New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] The Dancing Fox Inn VIII: So Two Guys Walked Into a Bar . . .

"Oh. I thought you had. Um, Miss Cerise was a Lunar Exalt who used to live at GLoG," Jamie explains with a smile. "She was nice."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] The Dancing Fox Inn VIII: So Two Guys Walked Into a Bar . . .

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    The wizard deflates, a comic expression of dejection on its androgynous face. But then it perks back up to its full height of five feet and a quarter of an inch, posing theatrically. Thank you miss, I'll have a glass of wine, please. As for your needs, good sir, I require not a single spell to find what you seek. Yes, such is my skill at discerning the truth of all worlds that I can easily tell you without any hesitation that I, yes I myself, am capable of teleporting through, between, from and to, around, inside and outside, and among dimensions!
    The Grey Knight nods. "Very well. I need you to cast a dimensional bridge spell, leaving the destination open, and pass it through me instead of directly casting it so that I can direct it. How much is it going to cost me?"
    Doctor Harald avatar by MethosH

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground

Just a few more details, sir. Are you trying to get teleported to a specific point in another dimension? Or are you asking me to open a portal to a specific point in another dimension, so that things there can come here and vice versa?
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

4. - Top - End - #34
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    "Are you going home, or bringing something over?" Naku asks, apparently not terribly trusting on this subject. She normally is very trusting. Just not for dimension hopping teleportation.

((Yeah, sorry.))

"Yeah, of course. You're welcome to stay here. But we don't serve limos. But if you can tell me what that is, I can try to make one."
    ((Don't worry, happens to last posts.))

Well, my bad. Thought Limo is know, but that seems to be a local term for lemonade.

"I mean a lemon-flavored drink. Or alike. I think A coke falls under this terms as well."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground

Just a few more details, sir. Are you trying to get teleported to a specific point in another dimension? Or are you asking me to open a portal to a specific point in another dimension, so that things there can come here and vice versa?
    ((Plus Naku asking what he's actually doing with it; I couldn't find the post))

"That will depend on what he wants in payment. If it's something available to me now, I will only need instantaneous transport. If it's something I can only give him on Titan, I'll need a continuing portal. And I need a specific point, but I need to be the one setting it, because you don't know it.
    Last edited by GrandDM; 2013-08-06 at 02:15 AM.

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #36

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    ((Don't worry, happens to last posts.))

Well, my bad. Thought Limo is know, but that seems to be a local term for lemonade.

"I mean a lemon-flavored drink. Or alike. I think A coke falls under this terms as well."
    "Oh, that I can get for you, yeah. One moment." With that, Naku goes about getting the drink mixed and out to the table. "Enjoy."
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

7. - Top - End - #37

I'd prefer a oneshot teleporting, if it's all the same to you. Anything else would be... difficult, even dangerous. The wizard smiles charmingly. So what do you have right now that you'd be willing to exchange?

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'd prefer a oneshot teleporting, if it's all the same to you. Anything else would be... difficult, even dangerous. The wizard smiles charmingly. So what do you have right now that you'd be willing to exchange?
    He draws his sword. "Although this would be a greatsword for you, I judge it to be wieldable. This is a Nemesis Force Sword. You can channel magic through it, and if you do it correctly, it will destroy whatever it cuts. Even normally, it will cut through any armour."

He throws it into the air, lets it turn 180 degrees, catches it by the blade and offers the handle.

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #39

Been a while since a Magtok was in here. Last time was tied to some Marciano business that almost got violent, if I remember correctly. I wouldn't be surprised if the management was a bit wary of his presence, even if he technically never raised an arm in anger against that filthy little parasite of a man.

He mumbles something about portals and parasites upon entry, and spares only the briefest of glances towards Irene and the Space Marine, before going out of his way to ignore the both of them. He doesn't want any trouble, and those two have 'shenanigans' written all over them from head to toe. The Grey Knight especially, given Magtok's past affiliation with demons and daemons alike. He's not sure if those things leave any sort of residue, but the doesn't plan on standing just below the Space Marine's nose to find out.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Whatever you guys work out, do it outside, please. Dimensional portals can be killer on wooden floors.
    He'll then go over to the newly entered Mag.
    [Insert Time of day Here], sir. Can I help you? he asks politely.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

11. - Top - End - #41
    Orc in the Playground

Felandria enters the inn and takes a seat at an appropriately sized table.

She's wearing a white t-shirt under a open black dress shirt, blue jeans and sneakers, she has her Handy Haversack and her sword with her.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

12. - Top - End - #42

"Yes, I'll have a-"

Magtok glances towards the door when a certain half-giant comes in, before turning back towards the server.

"Belay that. A drink for the lady who just came in. Whatever on the menu's considered appropriate for apologizing for killing a person's father, if you guys have anything like that."
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

13. - Top - End - #43
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    "Yes, I'll have a-"

Magtok glances towards the door when a certain half-giant comes in, before turning back towards the server.

"Belay that. A drink for the lady who just came in. Whatever on the menu's considered appropriate for apologizing for killing a person's father, if you guys have anything like that."
    Felandria spots Magtok at the bar and nods to indicate she's ready to talk.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

"Got any ideas, boss?"
    Mist asks Naku. He doesn't do mixing drinks. He should ask about that sometime.

15. - Top - End - #45

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    "Got any ideas, boss?"
    Mist asks Naku. He doesn't do mixing drinks. He should ask about that sometime.
    "Depends. How close was this person to their father?" Naku asks, frowning in thought at what might be best.
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

16. - Top - End - #46

Well while the staff is figuring out the drink order, Magtok relocates to Felandria's table, a polite smile on his face. An innocent enough visage, concealing hundreds of varied plots, schemes, and plans, ranging from the beneficent to the outright malicious. He's going into this talk more or less blind though, without any expectations for where this will go, or ideas as to what he intends to accomplish this. The evil genius hasn't had time to figure out Felandria at all, and while part of that really scares him, another part of him is thrilled senseless by it all. The danger of meeting with a daughter of the gods, the wild potential for this meeting to produce a powerful new adversary capable of crushing his spine between two fingers, or a tentative ally with that same unearthly power...it's absolutely breathtaking.

"So...Dancing Fox Inn, then. The one watering hole in town where neither of us could hope to inflict harm upon one another. That says quite a bit, you know, intended or otherwise."

Magtok clears his throat, reaches into a pocket, and produces a small brown leather bag, which is placed upon the table between the two of them.

"Felandria, I want you to know how sorry I am to have been this much of a thorn in your side thus far. I don't know if you've been watching the news a lot lately, but this is really not the time for me to be making enemies."
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

17. - Top - End - #47

Quote Originally Posted by GrandDM View Post
    He draws his sword. "Although this would be a greatsword for you, I judge it to be wieldable. This is a Nemesis Force Sword. You can channel magic through it, and if you do it correctly, it will destroy whatever it cuts. Even normally, it will cut through any armour."

He throws it into the air, lets it turn 180 degrees, catches it by the blade and offers the handle.
    The androgynous spellcaster gives the space marine a skeptical look, but takes the sword, staggering under its weight before managing to to hammerspace it. Very well then, let us step outside and commence. Unless you were planning on a long scene, we may as well stay in this thread. But the wizard steps out of the DFI and prepares the teleportation ritual.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    "Oh, that I can get for you, yeah. One moment." With that, Naku goes about getting the drink mixed and out to the table. "Enjoy."
    "Thank you" Vutha says to Naku. She nips on the drink. Her attention is suddendly drawn to Magtok as he calls for a drink for the half giant woman. Her master told her about the cyborg and so she tries to listen to their talking.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

19. - Top - End - #49
    Dwarf in the Playground

The androgynous spellcaster gives the space marine a skeptical look, but takes the sword, staggering under its weight before managing to to hammerspace it. Very well then, let us step outside and commence. Unless you were planning on a long scene, we may as well stay in this thread. But the wizard steps out of the DFI and prepares the teleportation ritual.
    As he passes it into the Grey Knight, he'll catch a (not sure what to call it... mind-glimpse? feel? thought-glimpse?) of a strange type of magic, alien and unfamiliar. The energy pulses up his arms, collecting at his upraised hands. He brings them together, but stops as his palms are about an inch apart. Some sort of force seems to be pushing back. He tries harder, but can't bring his hands together. The magic grows stronger and stronger, threatening to break free.

"Resistance... something's blocking me! I can't hold it... if I let it go, I'll be ripped apart and scattered across miles. Wizard! Help me diffuse the energy now, and I'll serve as your bodyguard, soldier, whatever, for the duration of my stay. Just save me now!"

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

Reinholdt returns here. Or removes himself from the sticky deadtime of Aurea and K. One of the two.

Either way he's here now.
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Orc in the Playground

Well while the staff is figuring out the drink order, Magtok relocates to Felandria's table, a polite smile on his face. An innocent enough visage, concealing hundreds of varied plots, schemes, and plans, ranging from the beneficent to the outright malicious. He's going into this talk more or less blind though, without any expectations for where this will go, or ideas as to what he intends to accomplish this. The evil genius hasn't had time to figure out Felandria at all, and while part of that really scares him, another part of him is thrilled senseless by it all. The danger of meeting with a daughter of the gods, the wild potential for this meeting to produce a powerful new adversary capable of crushing his spine between two fingers, or a tentative ally with that same unearthly power...it's absolutely breathtaking.

"So...Dancing Fox Inn, then. The one watering hole in town where neither of us could hope to inflict harm upon one another. That says quite a bit, you know, intended or otherwise."

Magtok clears his throat, reaches into a pocket, and produces a small brown leather bag, which is placed upon the table between the two of them.

"Felandria, I want you to know how sorry I am to have been this much of a thorn in your side thus far. I don't know if you've been watching the news a lot lately, but this is really not the time for me to be making enemies."
    I'll be honest with you, Magtok, I've calmed down just a little bit, I mean we both know Gods don't always stay dead, especially in the Nexus, frankly, I just figured I'd kill one of your clones and call it a day.

But I do want to hear you out.

So, what's in the bag?

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Seems not all too much, just enough to inspire some loyalty. says Mist to Naku in regards to Fel's father.

23. - Top - End - #53

Seems not all too much, just enough to inspire some loyalty. says Mist to Naku in regards to Fel's father.
    "So probably just straight up, fairly strong wine." With that, Naku pulls out a bottle of fairly old, pretty potent, and very, very good wine, pours a glass of the stuff, and passes it off to Mist.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

Mist presents the glass to Felandria. One glass of some of our especially good stuff. I had a few jokes but thought with the subject matter it'd be inappropriate. Enjoy. he says.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Orc in the Playground

Mist presents the glass to Felandria. One glass of some of our especially good stuff. I had a few jokes but thought with the subject matter it'd be inappropriate. Enjoy. he says.
    Felandria takes the wine and smiles at Mist.

Thank you.

26. - Top - End - #56

Just outdoors

Well, that is... less than ideal. Still, this still-unnamed wizard is quite skilled at manipulating magic energy. He or she quickly cries out a sibilant word in some arcane language, attempting to diffuse the energy in question.

Meanwhile, at the bar...

Callie Pyrsol, that attractive foxgirl with black ears and tail, walks in and takes a seat at the bar. She looks tired, yet pleased.

27. - Top - End - #57

Meanwhile, at the bar...

Callie Pyrsol, that attractive foxgirl with black ears and tail, walks in and takes a seat at the bar. She looks tired, yet pleased.
    "Can I get you anything?" Naku asks, before commenting that "You look happy." with a grin of her own.

Upstairs

Well, I suppose K's behind his door now.
    Last edited by Mee; 2013-08-09 at 04:43 PM.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #58

Mag/Fel Table

The cyborg scoots the bag closer to Felandria.

"Nothing? Everything? A monetary bribe, a lovely bouquet of roses, pair of tickets to some thing you like, an unlicensed mercenary contract, a shiny metal glove that lets you punch things really hard? Some other thing, maybe? I'm not sure yet. It's made using the same tech I use to pull things from home out of my pockets. Only works if I reach my hand in, though. S'more symbolic than anything, really."

Magtok shrugs, raising his palms in the air, before setting them back down. He leans forward in his seat, excitement dancing across the corners of his mouth as an idea already begins to take hold.

"You're a beautiful engine of destruction, Felandria, whether you realize it or not. You've more potential than a great many hundred others I've met before, yet near as I can tell, almost all of it is just sitting there, going wasted. I'm not just talking about your powers, either. The quiet dignity that comes with hailing from such a low-tech world, the ties with Olympus, even the way you move, owning your body's unique proportions, instead of shying away in shame of them.

Right now, despite it all, the world barely knows you exist, when it could be gibbering in awe, adoration, or terror with your every step! You could be stomping apart slave rings, slapping heavily-armed airships right out of the sky, influencing the Nexus on a grand political scale beyond your wildest imaginations! But you're not. And I don't fault you for that. Knowing what to do, where to do it, and how? Very difficult stuff. Even the Nexus's most important person has trouble with that sort of thing, as evidenced by my current crisis.

I'd be willing to guide you, though. For a price, I could help you to become anything you can imagine. Representative of some fantastic new faction on the Council of Inside. Actress of incomparable renown. The new head of Olympus. The Nexus's first Superheroine For Hire. All of these things, none of them, whatever you so choose. The world needs to be woken, Felandria; it needs to be freed of its dreadful stupor, and you're just the woman qualified to shake it up. Your father's name is hurting right now, the respect it once commanded stripped to a mere shadow of its former self. Help me help you bring it back."
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

29. - Top - End - #59

Business is booming. I'll take whatever you want to give me, no matter the price. She winks at the vampire. How have you been?

Upstairs

Aurea is knocking!

30. - Top - End - #60

Business is booming. I'll take whatever you want to give me, no matter the price. She winks at the vampire. How have you been?

Upstairs

Aurea is knocking!
    "Business is . . . not so booming. But that's all right. I personally have been fine." As Naku talks, she kneels and begins shifting around under the counter for a really good, really expensive wine. Eventually she finds a good one, and pours Callie a glass full.

Up
    "You might want to go around." Comes the muffled reply through the door.
    Show