New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: Runelords IC

1. - Top - End - #181
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Runelords IC

"I didn't realized opening a door required so much talking." Tarok mutters, annoyed. The whole reason they were unlocking the door instead of breaking it down was so no one would know they're outside.

Hopefully it was just as hard to hear them from inside as it was vice-versa.

Spoiler: Characters
    Show
    Tarok and Kamo, level 6 half-orc ranger, bunyip-slayer, and all around badass.

I like half-orcs

Retired:

Aldrin Cress, level 10 human sorcerer. Hero of Korvosa.
    Tireas Slate, level 4 tiefling ninja. Eternally scheming.

DMing: Dragon's Demand

2. - Top - End - #182
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kobold

"This way, we sweet talk the lock into... opening up and let us in, it won't feel so closed up in the company of strangers, won't keep us out of it's private rooms of the heart"

She suppresed a snicker, with some effort.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground

Between the two of the them Liressa and Raigard soon manage to jimmy the lock and the door swings open. The door opens into the main display room for the Kaijitsu family glass wares. Long shelves and cabinets display a wide variety of ornate decorations in a multitude of colours and fancy shapes.

Another cabinet contains dozens of bottles in various shapes, colours and sizes. Behind the counter there is a pair of doors. One marked in a neat hand as "storeroom" the other with bumps and hisses and clangs probably the main forge and glassworks.
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

May walked forward, glancing around as she wandered inside the glassworks. It was a bit strange to 'enter' in such a manor... but her worry about Ameiko over-ran such thoughts. She would apologize full heartedly after, she had to! Looking at the various pieces of display, she came to notice the two signs labeling the rooms. "Ah... which door do you think we should go in? I'm not really sure just how the place is laid out to be frank." She spoke, biting her bottom lip as she tugged lightly on her skirt, feeling a bit out of place.

5. - Top - End - #185

Kobold

The door swung back under their able ministrations. Raigard had a keen edge for mechanical locks, sharper than her own knack for tinkering with barred gateways, but she could blame that on not sneaking into the belonings of others for a while. Yeah, that was it, obviously. Had to ask him for tips later.

"Way I savvy, we know there's clanging banging down that way, so check the silent stores since that's an unknown..."

While taking a few tentative steps down the display room towards the storeroom door, Liresha idly loosened her blade in its scabbard and continued speaking in a low voice.

"Don't wanna throw down in here, these pieces look pretty and pretty fragile. Huh, true Kaijitsu glass. Think we got a shipment of that once, in Riddleport. Says "Got", but... yeah. Acquired's a better word. Think the fellas what brough it in wanted gemstones, not glass. Laugh of the taverns for a bit.

Slipping around the counter, eyes peeled for any incriminating shred of evidence bearing witness to slaughter, Liresha reached for the door to the storerooms. Bollocks, it always right around here in the stories someone got shanked.

Spoiler
    Show
    (d20-1)[2] Perception Roll, if neccesary.
    Edit: I'm blind! Blind!
    Last edited by Fibinachi; 2013-09-30 at 06:53 AM.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Troll in the Playground

When the group enters, Rag turns again to the lock to re-engage the mechanism, almost missing that the group was moving on.

That sounds like a logical plan to me says the alchemist after hearing the magus' suggestion, clearly not aware that his agreement might make things more unnerving.

With a bomb in one hand, Raigard peers into the storage room.

Spoiler
    Show
    perception - (1d20+4)[14]
    Last edited by Drothmal; 2013-09-30 at 07:13 PM.

My PbP characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Caelon Ismort, lvl 6 paladin, Kingmaker (Part II)

Gael, lvl 3 sorcerer, Serpent Skull

Ril, lvl 3 ninja, Jade Regent

Raigard, lvl 4 alchemist, Rise of the Runelords

Astias, lvl 3 human bard, Wrath of the Righteous

Retired Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Rennard Balmont, lvl 9 magus Curse of the Crimson Throne (Parts I-IV)
    LIX (lvl 7 minotaur psychic warrior), Fall of the Dragon King
    Revelc, lvl 4 ranger, Origin of Species

gg, N_R

7. - Top - End - #187
    Troll in the Playground

"Mm," Tarok mutters in agreement, keeping his axe ready. If "Tsuto" captured Ameiko, then she would probably be kept away from anyone else in the Glassworks. Unless she joined her brother, of course, but May seemed to think she was in danger.
    Last edited by Blisstake; 2013-10-01 at 12:53 PM.

Show

I like half-orcs

Retired:

8. - Top - End - #188

Kobold

"No suggestions? I'll be dam..." Tracing of as she made room for Tarok and Raigard, Liresha shook her head and changed subject "Was expectin' you to tell us 'bout the tactically beneficial approach. Uhm. Go right on ahead - see anything?"

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Khazak followed the others in through the main door, scratching his chin idly as he rested his axe on his right shoulder. All this sneaking about and 'tickling the locks' wasn't really his strong suit. Give him a huge foe with vulnerable legs, and things would be different.

As the others peered into the storeroom, looking for gods knows what, he listened at the door to the forgeroom. As he waited, he grunted to no one in particular. "Dinnae the note say sumthin' bout a delivery entrance?"
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

10. - Top - End - #190
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starbin View Post
    "Dinnae the note say sumthin' bout a delivery entrance?"
    Oh yeah! says Rag, realizing he had already forgotten about that rather important piece of information well, I guess we are here anyways and probably no one expects us to enter through the front door, so it is a double surprise But we should keep it in mind if we need to make a hasty escape! That's I try to perform experiments in buildings with at least three exits, counting jumping through windows

Quote Originally Posted by Fibinachi View Post
    "No suggestions? I'll be dam..." Tracing of as she made room for Tarok and Raigard, Liresha shook her head and changed subject "Was expectin' you to tell us 'bout the tactically beneficial approach. Uhm. Go right on ahead - see anything?"
    Oh, well, if you insist, after this I'll retrieve my copy of Balmont's treaty on battle tactics, which actually focuses on creating an in depth analysis of battle formations and group divisions based on group capabilities, but has some interesting addenda on searching protocols for unknown structures, all from a smuggler's port-side hideout to merchant palaces replies Raigard, excited to share his vast collection of "VERY USEFUL" treatises.
    Last edited by Drothmal; 2013-10-02 at 04:11 PM.

My PbP characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Retired Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

gg, N_R

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Khazak nudged the excited man with the haft of his axe. Leaning closer, he whispered loudly, "Intrestin', lad, but what do they say about being quiet?"

With a smile as wide as his beard, Khazak waggled his nose and waited for the others to decide on a direction.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

The door to the storerooms opens smoothly on well oiled hinges. A short passage beyond. As you walk down it you can all detect a foul smell mixed with the sharp salty tang of blood. The first room on your right, a storeroom filled with shattered glass and smashed shelves as hundreds of gold pieces worth of produce has been shattered, the other rooms a pair of small closets full of cleaning supplies and general "stuff" with now what appears to be greenish turd filling the buckets - the source of much of the stench.

The door at the end of the corridor lies off it hinges, the room beyond (A6) a state of carnage, clearly once a meeting or dining room of sorts its now a scene of murder with blood stains on the floor, a hacked off hand left casually on a table and a broken dogslicer wedged into a crate. The walls liberally decorated with goblinoid curses smeared in dried blood or greenish goblin faeces. Through the door to the left the faint sounds of metal clanging and cackling high pitched laughter can be heard along with the dull rumble of the glass furnace.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Khazak tightened his grip on his axe as the familiar scent of blood reached his nose. Upon entering the room, he paused as he took in the grisley tableau laid before them. A snarl emerged from his lips, gutteral and deadly, as they saw the desecration wrought upon the room.

The sudden laughter and clashing sounds from the west drew his attention. In a rush, Khazak was at the door, cracking it open to see what the foul little sh!ts were doing on the other side.

Spoiler
    Show
    Let's get it on!

14. - Top - End - #194
    Troll in the Playground

Tarok looks at the gruesome scene, and then to the door where the laughter is coming from. The note indicated Ameiko's father had dealings with the goblins, and the goblin chanting (and droppings) were starting to give credibility to that statement.

A dismembered hand; that's never a good omen.

"We can't muck around here. We need to stop them now."

Without waiting for the party to respond, Tarok moves for the door leading to the high pitched noises.

Show

I like half-orcs

Retired:

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

The sights and smelled overwhelmed May at first. A noticable look of distaste filling her face as she cringed at the smell. If there was any bit of doubt in her mind that something was wrong, it was now long gone. Ameiko had to be in trouble. She had to find her! May squirmed a little in place as if in deep thought, worried her 'idol' might of been done away with... torn apart. The very thought running through her head for a moment. She suddenly shook her head before whispering softly to herself unintentionally her thoughts.

Whisper to Self:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "No... Ameiko is strong... sh... she has to be alright."

She turned her head up, noticing the glare of Baelthor piecing through her body. She bit her bottom lip, looking at him nervously. "S..s...sorry, I know... I can't let it bother me now." She spoke softly to her eidolon, her voice a bit more hushed though more vocal then before.

Returning her gaze towards Tarok as she heard his words. She nodded in response. She watched as Khazak suddenly charged the door, a little taken back as she clutched her dagger just in case, Baelthor seeming more alert as he stood ready to fight as he came crashing forward towards the sinister laughter.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Troll in the Playground

More than offended by the smell, Raigard seems to be... interested

Interesting... I would say that this smell comes from a diet that is rich in protein, but with a sulfurous content due to lack of proper cooking mumbles the alchemist

And then Rag sees the severed hand...

Horrified, the alchemist first reaction is to look for the rest of the body, but he finds nothing but the curses on the wall

Oh, that one say that humanoids are some sort of mix between a stew and excrement... points out the alchemist in hushed tones, thankfully listening to the dwarf's suggestion of keeping his voice down.

Hearing the voices brings the alchemist back to the prestent

We need to hurry! whispers the alchemist, who in a flurry of activity picks up the severed hand, seals it in a glass container while at the same time retrieving and drinking two of his extracts

Preparations ready, Rag once again picks up his bombs and follows after the other two warriors, ready to lob his deadly explosive at any enemies

Actions
    Spoiler
    Show
    Drink mutagen (+4 Dex, -2 WIS, +2 Natural Armor), 10 mins
    Consume Anticipate Peril (+1 Insight bonus on initiative), 1 min
    Last edited by Drothmal; 2013-10-04 at 04:40 PM.

My PbP characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Retired Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

gg, N_R

17. - Top - End - #197

Kobold

Ah. Blood, metallic and heavy in the air. Balmont and his treatises would have to wait, carnage was upon them. She had been nourishing the hope that all of this was just going to be familial clandestine conspiracies, illicit meetings and a Scanzi connection - a hope withering with the sight of the severed hand, blood and Raigard's apt translation of a few choice goblinoid curses, dissolving into wrath and a pounding in her temples.
    Goblins did casual cruelty, petty and base, just a few pranks played by something that had no real sense of humor with sad results and misery instead of laughter. Goblins would not have left the display room alone to dissuade any quick peek through the keyhole, yet tear a door of its hinges and splatter blood all over the walls. That took direction and malice, hatred channeled in some destructive manner by someone who had a plan. Liresha would have said something, between teeth clenched hard enough to hurt, but the room became a hotbed of activity as everyone arrived at the same conclusion, drawing weapons and breaking into a charge. People were dead and Ameiko was somewhere in the complex, probably close to becoming a corpse herself.
    May was handling that well, as well as anyone facing the possibility of their childhood friend held hostage by vague forces could be expected to. Muttering to herself was a far better sign than gibbering, or shaking.

Almost certainly.

"We can't muck around here. We need to stop them now."

Right. Think. Malice festered. You had to cut it out. Basic anatomy, mixed with a righteous thrill of anger. Khazak throws himself through the door, which leads into the forge - the same forge reachable through the display room. Tarok and Raigard follow, a beachhead of axes, teeth and explosives. Baelthor and May stand still, shocked or scared or shaken or steady, too difficult to tell. Had to shock her into action, keep the worries at bay and give that bit of steel in her spine another chance to manifest.

"May! Baelthor! Display room door - forge! Hit them, two sides, surprise!"

Pivoting around, tail out for counterbalance, Liresha barreled back down the way the lot of them had just come.

Action
    Spoiler
    Show
    Move back down, try to enter A17 from A1 through the door from earlier.

Arcane pool point into rapier for +1, 1 minute
    Last edited by Fibinachi; 2013-10-04 at 06:47 PM.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Titan in the Playground

The party barrelled through both sets of doors and found.... nothing! A large corridor stacked with piles of glass powder, sand and guano alongside lots of water and charcoal. The sound of cackling and high pitched goblin squeaking is louder now though, underlined by the low pitched drone of the forge fires burning.

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #199
    Troll in the Playground

This is not the correct room! whispers Raigard, pointing out the obvious

The alchemist looks for a door to the other side from where he is, but it seems futile.

Rag starts waving his arms wildly at Liresha, trying to catch her attention. When he gets it, he makes a series of ridiculous gestures that basically come down to "can you see a door to the other side?"

When Liresha points out that there is a door right in front of her, Raigard grins widely (his already low common sense dulled further by his own chemical concoctions) and moves towards the likely entrance, ready to make an encore of his attempts to adopt a "bash the door and blast the enemies" strategy.

Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hp=9/9
    AC = 19 (3 Armor + 4 Dex + 2 Natural)
    Initiative +7
    Last edited by Drothmal; 2013-10-06 at 01:33 PM.

My PbP characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Retired Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

gg, N_R

20. - Top - End - #200

Kobold

Raigard, the cheery lunatic, was waving his hands wildly.

Not, Liresha noticed, currently fighting a horde of murderous, frenzied goblins intent on slaying everything in Sandpoint while making small commemorative glass statues for the rest of the tribe. Clutching her sword in her hand, heart thumping with premature battle energy, Liresha took a moment to feel silly.

Well! That only meant the little monsters weren't in this corridor, which must peg them as located in the next room, behind that little seal of a wooden doorway. Now what did Raigard want? Thieve's-cant, which he probably did know along with everything else, boiled down to... left arm, wiggle, wiggle, right arm, snake, flail flail... eat a flamespitter and re-order timber supplies from the man with no face... Three excited jumps up and down meant incoming clouds. Right. Weird dialect of the cant, that one. Probably easier to assume he was asking about doors, because she couldn't spot any diamonds around here.
    Nodding furiously, Liresha mimed a small square with exacting care, and then held up one finger. Pointing further down the corridor, she mimed a larger square and indicated "Two".

Then she took a few careful steps forward to peek through the keyhole of the first door, intent on sneaking it open for a glance at the forge. The smart, reasonable thing to do, dealing with an unknown of this caliber. Even the alchemist in his overexcited state wouldn't just barge through a closed door into a room full of chattering something-somethings.
    ---

Thoughts like that was probably the reason she was taken by surprise when the overexcited alchemist proceeded to do just that.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll roll stealth here, to open the door and have a look inside subtle-like, although that'll soon be interrupted by someone chucking bombs or someones wielding axes.

(d20+2)[14]

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

May felt in some part a sense of relief, the room itself being empty. She shook her head a little bit, glancing over Baelthor as she bit her bottom lip. Perhaps really what they were doing wasn't such a great idea, given how this attempt worked. There was no doubt goblins were somewhere in the glass works, though just where was left a mystery. She relaxed a little bit, at least as much as she could given her worrying about Ameiko. Her hand shaking lightly as she gripped it into a fist.

She turned her head over towards Baelthor before looking to the others. "M... maybe... charging in hapazardly... won't be a good idea either..." She spoke spotting some worry about their current plan of action. She lightly gripped at her hat, fixing it on her head. Her eyes glanced back intently at those around her.

Baelthor glared at May, grumbling a bit before speaking. "Well speak up girl, ain't nobody hear reading your damn mind." The Eidolon spoke up a bit with a more pointed tongue, not raising its voice too loud however.

May looked over shaking her head a bit. She wasn't quite sure to say, looking a bit uneasy at lacking such a response after speaking up. She turned her head down a bit in thought. "W...well I'm just saying if we can get a jump on them... well... at least in a more orderly manor I... I guess. Getting a good position to throw them completely off guard. I think they might be in the furnace room... maybe... at least I think from the noisy sounds they are making. Though... I'm not quite sure where that might be... or if theres multiple rooms like that. S... sorry I've never really been here and I don't know that much about how they do things. She spoke scratching the back of her head, feeling more and more as she spoke that she was more rambling then saying anything really productive.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Khazak continued to jog along to whichever door the others pointed out. At May's caution, he turned and grinned. "Aye, lass, but when crashin' a gobbo party, best to make it loud 'n messy!

'Sides, do ah look like a long ear? Sneakin' ain't em for-tay."

However, he did wait at the door for a moment as the others prepared themselves, before pushing through and looking for the nearest goblin to brain!

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

The doors fly open and reveal to you a scene of madness and death. A long furnace burns along the southeast wall of this equally long room. Marble tables sit throughout the chamber, used to work raw glass into usable shapes, with nearby wooden tables cluttered with various tools of the trade. The building’s furnace rumbles loudly, and hisses deeply. The main furnace burns at the northeast end, a large chamber that utilizes alchemically treated
    wood that burns with a hot blue light. The workers use this room to melt glass, but rumours say that Lonjiku also periodically “rented” the furnace to Sczarni thugs for the disposal of evidence, as the fires are hot enough to burn bones and teeth.

As the furnace’s stone pipes run to the southwest, they reach smaller and progressively cooler furnaces used to keep glassworking projects at the
    proper temperature; glass shatters if it’s allowed to cool
    too quickly.

Currently this room is a gruesome display of goblin boredom. The bodies of the eight murdered staffers lie in various stages of dismemberment; the goblins have been burning legs and arms in the furnace with glee, and pouring melted glass on the remains in an attempt to duplicate Tsuto’s masterpiece. This would be his father’s body, propped up in a chair in the central alcove and encased in thick runny sheets of hardened glass.

Around all of this 8 goblins mince and dance playing with tongs and scoops of molten glass and the tall thin, laconic Tsuto - a man that May recognises all too easily.

he looks up, a brief look of annoyance before a wave of his hand and a "Kill them" in a short barked command in goblin...

Spoiler
    Show

Players can go first

New Map

24. - Top - End - #204
    Troll in the Playground

Raigard jumps into the room, ready to make a daring rescue of any survivors

We are here to help! well, at least to try to help... declares the alchemist in as close of an impression of a hero he can muster.

Which led to him to be all the more confused when the human ordered the goblins to kill him

He just ordered the goblins to kill us! translates Rag, and then clarifies and it is not my fault this time, I swear!

Despite this seemingly waste of time, Rag's alchemcially enhanced senses still give him time to retrieve one of his explosives, activate it and lob it after calculating the point of maximum enemy damage.

I'll clear the way! calls the alchemist as his projectile is mid air

Actions
    Spoiler
    Show
    Move into the room
    Throw bomb into the middle of the three closest goblins (if for some reason these goblins are already killed/incapacitated by someone else, move closer and lob in the middle of the next group of three)

attack - (1d20+6)[20] (4 Dex + 1 PBS + 1 Throw Anything) vs AC 10
    7 damage (Ref DC 15 for 1/2)

Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hp=9/9
    Initiative +7
    Bombs= 5/6
    Mutagen= 9 mins

My PbP characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Retired Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

gg, N_R

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

May watched the door swing wide open. The sight of goblins briefly took her by surprise... though it paled in comparison to the man she saw. It was a face she didn't recall seeing around all to often yet one that had stuck with her. Her lips parted as to speak, unable to find words in disbelief as he spoke to the goblins who all but seemed to be in part listening to him.

Baelthor noticed May's lack of action, grunting a bit as the creature decided to act on its own accord, not allowing his Master's shock leave him without any way to react. The creature rushed into the room, finding its way up towards the nearby goblin as he attempted to slash at it with its claws.

Action:
    Spoiler
    Show
    May: Standing still in shock, no action
    Baelthor moves to and attacks nearby goblin.
    Attack: (1d20+4)[5]
    Damage: (1d6+3)[5]

26. - Top - End - #206

Kobold

Exclamation Re: Runelords IC

"Rag, what-se goblin for "Bollocks?""

Jitters. Strange how easily those came on, conflicting with the desire to fight. Getting caught between wrath and worry was a disconcerting experience, but then, so was this charnel house, splattered with the innards of its own workers. A macabre display of goblin inventiveness. Perhaps she'd been wrong about casual cruelty being petty, an easy conclusion when faced with the glass-encrusted shape of what was probably once a man. Bollocks. While a part of her mind gathered bits of the scene, another part realized that if she didn't do something, anything, momentary confusion would turn to heart-wrenching terror and she'd start running. Probably never stop. Turned out, fear tastes a whole lot like bile, which an aftertaste of wobbly knees. Useful observation, probably, if she ever wanted to get into the business of cowardly culinary delights.
    Bollocks to that. She'd make a fine statue, decorative, even, which was well enough payback for one or two spates of breaking and entering. There were worse ways to die.
    ... Probably.

"I'll clear the way!"

One of the alchemists experiments sailed past her, followed by the heavy footfalls of Baelthor, who was all flash, menace and claws. Maybe the four of them could distract the goblins, give the two at the other end a shot at the leader. Bollocks to that idea too, that meant more chances of being stabbed!

"Stay behind me"

Tracing a pattern with her left hand, she ran forward and jumped on the worktable, landing just as the protective bubble of her shield shimmered into existence. Mercifully, it cut out some of the heat from the forge, dulled the goblin shrieks slightly. It did not blot out the ghastly shape of glass that the lanky man had choosen to erect on a chair, theatrically poised in the middle alcove. Figures the actual display room would be here, the other one just a prelude to something far more avantgarde and striking. But theatrics were Liresha's forte, not some lanky looking fellow with a penchant for the overly dramatic and grandiose. No, this called for something really distracting, so Tarok could bite get a shot at biting his face off or Khazak cleave his kneecaps. Besides, if she started insulting people, she might stop feeling like she was going to throw up.

"OI! Everyone be cool! This is a rescue! Anyone move, Rag'll execute every last one of ya, you fething green dog-lovers! We're here to inspect the glassworks, and this is all highly unregulated! Unsanitary! You've got the biggest fine coming! We'll have to write down ya names n' teach dogs to chase ya! "

A muffled explosion undercut the last word. Hah, with the forge on rumbling, Raigard tossing and Baelthor charging, they probably couldn't hear a single word she was saying, just spot someone waving a sword and tail about while flailing her arms.

"I've seen greener things onna plane of dead grass! Sailor's puke more color'll you lot! My fumble-fingered fool of a father could fix shinier glass! You all smell nice and clean and new and like you just had a bath! I have no idea how to insult goblins! You louts probably think libraries are bad places! Read a book sometime! Your chief is a silly person!

There.
    Now she was really going to get stabbed.

Action
    Spoiler
    Show
    Liresha moves down two squares and one right, ending up on top of the table. With 15 feet of spare movement, I assume she makes it.

(d20+2)[11], if an acrobatics roll is required.

She casts shield as a standard action, bumping her AC to 21.
    As a free action, she yells and yells and yells, to distract the crowd from Tarok and Khazak. Obviously, the goblins can interupt at any time. Or the acrobatics roll can be so low that she hits her face on the worktable and never gets to say anything.

Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    Liresha
    10 / 10 HP
    21 AC, 3 armor, 3 dex, 1 nat, 4 shield
    17 touch

AP+1, 8 rounds left
    Last edited by Fibinachi; 2013-10-08 at 06:07 PM.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Troll in the Playground

Tarok hears explosions and shouting coming from the other side of the building. That must be the signal.

The half-orc runs in, trying to cut his way toward the apparent leader of the goblins. It shouldn't be too difficult - they died fast enough when they first attacked the town.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm not really sure if I'm able to charge to the goblin diagonal from Tarok or not, or if I have to use an action to open the door. If I can charge I will:

(1d20+7)[20] to hit, possibly against flat footed
    (1d8+6)[9] damage

If I have to open the door as a move action (or can't charge in due to difficult terrain or whatnot), then I'll chuck a throwing axe at the closest goblin.

take off 4 from the above attack roll
    (1d6+6)[11] damage
    Last edited by Blisstake; 2013-10-08 at 12:59 PM.

Show

I like half-orcs

Retired:

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Khazak took in the scene and growled, a low dangerous sound deep in the back of his throat. He had seen even worse atrocities from giants, but the sheer evil of these miniature monsters was nearly on par.

Gripping his axe, he rushed forward, using the length to attack the nearest living goblin from a distance.

Spoiler
    Show
    Going to rush forward and attack the closest, living goblin. Not sure which one it will be, but charging!

Attack w/longaxe (reach): (1d20+6)[19], dam: (1d12+4)[7]
    AOO (if necessary): (1d20+6)[23], dam: (1d12+4)[7]

AC: 14; HPs: 15/15; Rage: 7/7
    Last edited by Starbin; 2013-10-08 at 03:55 PM.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

Pandemonium breaks out as the heroes of Sandpoint burst into the chamber. To the bottom of the end its green blood that pours as Tarok races in, a blow from his axe hacking down a small green goblin. Khazak follows suit leaping atop the table and hewing the head off a goblin standing beside the table trying to blow a glass orb inside one of the workers now emptied out skulls.

To the north Raigard leaps into the room a bomb flying through the air exploding near 3 of the goblins. Two of them being wounded by the flying shards and the heat. The third is less lucky - caught in the act of pouring molten glass over a worker's leg to make glass footprints the heavy scoop slips in the blast splashing over the goblin's face as it dies a horrific death, its face burned and forever entombed in a surprisingly well made glassy goblin death mask.

Baelthor and Liresha distract the others, Baelthor by his threatening large claws and Liresha by her acrobatic leap atop the table. The nearest goblins rush to engage them, both wielding red hot tongs!

Spoiler
    Show

Touch Vs Bealthor (1d20-2)[17] damage (1d4)[4] fire and DC15 or set alight

Touch Vs Liresha (1d20-2)[5] damage (1d4)[4] fire and DC15 or set alight

At the bottom of the room one of the goblins runs at Khazak with his dogslicer raised but the longaxe whips down and the goblins head falls off ending the charge as the body and head bith slide under the table under their own impetous.

Two other rush at Tarok, one with a dogslicer, the other with a burning orb of half formed molten glass.

Spoiler
    Show

Touch Vs Tarok (1d20-2)[14] damage (1d4)[3] fire and DC15 or set alight

Stab Tarok (1d20+2)[10] damage (1d4+1)[5]

THe third approaching near Khazak and with a muttered goblin curse of "Burn dwarfy burn" just hurls a spray of molten glass at him!

Spoiler
    Show

Attacking with alchemists fire touch(1d20+2)[14] damage (1d8)[1] + DC15 or set ablaze

Tsuto curses a few times before leaping across the tables, spinning and loosing an arrow at Raigard as he jumps.

Spoiler
    Show

Attack (1d20+3)[19] Damage (1d6+1)[6]

New map

30. - Top - End - #210
    Troll in the Playground

If I factor in the angle, resistance and friction, that should go.... says Rag as he watches the arrow's flight

oh oh

*Thud

Thanks to his quick calculations and (thanks to his mutagen) even quicker reflexes, the alchemist is able to move his body a few inches to the side, causing the projectile to hit his shoulder instead of his heart.

Ouch!!!That hurts!! screams the far-from-stoic hero If you want a ranged firefight, that's what you are getting!

With an arrow sticking from his left shoulder as a strange fashion statement, Rag retrieves yet another explosive.

Actions
    Spoiler
    Show
    Move around nearest goblin as to be within 20ft range from Tsuto
    Standard: Throw bomb!!!

attack - (1d20+6)[7] (4 Dex + 1 PBS + 1 Throw Anything) vs Touch AC
    damage - (1d6+6)[10] (5 Int + 1 PBS)
    Splash = 7 damage (Ref DC 15 for 1/2)

I reserve the right to drop prone after seeing how Liresha and Baelthor do against their goblins. Rag is crazy, not suicidal.

Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hp=3/9
    Initiative +7
    Bombs= 4/6
    Mutagen= 9 mins

My PbP characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Retired Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

gg, N_R