New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 51 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: Runelords IC

1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Runelords IC

1st of Rova, 4707 AR

Easy dominating the center of the coastal town, the new Sandpoint Cathedral is a point of pride for the merry citizens. It is only fitting that it officially opens on the Swalltail Festival, a Desnan holiday celebrating the begining of Autumn complete with storytelling, feasting, and all-around revelry. The smells of food are prevalent in the air, as food is being served for free, in almost a competetive way. The owners of each of the town's taverns bring out their best meals, hoping to garner the most attention for their culinary trademarks. The general concensus of the crowd, however, seems to be that the Rusty Dragon's curry-spiced salmon and winterdrop mead are the clear winners, much to the propietor's (Ameiko Kaijitsu) delight.

The morning hours of the celebration are mostly spent listening to speeches from Mayor Kendra Deverin, Sherrif Hemlock, and the cathedral's head priest, Father Zantus. They each encourage the festival attendees to enjoy themselves, with the Sheriff reminding everyone to be safe around the evening bonfire, and Father Zantus requesting a moment of silence to remember the lives taken when the previous chapel burnt to the ground 5 years ago.

Spoiler
    Show

OOC THREAD
    Please describe what the PCs do as they enter town
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Runelords IC

Having spent a good deal of his life in either Urglin or Kaer Maga, the idea of a community-wide festival is new to Tarok. From what he can gather from the various speeches, it seems that Sandpoint is celebrating the completion of a new cathedral to the goddess Desna. Despite his mother being a devotee of the Star Goddess, Tarok himself had never entered a building devoted to her.

The half-orc adjusts his cloak's hood, then follows his nose to assortment of freshly-cooked foods being offered by the inns and taverns. Tarok reaches into his coin pouch for his meager supply of gold, when he notices citizens walking up and grabbing plates without paying. Glad for a free meal that he didn't have to hunt himself, Tarok picks up a plate of salmon, and digs into it eagerly, eschewing the offered forks and knives.

He wipes off some fish flesh remaining on his mouth, and a rare smile shows up on his face. I think I'll like it here.

Spoiler: Characters
    Show
    Tarok and Kamo, level 6 half-orc ranger, bunyip-slayer, and all around badass.

I like half-orcs

Retired:

Aldrin Cress, level 10 human sorcerer. Hero of Korvosa.
    Tireas Slate, level 4 tiefling ninja. Eternally scheming.

DMing: Dragon's Demand

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

A young girl of probably some sort of Tien descent comes across as you eat the salmon. "Are you enjoying it? We are pleased to meet new people. Did you come for the festival?"

Even as she speaks a rougher looking gentleman with heavyset features grunts at Tarok - "Hagfish is probably more to his kind's liking Miss."

The little Lady shakes her head soundly. "Nonsense. All are welcome here Master?? The swallowtail festival is for all people. What brings you here this day?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

Erik knew that the festival would be an excellent opportunity to feast and drink, so early in the morning he went on a trip along the shore, in order to kindle his appetite. He returned a bit tired and very hungry, but happy and in great mood to start celebrating. The priest initially wanted to get back to a shack he rented, lay down his backpack and arms there, but a wonderful smell stopped him dead in his tracks.

Erik wandered over to the tables set before local taverns. He sampled the food freely provided by the owners, before finally deciding that the delicacies served in the Rusty Dragon were his favorite. Now, with a small salmon roll in one hand and a tankard full of fine beer in the other, the young man goes over to the soon-to-be-opened cathedral and starts listening to the speech given by a fellow cleric.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Tarok scowls at the man promoting the Hagfish's food. "You shouldn't talk about what "my kind" likes to eat. Orcs will eat each other if food is scarce." While Tarok had never actually seen any orcs engage in cannibalism, he does enjoy mentioning it whenever he wants someone to shut up.

Turning to the more polite woman addressing him, Tarok replies, "I didn't realize there was a festival. The last town I was in didn't have any work available, so I'm on my way to Magnimar. I might just stay here if the food's always this good, though."

Show

I like half-orcs

Retired:

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

From within the crowd, a young man appears right in front of the Rusty Dragon. He wears scholarly-like robes and carries an overburdened backpack as if he was some unique mixture between an important explorer and a mad scientist, but the reason the other festival attendants are making way for him has nothing to do with the man's appearance, but his behavior: Even in the middle of a festival, he is walking while reading a book, completely ignoring his surroundings.

Which is probably why he fails to see one of the Rusty Dragon walls and walks right into it with a sonorous *thud* sound.

Despite the hit, the young man manages to recover his balance without falling on his back (which would have proven disastrous for many of the vial like flasks he carries on his person), at which point he finally looks up and takes inventory of his surroundings.

Oh!exclaims the eccentric alchemist I guess I have not eaten yet [*]when was the last time? I think it was around two thirds of the Codex of Boiling points... or was it during the Essays on fractional distillation?

Let's see what they have
    continues the man, now analyzing the available food with a more scholar than gourmet eye Salmon! I guess I could use some extra protein in my diet...

Grabbing one of the available plates, the alchemist overhears a half-orc talking about cannibalism

That is fascinating! exclaims the lanky alchemist with true wonder in is voice while he pulls a writing utensil from one of the many pockets in his robe Would you say that this happens at the critical point where there is no food, or when the expected consumption is greater than the accumulated reserves?

Before giving Tarok a chance to reply, the alchemist extends a hand

Where are my manners? My name is Raigard, but you can call me Rag. I have very little knowledge of orc tribal customs, and since I'm planning to do some research in Sandpoint and the vicinity, I am trying to collect as much information as I can
    Last edited by Drothmal; 2013-08-11 at 01:14 PM.

My PbP characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Caelon Ismort, lvl 6 paladin, Kingmaker (Part II)

Gael, lvl 3 sorcerer, Serpent Skull

Ril, lvl 3 ninja, Jade Regent

Raigard, lvl 4 alchemist, Rise of the Runelords

Astias, lvl 3 human bard, Wrath of the Righteous

Retired Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Rennard Balmont, lvl 9 magus Curse of the Crimson Throne (Parts I-IV)
    LIX (lvl 7 minotaur psychic warrior), Fall of the Dragon King
    Revelc, lvl 4 ranger, Origin of Species

gg, N_R

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

The very excitement in the girl was peeked. It was the festival! It always left her exciting by the prospect of it. She had always enjoyed celebrations, everyone getting together to talk and be merry together. The girl stood in her room changing herself up. She put on what was a nice festival outfit, marked for the festival. It was designed in ways to be armor, though it did forgo some of its usual perks to appear much more fitting. Still, it wasn't really in her mind that she would ever need something more combat ready, it was a celebration after all, and she didn't exactly invest in such things, even with 'him' now around.

The girl glanced up at the mirror as she fixed up her short black hair, combing it on. She grabbed her thick rimmed glasses, placing them on, blinking a bit as if adjusting to them. She wiggled them around her nose before nodding at herself in approval. A white glowing flame like symbol rested upon her forehead, partly covered by her hair, something she seemed to dismiss quiet easily. Walking out from her room she was met by a rather tall looking demon like creature.

Her head turned up to stare at the tall creature, standing just a bit taller then a traditional half orc. Flames seemed to dance upon its body, though it was all visual, no heat emitting from them. The girl smiled happily looking up at him in a rather cheerful mood. "Alright! Ready to go out and celebrate?" She spoke with quite a bit of enthusiasm behind her voice.

The creature scoffed at her, glaring down at the girl with its arms crossed. "You idiot, having me around isn't the best thing for a festival. While many do know you are now in control of me, you would likely cause those visiting uneasy seeing a being such as myself walking around. You can't be that stupid to do such?" He seemed quite direct at her, rather taking a snapping tone towards her.

May frowned a bit a she bowed her head down looking uneasy as she seemed to shift from being excited to uneasy. "I.. I... I'm sorry... I... I can dismiss you if you rather... I... I just thought you might like to see the festival... and... and I should have you around to practice keeping you linked out with me..r... right?" Her eyes glanced up looking at him more to the degree she was the servant rather then the other way around.

The demon like entity glared down at her shaking his head. "You moron, if you are going to be my master, then learn to be more confident in yourself and your decisions. Now lead the way." As crude as his words were and as snippy as he was, it was within both its interests as well as its desire to make May stronger. Right now the girl lacked much in self confidence, something he hoped she might evolve. Perhaps the biggest issue with showing it was his difficulty wording things nicely.

"Y...yes l... lets go!" She spoke out with a mix of nervousness and excitement. She grabbed her hat as she put it on her head, the symbol partly covered though the glow noticeable looking from under the rim. She walked out from the back smiling as she waved at her father. "I'll be back later, I'm going out to the festival." She watched her father nod, smiling a bit. "Take care of yourself." She smiled bowing to her father before heading out the door, her eidolon in toe as the unlikely pair made their way to the festival.
    Last edited by HanaRei; 2013-08-11 at 01:19 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kobold

Liresha

The intertwining dance of fate and chance conspired to offer diverging roads. The choice of path, once made, was probably irreversible, and each would lead to a different life and a different destiny. Weighty matters deserving due deliberation. For instance, the spiced salmon looked really good and the smell was even better. Yet, the Hagfish proprietor had conjured up some kind of traditional family recipe - probably - and it seemed to be either boiled auroch or Donkey Rat stew. Maybe some kind of pie. There was definitively meat-like ingredients in it. It was probably delicious, and it did come with a free side of mystery. But the salmon came with mead, and then fate and chance could sod right off.

Liresha acquired a nibble of salmon just as a man a head-and-a-half taller than most people around him did the same. His height made him stand out, but his hood solidified the slight sense distinction from the crowd. Probably a traveler. She was about offer a greeting when a young girl beat her to it, chirpy eager voice through the background mumble of speeches and festival goers. Well, if she had learned one thing about towns and hamlets it was that you picked up a fair amount of gossip by keeping quiet.
    For instance, the Hagfish proprietor was serving hagfish. The knowledge made the dish no more appetizing. It did decide help her decide where to go for any eventual room prowling.
    Rough looking gentlemen in small towns had few problems casually insulting men both taller and stronger than them. Par de course for most towns.
    And orcs were opportunistic cannibals. Boss Croat's enforcers back in Riddleport would probably have laughed at that one. Then shanked someone.

Liresha was on the verge of interjecting something when yet again, the moment was stolen away. This time by a man who might as well have been walking laboratory. The manic energy that coalesced into an outpouring of questions was enough to jostle her into momentarily forgetting to chew. She glanced around the festival area, with a faint trace of ice worming down her back. Distracted scholars and open flames did not mix well, and festivals without unplanned explosive discharges were the best kind of festivals. Thankfully, since everyone was expecting a grand evening bonfire, they had had less need to haphazardly stack burning logs within easy reach of volatile flasks.

Letting out a faint sigh of relief, she finished her delectable meal. Fate, chance and salmon. Might as well add small talk to the list. Liresha found her best smile.

"I think he's pulling your leg. S'is sort of a common joke, all the big ones in Riddleport use it to frighten off newly-hatched Cyphers. They usually growl, though, when-as they do. Sir forgot that, so it's much less frightening. Or maybe post-dinner plans include us."

Nodding her head by away of introduction to the four others, she waited to find out just how friendly this town of Sandpoint really was.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

The courtyard of the Rusty Dragon seems to attract the assortment of stranger assembling for the swallowtail festival. The walking laboratory, the travelling half orc, the ale drinking cleic and the roaming magus all standing enjoying the Mistress Ameiko's salmon rolls and the local brewed ale.
    Even they would stop to notice the strange terrifying creature that stepped out into the square accompanying a small bespectacled girl. Before anyone can speak...

A sharp retort, like the crack of distant thunder, slices through the excited crowd as the sun’s setting rays paint the western sky. A stray dog that has crawled under a nearby wagon to sleep starts awake, and the buzz of two dozen conversations quickly hushes as all heads turn toward the central podium, where a beaming Father Zantus has taken the stage. He clears his throat, takes a breath to speak, and suddenly a woman’s scream slices through the air. A few moments later, another scream rises, then another. Beyond them, a sudden surge of strange new voices rises—high-pitched, tittering shrieks that sound not quite human. The crowd parts and something low to the ground races by, giggling with disturbing glee as the stray dog gives a pained yelp and then collapses with a gurgle, its throat cut open from ear to ear. As blood pools around its head, the raucous sound of a strange song begins, chanted from shrill, scratchy voices.

Spoiler
    Show

Goblins chew and goblins bite.
    Goblins cut and goblins fight.
    Stab the dog and cut the horse,
    Goblins eat and take by force!

Goblins race and goblins jump.
    Goblins slash and goblins bump.
    Burn the skin and mash the head,
    Goblins here and you be dead!

Chase the baby, catch the pup.
    Bonk the head to shut it up.
    Bones be cracked, flesh be stewed,
    We be goblins! You be food!

Even as screams and panic begin to engulf the town people can see a small green shape hiding the corner some 60ft away on the edge of the square... a bloody crude cleaver in hand! Goblins!

Spoiler
    Show

There are 5 goblins 60ft away on the other side of the square.

The square is half empty already as people scream and flee in all directions

Initiatives
    Goblins (1d20+3)[10]

May (1d20+2)[6] (Eidolon goes with you)
    Tarok (1d20+2)[6]
    Khazak (1d20+2)[22]
    Erik (1d20-1)[8]
    Lir (1d20+3)[13]
    Raigard (1d20+2)[20]

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

Oh... a joke. I see... replies Raigard with a slightly discouraged voice while looking at his feet. Although at first it would seem that the alchemist is dejected from not having realized that it was a jest, soon it becomes apparent that his sigh is actually motivated by having missed on a chance to gather more material for his research.

But Raigard's gloom does not last long.

Anyways! I'm Rag. the man repeats, this time to Liresha, while offering her his other hand to shake (although this means he has to cross his arms, making him look rather ridiculous) Pleased to...

The alchemist does not complete that sentence as he looks at the beyonder, mouth gaping and eyes gleaming at the new topic of research.

But it would seem that his scholarly pursues would have to wait.

Despite his usual absentmindedness, Rag was actually fairly sharp when his mind was engaged with his surroundings. Spotting the goblins, the alchemist's past as a healer causes his first reaction to be one of concern towards the innocent bystanders.

We need to draw them out! or is it drawing away? exclaims Raigard, although it is not clear if to the others or to himself.

Nonetheless, Rag breaks into a run towards the goblins.

As he moves to the middle of the plaza, the alchemist begins a song of his own in the same guttural language the goblins were using. Although he is completely out of tune, his intention of goading the goblins is more than apparent

Goblin
    Spoiler
    Show
    Goblins be coward
    Goblins be weak
    They cannot fight
    And always they reek!

You little mucous excrement! I mean... You little buggers!
    Rag adds in common, trying to remember some of the more colloquial insults that Aria had taught him while they were children growing up.

But there is method in the madness (well, sort of). Reaching to the side of his backpack, Rag gets hold of one of his bombs and readies himself to blow up to smithereens as many of the little goblins as he can.

Actions
    Spoiler
    Show
    Move 30ft up, preferably in a visible location that will draw the goblins away from the people.
    Ready action: When Goblins come within 20ft, throw bomb, ideally hitting one and splashing a second (but always avoiding the civilians)

bomb - (1d20+4)[16] Ranged Touch
    damage - (1d6+6)[7]
    Spash for 7 damage, REF for 1/2 dmg (DC 15)

Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hp=9/9
    AC=15
    Last edited by Drothmal; 2013-08-11 at 03:26 PM.

My PbP characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Retired Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

gg, N_R

11. - Top - End - #11

Kobold

Liresha

"I'm Liresha... "

Crack!

One moment, a would-be scholar and potential crater-in-training was offering her his hand and name to go with it, and the next he was bolting forwards while belting out a song in a language composed mostly of tittering shrieks. Shrieks that matched the panicking people around the square very well. The cant of words were familiar.

"... Those are goblins."

Not the most eloquent of proclamations. Think. She could either panic, run with the crowd and find somewhere dark to hide or join the walking fire hazard. That coin-toss was only ever going to turn out one way. Goblins or gangs, you didn't tail it when people swaggered into your turf.

"Take the little miss and leave, yes?"

Think. If the little Tianan girl and older gentleman made their way with the rest of the hastily diminishing crowd, then the half orc and her could stem goblinoid the tide by joining Rag. She could feel her pulse quickening. Giving the hooded half-orc another nod and smile, she spun around and followed the scholar. If she pretended to have a clue, then maybe the tall, heavy looking half-orc who was probably way handy in a scrap would tag along. That'd be a great "if".

"Let's?"

At least this town offered a delightful, wonderful way of treating their visitors. Free food, speeches, even a rustic if somewhat off-tune local merry band of bards singing a cheering song of doom and death. The level of curses at this locale left something to be desired though, but then, against Riddleport dockworkers most stood poorly. Assuming they survived this next bit, maybe he'd be up for swapping potential hazardous recipes for definitively hazardous bits of vulgar language.
    A bit of oil from the salmon was still clinging to her fingers. The goblins were hopefully going to charge the irate pranksters calling their attention. A half empty square rapidly losing anyone with enough brain to flee the scene.

Idea.

"Hi I've seen... sea-sick sailors with nicer green skin than you lot! Look out! Flyers!"

Rubbing her oil-slick fingers together, Liresha started to mutter under her breath. She had picked up a trick or two travelling the Lost Coast. For instance, goblins hated harpies. And like this, she could save the fish-grease until it was really useful.
    Which was, surprisingly, not going to be the strangest thought of the day.

Action
    Spoiler
    Show

Move: Liresha moves 30 ft towards the goblin group, to be in support of Raigard.
    Free action: Insult someone.
    Swift Action: Retrieve small vial of harpy musk
    Prehensile tail.

Standard Action: Toss the flask of harpy musk as a thrown weapon, increment 10, at the group - aiming for the ground near them.

Ranged Touch Attack(d20+3)[22]
    Assuming 30 ft distance, that's -4 for range increments.

Will Save 14, or any goblin within 30ft of the impact zone (assuming the vial shatters?) becomes shaken, as they don't quite overcome their natural fear of murderous harpies.

Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP: 10
    AC: 17
    Right as rain
    no slight or harm or pain
    broken bones, shattered brain
    all set to continue the game
    Last edited by Fibinachi; 2013-08-12 at 09:18 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Drothmal View Post
    That is fascinating! Would you say that this happens at the critical point where there is no food, or when the expected consumption is greater than the accumulated reserves?

Before giving Tarok a chance to reply, the alchemist extends a hand

Where are my manners? My name is Raigard, but you can call me Rag. I have very little knowledge of orc tribal customs, and since I'm planning to do some research in Sandpoint and the vicinity, I am trying to collect as much information as I can
    Somewhat taken aback by the human's sudden friendliness and inquisitiveness, Tarok can only manage to reply, "What? No, I-" before the smiling tiefling comes up and explains the situation. She seemed to have her head much closer to the earth than the talkative alchemist.

But then, in the distance, he heard somewhat familiar shrieking. Goblins! Tarok had seen his share of the tiny maniacs in Urglin, and was glad that he hasn't had to see any since. The human and tiefling he was so recently speaking with sprung into action, while the half orc drop his plate, and fumbles for his weapon.

It was a complicated thing, to be sure. The orcish double axe was not only difficult to wield in battle, but problematic to keep at the ready. With two curved blades at either end of the haft, it was impossible to sheath, and clasping it required a few seconds to undo. Unfortunately, those seconds could very well be vital in the upcoming battle.

Spoiler
    Show
    Just giving a reason why Tarok lost initiative :P

Show

I like half-orcs

Retired:

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

The wild-eyed dwarf stomped through the town, gazing off into the distance as he chewed on a long piece of dried meat. Khazak wore a mass of hides and carried a huge axe affixed to his back, oblivious to the stares of people around him. He had just arrived in town; the dirt and sweat from the road clung to him like stinkmud, if only a little bit less offensive. He wanted a drink, something to eat, and a moment to sit and rub his feet.

Word was Sandpoint had some folks who were interested in how to combat the giants - having decided to see the ocean, Khazak figured he could pass along a little knowledge while seeing the sights. Of course, it was easier said than done ...a fortnight on the road had not improved his patience or demeanor. The last two days had been nothing but endless drudgery and trudgery. He had given an audible sigh of relief when the town spires had come into view.

Of course, instead of a nearby inn and a soft bed, he found the town in the throws of some happy-go-lucky festival of cheeriness. He was in a grumpy mood, so every sugary-sweet, oh-so-helpful greeting from a local elicited less than polite suggestions for where the townsfolk could put their smiling faces (many of which didn't sound possible without magic ... and a lot of pain). Fortunately, the further into town he went, the more the greetings were accompanied with food, free food at that, which served to keep him about even on the rage meter.

As he rounded the last turn before a large inn where a particularly large crowd was gathered, he almost turned back - the thought of that many smiling faces was almost too much to bear. But then a scream sounded ... soon accompanied by a sing-song chant by the worst of the runties ... gobbos.

Growling, he eyeballed the closet of the little rats, gauging the distance . A grin slowly spread across his face as he started running towards the goblins.

Maybe the day wouldn't be so bad after all!

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry about that - couple of things popped up at work and the latest software push removed all those tiny scripts that you take for granted ... like being able to open spoilers, or using the short-cut buttons, or checking email, or ...

Deep breath ... since I'm coming into the party a little late, let's give him 60 ft from a different direction, yes? Looks like a double move towards the blighters ... and I'm STILL a little short (pun intended!). Ah well, next!

Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

The young women ran forward and tossed the harpy musk. 3 of the goblins squealing in fear and going pale beneath their green skin. As a the dwarf ran at them two of the pale looking ones ran at him howling their own tiny battle cries...

Spoiler
    Show

2 charge the dwarf!
    Attack (1d20+2)[11] damage (1d4+1)[5]
    Attack (1d20+2)[16] damage (1d4+1)[4]

The other 3 race towards the collection of people at the Rusty Dragon. Even as they run forward the bookish young man steps forward and hurls a small black orb. It explodes seconds later with devastating force. Two of the goblins torn apart into chunks of green mush. The third reeling.... even as he does his liitle angry face moves to stab the man with the bombs and the abusive voice (Rag)

Spoiler
    Show

There are two goblins 60ft away from remaining players fighting a dwarf.

A third is ~30ft away attacking the alchemist
    Attack (1d20+2)[15] damage (1d4+1)[2]

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

With his weapon finally in hand, Tarok charges toward some of the remaining goblins, who seem to have taken a liking to a nearby dwarf.

Spoiler
    Show
    Charge! Speed is 30ft (so glad I decided on light armor), so I can reach a goblin. No point in power attacking.

Hit: (1d20+7)[8]
    Damage: (1d8+6)[13]

Show

I like half-orcs

Retired:

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

The goblins appearance leaves the cleric scrambling for his mace and shield. He even drops the tankard of beer he was holding instead of setting it down, such is his hurry. Before Erik can get his bearings fully, though, the goblins advanced. The man cheers as two pests are blown to pieces, and eyes the last of this group.

Erik looks briefly at the dwarf currently being attacked by two goblins, but decides that the heavily armed warrior can take care of himself. This bookish man, though, could use some help. And the priest could use some exercise.

"In Cayden's name, die, you little bugger!" Erik shouts as he charges the goblin.

Action
    Spoiler
    Show
    Charging the goblin near Rag.
    Attack Roll: (1d20+4)[17]
    Damage Roll: (1d8+2)[10]

Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    AC: 14
    HP: 13/13

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

May scurried through the streets heading to the festival. The girl had an odd feeling of unease lingering in her mind. Her eyes shifting back and forth as she traveled in. Such feelings were only came to fruition as the sound of people screaming reached her ear as the girl saw before her goblins, charging at a dwarf.

She shifted a bit her heart racing a bit looking forward. "Don't hesitate you fool!" The voice of her Eidolon called out. The girl glanced over nervously giving a light nod in response as the beast charged forward, going of its own according obeying his master's hesitant wishes.

Baelthor charged directly forward, slashing with its one claw towards the goblin that was going for the dwarf, witnessing the others seemed to have the same idea charging into combat just he had to stop the vicious little critters and their attack.

Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show

Baelthor charges and attacks with 1 claw at the goblin near Khazak.
    Attack: (1d20+4)[11]
    Damage: (1d6+3)[5]

Stats
    Spoiler
    Show

May 10/10
    Baelthor 11/11
    Last edited by HanaRei; 2013-08-12 at 07:07 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18

Kobold

Liresha reflexively dropped into a half crouch as a faint rush of air passed over her. Someone had decided to match her lopped vial with a concoction of their own. Now everything smelled of harpy musk and burnt flesh. Hell of a festival.

Called it. Scholar was a walking fire hazard.

A singed goblin - still half chirping a song - still strode forwards, bits of his companions clinging to a globular head. She tried to straighten up to meet the charge, too slow by far with quivering legs, and the gobbo plunged a bit of metal with pretensions of being a knife at the grenadier. It cut well enough for a sharpened stick. Somewhere in the back of her mind, she came to the reasonable conclusion that she was quite terrified. Stars above, she was going to die, cut to death by a creature that couldn't even carry a tune. Sort of ignominious, actually.

"In Cayden's name, die, you little bugger!"

A meaty impact. The shrieking stopped, rather abruptly and Liresha let out a breath she didn't remember freezing to hold in. Not time to join the ground just yet, then. Their savior was the portly type, bright iconography engraved on a shield - which was neither iron fist or lightning bolts on blue, but a tankard. A devout drunkard, with a mean mace.

"Thanks. He's cut."

Fate and chance and goblins attacking on just the day the festival draws in heavily armed warriors. They were paying for that event of auspicious timing now, down to two shrieking critters fighting a trio of on the other side of the square. Well, she could be terrified over there just as well as she could right here.

That was the good thing about fear.

Action
    Spoiler
    Show

Ready full action to charge [Assuming she has line of sight / effect], if Khazak and Raigard do not finish off the goblins on initiative pass 22 and 20.

She will aim for the goblin that's the closest, and kick it.

Claw: (d20+5)[25]
    [Confirmation roll 20]
    Damage: (d4+2)[3]
    [ x2 crit damage, 3 + 4] = 7

Status

10 HP
    17 AC, -2 from charging = 15 AC
    Briefly perplexed as to the nature of goblins
    Last edited by Fibinachi; 2013-08-12 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Forgot an apostrophe

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Khazak had been rushing forward, swinging his axe at the goblins as two of them charged back. He missed, but at least it kept one of the little buggers from hitting him. The second darted in and stabbed him in the side, eliciting a growl from the dwarf.

Before he could swing, however, two more combatants charged towards him. One was obviously a half-breed orc, and the other appeared to be ... a fire demon. Taking a step backwards, he raised the longaxe with a wild grin on his face and muttered, almost to himself, "C'mon then, ye bastiches! Ah'll kill ye all!"

Once the two newcomers closed, however, the situation quickly became confused. The half-orc swung a huge double-bladed axe and almost tripped himself as he swung too hard, too eager; but as he regained his balance, Khazak noticed the tattoos across his head. Shaonti? Mebbe he's not wit th'gobbos ...

The fiery beast lashed out as well, but failed to connect. The goblins did not seem to view the two as allies, so Khazak used the distraction to his advantage. He swung at one of the goblins, using the half-orc's presence to pin it between them ... "If'n yer here ta help, quit slappin' at air!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Alrighty, step back to use reach weapon and flank these goof-balls. Attack: (1d20+6)[22], damage: (1d12+4)[7]

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

The party barely has time to catch their breath before their is a squeal and and the singing voice of the goblin comes closer as you see a surge of more goblins coming running into the square. All of the goblins toting their crude dog slicers and flaming brands as a couple are eyeing a large flaming cart nearby...

The Goblin warchanter continues his song...

Even as that happens a second goblin behind the chanter stops and pulls out what appears to be a small dog skull with desiccated horse hooves attached. he shakes it and mutters a few words in goblin that make no sense but a pulse of dark swirling green energy surrounds the goblins invigorating them.

Spoiler
    Show

All the goblins move into the square
    War Chanter begins to Inspire Courage
    Cleric casts Bless on his fellow Goblins

Spoiler
    Show
    Here is a map

The square is brown. THe rusty Dragon is grey and the adjacent shop is black. The yellow thing is a wagon packed with flammables.

The "G" are goblins. WC is a warchanter, GC is a Goblin Priest.
    You guys are named after your names plus Ei the Eidolon

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

May watches much to her dismay as more goblins seem to show up. The girl bit her bottom lip, shivering a little bit. She wasn't at all expecting to see such happen, making her quite nervous about it. Still, she had to do what she could to get rid of them, to protect the city. She wanted to live up to and show strength much like Ameiko had always showed her in the past.

Clutching her hand into a fist briefly, she gestured forward towards her Eidolon. "Go get them Baelthor!" Well her voice stills howed slight traces of her nervousness, overall it showed off a rather bold side to her as well, protraying her conviction despite her nerves.

Baelthor, more then happy to oblige, charges the furtherest south goblin and lashes out at the beast with haste using its call, much as it did in its attempt the first one, attempting to maime the creature quickly and rid of the threat before it could react.

Actions
    Spoiler
    Show

Baelthor charges and attacks.
    Attack: (1d20+6)[24]
    Damage: (1d6+3)[9]

Stats
    Spoiler
    Show

May 10/10
    Buffs: Bless (+1 ATT +1 Save Fear) - 6/r
    Debuffs:
    Baelthor 11/11
    Buffs: Bless (+1 ATT +1 Save Fear) 6/r
    Debuffs:
    Last edited by HanaRei; 2013-08-13 at 05:35 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

Before Erik can congratulate the others on a job well done, or at least take a drink to get this sudden dryness out of his throat, another bunch of goblins appears. A small goblin band sneaking into the town is not unheard of, but this looks llike a large incursion! The cleric decides to ponder the consequences of this event later - for now, there are enemies to be brought low.

Seeing the goblin priest mutter dark prayers to its foul gods fills Erik with indignation. He counters by reaching to a small symbol - a wooden tankard - hanging around his neck and focusing strongly, uttering a short litany of his own. Cayden Cailean, grant us barevery in this hour of need. The tankard glows, filling the cleric's allies with hope and strength.

The portly man moves closer to the battle, trying not to stray too far from his new companions.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Bless.
    Moving to the left of Khazak.
    Last edited by Storm Vermin; 2013-08-14 at 06:21 AM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Satisfied with slaying the goblin, Khazak started to wipe his blade off on the body when he heard more annoying chants coming from around the corner. "Gyah, ah hate dem gobbos!" Moving at a trot, Khazak closed with the small band, then stopped and waited, holding his axe at the ready.

"Come an git it, bastiches ..."

Spoiler
    Show
    Move action to H9 (back to wall!). Hold remaining action to whack the first goblin that closes.
    Just in case ... attack: (1d20+4)[20], damage: (1d12+4)[9].

And an AOO for my reach weapon, just in case: (1d20+4)[9], damage: (1d12+4)[5]

Oh, guess add a +1 to the attack, if we're under bless!
    Last edited by Starbin; 2013-08-13 at 04:15 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

Raigard is surprised to see another flask-thrower, but he smiles widely at Liresha as she uses her own concoction against the goblins.

I wonder if I can synthesize one of those? murmurs the alchemist as he smells the musk and almost failing to spot a charging foe.

Rag tries to dodge the half-burnt goblin's attack, but his voluminous backpack turns an agile dodge into a struggle to retain balance.

I wonder where is the center of mass of my laboratory? I bet it's around the snake oil... or could it be next to the purified sulfur? the alchemist begins to ponder aloud.

That is, until a stabbing pain in his mid section brings him back to reality.

Hey! exclaims the alchemist as he reaches for a flask of acid to throw at the goblin.

Fortunately, Rag is saved by the opportune charge of the portly cleric. And it would seem that other adventurers were taking care of the last two enemies.

Thanks! is all that Rag manages to say before more goblins appear.

The alchemist takes stock of the situation. What were the goblins looking at?

Watch out for the wagon!or is it a cart? After all, carts have two wheels while wagons have four yells Raigard, not sure what the goblins were going to do, but fairly confident that it would have to do with non-controlled explosions...

Pots and kettles muses the alchemist as he takes advantage of the strange beyonder providing cover for him to move closer to the goblins. While he dashes, he retrieves from one of his pockets a light-blue colored pill: It was not much, but Rag had managed to create an simplified version of the mutagens her mother had discussed in her journal. Swallowing the medicine, the alchemist begins to feel as if time was moving more slowly, allowing Rag to better react to his environment.

Actions
    Spoiler
    Show
    Move to K7
    Standard: Drink Mutagen (+4 DEX, -2 WIS)

Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hp=7/9
    AC= 17 (3 armor + 4 Dex)

My PbP characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Retired Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

gg, N_R

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

Tarok scowls as the goblins avoid his axe. As the dwarf mocks his aim, he replies, "Only reason I missed is because you're in the way."

The argument has little time to go any further, as more goblins flood into the streets. Invigorated by the cleric's blessing, the half orc charges toward the pesky creatures.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move action to the closest goblin (it's exactly 30ft away from Tarok's position) and attack. Hopefully the dice roller doesn't continue to hate me :)

(1d20+6)[9]
    Damage: (1d8+6)[12]

Show

I like half-orcs

Retired:

26. - Top - End - #26

Kobold

""If'n yer here ta help, quit slappin' at air!""

Liresha looked at the goblin splayed at her feet. Her fists itched. But the green creature was definitively out cold, brought low by an opening it had carelessly left in its defenses by not expecting a fourth combatant to show up and wallop it from behind.

Up close and with a moment to consider, the goblins were less terrifying, less immediately shocking. Globular heads and green skin. Their weapons still looked wicked, though, but at least now they were clenched in unmoving fists or dropped near still bodies. The violent interlude was over...

... Bollocks. Bollocks drat buggery. Of course there's more goblins waiting in the wings. Of course they bring holy goblin relics on their raid. Of course that relic is a dog skull.
    Bollocks.

"Gyah, ah hate dem gobbos!"

The dwarf pulls of to the side, back against the wall of the Rusty Dragon, placing his weapon before him.

"Go get them Baelthor!""

While the tall figure leaps ahead, closing in the distance in a few bounding steps. Lots of muscle in that frame, if the wet impact is any indicator. Poor goblins.

There was commotion behind her as well, probably reinforcements tinkling in, readying to turn the tide. Hooded half-orc off to the side. Smell of burned goblin in the air. Where there should be terror, she instead felt buzzing excitement.

Bollocks to it, might as well do something reckless and inane while the combat high lasted. The hooded half orc was charging a goblin, and that seemed like a lot of fun of all a sudden, so Liresha hustled to join him, fumbling in her belt as she went for her blade. Oh bollocks to that too, no time, she had to do this by hand. And what was that about the wagon?

Action
    Spoiler
    Show

Raarr Liresha charges to F 4

Charge attack, + bless(d20+6)[8]
    Damage, bludgeoning: (1d4+2)[5]

Status
    Spoiler
    Show

Hp 10, AC 15
    Blessed.

Riding the wave of terror
    Last edited by Fibinachi; 2013-08-14 at 04:36 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

The heroes leap into action as the goblins run into the square and the actual residents flee like frightened rabbits. A glowing ring of golden light with a faint after smell of warm mead spreads our from Erik cheering the party and Rag starts to blur slightly as his body begins to move faster and faster.

Khazak leans hard up against the wall but the massive hulking eidolon and the half-breeds race forward. The eidolon crushes a goblin with a meaty paw but the other two fumble with blade and axe slipping on some spilled salmon and beer causing them to miss.

The goblins respond violently. The three goblins waving dog slicers and torches lash out at Tarok, Liressa and the eidolon...

Spoiler
    Show

Tarok attack (1d20+4)[22] Damage (1d4+2)[4]
    Liressa attack (1d20+4)[17] Damage (1d4+2)[5]
    Baelthorattack (1d20+4)[12] Damage (1d4+2)[4]

The warchanter and cleric both fall back upon their magics. THe warchanter lashing out with a powerful screech to confuse Tarok while the cleric taps the skull 3 times and spits on the floor before a vile spirit flows before the massive Baelthor to strike fear into his mighty heart.

Spoiler
    Show

Tarok - Daze Will DC12
    Baelthor - Cause Fear Will DC13 + AoO form the gobbos if required
    attack (1d20+4)[19] Damage (1d4+2)[4]
    attack (1d20+4)[20] Damage (1d4+2)[5]

Map

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

Rag continues his race towards the foes as his vast intellect processes the locations and tactics of all the players involved in this battle.

Finding the optimal place that would maximize enemy damage while avoiding his newfound allies, the alchemist reaches once more into his backpack and, with almost supernatural speed, throws another of his deadly explosive

Actions
    Spoiler
    Show
    Throw Bomb at C3
    attack - (1d20+7)[25] (4 DEX + 2 Feats + 1 Bless) vs AC10
    Spash for 7 damage (affect WC, GC and two G), REF for 1/2 dmg (DC 15)

Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hp=7/9
    AC= 17 (3 armor + 4 Dex)

My PbP characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Retired Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

gg, N_R

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Seeing the goblins amass but fail to respond to his dwarven presence irked Khazak for some reason. While he had spent most of his recent time fighting creatures much larger, the idea that he was being dismissed (by creatures actually smaller than him) just torqued him off!

Growling low, he lumbered forward, axe in hand. His muscles began to bulge and his chest puffed up as the adrenalin hit. A red haze seemed to cover the world as a low roaring filled his ears. As he reached the goblin holding a dog's skull, he was in a full sprint; with a flick of his mighty shoulders the axe swung forward with frightning speed and momentum, hurling squarely towards the object of Khazak's rage ...

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC - I'll spoiler this part later, but so I can see it, here we go!
    Rage (Free action), Charge (Full round)
    Attack (+2 charge, +2 rage, +1 bless) (1d20+9)[24], damage: (1d12+7)[9]

Last edited by Starbin; 2013-08-14 at 05:56 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

May stood back quietly watching from a distance a bit uneasy. She felt almost useless in the back, biting her bottom lip only able to be supportive for now watching from a distance keeping herself away from harm.

Baelthor evaded the blow of the one goblin looking fiercely at it. The look itself seemed to fade as the demonic looking entity glanced out wide eye. It suddenly darted away running straight back away from the creature that had caused it fear, causing May to look quite uneasy as he did such.

Actions
    Spoiler
    Show

Running!

Stats
    Spoiler
    Show

May 10/10
    Buffs: Bless (+1 ATT +1 Save Fear) - 4/r
    Debuffs:
    Baelthor 11/11
    Buffs: Bless (+1 ATT +1 Save Fear) 4/r
    Debuffs:
    Last edited by HanaRei; 2013-08-14 at 06:01 PM.