Page 1 of 23 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default [OOC] Adventures in the Heartlands (4E)

Welcome, Players!
    Character Player Race/Class Role
    Azktor Azktor Half Orc Paladin Defender
    Ogun Many-Arrows Son_of_Meepo Half Orc Warlord Leader
    Skadi Neith MiketheMountain Half Orc Hunter Controller
    Tak Irish Musician Half Orc Slayer Striker
    Wind Ridai Human Thief Striker

Come on in and get familiar.

I won't be posting on the IC until the 14th so keep it on this board for now. Here is some input I would like from you.

A)I would like you to list 4 magic items you wish your character had level 1-3:
    1 weapon/implement
    1 armor/protection
    2 others

B) Post a picture or token you would like to use on the map. If you can't find or afford one, one will be provided for you. EDIT: And a speech color. I use black.

C) What is the personality of your character? Not looking for your innermost motivations, just their basic disposition.

D) What kind of game are you looking for?

A little about my gaming style.
    I like to run a fun, easy going game.
    Your character may get bloodied or even unconscious but I'm not looking to wipe you out, just challenge you. You guys have a lot of healing at your disposal so expect to use it.
    I love free thinking, wild ideas. Think movie moves, what would the hero do? If you want to try it, ask.
    Banter during combat is good.
    Teamwork is a must.
    Please be kind, post often. Even out of battle I post fairly regularly. I hope you do, too. Beware the notification system. It goes on the blink from time to time. Get in the habit of peeking at threads that haven't updated in a while.

I'm looking forward to some fun.

See you on Wednesday.
    Last edited by WaffleLord; 2014-04-04 at 11:48 PM.
    Praise be to Dakaran for the elf monk avatar! (at rest)

PCs

DMings
    Crisis at Jawal Avignon - IC, OOC
    Mystery at the Citadel - IC, OOC

2. - Top - End - #2

MonkGuy

Default Re: [OOC] Adventures in the Heartlands (4E)

Two leaders? That should be something to watch.

Here's Sarvin and his picture for the map. I'll claim Red for his speech.

EDIT: As for the items I would like...

Weapon
    Subtle Triple-Headed Flail +1

Armor
    Hide Armor of Resistance +1

Other
    Cloak of Resistance +1
    Shield of the Guardian +2

Personality

Growing up the ward of an elven marshall, Sarvin is a very business-like and forthright individual. As much as he has a good heart to match his strategic mind and a fondness for the underdog, the tiefling does not suffer fools and shirkers. "The gods have put you on this earth for a reason," he says with a snap to his tone. "It's up to you to find it, not lay about with your hands on your arse."

Game I'm Looking For
    Spoiler
    Show
    A mix of roleplay and combat.
    Last edited by 18th Avenger; 2013-08-12 at 05:37 AM.
    I wish I could say something classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn't be our style. Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever. It's been an honor sharing the field of battle with you.
    - Shane "Footsteps" Falco

I like my action the way I like my juice; Pulpy!

3. - Top - End - #3

All right, responding your questions:

A) I would like you to list 4 magic items you wish your character had level 1-3:
    Weapon: +1 Fullblade Bloodclaw (lvl 2 AV)
    Armor: +1 Meliorating Plate (lvl 3 AV)
    Other 1: +1 Badge of the Berserker (lvl 2 AV2)
    Other 2: Siberys Shard of Radiance (lvl 3 EPG)

B) Post a picture or token you would like to use on the map. If you can't find or afford one, one will be provided for you. EDIT: And a speech color. I use black.
    Appearence posted down, speech color I will use BoldSeaGreen and thinking color ItalicSeaGreen and for whispers UnderlineSeaGreen. I would also like to request DarkRed for Zau'Nix, if that is ok.

Tokens:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Azktor:

Bloodied:

Zau'nix:

Bloodied:

C) What is the personality of your character? Not looking for your innermost motivations, just their basic disposition.
    To get stronger, to form alliances and to get richer. Basically he want to have more power. And for personality I would say the 2 most stronger aspect of Azktor are his seriousness and his thirst for power, but he is also very brave and a bit ruthless with his words/actions.

D) What kind of game are you looking for?
    A game with challenge - expecially battles, but also roleplay challenge. I want a game that my character can grow and maybe later fulfill his purpose on the game world (kill Skulkan the Red-Axe and become the tribal leader of Orsi'kur)

Azktor the Black-Blade

Appearence & Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Azktor: He is a huge half-orc, really strong. With slightly green skin and long gray hair. He is always wearing a plate armor and is always ready for a fight. Azktor is serious half-orc he is used to do things his way and sometimes he seem a bit ruthless, but that is just because he know no better. They only taught him one thing in his tribe: to fight. But he is a not a bad half-orc and many times he will show some unespect kindness. He is also practical, active, blood-thirsty, lonely and brave.

Zau'nix: he is not a very friendly blink dog, but he respects Azktor comands and even is fond of him.

Background:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Azktor is from a huge tribe called Orsi'kur of savage humans and half-orcs. In that tribe the Paladins are always the leaders, but only two or three in a generation are born with the power to become a Paladin, Azktor was one of them and because of that he was separated from his family at a young age to be trained. After years of hard training that led him to his limits to survive, Azktor was ready. When he turned 20, he and two other training partners were put to the test, they would have to fight until death to find out who would be the new successor after the death of the current leader, Skulkan the Red-Axe a huge half-orc with that have a red axe always in his hand.

The three were placed in an arena with three weapons for them to choose: a red Gouge, a black Fullblade and a golden Executioner Axe. Azktor ran and grabbed the nearest weapon, the black Fullblade, and began to struggle with his opponents. For a time there was a big fight in deadlock, because all of them had the same amount of training. However Azktor emerged victorious from this battle, but ended the fight with a huge amount of injuries. Skulkan the Red-Axe called Azktor and said "From now on you will be called Azktor the Black-Blade. Now leave our tribe straightaway! And just return the day of my death...or the day that you get to kill me HAHAHA!" Skulkan ordered all the guards take him to the limit of the tribe and leave him with nothing beyond the black sword and said that if he returned he would be killed.

For one year Azktor wandered around the world and recovered his strength and began to plan a way to kill Skulkan. During this time Azktor saved the life of a huge black fey dog, the dog started to follow him from that day foward, Azktor called him Zau'nix and started to enjoy his company while traveling.

Notes: the Paladins of Orsi'kur are not the most religious out there but they really respect Tempus and sometimes they say a few words to him before and after a battle.
    Last edited by Azktor; 2013-08-12 at 04:13 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Hi everyone, here is the link to Harken. I think I may get rid of grasping claws for a long range attack, since it looks like we have a good bit of melee. Any thoughts on that?

Here is Harken:

Harken

His background might be the most oddball one I have ever written. I usually stick to simple backgrounds. His is open ended at least. I didn't like the idea of him looking like an animal when he is in his morphed form, so he will look more like a avatar of nature, barkskin, feral, and more tree like than animal.

Also, if anyone has any suggestions for finding a good picture that would be welcome.

I would like to reserve Blue as my color. I don't think it is too close to seagreen.

A.) armor of sudden recover (hide)(AV2 page 6)
    staff of ruin (AV pg 106)
    amulet of mental resolve (AV pg 148)
    feyleaf sandals (AV pg 129)

B.) Just give me a default druid looking one. I can't find any I like.

C.) Harken is motivated to explore the world he didn't see as a child. He doesn't care much to explore cities or urban areas but rather natural settings and all the things in them: run down dungeons, caves, etc. He is fiercely loyal despite his aloof nature. If he signs on for some kind of responsibility he will see it through. He does not like unwarranted killing of animals unless it serves some purpose or in self defense.

His personality, background, etc are on his page linked.

D.) I personnally like combat oriented dungeons with some puzzles, good rp, and a great story line.
    Last edited by firstclassmail; 2013-08-12 at 07:21 PM. Reason: answering questions.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Orion Three

Speaks in Navy

Desired Implement +1 impeding ki focus
    Desired Armor +1 breaching leather armor
    Desired Item 1 Sibley's dragonshard of radiance
    Desired Item 2 +1 Badge of the Berserker

As for token, I am fine with anything.

What drives Orion is a will to survive. He wants to know who he is any why he was made. To do that he needs to live and will do just about anything to stay alive.
    SHUT UP CRIME!

6. - Top - End - #6

@CrimsonBolt - Thank you for responding to the questions. Your business is important to us.

PCs

DMings

7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I am glad to be of service good sir.
    SHUT UP CRIME!

8. - Top - End - #8

MonkGuy

And posted all of Wafflelord's wants.
    I wish I could say something classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn't be our style. Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever. It's been an honor sharing the field of battle with you.

9. - Top - End - #9

Edited my first post here, I will put later the itens and the tokens. Btw, wich size are going to be the tonkens? I was thinking in something really simple, like: a SeaGreen token with a black sword in the middle for Azktor and for Zau'nix a DarkRed token with fang(s) in the middle.
    Last edited by Azktor; 2013-08-11 at 11:57 AM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

I've updated my original post. I will fill in the blanks later ( probably tonight after I finish dming my in person 4e game. ). I really look forward to playing with you guys.I apologize in advance for any posting errors in the edit or this post. I'm on my cell.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

I finally decided to go with a Bard, I'm just not sure if I'm gonna make a "normal" Bard or multi-multi-multi-multiclass him to get as many skills I can. If I go for multiclass option I would have to have all stats at 13, and that will not make him effective. Alternatively, I can skip Divine and Primal classes, so I can at least neglect Wisdom. I will probably skip Intelligence, since I already have Arcana as trained skill. I need to think some more.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhosant View Post
    This is evil, evil GMing. Brilliant, good sir!

LGBTAitP
    Philemon avatar by the awesome Morbis Meh.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Four magical items? Hmm...

Chieftain's Spear +1 [Lv3] (found in Dragon Magazine #391)
    Screaming Hide Armour +1 [Lv2] (found in Adventurer's Vault 1)
    Badge of the Berserker +1 [Lv2] (found in Adventurer's Vault 2)
    Boots of Adept Charging [Lv2] (found in Adventurer's Vault 1)
    "Don't think of it as dying," said Death,
    "Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush."

13. - Top - End - #13

Tokens:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Azktor:

Bloodied:

Zau'nix:

Bloodied:

If anyone else wants, I can make the same style.
    Editing the main post with itens and tokens links, also.
    Last edited by Azktor; 2013-08-12 at 03:58 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14

Sorry for double post, but does tactical presence and others warlords buffs stack? That will make really high bonuses if they do stack.
    Last edited by Azktor; 2013-08-12 at 07:03 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

I've uploaded my items. I've also uploaded feats to ensure I hit more.
    Last edited by firstclassmail; 2013-08-12 at 07:16 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16

Quote Originally Posted by Azktor View Post
    Sorry for double post, but does tactical presence and others warlords buffs stack? That will make really high bonuses if they do stack.
    "If multiple warlord allies who have this class feature can see the ally, he or she gains the bonus from only one of them (the ally’s choice)."(from the rules regarding Tactical Presence)

That same ruling will apply to Combat Leader benefits.You can only follow the beat of one drum (at a time).

PCs

DMings

17. - Top - End - #17

MonkGuy

That means me and Clay will take turns. Wait, since we're together, I figure I can change Combat Leader to Canny Leader. A bit more Perception never helps.

18. - Top - End - #18

Quote Originally Posted by WaffleLord View Post
    "If multiple warlord allies who have this class feature can see the ally, he or she gains the bonus from only one of them (the ally’s choice)."(from the rules regarding Tactical Presence)

That same ruling will apply to Combat Leader benefits.You can only follow the beat of one drum (at a time).
    All right, good to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by 18th Avenger View Post
    That means me and Clay will take turns. Wait, since we're together, I figure I can change Combat Leader to Canny Leader. A bit more Perception never helps.
    Yeah, that would be really good , also Battlefront Leader seens pretty cool as well.

19. - Top - End - #19

True, the "no stack" ruling will apply to any two Command Presences or same Combat Leader aspects, but different Combat Leader aspects will "stack".

PCs

DMings

20. - Top - End - #20

MonkGuy

Thanks for the heads-up, Lord and Azktor. Switched for Insightful Presence and Canny Leader.

Hey, this also means me and Clay could share backgrounds. Like given how Sarvin's older, he could technically be Ash's upperclassman. Both are still learning, but both are learning to take cues from each other.
    Last edited by 18th Avenger; 2013-08-12 at 11:58 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21

Thanks for the heads-up, Clay and Azktor. Switched for Insightful Presence and Canny Leader.

Hey, this also means me and Clay could share backgrounds. Like given how Sarvin's older, he could technically be Ash's upperclassman. Both are still learning, bout both are learning to take cues from each other.
    Sorry if I'm over the line, but may i suggest Bravura Presence instead? Extra Attack or move after AP spend seen a bit better then defenses.

22. - Top - End - #22

Quote Originally Posted by firstclassmail View Post
    Just give me a default druid looking one. I can't find any I like.
    I usually default to the movies.
    Spoiler
    Show

PCs

DMings

23. - Top - End - #23
    Orc in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

I usually default to the movies.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Third one please. :)

Where do you get those?

24. - Top - End - #24

Googled "mountain man" and "d&d druid" then used RPTools-Token Tool.

PCs

DMings

25. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Googled "mountain man" and "d&d druid" then used RPTools-Token Tool.
    Heck, I might make my own then. I'll keep you updated.

EDIT: I take it back, couldn't find a better one, and I'm too lazy to draw one atm.
    Last edited by firstclassmail; 2013-08-12 at 10:39 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26

MonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Azktor View Post
    Sorry if I'm over the line, but may i suggest Bravura Presence instead? Extra Attack or move after AP spend seen a bit better then defenses.
    Edited my last post. I meant 'WaffleLord' when I said 'Clay'.

And that's a good suggestion, Azktor. Sarvin is the type to try and finish things fast.

But it is sorta risky if you miss...
    Last edited by 18th Avenger; 2013-08-13 at 12:02 AM.

27. - Top - End - #27

Thanks for the heads-up, Lord ...
    Please, we're familiar. Call me Waffle.

PCs

DMings

28. - Top - End - #28

And that's a good suggestion, Azktor. Sarvin is the type to try and finish things fast.

But it is sorta risky if you miss...
    Yes, it is risky, but since Tactical presence (from Ash) will give bonus to attack rolls, the miss chance will be lower. To me, sounds like a good combo.
    Last edited by Azktor; 2013-08-13 at 11:16 AM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

{TABLE=head]Character|Player|Race/Class|Role
    Astaroth Seldari|Asteron Questar |Dragonborn Bard |Kitchen Sink |
    Azktor |Azktor |HalfOrc Paladin |Defender |
    Orion Three |CrimsonBolt |Elan Soulknife |Striker |
    Sarvin Damakos |18th Avenger |Tiefling Warlord |Leader |
    Ash |Infernally Clay |Genasi Warlord |Leader |
    Harken |firstclassmail |Human Druid |Controller |
    [/TABLE]

I still need to pick rituals and equipment and fluff him up, but that's my bard.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhosant View Post
    This is evil, evil GMing. Brilliant, good sir!

LGBTAitP
    Philemon avatar by the awesome Morbis Meh.

30. - Top - End - #30

It's Wednesday somewhere!

IC is up and running.

Respond to the letter and tell me how you got to Scornubel.

PCs

DMings