New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Shadows of the Past IC 3

@Irraly: Otis the barkeep looks at some amateur bard plucking some chords off his lute.

"Are...are you sure, madam? I mean. The crowd is drunk and..slightly aroused."

As you give the old bald human a piercing stare, he rushes to the amateur musician and whispers something in his ear.

The bard looks at you then back at him and whispers back.

Otis shakes his head and points towards one of the tables as the bard sighs, gets up and picks his chair as he places it back on a random table.

The barkeep comes in, slightly nervous.

"Madam, the stage is yours...you aren't going to fight anyone, are you? Please tell me you aren't."

@Meic: Otis carries a chair and places it a few feet from the stage.

"As instructed by your guest. Front and center."

Otis gets closer to you.

"Does she wish to be announced? Does she have a name she wishes for me to call?"

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ettin in the Playground

"That'd be much appreciated, Otis. I'd help, but I'm afraid I'd probably just get in the way."

Meic turns to Irraly. "Er... I was going to go up to the room. I don't particularly like these fancy robes; I'd much rather just wear my regular black ones." He nods to the bar. "The food's not bad, and the ale's pretty good, if you like that sort of thing. I lock my door and window; make sure you've got whatever you want in the room when you go up there. I don't want to be woken in the middle of the night."

He sighs as she leads him up to the stage. "I suppose I can wait a bit. This isn't going to take long, is it?"

He turns to Otis and shrugs. "I've got no idea, honestly."
    A few odds and ends.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Bugbear in the Playground

As what I have asked for is carried out I look at the man and Smile. No harm will come I promise, though you may earn some extra coin. as for my name, Just let them know the dark maidens dance is about to begin and to keep in their seats is they value there hands. She says with a smile before smiling at Meic. Keep your eyes on me now and enjoy your show. She says nodding as she covers the stage in a globe of darkness. getting undressed in it until she is complete bare, and once done she takes out her sword, Oh may this bring you the praise you deserve Dark Maiden. and with that she alights herself with a purple flame, highlighting her body as orbs of light begin to fly around the stage in purples, blues, and greens. This is when all in the tavern can hear a voice coming from the darkness as it dissipates, revealing her as naked as a new born child as she sings, her eyes always on Meic when they are able.

Hush, child, the darkness will rise from the deep,
    And carry you down into sleep
    Child, the darkness will rise from the deep,
    And carry you down into sleep.

Guileless son, I'll shape your belief
    And you'll always know that your father's a thief
    And you won't understand the cause of your grief
    But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

Loyalty, loyalty, loyalty, loyalty
    Loyalty, loyalty, loyalty only to me.

Guileless son, your spirit will hate her
    The flower who married my brother, the traitor
    And you will expose his puppeteer behavior
    For you are the proof of how he betrayed her loyalty.

Hush, child, the darkness will rise from the deep

Guileless son, each day you grow older
    Each moment I'm watching my vengeance unfold
    The child of my body, the flesh of my soul
    Will die in returning the birthright he stole.

Lyrics from <a href="http://www.elyrics.net">eLyrics.net</a>
    As the song goes on Irraly steps off of the stage dancing around Meic and playing flirtatiously with violet, slowly making her way back up the stage as the song comes to an end, swaying her hips back and forth for his enjoyment. The game was on, and the hunt had begun.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

@Irraly: Otis the barkeep steps on stage and raises his hands.

"Fine folk, please! We are honored in having a special presentation tonight! The Obsidian Lady. Dark maiden of the snow hair! Please raise a glass and puts your hands together for her!"

The patrons hoot and cheer as the Foaming Wench fill with thunderous applause.

Otis walks up to you and signals the stage.

"They're all yours, madam."

The crowd gasps as the drak globe manifests on stage and you begin singing.

Then the evocation dissipates and everyone's jaw drops as you start dancing like a true goddess of the moon with blade ever in hand.

One of the patrons gets up and walks towards the stage as Otis puts him in a choke and sits him down.

"No touching...trust me. You don't want to lose a hand, son."

@meic: Her form is perfect. Crafted by the finest sculptor from pure obsidian and tempered under moonlight.

Those curves that conjure forth ideas. Sensations.

The dark maiden from the Fey Woods moves her hips invitingly to you as she finishes her dance.

The crowd stays silent for a few seconds.

And then, the acclaim.

Otis brushes off the sweat from his brow as he pours himself a mug of ale and you walk past him, nose raised high.

"My lady! That was...that was. Well...I...I..you want a drink?"
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2013-08-11 at 01:25 AM.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

That night, Kara couldn't sleep. She finally jumped off the bed and woke up Melody, motioning for her to follow. They looked for someone, anyone. Well, perhaps not Wilhelm or Rosalind. Kara didn't want to talk about it right now. "Could we have a piece of paper, and ink?" Melody asked one of the waking acolytes.
    A wise monk trains both mind and body, but a smart monk is actually a swordsage.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

Alex can almost feel Myraims sorrow as she speaks to him, and for once he could tell someone understood how he felt. So you know the feeling as well then. Alex says, not a question as her eye betrayed it all.

AS Myriam takes his hand in hers e looks into her eyes. That creature has decieved my family and that of my emperor, you do not need my word that he will fail. And when I go back to my homeland I will destroy his heart for what he has done. Alex says anger at what Kazym had done in his voice. Thank you. Alex says simply, not needing to say more as he climbs up the rope and into the space laying down on the bed waiting for her to come in as well, unlike normal though he keeps his clothes on. He needed a friend right now, not someone to sleep with.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

@kara: You watch Aradia's back turned to you in bed, sleeping soundly.

And who could blame her? It had been a rollercoaster of a ride- in every single sense.

You shake Melody slightly and hush her scaled lips so she would make no noise.

The felldrake walks with you out the door and you watch a neophyte walking by, yawning and holding a candle in his hands.

The poor lad nearly jumps out of his bed garments as he sees you and Melody.

"Are you leaving us already? Paper and pen? Of course. Follow me."

The neophyte leads you downstairs and hands you a paper and a quill and ink.

"Have a good night, madam."

@Alex: You enter the portal and lay down on the bed as Myriam stays for a few seconds outside, looking at a round stone.

She then enters and shuts the portal.

"Sleep, Alex, I shall meditate a few feet away from you."

8. - Top - End - #98
    Troll in the Playground

Aradia stands blankly for a good minute, totally baffled. To the air, she says "What... just happened?"
    Eventually, she wanders away, back to the Wench, trying to figure out what happened.

She walks into the Wench with the lights out, Irraly beautifully dancing nakedly around the bar, quite close to Meic, not really believing her eyes. What the f**k is happening tonight?
    She stands in the back of the bar during the performance, red in the face and trying to seem small: not her usual demeanor. As the performance draws to an end, she rubs sleepiness out of her eyes. I think I just need to sleep...

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

@Aradia: You get up from the bed at the pelorite temple and find that you are alone.

Heading out the front door you go back to the Wench, just in time to watch this dark elf, Irraly dancing for Meic and the entire Wench...nude.

As the crowd cheers, Irraly picks up her armor and walks with the poise and grace of a true elven noblewoman, ignoring the drunk lards in the crowd.

You can see Meic still sitting on his chair as Otis stutters and sweats profusely, trying to talk to the beautiful drow.

10. - Top - End - #100

Irraly seems lost in and off herself as she dances, giving all to her goddess as she does so. Paying close attention to the partons , espically Aradia in the back who had just come in, annoyed she had not come closer though she merely looks at her when her eyes are not on Luthon the words coming out of her mouth as clear as day from her beautiful voice as if only for you,

As the song comes to a close she picks up her belongings and makes her way over to Meic, not bothering to get dressed as she takes his hand. Did you enjoy the performance? she asked teasingly as she brings him over to where Aradia was standing. I hope you enjoyed it as well it would have been much more enjoyable with you on stage, should we go again? Irraly asks Aradia, an amused look on her face as she holds out her hand to her. I do not need anything yet no.

Spoiler
    Show
    If Aradia declines Irraly will then ask her if she will share the room with her, Meic and violet as she did not want to be lonely.
    Last edited by Christine Daae; 2013-08-11 at 01:43 AM.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

Again thank you Myriam, for everything. Alex says rolling over and kissing her wooden mask before going to sleep.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Troll in the Playground

Aradia gives her a blank look for a second. All this was wildly not what she was used to. She thinks for a second: why not make this day a little weirder?
    "I'm not getting naked, just singing. And if I do this with you I get to ask you a question after."

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

@Alex: As you kiss Myriam's wooden mask, the fey covers you with a blanket.

"Get some rest, Alex."

Myriam lies against the wall opposite the bed and sobs in silence , yet no tears come down through the sockets.

Am I doing the right thing? Gods! Please give a sign, anything! I cannot endure this any longer. And she will not listen...

Myriam looks at the stone and her eyes widen.

Oh no...

Myriam quietly gets up and watches Alex sleep.

I'll be back shortly. You'll be safe here. Get some sleep and put your demons to rest.

@Kara: The acolyte takes the note, sealed.

"Have a pleasant trip, my lady."

You smile faintly at the acolyte as you and Kara shut the door quietly and behind you.
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2013-08-11 at 02:33 AM.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

"Thank you, Rosalind. I believe I shall rest here." Lúthon says, graciously accepting the generosity of the Church of Pelor. He decides not to venture out tonight, preferring to stay in and rest now, and get the mark taken care of early in the morning.
    "By the way, do you know the best thing about magic? ... Everything." - Sarda, 8 Bit Theater

Thanks to Madcrafter for the avatar!

15. - Top - End - #105

As Aradia agrees to dance and sing with her, Irralys eyes light up as if with a new passion. I wont be able to give us such a grand entrance as the last sadly. As for your clothes. Irraly says looking at them, It is your choice, though when worshiping and giving thanks to the Dark maiden Eilistraee it is only natural to be such. I suppose at least a little less clothing then would be enough to please her. Irraly says happily as she pulls Meic back to his chair telling Ottis as she goes to get the stage ready once more.

Relying on Violet this time for her flowers to enhance the dance she nods to Aradia, One question for you up on stage with me, fair trade. she says waiting for them to be announced, though this time she has no blade in her soft hands, that along with her other belongings she had left by Meics side. Shall I choose the song, or shall you? I know many. Irraly says with a kind hearted smile.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ettin in the Playground

Meic watches the performance in rapt attention, and smiles and applauds when Irraly finishes. "Impressive! I'm glad I stayed for the show." He glances at Otis, shakes his head, and chuckles.

He then gets up, and starts to head towards his room. "I'll be back out in a few minutes. I'll make sure there's room for that extra mattress, while I'm up there."

When Irraly returns with Aradia, he stops, unsure of what to do. He looks back and forth between the stage and the stairs. "Er... hrm."
    Last edited by Amidus Drexel; 2013-08-11 at 02:24 AM.
    A few odds and ends.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

In his sleep Alex seems to sense Myraims sadness and rolls over. Do not worry fey, this ones hatred shall slay the fiend. You just make sure he stays alive. A voice says to her, though it comes out of alexs mouth it is clearly not his.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

@Luthon: Rosalind bows.

"Have a restful night, Luthon. Father Wilhelm will see to your mark tomorrow, unless Alex decides to do it himself."

@irraly & Aradia: Otis is overjoyed as you request to sing again, and with Aradia, no less.

Otis finishes his ale and gioes up on stage.

"Fine folk! Before closing! A grand finale: The Obsidian Maiden and the Alabaster princess. Together. At the Wench!!!!"

19. - Top - End - #109

hurry along now, we will not start without you, after all comfort is needed for this next one. Irraly says with a seductive smile, knowing she had power over him. Something only a drow could think of at a time like this as she waited for Aradias answer.

20. - Top - End - #110

Once Meic has come back down and ottis has annouched them she casts once of her last spells to help with the stage, lighting it once more in purple's and blues, to highlight each one of their features as she begins the song she had quickly tried to teach Aradia as Meic got changed.

Now when the world is shadowed and dark
    Now when the sky is empty of stars
    Now when the world is wrapped in sleep
    In a quiet endless and deep
    In the silence of the night

Far off in the distance
    A fire comes to life
    A flicker of a flame breaks through the dark
    Burning soft and bright
    Dancing with the light
    Awakening the Heavens and the Earth

Far across the ocean
    A flame is rising high
    Breaking through the shadows and the dark
    Shining in the night
    Rising with the light
    Here to wake the Heavens and the Earth

Now as the light starts to rise
    Now as the day opens wide
    Now as the dreams slips away
    You wake to the day
    You wake to the light

Here as your dream falls away
    Feel as the dark turns to day
    Leave the shadows behind
    And the dream called in blind
    Turn into the light

Far off in the distance
    A fire comes to life
    Burning soft and bright
    Dancing with the light

Far across the ocean
    A flame is rising high
    Shining in the night
    Rising with the light

Far off in the distance
    A fire comes to life
    Burning soft and bright
    Dancing with the light

Far across the ocean
    A flame is rising high
    Shining in the night
    Rising with the light

To light

As she dances she makes it a point to bring Aradia into it with her, seductively, her obsidon skin clashing together with Aradias fine pale features, as she twirls this way and that, bringing there bodies close, and then far apart. Making sure as she sings to look into Aradias eyes, her breath always on her, as she winks at meic every now and then. The last dance had been for him, this one was for Aradia.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dance (1d20+7)[16]
    Sing (1d20+7)[12]

21. - Top - End - #111
    Troll in the Playground

Momentarily bolstered by the cheers of the crowd, Aradia has a surge of confidence. She steps on stage with the drow, whispering to her in draconic, "Lead the way."

Aradia begins the dance shakily, as she had never focused on learning how. Yet a few steps in she falls into a beautiful rhythm with Irraly, catching onto the song with ease. Half way through she gives the drow a look of apprehension, then frenetic enjoyment: the first time she has seen Aradia smile since they met.

Spoiler
    Show

dance - (1d20+3)[17]
    sing - (1d20+5)[20]
    Last edited by Business Scrub; 2013-08-11 at 02:49 AM.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

@Aradia & Irraly: The drow maiden is a succubus as she clearly leads the dance as black and white intertwine as a serpent to engulf it all.

Amidst her sensual coils your gaze fixes on her lavender eyes, which burn with a passion not even Avernus could match.

And your heart beats like an adamantine hummingbird, pecking at a stone cage, aching to get out.

Otis has two hold two patrons down as the crowd watches the dance without blinking once.

Dragon and Drow, engaged in combat eternal. Flying to the loftiest heights of Heaven, only to plunge into the Styx, whirling in a spiral of sensations.

And what a plummeting ride this is...

As both bow to the those assembled. The crowd roars in applause as a few even stand on the tables and clap pointing at them to be the next dance partner.

"Ok, folks! Last call!"

Otis walks up to both of you and hands Aradia a small pouch.

"For your...performance. May there be many, many more in the future."

Spoiler
    Show
    20gp

23. - Top - End - #113

The smile on Aradia's face makes the dance worth it as she twirls her around and around, in a never ending dance. As the two become one for the briefest of seconds Irraly lays a soft kiss onto her a smile appearing on her face as the dance comes to a close.

As the song ends Irraly is amused at how simple it was to please the crowd. Speaking in draconic she says with a smile, Never danced before hmmm. You took my breath away, and that voice. Irraly says with a kind smile as she walks down with Aradia towards Meic. I believe I owe you a question Aradia. And Meic I do hope you enjoyed. she says with a wink, as she sits on his lap looking up to Aradia, her hair creating a small thin layer between her body and Meic's.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Troll in the Playground

Aradia and Irraly finish the dance with a flashy spin, the two ending close together. Breathing heavily, Aradia ends with a grin, looking out at the raucous applause. Shortly, and as always in draconic, she says to the drow, "That was... wonderful."
    She gets a glass of water after, taking a seat on the edge of the stage when Otis comes up. She takes a peek inside the bag, and pulls out half the coins. Offering the other ten to Irraly, she says, "Split it?"

As they danced however, Irraly could strangely feel that, despite what it looked like, Aradia was covered shoulders to toes in armor. Some kind of steel, by the feel of it, heavily illusioned to appear as an elegant dress.

25. - Top - End - #115

After the dance was over Irraly looked at her dress once more and then at Aradia as if saying she had a bit of explaining to do when they were alone before adding from Meics lap, That is fine by me, just dancing with you though was a gift of its own. You are a marvelous dancer and I hope we enjoy this more often. Irraly says with a look in her eyes that said it all.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Troll in the Playground

Aradia returns the look, but not as expertly: whatever her apprehension before, she had either work through it or stopped caring about it. "I guess that makes you an expert leader then. ... Perhaps, at some point." She sounds a bit less certain about the last bit, but doesn't dwell on it. She stifles a yawn, and says, "It's been an exhausting day, anyway. I think I'm heading up."

27. - Top - End - #117
    Colossus in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

When they enter the tavern, Violet is speechless. This... this is almost exactly what the stories said it would be like. They were just missing the cloaked stranger who walks up to them, and gives them some sort of epic quest. Amazingly enough though, when the Barkeep offers her honey, it is like a light just filled her, and she flies around in a small circle in joy.
    "Honey? Yes, please!"
    She heads over to him, hoping desperately for some honey, and that there are no bees to defend it.
    However, sadly, Irraly asks for her help with dancing, and Violet, somewhat regretfully, flies over to her, and joins in, dancing, naked, and occasionally performing some truly epic leaps. After Irraly finishes, however, she pulls her grass dress back on, and flies over to the bar, to collect her honey, smiling cheerfully as she does.
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2013-08-11 at 09:45 AM.
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

John Smith, Playing in the Dollhouse
    Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    Grok Magmaforge, Iron Crisis
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

28. - Top - End - #118

As Aradia speaks Irraly looks at her a bit confused until she hears her yawn at least. Shall we all go then? Shall we be staying in Meics room or will you two make a girl walk between rooms? Irraly asks with a smile, slowly getting off of Meics lap and picking up her gear.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage1 View Post
    Alas, Violet's attention is rapidly stolen once more by the talking drake, and she flies down to her, excited.
    "You can talk! Can you tell me what it is like to be a dragon? Is it fun? Are you ok? What was it like, inside that Golem?"
    Melody looks up to the flying petal, curios herself. "Kara had bought me a gem that allows me to understand your language..." Melody says and opens her mouth. For a moment, a pearl appears on her tongue, before being absorbed back into it. Then she thinks. "Fun... I..." Melody exchanged a look with Kara. "Being stuck with such a messed up girl, how could it not be?" Kara smiled, petting Melody on the back.

She chooses to not respond about her experience in the golem.
    A wise monk trains both mind and body, but a smart monk is actually a swordsage.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Colossus in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Violet smiles, and gently flies over, landing on Melody, her bare feet running over scales.
    "You... you're lovely! Do you have any stories to tell? Why do you think she is messed up? Well, apart from being too big, anyway!"
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

John Smith, Playing in the Dollhouse
    Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    Grok Magmaforge, Iron Crisis
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss