New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 54

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Streets

Jace will feel power moving from the dagger into himself. The power is very calming in its nature. He may find any small, recent wounds healing, as well as small scars caused by normal, non-magical means. Larger or magical scars will need him to actually focus and use this power to heal.
    Streets

Having been long friends with a cleric, Jace doesn't have many marks on him. Still, it's a very nice feeling and some of the power should spread to Zebes unless the power is structured somehow that it can't be passed through the Bond. Jace tries to focus his senses to see if he can feel other powers the way the being had described sensing her peers.

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Super market

"So when you said airships, you meant just actual flying ships? Not planes that have to keep moving to stay airborne. See planes can't actually stop or they'd fall," Lola explains. "But if your sailing open-air ships in the sky, how do they deal with altitude?"
    Supermarket

"Not quite sure what you mean by that. They don't look like sailing ships. Airships have all sorts of propellers and wings and things. I don't really know if they can stop. I've never heard of one hovering. They don't usually go high enough that it becomes an issue."
    Ivalice's atmosphere probably doesn't start to thin in its oxygen concentration at the same rate as Earth's.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Goblin Market]

Arel would comment that she has no idea what Exbourne is, but oh well. Some place in Riverside presumably. "Well I hope you find something. As for us, it's really more of a cat shelter more than anything. Rein is still busy running it." She replies, with a pang of guilt about being unable to help him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Goblin Market]

"It's a temple to Bast." Reinholdt corrects. He takes his work quite seriously, thank you!

Granted that ends up doubling as a cat shelter, but still.
    [Goblin Market]

"I hope that works out, must be hard now that only one of you can work." Astrana says. "If you need any help I'm currently looking for work."

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

[Goblin Market]

Arel winces a bit. That was the wrong thing to say. She hopes Rein won't be upset at her about it. She really should have just let him cover that question. Oh well.

"We'll figure it out, won't we, Reinholt." She doesn't doubt that they can figure out any money troubles. Of course, they're definitely rolling in money, so she dismisses the idea that Astrana could work at the shelter/temple. How could they ever pay her?

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

[The Swordfish]

"That is acceptable." The carp looks Wenomir over, as if assessing if his customer knows what he's actually asking for when he says greatsword. Apparently satisfied, he says. "Come back in [insert appropriate sword crafting time here] with your payment and it'll be ready for you."
    "I'll be back in that time, then," Wenomir says simply and leaves.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Goblin Market]

"I hope that works out, must be hard now that only one of you can work." Astrana says. "If you need any help I'm currently looking for work."
    [Goblin Market]

Arel winces a bit. That was the wrong thing to say. She hopes Rein won't be upset at her about it. She really should have just let him cover that question. Oh well.

"We'll figure it out, won't we, Reinholt." She doesn't doubt that they can figure out any money troubles. Of course, they're definitely rolling in money, so she dismisses the idea that Astrana could work at the shelter/temple. How could they ever pay her?
    [Goblin Market]

"Well I think Astrana's offering an opportunity right here." Reinholdt admits.

"We could certainly use the help taking care of the cats while I perform the more religious parts and checking the streets and such. We wouldn't be able to pay you much, I'll admit, but it'll be steady work at least."

I'm not sure he's terribly savvy at money problems. His response before coming to this world was to go have an episodic caper and take the money he needed from the fat cats who deserved to be knocked down a peg or two. Handling money day to day is not his strong suit.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2013-08-15 at 02:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Barbarian in the Playground

NO Office

A redheaded young woman walks in and looks around to see who she has to talk to in order to get a license.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

7. - Top - End - #37

NO Office

She apparently have to talk to the drow woman sitting behind the desk filing her nails with a knife. "How can I help you?" She asks as she looks up at the red haired woman.

Why didn't any hot guys ever want to hire NO or join it? At least then she'd had some eye candy.

[Goblin Market]

Taking care of cats? Not exactly what she had spent her education for but a job was a job right? "I would be able to help with that. I could use some extra money. Why don't you show me the ropes?"

8. - Top - End - #38

NO Office

She walks over to the desk and puts on a polite, business smile. I'd like a mercenary license.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

[Below the TV Tower]

Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    Hikari nods, smiling. "Then let's go!" She begins her descent, careful to aim for a not-too-crowded area of the city behind their target.
    Mikani follows, grinning broadly as, coming in for a landing, she does a barrel roll and jumps off the Windblade, landing on her feet and snatching the brooch out of the air as the Windblade collapses into it. "That way!"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

10. - Top - End - #40

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Supermarket

"Not quite sure what you mean by that. They don't look like sailing ships. Airships have all sorts of propellers and wings and things. I don't really know if they can stop. I've never heard of one hovering. They don't usually go high enough that it becomes an issue."
    Ivalice's atmosphere probably doesn't start to thin in its oxygen concentration at the same rate as Earth's.
    Supermarket

"Forget about it, we can compare notes tonight." Better to explain when she has an example of an airplane. "What is the actual plan, what do you know how to cook?"

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

11. - Top - End - #41
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Below the TV Tower]

Mikani follows, grinning broadly as, coming in for a landing, she does a barrel roll and jumps off the Windblade, landing on her feet and snatching the brooch out of the air as the Windblade collapses into it. "That way!"
    [Below the TV Tower]

Hikari's landing is much less flashy, and she rolls her eyes at the antics of her friend. "Alright!"

As they approach the old woman, she turn around and smiles kindly. "Oh, hello there you two girls? Isn't it a lovely day today?"
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

12. - Top - End - #42

Streets

The power can be shared through Jace and Zebes' bond easily enough, though in Zebes it will be a little less powerful. Sort of a trickle effect.

After a moment of concentration, Jace should be able to detect ten unique energies, including the dagger in his hand.

These are the life forces of the other spirits. That is what I can actually trace. Having been with them for so long, I have completely memorized what their life energies feel like, so I can find them anywhere.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

[Goblin Market]

Arel gives Rein an uncertain look. Does he have more money than she thought? Arel doesn't really claim to really be one for managing money either, but she was pretty sure they didn't have enough to basically be supporting another person. She should talk to him about this, but maybe after Astrana isn't here...

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Streets

The power can be shared through Jace and Zebes' bond easily enough, though in Zebes it will be a little less powerful. Sort of a trickle effect.

After a moment of concentration, Jace should be able to detect ten unique energies, including the dagger in his hand.

These are the life forces of the other spirits. That is what I can actually trace. Having been with them for so long, I have completely memorized what their life energies feel like, so I can find them anywhere.
    Streets

Alright, can you possibly help me figure out which of the other three are the ones imprisoned? I can't tell by myself.

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Supermarket

"Forget about it, we can compare notes tonight." Better to explain when she has an example of an airplane. "What is the actual plan, what do you know how to cook?"
    Supermarket

"Well- Kayden rattles off a few things, most of which are pretty simple, like various kinds of eggs, but sound decent. -and I've always been told my curry is pretty good. Could probably use a few more recipes though if I have to do this regularly, though."

15. - Top - End - #45

[Atriol]

Akira looks down at the newly built church, nodding. "Nicely done... nicely done indeed." And for now, the scene in Atriol has come to an end...

[DMC 2.0, presumably]

With a smile, Yuki approaches Mia. "That was an amazing job you did with that church. I take it that's the sort of thing Deus Mechanicus is capable of?"

((It's alright. Just do a longer post later. ))
    [Atriol]

The building will indeed be special. Not only was it build in less then a week, it's construktion is close to impossible. The mina ship of the building is a great hall. The roof nearly out of sight for a human. (Just an effect). The building is mostly made of steel, gold, silver or other metals(depends on the materials they got.

The worker for the building are all robot so they work day and nightonly stoping for charging the battery. From outside the building fit's the whole city but due to it's size it may draw the attention of the people.

[DMC 2.0, presumably]

"He only allows us as much as we deserve."
    in her case a lot since making his deity commen in another world is really a great dal.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

16. - Top - End - #46

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    NO Office

She walks over to the desk and puts on a polite, business smile. I'd like a mercenary license.
    NO Office

"Of course. Just fill out this form." The drow hands over said paper. "Just write your name and contact information there and you're ready to go. Just need your signature there at the end..."

17. - Top - End - #47

[Giant Robot Attack!]

Stomping its way through a predominantly gnomish part of town is a giant robot! Of course it looks about twice as giant as it actually is since all the people fleeing for their lives are half the size of normal folks, but there's no real reason to dwell on that.

The menacing machine is painted in a striking red and white striped design and is outfitted with... waffle irons? One on each shoulder, two across its chest, and another two on its legs. Waffle irons that pop open and fire rocket-powered explosive waffle squares in a spiraling hurricane of conflagration death!

A massive turret on its back occasionally lobs a maple syrup mortar off into the crowds of fleeing gnomes! One particularly brave gnome tosses a fireball at the robot, but it snags the projectile in its hockey catcher's glove and throws it back! The poor little guy gets blown to bits.

Who will stop this deadly engine of destruction?
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2013-08-16 at 11:44 PM.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmćre Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Giant Robot Attack!]

Stomping its way through a predominantly gnomish part of town is a giant robot! Of course it looks about twice as giant as it actually is since all the people fleeing for their lives are half the size of normal folks, but there's no real reason to dwell on that.

The menacing machine is painted in a striking red and white striped design and is outfitted with... waffle irons? One on each shoulder, two across its chest, and another two on its legs. Waffle irons that pop open and fire rocket-powered explosive waffle squares in a spiraling hurricane of conflagration death!

A massive turret on its back occasionally lobs a maple syrup mortar off into the crowds of fleeing gnomes! One particularly brave gnome tosses a fireball at the robot, but it snags the projectile in its hokey catcher's glove and throws it back! The poor little guy gets blown to bits.

(Psst, is that robot for me or is this just an incredible coincidence?))

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

19. - Top - End - #49

NO Office

The woman writes down her name, Ally Sherwood, and then, after a slight hesitation, the address of a building in Inside. She carefully signs it, then looks up at Dena. Is that all?

20. - Top - End - #50
    Troll in the Playground

[Giant Robot Attacks Dig Giant Robots]

It's a Rebo-Plot!
    Which means it's for anyone!
    And it's also Very Silly!

Which explains why Red with his Very Serious Giant Robot is probably stomping out of the Irregulars' base to counter this threat to all that is breakfast!
    No doubt they're covering for butter smugglers.

[Below the TV Tower]

Hikari's landing is much less flashy, and she rolls her eyes at the antics of her friend. "Alright!"

As they approach the old woman, she turn around and smiles kindly. "Oh, hello there you two girls? Isn't it a lovely day today?"
    "Hi, ma'am," Mikani says politely as she returns the smile. "It is, isn't it? We were looking for somebody, though..."
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2013-08-16 at 05:26 PM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

21. - Top - End - #51

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    (Psst, is that robot for me or is this just an incredible coincidence?))
    ((I kinda sorta sold my soul in exchange for this giant robot attack. I should hope it's not a coincidence. >_>))

Magtok leads the way into Inside, cheerfully marching right in like he owns the whole city.

"Yep, all I have to do is say it, and a monster will appear! Just one quick, 'gee, it'd suck if a giant monster was here', and-

...holy fudge it worked"

Actually, this one was rampaging before you got here, Magtok. Feel free to believe whatever you want, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

22. - Top - End - #52

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    NO Office

The woman writes down her name, Ally Sherwood, and then, after a slight hesitation, the address of a building in Inside. She carefully signs it, then looks up at Dena. Is that all?
    NO Office

The drow shrugs. "Pretty much, now all you need to do is do the work. The contact information will make us able to contact you with offers and etcetera. It's a pretty sweet deal if you're in the business. Hard to make yourself known in these parts with all the buzz."

23. - Top - End - #53
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    ((I kinda sorta sold my soul in exchange for this giant robot attack. I should hope it's not a coincidence. >_>))

Magtok leads the way into Inside, cheerfully marching right in like he owns the whole city.

"Yep, all I have to do is say it, and a monster will appear! Just one quick, 'gee, it'd suck if a giant monster was here', and-

...holy fudge it worked"

Actually, this one was rampaging before you got here, Magtok. Feel free to believe whatever you want, though.
    Felandria looks up at the robot and smiles.

Well, then.

I guess I better make an entrance.

Felandria runs around a corner, after a couple moments, she reemerges, but now she stands about twelve stories tall, she walks slowly towards the robot.

Don't be afraid, everyone.

I'll take care of this.
    Last edited by Felandria; 2013-08-16 at 07:59 PM.

24. - Top - End - #54

[Giant Robots!]

What's this?

Other hulking beings are moving in to put a crimp on this robot's rampage? This robot that most certainly isn't a hodge-podge of national stereotypes in any way?

That simply won't do!

The waffle-bot fires a salvo of waffle square missiles at both of its foes and begins backing up to put some distance between them! Should the waffle missiles detonate on them they'll discover that the warheads are filled with maniacal mechanical beavers! The robot rodents will begin gnawing on them with untold fury!

[Carousel Court - Bath House]

Oh boy!

Waiting time!

There's certainly lots of that. Though the fish tank right across from the counter might serve as an amusing distraction. It's full of all sorts of colorful tropical salt water fish! One of those fancy coral reef set ups.

Geneva is busy fiddling with her mane and trying not to think about what's in the mysterious box they were told to deliver.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2013-08-16 at 11:33 PM.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmćre Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

25. - Top - End - #55

Supermarket

"Well- Kayden rattles off a few things, most of which are pretty simple, like various kinds of eggs, but sound decent. -and I've always been told my curry is pretty good. Could probably use a few more recipes though if I have to do this regularly, though."
    Supermarket

"I never was very good at cooking," Lola admits, "but I'll learn if it it makes it easier on you. Can't keep wracking up I.O.U.s."

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[Carousel Court - Bath House]

Oh boy!

Waiting time!

There's certainly lots of that. Though the fish tank right across from the counter might serve as an amusing distraction. It's full of all sorts of colorful tropical salt water fish! One of those fancy coral reef set ups.

Geneva is busy fiddling with her mane and trying not to think about what's in the mysterious box they were told to deliver.
    Dawn creeps over to the aquarium!

The ruby-eyed pegasus stares at the strange glass box, watching the fish slowly swim around. "What the hell are these things?" she absentmindedly mutters, mostly to herself.

Poor pony doesn't know what a fish is. Oh the woes of being raised in the sky after a nuclear apocalypse...
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Orc in the Playground

[Giant Robots!]

What's this?

Other hulking beings are moving in to put a crimp on this robot's rampage? This robot that most certainly isn't a hodge-podge of national stereotypes in any way?

That simply won't do!

The waffle-bot fires a salvo of waffle square missiles at both of its foes and begins backing up to put some distance between them! Should the waffle missiles detonate on them they'll discover that the warheads are filled with maniacal mechanical beavers! The robot rodents will begin gnawing on them with untold fury!
    Felandria quickly grows a pair of wings and flies into the air to avoid the missiles.

She then flies towards the wafflebot, fist out, Superman style, planning to deliver a devastating blow.

28. - Top - End - #58

Streets

Alright, can you possibly help me figure out which of the other three are the ones imprisoned? I can't tell by myself.

Streets

One of the energy signatures seems to burn brighter than the others.

This one is the fire spirit, Medric. He is bound to a small golden ring.

That signature dims, and another one flares up.

This one is Ysta, the lightning spirit, who is bound to a sword.

That signature dies down again, with a third one flaring up.

And this one is Rasslin, the shadow spirit. I do not know what she is bound to, as her capture happened sometime after my own.

Supermarket

[Giant Robot Attack!]

A massive turret on its back occasionally lobs a maple syrup mortar off into the crowds of fleeing gnomes! One particularly brave gnome tosses a fireball at the robot, but it snags the projectile in its hockey catcher's glove and throws it back! The poor little guy gets blown to bits.

[Giant Robot Attacks Dig Giant Robots]

It's a Rebo-Plot!
    Which means it's for anyone!
    And it's also Very Silly!

Which explains why Red with his Very Serious Giant Robot is probably stomping out of the Irregulars' base to counter this threat to all that is breakfast!
    No doubt they're covering for butter smugglers.
    Robot Attack, eh?

Alysha is in the robot with Red. Probably manning the weapons.

She is giggling a little.

I know I shouldn't be, but...it shoots waffles and beavers! That's so silly!

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

Supermarket

"Sure, says Kayden I can teach you the basics. Those aren't hard to learn at all. You'll do fine, I'm sure. "

Streets

Alright, sounds good.

"I found our next stops. The closest one is that way." he says pointing, and will be heading in that direction.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Atriol]

The building will indeed be special. Not only was it build in less then a week, it's construktion is close to impossible. The mina ship of the building is a great hall. The roof nearly out of sight for a human. (Just an effect). The building is mostly made of steel, gold, silver or other metals(depends on the materials they got.

The worker for the building are all robot so they work day and nightonly stoping for charging the battery. From outside the building fit's the whole city but due to it's size it may draw the attention of the people.

[DMC 2.0, presumably]

"He only allows us as much as we deserve."
    in her case a lot since making his deity commen in another world is really a great dal.
    [Atriol]

There are in fact a number of people gathered around the structure, and most seem quite intrigued by the new building.

[DMC 2.0]

"Well, that's good, yes?" Yuki smiles. "I've heard far too many stories of foolish deities granting too much power. It's good to find one who can properly manage it."

[Below the TV Tower]

"Hi, ma'am," Mikani says politely as she returns the smile. "It is, isn't it? We were looking for somebody, though..."
    [Below the TV Tower]

"Oh?" She smiles kindly. "And who would that be?"
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.