New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [NEXUS] WATCHTOWER 17: Through Cloud, Shadow, Earth, and Flesh.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    ((Well, I assumed they'd already done their shopping offscreen, if that's alright))

[Training Grounds]

Shawna doesn't flinch as the blade whistles close to her nose, allowing Wenomir to step back as she spins the double-ended blade in her hands and then steps back into closer range, seeking to get inside his reach as her hands flash out rapidly, right then left, blades almost singing in the air.
    ((I know, I just forgot why they want to shop. I mean where did they want to go after the shopping))

[Main Gate]

"So what now." Mia ask a bit confused like she forgot where they wanted to go.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

[Entering Watch]

"Oh, well if you're sure." Sakura doesn't quite understand that, but she knows well enough not to pry. The dryad glances at him gun and guesses where he was going. "I'm not holding you up right now, am I?"

3. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground

Entering Watch

"Not terribly, I suppose," Boris says. "Just going to keep my aim sharp at the range."

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

[Entering Watch]

"Ah. I'd come along with you, but I know for a fact that shooting that would be way too loud for the kids." Sakura nods toward the gun. She's had her fair share of experience with firearms.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Barbarian in the Playground

Entering Watch

"Then I suppose I will not keep you," Boris says. Even if he put a suppressor on his rifles it would still probably be too loud. "You probably want to see the rest of the tower."

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

[Entering Watch]

"Yeah, and hopefully I'll get to see some other people too. It was nice seeing you, Boris. Have a good time practicing." The dryad gives him a parting smile before heading off toward the keep again. Who else might she see.

More

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

Next Day

Ronai smiles a bit and gives a small bow. "Yes, that would be perfectly acceptable. As I have said though, I have been sent to serve as liaison. As such, it would be more prudent for me to live here if at all possible. A lack of trust is to be expected, so I have no problems with a security check as long as my mind is not touched. It has been safeguarded heavily and I'd rather not suffer from unwanted intrusion. It'd be most unpleasant." He admits.

Training Grounds- Cutter

Cutter nods and gives a small smile before backing a dozen feet away from Wenomir. He closes his eyes for a moment, but within that time, his skin seems to bubble at first, turning into a rapid boiling as it steams off. When it's finished, the doctor is drastically changed. His body looks like glistening muscle without any skin and covered in thick bony plates. He seems to have grown a second pair of arms, and all four hands end in thick razor sharp talons. The strangest change though, is his lack of eyes. Most of his face has been replaced by smooth bone except for a too-wide mouth full of hundreds of needle-teeth.

When he's done, he gives a nod to Wenomir, falling into a defensive stance with all four of his arms up in a boxing defense and his toes dug into the floor to give him better stability.

Entering Watch

Sakura might see someone who's been deadtimed for quite a long time trying to start a small garden of herbs. Jeremy is too focused to notice her approach, but appears to be grumbling in distaste at one of the seeds, mumbling something about dill and a distinct hate of the taste.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

[Entering Watch]

"Glad to see someone's doing some gardening after I left. I felt bad leaving it all." Sakura comments as she approaches Jeremy. She's never going to get to see the inside of the place now is she.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

Gardening

Jeremy looks up and smiles a little. "My family's always had a knack for it." He admits with a wistful sigh as he stands up. "Glad to see you're back though, despite my attentions it probably suffered somewhat. I've mostly been keeping to myself lately, so I can't exactly bring you up to speed." He adds with a shrug.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    ((I know, I just forgot why they want to shop. I mean where did they want to go after the shopping))

[Main Gate]

"So what now." Mia ask a bit confused like she forgot where they wanted to go.
    "After we acquire fresh clothing, we then perhaps head to a tavern," Shawna suggests.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

[Gardening]

"Oh don't worry too much about that. I'm just visiting to take a look around and see who I can talk to while I'm here. I don't come around here nearly often enough, but well, you know." She looks down at the twins in the stroller. And then of course there's Laela at her hip.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

Garden

Jeremy smiles down at the children and reaches into his pockets for a strawberry sucker, offering it to Laela. "They're beautiful." He tells Sakura with genuine cheer to his voice.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

[Garden]

Sakura lets the grabby little baby grab the sucker. Laela looks at it, not having any idea what to do with such a thing. But like with almost everything she gets her hands on, she puts it immediately in her mouth. Yum!

Sakura grins at the sight of that and turns her smile on Jeremy. "Thanks. They really are. They do keep my occupied day in and day out, though. Not that I ever mind. They're my little bundles of joy."

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

Gardens

Jeremy watches the girl enjoy the sucker for a few moments before giving another small sigh, lost in thought for a couple seconds. "I've been thinking of bringing up the possibility with Shawna. Not sure how to approach it." He whispers to Sakura.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

[Garden]

Sakura giggles. "Oh really? I never knew you two were so serious. I might not be the best person to ask how to approach it, though." After all, it's not like Laela had been planned. "But I would just be direct about it. Don't pressure her, though."

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Gardens

"You wouldn't think looking at us, would you?" He asks with a small smile and shaking his head. "I suppose that'd be best. Thanks for the advice. Just have to work up the courage now I guess."

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

[Gardens]

"Good luck with that then. I'm sure she'll be understanding at the very least." Sakura says encouragingly.

And then Cern chooses now to get fussy. He makes some small sounds of discontent at first, but then he starts actually crying. "Oh dear. Could you hold Laela for a minute while I see what's wrong?"

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terumitsu View Post
    ((Pardon yet another delay))

"If I knew I'd tell you." she said. It wasn't an urgent, splitting pain but it certainly was an annoyance. "Feels the same from before but not strong. Probably nothing some painkillers wouldn't do away with but it feels similar to pulling a muscle. Maybe that thing you did earlier wore off?" Ghoul asked, taking her hand away from the side of her head. It was currently ebbing now at least so it wasn't going to inconvenience her as much for a short while.
    Front Gate, Later

"Well, it really isn't good to do that sort of thing in a row. I'd suggest you go get some sleep. Soon, if not now." says Klitcht.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Courtyard

"Well... all right, I suppose. I doubt we'll only be talking to DC anyways." Most likely there'll be an entire meeting. "But that's not til tomorrow right?" Ilphy asks, hugging Darcy in close. Until then, she has all day with Darcy now.

"Not till tomorrow,"
    Darcy agrees, and holds Ilphy close.

End scene?
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

"It does require additional care, and is perhaps best in Flynning," Shawna allows. "However there are circumstances in which I might find myself best advantaged by utilising such a device, or with my plasma swords joined into a double blade, and thus it is best not to allow myself to become too out of practice."
    "Is there anything about plasma swords that makes using them this way less..." Wenomir's word of choice would be 'suicidal', but he decides to be a little more tactful. "...impractical?"

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Training Grounds- Cutter

Cutter nods and gives a small smile before backing a dozen feet away from Wenomir. He closes his eyes for a moment, but within that time, his skin seems to bubble at first, turning into a rapid boiling as it steams off. When it's finished, the doctor is drastically changed. His body looks like glistening muscle without any skin and covered in thick bony plates. He seems to have grown a second pair of arms, and all four hands end in thick razor sharp talons. The strangest change though, is his lack of eyes. Most of his face has been replaced by smooth bone except for a too-wide mouth full of hundreds of needle-teeth.

When he's done, he gives a nod to Wenomir, falling into a defensive stance with all four of his arms up in a boxing defense and his toes dug into the floor to give him better stability.
    Well, that's... not really disturbing as far as Wenomir is concerned. He's seen far worse. He raises his sword above his head and begins circling Cutter slowly.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

21. - Top - End - #51

"After we acquire fresh clothing, we then perhaps head to a tavern," Shawna suggests.
    [Somewhere]

"Ok." So mia will head for her room to take on the new clothes. They will meet later at the entrance.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

22. - Top - End - #52

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Next Day

Ronai smiles a bit and gives a small bow. "Yes, that would be perfectly acceptable. As I have said though, I have been sent to serve as liaison. As such, it would be more prudent for me to live here if at all possible. A lack of trust is to be expected, so I have no problems with a security check as long as my mind is not touched. It has been safeguarded heavily and I'd rather not suffer from unwanted intrusion. It'd be most unpleasant." He admits.
    Next Day

"I see. I'll be sure to mention that to our psychic." Though she suspects DC already knows this. "In any case, I'm sure you understand I must search you before you enter. I'm going to let a elemental pad you down. Do you understand?" If he confirms she will summon a water elemental to do just that.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2013-08-14 at 06:21 PM.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

[Next Day]

A swirl of water appears in the middle of the air and quickly condenses down into a stable form. The elemental before them is feminine in shape, fairly detailed but not taking on every aspect of the human form. The most detailed part of her is her face. Between that and her overall shape, she resembles Cessie a fair bit. Of course, the only reason she's not see through is because the turmoil of the water within her. She looks to Cessie for instruction.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

Next Day

"I understand." Ronai says, dropping his small bag a few feet away and stepping aside to let them search that as well. "Are you the only one needed for my confirmation, or do others need to decide too?" He wonders.

Training Grounds - Cutter

Cutter slowly turns with Wenomir even as he lowers his lower-right hand closer to his hip and all four hands curl into fists. He still waits for Wenomir to make the starting move, but his guard does appear to be exposed somewhat now.

Garden

Jeremy smiles and tries to pick up the little girl. "How are you, little one?" He asks as he tries to set her on his shoulder.

25. - Top - End - #55

[Next Day]

"I will mention it to the others of course but I would lie if I said liked your presence here. The nature of this organization has made them rather paranoid you must understand. They must always be at alert for small things that could turn into nexus-wide catastrophes. None the less my confirmation should be enough for now." Cessie explains to Ronai before turning to her elemental and feels like she could face palm, how had she not noticed it was practically naked again?

The sorceress will once again summon a water robe to dress it in, hopefully Ronai wouldn't pay it much mind. "Could you search him please?" She asks it once it's less naked.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

[Next Day]

Naked without any of the details that clothing is meant to hide! (For the most part.) Silly Cessie.

As for the elemental, she looks reluctant. Feeling down anyone doesn't seem like a very desirable prospect. "Must I?" She says, looking to Cessie again. She looks rather uncomfortable with this instruction.

[Garden]

laela takes no issue to being picked up by the new person. She's not shy! In fact, she immediately tries to grab hold of his hair when it's in reach. "Ah gah!"

Sakura, meanwhile, picks up Cern and bobs him and checks to see if his diaper's full. No, not that. And he just ate before they came here... She stands again and bobs him up and down. maybe he just needs some attention.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

Next Day

"If you'd rather, I can empty all my pockets and strip down."
    Ronai offers, completely unashamed. "I've had clients ask for such before and it doesn't bother me." He adds with a shrug. "I can also list everything in my bag if required. This way you feel safe and don't have to touch someone you don't desire to. There are things a pat-down would miss anyway" He suggests, already starting to unbutton his shirt.

Gardens

Jeremy chuckles and doesn't mind when his hair is pulled. Sensing her excitement and noticing Cern's needy nature, he holds the palm of his hand up into the air, calling together a small wisp of nanites that surrounds him to form a sparkling orb that seems to spin in air.

28. - Top - End - #58

Next Day

The sorceress fakes a cough, realizing it probably had been a bad idea giving the elemental her own personality. Now who was going to do her dirty work?

"Eh... perhaps I should just summon another elemental to make the security check?" She suggests, her gaze starting to drift away from Ronai once he starts to unbutton his shirt. "There is really no need for that."

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

[Next Day]

Well that's a relief to hear. Though the elemental is more put off by Ronai taking off his clothes. Does he not know the meaning of modesty!

[Garden]

Laela abandons Jeremy's hair and leans out of his grasp to try and grab at the lights. Ooh, pretty! So distracted is she, she doesn't even notice when the sucker falls right out of her mouth. Oops.

Cern, however, doesn't pay the lights any mind. He's apparently determined to be fussy. It's s mystery why... Right up until when he spits up over his mom's shoulder. "Oh, ew. That's what I get for forgetting the cloth." She bends over and retrieves a cloth from her baby bag in the stroller, which she uses to wipe his mouth and then her shoulder.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

Next Day

Ronai pauses after the second button, revealing scattered blue scales beneath the shirt and raises an eyebrow. "An earth one would be heavy handed, a fire one too destructive, and an air would would feel things rather more personally I think. Unless I'm getting it wrong somehow."

Gardens

Jeremy lets the orb be grabbed, but she'll find it's really really light and easily played with and squishable. As the orb is moved, he snaps the sucker out of the air. "Anything I can do?" he asks, holding the treat for later for the little girl.