New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Artifact Hunters

Valimar Kil'ana

Searching the sky for this new threat, Valimar chants softly, and his fingers flicker through practiced movements as he summons a shield of force. When done he draws his wand and stands ready beside his friends, gritting his teeth, strikingly white against his ebony skin. "Here we go again..."

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting shield and drawing wand... if he can't do that this round, then he will at the beginning of next round.
    Last edited by Ruik; 2007-07-08 at 03:55 AM.
    Damn I like my Ceikatar!

Spoiler
    Show

- I still worship you TSO

Spoiler
    Show

*wanders out whistling All Along the Watchtower cover*

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!!

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Ramona

Having seen and felt the power of dragon breath...breaths...Ramona also scatters away from the others, clutching her bow. Her night-eyes peer into the gloom and fog, and wait for a target.

Spoiler
    Show
    Since this is Ramona's fifth, she is definitely also jumping to the conclusion that it's another dragon. If there is a flying target on her action, she will move away from the others and fire once. +10 attack for 1d8+7.

If a dragon lands among them before her action, she'll drop the bow, grab her club and charge it, slamming it two-handed into the creature. +13 attack for 1d8+9 and fear effect.

And...if it turns out not to be a dragon or obviously hostile, she'll still scatter, but then hold off on further action until she knows what's up.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sonny

When Tevrier shouts "dragon", Sonny quickly reaches into his hidden pockets, and pulls out a wand, and with it's magical power, he doubles in size, to better match the supposedly large enemy.

What the f... - you can hear him cursing as he moves towards the place where he thinks the enemy is.
    Troubles in Athkatla, an FR game about schemings around an ancient curse
    The messengers, a game about finding allies in times of need

Sorry about the lack of posting lately. I usually try to post once a day, but if it's server downtime, I'm in trouble.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Sharon casts true strike, waiting for the thing to show itself.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

Default Pink Dragon attacks!

Above all of you something screeches, those of you with ANY arcane knowledge can mistake this as nothing other than some sort of dragon! A HUGE shadowy pink colored shape descends upon you through the fog. Everyone can be alerted by the quick ranger's warning.

Arha sees the shape and blasts the dragon with her readied lightning bolt! Unfortunately the crackling bolt fizzles as the dragon's magic resistance kicks in!

Sonny uses his wand to double his size, but still is smaller than the descending beast!

Valimar, casts Shield and uses a move to pull out the wand.

Anduran fires his bow with deadly accuracy, but finds the tough scales of this beast too much for his second shot! {13+10 dam:8; 15+5 deflection}

Sharon fans out and casts True Strike on her crossbow, as the thing comes down.

Ramona moves away from the group quickly, and fires a shot at the falling dragon. Her shot is not strong enough to break through the scales! {8+13}

Raven is warned on the in-coming dragon and casts True Strike himself, and crouches in wait to attack!

Tevrier warned the party loudly and moves away from them into the brush going a seperate direction that Ramona did! He hurls his bola at the huge beast! {{15+9 Str 15+10} The bola is puny compared to the huge dragon coming down with full wings expanded, it strikes the dragon's shoulder, but is almost busted as the dragon easily breaks free of it.

The pink dragon comes down. Hard! It sees Sonny double in size and avoids him, targeting the front of the group. It decides to land on the two mean looking guys in front {Anduran and Raven}
    Crush Save:
    Anduran 6+8 {dam: 18}
    Raven 6+3 {dam:18}
    {both failed}

Both of the front rank are pinned, and in the foggy landscape you can now see that upon the back of this huge, fully pink dragon with red glowing eyes, is an attractively shaped woman in full pink dragonscale armor. She snarls in anger at the group! "You killed my father! Prepare to die!"

End Round 1---------------------------------->

Initiative:
    Arha 18+7
    Sonny 18+7
    Valimar 14+4
    Anduran 15+3 hp 31/49
    Sharon 12+3
    Ramona 8+2
    Raven 5+4 hp 22/40
    Tevrier 1+2
    Pink Dragon/ Dragonrider Lady
    Last edited by BlueWizard; 2007-07-08 at 04:30 PM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Anduran

" now hold on just who is your father we supposedly killed. I hope it wasnt that wizard that tried to lead us into an ambush back in nerise, because if so you should be blaming princess arianna for ordering him to try to kill us."
    This is my BRUTE'S MINICITY

7. - Top - End - #37
    Sheriff in the Playground Administrator

Raven

Raven gets crushed hard, paying the price for his lax attention and slow reflexes. While anyone who had seen him in action could attest, he was quick once in motion, but slow to get started sometimes.

As the dragon bowls over him and pins Raven to the ground, he grunts and tries to move. I hope Illanee got clear. I hope she shoots the beast right through the eye. With grim determination, Raven attempts to free himself from the bulk of the beast.

Spoiler
    Show
    Opposed Grapple Check - (1d20+11)[20]
    Forum Rules

Sheriff Roland by Chris the Pontifex

8. - Top - End - #38

Sonny

Shoot the lass down! - Sonny shouts to the archers, and charges the dragon, trying to get Raven out from the heels of the beast. Raven could jump and take the girl out with one swing, if he wasn't pinned down.

Spoiler
    Show
    If the dragon is no bigger than Huge, attempt to Bull Rush it with +8 at opposed strenght check. If the dragon is bigger the Huge, attempt to strike it with Stuning Fist vs fort save dc 13. Big time.
    Attack +6, damage d8+4, sneak attack damage +3d6, should someone flank it for me.
    Last edited by amanodel; 2007-07-09 at 05:14 PM.

Sorry about the lack of posting lately. I usually try to post once a day, but if it's server downtime, I'm in trouble.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Dwarf in the Playground

Valimar Kil'ana

Valimar grits his teeth in anger and points his wand at the female rider, unleashing a swarm of magic missiles. "Fool! We only defend ourselves when attacked!"
    Damn I like my Ceikatar!

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!!

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

Arha scatters and casts Spectral Hand

Spoiler
    Show
    she loses 1d4 hit points, gives +2 bonus on melee touch attack roll, pg 282 of PHB
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Vaynor View Post
    Well you cheat, obviously. You're a druid, you can just cast Control Weather and call it a day.
    Chainmaille, Chainmail or is it Chain Mail?

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Ramona

A wizard lead you guys into an ambush too? Wonner if it were the same wizard?

Ramona couldn't see any easy way of reaching the woman with her axe, so found what cover she could in the terrain and fired off a pair of arrows at the pink lady. She whispers to the bow.

C'mon. Make Davon proud.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack +10/+5 with bow for 1d8+7, 5' step towards cover.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

Sharon opts for another spell, instead of a crossbow bolt, sending twin rays of fire at the dragonrider.

(Casting scorching ray, 2 rays, ranged touch attack of +26, 4d6 damage per ray. Spell resistance, if applicable (15 is her DC).)
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

Default Round 2: Pink Dragonrider

Arha sprints from the group and casts Spectral hand 30 feet away. She feels the cold pain of this spell. {d:1}

Sonny is far too small to Bull Rush the Dragon, but can try to pound his fist into it. {20+8 not crit 10+8 dam: 6} Sonny slams his fist hard into the dragon and can see he did minimal, but effective damage. {OOC- This can be retro'd.}

Valimar sends his Magic missles at the dragon and finds more bad luck with spell resistance!

The woman in pink dargon scale glares through her pink draconic helmet, "You! You are not one of them. Leave and you will live!" The dragon doesn't let up from squashing him though. {He can assist Raven with the lift. Raven will have a better chance of doing it.}

Sharon transfers her magic to her spell and aims at the woman in pink.{19+26 d:15 and SR 13+26 d:15} A strange protection orb from the dragon protects the rider. However, one of the streams of fire gets through the dragon's resistance and fries the girl. She screeches angrily!

On Ramona's two shots she finds just how tough the girl's pink dragonhide armor is. {8+10 and 12+5} Both her mighty arrow shots fail to penetrate as well.

The counter pin from Raven fails to work even with Farlgort's added help. {OOC- I rolled a 19 }

Tevrier from his hidden spot takes aim with his bow. This isn't much more effective. {5+8 miss 1+8 fumble... } He clips Sonny in the group, scratching the enlarged new ally on accident. {d:2}

Raven and Anduran can feel the life breath being pushed out of them, and it is possible that it could crush them still. It instead leaps up into the air and unleashes a puff of hot steam over the party sizzling the flesh of the humanoids around it.

Save:
    all fail {d:27}
    Sonny 6+10
    Sharon 7+8
    Raven 7+3
    Anduran 2+8

The boiling blast fires all of them, and Raven and Sharon stop moving. Anduran and Sonny look in bad shape, but are still conscious with boiled reddish-pinked flesh!.

End Round 2------------------------------>

Initiative:
    Arha 18+7 {-1}
    Sonny 18+7 11/38
    Valimar 14+4
    Anduran 15+3 hp 4/49
    Sharon 12+3 {-2/25}
    Ramona 8+2
    Raven 5+4 hp -3 /42
    Tevrier 1+2

14. - Top - End - #44

Raven

Raven mutters a 'thank you' to Thor, pleased that the beast got up off of him, but before he could take his revenge for that first ignominious assault, the pink dragon breath him into darkness.

[OOC: I suppose theoretically, he could be revived before his turn, but if not this is my post for this turn.]
    Forum Rules

Sheriff Roland by Chris the Pontifex

15. - Top - End - #45

PirateCaptain

anduran

" have it your way then. BLACK ARROW"

anduran reaches into his quiver activating the hidden magic it contains and pulls out an arrow glowing with black energy, which he fires at the dragon.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

Default Sonny's attack of opportunity!

Sonny missed an AoO when the dragon leapt away, before the breath damage!
    {7+8} His fist glances off the tough scales of the dragon.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Ramona

SO much death. Is this any life for Tev and me?

Sparing no more than a glance for her fallen new companions, Ramona fires another pair of arrows in the air at the dragonrider. She continues to slip around to the side, looking for a clear path for a charge should the dragon land again.

Spoiler
    Show
    Two shots, attack and damage (1d20+10=29, 1d20+5=22, 1d8+7=9, 1d8+7=8)

Critical threat on first arrow:
    Critical confirmation (1d20+10=11)
    Crap - keep forgetting that you do the rolling: well, +10/+5 attack, 1d8+7 damage.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

Default Illanee's missed attacks!

Retro: Forgot all important Illanee from the group. At the first alert from Tevriier ahe went to run for cover. She blends in with the shadows, and moves to the side getting out her bow for the second round. Her first arrow is dead on and causes the pink dragon some pain. Her second shatters on impact. She is about 20 feet from Sharon.

OOC- Oops, sorry. I calculated this difficult combat with her here, might as well use her.
    OOC2- Round 3 will come when more have posted.
    Last edited by BlueWizard; 2007-07-09 at 11:35 PM.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Apologies for missing the second round; the heat wave is melting my brain. If Tevrier is allowed to retro, he would like to drink his potion of enlarge person (to improve his trip checks) and move into charge range of the dragon-rider pair, rather than shoot his ineffectual shortbow.

Tevrier

Tevrier shifts closer towards the massive dragon, hoping that fortune or determination can overcome size and power in this painfully one-sided battle. His second pair of bolas flicks into his hand and across the battlefield at the perilous pink pair, the dragon or its master.

A desperate idea flashes through Tevrier's mind, even as the metallic balls whiz across the misty battlefield. "Great and wise wyrm of the roseate scales!" he calls in the dragon's language, trying to make his empty hands appear as friendly as possible without leaving himself open. "Friends of the once-imprisoned dracling Henleng greet you!"

Spoiler
    Show
    If he can drink the potion in round two, Tevrier moves 30' in and delivers a +6 ranged touch attack against the dragon, with a +15 Strength check to trip (+4 size, +1 extra from strength). If he can't, he instead gives a +8 ranged touch attack against the rider, with a +10 Strength check to trip. Either way, he is not prepared to make a formal diplomacy check at this time.

20. - Top - End - #50

Sonny

To the hell with you, whore! - He shouts as the dragon's breath burn his flesh. After the flames are gone, he looks around, and sees two of his companions down on the ground, and the dragon up in the sky. With Raven boy down, noone can friggin' reach her there.

He reaches into the hidden pockets of his robe, and is about to pull out a handful of shurikens, when his hand reaches something else accidentally. The mirror of Freya. From a sudden thought, he pulls out the mirror, and shows it up to the Pink-armored woman. Freya is kind of a pink goddess, somehow it perhaps works.

Rebuke 'em, mirror! Or at least do something, darnit! - perhaps "darnit" is not a proper way to adress to Goddess of beauty, but Sonny's really not the kind of people who cares about such things in the heat of a battle.

Edit:

Meanwhile, Sonny moves towards the priest, standing between Redgar and the dragon, if possible, making sure he can heal the fallen people swiftly.
    Last edited by amanodel; 2007-07-10 at 04:29 AM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

Default Retro #3!

Another person of import that should've been included in the retro's is the priest of Thor, Redgar. In the first round he'd've buffed himself up, in the second he would've avoided much of the stream bath and caused the dragon some serious pain with his hammer. It will be in fact Redgar who will draw much of the dragon's attention next round. He will attempt to heal people next round, calling for some one to give him cover. He still has a lot of health, so the real concern are Raven and Sharon.

OOC- Round 3 coming soon.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground

Arha is thoroughly ticked off now.

She casts Mind Poison on the Spectral Hand and sends it to the woman on the dragon.

Spoiler
    Show
    The spectral hand gives, gives +2 bonus on melee touch attack roll, pg 282 of PHB

The Mind Poison-touch attack, deals 1d10 pts of WIS damage immediately and another 1d10 pts of WIS damage 1 min later. Each can be negated by a FORT save (DC 10+3+2=15), pg 141 of SC
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

Well you cheat, obviously. You're a druid, you can just cast Control Weather and call it a day.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Dwarf in the Playground

((ooc - for reference was aiming at woman on dragon in round 2))

Valimar Kil'ana

Furious at the pain that is being inflicted on his friends, Valimar decides that it is time to separate the woman from her mount. He chants in his native tongue, his fingers are a blur, as he casts a spell to part her from her mount.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting 'Grease' on the womans saddle - the idea being it will be too slippery and she will fall off...
    Last edited by Ruik; 2007-07-10 at 09:35 AM.
    Damn I like my Ceikatar!

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground

PC Retros:
    Valimar actually aimed at the dragon-rider, however due to the nature of these dragon-riders, she gets the spell-resistance of the dragon as if it were carrying her.

Tevrier can be Enlarged, and save his arrow shots.

Round 3:

Arha's magic got by the spell resistance, however, the strong-minded dragon-rider shakes off the Mind Poison attack!

Sonny holds up the Mirror so only the dragon and the rider can see it. Something strange happens, as Sonny bears the face of the mirror at the enemy. Sparkles flash out toward the dragon-rider and get her attantion. Instinctively the dragon looks away, content to continue the fighting. The dragon-rider is almost dazed by the fairy sparkles that come from the Mirror of Freyja. She shudders, looks at Sonny oddly then calls out as if in resistance to some powerful magic, "Gaaaaaaaah! Nnnnooooo!"

Freya whispers in Sonny's head, "She will not be able to resist your charm for too much longer..." Freya almost sounds amused.

Redgar rushes to his good friend Raven, as the dragon has risen up above them all. He heals Raven with the most powerful spell he has, which is CCW. {Doh, low roll +20!} This causes the dragon to notice, but not the dragon-rider who is a little dazed by the show of Sonny's Artifact Mirror. Raven is back in action!

Spell resistance bedamned! Valimar decides coating the seat of the dragon-rider with Grease might work. Though it makes it more difficult for the rider-lady to sit properly and attack, she is well fastened to the specially made dragon-saddle. Valimar doesn't notice this, until he sees it foil his attempt to 'unseat' her.

Anduran will step away from the group around the dragon and fire an arrow. {OOC- I am unsure what this Black Arrow is, or what kind of attack it is. Please post your bonuses, I didn't see this on your sheet either. This can be retro'd.}

Illanee is a dead-shot this time, hurting the dragon with two precise shots to it's softer areas. This annoys the dragon, but only minorly hurts it.

Sharon is out.... she continues to bleed from open scalding wounds. {hp -3}

Ramona's first shot hit the dragon-rider in the chest, but fails to penetrate too deep beneath her armor. {d:9} The rider still seems minorly dazed by the mirror.

Raven is up, and can act! {OOC- This can be retro'd, so post both round's actions.}

With Tevrier now enlarged, he moves at the dragon standing almost as big as enlarged Sonny! The rider is well-protected by the dragon's wings, so his biggest target is the dragon itself. {4+6 touch!; str 8+15 fails} Tevrier using more guile and athleticism grapples the dragon and nearly pulls the Huge monster to its knees. The pink dragon hisses in a feminine but wicked tone! "These aren't the ones you want!" He seems to be looking at Tevrier and Sonny.

The dragon looks only to the easily identifiable priest! "This one dies first!" The huge dragon pounces on Redgar and rips him up pretty bad! They are near Raven, Sonny, and Tevrier, as well as dying Sharon.

Redgar looks to Raven, "Hold him off me if you can. I must keep you all up!"

The Mirror seems to be really distracting the rider, and she merely keeps looking at and away from the mirror, quite manically. You will realize she is staring agape at Sonny. Speechless.
    {She misses her round 3 action.}

End Round 3----------------------------------->

Initiatives:
    Arha 18+7 {d: -1}
    Sonny 18+7 11/38
    Redgar-NPC hurt bad
    Valimar 14+4
    Anduran 15+3 hp 4/49
    Illanee- NPC
    Sharon 12+3 {-3/25}
    Ramona 8+2
    Raven 5+4 hp 17 /42
    Tevrier 1+2

OOC- For ease of my book-keeping, and I trust you guys, you can make rolls for combat. Please use an online form or my Dice BlueWizard Dice thread from the OOTS site:
    Last edited by BlueWizard; 2007-07-10 at 10:08 PM.

25. - Top - End - #55

Raven

Raven comes out of the blackness to find himself staring his fellow Thorite Redgar in the face. "Thanks," is all he says before getting back to his feat and launching himself at the dragon.

Pleased mid-jump to find his sword in hand, he gives it a mighty swing. His sword arcs with arcane energy as he swings it. On his way down, he mutters a quick word and seems to flash blue briefly.

Spoiler
    Show

Leaping Power Attack w/Arcane Channelling of Shocking Grasp

[roll=Jump]1d20+35[roll]
    Attack - (1d20+12)[23]
    Damage - (2d6+35)[43] x 2 (valorous) = 86
    Arcane Channel Shocking Grasp - (5d6)[15] Electric Damage

AC = 17 (24 - Power Attack penalty shifted to AC via Shock Trooper)

End by quick casting Resist Energy (heat) as a swift action. (Resist 20 heat fo 70 mins.)

Given another chance, Raven again leaps at the dragon hoping to keep its attention away from his friends.

Spoiler
    Show

Leaping Power Attack w/Combat Brute goodness

[roll=Jump]1d20+35[roll]
    Attack - (1d20+12)[15]
    Damage - (2d6+49)[53] x 2 (valorous) = 106

AC = 17 (24 - Power Attack penalty shifted to AC via Shock Trooper)
    Last edited by Roland St. Jude; 2007-07-10 at 09:53 PM.

26. - Top - End - #56

PirateCaptain

anduran

(the quiver if you recall was a once a year arrow of slaying production, thats the black arrow fired at +10/+5)

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

Default Andruan and Raven

OOC- Anduran: Ah, yes! It is like Slay Living.

Retro actions:
    Anduran's arrow turns black as he fires it, stepping away from the crowded group. {19+10 d:4} The arrow falls to unleash its death, but the inky darkness does cause some more pain. {d:10}

Raven leaps up and hacks the dragon not far above you all. He rips into its flesh badly, and will get the distraction that Redgar was hoping for. An electrical charge flows through the duskblade's sword and slashes a nasty gash in the pink scales of the dragon. It howls, as thick red blood streams down her side.

OOC- Raven will likely not be leaping to attack the dragon, since she is going to stay down to wreak a little physical damage on you guys!

28. - Top - End - #58

Sonny

So this stuff works. Interesting. Sonny keeps holding up the mirror to continue dazing the dragonrider woman.

I'm only asking this once: Surrender!

29. - Top - End - #59
    Dwarf in the Playground

Tevrier

Tevrier snarls in irritation as the winged beast defies even his newly-enhanced state. Drawing his brutal adamantine scythe, the cloaked warrior charges the larger dragon and again tries to pull it down.

Spoiler
    Show
    Touch attack 1d20+15=25, Strength check to trip 1d20+15=24. On the unlikely chance this is successful, his followup attack is similarly average. Attack 1d20+15=26, damage 2d6+11=19.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Troll in the Playground

Arha snarls in frustration and casts Vampiric Touch on the Spectral hand, she sends it to the woman on the dragon.

Spoiler
    Show
    The spectral hand gives, gives +2 bonus on melee touch attack roll, pg 282 of PHB

Vampiric Touch-melee touch attack, deals 3d6 damage, gain temp hit points equal to damage you deal. pg 298 PHB
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle