New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

RogueGuy

Default Re: Bath Savage Tide IC

"You are right soloman a walk seems very "plesent""

"If you would not mind my dear is seems the others have other things to attend to"

to Dirkwood "I will see you later when your fun is over. We will not be long"

Offer Ophelia my hand to leave.
    Last edited by Luke GG; 2013-08-08 at 09:00 AM. Reason: Colour of text was hard to read

2. - Top - End - #32

NecromancerGirl

Ophelia takes Darth's hand and stands, leaving what's left of her wine since it was getting thicker towards the dregs of the glass anyway.

"Should we arrange somewhere to meet later? This inn seems as good a place as any, since it does seem fairly low key." She asks Soloman and Dirkwood, before leaving with Darth. "And how long do you think you will need in your respective tasks?"

When outside and walking with Darth taking in the air and seeing what they can find out together about the whereabots of this ship, she chats pleasantly with him asking about this and that without probing for too many specifics, but does inquire as to whether this is the kind of thing he normally gets up to.

3. - Top - End - #33

RogueGuy

"My lady I am sure that the boys will only need a few moments to be done. And we will not be long as we are ONLY going to scout the boat and the number and position of the men."

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

Solomon

Solomon looks at Darth with a slightly cool glance. "I'll be coming with you Master Darth. I have no wish to meet those ladies... I'm more interested in finding the Nixie. Suiting action to words he stands up, the repeating bow tucked under the heavy coat.

-------

With no more information available in the Rusty Pirate the men join Orphelia in a stroll towards the merchants docks. The streets now awash with the sound of merry making in the hundreds of Inns. The party are surprised to make out only two bodies in the shadowy alleyways. The latest casualties in the constant in fighting between the myriad thieves guilds that are vying for dominance.

The merchant docks are a sea of trading vessel. Caravels and Galleons form Absalom rubbing shoulders with longboats from the Linnorm kingdoms and delicate looking Dhows from Quadira or Geb. It doesn't take much more than a few coppers for one of the local ferrymen waiting with their skiffs and poles to take the drunken sailors back to their vessels to point out the Blue Nixie. A shake of the head and a warning "She ain't the friendliest of vessels. Don't know what they is carrying but it stinks to high heavens!".

Down the end of pier five and then moored some 100ft out in the estuary she lies. A graceful triple masted caravel some 120ft long. Even in the dim evening moonlight you can see a trio of pirates on deck clustered around a brazier. A faint sound of singing and and the glint of a flask being passed around suggesting that they are not the most attentive of guards.

Spoiler
    Show

All 3 guards are currently in the forecastle (location B3)

Solomon

The inquisitor, lurking in the shadows watches the boat over the choppy dark waters. Waters known for their eels... "Its a long swim in armour. Reckon we can find a boat? Or shoot 'em from here?" He pats his crossbow as he speaks.
    Last edited by DrK; 2013-08-08 at 02:27 PM.
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

5. - Top - End - #35

NecromancerGirl

Looking out across the water at the boat clearly positioned to stop anyone getting a closer look or investigating. "They really haven't made things easy have they? Still, it does mean when we get on board they'll know we definitely mean business and at that point it really is a case of death or glory... unless you gentlemen are prepared to get wet, which i personally and rather against." Looking the distance over and back to Soloman with a wry little grin. " No harm in a few "warning" distance shots to help us get on board easier and thin their numbers. I cant see this going completely without bloodshed anyway, and to the victor goes who shot who first. Besides, their choice of moaring and making it overly difficult to have our polite but firm chat with this Vrak fellow, i rather think we own them a little trouble of their own." Looking again to the boat, to the distance and to her companions she muses. a while thinking of the options and letting her own words see if they draw anything from either of the other two.

6. - Top - End - #36

RogueGuy

"I would prefer the more subtle approach and we get a boat and slowly get to them, then board a side and see who we can pick off with out alarming anyone. This means that if they do come out we are not stuck on the side shooting."

I will ask around for a small boat with paddels and look for the most sneaky route.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am presuming that Dirkwood is with us and not well whoring. If not we will have to go back and get him

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Solomon

The tall inquisitor glanced about. Plenty of ferrymen. A few silver for the ride and a gold to keep quiet and we will be well aboard.

Looking around at the other two. can you nous handle yourself in a fight?

8. - Top - End - #38

NecromancerGirl

Looking the witch hunter back dead in the eyes when she replies "I may look like a helpless little fiend to you, but i assure you while im no weapon master, i am a great help to anyone who i stand with, and a greater hindrance to anyone who wishes to oppose me." With a warmer smile she adds "If its bad luck to have a woman on board ship, those sailors will soon realise its considerably worse fortune to have me there"

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

Darth rapidly finds a ferryman. A bearded old man with arthritic finger and almost webbed toes. Decades of ferrying the drunks giving him an encylopedic knowledge of the tides and the marina's small dens and winding ways.

He eyes Darth without fear or stress. "It'll be 2 silver for the ferrying fer you and yer friends. But it'll be 5 of 'em shiny gold ones for the silence."

Spoiler
    Show

assuming you agree...

Paddling softly the old ferryman has barely a glance for Dirkwood, Darth or Solomon but looks askance at the witch. A hand almost reaching out to touch the wings before he draws them back.

The boat ghosts up by the hull of an old crab hauler "The lucky lobster", the small skiff's prow just inches from the larger fishing merchant. The old ferryman looking at the Nixie now only 30ft away, its large stern towering above you and the small boat. Lights in the aft castle windows leaking through the shutters mingling with the sounds of jeering and tinkling music.

Spoiler
    Show

You are 30ft away form the aft of the Nixie. What's your plan?

10. - Top - End - #40

NecromancerGirl

Ophelia gives the wizened ferryman a friendly smile to try to put his fears to rest, but seeing an oh so common look in his eyes. When at the 30ft point in a careful whisper Ophelia discusses options with the others "Not shying from the fight, but knowing you two seem quieter, more practised and better equipped for this sort of thing, perhaps one of you two should lead the way?" she says gesturing to Dirkwood and Darth"and once up ill follow to support with Solomon. Once we are up, we drop that group fast and hard and then take the ship before they know what's hit them. But im open to other ideas should any of you have a more entertaining plan. And right now would be the point you tell me you have a code or belief system or religion that forbids you from accepting magical assistance from a half breed fiend like me" she eyes Soloman directly for this "because once anything exciting starts i wont be asking again before i help you, and i need to know now if you have an issue with my magic."
    Last edited by ShineyDuck; 2013-08-08 at 05:44 PM.

11. - Top - End - #41

PirateGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    where abouts are the guys on deck?

"T'would be best if we were all on board as quickly as possible. Corner Vark and offer his crew (less Vark's officers) the option of a decent job or leave in the longboat."

"Saving that, gut the lot of em, starting with Vark"

Dirkwood checks and readies his pistol and considers handy ropes/ladders to aid the climb.

12. - Top - End - #42

RogueGuy

"I agree (with a sour face) with Dirkwood, to a point we all go abord, but I believe it best to sneak on and cut down thoughs around so that the alarm can not be raised. This should make the task easier."

I will pay the ferry man 2 gold and tell him I will give 4 gold when we get back to land and climb into the boat.

"I surggest that WE row (me and Dirkwood) and follow this path (the one I have plannd out as the most sneaky)"

Once on the boat I will get out the grapple hook and the rope, put the two together and pick up an ore.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sneak roll on OOC

"My plan is to start at the top and work are way down with will ensure that he will not have any reinforcements when we face him."

13. - Top - End - #43

NecromancerGirl

Ophelia listens and nods to both Dirkwood and Darth as this plan seems like the one they are going with."Ill follow your lead, and be right on your shoulders when this all starts" She touches the shoulder all 3 of her colleges in turn (assuming Soloman hasn't spoken up yet) casting a minor incantation as they aim to stealthily approach. "This is a minor amount of fortune you can call on when you think you need it most, but it isn't long lived. Ill try to keep replenishing it as much as i can when im not harassing the enemy"

Spoiler
    Show

Guidance cast on each of them and myself. And will be trying to maintain this as much as i can throughout the boarding action, when im not casting other spells or hexes.

Guidance: - Duration 1 min or till discharged
    This spell imbues the subject with a touch of divine guidance. The creature gets a +1 competence bonus on a single attack roll, saving throw, or skill check. It must choose to use the bonus before making the roll to which it applies.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

Solomon

The witch hunter nods his head and checks that a bolt is loaded in his x-bow and the sword is loose in his scabbard. Meeting Ophelia's gaze he replies levelly "I have no objections to magic Lady. Only the summoning of fiends from the Abyss do I object to."

As he listens to the suggestions of Darth and Dirkwood he nods and. "Sounds like a plan." Waiting patiently he watches as Darth creeps up the side of the boat like a ghost...

--------------------------

Darth creeps up the side of the boat, dropping the grappling hook down and allowing the others to creep up and drop behind a large crate of assorted shipping gear.

The deck is in near darkness, a bit of light creeping up from the two hatches on the deck and leaking through the door into the aftcastle. Up at the front the 3 pirates continue to drink and chat loudly beside their brazier keeping a poor watch.

The deck is dirty covered in dung and dirt and the sound of a myriad of animals squeak and chirp and bark from below decks. Sadly just as the party prepare to ambush them Solomon slips, the heavy chain brushing against the deck with a loud clink. One of the pirates looking up "Who's there?"

Spoiler
    Show

Players go first!

Here is a map with letters for the your names
    Di= dirkwood
    Or= Orphelia
    Da= Darth
    So= Solomon
    P1-3 are pirates

Don't feel the need to post in Init Order
    You are in darkness and have concealment and will do until within 20ft for the pirates.

Last edited by DrK; 2013-08-09 at 01:23 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45

NecromancerGirl

Ophelia (no R in there!) gazes out across the deck to where the pirates are, her darkvision picking out most of the route toward them before it ends and the fire makes out the rest. She looks for anything near the pirates them that might be extra flammable to help cause a distraction for the groups approach. She waits for her more martial allies to lead the way, and her gazing over the route takes her a couple of moments. She will cast guidance on her nearest ally Soloman, replenishing it to the full minute duration and hoping it will aid his shot if he opts to take it. Apart for her mumbled spell casting she says nothing out loud.
    Last edited by ShineyDuck; 2013-08-09 at 01:54 PM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

Solomon

Solomon curses under his breath "Rauvagog's spiked triple ****." before freezing and leaning against the small boat on the deck and hoping the pirates would ignore the noise.

Spoiler
    Show

Stealth (1d20+1)[7] - not expending guidance
    Perception (1d20-7)[11] (distance, drunkness and darkness)

The massive repeater crossbow inlaid with Valkyries on the ammo casing is brought up and levelled at the Pirates. If anyone looks like he is about to shout then Solomon plans to blow him away...

Spoiler
    Show

If the pirates make a noise or freak out then he'll fire.
    Or if Darth or Dirkwood run into the action
    Ready to fire (1d20+3)[22] Damage (1d10)[4] = 11 with crit in OOC
    * guidance expended
    Last edited by DrK; 2013-08-09 at 04:17 PM.

17. - Top - End - #47

PirateGuy

Holding position, with pistol at the ready.

Stealth (1d20+3)[17]

18. - Top - End - #48

RogueGuy

Darth will turn to the other "Mr loud please stay here and give cover on P3, Dirkwood can you cover off P2 or if you are feelling blond move closer, Miss umm do what you can. I will move forward and try to brake the alarm and move into a better position and will take P1." (quitely)

Darth will search of the near bell/alarm to the guards.

Spoiler
    Show
    Roll Peseption [roll 1]

If I see a bell/alarm I will look to go over to it and disarm it and move in knife range (10ft) near a few boxes (if possible).

Moving forward, I will draw a knife.

Spoiler
    Show
    Stealth roll using the guidance [roll 2]

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

The pirates all looks suspiciously into the darkness of the deck before they start moving down the stairs. Two of them rushing down the steps as they draw their cutlasses, the other moving towards a bell on the front of the ship...

A move that was short lived as Solomon's crossbolt came flying from the darkness and slammed into the pirate's head. Brains and blood leaking from the wound as the pirate collapsed lifeless to the dirty decks. The other two pirates looking around with a "huh!" and look of shock.

Cranking the bolt of the his crossbow Solomon coldly levels the bolt at the next pirate and fires again... The bolt piercing his throat and toppling him to the deck in a bloody heap!

Spoiler
    Show

Round 2
    Solomon fires at the P2 (1d20+3)[17] Damage (1d10+1)[9]

Pirate 2 - also dead now. Only P1 lives

Last edited by DrK; 2013-08-10 at 09:13 AM.

20. - Top - End - #50

NecromancerGirl

With 2 of the pirates already dropped, and Darth positioned to strike and Dirkwood offering cover fire should the final pirate charge, Ophelia will hold her position for now re casting guidance on Soloman having helped him to make an easy mark of the first 2 targets with her spell previously. Again, other than the spells incantation she says nothing.
    Last edited by ShineyDuck; 2013-08-10 at 09:20 AM.

21. - Top - End - #51

RogueGuy

Assuming that I am in range and have actions (as I have moved).

Darth will, seeing the other pirates go down, and (try) lodge a knife in P1 throat.

Roll Attack [roll 1]

Roll Stealth [roll 2]
    Last edited by Luke GG; 2013-08-10 at 10:10 AM. Reason: english

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

Even as a second pirate falls with a bolt to the head a shadow moves to behind the last pirate just as he moves to shout. A hand over the mouth a wet tearing of a dagger slicing through a throat ends that. The deck now clear of pirates.

A lit door into the aft cabin or trapdoors to below decks beckoning you.

23. - Top - End - #53

PirateGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Aft cabin as it would be a typical captains cabin and we're right next to it..

Dirkwood moves (and attempts to open) the aft cabin door, pistol levelled.
    Last edited by Mark_L; 2013-08-10 at 12:48 PM.

24. - Top - End - #54

RogueGuy

Darth will go over and retrieve the knife from the body and quickly search P1 - 3 for any keys etc. (the real looting will have to wait.)

(the below might be too late)

After this I will go over to Dirkwood "Do you want me to go in first I appear to be more ummm sutble (smiling) that you. I can gauge the resistance in the room."

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

Darth rifles quickly through pockets of the pirates and grabs 3 small belt pouches (~15gp in assorted coinage) but they seem pretty poorly equipped aside from that.

Dirkwood kicks open the door with a resounding crash and light spills out. The ugly and scarred Vark sprawls in a chair with a bottle of rum one hand and the other resting on the rump of a fairly ugly female pirate.

The source of the noise is the second female singing badly about a pirate who fell overboard and had to ride an increasing selection of sea creatures to get back to land. All are surprised as Dirkwook kicks open the door!

Vark barely has time to snarl a curse... "Gorum's spiked balls..." before he starts reaching for his cutlass and pistol...

Spoiler
    Show

You have a surprise round
    Vark and 2 pirates in the room

Initiatives
    Baddies (1d20+2)[6]
    Solomon (1d20+2)[20]
    Ophelia (1d20+3)[20]
    Darth (1d20+3)[16]
    Dirkwood (1d20+4)[15]

So it goes Surprise round
    Player Round 1
    Bad guy round 1 (If any are left alive!)

Do people prefer a map like this with picture tokens?

Last edited by DrK; 2013-08-10 at 01:45 PM.

26. - Top - End - #56

PirateGuy

Dirkwood levels his pistol at Vark and unleashes a volley...

Spoiler
    Show

Pistol Attack (1d20+5)[13] (vs touch at this range)
    Pistol Damage (1d8+1)[7] (applying point blank because of range)
    Will also spend a point of grit for an extra (1d6)[4]

"Nobody move or the next one goes where the sun don't shine"

Spoiler
    Show

With my next turn I will reload with an alchemical cartridge (move) and prepare to shoot Vark. As a swift I will deploy my wrist sheath dagger.

27. - Top - End - #57

NecromancerGirl

Ophelia throws her cape down as she moves, spreading her wings out menacingly behind Dirkwood, her tail lashing out and drawing her athame with it and holding it ready should she need it. Assuming he is reeling but not dead from the blast from Dirk's pistol she glares first at him, and then his pirate whores, before looking back to him and focusing her dark powers.

Spoiler
    Show

Slumber hex on Vrak:

1 damn round!!!! Its my level not int modifier so very very weak right now! DC 14 to resist. otherwise works like sleep spell.

That was the surprise round. In the normal round she will look at all three of the targets (assuming Vrak hasnt already hit the dirt snoozing), and in a gutteral unearthly voice she hasn't let the group hear before will suggest the pirates"surrender right now, or ill have my men cut the bits i want to devour off you without any remorse! Cowardice right now might spare your lives... if im feeling merciful"

Spoiler
    Show

bluff/intimidate check
    bluff is at a +4 over intimidate, but its an intimidating action but also mostly based on bluff as she has zero intention of eating anyone. so making one "upset them" roll and ill let u factor the necessary skill in. Bluff = +7 intimidate = +3

[roll]1d20[/roll]

i rolled in the ooc when this didnt work...
    Last edited by ShineyDuck; 2013-08-10 at 06:03 PM.

28. - Top - End - #58

RogueGuy

If Varks is down I will move in and get to the back.

and talk to the not so nice ladies "You best leave quickly and quitely for your own good. (with this I will draw the blooded knife)."

To the rest "I think it best to remove the weopons and get him to sit and talk"

If he is not down I will move in and get near to the back.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

The doors flies open and Dirkwood strides in gun blazing, the ball slamming Vark against the back of his chair. The room freezes in the expanding cloud of gun smoke.

Even as Dirkwood challenges them Ophelia follows them up with a threat that chills the blood of the women as they take in the demonic witch standing before them wreathed in smoke. Darth sliding in to be beside them with the blood coated knife threatening violence.

---------------------------------------

Solomon

Solomon joins in standing behind Dirkwood bolt locked and loaded and readied to fire if anyone twitches....

Spoiler
    Show

Ready to shoot nearest pirate if they cause trouble (1d20+3)[7] Damage (1d10)[5]

---------------------------------------

Even as the two female pirates stand still hand raised in shock and fear Vark is made of sterner stuff. And has more to lose! With a great shout of "To Arms ye scurvy buggers" he begins to reach for the pistol...

Spoiler
    Show

This will trigger Solomon and Dirkwood's readied actions

Ophelia and Darth can also get their actions

Even as he begins shouting you can all hear the sound of crashing and banging behind you from below decks....

30. - Top - End - #60

NecromancerGirl

Ophelia casually shakes her head at Vrak with an air of disappointment. In her usual voice, though stronger and with a more pronounced regal tone she declaims "You will either live to rue that mistake Vrak... or you will be too dead to realise. Either way fate has deemed ill will on you and any who aid your doomed existence." She flashes a quick look at the 2 wenches who have surrendered for now making sure to catch their eye, before turning her attention back to their leader.

And as she glares at him again her dark power engulfs him once more.

Spoiler
    Show

Evil eye again, though this time targeting attack. Same save DC=14. success is 1 round fail is 6 rounds. -2 to attack that stacks with the -2 to AC.