New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [NEXUS] WATCHTOWER 17: Through Cloud, Shadow, Earth, and Flesh.

[Training Grounds]

"It is something that requires much practice in order to assure the safe and proficient useage of," Shawna agrees with a nod. "By the same token, though, you are much superior in using conventionally bladed weapons, than I am."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

Next Day

"I'll set my things out. Is there anything else you need of me? And I suppose you'll be locking the door behind you, but I could use some time to myself anyway." Ronai says, setting his bag on the bed.

Gardens

"If you ever need anything, just ask." He says, letting go and stepping back. "I'll even babysit." He admits.

Training Grounds - Cutter

Cutter pulls his hand back quickly, but continues to step forward, spinning deftly clockwise as he grasps a pair of his hands together so he can attempt to slam them hard into the swordsman's left shoulder.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

[Training Grounds]

"I could learn how to use energy blades, but I won't," Wenomir says. "I prefer honest, solid steel."

[Training Grounds]

Wenomir twists his body, causing the hands to miss him by a hair's breadth, then thrusts the training sword up at them just as they pass by. One movement follows the other so quickly they almost appear to happen simultaneously.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

[Gardens]

Sakura chuckles a little, with just a bit more enthusiasm now. "I'll have to keep that in mind. With these three I think I'll need some good babysitters once in a while."

5. - Top - End - #95
    Bugbear in the Playground

Next Day

"Very well, just tell me if you need anything. I'm here to make you feel more welcome." She says with a faint smile.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

Next Day

Ronai gives a small smile in reply, but shakes his head. "You're here because you think it's necessary and probably don't care for my presence. If it were for another group or another reason, then maybe it'd be fine. But thanks for the effort, that's all that really matters."

Gardens

"If nothing else, I can at least keep them fascinated by sparkling objects." He says with a grin before letting out a deep breath. "If you don't mind, I'd like to go see if I can drag Shawna off somewhere so I can bring up the kids thing. I...I just don't want to do it in Watch I guess. Doesn't feel like the right place. If it is decided we'll have one, would you mind being something like a Godmother to him or her? I mean, I don't exactly have a lot of friends here..."

The sword rises up between Cutter's clasped hands, near his chin, so the Half-Horror freezes before holding up his other two hands in a symbol of mercy. "Hiiii think hyu've got thissss won." He says, hissing due to the horrendous number of teeth in his new mouth.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

[Gardens]

Sakura's eyebrows shoot up. Well that's surprising. Just because she doesn't really know Jeremy very well. "Sure, Jeremy. I'd really like that." She says with a warm smile. "Good luck talking to Shawna."

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

[Training Grounds - Cutter]

Wenomir retracts his sword and steps back.

"So it seems. Well fought, although you seem unused to opponents as fast as I am."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

9. - Top - End - #99

Next Day

"Ronai, that's not true. I have no feelings against you personally and I hardly think I'd be fit to judge the rest of your organization just yet. This talk about blood feuds makes me raise an eyebrow. But as I understand it, that's between your leader and Watch, not the entire organization of Masks and I'd prefer to keep it that way until we have found a way to settle our differences." Cessie explains.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

Next Day

"Sorry, but serving an organization that worships a literal being of sensation and sex tends to make one disbelieve that you aren't judged the moment you show up." Ronai says with a small smile, not quite outright saying he didn't believe her, but also not saying that he did.

Gardens => Jeremy and Shawna's Room

Jeremy smiles at the dryad, giving a small bow. "Thanks again, Sakura. Hope the rest of your day goes well." He says before pulling another sucker out of his pocket for the little girl and heading to his room to try and find Shawna.

Cutter doesn't respond for a while as his skin begins to boil and steam, turning back to normal. "No, I'm not. Mostly I fight gun-toting SWAT style people who try to incinerate me because of my nature." He admits with a shake of his head. "While the swordblow wouldn't have killed me (neither would bullets), it would have slowed me enough to allow someone else to. And I can't afford to make mistakes like that. I just have to adapt and get quicker."

Gardens

Cessie might hear a man cough behind her at some point in her day. "Excuse me, Ma'am?" Cutter asks, a doctor's bag in his left hand as he tries to look nice and polite.
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2013-08-17 at 06:50 PM.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Troll in the Playground

[Training Grounds > Jeremy and Shawna's quarters]

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    "I could learn how to use energy blades, but I won't," Wenomir says. "I prefer honest, solid steel."
    "Which is always an admirable quality. There is something comforting about a solid blade that tells stories," Shawna agrees with a nod.

She'll then, unless stopped, excuse herself politely, and head to her and Jeremy's quarters, the better to relax after her workout. Oddly, despite the strenuous activity, there isn't a drop of sweat on her.
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2013-08-17 at 10:11 PM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

12. - Top - End - #102

Gardens

Cessie looks up. "Ah, you must be Cutter, one of our new members. Can I help you with anything?"

Next Day

"And what makes you think I'd judge people that worship such things unfairly? Back in my world we have a goddess like that by the name of Nega and one of her worshippers were one of my best friends." Cessie counters.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

Jeremy and Shawna's Room

Shawna will come back to find Jeremy already waiting, organizing his books. He sets an advanced electronics book on their shelf and proceeds to put up scifi omnibus next to it. He gives her a warm smile when she enters and stops doing what he's doing to try and wrap his arms around her and gives her a long kiss as his way of saying hello.

Ronai's Room

Ronai shrugs. "Then perhaps I've misjudged you, Mrs. Mithar. Most people I've met would make such assumptions, for better or worse." He admits. "I apologize for my quick judgment. You could say that my previous job has jaded me."

Gardens - Cessie

"Yes, you can." Cutter says before standing straighter and clearing his throat. "I'm the new doctor and I'd like to at least take your vital signs so I can establish a baseline for you in case you come into bodily harm or start exhibiting signs of an affliction. In order to treat you better when it is necessary to do so, I need to at least know you."

14. - Top - End - #104
    Troll in the Playground

Jeremy and Shawna's Room

Shawna melts into Jeremy's arms, sighing happily as she returns the kiss, wrapping her own arms around him and holding him tightly.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

Meeting Room

When you live with someone like the Thing in the Walls, who made it clear it can apparently spy on you whenever and wherever you sleep, you become cautious about sharing, even with Darcy.

"Unfortunately yes. But it was a probable scenario I steered towards and I recognize not the only result. However, Riverside did reveal the corruption present in Northside and ex-Southside." With some questions as to Westside. Wenomir can always have the data chip checked if he wants proof. The program was created well before the attack and is hard stamped with date of creation and any checks will find no tampering to falsify information.

Ilpholin turns to DC. "I'd have expected stronger arguments from someone whose spent so much time invested in thinking on how you hate me. Watch being the ones to cause the leak does not change the fact that it was intended. In the unlikely event no one shared, I'd have had Squiggles do it. Either way, you cannot deny that if I wanted that information to not be revealed, I would have gone about organizing the whole thing quite secretly and not held a meeting where any Moff-look alike or listening bug could participate. But you keep judging my actions as a 'traitor' on the basis that I'm a complete moron. For instance, the idea that I could place a piece of technology here and not somehow know that two separate technological geniuses would check it on a side system linked to no networks whatsoever to ensure its safety." The arguments DC put forth here require Ilpholin's stupidity to stand.

"You claim I am so utterly afraid of reprisal, yet here I am literally turning myself in, when I could be at home scoffing at your rallying attempts behind your back. You're right about one thing though. I didn't know about Shayan's betrayal. That's why I called it timely. Taking advantage of the situation to accomplish what I intended all along."

Ilpholin folds her hands in front of her. "As for AMEN's true nature, its... reveling in raw destruction. Riverside wasn't ready, but AMEN... AMEN was willing to talk things out. Peacefully. They accepted a hunk of empty wasteland without a fight and called in their greatest success. They had eldritch viruses that could eat right through any enviro suit and ancient dragons from the spawn of the world and they chose not to use them. They chose to allow talks. And now? Now they're constructing, building homes and strip clubs and clothing stores and being productive as a whole. AMEN's changed and I undeniably guided it there, as per my mission." The moralizing on the wall should be proof enough of that, no matter how correct or incorrect the arguments there are.

"Above and beyond that, I've backed AMEN into a corner. It has two roads it can take now. It can fall back on its old ways, terrorizing and destruction as it were, losing any all respect as a legitimate organization that it has earned. In which case it has three separate military powers surrounding it and guaranteed watching it to knock it down, if the resulting gang wars don't cause it to tear apart from the inside." The population Ilpholin purposefully left can become as much a hindrance should AMEN revert as it would be a boon if it doesn't. "Or it can make concessions. Play by just enough of the big boy rules to stand on it's own and be recognized and keep their victory and their face. Either way is beneficial for us."

"AMEN is vulnerable now thanks to me. It will either evolve or run away and be destroyed."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

[DC's Lab]

"I'm not suggesting we 'play nice', DC! I'm suggesting we not waste resources by getting sucked into an aggressive campaign that doesn't have a chance in hell of getting anywhere meaningful."

[KR and Wenomir's Room]

KR emerges after a few minutes, hair less messy and more properly dressed, with her t-shirt on the right way and wearing her boots.
    "Right... um... let's go out into the courtyard. Outside. Yeah."

[Meeting Room]

"And in your opinion, which of these outcomes would be more favorable?" Says KR, patiently. She doesn't look entirely pleased, but at least she's held off on slinging accusations at Ilpholin so far. Traitor or not (and KR hasn't decided at the moment which one she truly is), Ilpholin has brought up some interesting opportunities which KR can't let drown under lesser questions of loyalty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

17. - Top - End - #107

Gardens - Cessie

"Oh? What sort of tests would that involve?" The sorceress asks. "I'm afraid my knowledge about medical practices could be expanded upon."

Ronai's Room

"Sex is a fairly common thing to worship actually." Cessie replies. "I can name a fair number of religions where sex can be considered a religious experience. But there are people who judge such religious unfairly. I try not to be one of those individuals however."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2013-08-18 at 01:59 PM.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

[Meeting Room]

"I say that if AMEN wants to go straight and play nice, we should help them in this noble resolution by giving them an incentive. As in, we should destroy their volcano base so they're not quite as tempted to run wild and then hide like scared chickens in there when someone fights back," Wenomir says.

[KR and Wenomir's Room]

Milena nods solemnly.

"Yes, ma'am." She will obediently follow KR outside.

Cutter doesn't respond for a while as his skin begins to boil and steam, turning back to normal. "No, I'm not. Mostly I fight gun-toting SWAT style people who try to incinerate me because of my nature." He admits with a shake of his head. "While the swordblow wouldn't have killed me (neither would bullets), it would have slowed me enough to allow someone else to. And I can't afford to make mistakes like that. I just have to adapt and get quicker."
    "I could spar with you a few more times, if you want to work on that," Wenomir offers.
    Last edited by Morty; 2013-08-18 at 04:08 PM.

19. - Top - End - #109

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Training Room]

"Weight," Shawna answers promptly. "A plasma sword is, essentially, weightless, aside from its hilt and emitter of course. This makes it significantly more dangerous for the untrained, however for a user who is capable of maneuvering them safely, they give a great advantage in speed of combat."

[Somewhere]

Shawna changes as well, into something much like her old outfit: white, and fully covering. While waiting for Mia, she notes the commotion, and drifts to the [Meeting Room] door, listening in. And frowning.
    [Somewhere]

Mia's new dress is a bit simpler related to her high priestress robe. It still got some shine parts where gold silver or other metals are used, but it's only an accent.

"Ready to go."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

Jeremy and Shawna's Room

Once the greeting is over, Jeremy smiles at his girlfriend and reaches up to stroke her face. "I love you, you know that?" he asks, already knowing the answer but wanting to hear it again anyway.

Gardens

"The basics just require me to take your blood pressure, body temperature, heart rate, and respiration rate as well as measuring your height and weight. Age would help too, but isn't necessary." The doctor adds as an afterthought, not quite sure if she was one of the women who were so vain they lied about age.

"A full physical and mental examination would be much more helpful, as well as a bit of blood work to see if there are any vaccinations I can give you, but they aren't necessary either if you choose to opt out of that."

"Perhaps in a few days. I might be able to fix up something for myself in the way of enhancements." He admits as he pulls on his shirt and lab coat once more. "But I would appreciate the help in learning how to fight an armed opponent while being "unarmed" myself."

Ronai's Room

The liaison nods. "Again, thank you for your understanding. While I don't worship such a god, I still serve it's workings." He says, giving Cessie a clear moment to leave the room if she wishes.

21. - Top - End - #111

Gardens

Cessie considers for a moment. "This might sound a bit strange, but would you be okay with a third-partner collecting that data for you? I was considering asking my husband or one of my friends to do it for you."

[Ronai's Room]

"Think nothing about it. I'm actually curious how exactly one serves your ideal exactly. In my world you only serve gods and nothing else." Cessie can't help but to ask. She really needs to keep that curiosity of hers in check sometimes.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2013-08-19 at 02:14 PM.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

Gardens

Cutter blinks, not having expected this, but eventually pulls an automatic blood pressure cuff from his bag. "Ma'am. For the most part, all I have to do is put this on your wrist, watch you for a minute, and we're done except you telling me your height and weight. It takes literally one minute. Do you really need someone else to do this? If you get hurt in the future, I am the one that's going to be close to you anyway. Unless you'd prefer I simply don't treat you and would rather have someone else do it, but as far as I've been told, I'm the only qualified medical staff on hand now. I don't have magic, so I'm forced to take the up close and personal route."

Ronai's Room

"As I keep saying, I don't serve their God. I serve Jezebel. She's my employer. Nothing more, nothing less." Ronai clarifies again.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Orc in the Playground

[Meeting Room]

"Are you finished?" Is all DC says for now.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

[Meeting Room]

Quote Originally Posted by Kris on a Stick View Post
    [Meeting Room]

"And in your opinion, which of these outcomes would be more favorable?" Says KR, patiently. She doesn't look entirely pleased, but at least she's held off on slinging accusations at Ilpholin so far. Traitor or not (and KR hasn't decided at the moment which one she truly is), Ilpholin has brought up some interesting opportunities which KR can't let drown under lesser questions of loyalty.
    "In the short term, I believe the destruction of AMEN would be more favorable. It would give Watchtower much, perhaps unneeded prestige, raise morale across the Nexus, and show citizens they need not be afraid. In the long run, I believe such things will lead to rage, retribution, and the rise of an even less civilized AMEN as villains gather to make a name for themselves."

"On the other hand, if AMEN grows out of its psychopathic murderer stage and into the corrupt politician stage, shedding the less savory and uncontrollable members, I think that'd be the best overall result. It's in the perfect position to be watched, with an undeniable balance of power theory in action. It can be infiltrated, steered, and will attract those types we least have to worry about in terms of apocalypse, especially if one keeps a proper information network set up within such a system. I can't make suggestions on that front, but it won't be me. I'll never go back there." Ilpholin's not returning to AMEN.

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Meeting Room]

"I say that if AMEN wants to go straight and play nice, we should help them in this noble resolution by giving them an incentive. As in, we should destroy their volcano base so they're not quite as tempted to run wild and then hide like scared chickens in there when someone fights back," Wenomir says.

"If you decide to go that route, I brought along all the information and such that I gathered on AMEN and AMENites while there." Ilpholin says, motioning to Mister Squiggles' hobo bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcomet View Post
    [Meeting Room]

"Are you finished?" Is all DC says for now.
    "That depends on you DC." Ilpholin says softly. "I don't want there to be friction between us DC, I really don't. I've spent my life looking over my shoulder for the knife my friends held just as much as my foes. But here, at Watch... it was different. I know I've had my share of difficulties here. I've never quite seen eye to eye with several its members at many points. But I always felt that when push came to shove, I could count on you, all of you, on having my back. I've always believed in you and Watch and what it stands for more than you can ever know. And I don't want to lose that feeling now because of... because of a misunderstanding."

"I've performed my actions with all due intent on Watch's behalf. Right or wrong. I'll stand by them, and you can disagree with them, and time will tell the truth. And nothing can change that now."

"Lolth knows I'm more than tired of proving myself, but I'll do it again if I have to. So I'll put forth an option. Instead of drilling and questioning my loyalty, tell me what I can do to prove it to you. Give me ground to work with, please DC. Tell me what I must do."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Somewhere]

Mia's new dress is a bit simpler related to her high priestress robe. It still got some shine parts where gold silver or other metals are used, but it's only an accent.

"Ready to go."
    Shawna looks at the meeting room door, sighs, then removes a small device from her belt and plants it on the doorframe. "Alright, let us go...Trog's?" she suggsests.

===

Jeremy and Shawna's Room

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Once the greeting is over, Jeremy smiles at his girlfriend and reaches up to stroke her face. "I love you, you know that?" he asks, already knowing the answer but wanting to hear it again anyway.
    "I do, however I will never tire of hearing you say it again," Shawna confesses, sighing softly and tilting her head against Jeremy's hand with a smile. "And I love you as well, the true man of my heart."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #116
    Orc in the Playground

[Meeting Room]

DC...sighs, but does not lower the gun. When he speaks, he manages to sound less violent and hateful, his anger replaced by a colder tone. "That depends on you. Let me tell you a story, Ilpholin, of enemies past that helped to motivate the creation of this organization.

I was not always so distrusting. Hell, I even got to be GLoG's vice president. There, I showed mercy to an enemy. I showed trust, and in doing so I allowed some of the greatest atrocities ever to befall the Nexus to occur. Because I spared a single enemy, who like you gave us many reasons to believe he was not the monster he truly was. My trust has killed, destroyed minds, and in my mind, that is why this organization cannot afford trusting those who have crossed us in the past. Many died, and others suffered arguably worse, because I was merciful, because I was foolish enough to take a chance with a single individual.

Place yourself in my shoes and give me a reason I should not pull this trigger, because where I'm standing, one life is an insignificant price to pay for the protection of the thousands that life might destroy. That is the game we are forced to play, where kindness kills and cruelty saves, and it is what this organization has always been meant to do. We are ruthless and unforgiving because we must be, lest we unwittingly unleash the next Reinholdt or Ebon Mirror. It might not be on that grand a scale every time, but the principle remains the same.

Why should we consider you different, Ilpholin?"
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

[Meeting Room]

"Because I've only ever operated on that principle. The Watch principle. YOUR principle. 'One life is an insignificant price to pay for the protection of the thousands'. 'Kindness kills and cruelty saves'. 'We are ruthless and unforgiving because we must be'. The things I've done only match this entirely to a tee. I played cruel to save. I acted ruthless to control AMEN. And I sacrificed a small few to protect thousands. I agree with you."

"Don't consider me different DC. Consider me the same, as all of you."
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2013-08-20 at 10:22 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

28. - Top - End - #118
    Orc in the Playground

[Meeting Room]

"We have had...difficulty in maintaining the loyalty of agents sent to AMEN before. I'm sure you know all about that, with the company you keep." DC, that company is right there, stop that.

"That said, should the others wish it now, I will put the gun away. I am not the sole authority here, after all. I expect your chances are good, considering they don't seem to feel as strongly about this as myself, so let me give you one piece of advice: Make me regret this, and you'll wish I'd shot you today."
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

[Meeting Room]

"Put the gun down, DC," Wenomir says. "Whatever we end up deciding about this situation, it won't be resolved by shooting her in the face after she came to us willingly. Now..." He turns back to Ilpholin. "Two more questions. First: what do you think will happen to the AMEN leadership once you're gone? Second: what do you think their most likely reaction is going to be if we decide to destroy their volcano base and succeed?"

[Training Grounds - Cutter]

"My pleasure," Wenomir says. "In any event, welcome to Watchtower."
    Last edited by Morty; 2013-08-21 at 09:32 AM.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Orc in the Playground

[Meeting Room]

DC lowers the beam gun and proceeds to go into the AMEN conversation like nothing happened. "The original base must be destroyed if we can expect to make AMEN a manageable problem, one way or the other. That is easier said than done, however. I suspect it would be easier to render the entire area uninhabitable than destroy the base itself-a task I may be able to perform, in theory, but I am...reluctant to deploy or even create weapons on that level, lest we provoke an equal response or start an arms race. Thus why my actions thus far have been less direct."
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links: