12 at 03:59 PM.

7. - Top - End - #487

Griffon

Riordan switches his armor from blurring illithidwrought to blurring greater anchoring (still wrathful healing). he's going to head back to the wolf area.

8. - Top - End - #488

Griffon

Spoiler
    Show
    Both Jace and Riordan are leveled.

After the ensuing commotion after Lady Akama's rescue, Riordan politely inquires when it would be possible for his allies to be resurrected, explaining that there was some urgent revenge that needed to be done. He will also ask if anyone would be willing to come help locate/kill Sandro.

9. - Top - End - #489
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Levelled. Though if Tug is raised first he'll let them known that its more important to kill Sandro first if it takes too much time to rez. Same with Vortigern, if he is informed about Sandro.

Also requesting stuff handy against vampires, if they happen to have anything on hand. Also eating garlic.
    Last edited by Demidos; 2014-03-14 at 01:43 AM.
    My Homebrew:
    WIP
    The Fortunar Base Class: A Fortuneteller wielding a minor Deck of Many Things. Mid T3.

Completed Classes
    The Grandmaster : A master of animated stattuettes and tactical magic. High tier 3.
    The Hidden Word: An infiltrator with a wide range of abilities that works best in small teams. Tier 2-3
    Web-Spinner: A martial class based around using webs. Mid T3.
    The True Warrior: A swift mundane martial combat class that can dodge and slice their way to victory. Low Tier 3.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Ya sorry bout that I was incredibly busy yesterday. I will post everything tomorrow. And ya Sandro's gone they aren't finding him immediately.

11. - Top - End - #491
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Lame. You May Proceed with plot then.
    My Homebrew:
    WIP
    The Fortunar Base Class: A Fortuneteller wielding a minor Deck of Many Things. Mid T3.

Completed Classes
    The Grandmaster : A master of animated stattuettes and tactical magic. High tier 3.
    The Hidden Word: An infiltrator with a wide range of abilities that works best in small teams. Tier 2-3
    The True Warrior: A swift mundane martial combat class that can dodge and slice their way to victory. Low Tier 3.

12. - Top - End - #492
    Troll in the Playground

Riordan returns with Lady Akama and there is much rejoicing. The guards stationed outside are frankly shocked that you actually made it out alive. They crowd around and teleport the lady away immediately and start scanning the remaining guards for illness or other effects. After finding them all clean but exhausted and physically weak. They send in squadrons of elite casters but they can find no trace of anyone else living in the mansion. They find this incredibly distressing as they had already shut down all teleportation in the area and that should of included any portals or similar devices and thus Sandro or Malygos should not of been able to escape. Either they didn't teleport out or they can bypass those wards. They bring the elves and Riordan to a portal and send them to the city of Akama. At first the guards are awkwardly dodging Riordan's questions about wether he can get a resurrection for his allies as they state that, "Resurrection isn't covered by akamacare" and then sheepishly cut off the conversation after that.

Luckily for him though the city and the towns people are greatly rejoicing at having their lady back and there is much cheering in the streets. Nobundo and Alarana are both incredibly grateful for your help and hold a feast in your group's honor and Nobundo himself is convinced by Alarana to resurrect the rest of your group. At the feast elegant dancers, delicious food and great song occupant you with a large portion of the elven high class. You do notice several elves looking somewhat disdainfully and jealously at you but mostly you can enjoy the feast.

You are allowed to stay at the City of Akama and Nobundo will deal with your payment tomorrow morning. You sleep peacefully through the night.

In the following morning however, tragedy has struck. Gilliunaru apparently left some kind of delayed spell or ability on Alarana as her body was found completely obliterated. Its guts and entrails exploded onto the wall of her room with the message, "Oh man. I may be dead and can't join up with an elder brain but I can imagine the look on your face. TOTALLY worth it.

-Gilliunaru"

Nobundo still meets with you in the morning but you can tell he is EXTREMELY EXTREMELY upset. Not with you in particular but you can imagine. He has already agreed to pay your group the mercenary reward for solving the crises (25k each (Jace doesn't get any as he didn't accept the agreement)). You are discussing your future employment and options with him now as you sit in his main office in his house.

Spoiler
    Show
    Non interactive cutscene for the win right guys?

13. - Top - End - #493
    Ogre in the Playground

Vortigern gives Aribeth some time to move away, and then vanishes, appearing next to the party again. “She’s a Vampire with the League. Apparently they’re calling for an alliance. I’ll tell you the rest as we go. She claimed that the parasite wasn’t with her, and so we’re clear to go investigate. “
    As they continue north, Vortigern quickly summarizes what he learned, then lists what Aribeth mentioned about Bleakborn. “Jace? You know anything else?” He also casts snowsight on the small group. When they get within a reasonable distance of where they’d last heard the thing, he asks Riordan to carry him, and casts spider hand. He orders the spider to move 180 feet ahead of them, and watches through its eyes, with the spider sneaking using its +15 to hide/bonus to MS (Hunting type). If there is any wildlife nearby, he will ask as to the direction of the whatever if they know of it.
    Last edited by Demidos; 2014-03-16 at 02:30 AM.
    My Homebrew:
    WIP

Completed Classes

14. - Top - End - #494
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Speak with animals is effecting you not your spider so it doesn't work like that. In this case the animals wouldn't really know much anyway.

What Jace knows about Bleakborn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Coated with frost they almost look like zombies. They are extremely well protected from physical attacks from their rough skin (High NA), they siphon heat from living things within 30ft of them and heal from fire and siphoning heat. Despite their cold frozen appearance they are not immune to cold either. They mostly kill things by hitting them with their fist and dealing extra cold damage from their fists.

Your spider form scouts ahead of your group and within about 5 minutes of you walking towards where you believe the "Parasite" is it hears rapidly running footsteps coming from the north west (Parasite is north east last time you checked). It is about 200ft away gauging from its sound and its moving REALLY fast towards you guys.

15. - Top - End - #495
    Troll in the Playground

Your group is currently split. Jace and Vortigen are in Tichnodrious the Nathraziem Confederation Capital after just receiving some crucial information that has long annoyingly alluded Vortigen's grasp. It is currently 8pm there.

On the other side of the world and a day ahead Tuglinok and Riordan managed to calm down Tsubaki from unstable sobbing vampire weapon to depressed vampire weapon. Still a step up.
    Last edited by Silva Stormrage; 2014-04-01 at 06:12 PM.

16. - Top - End - #496
    Ogre in the Playground

Random Thoughts:

Spoiler
    Show
    Far as i'm concerned, we're done in the Confederation.
    If Riordan wants to call Jace/Vortigern to update them, i'm sure Tug wont think of it.
    Tug will question Tsubaki about vampires and then about her abilities until he gets bored. Okay, he's already bored, and that's why he's asking. Not the point. Mostly he's interested in how "Strong" she is. No need to go into detail.
    Vortigern (if contacted by riordan) will ask for the descriptions of the cultists Tsubaki says she saw, and will attempt scrying them on the way back, notably the least caster-y looking ones.

My Homebrew:
    WIP

Completed Classes

17. - Top - End - #497
    Ogre in the Playground

Vortigern scries on people (see above)
    2 Scry's per person, starting with the least caster-y looking one, and definitely NOT scrying the dude with the headband.
    Stopping if I get any results.

Tug will keep healing people at the temple. I expect him to at least get street cred for this

Once we get back (things to do)
    --Talk to elf king to respectfully inform him that at current we have some personal issues that we need to clear up, but that we would perhaps be back shortly
    --Bond Jace to Tsubaki, both would probably be happy with that
    --Figure out if Tsubaki knows where the sunken complex is.

Feel free to cutscene whichever parts are acceptable
    --
    Last edited by Demidos; 2014-04-12 at 01:19 PM.
    My Homebrew:
    WIP

Completed Classes

18. - Top - End - #498
    Troll in the Playground

The eerie deafness as your group runs from the monstrosity is terrifying. Vortigen catches a glimpse over his shoulder and sees that the beast has already broken through the stone wall and purses in earnest, breaking through the wall much faster than previously.

Through the telepathic bond Tsubaki speaks in a worried tone to Jace, Do you have any ways of healing yourself, you are badly injured? If we encounter anyone in front of us you won't last that long in a fight.

Haste has 4 rounds left.

Your group's turn.
    Last edited by Silva Stormrage; 2014-04-27 at 04:50 PM.

19. - Top - End - #499

Griffon

Riordan and Tuglinok are going to get inside the portable hole, and Jace will pick it up and move 70 ft up into the tunnel.

"The only healing ability I have can heal 8 damage a bit of damage a few times, but that would take several uses to heal even a moderately small amount. I still have my wand of wings of cover to protect me, so as long as I don't get hit by more than one attack at at time (in which case healing probably wouldn't help me either) I should be fine. "

EDIT: Ok 8 damage is a probably a bit too metagamey, fixed.
    Last edited by Road_Runner; 2014-04-28 at 09:15 PM.

20. - Top - End - #500
    Ogre in the Playground

Vortigern also flees very quickly.

Very, very quickly.

Move action to get to a spot where the tunnel proper is visible, free action to teleport as far into the tunnel as is possible, standard action to unshape from blink dog form, swift action to vanish (around the corner, anklets).
    My Homebrew:
    WIP

Completed Classes

21. - Top - End - #501
    Troll in the Playground

Vortigen flees 50ft into the tunnel before blinking around a corner as Jace and his group flees through the tunnel.

Despite hearing nothing all of you can feel the tunnel shake as you assume the monstrosity squeezes to fit itself into the small tunnel.

A telepathic sigh echoes through your mind's ear. Oh man, I guess I should of been paying attention to you bastards. I figured one of those nasties buffed up would just tear you to shreds. Ah well dumb beasts will be dumb beasts I suppose. Alright going to go kill you son's of bitches before this gets annoying. And to the rest of you useless bastards I suggest catching them before I do as if I catch them faster than you I think I might feed your useless assess to the goloathama if you're lucky. Anyway good luck have fun kiddies. Eltab is on the hunt! Oh yaaaa! he finishes off with a telepathic shriek in your ears.

Your group's turn again.

22. - Top - End - #502
    Ogre in the Playground

Vortigern's form bubbles into that of a great white bear, and then continues its' headlong rush away from the worm.
    My Homebrew:
    WIP

Completed Classes

23. - Top - End - #503

Griffon

Jace is going to move just head of Vortigern's position, and cast wall of stone a short distance backward in the tunnel (going to block the whole tunnel as thickly as possible, CL = 10). By short distance, I mean whatever will make it so that if the monster full attacks and the wall is torn down then we will not be in attack of opportunity range even if the monster 5 ft steps (so I'm pretty sure that's 15 + 5 = 20 ft behind us but if its not then whatever that distance is).

Riordan at first just stands in the portable hole waiting, but then he gets bored at starts tinkering with the crafting wrights, much to their annoyance (and probably delaying Jace's crafting).

24. - Top - End - #504
    Troll in the Playground

The giant monstrosity continues to move its way through the tunnel but either has not reached or hasn't destroyed Jace's 4 inch thick stone wall. Your group's turn again.

Vortigen and Jace are 20ft from the exit of the tunnel.

25. - Top - End - #505
    Troll in the Playground

Vortigen begins to cast his SNIV and Jace stands ready to cast haste to insure their quick escape.

However, the beast plows its way through the stone wall and barrels towards your group slamming into the walls and slowing it but it still pulls up straight next to you.

The Shadow's Lunge towards Vortigen but seem to leave Jace alone.

Vortigen must make a reflex save.

26. - Top - End - #506

Griffon

Concentration: (1d20)[10]

27. - Top - End - #507
    Troll in the Playground

Your group manages to escape into the cramped tunnel as the Golothama thrashes around the entrance shaking the tunnel. Vortigen's thoqquas drill their way to the surface and you successfully escape, surprisingly however you find yourself in the ocean. Surfacing you find yourself incredibly close to the elven coast but still far closer to the ocean than you should of based on how you moved around in the cavern.
    Last edited by Silva Stormrage; 2014-05-07 at 08:49 AM.

28. - Top - End - #508
    Ogre in the Playground

Back in the city, Vortigern places a call to the head of the elven house for which they were working, whose name is remembered. "We have found the complex of the organization which we believe orchestrated the attacks and the death of your daughter. We broke in, but were attacked by a Golothama, an abberation of monstrous power, and forced to retreat. As we strategically regrouped, we were privy to telepathic contact with an entity named Eltab, who seemed to be able to control the abberation, as well as other cultists. Do you know anything concerning this individual?"
    My Homebrew:
    WIP

Completed Classes

29. - Top - End - #509
    Troll in the Playground

Nobundo Akama responds and appreciates the use of his name, What? You found their old headquarters. Thats incredibly useful. I shall send in a squad of arcanists to search the area. Maybe we can find some clues to what really happened to my daughter and figure out if resurrection is still possible. I don't know anything about those creatures or people that you spoke of but Eltab is actually a name in Abyssal hinting that the organization you ran into was a demonic cult of some sort. I think its more than likely they simply found a leftover aberration in the cavern and were using it rather than the cult still being up and active like you think. Still it would be best to route them out so I shall send some men there as soon as possible. Thank you for this information.

30. - Top - End - #510
    Troll in the Playground

After failing to find out how Selaron was connected to the devil cult if at all, You place Alastera into protection of the guards and place Jace as a proxy in case the cloaked figure or his associates come back again to extract vengeance. Captain Kuron takes her and places her into a system that they have worked out in case situations like this arise.

You stake out with Jake for the rest of the night but nothing ends up happening. You head back to the orphanage late (Around 3:00 PM the bakery is open late) at night when you getting a sending message from a local guard post telling you to come quick to the station. Alastera was the victim of an assassination attempt. She and her family are alright just frightened. Your group is necessary to figure out identity and for any debriefing necessary.

Upon arriving at the guard station you find the corpse being guarded and the items stripped and laid out on a table before you. Kuron explains that the attacker was attempting to sneak into the building and got pretty far before being caught and apprehended. He was wearing an insignia for the Silvanian League and several vials of poison and other typical rogue gear. He was holding a communication device but attempts to trace its source were in vain.

The assassin was an undead skeleton creature and wore a different style of cloak and hood than the previous cloaked figure Alastera saw. After Kuron gets that you guys have no more information to tell them about the attack he tells you he will tell you if they get any updates and you guys leave to go back to the orphanage.

Tsubaki speaks to the group cautiously, Something seems off here. *I* was able to sneak into and through the guard station undetected. While I was hiding from sunlight and near panicking. If the Silvanian League actually wanted her dead she would be dead. They wouldn't send a single assassin, they would send an army. Nobundo already has started to help Staghelm more so with the war effort and it would be smart to take out Iridil. And we already saw insignias and emblems of the Silvanian League back in the tunnel complex. We are missing something, either the cult isn't what we believe or the Silvanian League is being framed.

Also, another point. How did they find her? They shouldn't of known she broke her part of the agreement. Frankly she didn't, we didn't really learn anything important from her. So how did they find her? The only ones who knew where she was were, us, Kuron, and the four elven guards who transferred her to her protective complex. She was supposed to be immune to most divinations in there as well as assorted other wards placed around the complex. If the assassins could get around the divination wards it stands to reason that they could probably get around the teleportation wards as well unless they simply had an extraordinary diviner who was terrible at anything else. It seems more likely that they heard about it from word of mouth rather than divinations. Kuron seemed trustworthy but that leaves us, which is unlikely and the assorted elven guards. Could one of them be an informant? But if they had someone on the inside they could just use him to murder Alastera.

All in all this seems like a way too competent job at finding her and then a terrible job at the finish. I can't gauge our enemies strengths at all. Do you guys have any thoughts?