New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Artifact Hunters

Tevrier

Tevrier shivers at a burning heat so terrible it feels like a chill and staggers forward, blinking his singed eyelids open. Staring at the creature that promises to be his doom, the ranger's resolve hardens. Hefting his scythe high, he charges the powerful creature. "Die, you misbegotten piece of lizard slime." Tevrier whispers in the dragon's tongue as he brings the adamantine blade down.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack 1d20+15=32, damage 2d4+10=18. AC 16.

Tevrier drank a healing potion previously for +7 hit points, which should put him at 21 hit points.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Troll in the Playground

Default Pink Dragon is slain...

Anduran leaps upon the right wing of the dragon and batters hopelessly against the hard scales! This barely draws her attention, but she does swat him with her wing as he approaches. {d:8}

Ramona moves up and mashes her silver mace into the pink dragon. It cracks some scales both times, and she roars loudly in anger as she attempts to summon up her breath faster. {d: 14, 20}

Arha feels much better with her ring, and is able to escape higher into the staircase. She can feel the runes calling her to read them as she stands, she will also begin to feel immensely powerful in the pitch darkness. The silver on black runes are still readable to her..

Illanee moves up with Arha and looks at her most frightened, "What are you looking at?"

Sonny is close and can get point blank range on the dragon. Her snout is right at the doorway to the landing. Ramona, Providence, and Raven form a semi-circle at the door. Sonny's arrow shot fails to get under a dragonscale and breaks.

Valimar kind of wilts down the stairs, he is kind of bloated and exploded in places. Most of his stuff looks useless.

Lady Providence adds to the aid and damages the dragon some more.

Tevrier feels better because of an earlier potion he drank, and steps up to make the difficult attack alongside his companions. He manages to plow through a good few feet of scales on the dragon's face as he brings the scythe down upon the dragon. {d:18}

Sharon from the great hall sends another ball of lightning at the dragon, and zaps a dark spot on it with her orb. {d:13}

The crafty dragon had one more attack of opportunity {combat reflexes}, and it was waiting on the leap of Raven. Raven moves forward to make way for Tevrier, and the duskblade squeezes by the dragon's mouth as he makes his way for a running leap at the dragon. Raven is nipped as he moves by {d:14} the quick dragon. However his attack is the final blow. With one graceful leap he hacks off the pink dragon's head at its neck's base, cutting through scale and bones like butter. He is then drenched in hot steamy blood, that sprays from its body, also covering Tevrier, Ramona, and Providence.

The combat freezes, but only for a moment. The brief relief that came from Raven's might leaping hack is met with a horrible scream in your mind. Sharon in the air of the group now becomes aware of a darkness on the ceiling above the doorway, crawling along. She can't see it, but there is something there. Arha and Illanee are in the stairwell and see or feel nothing. The rest are inundated with horrible mental pain. Anduran and Tevier are stunned beyond belief.

The ceiling is 20 feet up, and the rest of you see nothing.

That was the surprise round, now get ready for MORE combat!

Will Saves:
    success:
    Sonny 15+4
    Ramona 15+2
    Raven 14+6-2

Failed:
    Anduran 1+4
    Tevrier 7+5

Out of STUN area:
    Arha
    Illanee
    Sharon

New Initiatives:
    Sonny 18+7 hp 37/38
    Sharon 19+3
    Arha 14+7 hp 28/35
    Illanee
    Dark Mind stunning thing on ceiling
    Raven 6+4 hp 20/49
    Ramona 7+2 hp 77/84

????
    Lady Providence STUNNED
    Anduran STUNNED 41/49
    Tevrier STUNNED hp 21/56

OOC- Ramona started battle with 7 hp of damage, but is now voided the heat damage.
    Last edited by BlueWizard; 2007-08-29 at 12:49 AM.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Troll in the Playground

Arha, feeling the power rush, looks almost irritated at Illanee's question, "The walls," she puts one hand on the wall. She starts reading.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Vaynor View Post
    Well you cheat, obviously. You're a druid, you can just cast Control Weather and call it a day.
    Chainmaille, Chainmail or is it Chain Mail?

4. - Top - End - #274
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateCaptain

anduran

anduran blinks a few times trying to figure out whats going on....and fails to do so.
    This is my BRUTE'S MINICITY

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ogre in the Playground

Sharon summons small globes of light, sending them winging towards the dark thing on the ceiling. (Casting Dancing Lights (4 spheres))
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

6. - Top - End - #276
    Troll in the Playground

Default Unhappy face

OOC-
    Raven and Ramona will fail saves before they can even act... things will be looking grim. I am pausing for Sonny, and unless he can do a miracle, we lost two more combatants. Sharon's light won't be doing much, and won't draw a mind blast.
    save:
    Ramona 1+2
    Raven 3+6-2

OOC- Also added Providence to the STUN list.
    Last edited by BlueWizard; 2007-08-29 at 12:48 AM.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Okay, Sonny's not much of a miracle person.]

Sonny

The thug is relieved when Raven beheads the dragon. He can't see anything on the ceiling to attack with his bow, so he turns his attention to the stunned ones instead.

Altough he has a bad feeling about the mirror's last change, he pulls it out nevertheless, trying to use it's powers to draw the stunned ones out of their frozen state.

He will run over to the closest stunned companion, and even knocks him/her to the ground, should the mirror fail to work.

He also makes sure that his smokestick and sunrod are ready to be used quickly.
    Troubles in Athkatla, an FR game about schemings around an ancient curse
    The messengers, a game about finding allies in times of need

Sorry about the lack of posting lately. I usually try to post once a day, but if it's server downtime, I'm in trouble.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Troll in the Playground

Default Sonny's miracle!

Sonny pulls out the Artifact-mirror of Freya and the face of the goddess peers from her planar home at stunned heroes. With a gaze she partially disrupts the effect, allowing Anduran, Providence, and Tevrier to resist it again. Both Tevrier and Anduran snap out of the mental fuzz, and can act! {Though Tevrier will fail the second mind blast with Ramona and Raven. Anduran acts before them.}
    Future Tevrier Save: 8+5
    Lady Providence fails to stir from her stunned state.

The little pin-points of Sharon's dancing lights disappear into magical darkness of more power. Something lurks within it, and pays only minor heed to Sharon flying nearby. Something snarling within was probably looking at the shimmering silvery object in Sonny's hands shining from the Landing room below. {He had to be near the entrance to get Anduran in Freya's effect.}

PAUSED ROUND 1----------------------------------------------->
    {OOC- Sonny will make his save versus the mind blast this round, so he can plan ahead if he likes. 15+4}

Initiatives:
    Sonny 18+7 hp 37/38
    Sharon 19+3
    Anduran 18+3 {PAUSED HERE}
    Arha 14+7 hp 28/35
    Illanee
    Dark Mind stunning thing on ceiling
    Tevrier 12+2
    Raven 6+4 hp 20/49
    Ramona 7+2 hp 77/84
    Lady Providence- Pink Dragon lady
    All will be stunned!

9. - Top - End - #279

Sonny

Sonny, still unable to see what's going on, goes over to Valimar's corpse, and checks if the healing wand, by some dumb luck, managed to resist the dragon's breath. If so, then he picks it up.

If he at least saw that there is a dark thing no the ceiling, he throws a shuriken at it, hoping to find out what's under the blackness.

Attack - (1d20+7)[23], Damage - (1d2+3)[4] BeatConcealment - (1d100)[68]

Sorry about the lack of posting lately. I usually try to post once a day, but if it's server downtime, I'm in trouble.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

OOC: How far away are the party from the Thing? I.e. if Sharon uses a fireball next round, will she hit the party?
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

11. - Top - End - #281

PirateCaptain

anduran

anduran sheathes his swords fast and grabs his medallion pulling it out.

"homebase,viper tango 1 code 86 expedite expedite expedite hop from internal not viable. coordinates zx1375mark2396mark7861 expedite expedite expedite."

dropping the medallion to hang on the outside of his leather instead of hiding like normal he turns and runs out grabbing a stunned person and possibly valimar on the way out

" RUN YOU FOOLS"

12. - Top - End - #282
    Troll in the Playground

Default Even More fall to Stun attacks! Mira?

No-one except Providence is stunned, when Tevrier and Anduran snap out of the stunning and makes his way back to the Landing room. Likely Anduran doesn't grab Providence, and urges everyone to flee with him. He quickly moves into the stairs and to Valimar's body. It will take a moment to gather the body. Arha and Illanee are above him, Illanee is now showing concern for Raven, and wondering where he is.
    "Where's Raven?" Illanee screams out to Anduran knowing something is wrong.

A female figure will appear before Anduran between Arha and him. Arha will at first think it is Sharon, because of the red hair and robes, but it is someone else. A third woman with red hair! Only Anduran knows this person... Mira.

Arha now surrounded with company stares at the walls in rapt fascination. She seems to be reading them, disturbing the others around her.

Illanee looks in horror and confusion at Arha, then to Anduran, and then sprints down the stairs with bow ready. "Halt!" orders the mysterious wizard woman near Arha and Anduran. She discourages Illanee's retreat by creating a fire wall in her path. "We must spread out to defeat this thing. It will only pick us off all at once!" Illanee looks angrily at the firewall blocking the way down the stairs.

"#$@% you!"
    Illanee sighs, and then adds, "What is going on?"

"I don't know... but my partner is in danger. So are you if you go down there." The woman looks to Andruan, and scowls when she notices Arha looking in rapture at the walls without ill-effect. "I wouldn't do that if I were you."

Once again the terror in the darkness unleashes its awful mind blast!
    {Tevrier, Raven, Ramona, and Providence are now all stunned.
    Anduran, Sharon, Arha, Illanee, and mysterious woman are out of the Mind Blast area. Sonny is the only one in the area of the mind blast that is unaffected this round!}

End Round 1----------------------------------->
    Battle Notes:

DARK LADY: Sharon is of average intelligence, but could still place a fire-ball well enough on the 20 foot ceiling to hit no allies.

Round 2 would begin like this.....

Sonny pulls out his shuriken a thunks it into some fleshy body. It doesn't seem to pain it, and a short time later Sonny will see his normal shuriken fall from the darkness.

Sharon blasts the darkness, carefully placing her fireball so the edge of it engulfs the whole darkness. Unfortunately, {7+7} the fireball does nothing, and the darkness continues to pay Sharon little heed. It does seem to look curiously {if darkness could look} at Sonny, the one with the Artifact.

Round 2 has begun---------------------->
    {OOC- I will accept a couple retro's here, since the party is in such dire circumstances. Arha, Anduran, Illanee, and dead Valimar are on steps blocked by mysterious woman's wall of fire.}

Initiatives:
    Sonny 18+7 hp 37/38
    Sharon 19+3 {Paused????}
    Anduran 18+3
    Mysterious Woman
    Arha 14+7 hp 28/35
    Illanee
    ALL ON STAIRS

Mind Blaster on ceiling

Tevrier 12+2
    Raven 6+4 hp 20/49
    Ramona 7+2 hp 77/84
    All in red are stunned!
    Last edited by BlueWizard; 2007-08-29 at 02:46 PM.

13. - Top - End - #283

PirateCaptain

anduran

" mira. glad you could come. spread out? in the columned hall or out side? and what is it?"

14. - Top - End - #284
    Troll in the Playground

Default Mira the wizard

Mira looks at her golden ring on her right middle finger. "I have two teleports left. I can get us out of there, but it might be close.... and dangerous. My main job was to get you out of here, but the stench of the Cthu... er uhm, the stench of that beast is everywhere here. Your friends, should we save them? I don't know who she is, Anduran, but she'll go mad if she keeps that up." She indicates Arha staring at the walls. Mira is beginning to become affected by the surrounding runes, her will is strong however! {OOC- critical save!} "We need to find a celestial priest."

{OOC- I am holding with those here. Mira will dispel her wall of fire if needed. She will also allow Anduran to borrow her teleport ring if the mission here called for it.}

15. - Top - End - #285
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Ramona

Gazing slack-jawed at the remains of the dragon, Ramona works desperately to lift her club, to roar in defiance of the unseen menace above. Instead, her breath rasps hollowly in her chest.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

16. - Top - End - #286

PirateCaptain

anduran

"yes mira we need to save them...all of them....even.........providence"

17. - Top - End - #287
    Troll in the Playground

Default Mira and company to the rescue!

Mira will sigh heavily and look to the others around her. "Grab hold of me if you are coming." She looks strangely at Arha. "We can leave her. I wouldn't mind." She is a little bothered by the drow, but trusts that Illanee is with Anduran. "When we get in the chamber, scatter like mad. I am going to put us in a little distance. We have to kill this thing, I don't think saving your friends would be best. We have to kill this thing. It will only lure us in near it. The effect I believe that hit you Anduran was like that of an illithid's mind blast. They will do it all day if needed."

She will leave without Arha. She leaves the fire wall up.

18. - Top - End - #288

PirateCaptain

anduran

once teleported inside the chamber anduran imediately scrambles diagonally to the right side and other end from the entrance chamber they were being stunned at where the dragons headless corpse lies.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground

(Assuming Sharon sees/hears all this occur-- if not, I'll rewrite my action.)

Seeing Arha left by herself after the stranger teleports the others, Sharon flys up to where the sorceress still stands. "Come on. Stop wasting time."

20. - Top - End - #290
    Sheriff in the Playground Administrator

Raven

Raven stands stunned. He is coated in hot dragon blood, having divided the beast from its head. More direct and consuming than the unsettling mind-effects of this place, the present stunning holds him in place, all thought seemingly lost.
    Forum Rules

Sheriff Roland by Chris the Pontifex

21. - Top - End - #291
    Troll in the Playground

Default Sharon's point of view

Sharon cannot see those in the stairwell, and won't be able to see them when they teleport into the greater chamber, for gliding upon the wild magic, Mira will bring those going with her scattered in the darkness.

Sharon will only see Sonny, and stunned ones in the dim glow that comes from Sonny's artifact mirror. The ones with Mira will be coming shortly.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

Sharon attempts another fireball, positioned like the first. Her harnessing of the magic energies turn the fire to ice as it erupts, striking into the darkness.

(Fireball, cold substitution.)

23. - Top - End - #293
    Troll in the Playground

Arha suddenly turns, "I'm coming as well," and reaches out for Mira's sleeve.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

Well you cheat, obviously. You're a druid, you can just cast Control Weather and call it a day.

24. - Top - End - #294

Sonny

Altough the shuriken failed to do any damage, it made clear that there's something in the darkness on the ceiling. Something tangible, made out of flesh. He quickly switches to his bow again, in hope that it's magical enhancements will provide useful against the thing.

Hey ugly, need the shiny thing?! Show yourself! And come over here!

Attack - (1d20+5)[11], Damage - (1d8+2)[4], BeatConcealment - (1d100)[11]

25. - Top - End - #295
    Troll in the Playground

Default Sonny is stunned!

Round 2 will stand as suggested.
    Sonny tries his shuriken and fails, Sharon's fireball fizzles.
    {OOC- These are now set in stone actions.}

Anduran's associate, Mira, will nearly leave Arha behind, but waits for the wizardess to grab hold of her robe. Mira then wills her ring to teleport them all to an area roughly described by Anduran in the great chamber. He did get an idea of the large cavern when he was in it, and could see that the large columns were evenly spaced... he did the math, and found that this chamber is even bigger. Mira appears in the darkness, but the sounds of Sonny's shuriken falling to the stone floor could be heard nearby. The utter darkness seems to continue on behind them.

Arha, Illanee, Mira, and Anduran are now in the great chamber, they are all scrambling away from each other. Illanee follows a different path, which happens to be a bee-line for the action... though as stealthy as she can be. The rest scatter and separate. {OOC- I'll allow Anduran to plan the distance you all are from the combat. Prearranged with Mira.}

Sonny will never get a chance to lift his bow. For the beast on the ceiling once again blasts him with the psionic scream. The mind blast stuns the man with the mirror. Sonny is now stunned, the mirror dangles precariously in his hands... {though I guess he put it away before he threw the shuriken.}

End Round 2---------------------------------->

Sharon can tell what ever she hit with the fireball has a high magic resistance, possibly higher than she'd care to find out. She does become aware of some figures that are now running about nearby...

{OOC- I will allow a retro here... sorry about the delay in this battle, but I want to make sure everyone left unstunned can post their truly desired action. A secret tally of rounds is being kept for the stunned ones, so far no-one is close yet.}

Initiatives:
    Sharon 19+3
    Anduran 18+3
    Mysterious Woman
    Arha 14+7 hp 28/35
    Illanee
    Mind Blaster on ceiling

Sonny 18+7 hp 37/38
    Tevrier 12+2
    Raven 6+4 hp 20/49
    Ramona 7+2 hp 77/84
    All in red are stunned!
    Last edited by BlueWizard; 2007-08-31 at 03:30 AM.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Dwarf in the Playground

Tevrier

Caught by the mindblast, Tevrier stands stupidly and defenselessly out in the open. His eyes wander about, focusing on random objects and shapes that don't seem important... certainly not important enough for him to move.

Freya's will lifts the paralyzing haze, and the ranger shakes his head violently, throwing off his evil-induced stupor. He snarls at the creature he can't see and reache for a throwing axe-

Again a wave of stupifying deadness washes over Tevrier. His mouth falls slack, its call of defiance crumbled, and the stunned man's arms fall limp and useless by his side.

27. - Top - End - #297

PirateCaptain

anduran

(40 feet in was the plan)

having scrambled to 50 feet away from the beast he turns and fires two shots from his bow at it(i did say he switched out his weapons to ranged again didnt i? if not he was doing that while scambling)

attack 1 - (1d20+10)[30]
    attack 2 - (1d20+5)[9]
    damage 1 - (1d8+3)[10]
    damage 2 - (1d8+3)[8]

28. - Top - End - #298

Sonny

The thug stands dazed as the mind blast hits him for the first time.

(ooc: Yes, Sonny put away the mirror before attacking the thing. Sorry for not writing this down.)

29. - Top - End - #299
    Troll in the Playground

Arha gets as far from the others as she can.

((not sure what else she can do this round))
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

30. - Top - End - #300
    Troll in the Playground

Default Vampiric Illithid Revealed and some Allies are back... A GREAT LOSS

Sharon's ice ball fizzles on the darkness.

Anduran follows the failed spell with a shot of his own. He can hear the arrow sink into flesh, however, it seems that his arrow suffered the fate that Sonny's shuriken did and fell clattering to the floor. The other shot missed and broke on the stone ceiling. This creature must also have damage resistance other than magic!

Mira looks to Anduran and speaks in a thought to him, "I have learned 'brother' to speak the way of the mind. I can only do it for a short time. If you want me to save these friends of yours you will need to lure away the beast. I will dimension door into the landing, and wait your orders there. I will not emerge until the beast is 60 feet away. I am thinking it is an intelligent illithid. Really Anduran you know you shouldn't be going into their territory yet, you're too young, and inexperienced. I'm too young to do that! The rest of the lot are mindless curs that follow the hive mind. You get one of these rogues... yuck!"
    {Anduran... and so would Tevrier, would begin to sense this fully. This is an abberration, but something is different. Anduran would notice if he could that d:3 hp of blood SHOULD BE on the arrow. The arrow did take longer to fall out.}

Mira dimension doors away... hopefully into the Landing. Anduran would have been informed that dimensional travel in some abberant structures like this were held together by evil magic infused with the air and rock here.

Arha moves into the darkness, she feels it pulling her, and calling to her. She moves away from falling arrows and shurikens. This draws her deeper into the chamber away from the Landing.

Illanee takes another angle of approach on the darkness on the ceiling, but moves to within 30 feet of Raven's stunned body. She fires one arrow shot, and it comes down with Anduran's arrow.

The monster drops from the ceiling toward Sonny by the door. As the thug is pulled into the darkness, there is a tinkling and great shattering of glass, as the monster destroyed the great mirror. Where ever Sonny stashed the powerful magic Mirror of Freya, the monster spied it. He didn't even reach in, just smashed it in one fell punch. Sonny feels pain, and a cold soul draining feeling! {d:11 neg lvls: 2} For some reason he also feels cold snakes against his face in the scary dark.

As the mirror is shattered and Sonny feels intense pain, a brilliant golden light appears and fills the entire massive chamber with a golden light. The black walls look majestic, temporarily blotting out the symbols of Cthulhu on the many thick columns in a holy glow. This chamber is hundreds of feet wide and deep. Only 20 feet tall.

The darkness of the horrible beast is removed. This beast is like no beast you have ever seen. Even those who were unfortunate to meet illithids, never had seen this. This particular one was twisted and foul. It has mottled and grey skin, a hunched posture, and long talons for hands. Those who have never seen an illithid, will see that its face is a flattened octopoid head with four long tentacles dangling from it mouth. These eyes were white and vacant. The illithid has yet to grasp Sonny in its mind eating tentacles, but has punch into the sack containing the mirror and into Sonny's stunned side. The monster looks intent on eating this ones mind.

This whole scene's backdrop is a headless corpse of a relatively small pink dragon unloading its blood still from its neck.
    Mira can only gasp, "An undead illithid."

All of this lit up magically in a spring-like golden light. Arha will snap to herself again, and no longer hear the voices in her head. Even the stunned ones will be offered relief again. For standing in some illusion image before all was the gorgeous avatar of Freya. She wore a fine green and gold gown, and the holograph hardly did her justice, but it still inspires all of you. {+2 Freya bonus.} She merely smiles kindly upon you all even the bothered and frightened illithid.

Freya's Refreshing Resave:
    Success
    Raven+6-2+2
    Tevrier 19+5+2
    Lady Providence

Sonny 3+4-2+2
    Ramona 7+2+2

Lady Providence, Raven, and Tevrier can all now act. They have no weapons in their hand but, they are back in action, and will go now BEFORE the undead illithid

End Round 3------------------------------------->

Initiatives:
    Tevrier
    Raven hp 20/49
    Providence
    Sharon 19+3
    Anduran 18+3
    Mysterious Woman
    Arha 14+7 hp 28/35
    Illanee
    Vampiric Illithid

Sonny 18+7 hp 26/38 {-2 levels}