New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [FWM] Game of Ponies

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Moonshine can be checked in on afterwards. The mare is probably off doing secret royal stuff. Well, slightly more secret royal stuff than the hippogriff is up to at the moment. Time being what it is, Riposte keeps the armor on and flies from the castle grounds down to the guard office to collect the images.
    The detective was waiting for the hippogriff, it seemed. He gave a slight nod as Riposte landed, and strode up to her. "We got the copies made." He jabbed a hoof back at the office. "And still making them, last I checked. Anyway, you wanted one set, right?" He held up a small paper bag.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    The detective was waiting for the hippogriff, it seemed. He gave a slight nod as Riposte landed, and strode up to her. "We got the copies made." He jabbed a hoof back at the office. "And still making them, last I checked. Anyway, you wanted one set, right?" He held up a small paper bag.
    "One set and the originals, for safe keeping. Your copies are good enough to make copies of, correct?" Not that Riposte doesn't trust the investigation force per se, it's that everything will go a lot smoother keeping sensitive items inside the castle. "Plus we don't want these experts to have any excuse to complain about not having the source for whatever reason they come up with."
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ettin in the Playground

"One set and the originals, for safe keeping. Your copies are good enough to make copies of, correct?" Not that Riposte doesn't trust the investigation force per se, it's that everything will go a lot smoother keeping sensitive items inside the castle. "Plus we don't want these experts to have any excuse to complain about not having the source for whatever reason they come up with."
    "Oh right, the originals. Hm, Dark Room wouldn't be pleased. He insists that the original are needed to make copies. Something about the script being too faint to read from the copies or something," the detective said thoughtfully, frowning.

4. - Top - End - #304

"Oh right, the originals. Hm, Dark Room wouldn't be pleased. He insists that the original are needed to make copies. Something about the script being too faint to read from the copies or something," the detective said thoughtfully, frowning.
    "If you have copies on-hoof for your department to work with, I'll see about getting the originals back once the castle's done with them. I understand they'll need to be entered in as evidence eventually?"

Riposte doesn't try to sound too stern in that last remark. This seems like the kind of minor annoyance that the ponies here will soon forget.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ettin in the Playground

"If you have copies on-hoof for your department to work with, I'll see about getting the originals back once the castle's done with them. I understand they'll need to be entered in as evidence eventually?"

Riposte doesn't try to sound too stern in that last remark. This seems like the kind of minor annoyance that the ponies here will soon forget.
    "Yes. Officially anyway. Oftentimes, we usually never see them again. Something, something state secret and too dangerous to be kept by us." The detective seemed more resigned than annoyed. "Still, at least I get to use your authority to talk to the captain, eh? Wait right here." He turned and headed back into the station.

6. - Top - End - #306

"Yes. Officially anyway. Oftentimes, we usually never see them again. Something, something state secret and too dangerous to be kept by us." The detective seemed more resigned than annoyed. "Still, at least I get to use your authority to talk to the captain, eh? Wait right here." He turned and headed back into the station.
    Riposte, like as she was asked, waits right there for a moment. Nothing is gained by pressing for immense haste. She'll fly back though.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ettin in the Playground

Riposte, like as she was asked, waits right there for a moment. Nothing is gained by pressing for immense haste. She'll fly back though.
    A slightly uncomfortably long wait awaited Riposte, but at long last, the detective re-emerged with a carefully wrapped and bound bag. "Here. Captain's isn't happy -- hell, Dark Room isn't. But security first, right?" A rueful grin graced his face. "Try not to lose this one."

8. - Top - End - #308

A slightly uncomfortably long wait awaited Riposte, but at long last, the detective re-emerged with a carefully wrapped and bound bag. "Here. Captain's isn't happy -- hell, Dark Room isn't. But security first, right?" A rueful grin graced his face. "Try not to lose this one."
    Riposte takes the original and stows it away with the copy. An unhappy captain can be easily dealt with through results, and there should be some information forthcoming.

"I'll return once I get the translation."
    Unless stopped, she'll then fly back to the castle.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ettin in the Playground

Riposte takes the original and stows it away with the copy. An unhappy captain can be easily dealt with through results, and there should be some information forthcoming.

"I'll return once I get the translation."
    Unless stopped, she'll then fly back to the castle.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, sorta stalling here while we work things out. Where might Riposte be going?

There won't be anyone stopping her. Certainly not one of her authority, even if they were inclined to.

10. - Top - End - #310

Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, sorta stalling here while we work things out. Where might Riposte be going?

There won't be anyone stopping her. Certainly not one of her authority, even if they were inclined to.
    Riposte, being the straightforward kind of hippogriff decides to head back to the library to deliver the papers to the librarian. Of course, with the way this kind of thing usually goes, there's probably some sort of unspeakable conspiracy that already took the librarian... or something.

Equestria has weird politics.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #311
    Ettin in the Playground

Riposte, being the straightforward kind of hippogriff decides to head back to the library to deliver the papers to the librarian. Of course, with the way this kind of thing usually goes, there's probably some sort of unspeakable conspiracy that already took the librarian... or something.

Equestria has weird politics.

Would she expect anything less? When she returned, the door to the Dusty Covers' room was locked. If she inquired, she'd be told that the librarian had left in a great hurry after a summon by the Princess herself. Whatever it was, she'd need to hang on to the papers for a bit longer.

12. - Top - End - #312

Would she expect anything less? When she returned, the door to the Dusty Covers' room was locked. If she inquired, she'd be told that the librarian had left in a great hurry after a summon by the Princess herself. Whatever it was, she'd need to hang on to the papers for a bit longer.
    Hmmph. It seems like she's going to be waiting for a while then. Unscheduled talks with the princess tend to take a while. Then there's the thought that there's something about the current investigation being discussed that's going to get in the way. Nothing to do now for Riposte but to sit on her haunches and wait.
    Spoiler
    Show