New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 58 12345678910112651 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Bath Savage Tide IC

The Savage Tide Begins!

The first savage tide has already touched the mortal world, yet none who live today recall this terrible time of red ruin. It swept over an ancient city, transforming beggar and noble, merchant and thief, resident and visitor, one and all into feral, ravenous fiends. What took the ancients hundreds of years to build came crumbling down in a matter of days. When the final ripples of the tide faded, only ruins remained.

Now, after a thousand years, the hidden architect of the Savage Tide gazes upon new targets. This time, the doom will not be limited to one hapless city. This time, all of civilization is perched on the shore, blissfully ignorant of what the tide is about to bring in.

A late spring breeze wafts in across the city from the sea as you make your way toward the Vanderboren Estate in the Merchant's District. Sunset approaches, but still the clinging heat of the day remains in the air. Hawkers begin to pack up there wares as the city's inhabitants prepare for their evening activities. Already the faint roar of thousands of voices from the arena in the distant Champion's district can be heard like the dull roar of the sea.

The Merchants district looms high around you. The neatly paved streets busy with the wealthy being carried aloft by slave bound sedan chairs, horse or ostrich pulled coaches and carriages or even a couple atop the backs of large elephants.

The Merchant's Watch eyes you suspiciously, a few passing comments of "Don't be causing trouble here. You're sort may be more at home across in Champions..."

Eventually you reach the small manor that identifies itself as the Vandeborn Manor. The owner of the mysterious note that the Halfling delivered to you after you finished your recent adventure. The seven-foot high stone wall that surrounds the estate is hard to miss, as is the towering, gothic, three-storey house that dominates the grounds within. Leering gargoyles and capering nymphs festoon the eaves of the manor's roof, and several trees give the manor grounds a nice buffer from the bustle of the city outside.

The compound gates are open and no-one is in sight. You make your way to the front door and knock. After a few moments the wizened halfling servant who originally contacted you opens the door.

"Ah welcome... I am glad you were able to respond and arrive so promptly. Please come in and wait in the receiving room. I will have food and drinks brought to you while the Mistress prepeares to greet you."

She gestures inside to a spacious waiting-room. It is open, light and has several plants and seats placed for comfort. A small cage containing some local jungle ferns housing a half dozen small brightly coloured frogs lies alongside one wall, the other wall opening up onto a small balcony overlooking the water and the city beyond. The opposed temples to Shelyn and Zon-Kuthon dominate the skyline - one well lit with curving domes and sunny murals, the other dark and shadowy as befits the Lord of the night and a player in the many criminal gangs that threaten to upset the balance of power within the city. To the south are the distant mist-covered mountains, and beyond them deadly snake-infested jungle. To the north is nothing but clear calm ocean, dotted here and there with fishing and trading vessels.

As you wait some more servants in the Vandeborn livery appear with trays of wine and ale and platters of steamed tree viper slices, stuffed fangfish parcels fresh from the river and a selection of diced fruit from the lush jungle.

Spoiler
    Show

Feel free to introduce yourselves and describe your PC

OOC THREAD
    Last edited by DrK; 2013-08-04 at 02:52 AM.
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Bath Savage Tide IC

Solomon

Spoiler
    Show

The doors swing open as a tall rangy man strides in. A faint clinking as the chain under the weathered robes brushes against itself. He is tall, heavy set with a rough weathered face and piercing grey eyes. A well used longsword at his waist and the sword of Iomedae hanging around his neck.

Standing by the edge of the balcony he watches the city and the jungle before with a crackle he lights a tabac cheroot and the sharp smell of the leaf burning mingles with the spicy and filth of the city and the heavy musty humid smells of the jungle. Nodding to Kora the small Halfling servant he thanks her for the ale and takes a long sip. "Can't stand this jungle heat..." he grumbles to no-one in particular.

As he notices the others he tips the wide brimmed hat and greets them in a raspy voice. "Evening to you. Solomon's the name. Have you any better idea what the mysterious Lady Lavinia wants of us?"
    Last edited by DrK; 2013-08-04 at 05:19 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Ophelia

Spoiler
    Show

Sat in the corner of the room, quietly observing the newcomers bold entrance sits a lithe young woman in a delicate, fashionable dress in a deep crimson with black inlays. A matching belt with various pockets and pouches hanging from it, including a small sheathed knife. More obvious than her attire however, is a pair of black curled horns on her otherwise beautiful face. Her deep blue eyes look almost through Soloman as she seems to be sizing him up to his very soul.

As she stands to greet him, offering a measured smile and a gentle nod of her head, other exotic features become more obvious as her black bat wings stretch out slightly from their coiled position behind her and a long black forked tail slowly swishes around her, before reaching out behind wrapping gently around her wine glass on the table and passing it to her open hand.

"I have no idea of the Lady's intentions i'm afraid." she replies in a silky voice that has obvious hints of wealth and nobility. "I was under the impression we were here for dinner, though your attire seems to suggest you know a little more than i do."

Sipping her wine gently not taking her eyes off Solomon she watches and gauges his reaction.
    Last edited by ShineyDuck; 2013-08-04 at 07:52 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ShineyDuck View Post
    As she stands to greet him, offering a measured smile and a gentle nod of her head, other exotic features become more obvious as her black bat wings stretch out slightly from their coiled position behind her and a long black forked tail slowly swishes around her, before reaching out behind wrapping gently around her wine glass on the table and passing it to her open hand.

"I have no idea of the Lady's intentions i'm afraid." she replies in a silky voice that has obvious hints of wealth and nobility. "I was under the impression we were here for dinner, though your attire seems to suggest you know a little more than i do."

Sipping her wine gently not taking her eyes off Solomon she watches and gauges his reaction.
    The rangy man moves to greet her before his eyes narrow as she rises, and the longsword at his waist clearing the best part of 4 inches of blade before she speaks. Solomon's eyes blazing at the demonic creature in front of him...

Even as she she speaks Lora the Halfling speaks a sharp word as well "Hold master Solomon. She is a guest here as are you."

Solomon relents, the blade sliding home into its scabbard before he nods an acknowledgment of Orphelia's words. "I was not aware of the nature of the company this evening. Be warned, I have seen the Worldwound itself where you kind are spawned. I know of your kinds' habits." Warning uttered he retreats behind a cloud of tabac smoke to the edge of balcony - eyes on the Witch as he sups his ale.

Spoiler
    Show

Worldwound:- In Northern Golarion (Pathfinder Setting) there is a massive grandcanyon size rift that opens up into the Abyss. There is a constant crusade fighting the demons up there.

- Interesting combination of demon hunting Witchy Hunter and a very demonic looking Witch

5. - Top - End - #5

NecromancerGirl

Eyeing Solomon with a cautious distrust learned from countless times, Ophelia sits down again in her seat sipping her wine looking visibly edgy from Solomon's very hostile initial approach.

I sincerely hope this evening isn't aimed at being an amusing spectacle for our host at our expense Ophelia thinks to herself watching the witch hunter warily. But pride pushes her on to reply "I assure you, sir... I was spawned in no Worldwound. If you kindly refrain reaching for your blade and jumping to more hasty conclusions, I'm sure this evening will go much more smoothly"

She finishes the glass having drunk it overly quickly, and settles it on the table next to her. She does look slightly flustered at the situation, but isn't letting it show greatly.
    Last edited by ShineyDuck; 2013-08-05 at 02:00 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Solomon flushed slightly with embarrassment. Whether over his behaviour or the over the rebuke from the Witch. He gazes levelly at her "We will see Madam." and looking at Kora the stern looking servant he offers a more full apology... "Apologies Mistress Kora, and pass them onto Lady Vandeboren. I meant no offense. I was merely startled."

Spoiler
    Show

Once Mark or Luke make an entrance we will get Lady Lavinia arriving to start you guys properly.

7. - Top - End - #7

RogueGuy

Darth "Black Foot" Dagger

A small human figure (5"6 with a wide brimmed hat (Black) comes out of the shadows (he is dressed head to toe in black and has a large trented coat that seems to envelope him) coughing. "you do know that stuff (pointing at the cidar), does nothing for you".

Slowly moving toward the lady "my lady what a honour it is to see you again, we must go fishing at some point I hear the view near the roof tops are nice this time of year"

Spoiler
    Show
    He will have his weopons on him but will hide then roll of a 12 + 2 dex + 4 ranks = 18 to spot what.

8. - Top - End - #8

PirateGuy

There is a loud bang on the door before it swings in fast enough to rattle the glass in the windows as it slams the door stop. Across the threshold steps a somewhat disheveled man dressed in a heavy coat, high boots and tricorn, sword at his waist and a strange bronze tube on a bandolier. His arrival is accompanied by the unmistakable stink booze, and even as he sways in the doorway taking in his surrounds he takes another swig from a large glass bottle he holds in one hand.

Scratching at a somewhat unkempt beard he looks at the assembled company and somewhat frosty air;

"Well ain't this a regular party!"

Looking towards the attractive young woman in the corner, the newcomer executes a bow with a flourish.

"Dirkwood at your service my dear, would you care to join one in an afternoon tipple?"
    Last edited by Mark_L; 2013-08-05 at 02:09 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Solomon

The Inquisitor looks with suspicion at both Darth and Dirkwood, one a shady type that may be found in dubious dens and the other clearly a pirate. Inwardly he thinks By Aroden's beard what have I got myself into. Mixed up with two criminals and a demon...

Smiling he tips his hat to both new arrivals. "Solomon. And thanks for the offer but I'm fine at the moment." Before he can say any more he is disturbed.
    Last edited by DrK; 2013-08-05 at 02:46 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10

NecromancerGirl

OOC - oops was typing as last post hit! Please have this action happen before the groups entrance!

Looking truly confused and knocked a little mentally off balance but the three very different gentlemen in her company Ophelia wishes she hadn't finished her wine off quite so quickly and casts a quick look around for the halfling and another glass. A witch hunter, a pirate, a fiend and a ...scallywag? Truly this cauldron will make a curious brew with these ingredients. But we must play with the cards we are dealt, for only then can we determine their full meaning she muses to herself.

To Darth, she smiles looking him over trying to see if she actually can remember him, but for now she seems at a loss. "Perhaps we might get chance to go fishing at some point. I cant say im very good at it, but that's not always the point is it? ... but if you will excuse my rudeness i can't quite place where we have met before. I do have a lot of people pass through my curtains, have you perhaps visited my stall?"

To Dirkwood, she smiles a little more, and returns his bow with a gentle nod. "How kind of you, I do believe I might have a little glass. Perhaps it may help things to make a little more sense of the evening, as i am quite at a loss at this moment!" And she holds out her empty glass towards the pirate, relieved the new company seems far more friendly and gives a warm smile, but her eyes are looking very carefully at him for any tell tale signs of danger.
    Last edited by ShineyDuck; 2013-08-05 at 02:43 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

The Vanderboren mansion

The large double doors opposite the drawing room open with a large ban - mirroring the noise of Dirkwood's dramatic entrance. A jaunty male half-elf dressed in leather armor and armed with a half-dozen daggers of different shapes, a dark-skinned dwarf with a sour expression dressed in green and brown robes and clutching a large curved spear , an attractive but haughty-looking woman dressed in dark purple robes and with a tattoo of a crescent moon on one cheek, and lastly, a tall and handsome man dressed in polished
    breastplate carrying a bastard sword.

All four of them stride out bantering quietly amongst themselves. The Dwarf tossing a heavy pouch up and down in his hand. The half elf runs an eye over the waiting heroes (you) and smirks... "Lavinia must be getting desperate eh?" The others nod and smile as they head down the stairs...

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show

A Know (Local) check may allow you to identify them
    You can roll it in the OOC if its more convienent

Equally Know (local) or Know (Nobilty) will give you some info about Lady Lavinia

Even as the other party head downstairs Mistress Kora the elderly Halfling Lady waves you into the dining room. The private dining hall is comfortable and cosy, softly lit by wall-mounted lanterns. A window overlooks the manor's central courtyard and the carpet is thick and soft. A large portrait hangs on the wall, a fine work depicting a hand some young man with a short beard. Standing before the portrait is an attractive human woman
    wearing a long, flowing blue dress.

She smiles. Thanking Kora and bidding you sit on one of the chairs laid out in a rough semi-circle in front of her where she stands in front of the fireplace below the imposing portrait.

Greetings. Welcome to my manor. You are all brave adventurers and I thank mistress Kora for helping me find you. As you may have heard, I recently inherited my parents' estate. Along with this fine house, unfortunately, came a fine amount of debt owed the Dawn Council, the harbormaster, and quite a few guildhalls. It seems my parents, for all their success as adventurers, were not as skilled at finance as one might expect. If I'm to get these taxes paid, I'll need to access my family's vault under Castle Teraknian." She pauses to sip some wine from a crystal goblet with a flowing griffon emblazoned upon it.

"And that's the problem, you see. The vaults are magically locked-keyed to special signet rings. Both of my parents had these rings, at least, until recently. My mother lost hers a few months ago. She arranged for a replacement, but it won't be done for another month or so, too late for me. Which leaves my father's ring. He never wore it-he had a thing about men wearing jewellery. He kept it hidden somewhere on his ship, the Blue Nixie. The problem there is that the harbormaster's seized the ship until someone pays for the last four months of mooring. I've paid the fines to the man the harbormaster's put in charge of my ship, a brute named Soller Vark. Yet when I went to claim my ship, Vark's men wouldn't let me board, claiming that I hadn't yet paid the fines. I spoke to Vark again and he denied ever receiving my payment. My complaints to the harbormaster have
    fallen on deaf ears-he's a doddering old fool who trusts his man and won't relent."

She pauses looking a little nervous before continuing. "Vark and his men are up to something on my ship, I know it. What I need is to find out exactly what they're up to. Unfortunately, Vark's not the type to react well to diplomacy or logic. I need someone who speaks his language... which is where you come in. If you can find out what he's using my ship for, or even better, recover the money I paid him, I'll pay each of you 200 gold in return once I've access to my vault." She pauses at the end of her speech before surveying the assembled "heroes".

12. - Top - End - #12

RogueGuy

"But why did you hire so meny to take this on, or is it a race "

"all I mean is that we bring a smocking sword, a horny women, a drunk priate and me (flourish with a half bow, holding gaze). How can we lose?"

When I think no one is looking I will eye up the large bouncing bag of possible gold and the others and look for any tell tell signs of class.

Spoiler
    Show
    Percetion 14 + 1 = 15

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Watching them other leave before he headed in Darth eyeballed the other adventuring party. The dwarf and the tall man had the look of fighter types, the lithe dagger wielding half elf likely the same profession as himself and the women was clearly a spell caster.

Back in the opulent drawing room... At Darth's question Lavinia smiles smoothly. "Master Darth you misunderstand. he other you saw, Telnin and is friends are engaged on other business. I assure you I would not hire two groups for the same goal..."

She smiles at the description, "And you are right. With your reputations how can you lose?"

14. - Top - End - #14

NecromancerGirl

Ophelia looks contemplative at the proposal offered her, and inwardly considers her options. 200 gold is a lot for a simple task like this, and unless that thug has got some serious protection he is likely to yield simply from how my companions look, let alone if i thrown my clock down and give him more to worry about. But if shes willing to throw 800 gold at this i assume that Vrak isnt the kind of thug to give up without a fight.

She pauses thinking of what to do. She certainly could do with the gold, but wondering exactly if it is worth the potential risks this "simple task" might entail and what repercussions might happen. However, she quickly makes a decision, as much as anything to show strength in the face of the evenings events so far.

"I gladly accept your proposal. Bullys are strong until they are shown true strength. I intend to show this bully strength in spades, enough to give him knightmares." Ophelia gives subtle peripheral glances to the others to see how her bold approach has gone down.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Solomon

The rangy witch hunter follows Ophelia's lead as he nods. "I don't like thieves or... a glance at Dirkwood follows "smugglers. I will help you Lady. But have you not tried the Harbour Watch or the Dawn Council?"

Lavinia

Lavinia smiles and crossing the floor gracefully takes one of Ophelia's hands. Thank you so much. Your help is greatly appreciated."

At Solomon's questions she looks sad. "Lord Islaran is not what he used to be since his illness and the harbour officials are rife with corruption owned by a myriad of thieve's gangs. As for the Dawn council she rolls her eyes as she talks of the Council of the 7 richest nobles in Sasserine that rule the city in an uneasy alliance with the major temples in each district. "Without access to my vault I could barely pay the bribes to see the Council much less have them move in my direction. So you see I have had to go for a more unorthodox route. The Watch will intervene as long as you are not excessive. Once you have seized the boat there is paperwork aboard that will prove you were in the right and the perfidious nature of that blaggard Vark"

16. - Top - End - #16

RogueGuy

"My good lady, do you have a plan of the boat and could you mark on it where this information is."

"also could you tell me where we could "talk" to this Vark and if there is any this of note within the boat that you have not said so far."

Wilst talk I will mke my way to a nice looking chair and eye my "party" as currently stands.

17. - Top - End - #17

PirateGuy

Dirkwood will have filled Ophelia's glass with the uncertain moonshine rum he is drinking, whilst casually ignoring Solomon.

"The trick with this is to gulp rather than sip!"

He will lead the group through the large doors and flop theatrically in the largest (or most prominent) chair available, and remain silent as the lady and the characters discuss the deed at hand. Judging the Johnson to be somewhat unsure of the value of money...

"Vark is a nasty piece of work to tangle with m'lady, I couldn't possible undertake such a dangerous task for anything less than 300GP.

Spoiler
    Show

Rolling easy bluff as I think Vark is just an arse rather than genuinely dangerous [ROLL] 1d20+6 [/ROLL]
    Last edited by Mark_L; 2013-08-06 at 07:28 AM.

18. - Top - End - #18

PirateGuy

Rolling check from previous post again...

Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff (1d20+6)[15]

19. - Top - End - #19

NecromancerGirl

Ophelia nods in agreement with Darths request for information on the layout of the boat, but makes no further comment.

She smiles at Dirkwood as he fills her glass "Thank you... i like to try a little of everything. It helps to keep an open mind i always think"

She then tentatively sniffs and tries a little mouthful of the moonshine as she watches the others to see how this bargaining will go. Her eyes widen and a sudden look of shock flashes over her as she wishes she had heeded Dirkwood's advice, but she keep a brave face and swallows the mouthful. "That's... rather a potent... flavour" she manages after gasping a few times, but her smile quickly returns looking slightly cheekier than before.

She then finds a different seat from before and settles herself raising her glass politely to the room and then takes little "gulps" of her drink everyso often rather than sipping again, waiting for now to see how the bargaining and planning will go and what other events may happen.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Lavinia's eyes narrowed slightly as Darth asked about "things of value" before she covered it up with a smile again. Still standing beside the winged and tailed witch she glanced at Darth again before answering.

"I am afraid that I do not know what is on board." She pauses for a second to touch her necklace. "With my parents' recent deaths I am still sorting through all of our holdings and information." As she speaks of her parents she also glances at the painting on the wall.

"As for the Nixie herself I am afraid all I can say of her is that she is a boat. A fairly big one. She is moored in the Merchant's docks though I'm not sure where as Vark would not let me board her." Her face twists angrily... "As for Vark. I have no idea where that blaggard spends his time. though I would suspect somewhere dubious in Shadowshore or aboard my vessel. For my documents, my Father's ring and my platinum I would imagine they will be with him aboard the ship."

As Dirkwood speaks she signs a heavy sigh. "You do not fill me with confidence Master Dirkwood. Only Kora has assured me of your skill with gun and blade. If you insist I can offer you 300 each but on the condition that you accompany me to my Vault under the Castle when you have recovered my Ring and my money from Vark."

The questions about "other things of value" and a pay rise seem to have soured the mood slightly as she takes a seat opposite the four of you. "If there are no more questions I will see you when you are done and my possessions are back in my hands." The Halfling housekeeper fixes you all with steely stares and pointedly holds the door open...

Solomon

Sensing the dismissal Solomon tips his hat to both ladies - the young one and the old diminutive one. "Thank you Lady Lavinia. I am sure we will return presently".

Steeping outside he will wait on the balcony for the others before leaving the estate turning to the others - "Do you wish to sleep on this or shall we sort this out as immediately? With luck the pirates again a look here at Dirkwood and his flask "Will be in their grog and we can take them unaware?"

Spoiler
    Show

Any more questions feel free to ask Lady Lavinia. She will answer before you leave.

Its evening time and darkness is drawing around the busy bustling city. Do you want to head to the Merchant's dock immediately or have a night out gathering info and then find the Blue Nixie in the morning?

21. - Top - End - #21

RogueGuy

" My Lady before you go do you have your fathers journal by any chance. It might have some inportant information, or know of any sercret rooms etc. Also do you know of anyone that let us say "diss likes" Vark?"

Once on a chair Darth with mumble and fidget and move on to another chair (think OCD) and repeat the patern.

Still speaching to the Lady.
    "I assume that any other keep sakes we find will be duely exchanged for coin, on return"

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

At Darth's last words Lavinia's eyes blue cerulean blue with barely supressed anger. "The boat and all of the things within her hull are the property of House Vandeboren. This is not some common looting quest. I am paying, and paying handsomely for you to recover her from a known criminal. And no, I do not know much of Vark bar that he is a criminal"

Spoiler
    Show

Darth has no skill with women at all does he? I like that he's asking about looting her impounded boat.

23. - Top - End - #23

NecromancerGirl

Ophelia simply nods politely to Lady Lavinia, picks up her cloak throwing it round herself and pulling the hood up and steps outside. She turns back to add in a soft whisper"It will only be a matter of time until you are reunited with that which is yours. I only hope the brute is foolish enough to make this more interesting..." and she gives her a friendly but dangerous smile.

24. - Top - End - #24

PirateGuy

To the lady;

"A scallywag like Vark will long ago have spent that gold, and if you have a fondness for movable items that are not hidden (as I presume the ring is), I'd gird myself against disappointment. I will gladly accompany you to the vault to further guard your safety"

Dirkwood thinks to himself 'What an idiot this Darth is. We could easily have made away with any objects and simply incriminated Vark and his cronies. Is this broad for real? Escorting to the treasure chamber. Cash back!'

Dirkwood will stand, tip his hat to the lady and join Ophelia.

25. - Top - End - #25

RogueGuy

"My lady I do not wish to offend. I work to a contract (a new thing within the guild). This way you know what you will get from this service and we all know where we stand and can do business again."

As we are walking out of the main gate I will suggest that we go to a little pub I know to discuss things. I nice dark pub with nice private areas.

Spoiler
    Show

I was going to do what mark was suggesting but that might have lead back to me and she is likely to give more work/money and hey she is attive enough not to steal from . And technicaly it is not her boat yet.

26. - Top - End - #26

NecromancerGirl

Ophelia nods at Darth's idea. "I think that is a good plan. Is this tavern far from here?" She looks up to the sky as they walk along, and a small black shape swoops down, landing on her outstretched arm. She smiles affectionately at the Raven perched on her hand, and strokes him tenderly. "I need you to keep an eye on our room while i run an errand. Try to stay out of mischief this time." and she smiles at the bird, who looks almost like hes grinning back "You too m'lady! You too! Squark!" the bird replies in a very heightened RP accent almost bulter esk (as best as a bird can do anyway) still seeming to grin. He gives a glance over Ophelia's new companions, seemingly sizing them up one by one. "You've made some new friends i see... Squark!... i wouldn't trust them... far as i could throw them! Squark!" At this she gives him an amused feigned disapproving look but speaks with good humour like this is a common occurrence "Rascal... Don't be so rude. One day I swear l will manage to teach you some manners!" And with that she kisses him on the beak, and gives him a boost up, the bird taking off into the city sky again, calling down as he flies "Take care of her Ladyship, you skallywags! Squark!"
    Last edited by ShineyDuck; 2013-08-07 at 07:02 AM.

27. - Top - End - #27

RogueGuy

Once we get the to pub I will find a nice dark corner with a table.

"As I see it we need to ID the boat. An easy task"

"It might be best to see if anyone else does not like this Vark person so we can get paied twice for doing one job"

"also it would be useful to see where he goes and how many people he has close to hand."

"I will ask around to see if anyone else wants Varks gone"

Spoiler
    Show
    Gather Info or Local knowledge roll a 15 +2 = 17

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

As evening falls the merchants district goes slightly quieter as shops and the Guild halls begin to close up their trade for the day. The taverns, Inns and restaraunts getting busier as business moves to more relaxed surroundings.

Even over the sound of the city hubbub and the roars from the crowds watching the blood sports in the arena at the heart of the Champion's district the sounds of the surrounding jungle can be heard as strange creatures begin their evening songs.

Pushing through the throng it gets busier as you approach the Merchant's waterfront. Food stands on small carts with glowing braziers offering all manner of sea creatures or sea weed wraps. Other stall holders offering homebrewed moonshine of various levels of strength ointments to attract the opposite sex. Entertainers and musicians are beginning to be out in readiness for the Wormfall festival that is rapidly approaching and jugglers, sword swallowers, clowns and stilt-walkers add to the busy streets.

The Inns are already busy with local seamen and travellers alike with the rafters of each inn awash with colour as parrots of various shades perch there watching their owners drink. The clicking of dice, the cheers from the scorpion or rat pits loud and the smell of drink strong... Its good to live in a port city!

Darth leads the other three through the busy maze of the Merchant district down through the vomit spewed gutters of Goblin and Kobold street and finally Diech street in the dingier end of the merchants district. Opposite the Inn lies a lurid sign of a purple vixen being mounted by a chimera - the brothel one of the cheaper in town with a pair of rough looking guards outside and a couple of painted slatterns peering out of the upper windows who wave at Dirkwood with a strange familiarity...

The doors of the Inn fly open as a large and heavy set bouncer hurls a scrawny man out before nodding as the party enter. The Rusty Pirate is not the best establishment. A selection of rusty hooks and peg legs with names and ship names beneath them decorate the walls. The place is pretty busy but a cluster of 3 rough looking men and a demonic lady soon clears a space and in short order Grog for Darth and Dirkwood, rough wine of Orphelia and Ale for Solmon appears.

--------------------------
    Solomon
    "An interesting place you've chosen" Solomon comments as he lights the cheroot and inhales deeply, a hand left resting loosely on the hilt of his sword as he seems deeply uneasy here. "What is the plan then? The ship lies somewhere in the Merchant's docks she said. So it not too far. Maybe a stroll while the night is young?"

-------------------------

The men at the bar were all thieves. Darth recognised them all, the bangles around the arms and the colourful tattoos on the backs of their hands marking as Stronzi family thieves. All 3 look at Darth with dubious looks before some silver changes hands, some rum is poured and the men whisper a few words.
    "Vark..." a gobbet of spit on the floor to go with the name "Vark's a no-body. But he's got 'imself a pretty ship. Some fancy beasts to sell to the Arena. Dealing with the Lotus Dragons. Dangerous folks. I'd steer clear unless you've got an armoured back or a deep hole to hide in"

Spoiler
    Show

Luke - could you roll on the forum. Its (roll)1d20+3(/roll) but with [] instead of ()

In pathfinder its diplomacy for Gather information. The skill no longer exists!

29. - Top - End - #29

NecromancerGirl

Ophelia sips her wine looking at the others listening to their suggestions, grateful to be in their company in such a disreputable inn, but smiling as shes getting to see somewhere colourful and fun without the usual associated risks. At Soloman's suggestion she nods and adds "That's a good idea. Make sure we know which ship it is exactly so when we do approach to confront Vrak, we can look strong and confident. Plus it wont hurt to have an idea of the lie of the land around it either."

30. - Top - End - #30

PirateGuy

Dirkwood will wave to the whores;

"Apologies ladies, duty calls. My good friend Solomon here is in need of a good cheering up."

News that Varks activities are sponsored by a more dangerous group doesn't surprise Dirkwood at all. Vark wouldn't have the balls to do it himself.