New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Rebellion: The Oncoming Storm

Ennis face palms. This is supposed to be a big bad dragon slayer? Must be one of Byron's weaker 'mon.

She goes over and picks up the berry. 'Keep at it kid.' She pats it on the head and places the berry in it's hands before opening the door and leaving to go get some food of her own. As she was about to leave, she turns back to the pathetic Mawile. 'Hey, kid. The boss man okay with you leaving this place? Could use a guide and some company.'
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

The Mawile stuffs the berry into its fur before hobbling after you. It grabbed your hand and pulled you through the main door. The sun was fairly high in the sky, it was still early and the Mawile was tugging you towards a suspension pedestrian bridge, the end of which you can't see.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

3. - Top - End - #213
    Troll in the Playground

Ennis just shrugged and let the little guy drag her along, making sure to release Mar and carry the Seadra in her arms while she went.
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ettin in the Playground

"Right..." Aidan thinks for a moment before nodding to himself. "Anyway, I'm going to see about sending a couple of the Pokemon I'm not using over to people who will use them - hopefully get some other additions to the team that are more my speed." He starts putting together the trade listings for both the Pansear he still has, and the Corphish he acquired recently, thinking about the current situation. "After that, some training I suppose. We'll meet back up later to figure out our next move." With that, he posts the trade listings and then heads out, deciding to look around and see if he can find anything useful in the area.

Spoiler: Trade/Wild Rolls
    Show
    Trade Roll - Pansear, Level 16 - (1d100)[39]
    Trade Roll - Corphish, Level 20 - (1d100)[49]

Wild Roll - (1d100)[83]
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Spoiler: Currently Running
    Show
    None ATM

Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    None ATM

5. - Top - End - #215
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

"I'm willing to call this an end to the Devon Mission if everyone else is. In that case, Byron, are we to report back to HQ?" Donny asks.
    Games GMed
    The Vanstermen: OOC - IC

6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"I'd like to try and do some research, personally. If this thing's half done, it would be even more of a waste to leave it that way, because then those people died for no reason at all. Byron, you mind if I ask you a few questions about our next potential target, and use your computer to do some research on stocks?"

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

Ennis
    The suspension bridge swayed beneath you and it took at least 20 minutes to get across it. You come to a rather large island and what seems to be a mall. You find a selection of cafe's and other eateries. You find one at a Hearthomian Cafe, who sat you down. The Mawile had guided you to it, sat down with you and smiled, big, up at you, before returning to the pointing to mouth routine.

Aidan
    Spoiler: Trades
    Show
    You can get these at the end of the day:
    Meowth for Pansear
    Drilbur for Corphish
    Both equal levels, nothing special, pick your nature/ability.

You walk out of the gym, you see that the only way off the tiny island the Gym is built on is a long pedestrian walkway. As you walk down it, you hear the calls of Wingull above you. And then another as it lands on your right shoulder. And your left. And your head. They squawk loudly, right in your ears, pestering you.

Others!
    Byron shrugged at the two of you. I can answer what I can. Donny, I ain't your boss. I mean, I am, but not for this. Sabrina shoulda said what ya needed to do when yar done. I ain't no economics expert, but the trade sites should have a good look at what their stocks are doin'.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ettin in the Playground

"Gah... more of these things? Get lost!" Aidan growls as he tries to wave the Wingull away, before releasing Kiran. "I'm telling you, get out of here before I let Kiran have you!"
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

The two on either shoulder screeched directly in your ear, Confusing Aidan and Kiran. The third hopped down and started rifling through your pack.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

10. - Top - End - #220
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

"Alright then. I'm going to take a walk. Are we wanted, by any chance? I'd hate to have to avoid arrest," Donny says as he leaves Eddie to sort through the stock numbers and other things. His own guilt playing a number on his conscience, Donny decides to put Sunny up for trade, along with the Relicanth that he caught on the way here. The Tentacool, however, could prove useful, especially when evolved. His thoughts were flighty and tumultuous and so he let Echo out to be his eyes in the sky. After linking with her mind he could only smile as she took in her new surroundings.

Spoiler
    Show
    Wild Roll: (1d100)[24]
    Trade Rolls:
    -Larvesta (1d100)[46]
    -Relicanth (1d100)[17]
    Games GMed

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ettin in the Playground

Aidan grimaces, shaking his head to try and clear it and calls out, "I warned you..." He swings at the Wingull trying to rummage through his pack and calls out, "Kiran, hit them with Electroweb!"

Spoiler: Aidan
    Show
    Confusion Check: (1d20)[9]
    Arms Attack(Unarmed) v Wingull:
    AC - (1d20)[15] v 6 + Physical Evasion
    Damage - (1d12+8)[9] Normal Physical
    Crit - (1d12+6)[7] Normal Physical

Spoiler: Kiran
    Show
    Confusion Check: (1d20)[12]
    Electroweb:
    AC - (1d20)[8] v 3 + Special Evasion
    Damage - (2d10+23)[32] Electric Special
    Crit - (2d10+8)[19] Electric Special
    Added Effect - -1 Speed Combat Stage.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Eddie nods and waves to them both.
    "Don't get into too much trouble on your own."
    Eddie, meanwhile, goes to the computer and hits a few stock exchange sites, looking up Devon's numbers at the moment, and any reports on how likely they were to bounce back soonish.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

Aidan
    You accidentally punch yourself in the stomach, while Kiran's web shocks you, but more importantly the birds, who fall off you feathers smoking.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Luck roll if you want to find a better spot for Fighting hunting

Donny
    As you pass over the bridge you pass some unconscious Wingulls, covered in still sparking webbing. You reach the mall, and start browsing around. You notice something out the corner of your eye. You saw your reflection in a big flat screen TV in the sales display of a electronics store. But the reflection didn't move with you. In fact, it moved completely independent of you, making crude gestures at you.
    Eddie
    You check some of the most obvious sites, all listing the same general info. Devon's stocks have dropped 33% in the last week, going from $180 a share to $120 a share. Thousand of articles predict further drops, though none seem to agree where it will end. Some said this was the end of Devon, while others said it would level out. Besides the doomsayers, most were predicting a leveling off within 6 months and most predicted they'd start recovering. Though no one predicted a fast recovery, in fact they all predicted a slow and painful recuperation.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

14. - Top - End - #224
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Once around the crowds of other people Echo refrained from flying to high and more commonly perched on Donny's shoulder. He browsed some stores, not really looking for much in particular, but then the reflection caught his eye. "That's not normal, eh?" he muttered to himself as he pulled out his Dex and began scanning the TV.
    Games GMed

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ettin in the Playground

Aidan grimaces, though the shock does the job of snapping him out of his confusion. He nods at Kiran and says, "Thanks for that..." before recalling the Joltik and continuing to look around... maybe there's some place around where Fighting types might be found...

Spoiler: Luck Roll
    Show
    (1d100)[64]
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

16. - Top - End - #226
    Troll in the Playground

Ennis waved down one of the waitresses. 'Mornin'. Cuppa black coffee and some eggs with a side of toast, or a croissant if you don't have that. Some berries for my Seadra. And whatever you'd recommend for this thing' she says, motioning to the Mawile. 'Something healthy-ish. Don't want to get Byron's 'mon sick. Thanks.'

Ennis pats the Mawile on the head, reassuring it that food would come as long as it behaved.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Dropping a third in 8 days with even higher losses expected. Six months to even get stable. If there was a recovery, it would be long and arduous. A giant blow to the warship production meaning a potential advantage on the naval front, meaning any ship captured or sunk on the league's side would be severe losses. Another blow to the weakened company might push it too far. Too crippled and it impacts everyone, after all. Maybe it was time to stop?
    Although maybe a few purchases in the next few months would be good...

18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground

Donny
    Your reflection flickers, returning to proper behavior. The dex pings Data Error: Incomplete scan. Hey! Hey Kid! What generation 'Dex is that? The store clerk called at you from behind the counter in the shop. He was young, not too much older than you, with greasy hair and pimply face in a stiff single color uniform.
    Aidan
    You ask around, getting mostly grunts and mostly unhelpful answers. You find a tourist center with a teenaged worker popping bubblegum, who simply points at a stand of pamphlets. Browsing them, it shows that there are plenty of uninhabited islands in the Canalave chain, though nearly all of them require you to swim out to them yourself or rent a boat or ride a pokemon. Most said the best place to find your pick of wild pokemon were these uninhabited islands, as well as Iron Island, if you got permission to go there.
    Ennis
    The waitress writes down your order before turning to the Mawile. She glares at it, who simply points at its mouth expectantly. She quickly thwacks it in the face with her notepad. Felicity, you know Byron doesn't like you pawning poor saps into buying you food. The Mawile growls, but just pouts. I ain't getting this troublemaker no food. You just came from the Gym didn' cha?
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

19. - Top - End - #229
    Troll in the Playground

'Yeah, he's working with some buddies of mine so we are staying at the gym. Where I met Felicity.' Ennis ruffles the little Mawile's head affectionately. 'She's no problem, not like I can't see I'm blatantly being manipulated. Or is it because Byron doesn't like her doing this? I have no problem treating her, but don't want to piss Byron off.'

20. - Top - End - #230
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Donny pockets his pokedex before answering. "Not exactly sure. Had to get it second hand and all the data was wiped when I did. Is there something wrong with that TV of yours?"
    Games GMed

21. - Top - End - #231
    Titan in the Playground

Ennis
    She ain't supposed ta 'cause she'll get fat. She perks up when you mention your friends were staying at the Gym. She looked left and right, then nodded at her coworkers in the back. She pulled out a chair and swung it around, sitting down backwards, resting her arms and chin on the backrest. So. How'dya do it? Her eyes glimmered with wonder and inquiry.

Donny
    It shouldn't be, what was it doing? He takes your 'Dex from your hands, flipping it around in his greasy hands before handing it back with numerous smudges of grime. You got an old ass Generation 3. Why haven't ya upgraded? The new Gen 6s are out! He pulled out a wallet sized red plastic square, with the familiar pokeball symbol in the center.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

22. - Top - End - #232
    Troll in the Playground

Ennis looked a little puzzled. 'Umm, berries? I just fed her some berries and she followed me...'

23. - Top - End - #233
    Titan in the Playground

Ennis
    No not Felicity. You know! The thing! The thiiiiiiiiiing!
    She stared at you expectantly, like you knew exactly what she was talking about.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

24. - Top - End - #234
    Troll in the Playground

Ennis chuckles when she realizes what the woman was asking about. Must be a Rebel member if she knew who Byron was and, more importantly, who they were.

'Miss, I'm not sure who you think I am, clearly you have me mistaken for someone else. And even if I was this .... other person, you should know that they could not possibly confirm or deny any involvement.' Ennis gave the waitress a wink. 'I am merely a girl with some awesome pokemon!' She held Mar up, Zelda style.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

While mulling over the numbers, Eddie decides to see what else is up in the world. Just because a city burnt down doesn't mean the world stopped.
    (Trying to find more info. Guessed rebel activity to see what other shots have been fired, mysterious thefts and attacks on businesses, the works)

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ettin in the Playground

Aidan nods to himself, taking one of the pamphlets to give him an idea of where to look before heading out to check the prices on boat rentals.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

27. - Top - End - #237
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Donny stuffs his pokedex back in his pocket, angrily. "Mine works fine. Not everyone needs the newest, thinnest piece of tech to get by." Feeling actual anger rising up, he walks off before the clerk can push him too far. The over dependence on technology was a weakness of people, one not shared by pokemon. Just another of the reasons he spent so long alone on the run. Being cooped up with people for the past... was it two weeks already? Void take it, time was playing tricks in his mind. Donny made his way to a Pokecenter and swapped his team around, as well as set up Sunny and the Relicanth for trades. They weren't a good fit with his methods and Donny still felt guilt over the fires in Slateport. Finishing his business there, he took to the streets again, feeling mildly calmer.

Spoiler
    Show
    Another Wild Roll:
    (1d100)[99]

Sorry if I bailed on what you had planned, but there are somethings Donny wouldn't tolerate. And at the moment he's feeling mildly anti-technology.
    Games GMed

28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground

Ennis
    The waitress frowns profusely, obviously unhappy with your answer. You're no fun! She stomped off, your food ready by this point. She returned with your food, but nothing for Felicity.

Aidan
    The tourist center also had pamphlets for that. It looked like a small rowboat would run you about ^500 a day, while a speed boat aroudn ^2000 a day.

Donny
    The clerks just stares blanky, confused as you walk out. There was a hiss of static before something pointy rammed into your back for 26 Physical Normal damage. A blocky... duck-thing floated behind you, its eyes glinting with anger. Oh Arceus, you again! I told you to get! The clerk pulls out a bat and approaches the mon, swinging it threateningly.

Eddie
    While you find nothing new about Slateport, you do find information on an attack at a Warehouse in Celadon. A small group of criminals broke into the warehouse, where a large stock of Silph goods had been stored. Whilst their they combated and subdued the guards, and killed the Head Guard and the owner's Nidoking. They stole a laptop and 3 HMs. The Ranger's are puzzled what they had came for, as they could have made off with much more than 3 HMs and a laptop.

You have trouble finding any other big news besides these two events, both dominating the news since they happened a week ago. There were a few reports of an extremely large Wailord spotted in the Southern Kanto sea and then again, more recently, near Sootopolis. Both sightings claimed it looked like a Wailord of immense proportions, but it quickly delved below the surface. No images had been taken. There was an older report about some group of teenagers fending off some criminals at a galla in Celadon, an article about Iron Island mine soon to reopen and a follow up saying it would help steady Devon's financial crisis.

There were a few articles about the League's reactions to the attacks, mainly pointing out that the League seemed on edge, and amassing Trainer's for its ranks. Logically, no news covered the Rebels, being, well, rebels.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Curious, Eddie looks at the article on the mine, to see how it's estimated to alter projections.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

With Echo nearby and still connected mentally, the command comes almost instantly. She dives down, mouth open wide in a silent scream of anger, and tries to take a bite out of the thing. Donny just pulls his knife out of his pocket and waits to see what happens next.

Spoiler
    Show
    Donny: HP 79/105
    Draws Knife.

Echo: HP 87/87, Def 5, SDef 5, Spd 9
    Bite: AC (1d20)[9] Flinch on 15+
    Dark, Physical: (2d10+19)[34] if Crit (2d10+8)[17]
    Games GMed