New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 44 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Fear and Loathing in the Greenbelt (IC Thread III)

MAPLE
    Spoiler
    Show

Well, the only way to advance is up the stairs, so there you go!

The stairs end in a circular room featuring wide windows draped with hanging vines that offer panoramic views of the keep's overgrown courtyard and the forest beyond. An open circular skylight in the ceiling provides glimpses of the forest canopy overhead. The walls between the windows are carved with exquisite, delicate nature motifs highlighted in gold and silver leaf. A riot of flowers, plants, and bushes sprout from the thick loam that carpets the hall's floor, as if one were walking in a fantastic glade elevated high above the forest floor.

There is a beautiful, graceful elven woman with alabaster skin, golden hair, and emerald green eyes flitting around the room. She wears a flowing white gown of archaic elven style, tied at the waist with a blood red scarf. And she is currently dancing as she goes, humming almost inaudibly, swaying... It's rather fascinating...

WILL SAVE DC 20
    Spoiler
    Show

Fail, and... Wow. That's... It's... That dance is FASCINATING. You are dazed until further notice.

Succeed and nothing happens, though it's certainly a very good dance. Your head hurts a little.

ROQOAN and JOHAN
    Spoiler
    Show

Quick question... Do you gentlemen have the Eschew Materials feat?
    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

"Alistair and I could probably lift it, enlarging if we must. Better to face a few moments of attack than...splitting up? Have you seen something?"

3. - Top - End - #183
    Bugbear in the Playground

Alistar

After a few moments of indecision, Alistar decides that discretion is not, in fact, the better part of valor. Also, he's quite curious to see what is in these ruins...

He follows Maple into the ruined tower, a little bit behind.
    Awesome Morrigi Avatar by Akrim.elf. A thousand thanks.

TW Factions

Spoiler
    Show

None

PBP Characters

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

Roqoan

"Guess we're all following Maple." Roqoan says while heading in the same direction.

5. - Top - End - #185

Brin rolls her eyes "Whatever... I say we get a crew of dwarven sapiers and take down his damn fort with siege engines, maybe we will squish the little buggers in the process." Bow string taunt the dwarven archer follows along with her fiancee.
    Blarg...

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

Roqoan

"Please don't damage our new castle more than it has already been damaged. If we put some time and money into this place it could be a pretty decent fortress. This could be our forward military post if we ever need to move against that pile of manure Hannis Drelev."

7. - Top - End - #187

The group heads into the central tower.

This wide chamber has an impressive vaulted ceiling. Though obscured in places by earth and undergrowth, the hall's floor is crafted of smooth stone tiles in multicolored pastel hues. The walls of the chamber are decorated with faded frescoes of sylvan life, showing scenes of beautiful elves engaged in hunting, feasting, dancing, singing, and a bewildering variety of other idyllic pursuits. To the west, a graceful, filigreed stone staircase, garlanded with flowering vines, climbs to the level above.

Alistar sets out upstairs, soon presumably catching up with Maple.

ALISTAR
    Spoiler
    Show

The stairs end in a circular room featuring wide windows draped with hanging vines that offer panoramic views of the keep's overgrown courtyard and the forest beyond. An open circular skylight in the ceiling provides glimpses of the forest canopy overhead. The walls between the windows are carved with exquisite, delicate nature motifs highlighted in gold and silver leaf. A riot of flowers, plants, and bushes sprout from the thick loam that carpets the hall's floor, as if one were walking in a fantastic glade elevated high above the forest floor.

There is a beautiful, graceful elven woman with alabaster skin, golden hair, and emerald green eyes flitting around the room. She wears a flowing white gown of archaic elven style, tied at the waist with a blood red scarf. And she is currently dancing as she goes, humming almost inaudibly, swaying... It's rather fascinating...

WILL SAVE DC 20
    Fail and be dazed until further notice. Succeed and you can act normally. Your head DOES hurt a bit, though.

As Brin pulls the bowstring taut and advances, there's a flash of metal and the bowstring snaps! Her bow nearly rebounds, but her reflexes save her from being thwacked by it.

Brin and Roqoan
    Perception DC 35

Spoiler
    Show

You shouldn't be reading this if you didn't roll that high.

If you DID roll that high apologies, and I'll letcha know what you see.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Maple

Rubbing her head a bit (Before Alistar arrives),

"Greetings, I'm Maple Leafsinger, a Mortal Sword of Sarenrae. I apologize for intruding on your dance and all, but could we discuss some things... perhaps in the Common tongue or something?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy: (1d20+11)[23]
    Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!
    Spoiler: Characters
    Show

9. - Top - End - #189

Alistar

Alistar comes tromping up the steps in time to catch Maple talking.

"Oh hey, did you find someone up her-." He stops in his tracks. He stares at the scene fascinated, as he slowly moves over to Maple. What...what is going on here?"

TW Factions

Spoiler
    Show

None

PBP Characters

10. - Top - End - #190

UPSTAIRS
    Spoiler
    Show

The elven woman slowly ceases to dance, a barest flicker of emotion crossing her face. She comes to a stop beside a folding screen, one flawless hand cupping an elbow, while her other caresses her chin in a manner that seems almost provocative, strange as it sounds.

"Really now. You come here unbidden, and break our door, fill our noses with your mortal scents, and bear arms readied against one who carries none? And on top of such rudeness, you insist that we converse in vulgar tongues? I see little to discuss, save reparations for the trespass."

PERCEPTION CHECK DC 24
    Spoiler
    Show

Her canine teeth are very long, and very sharp. You may roll knowledge nature if you have it.

DOWNSTAIRS
    You hear muffled discussion coming from above you.

IN MY LADY'S CHAMBER
    Spoiler
    Show

Well, that's where Maple and Alistar are, more or less.

11. - Top - End - #191

Alistar

Spoiler
    Show

Alistar replies to the elven woman the strange language he occasionally uses.

Sylvan
    Spoiler
    Show

Would you perhaps prefer to to speak this way?

I apologize for our trespass, we were simply investigating this ruin. We saw no overt signs of habitation, though we were told that there may be fae in the area. We were hoping to, well, meet our neighbors for lack of a better way to say it.

OOC Question:
    Spoiler
    Show

Who is baring arms? Is she talking about when Alistar briefly drew his swords after the portcullis fell?

Last edited by Sithis; 2013-09-24 at 01:38 PM.

TW Factions

Spoiler
    Show

None

PBP Characters

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

Roqoan

"Let's go upstairs and help Maple and Alistar. They're talking to someone, i might actually be usefull up there.
    Something wrong with your bow, Brin?"
    Roqoan heads up the stairs while talking to Brin.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Maple

Spoiler
    Show
    Maple acknowledges Alistar's arrival and Sylvan words, before beginning her conversation.

"I wish I knew your language, though I'll say my piece, regardless if it might be repeating what my friend here said.

We did hear laughter after the door fell on us, so at least we entertained the ones in the courtyard, I guess. Though we are here on bequest of some other Fae who tell of evil Fae inhabit these lands.
    Now, I want to be on good terms with the original inhabitants of these lands so our people and potentially yours can behave. So, any chance could you tell us a bit about this place and those who inhabit it?
    "

Perception Check: (1d20+6)[18]
    Last edited by Chained Birds; 2013-09-24 at 01:42 PM.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #194

Brin notices the flash of metal and watches her bow fly across the room, first they harm her and then they mess with her bow. Repressing the black rage forming underneath the surfice, Brin simply smiles thinking of all of the terrible things she is going to do to these creeps as she walks towards her bow while grabbing her back up bow string.

Spoiler
    Show
    Well unless I can roll a 21 on a d20 I will be unable to see what happen, obviously an invisible assailant... let me know if you have any problems with the back up bow string, any archer worth their salt has a few extras since they aren't exactly hard to come by.
    Blarg...

15. - Top - End - #195

Roqoan arrives upstairs to find a a circular room featuring wide windows draped with hanging vines that offer panoramic views of the keep's overgrown courtyard and the forest beyond. An open circular skylight in the ceiling provides glimpses of the forest canopy overhead. The walls between the windows are carved with exquisite, delicate nature motifs highlighted in gold and silver leaf. A riot of flowers, plants, and bushes sprout from the thick loam that carpets the hall's floor, as if one were walking in a fantastic glade elevated high above the forest floor.

There is a beautiful, graceful elven woman with alabaster skin, golden hair, and emerald green eyes flitting around the room. She wears a flowing white gown of archaic elven style, tied at the waist with a blood red scarf. She is currently standing with her arms crossed next to a screen, cupping her chin and speaking to Alistar in a gentle, lilting tongue.

SYLVAN
    Spoiler
    Show

"An apology... Hardly eloquent, but one supposes it is a start. Neighbors? What now, are the wolves returning to these lands? Oh dear, dearie me. Things shall surely become delightfully bloody. How DREADFUL for the local mortals. What shall happen when the Monolith takes note of you, wolf of the old blood? Will you turn upon your short friend here, oh furry one? I should pay good coin to see that."

The woman's eyebrow lifts marginally when Maple says her piece, and her look upon the armored halfling is full of scorn. She replies in the common tongue.

"Well. As I am a font of kindness, generosity, and other such silly notions then obviously the fey who told you that are lying and wicked themselves. You should GO and CHOP THEIR HEADS OFF."

MAPLE, ALISTAR, ROQOAN
    Spoiler
    Show

Will save, DC 20. Fail, and that sounds like a really great idea to you, and you're gonna try to go do that immediately!

Succeed, and realize that a weird compulsion affected you for a few seconds, to do just that... But you managed to shake it off.

"That will teach them to be lying liars who lie."

DOWNSTAIRS
    As Brin finishes restringing her bow and Roqoan heads upstairs...

JOHAN PERCEPTION CHECK DC 31
    Spoiler
    Show

Someone just tried to make a grab for your spell component pouch! You stopped them. If you read this, then note when you read the lower message, he grabbed some other random pouch and not your spell components.

EVERYONE PERCEPTION CHECK DC 19
    Spoiler
    Show

There's a muffled curse, and over by Johan, for a second, a small figure in tattered finery is visible. He is a grayish humanoid of about Maple's size with two protruding, buglike antennae, solid black eyes, and three fingered hands. He flips Johan's spell component pouch up and down in his loose hand as he sheathes a dagger with his main hand, then grins and takes off at LUDICROUS speeds, back out the door and around the tower, out of your sight before you can say BOO.

You may roll knowledge-nature if you have it.

JOHAN - you may roll an opportunity attack as the thief flees. No one else may act.
    Last edited by Lost Demiurge; 2013-09-24 at 02:10 PM.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

Roqoan

"Yes! Yes, you're right! I see it now.
    Melonsie was lying. That satyr was lying. Even Pervilash was lying, but i will get to him eventually.
    First i'm taking care of Melonsie and that satyr."
    Roqoan draws his dagger (even though it's a few days walking to Melonsie) and heads towards the staircase.

He hums a little melody and mumbles to himself. "Redrum. Redrum. Redrum"

17. - Top - End - #197

Alistar

Alistar silently groans as the words "evil fae" leave Maple's mouth. He's just about to admonish her when...

Suddenly, his mind is at peace. The Lady is right, the other fae are liars and deceivers. And they should be punished accordingly.

Sylvan
    Spoiler
    Show

Of course you are correct, M'Lady. They will be punished for their attempt to deceive us.

He turns, and follows Roquan back down the staircase.
    Last edited by Sithis; 2013-09-24 at 03:27 PM.

TW Factions

Spoiler
    Show

None

PBP Characters

18. - Top - End - #198

Brin gingerly begins refitting her bow string, looking around cautiously to ensure the same misdeed isn't done again...

Spoiler
    Show
    perception (1d20+14)[19]

And that's when she catches the damn filthy bug fae causing all of the problems! "Oy when I get my hands on you I will wring that bloody neck of yours, noone messes with my bow and lives. Oh by the way... Johan he just filched your spell components...
    Last edited by Morbis Meh; 2013-09-24 at 02:31 PM.
    Blarg...

19. - Top - End - #199
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Maple

Maple just stands there looking at the woman. She raises an eyebrow,

"Am I really going to have to end this conversation with some detection here? Because I'd appreciate it if you stopped with these tactics already... Is it really that hard to talk things through? Or are you as barbaric as the Bandits we destroyed a few months back?"
    Last edited by Chained Birds; 2013-09-24 at 02:36 PM.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

Johan sees Roquan disappear up the steps. "Yes, lets all scatter about surrounded by invisible and unknown enemies. This is a good plan. Let's not JUST LEAVE. I swear, if we all die here<mutter mutter>."

He stays next to Brin, unwilling to leave any alone here.

Seeing her catch the creature. "Hey!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    did Brin actually stop it, or is it gone?

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Sad I don't get to make a Will Save. I'm actually good at those.

Fermor stares at his friends for a second, and then realizes something. "Yer not yerselves. Ain't none o ya would backstab tha good fae... other 'n Roquan, if a kingdom was involved... or Brin, if it was funny or they insulted her... Or Alistair, if he done been mind washed..." He shakes his head so hard the helmet spins on his head. "Ya did somethin' ta mah frins, an I dun 'ate that." Fermor blasts them with a bit of GLORY magic, and hopes to heaven it works.

Spoiler
    Show

Dispel Magic, hoping to end their Command/Dominate effect.
    James/TheDoge Avatar by Ceika!

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by TravelLog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SamBurke View Post
    *snip* ...Hands down the funniest class critique ever... *snip*
    I cannot tell you the number of times I laughed while reading this.

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

First Place Pathfinder Grab Bags:
    XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

Cursing his lost components, Johan quickly gathers a few cobwebs from the corner of the room.

23. - Top - End - #203

Upstairs

The woman frowns at Maple. "And yet again you show me rudeness. Tsk. I've shown you nothing but courtesy, you, who are an uninvited guest to my house. I can NOT simply imagine what tactics you think I may be employing."

"You are unwanted here, and you tempt my ire. Little girls should go home and not bother their betters."

Downstairs

Perception Check DC 37

Spoiler
    Show

Yep, here comes that bug fae again...

24. - Top - End - #204

Brin shoulders her bow, knowing that it was a moot point to fight this unprepared, whatever that bug thing was it was too fast and bloody invisible for them to deal with at the moment. Cupping her hands together Brin yells towards Maple "Hey Maple, lets just leave this damn place already, you guys rushed in here without being prepared for crying out loud. Let's leave these damn things alone, the dragon and trolls that will be approaching soon will take care of them anyways."
    Blarg...

25. - Top - End - #205
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Maple

Maple scowls and shouts at the woman, obviously angered by her behavior,

"I work with a charming Spellcaster, and deal with people of Arcane and Divine influence. I've dealt will many creatures that have harmed me with both their claws and their words. Don't look down on me!

I'm probably the only person in our group that will give you a chance, because for all we know, evil Fae live here and want to do evil things! And by the way, you haven't really persuaded me to think otherwise.
    "

Maple cools off a bit.

"This is all I want: you keep your keep and live like nothing is going on, but promise not to harm the people outside your keep. We will be expanding, and the passage of time will show the growth of civilization around your home, but if you agree to my proposal, our growth will not affect you unless you break your end of the bargain

We can discuss a camaraderie at a later date or something.
    "
    Show

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

Seeing the two return and act oddly, Johan checks them for signs of magic.
    Spoiler
    Show
    detect magic, no material component, spellcraft (1d20+11)[21]

(finding them enchanted, whether or not he can identify it)
    "Maple is still up there. I'm going to check on her. Fermor, you have silence prepared? If there is a mage I just as soon be a surprise. Here's the hand signal to dismiss it." He raises his good hand and flashed 1-3-5 with his fingers.

His hooks spark with stored energy.
    Spoiler
    Show
    adding keen and +1, holding an empowered SG.
    Last edited by stack; 2013-09-25 at 12:01 PM.

27. - Top - End - #207

The woman's eyes widen, and she covers her mouth with a pure white hand as she laughs, scornfully.

"Oh-oh-oh-ho-ho! Such bravado! Such anger! Such FIRE in your... Mmm, blood... My oh my, you mortals DO amuse. Now let me DO see if I understand you... You promise not to steal that which we already have, in exchange for living a life of utter boredom, devoid of amusements, until your screaming, stinking, greedy batch of mortal whelps eventually number enough that we cannot escape the growth of their foul cities? Now why on earth should we ever accept such a one-sided arrangement?"

28. - Top - End - #208
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Maple

"I don't understand the boredom thing. We do allow the Fae we have met to do mischief, just so long as nothing is irreparably harmed and no one actually dies. They also were fine with the expansion of our civilization, just so long as we didn't touch the deep woods. But they also offered aid in order to ensure we work together.
    Your people can be a part of things too and live with us in peace. It is actually not a bad deal, as civilization will eventually come to these lands and it'll be best for you guys to be on our side.
    "
    Show

29. - Top - End - #209

UPSTAIRS

The lady rolls her eyes. "Irrepreable harm? Bah. Death? Double bah! You mortals breed like BUGS. What do you care if we have our sport? There's always more of you. My answer is no, no nay never."

She smiles, as her canines begin to grow and elongate, as her painted nails stiffen and stretch, turning into bloody-seeming claws. "Besides, an eternity without dinner is no eternity worth contemplating. Thrice you asked and thrice denied. Best you now to run and hide. Or you'll meet your gods on the other side..."

Fermor
    Spoiler
    Show

Choose a target for your dispel, then roll a d20 and add your level, sir.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Maple

Maple gives the woman a dumbfounded look. Then she claps her hands together and gives her a big smile.

"Are you a Vampire?! Please tell me you are a Vampire or something! Father Wisely always had a lot to say about Vampires and junk. Come on, don't be shy."

Maple does a joyful dance in place before twirling her fingers towards the woman, awaiting a response.
    Last edited by Chained Birds; 2013-09-26 at 05:15 PM.
    Show