New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Towers and Thralls

That would be a yes. Although if it turns out it's just a crazy necromancer or something like that we are returning here to burn down the monastery. After all we still have to wait a couple hours for the dwarf.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Banned

MonkGuy

Rengis leads the group over the rocky mountain sides. Eventually he comes to a stop. And points across to the next mountain side in the distance, where you see fifteen skeletal goats. The skeletal goats seem to be just wandering up and down the mountain side, making the motions of eating the grass, but not eating it at all.

"Birds that get too close to the hill die." He points. Two bright red birds fly over to the other hill...and as soon as they get about twenty feet above the hill, they suddenly die and fall out of the air. The skeletal goats don't react.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

That is a very peculiar phenomenon for sure. Let's find the source of it shall we? Perhaps we can recruit whomever is causing it. I bet there is no love lost between them and the Ilmater monks. Better not bring the birds. Eliphas and his retinue starts walking towards the goats.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spellcraft to identify the spell (if it is a spell) causing the dead birds.
    (1d20+16)[24]

4. - Top - End - #274
    Banned

MonkGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    The efect would seem to be a permanet Cricle of Deatheffect. It could also be a Curse effect along the lines of slay animals. There is a chance it is an evil node or evil touchstone. It may not be safe for everyone to get within range of the effect.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Also you Eliphas points at one of the unnamed are going to walk a dozen feet in front of us. Death is likely. Lets see if you are the lucky kind.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Banned

MonkGuy

The unnamed walks ahead. Nothing seems to effect him as your group moves closer to the hill.

But as soon as he steps on the base of the rocky hill, the two closest skeletal goats look up from not eating the grass, and charge right at him.

Round 1

Spoiler
    Show

Initiative (1d20+4)[21] (1d20+4)[14]

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Eliphas starts sending out orders as the goats charge.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+6)[14] (1d20+6)[8] use the best result.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Banned

MonkGuy

Skeletal Goat One moves with great speed, launching itself at the nameless.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+4)[17] (1d6+6)[11]

Skeletal Goat One gores the nameless ripping into his chest and sending him tumbling to the ground quite dead.

You'd get to act before Skeletal Goat Two
    Last edited by jedipotter; 2013-11-04 at 12:54 PM.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

As the nameless drops to the ground Eliphas calmly sends out orders and steps behind the bear along with Jeff, drawing his rapier and immediately getting surrounded by smoke.

Jeff, music please, we need those goats dead. Rengis entangle them please. Twins, heal up the fallen, The rest of you start blasting.

Spoiler
    Show
    11 points of damage only puts him at -4, he is only close to death.
    The twins will go to him and heal him for one point of damage each, while staying out of melee range. Jeff will use inspire courage for +1 hit/+2 dmg and Rengis will cast entangle to prevent the goats from moving.
    The remaining four unnamed will cast eldritch blast at the goat.
    To hit touch:
    (1d20+7)[25] Damage: (1d6+2)[6]
    To hit touch:
    (1d20+7)[13] Damage: (1d6+2)[8]
    To hit touch:
    (1d20+7)[14] Damage: (1d6+2)[8]
    To hit touch:
    (1d20+7)[13] Damage: (1d6+2)[3]

Reflex dc 14 to avoid some of the Entangle's effect.
    Last edited by Tjallen; 2013-11-04 at 01:20 PM.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Banned

MonkGuy

Skeletal Goats Saves
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+5)[14] (1d20+5)[15]

The skeletal goats are free from the grasping plants.

The four eldrich blasts arc through the air and all hit the skeletal goat with the nameless blood on it's horns. The energy covers the skeleton for a moment and then it explodes into a fine cloud of bone dust.

The second skeletal goat in the immediate area takes two steps forward, but it does not leave the hillside it is currently on.

Spoiler
    Show
    And yes, nameless is only Mostly Dead http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...OnlyMostlyDead
    Last edited by jedipotter; 2013-11-04 at 02:05 PM.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Please take care of the other goat as well. And get that guy up and standing, we might need him.

Spoiler
    Show
    The other goat gets a nice treatment like the first.
    (1d20+7)[9] (1d6+2)[6]
    (1d20+7)[27] (1d6+2)[5]
    (1d20+7)[21] (1d6+2)[4]
    (1d20+7)[13] (1d6+2)[8]

And I beg you please don't link to that site, every time I go there at least one evening disappears.
    Please xD

12. - Top - End - #282
    Banned

MonkGuy

Skeletal goat number two is hit by three blasts, as that first nameless misses. Still it is enough damage to cause the goat to explode and be reduced to a cloud of powered bone.

The grass reaches up to entangle.....nothing.

Each of the other skeletal goats, 13 in total as there were 15 to start, on the hill lifts ti's heads and looks towards your group. None of the goats move.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Mage, do you do any illusions? I want to meet with the ones responsible for these goats. Set up a message if you can.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Banned

MonkGuy

Iziaslava "No, I don't cast such soft magic. My magic is all about physical things. What sort of message did you have in mind? I could create a hail storm that will clear the hill fast enough of the undead, especially with a couple eldrich blasts to pick off the stragglers. That would send a nice message, no?"

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I was thinking of a less rude way. Like big fiery letters or something. Guess we will just wait and see if the goats are all hostile, doesn't look like it. If you can't make the letters then lets try walking around for a bit.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Banned

MonkGuy

Iziaslava "The skeletons are not hostile, non hostile or anything else. They are mindless. They were acting out a play before. But look at them now watching us. They are being controlled. Actively. Chances are who or what ever is controlling them can see and hear us."

She says as she points at the 13 skeletal goats standing still watching your group.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Eliphas holds out his hands in a non-threatening way, and has the unnamed speak out loud: "We wish to speak with whomever controls these skeletons. We have some questions to ask, and perhaps a common distaste for Ilmaters ilk."

18. - Top - End - #288
    Banned

MonkGuy

The ground on the hill starts to move in one small area. The dirt and rock twisting and flowing. And out of that comes a floating skull. The skull is humanoid, but huge as it is roughly five feet tall.

The skull floats over to the unnamed that spoke "Speak. What is it you want?"

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"To rule everything, but for now, I am chasing a magic item said to be here, and for those insolent Ilmater worshipers to stop breathing.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Banned

MonkGuy

Skull "Bah! You shall not rule me."

The ground in the middle of the hill, so a good 80 feet from where the nameless stands at the base of the hill, starts to break apart and crumble as a huge skeletal giant starts to break it's way out from underground.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"How about joining up with me then? I have no fear of taking what I want, but I would rather not fight those who might be of the same mind, if you want to hide out in your hill, just waiting for the wrong group of do-gooders to happen upon you, be my guest. But if you attack us, you will perish."

22. - Top - End - #292
    Banned

MonkGuy

Skull "Oh I do fully intended for you to join up with me. You and all your companions. Your animated corpses will make fine 'shepherds' for my goats. Muuuhhahaahaha!"

The giant skeleton digs itself full out of the ground to stand twenty feet tall. Then reaches down to dig a massive wooden club out of the ground.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"And here I thought we could talk this out, I guess putting an end to you will be worth my time.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative:
    (1d20+6)[11] (1d20+6)[15]

24. - Top - End - #294
    Banned

MonkGuy

Initiative

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+4)[15]

You'd win the tie with your Dexterity.

Giant skeleton is 100 feet away from Eliphas Mastiff, in the middle of the hill. The one nameless is only 80 feet from the giant skeleton, and just five feet from the floating skull. 13 skeletal goats are also scattered around the hill, all 30 feet away or more. None of your group stand on the hill itself.

Round 1 your actions:
    Last edited by jedipotter; 2013-11-08 at 06:58 AM.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Rengis leave the vines up, it will possibly slow down the skeleton. Produce flame and blast it when it gets close. Jeff, get over here, twins whats the status on our sleeping friend? Unnamed blast whatever comes into range, with the big skeleton being top priority and the goats being lowest priority. after giving out the orders Eliphas manifests a fully powered vigor on himself.

Spoiler
    Show
    The unnamed will prepare to eldritch blast whatever gets into range, Jeff will continue playing, or if he stopped start playing again. Rengis will cast produce flame and the twins will heal the downed unnamed and return to behind Eliphas, who will cast a fully powered vigor. For a total of 40 temp hp.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Banned

MonkGuy

The unnamed is fine by now.

Iziaslava casts a Wall of Ice, putting it behind the giant skeleton, and blocking any of the skeletal goats from coming down hill.

Everyone readies actions. The giant skeleton double moves forward down the hill, 80 feet. Leaving it 20 feet away at the end of the round. But after it moves just 20 feet, being 60 feet away, everyone opens fire

Spoiler
    Show

Eldrich blasts
    (1d20+7)[13]
    (1d20+7)[9]
    (1d20+7)[26]
    (1d20+7)[10]
    (1d20+7)[8]

(1d6+2)[6]
    (1d6+2)[3]
    (1d6+2)[4]
    (1d6+2)[6]
    (1d6+2)[3]

Produce flame
    (1d20+7)[14] (1d6+5)[8]

Three hits for a total of 18 damage
    Last edited by jedipotter; 2013-11-10 at 08:03 PM.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Is the entangle still up? And if it is how close is the skeleton to it? Depending on that my actions will be different.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Banned

MonkGuy

Well....looks over things....the entangle would still be up, and the giant skeleton would already be in it (it covers the first 40 foot radius in front of your group starting at the base of the hill)

Save
    Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+7)[18]

So the grass does not entangle the giant skeleton at all, but slows it down. That would put it 30 feet away.
    Last edited by jedipotter; 2013-11-11 at 01:11 PM.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Looking at the skeleton close to him Eliphas manifests a blob of ectoplasm and hurls it at the skeleton.

The unnamed shoot eldritch blasts at it and Rengis hurls a flame as well.

Spoiler
    Show
    Entangling Ectoplasm 3 PP. Attack if it is huge, 5PP (1d20+9)[19]
    Eldritch blasts:
    (1d20+7)[9] (1d6+2)[5]
    (1d20+7)[18] (1d6+2)[4]
    (1d20+7)[17] (1d6+2)[3]
    (1d20+7)[15] (1d6+2)[5]
    (1d20+7)[9] (1d6+2)[4]

Produce flame:
    (1d20+7)[12] (1d6+7)[10]
    Last edited by Tjallen; 2013-11-11 at 05:30 PM.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Banned

MonkGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Skeleton is Huge

Your ectoplasim hits, further slowing down the giant skeletons movement.

Several of the blasts hit, blasting away several giant rib bones.

Iziaslava hurls an icelance at the floating skull..
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+9)[14] (6d6+6)[26]

Her icelance slams into the skull, smashing it to pieces!
    Last edited by jedipotter; 2013-11-12 at 07:55 PM.