New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [NEXUS] WATCHTOWER 17: Through Cloud, Shadow, Earth, and Flesh.

Meeting Room

Darcy relaxes slightly, and lets up on the hate glare a little bit, once the gun has been lowered. But she still has nothing to add unless someone addresses her directly.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcomet View Post
    [Meeting Room]

"We have had...difficulty in maintaining the loyalty of agents sent to AMEN before. I'm sure you know all about that, with the company you keep." DC, that company is right there, stop that.

"That said, should the others wish it now, I will put the gun away. I am not the sole authority here, after all. I expect your chances are good, considering they don't seem to feel as strongly about this as myself, so let me give you one piece of advice: Make me regret this, and you'll wish I'd shot you today."
    [Meeting Room]

"While we're on the topic of adding threats to the conversation, if you ever use my girlfriend again, particularly to try and get to me, I'll make Reinholdt and Ebon Mirror look like fleas on the back of a raging Wampa in terms of your failures." Ilpholin replies, with an icy stare and an even colder voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Meeting Room]

"Put the gun down, DC," Wenomir says. "Whatever we end up deciding about this situation, it won't be resolved by shooting her in the face after she came to us willingly. Now..." He turns back to Ilpholin. "Two more questions. First: what do you think will happen to the AMEN leadership once you're gone? Second: what do you think their most likely reaction is going to be if we decide to destroy their volcano base and succeed?"
    "Magtok will be in charge. For a time. But I've tested his leadership capabilities and found them lacking. His association with me, coupled with his polarizing stances will soon alienate him. Unless he can make some concessions and distance himself from me quickly, he'll fall soon enough. Most likely to a 'suddenly back from the not-so-dead' Gordon who will swoop in when he hears I'm gone. That said, he would be the best at changing AMEN into a corrupt politician if he can hold on long enough."

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcomet View Post
    [Meeting Room]

DC lowers the beam gun and proceeds to go into the AMEN conversation like nothing happened. "The original base must be destroyed if we can expect to make AMEN a manageable problem, one way or the other. That is easier said than done, however. I suspect it would be easier to render the entire area uninhabitable than destroy the base itself-a task I may be able to perform, in theory, but I am...reluctant to deploy or even create weapons on that level, lest we provoke an equal response or start an arms race. Thus why my actions thus far have been less direct."
    "I'm not sure it'd be worth destroying one of their two bases now, particularly since they're no longer preoccupied and prevented from teleporting in. You'd guarantee a leadership change with that action and probably an arms race as they turn around and decide to destroy this base." And drama. Oh the drama.

"Besides, I have cameras in every single room in AMEN that doesn't directly belong to a member. We can have every one of their plans and schemes streamed directly to us at all times."

"But if you still want to go, you'll want a technomagical created electromagnetic field created at high amplification to hurt the eldritch creature. I'd recommend stealing Magtok's. I told him to set it up to power AMENside's electricity. Though he did want to set up a fail safe that'd teleport it to Evolution Industries should it get targeted for bombs and such. Still, very useful. If you intend to attack the AMEN base, I'd go after that first. Then create some sort of distraction to lure members away, go in with the program I gave you to turn the base against itself and then do whatever you're going to do." That'd be her strategy. The optimal timing might be gone, but the plan's still sound. For the time being at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Gardens

Cutter blinks, not having expected this, but eventually pulls an automatic blood pressure cuff from his bag. "Ma'am. For the most part, all I have to do is put this on your wrist, watch you for a minute, and we're done except you telling me your height and weight. It takes literally one minute. Do you really need someone else to do this? If you get hurt in the future, I am the one that's going to be close to you anyway. Unless you'd prefer I simply don't treat you and would rather have someone else do it, but as far as I've been told, I'm the only qualified medical staff on hand now. I don't have magic, so I'm forced to take the up close and personal route."

Ronai's Room

"As I keep saying, I don't serve their God. I serve Jezebel. She's my employer. Nothing more, nothing less." Ronai clarifies again.
    Gardens

Cessie actually chuckles. "I'm sorry Cutter, I meant for the mental and physical examination. If you want to take a quick test then by all means..."

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

Gardens - Cutter

"In all honesty, I'd prefer something more thorough. At least a body scan so I can get a clue as to what your internal systems are like and where they are precisely placed." Cutter informs her as he tries to put the cuff on her wrist and turn it on. "Reason being that there won't be a Third Party in the field. If my gender is the issue here, I do have a gender-neutral form, though most find it somewhat disturbing."

Training Grounds - Cutter

The Doctor smiles and offers his hand to the swordsman. "Thank you. It's an honor to be of service." He says joyfully.

Jeremy and Shawna's Room

The man smiles at his girlfriend and leans forward to kiss her again before guiding her towards the bed to lay down with her. If they get settled in, he'll hold her close, but even then she'll sense he has something on his mind, distracting him heavily, as if he's afraid. It's uncharacteristic of him not to say what it is though.

5. - Top - End - #125

Gardens - Cutter

"I'm just a normal human as far as I know." Cessie smiles. "But gender isn't really the issue. I'm just uncomfortable with strangers inspecting my body." She laughs again. "Of course, I might not know what exactly you mean by a "body scan"."

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

Garden - Cutter

"I'd make you lie down on a bed while it goes through a big electronic ring. The computer would scan through you and give me everything I need to know about your anatomy. You wouldn't need to undress in the slightest, though I do ask that you remove any metal from yourself if you do this." Cutter explains.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Troll in the Playground

Jeremy and Shawna's Room

The man smiles at his girlfriend and leans forward to kiss her again before guiding her towards the bed to lay down with her. If they get settled in, he'll hold her close, but even then she'll sense he has something on his mind, distracting him heavily, as if he's afraid. It's uncharacteristic of him not to say what it is though.
    Shawna is quite easily steered to the bed, and snuggles against Jeremy's chest, her multicolored-haired head tucked under his chin as she rests her hand against him, relaxing for a little while before pulling back enough to look into his eyes.

"Something is troubling you, my love. What is it?"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

Jeremy and Shawna's Room

He's quiet for a few moments, looking into her eyes before leaning forward to kiss her forehead gently before he finally speaks. "I was thinking about children Shawna. And hoping about them too." He whispers.

9. - Top - End - #129

Ronai's Room

"As I keep saying, I don't serve their God. I serve Jezebel. She's my employer. Nothing more, nothing less." Ronai clarifies again.
    Ronai's Room

"So you're not a form of cleric then that gain powers by serving a god or an ideal? I had assumed most people in the masks were like that." Cessie asks.

Garden - Cutter

"Eh... very well then. But can you tell me how it works first?" The sorceress asks.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

Ronai's Room

Ronai shakes his head. "As far as I can tell, few of them are actually priests. There are some psykers and sorcerers if that's what you meant. The former uses their mind to manipulate energies while the latter use rituals to the same effect. As for me, I was just a worker in a brothel she bought out. Made the place better admittedly. But the reason why I was sent here is precisely because I don't go along with the worshiping and my intelligence is unclouded by the need for Sensation."

Gardens - Cutter

Cutter opens his mouth, about to go into the technical details, but stops himself and gives a much simpler explanation instead. "The machine shoots varying unharmful rays through you. Some pass through unheeded, some are slowed, and some are bounced back depending on the density of what they hit. The machine looks at all the data, and gives a detailed image in return."

11. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground

Jeremy and Shawna's Room

He's quiet for a few moments, looking into her eyes before leaning forward to kiss her forehead gently before he finally speaks. "I was thinking about children Shawna. And hoping about them too." He whispers.
    Shawna blinks in surprise at Jeremy's confession, her eyes widening slightly, and her cheeks color as a small smile crosses her lips, lifting her hand to brush against his cheek. "Oh? Are you thinking that you would...want some some day?" she asks.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

Jeremy and Shawna's Room

"I was thinking that for a long time now." He admits. "If you're ever willing to try..." Jeremy starts, letting Shawna decide if she wants to answer it herself.

13. - Top - End - #133

Ronai's Room

Ronai shakes his head. "As far as I can tell, few of them are actually priests. There are some psykers and sorcerers if that's what you meant. The former uses their mind to manipulate energies while the latter use rituals to the same effect. As for me, I was just a worker in a brothel she bought out. Made the place better admittedly. But the reason why I was sent here is precisely because I don't go along with the worshiping and my intelligence is unclouded by the need for Sensation."

Gardens - Cutter

Cutter opens his mouth, about to go into the technical details, but stops himself and gives a much simpler explanation instead. "The machine shoots varying unharmful rays through you. Some pass through unheeded, some are slowed, and some are bounced back depending on the density of what they hit. The machine looks at all the data, and gives a detailed image in return."
    Ronai's Room

"I understand, I think I shall leave it to you then. If you have any questions or feel that someone is treating you unfairly, just come and talk to me okay?" Just don't walk around half-naked.

Gardens - Cutter

"May I see it? The machine I mean." Cessie asks. She figures Cutter is going to guide her to it anyway so let's have a good look at it first.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

[Meeting Room]

KR can't help but smirk ever so slightly as Ilpholin snaps at DC. That's probably what her reaction would be, too.

As to the rest...
    "I think we'll need a little bit of time to discuss our next course of action, both in regards to AMEN and also your future status in the organization. We should call Cessie in too." Says KR, pulling out a communicator to do just that, with a quick text requesting her presence.
    "In the meantime, I hope neither DC or Wenomir will mind if I let you go until we make our decision. I will ask that you don't leave the base until then, though."
    KR will probably have to have some robot or maybe the cat or one of the tower servants on lookout for that.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2013-08-25 at 12:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

[Meeting Room]

Wenomir nods.

"So long as she stays in the base, let her go. We have two important decisions to make, and if we want to attack AMEN, we need to do it as quickly as possible."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

[Meeting Room]

"Very well." She motions to Mister Squiggles who will place the rest of the hobo bag contents on the table before taking back the stick and cloth.

Ilpholin points at each piece in turn. "That's access to all the cameras in AMEN, visible and hidden. That's Becky's phone gps tracking I tricked her into taking. That there is a recorded copy of every AMENite interview I performed, in addition to each of the filled out forms that I have over there. That's the secret location of the Atlantis base from what I could gather. That's detailed schematics of the Riverside base. That's the general layout of AMENside and its defenses. And I think that's everything."

I reserve the right to remember something if I forgot to bring it up.

Beyond that, Ilpholin stands and stands and the left one gives a little bow. All three of the above then move to depart the room.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Troll in the Playground

Meeting Room

Darcy goes with them.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

Outside Meeting -> Ilpholin and/or Darcy's room?

That's where she and she will be headed anyways.

"I think that went well." Ilphy says out loud, kinda to Darcy, kinda to no one in particular.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

19. - Top - End - #139
    Troll in the Playground

Ilphy and Darcy's Room

"He almost shot you!"
    Darcy says. That is not her definition of 'going well'.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

Ilphy and Darcy's Room

"Yeah..."
    "I'll admit with the bounty up, I was disappointed the whole thing wasn't an elaborate ruse. But almost shooting was expected."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

21. - Top - End - #141
    Troll in the Playground

Ilphy and Darcy's Room

"You thought I was part of a ruse against you?"

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

Ilphy and Darcy's Room

"No. Such an elaborate ruse would be to support my position in AMEN and further justify 'separation' in AMENites mind of me from the Watchtower."
    Not that Ilpholin thought Darcy would be in on it at all.

"And it was more of a distant hope than a belief."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

23. - Top - End - #143
    Troll in the Playground

If checked, Becky's phone GPS will probably show her partway between AMENside and Eastside. Huh.

Jeremy and Shawna's Room

"I was thinking that for a long time now." He admits. "If you're ever willing to try..." Jeremy starts, letting Shawna decide if she wants to answer it herself.
    Shawna's blush deepens, and she knits her fingers with Jeremy's, squeezing his hand as she smiles, almost shyly, her expression more, for want of a better term, girlish, than at any time since they'd met.
    "It would be an honor."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #144
    Barbarian in the Playground

Courtyard

Anyone watching the courtyard might see Boris heading towards the main gate, in his Spetsnaz uniform and carrying several firearms. Which is probably odd, since nobody has sent him on any sort of mission.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

Jeremy and Shawna's Room

Jeremy leans in to kiss Shawna, but doesn't go anywhere with it for now. "Thank you. It means a lot." He admits, slipping off his silver ring to try and push it on her finger. "In...in case that matters to you. Just being with you is enough for me, but..."

Gardens - Cutter

Cutter shakes his head. "I don't have it yet. It's been ordered though. Had a similar piece of equipment in my old clinic before it got burned down." He admits with a shrug. "But that's what happens when you have one in Riverside."

Ronai's Room

"Thank you, I'll be sure to remember that if anything happens." Ronai says as he begins to unpack his few belongings.

26. - Top - End - #146

Gardens - Cutter

"Ah, we'll let's worry about that when you have it then." Cessie replies. "Anything else I can help you with or are we done for now? I need to get home to my children."

Ronai's Room

"Have a good stay." The sorceress says before bidding farewell.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Troll in the Playground

Jeremy and Shawna's Room

Jeremy leans in to kiss Shawna, but doesn't go anywhere with it for now. "Thank you. It means a lot." He admits, slipping off his silver ring to try and push it on her finger. "In...in case that matters to you. Just being with you is enough for me, but..."
    Shawna returns the kiss softly, and smiles as she looks at the ring, blushing fiercely now. "Just being with you is enough for me as well, my love. I know that what we share is...ours," she says quietly, looking up with a smile and tears in her eyes as she leans in to kiss him once more.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #148

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    Shawna looks at the meeting room door, sighs, then removes a small device from her belt and plants it on the doorframe. "Alright, let us go...Trog's?" she suggsests.

===

Jeremy and Shawna's Room

"I do, however I will never tire of hearing you say it again," Shawna confesses, sighing softly and tilting her head against Jeremy's hand with a smile. "And I love you as well, the true man of my heart."
    Mia nods and follows the female paladin.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

29. - Top - End - #149
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Ilphy and Darcy's Room

"No. Such an elaborate ruse would be to support my position in AMEN and further justify 'separation' in AMENites mind of me from the Watchtower."
    Not that Ilpholin thought Darcy would be in on it at all.

"And it was more of a distant hope than a belief."

"I'm glad you're not going back there."
    Darcy says.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

Ilphy and Darcy's Room

"Well it was only a matter of time before they decided the same thing they decide about every one of their leaders. They didn't like me and wanted me dead. Thought it best to just avoid that particular conversation." And get out early and still alive.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast