Page 6 of 53 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Shadows of the Past IC 3

@The Party:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Will post the palazzo scene later.

With renewed determination, Alex gets up as Rosalind looks at him, uncertain if her words have reached him in a good or bad way.

Heading to the Cuthbertine Fortress with the entire group, you are lead to Mathilda's, who gets up immediately and fixes her glasses as she looks on at the group.

"News have reached me already, Father Anderson. About the Autumn Ball fiasco. I was told it was you and everyone here who put an end to such madness. But was it necessary to level half the house? Also, where is Kara? And I believe the dark mistress in your group was looking for you last night, as well as the tiny fey."

Mathilda sits back down and gets out a quill and parchment.

"Well, start with your report on the events. The church needs to know everything so we can more effectively investigate this matter. Omit nothing."

2. - Top - End - #152
    Colossus in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Violet hardly seems re-assured, but as the others go to the Palazio, she follows.

And... back to the giving of the address to the duke.
    Back to the Cuthbertines then.
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2013-08-11 at 09:44 PM.
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

John Smith, Playing in the Dollhouse
    Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    Grok Magmaforge, Iron Crisis
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Sense motive on Rosalind and Wilhelm (1d20+15)[35]

Also everyone roll sense motive for Matilda saying Kara

Alex grits his teeth as Mother Matilda begins asking him a thousand questions, as if it was his fault the house had been leveled. First if I was the duke I would care less about my house and be happy people were there to keep me alive. Just like I am happy I am alive, and only because of the people with me. Alex says before tossing his inquisitors attire at Mother Matilda. Second I am no longer your lap dog or that of your church. I made it clear when I came to this rock that I belonged to no church, and all but you dam inquisitors have respected it. Especially that overzealous mad tyrant that started my training. Alexander says, And the marks will be removed now. Or would you like to explain to the duke why those who saved him are still being punished? Lastly you want an account, ask someone else. What am I your personal secretary. Alex says letting out a breath of fresh air. Gods that felt good.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Troll in the Playground

Aradia stares at Alex, shocked and slightly amused. Damn, who would have thought Alex had it in him to give his beloved church the good old 'f**k you'? Maybe I misjudged him. Part of him. Slightly. But where is Kara..? She wasn't at the Wench last night. Could she still be asleep? I suppose I couldn't blame her.

Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by Business Scrub; 2013-08-11 at 10:37 PM.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

@Alex: Mathilda, for the very first time, at least for you, opens her mouth as if to say something and then shuts it again as the inquisitor cape is tossed on her desk. The cuthbertine symbol spins on the ground and lands a few feet away from you as the sun's light catches the cross.

Mathilda fixes her glasses and stands up, looking at you and then at the cape and symbol.

Wordlessly, she beckons for Aradia, Luthon, and Archaidous to step forward as she shuts her eyes for a few seconds.

The room glows in emerald light as three symbols of the cudgel project from the marked ones and dance around the walls and ceiling before disappearing and the room regaining its natural light.

The three of you feel the headache gone. The Mark has been lifted.

Mathilda looks at Alex very sternly.

Alexander Anderson, you have prevented a major catastrophe on this...rock, as you so aptly put it. For that, the church and the city are grateful."

Mathilda walks around her desk and picks up the cape and cudgel badge, a sign of office as an inquisitor.

"However, due to your actions now, I, Mother Mathilda, Head priestess of the Cudgel in Justcrown, dismiss you of your duties as an Inquisitor. I will have a report sent to every church in the continent detailing these actions. You serve the Cudgel no more, Alexander. In hindsight, perhaps his training is to blame, pushing you to this boiling point. However, you are not fully observant of the Law and how it operates. I do not wish you ill, Alexander, but you are not to interfere in Cuthbertine affairs from now on. I hope I am clear."

Mathilda shakes her head as she places the cape and badge on her desk. as she sits down and keeps writing some documents.

Without looking up, she calls out to all of you.

"For what it's worth...you have done well. Dismissed."

@The Party: It had to happen. It was a matter of days, hours, or seconds, but it happened. Where did Alex stand now church wise? That was anyone's guess.

The big group makes their way to the palazzo. Now two members shorter.

Where did Kara go? Nobody knows, but you can only hope that the road places her in your way. Sooner rather than later.

The palazzo is abuzz with guards and formen, working quickly to rebuild the ruined garden.

What in the hells happened here? A storm? It was nice and chilly last night. No storms at all...

I heard it was a dragon. Big one, too. Blew the garden with its wings!

Not a dragon. I heard there was a practice duel and it got out of hand. wizards...what do you know.

You cross the ruined path, past the now broken giffin fountain and knock on the door.

Silas opens and greets you with a smiles.

"Comrades in pain and punishment! Come in!"

You are lead to a room in the first floor. A library, where the duke is taking a seat as his hand shakes uncontrollably as he holds a tiny porcelain cup of tea.

Lucian sit on a couch and nods as all of you enter.

"Who...who are they, Silas?"

"Your grace, Father Alexander Anderson, Lady Aradia Ferran, Luthon Escalwathon, Meic Rhodri, Archaidous, and these two lovely ladies are lady Irraly and Lady Violet. "

Silas notices Melody and Kara missing, but decides not to extend the introductions with more questions.

"They saved your guests last night, your grace. And that of the guests."

The duke takes sip from the tea, which has a strong hint of chamomile.

"Ahh yes, of course, of course. I believe you are here for some reward, naturally. Yes, of course. Please give Silas your address and I will have the reward delivered."

6. - Top - End - #156
    Troll in the Playground

Aradia takes a deep breath as they leave the church. Freedom, finally. As she walks past Alex, she says briefly but honestly, "Thanks for that," and continues, without waiting for a response.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Firbolg in the Playground

"Wow!" Archadious thinks
    "What happened with Kara must have really effected the man. Well maybe now we'll all get along a little better. "

Following behind Aradia, he too approaches Alex.

"Thank you, that couldn't have been easy. Although for the record, I was fine with the Mark when it wasn't activated."

He takes a deep breath, reveling in the freedom from his Mark.

"I'm glad to know that you'll be fighting alongside us in those woods."
    He adds, wanting to say something nice.
    Last edited by Niwrad; 2013-08-11 at 10:55 PM.
    "Now you'll see some real magic!"

Raikou Stormborn Thunder Incarnate and his elemental familiar Cyrus

8. - Top - End - #158
    Bugbear in the Playground

Irraly smiles at the sensations playing across Violets face, the expressions she made as her muscles moved to accept Irralys much larger body only made it all the more beautiful to her. They look as beautiful as their maker. Irraly smiles warmly at Violet as their kiss ends, though not going too far away.

After all well-made breakfast, and some liquid diet provided by Violet, Irraly seems to almost be glowing as she strolls down the streets in her armor, though she makes sure to have her purple cloak covering her head from the worst of the sun’s rays, though this only let those from behind imagine what was under her cloak as her hips swayed back and forth in a mesmerizing way, letting Violet enjoy herself as long as no one tried to harm her. Content being near her two new “friends” each of her arms interlocked with one of the others if they were willing. Though if Meic tried to fight it she eventually to her arm around his waist possessively, as if saying mine. The stories that come out f people’s mouths when they see a drow. You would think they had a bit more respect to talk more softly. No? Irraly says to Aradia and Meic happily as she walks down the streets, not really caring about these people in the town she would probably never see again in her life.

Once at the temple and the priest says Alex needs to be cheered up Irraly smirks at telling him what a show he missed last night. But decides better of it, not wanting to embarrass Aradia or Meic. The man in armor on the other hand I was not told to leave alone and as he raises an eye I strike a pose. I’m sorry do you see something you like? If so you may just want to keep walking and think about a pick up line that won’t make your head spin. And cute limp, did she ride you good. . Irraly says making fun of the man as he walks out of the temple, that would teach him not to pick on her Violet.

As Aradia buries what seems to be a close friend or lover Irraly whispers support into her ear, respecting her boundary and letting her know she was there if she needed her.

Soon they find themselves at the temple ruled by a female, and though another stick in the mud, at least she knew how to amuse Irraly, as Alex threw his sign of office in her face. Well well well, the orgee is not as boring as I thought. Irraly smile as she watches the inquisitor get up and do what Alex had told her to do. And as she sees the mark no more on Aradias face a big smile comes to her face before she grabs her and kisses her full on the lips. Thank the dark maiden that thing is gone. It was so hideous. She says as she breaks the kiss away, not really caring who just saw it. It was the right moment in her eyes and she did not regret it.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

@Irraly: At the pelorite temple, the hextorite turns to look at you as he keeps limping.

"A dark elf, right? Be fortunate you are not in hextorite territory, woman. Words like that rarely go unnoticed...or unpunished."

At the Cuthbertine temple, you rush to kiss Aradia once the mark is gone. A passionate kiss, as Obsidian and Alabaster once more lock lips in a divine admixture of sensuality and love.

Mathilda has had enough of outbursts in her church. In her office.

"I believe I dismissed everyone. You may have your public displays of affection in public, not in my private chambers. You are free to leave. Ideally now."

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

Alex just smiles and says one word, a sigh of relief seems to follow. Freedom.

As they leave and thanks can be heard Alex acknowledge them in silence. It is what Kara would have wanted. It was easier then one would think. Alex says, the only thing he says all the way to the duks. Once inside he bows to Lucian in military fashion before turning to the duke. you can send mine to the church of Pelor with my name on it, as well as Karas, the woman with the drake. Alex says his voice cracking as he speaks. As for a reward, I came for no such thing, merely to finish my business with Lucian. Alex says taking out the weapon along with a tent and bedroll made of a bears fur. I do not know if you would be intrested in these as well, but they were also with his belongings when we were bringing him here. If that shapeshifter had not stolen him he would have had a fair trial for slavery. Alex says placing them onto the table between them. Now under normal circumstances I would accept half of what this weapon is worth as it is not brand new as you can clearly see, but it is an relic of your church, a champions weapon and as such I would ask to agree on a slightly larger amount of money. You can name how much extra as it is your church and not mine. I am sure you will be fair with what you offer. Alex says before adding. And next time we meet, I hope it will be under my next instructor Lucian. As I am trying to learn from each temple what I can. You seem to be an honest man and I wold be honored to be your student one day the gods willing.

11. - Top - End - #161

Archadious meets with the Duke again. He remembers the immature manner in which the Duke acted the previous evening. Archadious tries to conceal his slight negative feelings towards the man and speaks.

"A pleasure to help."
    He says, smiling.

"Unfortunately we aren't really living in any permanent place at the moment, and for the next several days we will be away from town. But if Silas is willing, I wouldn't mind if he could hold onto it until we come back. We will most likely be spending it at his store anyways."
    As he speaks, he looks to the wizard to make sure that he was willing to do so.

Archadious continues.
    "In the future, might I recommend regular subtle inspections by either Matilda or Silas to make sure none of your most "trusted" advisors are secretly shapechangers in disguise."

12. - Top - End - #162

And be happy I don't cut that tongue from your mouth male and watch as you try to ask for your gods help then. Irraly responds, very much on the offensive with this male.

Public displays of affection, I believe I needed a private room for what I just did. And you did say this as private no? Irraly says smiling at Aradia before walking out like a kid who had just had a freshly made pie.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

@Alex: Mathilda shakes her head, already seated on her desk.

"Rules exist to guarantee the people's freedom, Alexander. I hope one day you can see around that concept."

It's hard to tell if Mathilda is genuinely mad. You have never seen her raise her voice. stern yes, absolutely, but violent? No. There is another cuthbertine who fits that bill.

And thankfully, he is very, very, far away.

At the palazzo, you place the flail and tent and bear blanket on the table, neatly folded, at least the tent.

Lucian recognizes the banner.

"I see... no wonder the clerics in Geoff could not get ahold of him. Hmmm... a difficult situation, Father Anderson. For one, I should be your hated enemy- you slew my brother, Kalyn. On the other, this gives me a promotion in my church. I trust he died with honor, as is expected from a Champion from the Scourge of Hell."

Lucian calls one of his personal guards.

"Have these taken to my carriage. And bring the coffer."

A few minutes later, the servant comes in with a heavy coffer, assisted by a second servant and places it on the table.

Lucian opens it and you see neat stacks of gold coins.

"Seventeen thousand. I believe it is a fair price. More than fair, really."

At the mention of the reward, Pottsdorff sips from his tea.

"The woman and the drake? yes. I remember both from the play. I will have someone deliver a reward to you and her in an hour. Now, I believe I must eat and rest. It has been a taxing day and many more to come with all the expenses.

@The Party: You return to the pelorite temple, where Rosalind greets you at a prudent distance.

"Feeling better? You know you can stay here if you wish. There is always room for one more in our flock."

An hour goes by and a carriage stop at the pelorite temple with several small coffers, each with Justcrown's royal seal. One addressed to each except Violet and Irraly.

You each open the small coffer and find a neat stack of gold coins.

Spoiler
    Show
    2000gp for each.

"The duke wishes to extend his thanks and believes this is more than sufficient compensation. Have a good day."

the servant gets on the carriage and rides back to the ruined palazzo.

"Rosalind looks at all of you."

So what now? Where will you go?"

14. - Top - End - #164

"Well"
    Archadious says, relieved that everything has tied up neatly.

"I think now we ought to make haste to the woods. Kazym needs to be stopped and we promised these two we would help."
    He says, gesturing to Irraly and Violet.

"We should be on our way."

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

"Time is of the essence, in all likelihood, but we must make sure that we are well prepared. Does anyone have any suggestions for materials we can acquire or spells we can prepare before we march forward?"
    "By the way, do you know the best thing about magic? ... Everything." - Sarda, 8 Bit Theater

Thanks to Madcrafter for the avatar!

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

your brother died in a duel protecting his...captures if you will. I had no personal qualm with him and he put up a very great fight, even bested me. Alex says. Becuase of this I had planned to have him brought back to life, and would have if his body was not stolen, it is good at least his family shall get what was his. The price seems fair as well. Alex says kindly and softly as he accepts the gold. I hope as I said we one day meet again as Allies Lucian Ironhelm. When I find your brothers body it shall be returned to you and your kin. He was a valiant warrior and is no doubt serving Hextor proudly in Acheron.... Alex says and for the first time realized what the name inside him kept calling itself. Misery, sorrow, woe.

Once more at the pelorite Temple Alex walks over to Rosalind and Farther Wilhelm. I have turned in my badge and want you both to hold onto this in case Kara comes back. Alex says handing her two boxes, one with Melodies name on it the other with Kara's. I would also like the church to hold onto this until my return. Alex says pulling out the box the duke had given him and filled it with the rest of the coin he had. My only instructions are to send 500gp a week to the temple of Kord in Veluna with my name on it, they will understand. Also another letter sent to Hamalthan to a Ms. Cassandra. This one will have 200gp in it every two weeks. If I do not return, at a month tops send all the money to the temple in Veluna, with a note saying I have passed and this is my legacy for my son. Alex says to the two of them.

He then goes to the others and says plainly, Prepare for hell. And with that gets ready to leave for the forest.
    Last edited by dantiesilva; 2013-08-12 at 12:15 AM.

17. - Top - End - #167

As all this is going on Irraly stays close to Aradia and Meic. Why so silent you two? she asks quietly for the others not to hear. Why no box for me filled with money? Or violet we helped as well?

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

Alex then looks at Farther Wilhelm asking him what he has in stock.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

@Alex: Wilhelm takes the money and the instructions.

"Alex..."

But then he goes silent and takes the coffer with him to his room.

Rosalind looks at you and, unexpectedly, rushes in and gives you a hug.

"Don't you dare die in there, ok? Don't do anything stupid, ok?"

Rosalind steps back and you can see her eyes water.

"damn...now I have to go read some more. Good luck everyone."

Rosalind bows nervously and hurries upstairs.

@The Party:
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is assuming all purchases have been made.

You hear Alex mention Hell and it snaps right in.

This is uncharted territory. Who knows what awaits there. Except for Irraly and Violet, nobody has come out or gone in and left. except for Steiner and he did not give out much info.

Now Kazym and the Mad Guardian Balion are doing who knows what in there. Salt mummies. Four where a problem. What about a dozen, or more?

All these questions in your mind are interrupted as tyou reach the south gate.

"Are you serious? Going in there? Ok...we cannot force you otherwise. OPEN THE GATE!"

With a low ruble and grunts from he soldiers on the watchtowers, the southe gate opens wide for all to pass through.

Before that, you turn around and look at the many sites that you have viisted during your days here.

Miranda, with her amazing clothes.

Silas, probably teaching young arcanists on the dangers of summoning wands.

Otis serving home cooked meals, always with a smile.

Tarith and his Ravens, caught up in this mess.

Basil and Cecile...who knows what has befallen them.

The gate shuts behind you as the sky shines bright blue.

The Fey Woods stretch for miles on either end, imposing, unconquered. Foreboding.

It would take about an hour to reach what could be described as a clearing. An opening. The Tall trees are primeval in nature. These have been around before any man walked these lands. Blocking out the sun except for the occasional sun ray peeking through the thick canopy, you enter the woods.

There is no path here. Roots and branches and moss dots the ground, as well as fallen leaves. The trees tower like copper and veridian titans, looking at you in utter silence.

Then, you come across a marker.

This one looks very old and made of stone. It depicts a crude etching of a woman with nondescript features.

The stone has been smashed and you can see trails of sand wandering off in different directions.

Writing has been etched at the base of this slab. This marker.

Arrallae the Shining One

Smile Upon Your Most Sacred Guardian

Light my Blade Upon thy Enemies

That I will forever Prowl your Garden

You can all swear someone or something watches you from the treetops above.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Troll in the Playground

Aradia looks around the forest with a bit of wonder, speaking quietly and looking about, ready for anything. "Why do I get the feeling we're not supposed to be here..."

21. - Top - End - #171

As they enter the woods Irraly seems to stop before sharing a look with Violet. Once the moment has passed the dark elf leads the way, her cloak billowing behind her as she darts in and out of trees with blinding speed and mobility, as if dancing, though her blade is always out, at the ready, almost as if she were expecting something, after all the covens had been attacked.

But even Irraly could not match the speed at which Violet could fly, and she was happy knowing Violet could always be safe from harm. soon they came to a clearing and with an odd look at the statue she looked to Violet as if asking if she had ever seen it there before. She knew of the one near her friends lake, but never knew there were others scattered around. And the fact it looked like it had been broken recently by the trails of salt she began scanning the area. Because of the guardian. He almost killed me once, he does not like trespassers and you are likely feeling his presence. No matter where we are no he will likely already know so do not let your guard down.

Spoiler
    Show
    If Aradia has her sense aura up (why wouldn't she) add +2 to my roll please. (1d20+1)[17]spot
    (1d20+1)[13] Listen
    Last edited by Christine Daae; 2013-08-12 at 01:29 AM.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

Dantie returns Rosalinds hug, surprised at the surge of emotions from her. If I die in there is not my call Rosalind. When the gods wish me to join them I shall. As for doing anything stupid in there, how can I? I already lost the most precious thing to me. Its surviving that which will be hardest. Deliver the note yourself if I die Rosalind. Meet my son for me. Alex says brushing away her tear as he releases her from his bear like arms. May the unconquered rose stay pure and true to herself. And let Pelors touch guide her way along the path of light. Alex says reciting a prayer with a few alterations to it. And get your head out side and away from those books or when I do get back in this life or the next I will hide them all away. Its nod good for you. At your age me and Prince....well yea, just get some fresh air. Alex says thinking twice about what he was going to say.

An hour into the forest and Alex was already complaining. It was to hot, and no path, and how the hell were Irraly and Violet making it look so easy, when he tried to fly he crashed into a tree how close together this forest was. And so after an hour of hard work Alex happily seeing the clearing walked up to the statue and sat down exhausted. What this about some person named Arrallae the shining one here, and her guardian with a blade of light? Alex says reading from the statue not looking up.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

Lúthon looks around. "I do not much care for this place. It lacks a good, solid road on which we can traverse..." Lúthon looks around, then begins concentrating on a spell.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Heroism.

Spot: (1d20+19)[24]
    Listen: (1d20+19)[22]
    Search: (1d20+21)[32]

Casting Detect Thoughts.
    "By the way, do you know the best thing about magic? ... Everything." - Sarda, 8 Bit Theater

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

@The Party: You traverse through the thick undergrowth.

The feeling of his place...it is otherworldly. As if time was too afraid to come in here.

Then, a moderate clearing of light. You see a woman looking up at the canopy, about thirty feet away.

Yet she does not move.

@Luthon: Something is wrong with this woman.

She's a statue. But of what? You do not know.

25. - Top - End - #175

As Irraly sees the woman she calls out softly in elven. Are you ok? What are you looking at? Irraly says as she tries to follow the girls angle but in vain.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

Lúthon looks around, to make sure there aren't any minds in the area he's missed, then turns his attention back to the statue, focusing on it. "It's...a statue, Irraly. I think."

Spoiler
    Show
    If there's an unexpected mind in the area with Detect Thoughts, Lúthon focuses on that. If not/afterwards, Lúthon casts Detect Magic.

Knowledge (religion): (1d20+12)[32] on the off chance I can get something.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

@Irraly: You call out to the woman, but get no response.

She keeps looking up at the sky, covered in the thick canopy.

@Luthon: You keen your senses, but can hear or see nothing.

Spoiler
    Show
    Everyone make a spot and Listen

Above, through the tallest canopy, quick shades dart from tree to tree. A trace of their presence being a silent rain of autumn leaves.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ettin in the Playground

Along the way, Meic casts greater mage armor, and runs through his spell list over and over again in his head.

He stops when he sees the woman in the tree, and narrows his eyes. "Odd. Do any of you know who... or what, that is?"
    A few odds and ends.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hrm...my divination turns up nothing..."

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot: (1d20+19)[33]
    Listen: (1d20+19)[21]
    Add 2 to both if Aradia has Senses Aura up.

30. - Top - End - #180

As the woman does not reply Irraly begins to draw her sword at it, only to hear it was a statue, but why over there she thought looking to Aradia and Meic to come with her and investigate it.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+1)[16] Spot
    Listen (1d20+1)[3]