New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Shadows of the Past IC 3

@Violet: Once the dance is over you glide to the bar and Otis places a glass of wine filled with sparkling golden honey.

"Dig in. You earned it."

@The Party: Everyone finally rests their head on a pillow- be it one made of cloth and stuffed in goose feathers or Irraly's.

It has been a violent night. A strange night. And yet, the questions remain...with very few answers.

Day 8

@The Party: Everyone gets up a few hours later than usual and head downstairs where a yawning Otis leans against his broom and a few patrons have fallen asleep on their tables, a warm mug of ale in this hand.

"Good morning". Otis yawns. "Let me get a table cleaned up and I'll cook you some breakfast.

@Alex: You wake up and watch Myriam rising from the ground.

"I hope you have slept well, Alex. Praying here won't do for you, since there is no sunlight. Let us leave this room."

You follow Myriam outside and the portal and this one closes.

The sky is slightly less grey this morning and with a lot less people, expect the pilgrims, of course.

"Please do not forget what we spoke about last night, Alex. I hope we meet again soon."

Myriam walks a few paces ahead from you and disappears.

@Alex: After kissing Myriam on her wooden mask the nymph stays silent as she walks away, hopeful to be seen again.

You then stay in silent prayer at dawn and head to the city.

What a mess. Trash everywhere from last night. Not to mention the duke's palazzo that was heavily damaged. At least there is no blood here, only cheap ale and vomit from some of the drunks.

You head up to the Pelorite chapel, where Luthon and Archaidous are sitting on the pews silently, listening to a mass, courtesy of Wilhelm.

The two elves aren't interested in mass, clearly, but they were offered hospice, and they need you to remove the damn Mark.

Rosalind, kneeling in prayer, looks at you from the corner of her eye and resumes silent prayer.

Once mass is ended, Wilhelm walks up to you.

"I hope you have rested well, Alex. Sometimes a solid rest is needed after episodes like that. Luthon and Archaidous, I hope you have slept well?"

An acolyte bows to you as he walks up and hands you a letter.

"Father Anderson? This is for you, from Lady Kara."

The acolyte hands you a sealed letter.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

And this is how the letter goes.

Spoiler
    Show
    My Love

I am sorry that this is how you will find out, but I could not bear another confrontation. I told you before, I am selfish. Your recent behavior is just too much for me to handle. I was with you when you were taught and trained, and it seems that we learned different concepts. I believe that the law is supposed to serve and protect the people, but you act as if representing the law means that you are above others. The way you spoke to them, the way that you behaved. You didn't act as if you are responsible to their lives, but as if they were vile men that had to obey. You didn't listen to all the warnings and caused pain to those around you, to people that depended on you, yet you got angry at being called out on it. You can't accept responsibility. This is not the man I fell for. The man I fell for was loving and reasonable, he was compassionate. I could handle your lust to women, but you now lust for power, for leadership. I know you would say otherwise if you could, but people who do not wish to lead, do not act the way you did. You held to your power over them and would not listen to reason.

Goodbye.

Last edited by Sliver; 2013-08-11 at 11:45 AM.
    A wise monk trains both mind and body, but a smart monk is actually a swordsage.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Colossus in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

As Otis gives her an entire glass of honey, Violet's eyes go wide indeed. She had never seen so much honey in one place before. Indeed, it was too much for her to even eat! But... it was delicious, indeed!
    "Thank you!"
    Smiling, incredibly happy that she can have some of the rare and hard to get honey, Violet, crouching on the bar, enjoys her honey, managing, somehow, to get through a third of it, before, smiling contentedly, she falls down, going to sleep there, happy with her honey, and the drowsy warmth of the tavern.
    Irraly, seeing the poor tired petal, picks her up, and takes her with her to her room, not even awakening her.

In the morning, Violet awakens with the sunrise, as she always does, and she looks around at the others.
    "Wake up, sleepyheads! We can go to the forest now, and help!"

Oddly enough, you notice that you no longer stink, indeed, you almost smell of Violets...
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

John Smith, Playing in the Dollhouse
    Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    Grok Magmaforge, Iron Crisis
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

4. - Top - End - #124
    Firbolg in the Playground

Archadious listens to the sounds of prayer, freezing every now and then. Clearly annoyed by his Mark, he struggles to remain stoic. His night had been rather restless and he had certainly had a difficult time attempting to memorize spells for the day. As he watches the religious ceremony, he notices Alexander enter and receive a letter.

"I didn't know Anderson left last night, I wonder where he went."
    He thinks to himself.

He watches as the Pelorite reads the letter. He remembers the events of the previous evening, Luthons critical speech, the drows insulting remarks, and Alex's angry response.

"Maybe someone ought to try to be nice to the guy for a change"

With that in mind, he strolls over to Alex.
    Struggling to maintain a friendly attitude through the occasional activations of the Mark, Archadious greets him.

"Good morning, I didn't realize you had left. I hope the rest of your evening was a bit more peaceful."
    He gestures to the letter.

"Anything interesting?"
    He asks.
    Last edited by Niwrad; 2013-08-11 at 12:17 PM.
    "Now you'll see some real magic!"

Raikou Stormborn Thunder Incarnate and his elemental familiar Cyrus

5. - Top - End - #125
    Bugbear in the Playground

As The sun comes out Irraly stretches smiling up at the fey before the sun hits her eyes and she almost falls out of bed launching a bolt of pure blackness at it. Landing like a cat on her hands and feet she looks up to Viloet and kisses her. Your work I take it. Irraly says smiling still nude from the events of the night before as she looks at her other partner(s) in bed still and goes over gently placing a kiss on them. Time to wake up, or the drow may not let you leave her bed today. She says with a smile.

6. - Top - End - #126

GreenSorcererElf

Violet smiles as Irraly kisses her, still enjoying the sensation even after 75 years.
    "Of course. Everyone likes a garland! And they look so nice too."

Indeed, a garland of flowers adorns the heads of all those in the room, except for Violet, who hardly needs one, with her petal like hair.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

As Alex awoke the next morning and was greeted by Myriam he smiled at her as if she were a good friend. I did thank you, I only hope Kara was ok last night. I should of had her come with me. Alex says shaking his head as he puts his armor on and heads out of the little hole in time and space.

Once Outside Alex once more kisses Myraim on her wooden mask. I will do what I have promised. Just make sure you don't send any more thieves my way please. Alex said watching her leave before he began to pray.

After morning prayer Alex called upon shadowfax and made his way back to the pelorite temple to apologize to Farther Wilhelm and Rosalind, as well as to Kara for his actions last night. In high spirits after a good nights sleep he made his way into town. What he found when he arrived though could not have been farther from the truth as he was handed the letter and read it over and over, even falling into a pew to sit, tears in his eyes. Alex could not pull himself away from the letter, how, why. Thousands of things began swimming in his head as the letter finally fell to the floor, though still no words came from his mouth. Not even when Archadious had been kind, as for the first time in seven years he had been truly alone. Once again what he had loved had been taken from him, though this time it felt like with it a part of his soul had been taken as well as his inner demons tried to break free,

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

@Alex: You slump on the pews as the letter falls off your hand and drops on the ground.

You can swear it breaks the entire chapel and drowns you down to the Pit itself.

Tears want to come out, but there is nothing left.

Kara...

Your mind flies violently through the memories.

The tribes in the North.

That rainy night in an alley in Halmathan.

The hours spent by her side as she slept and reciting the old verses at the Pelorite Chapel.

Her eyes, a feral glare as she faced off against Balberith, who threatened Melody's life.

And now, all that swirls around in a very dark pool as nothing matters.

The inquisitor has suffered a blow, deadlier than any spell or blade.

Then a warm hand on yours, as Rosalind looks at you as she picks up the letter.

"Alex... you must go on. She will be back. I am sure of it. You are free to stay here as long as you want, but mourning her departure will not allow you to find closure. You are Alexander Anderson! Stand and face the challenges each day presents, that your fair maiden will one day be found. I promise I and Father Wilhelm will use everything at our disposal to locate her, Alex, but please. This hurts us...me, tremendously. I cannot see you defeated like this."

Wilhelm looks on and looks at the floor as he sighs.

"It is as Rosalind says, Alex. We will do our best to find her. And when she is found, I will contact you immediately."

9. - Top - End - #129

Archadious watches as Alex drops the letter, stunned. Archadious's curiosity is peaked. What could possibly have stunned the knight so much. Whatever it was, it can't be good.

"Mind if I take a look."

Archadious stoops down to retrieve the letter at his feet. As he stands up again, he looks at Alex to check if its not something the man wants him to read.

He quickly reads the letter, and understands the Pelorite's shock.

"Kara? Gone? That's... unexpected..."
    He looks back at Alex, and tries to show a little sympathy.
    "This must be hard on you. I am sorry. Was she just a friend? Or did she mean more to you?"
    Last edited by Niwrad; 2013-08-11 at 03:10 PM.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

@Meic, Aradia, Irraly & Violet: After a well deserved breakfast, you head for the Temple district.

It is impossible not to hear the murmurs of the crowd as Irraly and Violet walk past them- elves are somewhat common n Justcrown.

Yet a dark elf and a petal...not at all.

Comments whisper through the citizens about a demonic invasion at the palazzo. Of the duke's demise and that of every single guest. Stories of flying trees and lightning.

However, the Autumn festival was a day ago, and there was much drinking involved, so chances are it will be discarded as just that- drunken rumors.

You head to the pelorite chapel and find Alex sitting in one of the pews as Rosalind sits beside him, consoling him.

Luthon sits a few rows behind, still struggling with the mark as Archaidous stands next to the inquisitor and reads a piece of paper.

Wilhelm looks at all of you and bows.

"Welcome. I believe he needs as much cheer as he can get. Now, if you'll excuse me."

Wilhelm takes out a diamond and walks up to the altar and removes one of the shrouds, revealing Sir Lucian ironhelm.

Wilhelm crushes the diamonds as he intones a few ancient words in celestial and the diamond dust sprinkles over the hextorite's body.

After a few minutes, and with a gasp, Lucian Ironhelm opens his eyes.

"That duke! He is... where am I. Father Wilhelm?"

The old pelorite helps Lucian up as he motions to everyone in the room.

"You fell. And they brought you here. The duke will take care of the expenses."

Lucian Ironhelm, decidely not as strong as his brother Kalyn walks up to you, holding the pews for support. His stay in Acheron and the travel of his soul across the Astral and back here has been most taxing.

@Alex: Lucian manages to give you a military salute as he places the flail on a bench.

"You all have my thanks. As for the flail, I desire to purchase it. Meet me at the duke's palazzo when you have time and the transaction will be concluded."

@Irraly & Violet: As the man in armor walks out he raises an eyebrow at both, but says nothing, as he limps his way out. Clearly exhausted.

@Aradia: Wilhelm points to the other shroud.

"It is your call, dear. We can give him a most honorable burial or bring him back, soul willing, of course."

11. - Top - End - #131

GreenSorcererElf

As they walk through the city, Violet flies around, looking at all of the strange new things along the road, occasionally stopping and waving at the stunned humans along the way, smiling, and enjoying the attention. Indeed, she even pauses to play a quick game with some children along the way. Once there, she looks at Alex, and flies over to him, looking concerned.
    "Why so sad?"

As Lucien walks out, Violet looks surprised, and flies up to him, having never spoken to a formerly dead person.
    "Didn't you die? What was it like?"
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

@Violet: You fly up to the armored man, Lucian and ask him what it was to be dead.

The man gives you an annoyed look.

"Serving in Hextor's Bastion in the Great Clashing Cubes of Acheron is a sight few can forget or are able to. And yet, I have this..creature fluttering around me and asking questions that are not in her right to ask! Be thankful you are not in Geoff, little fairy."

Lucian makes one final salute to Wilhelm and leaves.

"Violet, dear. It would be best to leave sir Lucian be. Coming back from the Great Beyond is a most taxing experience. And many have different reactions to it."

13. - Top - End - #133

GreenSorcererElf

Violet, the ever cheerful little fey, seems to droop at this nasty response.
    "But... I was just curious..."
    She speaks softly, her voice barely more than a whisper.

After Lucien leaves, Violet flies up, and sits on an exposed beam near the ceiling for a minute or two, apparently coming to terms with what had happened.
    At, least, that seems to be the most likely explanation, as she flies down and lands on the podium, turning to address the group, her demeanor one of impatient cheer.
    "Can you please to go to the forest now? I... I can't think of what it must be like there now."
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

Lúthon sees Violet take the podium, and responds to her address, notably calmer than he was last night. "We will get to that, but first we have to get our Marks taken care of, collect our reward from the duke for last night, and probably equip ourselves for the mission ahead. After all, if we are facing undead, we may want to make sure we are ready for the task."
    "By the way, do you know the best thing about magic? ... Everything." - Sarda, 8 Bit Theater

Thanks to Madcrafter for the avatar!

15. - Top - End - #135

GreenSorcererElf

As Luthon explains that there are more delays, Violet frowns.
    "Are you sure? Will it make things better? Please, hurry!"
    Clearly, the poor fey is quite worried now that some of the newness of being in a city has worn off.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

Lúthon continues speaking calmly, now trying to calm the petal down. "Rest assured, being delayed perhaps a day at most to make preparations would give us valuable advantages. We are aware that the situation requires haste, but it is better to be prepared for fighting undead than to charge in too quickly and risk everything. We have faced these salt mummies of Kazym's before, as well as Kazym himself, and preparation is wise. Admittedly, too much preparation is a waste of time, as the fey woods are after all in jeopardy, but some preparation is preferable to none at all, I should think."
    "By the way, do you know the best thing about magic? ... Everything." - Sarda, 8 Bit Theater

Thanks to Madcrafter for the avatar!

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

@Luthon: Wilhelm listens to the situation.

"I am certain the duke will pay handsomely well for his life being spared. As for the undead you mention. Well, this is the House of Pelor. Fighting undead is our business, and we take it seriously. Alex has a few items granted to him as a reward some time ago, but I have made a new batch of holy water, if you are going to be facing these creatures. I also asked my acolytes to practice their brewing. The potions are good, if not too potent."

Wilhelm opens a cabinet and you see, neatly labeled twenty small vials.

"The first ten on the top row should be very effective against the unliving."

Spoiler
    Show
    10 vials of holy water, 250gp total

The bottom ten are good for the body and soul. Alternatively, they can harm the unliving as well."

Spoiler
    Show
    10 potions of CLW, CL 1st 500gp total

"If the forest is as infested as you claim it to be. You will need all the help you can. Alex, I know you use Cuthbert's power to fuel your spells. May i advice you do not? Who knows what creatures you might find in there that brute force may not be enough."

18. - Top - End - #138
    Troll in the Playground

Aradia wakes up, still very groggy from the effects of the mark, but handling it better this time around. What a strange night...
    She joins the others for breakfast, and follows to the Temple District. She shows the mace when it's brought up, and is happy to hear it will be sold.
    After, she gives Wilhelm a sad look. "Thank you Father. But I realized the material needs of a resurrection is something I just don't have. Whatever his upbringing, Adoben died a hero, however, and should be buried as such."

19. - Top - End - #139

GreenSorcererElf

Violet, while still worried, nods, and seems to accept this argument. Especially when Wilhelm offered holy water. However, Violet, discovering that she has none of this gold stuff(and is uncertain as to what it is, anyway), alas, is unable to buy any.

"Please, hurry! Who knows what those things are doing to my home. If they breach the coven, or reach the gardens..."
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

@Aradia: Wilhelm places his hand on your shoulder.

"I do not know what gods he serves, but they may be smiling upon him now after giving his life in such an honorable way. he will be buried in the small graveyard we have behind the Temple for our own. In consecrated ground."

The Neophytes carry Adoben's body in a shroud and to the back, where, after almost an hour of shoveling, a holde large enough to fit his wrapped body is placed gently inside.

Wilhelm gives you a white rose.

"It is said that these flowers guide the souls to their eternal rest. He was your friend, so I believe it is fair you place it on his chest and say the parting words before the earth reclaims his body."

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

Meanwhile, deep in the Fey Woods...

Ughhh!

A beautiful dryad with short olive hair and violet eyes is thrown against a tree as three more of her sisters surround a pair of salt mummies.

Two more dryads lies on the ground, their bodies smoking and bereft of all water.

"Sister Casyllyn, run! We can deal with them!" Two of the dryads draw scimitars as one prepares to cast a spell.

Casyllyn wrests herself out of the tree and looks at the indentation, running her hand across it.

Thank you, brother tree. For preventing my fall. I have another favor to ask of you, however...

Casyllyn looks yonder at a grove several hundred feet away.

"GO! I will deter these monsters..for our sisters that have fallen.GO!"

The dryads look at each other and then at the olive haired fey.

"But sister..."

"I said GO! I cannot risk more of you falling to them. Use the trees. Reach his grove. I will meet you there shortly."

The other three dryads shed tears as they turn tail and run, each leaping into a tree and disappearing.

One of the salt mummies looks like it used to be a half orc once, now his muscle mass incremented and salt encrusted. The other is shorter and walks with a hunch, moving erratically left and right. A cracked mask on its face and a few grey hairs on its bare head.

"Hehehhehehhee... you are alone now, fey! And nobody can help you..."

The half orc mummy croaks through dried vocal chords as both begin to surround Casyllyn.

The dryad's heart races. She knows she only has one chance, or else these two would finish her like they had done with her sisters on the ground. The idea that later she would have to put an end to her coven members was a terrifying thought, but the fey held her ground.

"I shall not fall to a pair of weak piles of sand and salt. Where you the discarded heaps of a shroud that is too terrified to show itself? I have no time for losers like you!"

Casyllyn, places her hand against the tree bark.

With an unearthly growl, both of Varian's former thugs rush at the dryad, smoking fists held high.

Now!

Casyllyn shuts her eyes and retreats into the tree as both mummies nearly obliterate her, instead punching the tree and leaving severe indentations on it.

Closer to the grove, Casyllyn emerges and can hear the frustrated roars of the mummies in the distance.

Thank you, brother tree...and I'm sorry. I promise I will tend to you once this is over.

Casyllyn looks at an enormous grove made of tangled roots and sighs in relief.

At least this place is safe...

Casyllyn walks inside and sees an enormous tree with its branches leading up to the domes ceiling, covered in thousands of roots, big and small.

Her eyes widen in horror as tears fill in her eyes.

"No...not you too, Old one! Why???"

The entrance to the grove is sealed by roots as Casyllyn looks back and prepares one of her most potent spells.

"I am sorry...I really am."
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2013-08-11 at 08:51 PM.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Troll in the Playground

Aradia stands over the grave after helping dig.

"What to say... I didn't know Adoben long, only a few days. But in that time, he showed the world what a difference our choices can make. Adoben gave his life fighting his slaver and his nature to do what was right. Even in his last moments, when his loyalty and character were called into question, he stood by his decision for good. His bravery should be an ideal for us to strive for, and he will never be forgotten."

Her short speech done, Aradia places the flower on his grave, and stands for a moment of silence. Eventually, she returns to the temple, with a bit of a heavy heart. "Are we ready to go?"

Spoiler
    Show

In retrospect, Adoben's story is quite tragic. I like to think that his last few moments of life were enough to change his alignment to good, and find solace in Bahamut's domain.

23. - Top - End - #143

GreenSorcererElf

After a touching ceremony, Violet once more addresses the group, speaking urgently.
    "Of Course! Please, we need to hurry! You want to give something to that mean man, right? He said that he would meet you at the palazio? Then why are you standing here?"

Violet starts leading the group to the palazio, hoping that they would follow, and that with her prompting, they could do this quickly, and then help.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

@Aradia: You place the white rose where his chest would be.

In a way, Adoben has sent you a message- one can change. Be redeemed. Even at the very end.

As the neophyte piles the earth on top, Father Wilhelm recites a small prayer and sprinkles the mound with holy water.

"He is now at peace, Aradia. I am sure that wherever he is, he smiles at you and will keep an eye out for you."

@The Party: Wilhelm and Aradia walk back inside the chapel as the Shaman stays silent for a moment, contemplating what has just happened.

"Well, ladies, gentlemen.... what will you do now? These two ladies seem to have an urgency to head for the Fey Woods and I will have to meet with the duke along with Mathilda to discuss new rules regarding security for this city. Last night has been a terrible wake up call that could've ended with a war at our doorstep."
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2013-08-11 at 09:20 PM.

25. - Top - End - #145

Archadious decides to leave Alex, who clearly seems to be speechless and want time alone. He wanders around, freezing from time to time, waiting for the others to arrive. After the funeral, he meets with the others.

"Father Wilhelm, I believe the three of us still need to resolve this issue with the Marks. She also needs to hear from either Aradia or Alex the events of the previous evening."
    The elf says, struggling to speak through the effects of the Mark.

"I also believe that Luthon would like to collect our reward from the Duke. Then I believe a trip to Silas's might be in order, although I don't know if he has restocked yet...

26. - Top - End - #146

GreenSorcererElf

When she is introduced, Violet waves brightly at the duke.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

@Archaidous: Wilhelm watches you freeze interminently during your speech.

"Yes, that Mark is becoming more of an annoyance than a penalty for lawlessness. My offer still stands- I can have all three marks removed now for a donation of three thousand coin. I know it is steep, but It will save you having to deal with Mathilda."

Regarding the duke's reward, Wilhelm nods.

"I believe you are entitled to one, yes. The man will likely be indebted to every noble house in Justcrown, gaining favors to rebuild his palazzo, if what I heard is true and it is nearly destroyed."

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

Seven years of meomries fly by in what seems like an instant as ALex withdraws in on himself seeing once more his shadow take form, though unlike before it has more human like features though covers itself in a red cloak. Both watch the memories fly by. Of Kara and more, all the way back to Veluna and more his mind seems to fly as if asking itself if everything he truly loved died or left him forever It is the road our kind walk Alexander Anderson and the sooner you acknowledge it the easier it will become. The figure on the side of him says more kindly enough, as it was even seen the pain in its own face. All we have our there memories. Be happy that they are fond ones. it says putting a golden clawed hand on him. Go back now. Prove her wrong, find her you know where she is. And when it is time you will remember. the demonic voice says to him letting him go and pushing him back out of their shared mind, leaving him in a desolate wasteland alone once more. If only I had been strong enough earlier to take more control and this dam seal was not so powerful. Acheron said looking at the faint barrier that surrounded the landscape he was in.

As Alex awakens from his inner self he feels warm hands on him and for a second turns, thinking Kara had played some sick joke. But as he turned his face to see Rosalind, the small amount of joy that had been on his face vanished and was once again replaced by his depression. No! Alex says sternly looking up at each of them. She left because of me, and it will be by my own powers that find her. Alex says asking fro the letter back and placing it into his fullplate. He then looks to Violet and Irrraly, saddness and anguish still on his face as he stands, very much defeated. I promised someone last night I would help stop this menace in the fey woods. But know killing him will not fully stop him. He is a creature from my land made by a ritual long forgotten most thought, and for good reason. To kill him you will have to destroy more then just his body, but also his soul. Otherwise your woods will never be safe, do you understand what I am saying? Alex asks before turning his attention to the next group of people.

Does it really matter any more Archadious what I felt for her or What she was to me. It was only in my eyes. Alex said emotions running hick through his voice and actions. Smiling at the small little fey Alex shakes his head. Hope you never have to understand little one. We have your family to save now though we should get moving. Alex says looking to Farther Wilhelm and taking out the necessary gold for all the items. Thank you, and know that if a message does not arrive in two weeks I have failed and to have Justcrown ready for war. Alex says looking at farther Wilhelm. The one who leads these undead was the adviser to the emperor of the Jade emperor himself, and for such a betrayal to happen means he has gone mad, though he is not foolish. Nor does he gamble much. Everything he does is planned. Each action a movement of a game piece. Alex says handing out the items to the others. You all will need these more then I will.

Next Alex looks to Aradia, I can lend you the money Aradia if you want to bring him back, know though that after I leave for the fey woods I will not be able to lend anything to anyone.For all I will have with me are my sword and other weapons needed to face the undead. Alex says kindly to her, though his voice is still littered with sadness speaking about setting all these undead to rest seems to be having a small effect on him.

Looking then to Luthon he adds. Let us go see Matilda now, and get those marks removed. And turn in this. Alex says pulling of his inquisitors cape and folding it up. It felt like all those years ago, the training he had to endure was finally over. He would not let the man control his life anymore like he had his daughters. Alex was not an Inquisitor like him, no he was a paladin. Kara's Paladin and a servant of the gods, not one, and having no ties to any church.

29. - Top - End - #149

GreenSorcererElf

Violet looks at Alex, concern warring with fear.
    "But... surely, if we defeat him, he will leave us alone? What could we have that would interest such a thing?"
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground

I do not know little one I do not know. I am sure in time we will learn though. The universe show all when it is ready. Alex says to her softly trying to ease her fear.