Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Star Wars Saga: The Aftermath of Mizra [OOC]

A Long Time Ago in a galaxy far far away:

The Sith have united.

For twenty years the Republic had known peace. Peace was a word seldom spoken since Darth Ruin took up the mantle of Sith, let alone seen. During this unprecedented peace The Republic accepted new systems into their fold, and many speculated that the long war was finally over. So, the Jedi and the Senate were stunned when the new Dark Lord of the Sith united all the Sith under his banner. Taking the mantle of 'Darth' he led a bloody campaign deep into the Inner Rim.

IN an attempt to end the Sith menace once and for all, the Republic staged their forces for a daring counter-offensive at Mizra. Calling together its mighty armada and the Republic's greatest allies, the mighty Republic sought to drive the Sith from the Galaxy.

But the Sith won Mizra.

The Republic, seeing the battle was hopeless ordered a retreat under the guidance of Master Kooth Ann's Battle Meditation. But in a day of tragedies one more followed. Deep in battle meditation Master Kooth Ann was killed by a sniper's bolt. The surviving Republic forces left without the guidance of her battle meditation, were easy prey for the Sith.

With the dead still being counted, a terrified galaxy waits to see what the victor will do next.

Fleeing from Mizra a group of the Republic's finest heroes plot their next move.

Cast:
    Adalric Dooku
    Alestina
    Keiran Ramos
    Relia Ordo
    Tad Messi

RIP: None Yet
    Gwyn, The First Knight
    Karthull, The Lord of Slaughter, The Master of Death

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Star Wars Saga: The Aftermath of Mizra [OOC]

"I said I like FIGHTING, not killing." -Relia Ordo
    "Do all the good you can, in all the ways you can, to all the souls you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, with all the zeal you can, as so long as you ever can" -John Wesley

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

"If you have any last words, say them now". - Tad Messi
    Dark Slate Gray italicized to represent his thoughts.
    Last edited by Vertharrad; 2013-07-31 at 11:18 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

"All who follow the dark side shall fall." -Adalric Dooku
    "All generalizations are false."
    -Me

Please remeber the impotence of poofreading everything you right.

5. - Top - End - #5

"There are many paths forward but not all are good choices." -Keiran Ramos
    What I say should be taken with a grain of salt, as that is the best way to serve madness!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

"I am not yet appearing in this story." - Marro Zholl

7. - Top - End - #7

All right guys, go ahead and start discussing what you want the situation subsequent to Mizra to be.

I would like you to be on the same ship, but if you want a fighter to be flying in tandem (i.e. by a droid), I'd be fine with that.

If you guys want to have more survivors, that's fine, kind of decides your next move, but again fine. That said you can also say how many survivors you want on board. Just one or two in critical condition? Or is the cargo bay filled to bursting?

If instead you want to have gotten out of there without being able to pick up other survivors (for whatever reason), that's fine too.

We'll start you guys in hyperspace, a random jump to an empty sector of space while you decide your next move.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Of the five of us, I'm the only one with a ship capable of holding passengers. Is everyone cool with starting in that?

I personally think we should start with only a few survivors, if any. I doubt there were enough to fill a cargo hold when we bailed.
    -Me

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Henry the 57th View Post
    Of the five of us, I'm the only one with a ship capable of holding passengers. Is everyone cool with starting in that?

I personally think we should start with only a few survivors, if any. I doubt there were enough to fill a cargo hold when we bailed.
    I'm fine with that. As for my fighter, my T3 will be "flying" it (autopilot for the most of it.)
    "Do all the good you can, in all the ways you can, to all the souls you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, with all the zeal you can, as so long as you ever can" -John Wesley

10. - Top - End - #10

I'm fine having us start with more survivors(the alternates you know would be there at least). And besides I'm figuring that "we" would've tried to save as many as we practically could.

Our best course of action might be regroup with any survivors and get information on the sith's reaction to this attempted counter offensive. The more information we have next time the better our tactical ground will be.
    Last edited by Vertharrad; 2013-07-31 at 11:15 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11

I'm cool with either not being able to pick up survivors or having a small amount, but I'd rather not shepherd a hundred people around if it can be helped. Actually, that would be a rather interesting challenge. Rescinding my dislike for the idea. As for what my character would have done, he'd have tried to get as many survivors on the escape as possible without getting himself blown up.

We should probably be informing the next frontline about this turn of events before we go scouting. Unless we jumped away from the republic, in which case the objective is to get back there without being blown up. As a player, I rather like that second idea.
    What I say should be taken with a grain of salt, as that is the best way to serve madness!

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

I suppose I could go along with having plenty of survivors.

And I agree, we should be heading back to the Republic, not scouting, if we have tons of innocents aboard we need to get them to safety and also we need to be sure the wider Republic knows what happened.
    -Me

13. - Top - End - #13

So, am I hearing a longing for 10-20 survivors?
    Gwyn, The First Knight

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yeshon View Post
    So, am I hearing a longing for 10-20 survivors?
    Sounds ok to me. They'd have to be in the cargo hold, though. The ship only has room for 8 passengers.
    -Me

15. - Top - End - #15

Sounds ok to me. They'd have to be in the cargo hold, though. The ship only has room for 8 passengers.
    Dooku still has a medical droid right?
    Gwyn, The First Knight

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yeshon View Post
    Dooku still has a medical droid right?
    No. Protocol droid, utility droid, security droid.
    -Me

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

I'm not in this yet either. - Hallith Teberous.
    Last edited by Ralasha; 2013-08-01 at 10:30 PM.
    Internet currently unreliable, please have patience.

We require additional gaming! ... and Pylons.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Good Human Cleric(2)/Monk(3)/Ranger(2)/Sorcerer(4)
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

18. - Top - End - #18

Is fine, but be aware there would probably be some opening drama as you may lose some people in transit.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

19. - Top - End - #19
    Pixie in the Playground

I suggest no or few additional survivors. If we have many other survivors, the survivors will either have useful skills and become persistent npcs, or they'll be useless, wounded, or something along those lines, in which case the first thing we would do is to drop them off, and that would be that.

Actually, Alestina, Keiran, and Tad will be survivors that Adalric evacuates with him. Going over the other characters' backstories, here's my take on the situation.

Adalric was commanding mercenaries and house retainers at Mizra, so I figure either he was coordinating their retreat (and we need to explain where they went), or he flees alone, either because he's separated from them, or because they're wiped out. Since he's leaving on his own ship, I think the latter options make more sense.

Relia's working under Adalric, so it makes sense for her to flee with him. She has her own ship, so they don't necessarily have to leave the same way, but it makes sense for them to coordinate their exit destinations to end up together.

Keiran, with his parents, are on Mizra to "lend their aid". I read this as implying that they're not commanders in the battle, and so will be escaping in any way they can. Since he's not part of House Dooku, and not a mercenary, he's not under Adalric's command, but in the general confusion and desperation of the rout, it wouldn't be unusual for people on the same side to join together to escape, especially since he's recognizable to Adalric as a jedi. Do his parents survive? If they do, do they get separated from Keiran? Since they're probably even more badass than Keiran, it probably wouldn't do to have them around in the group unless they were injured or otherwise incapacitated.

Alestina is masquerading as a local ground commander for morale purposes. As the battle goes awry, either she changes her looks and tries to escape, when things go sour. Or Adalric notices the "local commander" when he's pulling back and grabs Alestina with him as they escape. If we go with the latter option, we have the fun opportunity for everyone else to discover that the commander isn't who everyone thinks he is.

Tad is supposedly infiltrating enemies at Mizra, but as far as I understood it, Mizra was just a staging point and the Sith attacked first. Perhaps Tad is undercover among the attacking forces and arrives with them at Mizra? Or he's at Mizra to rest between his incursions into enemy space. In any case, the rest of his mercenary unit "The Black Reapers" has been wiped out, so he's running, alone. One way to tie him to the others is to have Adalric be the one who hired them, so Adalric would presumably recognize Tad and take him along with them.

That gets us all on Adalric's ship and escaping together. Relia has her own ship, so if she brought it with her to Mizra, then we can say that Adalric and her coordinated as they escaped to end up in the same place.

I agree that getting information/checking in will be our characters' priority once they're safe. They want to know what's going on, and what to do.
    Last edited by Athany; 2013-08-01 at 11:53 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

In case I should, as was mentioned, at some later point be brought into the game, might I have a link to the IC thread so as to keep up with the goings on and not be left in the dark, and unknowing entirely of the situation as it is relevant at such a point in time?
    Internet currently unreliable, please have patience.

We require additional gaming! ... and Pylons.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Good Human Cleric(2)/Monk(3)/Ranger(2)/Sorcerer(4)
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Athany View Post
    Relia's... has her own ship, so they don't necessarily have to leave the same way
    She personally, is leaving with Adalric and my T3 unit is using autopilot on my ship.

22. - Top - End - #22

It's up to the players what their situation is starting out, but if we can't reach consensus by Sunday, I'll make the call as the GM.

Remember first thing you'll encounter is a holo-transmission, what you do after that is totally up to you.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

23. - Top - End - #23
    Pixie in the Playground

Well, the number of survivors doesn't matter to me too much either way - let's just get this show on the road.

We don't have any medical expertise right now, not even vital transfer, so I guess an npc in this respect could be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelGoldclaw View Post
    She personally, is leaving with Adalric and my T3 unit is using autopilot on my ship.
    Yeah, it works even better this way. (You are referring to Relia when you write "she" and "my", right?)
    Last edited by Athany; 2013-08-02 at 08:24 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Pretty much

25. - Top - End - #25

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Athany View Post
    I suggest no or few additional survivors. If we have many other survivors, the survivors will either have useful skills and become persistent npcs, or they'll be useless, wounded, or something along those lines, in which case the first thing we would do is to drop them off, and that would be that.

Actually, Alestina, Keiran, and Tad will be survivors that Adalric evacuates with him. Going over the other characters' backstories, here's my take on the situation.

Adalric was commanding mercenaries and house retainers at Mizra, so I figure either he was coordinating their retreat (and we need to explain where they went), or he flees alone, either because he's separated from them, or because they're wiped out. Since he's leaving on his own ship, I think the latter options make more sense.

Relia's working under Adalric, so it makes sense for her to flee with him. She has her own ship, so they don't necessarily have to leave the same way, but it makes sense for them to coordinate their exit destinations to end up together.

Keiran, with his parents, are on Mizra to "lend their aid". I read this as implying that they're not commanders in the battle, and so will be escaping in any way they can. Since he's not part of House Dooku, and not a mercenary, he's not under Adalric's command, but in the general confusion and desperation of the rout, it wouldn't be unusual for people on the same side to join together to escape, especially since he's recognizable to Adalric as a jedi. Do his parents survive? If they do, do they get separated from Keiran? Since they're probably even more badass than Keiran, it probably wouldn't do to have them around in the group unless they were injured or otherwise incapacitated.

Alestina is masquerading as a local ground commander for morale purposes. As the battle goes awry, either she changes her looks and tries to escape, when things go sour. Or Adalric notices the "local commander" when he's pulling back and grabs Alestina with him as they escape. If we go with the latter option, we have the fun opportunity for everyone else to discover that the commander isn't who everyone thinks he is.

Tad is supposedly infiltrating enemies at Mizra, but as far as I understood it, Mizra was just a staging point and the Sith attacked first. Perhaps Tad is undercover among the attacking forces and arrives with them at Mizra? Or he's at Mizra to rest between his incursions into enemy space. In any case, the rest of his mercenary unit "The Black Reapers" has been wiped out, so he's running, alone. One way to tie him to the others is to have Adalric be the one who hired them, so Adalric would presumably recognize Tad and take him along with them.

That gets us all on Adalric's ship and escaping together. Relia has her own ship, so if she brought it with her to Mizra, then we can say that Adalric and her coordinated as they escaped to end up in the same place.

I agree that getting information/checking in will be our characters' priority once they're safe. They want to know what's going on, and what to do.

I'm fine with this and considering we just withdrew from a total route 10-20 extras seem a little excessive, combat can get chaotic and people tend to scramble sometimes even if they don't intend to.
    Last edited by Vertharrad; 2013-08-02 at 09:05 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Athany's suggestion is also fine with me.
    -Me

27. - Top - End - #27

Sounds like we at least have a majority (if not consensus), I'll open IC on Monday.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

28. - Top - End - #28
    Pixie in the Playground

It might be useful to discuss the strengths and weaknesses of our characters and what roles we want to play, so that as the game progresses, we can focus towards said strengths and cover for said weaknesses.

Alestina's strengths:
    - npc interaction, both honest and dishonest, with the extra edge of being able to quickly adopt a useful guise first
    - building, modifying, repairing things with mechanics, and breaking security, with a side of use computer
    - can truly infiltrate the enemy (or even non-enemies) with impersonation
    - a few minor force tricks, including the rather interesting illusion, using temporary force points generated by channel vitality

Weaknesses:
    - vulnerable in combat, with both poor reflex and poor hp (wish I had rolled better), reliant on a personal shield generator
    - not very good at attacking in combat either, with poor attack rolls and no special attacks, instead relying on impel ally i/ii to give allies more actions
    - can hardly carry anything, relying on a labor droid and miniaturized equipment, and not very nimble either
    Last edited by Athany; 2013-08-02 at 11:27 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29

May as well get to know each other, I suppose.

Keiran's Strengths
    -Focused on being able to Deflect and Block pretty easily, cleave, and follow through for continuing the fight after he's felled an opponent; This makes him excel in lightsaber combat with multiple foes.

-Knows five languages other than basic: Huttese, Bocce, Mando'a, Old Corellian and Binary.

-Trained in three Knowledge skills (Galactic Lore, Tactics, Social Sciences) and can be a good font of information about the places we go.

-Has the ability to sense his surroundings easily and detect Dark Side users as well as resist their powers.

-As a Jedi Master, he is fearless.

Keiran's Weaknesses

-Doesn't have much in the way of skills, aside from Knowledge, as he only has Acrobatics and Use the Force otherwise.

-Doesn't have the same supply of powers that other jedi have and will run out quickly.

-Doesn't have much in the way of definitive abilities that would help him gain the edge over a superior, or even equal leveled, opponent aside from his powers, of which he has very few.

-No ranged weapon proficiency. This normally isn't too much of a problem, but should be mentioned.
    Last edited by Batpope Scott; 2013-08-03 at 05:33 AM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Adalric's strengths:

-Can sense and resist the dark side and becomes more powerful when fighting foes with a dark side score.
    -Has plenty of varied Force powers and a good UTF score to use them.
    -Trained in social skills like Deception and Persuasion, with a high Charisma to use them.
    -Trained in Pilot and owns several vehicles.
    -Good at avoiding damage with Block or Deflect or tanking it with various Force powers.

Adalric's weaknesses:

-No special melee actions, relies on double teaming opponent with Shield to win against melee specialists.
    -Low strength score, cannot carry very much.
    -Struggles in combat with large groups of foes.
    -No real skill in Mechanics or Use Computer, relies on T3 to do it.
    Last edited by Henry the 57th; 2013-08-03 at 09:44 AM.
    -Me