New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: McBish's Plots

1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: McBish's Plots

Woods

"Mmhm." he hums with a nod, trying to get a focus on the shape. He nocks a different arrow and fires, embedding itself in a tree close to where he saw the shape, and the shaft emits a bright light which should last several minutes.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

Woods

When the glowing arrow sinks into the tree near the creature it ducks and runs for more familair shadows deeper in the woods. It looks to be the size of a large black bear, with no visible head. It's fur dark and thick, and it looks powerfully built. It moves surprisingly quietly and quickly.

When Arty looses his arrow, Calvin gets to his feet trying to see what the Centuar is shooting at. Arty might not hear Calvin get one of his swords from his bag, but by the time the creature has fled Calvin is standing with a sword ready in his hand.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Woods

Arty picks up the ordinary arrow he had been holding nocked earlier.
    "So, did it have a head when you fought it?"

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

Woods

Calvin shakes his head. "No, I am pretty sure I saw a mouth on it's belly though. It came at me pretty quick before I didn't see too much of it. I'm a bit surprised it followed me out here." Calvin scans the woods looking for the creature as well.

From the darkness around them a low growl, almost like a hum starts to fill the woods. It comes from mutiple directions, and is either really echoy, or there are more then one of those creatures out there right now.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Woods

Arty has fully stood up by now.
    "Being headless makes it harder to kill them quickly. Might be risky if there's multiple. If things get bad, jump on my back and we run like hell, ok?"
    Combat is no time for centaur pride. If someone might get killed and you have eight hundred more pounds of muscle, you volunteer as the transport.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground

Woods

"At least until you figure out where to hit them that does count. They have to have a brain in there somewhere." Well I guess they don't have to but it seems likely that they do. "I only saw the one of them when I was out there, but it seems like he brough friends."

The growl seems to be getting louder, Arty should probably get a glimpse of one of the beasts as they are closing in on the camp. If he wants to take a shot he might be able to scare them away.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

Woods

Arty does in fact take a shot. This one doesn't explode or glow or anything, but it's still a military-grade weapon with an arrow capable of punching through steel. And while not magically enhanced or anything Arty is a good shot.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

Woods

A loud shriek comes from the creature as the arrow sinks into it. Two of the creatures burst from the underbrush into the clearing running towards the two of them. These two appear uninjuried as the one Arty shot hides in the trees not wanting to get shot again.

The creatures have large claws coming out of their front paws, and while their thick black fur covers most of their body you can see some short tentacle like appendages growing around the belly of the creature. They are quickly closing the distance between them and Arty and Calvin. Calvin looks fairly calm moving infront of Arty, doing his best to not block any of his shots.

Arty might have a chance to fire again before one of the beasts leap onto Calvin tackling him to the ground, the other looks to do the same to Arty, though he doesn't have the advantage of size against the Centuar.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

Woods

The monster running at Calvin should find a fletch sticking out of its torso. The one charging at Arty should notice him spinning around as he fires. It might then notice a pair of hind hooves heading towards its face/torso. Arty's lower body is not a very large horse, but light horses still kick hard.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground

Woods

Both Arty's kick and arrow hit their targets. The one he kicks lashes out with it's front claws, trying to tear at his legs as it is kicked to the ground. It rolls back up to it's feet a bit stunned from the kick, and wary of apporaching.

The one on top of Calvin seems to have it's hands full as Calvin's sword is red with it's blood. The creatures tentcles on it's stomach are gripping one of his arms trying to pull it into it's mouth. Calvin seems to be winning the fight but it is still a struggle.

A third creature, the one Arty had shot before comes out of the woods behind Arty going to circle him with the other creature.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Woods

It's a good thing he kicked it in time, then. A light scratch if fine to leave, but any deep cuts and he wouldn't be able to reach back there to fix himself up.
    Regardless, the one flanking him will have to wait. For now he has an arrow pulled back and is waiting for the one in front of him to raise itself up or otherwise expose its "face" for him to shoot.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground

Woods

The creatures stay on all fours denying Arty a clear shot at their "faces", but both of them are injuried and worried about attacking such a large defender that shoots those annoying little bits of wood and metal. There humming starts up again between the two of them, probabably coordinating their efforts.

Before they get a chance to attack the third creature that was fighting Calvin flies through the air crashing into one of it's pack mates dropping them both to the ground. Calvin, with his left arm and shoulder showing bloody gashes, charges into the stunned creatures. A swift kick to one lifts it off the ground with a sickening crunch of broken bones. Calvin is now holding a sword and what looks like a long narrow sharp piece of metal, though it isn't clear where he got that from. He attacks the two creatures ferociously stabbing and slashing them. He seems to have them both off balance right now and is winning the fight.

The third creature looks confused now that it's partner is in a new fight. It doesn't look like it is going to charge Arty by itself.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

Woods

Arty can't get a clear shot at the two Calvin is fighting, so he'll instead just keep an eye on that brawl, and take a potshot at the third if it gets closer. He's trying to conserve his ammo a bit.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Dwarf in the Playground

Woods

Despite his injuries Calvin shows impressive strength, managing to hold off the creatures and even shove them around. He slips one of the blades under the legs of one of the creatures stabbing it several times. The creature squeals in pain collapsing on top of him. He manages to kick the other one away from him. If Arty wants he has a clear shot at it. Otherwise both of the animals are running away into the woods.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

Woods

Arty will take only one shot at the escaping beasts before turning his attention to Calvin and the one he's facing down.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground

Woods

The one fighting Calvin looks like he is dead. Calvin shoves it off him, the tentacles from near his belly let go of Calvin's bleeding arm. It looks like the creature really wanted to tear off his arm. The one fleeing into the woods gets an arrow stuck into it. That doesn't stop it from escaping off into the woods. "Bastards." He stands up and kicks the corpse.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

Woods

Arty goes over to Calvin.
    "Are you okay?"
    He isn't entirely sure how his healing factor works, so it's best to be safe.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Dwarf in the Playground

Woods

Calvin looks down at his arm and nods. Then with a calm well pratcied motion he shoves the sharp balde of metal down into his arm through his palm. Once the piece of metal is in his arm some of his wounds start to heal up. As he does this his face turns a pale white and it looks for a second like he is going to faint. A frown on his face. If Arty has any sort of magical senses or a device that can see the workings of magic he might pick up something around now.

"Um, yeah I think so. How about you?" He looks a bit dizzy as he walks over to his bag, digging out that bloody shirt to use to clean himself and his sword off.

--------------------------------

[Heaven's Gate Apartments]

These two tall apartment buildings have been around for years in the Nexus, and have recently undergone some major renovations, along with much of the neighborhood around them. New gardens on the rooftops and parks around the buildings. It seems like someone has sunk a decent amount of money into this neighborhood to make it a lot nicer.

The aprtments themselves are open and welcoming, but there are security camera's discretly placed around to keep an eye on things. The hallways are well light and have clean carpets and walls. The apartment Vel is staying at is up on the 4th floor.
    Last edited by McBish; 2013-08-13 at 10:36 AM.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

Huh. Nice place. Nicer place than Rein usually stays.
    He wonders why that is.
    Ah well. Enjoy it while he's here. He wishes he dressed a little less... adventure-like though and a little more formal.

After he's done admiring, he makes his way to the indicated fourth floor room and knocks on the door. Knock knock!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

Woods

Arty does not have any magic senses, just one thingy in his medkit to check for the weirder kind of infections. But Arty will stick close to Calvin, even offering a hand once and a while when he looks particularly unsteady.
    "No, the only one that got near me I kicked in the face. It doesn't feel like it nicked me before that, although I can't quite see back there."

21. - Top - End - #51
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well the people that are living here don't seem to be dressed very fancy. Most of them seem to be common laborers, a lot of them bear a striking resemblance to farmers.

The door swings open shortly after he knocks to revel Vel. She isn't dressed very fancy. It looks like she was going for comfortable. Black tights cling to her legs, and an oversized paint/clay stained holey sweatshirt on top. Her hair pulled back into a ponytail. She smiles holds the door open inviting him in. "Hello, I'm glad you were able to stop by."

-----------------------------

Woods

Calvin cleans the blood of his arm and the wounds look to be mostly superficial. Arty will probably also notice what looks like several needle marks on his arms where the thing had been grabbing at him with the tentcles it had. Calvin could use a steadying hand every now and then, it seems like he is a bit out of it after the fight. "Here let me take a look." He offers the young Centuar as he double checks him to make sure he isn't seriously hurt.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Odd. Why would farmers be here?
    Maybe they're retired farmers or this was the best vacation they could afford in today's economy.

"Of course." Reinholdt returns the smile as he steps inside. "How have you been? Enjoying the place so far?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I have been good. I'll admit I haven't explored the city too much yet. Jay has been busy and I have enjoyed my time lounging around. I've started up a few projects but nothing that really is demanding of my attention."

The inside of Vel's apartment is a bit of a mess. The front door leads through a small modern kitchen with a couple of dirty plates and glasses in the sink. A few beer bottles and a half finished bottle of vodka sit on the counter. The living room looks like it has been transformed to an art studio, complete with paint and clay stained drop clothes. Vel has one of the windows open in her aparment with a canvas set up with a half finished city scape painted on it. In another corner a large lump of clay looks like it is slowly being turned into a statue a few feet high. If Reinholdt peaks through the cracked door to her room he will see piles of clothes tossed around in there.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

"I see you, uh, take the artist motif seriously." Yeesh, messy. D=

He's no Butler, but he's still a cat. Clean is the way to go.

"What have you been working on?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

Woods

A quick inspection should reveal that Arty took a pair of shallow scratches on one of his hind legs, but they're too small and shallow to bleed much and shouldn't even leave scars. His other leg and hindquarters are untouched.
    "You always woozy after using that thing? Because you don't look like you've lost much blood and if not I should probably be checking for something."

26. - Top - End - #56
    Dwarf in the Playground

"It's not a motif, it's a lifestyle." She explains moving some sketches and paintings off the sofa in the living room and tossing them into a corner of the room. "Oh this and that. I want to do a large sculture, and am thinking something with wings. But I'm not quite clear on what it is going to end up being. Please have a seat, would you like anything to drink?" She says motioning to the large lump of clay that will one day be a something, but for now is mostly just a lump.

Woods

"No this isn't normal. I feel... drained." He takes a few deep breathes and looks to be on the verge of fainting. "Those things must have done something to me." He sounds more angry then scared.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

Woods

Arty puts his hands on Calvin's shoulders to steady him.
    "Those things are still out there. Say the word and I can get our stuff and carry you the hell out of these woods. Alright? "

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

"Certainly, thank you. Umm... do you have coffee?" Not everyone does.

Reinholdt takes a seat, trying not to get any errant wet paint on him.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

29. - Top - End - #59
    Dwarf in the Playground

"As long as you don't mind waiting a few minutes for it to brew." She says moving into the kitchen to get a pot of coffee ready and brewing. Reinholdt will probably notice that she seems to have a lot of energy. She rarely stops moving around. "So I was hoping to be able to get a portrait of you. If you don't mind?" She says sticking her head out of the kitchen.

Woods

"I'm fine, we scared off those things, I doubt they will be back." Says a clearly not entirely fine young man. He does have a point though, the two that fled were pretty wounded, and there is the dead one still laying in the grass where Calvin killed it. "Though maybe it would be smart to move camp. Something else might come sniffing around."
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

"I don't mind." Reinholdt says, looking around the place some more and taking it in.

"And yes, that was the goal wasn't it? Were you serious about taking it on a pile of treasure though?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast