New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Banned

Default Re: [Chuubo's] Fortitude: The Glass-Maker's Dragon IC

"Oh, you're right." Jasper looked a bit embarrassed, giving Natalia a shy smile. Just what had that girl gone through in the past? Really, she should figure out something to do for her...Maybe Rinley would know? She seemed to know a lot about the world and be good at that kind of stuff.

"And couldn't the wishes work in some way other than brainwashing?"

2. - Top - End - #242
    Titan in the Playground

"Seizhi said that Chuubo doesn't control the way the wish works. It's the machine that picks the way in which it will accomplish the result he intends. Somehow.", Natalia explains patiently. "I get the feeling his skills at making wishes carefully still need polishing."
    Last edited by Tengu_temp; 2014-01-01 at 10:54 AM.

Siela Tempo by the talented Kasanip. Tengu by myself.
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #243
    Bugbear in the Playground

At Jasper's question regarding the machine, Seizhi seems to think it over. He serves the costumers, hands over their requests, counts their money and stores it carefully; smiles gratefully at them... Soon enough he answers.

"Knowing Chuubo, I suppose he would be ok with showing it to other people..."

---

Chuubo seems mildly surprised at Leonardo's overall statement. "Uhh, yeah? Yeah! I mean, why would you have a wish-granting engine if it didn't actually work?" He seems confused at the idea, before his face regains clarity. "Oh right, the Marvelous Wish Granting Engine Mk. I wasn't very polished back then."

He crosses his arms and closes his eyes. "Hah, that brings back memories," he says in a wistful tone. "We'd hang out wherever and go exploring, you with your Nightmare Science, and me with my box, we'd have adventures of all sorts..."

Very briefly, he looks kinda cool, but after a moment the effect seems to wear off. "Anyway, since then I realized that my design was a bit flawed, so after you left I managed to create the new and improved MWGE Mk. II, which actually works," he confirms, waving a hand side to side stylishly and grinning widely. His mind appears to drifts off somewhere momentarily.

"Hey, you wanna check it out later? I haven't made a wish this week yet. Your friends can come too, if they want," he tells Leonardo, looking straight into his eyes. It's very obvious that he wants to show off and show his friend his invention.

---

Seizhi smiles in satisfaction from the counter, while looking at Chuubo. "Just as I thought. Say, are you free today, or tomorrow?" he asks towards his co-workers.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Barbarian in the Playground

Rinley doesn't appear to have noticed Miramie's friendship conundrums.
    "What? Me? Art? I mean, my skills lie in storycrafting and the recounting of entirely true anecdotes. Other than that one time with the sea god, I've not tried my hand at it. But let's see- origami and whatnot with paper. It's starting to come together now."
    Rinley stares at the paintings for a bit, thinking.
    "If you're lacking in inspiration, we could try to find some! I find adventure's good for that, but I'm not sure what would help you..."

"What do you think of using origami in table centerpieces? Or would that be too formal or fancy? Do you have any visual references or styles or anything that you've picked up in your research on-hand?"

Spoiler
    Show
    In which we continue to play the Sims! (This is not a bad thing). If you want, we could head towards checking out those shops in Arcadia you mentioned for reference. I feel after a point we'll have to either start planning things proper or throw references at each other . I'm not sure how close the other scene is to finishing up, if we want to try staying synced.
    Avatar by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins! Three cheers and all that.

The World's Greatest (and only) Deceiver Askblog!

5. - Top - End - #245
    Titan in the Playground

"I have stuff that needs to be done. Someone has to talk to the coffee shop owners. And I need to find out where I can get a holy spear." Natalia says the last thing as if it was something normal. But then, even normal things sound a bit like heroic quest declarations when they come out of her mouth, so the opposite seems legit.
    If I wasn't so busy I wouldn't mind seeing the machine, though... I want to see if it really works, and on what principles. Maybe I could even... No. I cannot ask people I barely know for something like this. It wouldn't be fair towards them.
    Some of Natalia's inner hesitation breaks through to the outside. Just a little bit.
    Last edited by Tengu_temp; 2014-01-02 at 04:40 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #246
    Titan in the Playground

"A lot of my inspiration comes from dreams, one way or another. At least, the pieces you said looked alive came out of dreams." And thank goodness Rinley hadn't asked about the portrait of her hidden room. Whatever had possessed her to paint that that - not just showing her sanctuary to the world, but showing it marred?

"I'm not sure what you mean by reference styles, I'm afraid... Honestly, I've been spending most of my time fixing the place up and trying to save enough to buy food and supplies; I've hardly thought about what it's going to look like when I'm done. Origami would be... you know, I'm not sure. I don't want people to think it's too fancy; do you think that sounds formal? I'm... " Miramie gestures down at her clothes, which as usual fall solidly on the somber, demure side of fashion. "Not the best judge."

"Come on, I'll show you the courtyard. That's where I want to - aaiee!"

A small shriek escapes Miramie as she leads the way into the next room. The old house's kitchen is mostly bare, containing only an old broken refrigerator, a gas stove and a few appliances sitting atop the counter. Oh, and some kind of... white puddle, dripping out of the fridge to cover most of the floor? That's probably not supposed to be there, judging by the way Miramie is staring and looking distressed. Smells nice, though.

"Where did all this even come from?"

Spoiler
    Show
    This is a cafe, sort of. Or at least Miramie really wants it to be one. Makes sense that a wish would pick up on that.
    Last edited by The_Snark; 2014-01-05 at 03:23 PM.
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

7. - Top - End - #247
    Banned

"Yeah, you're probably right. He could most likely phrase his wishes better...Probably. He's not a god so his control might be a bit limited." Jasper nodded at Natalia's explanation. "Still, it would be a shame to simply stop something like that rather than learn how to use it properly. So we should go see it! I'd definitely like to go see his Wish-Granting Engine...You're coming too Natalia, right?" Another big, beaming smile of the kind that rattled the Russian with sheer positivity.

The smile quickly turned into a rather deadpan expression at Natalia's expression of being busy. "You're talking to the daughter of the Sun and the Headmaster of the Bleak Academy and thinking that finding something sacred will be hard. Really?" How could someone that smart not see the obvious? "As long as we can find a spear I should be able to bless it...It can't hurt at least. You can make one yourself, right?"

8. - Top - End - #248
    Titan in the Playground

Natalia's face moves back a little, with the wide-eyed expression of someone who's deeply surprised by something but doesn't want the emotions to burst out. "I didn't know you can do that, but it does make sense... Metallurgy is easy, it's just shaping metal. Metal is simple." Unlike people. She looks away, trying not to show any emotion. "How hard is it for you to bless something? If it's a lot of work, or dangerous, or something that consumes a part of your power, then I cannot ask this of you. It's my responsibility alone; it wouldn't be fair if I dragged others into this, cause problems for them..."
    Natalia's heart pains. Gratefulness is not an emotion that's easy to admit... Agh, it would be so much easier to do everything alone! And yet... She cannot reject Jasper. She just can't. She's asking just to make sure.

Spoiler
    Show

I'm moved.
    Spoiler
    Show

This will end in pain.

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #249
    Banned

"I haven't tried it before...But, I'm still the daughter of Jade Irinka and hold some of her holiness, if I can't bless a spear, I'm not sure what can make it holy...And, I might not quite remember all that much from back home or know that much life down here, but as her daughter I should help you keep Fortitude safe. If someone like me doesn't, how can there be any hope to push the Outside back and restore the world?" While she did sound determined, there was still a whole lot of humility on Jasper's face as well as a distinct hint of uncertainty. She was her father's daughter as well, after all. It all quickly faded to more ordinary curiosity, however. "What do you need a holy spear for anyway? I don't think people usually need those...But, uh, correct me if I'm wrong about that."

Spoiler
    Show
    And taking an XP for discussing Jasper's nature and destiny.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Titan in the Playground

"It's the only weapon that can kill Typhon. Nothing else will succeed in defeating her for good, according to the way the rats' Legends work. It's not very rational, but it makes sense in a certain way."
    Natalia nods seriously. "I accept your help, then. And yes, I'll come to see the wishing machine with you. It could be a curious experience."
    She turns back to her work, as if ending the conversation. For a few seconds, it might seem like that's really the case. But it isn't.
    "...Thank you."

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #251
    Banned

Jasper nodded, looking relieved for a bit. "Okay. I was worried there would be a shortage of some kind down here. Just tell me when you need it." It was followed up by a small smile and a quiet "You're welcome" when Natalia thanked her. She didn't know who Typhon was, but she trusted Natalia about defeating it. Especially if it was related to the rats, they were completely accepted by the people of Fortitude, after all.

Spoiler
    Show
    And while this is subject to getting overruled by the GM, I'd say that Jasper and Natalia talking has been its own scene and is essentially over now. And as such, I'll call Shared Action.
    Last edited by Terraoblivion; 2014-01-05 at 01:17 PM.

12. - Top - End - #252

"Oh, I mean like reference pictures of things you liked elsewhere. Like lamps or decor or something. Though I suppose stocking the place is rather important."
    As they enter the kitchen, Rinley quickly notes Miramie's reaction and the slowly spreading puddle. She bends down and pokes the fluid, first smelling and then tasting it.
    "Hmm... Vanilla? Why do you have so much vanilla ice cream here? Is the fridge even on? Does it even work?"
    Rinley steps back a bit, and then rushes forward, jumping onto the countertop nearby the fridge, deftly avoiding Miramie on the way through the door. At this point, she reaches over and opens the fridge. There's a slight outpouring as the melted ice cream drains out the fridge. The distinct smell of teriyaki, mixed with vanilla and chocolate fills the room. Inside the fridge are several boxes poorly smashed into place, getting all soggy from their contents. The snake logo is distinct, albeit soggy on the sides of the boxes.
    "Unexpected delivery? Can't say I've seen that brand before."
    Rinley smiles to herself.
    "Snake brand terror-yaki! You never know when it'll show up next!"

"Do you want help with the mess?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Superior Cat-Speaker 2 for the acrobatics. Also, I've been wondering if something like this would happen. Was tempted to start something myself.

13. - Top - End - #253

Seizhi watches Jasper and Natalia go back and forth, expecting a consensus of some sort. He seems rather surprised when Natalia mentions she needs a holy spear, and when Jasper states that she's the sun's child, and as the conversation goes on he seems to adopt an expression of fazed amazement, like a clearly ordinary and real person would upon hearing such a conversation.

He glances back at Chuubo and Leonardo, but it seems that for a change of pace Leonardo is the one who is speechless.

For the time being, Seizhi simply goes back to helping the customers, some of whom seem about as amazed or confused at the conversation the employees seem to be having.

Spoiler
    Show
    Remember kids, context is important! It can make all the difference between something being absurd and confusing without it, or it being absurd and confusing with it! They are, as I am sure you can imagine, quite different states of mind.

Also, I think we should be wrapping up this scene shortly.

This is a cafe, sort of. Or at least Miramie really wants it to be one. Makes sense that a wish would pick up on that.
    It's perfectly acceptable. I was vaguely planning on sending a special delivery of sorts, too, but after Miramie talked about it possibly being a teashop instead I cancelled it. This approach works, though.

And while this is subject to getting overruled by the GM, I'd say that Jasper and Natalia talking has been its own scene and is essentially over now. And as such, I'll call Shared Action.
    I don't object to this.

Also, take a point of Calling along one MP, Terraoblivion. Given the circumstances and the XP Action I think it's appropriate.

"Snake brand terror-yaki! You never know when it'll show up next!"
    Congrats, Geostationary, I just groaned in mild disdain and amusement.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

"No, the refrigerator isn't on. There isn't supposed to be any food here yet. I didn't want to waste power..." Miramie stares at the floor with a consternation most people would reserve for learning that their house burned down, or waking up to find their cat brought them a disemboweled bird (of a rare and endangered species) as a present. "I don't even know how to clean something like this up. Look, it's already soaking into the floor. This is going to be like the mildew all over again, you wouldn't believe how bad it was when I first found this place, if anyone knew they would have had this building condemned it was so bad..."

Spoiler
    Show
    Twitch. Twitch. Collecting XP for Under Siege. Also, I'm going to retroactively declare that showing Rinley her paintings was a Shared Action.
    Last edited by The_Snark; 2014-01-09 at 04:42 AM.

15. - Top - End - #255

"That's okay; I'm sure mops are involved. I'm sure it won't be so bad once we start to clean up. Worst comes to worst, we could re-floor the room! Give it nice tiles or linoleum!"
    Rinley looks around the room.
    "Where would I find a mop?"
    The expression on Miramie's face finally registers fully in Rinley's head.
    "Um, are you going to be okay?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Should we actually get around to cleaning, I'll likely spend 2 will to form Intention: Clean the kitchen with minimal consequence, along with applying Bond: Work must be fruitful(2) to get around not actually knowing how cleaning up large kitchen puddles works and any other unforeseen obstacles. Note I'm not spending quite yet, because I want to see how Miramie reacts and if she breaks out domestic uses of her world-breaking powers. I also don't have a mop yet. I feel that may be helpful to have.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Titan in the Playground

"... mops. Um. There's one in the supply closet. It's over this way..." Miramie shakes herself out of her stupor, though she still looks a little poleaxed, and leads the way to the closet. This time, there are no unexpected surprises: just mops, brooms, buckets, soap, and an assortment of other cleaning supplies.

"I'm all right. I guess. It's just that I keep finding new problems, and I don't know quite how to deal with them, so instead of making real progress I'm running around trying to figure out how to patch up the latest thing that's gone wrong. And I don't know if it's ever going to stop. What if I get this place open and it turns out I don't actually know enough to run a cafe? I've never been to school for this."

Spoiler
    Show
    I thought about it (that's definitely what happened to the mildew). But Rinley is right here, and I already earned bonus XP this scene so it's no good acting suspicious, and it also occurred to me that if this ice cream is wish-created then unmaking it might count as defying an Imperial miracle. So just ordinary cleaning for now.
    Last edited by The_Snark; 2014-01-09 at 06:23 PM.

17. - Top - End - #257

"Well, that's how life is, isn't it? There's always a new problem, some new thing gone wrong. You can either confront it or back down, abandoning that thing. It's like an adventure, facing challenge after challenge! Sure, you may not see your progress at the time, but looking back you can see how far you've come. Besides, look at this place! From how you've described it, it seems a thousand times better than it started! And if you don't know, you can always learn! I know your other friends and I will definitely help where we can!"
    Rinley grabs two mops, a few buckets, and other assorted cleaning supplies.
    "So let's get a move on, before this makes more problems for you. I can tell you sea stories while we work to lighten the mood!"
    And so Rinley and Miramie leave and get to work cleaning up the kitchen.

Spoiler
    Show
    So I'll use Connection: The Dream-Witch (1) and spend 2 Will (I'm working with her to clean and working well with someone is a thing Connections do) to form Intention: Clean up this mess with minimal damages. Additionally, I'll use the Regional Bond: Work must be fruitful (2) to help with any obstacles. Assuming a tool bonus for using cleaning supplies, that's Intention 4 with +2 if there's an Obstacle.

I'll also call for a Shared Action with Miramie.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

Leonardo stood speechless and unmoving his eyes staring blankly at Chuubo, not really seeing him. It was as if something inside of him had broken. But it hadn't, not yet. The blasphemy was still caged inside his head, but now it stirred. If the Wish-Granting Engine really did work it could get it out, and it so desperately wanted to be out. Or maybe it didn't, maybe it had no desires, perhaps it was Leonardo who wanted it out of his head. Either way it the blasphemy was agitated and it filled Leonardo's mind with rot and poison, drowning him in images of death, his own and that of the Sun. For one brief moment Leonardo seemed to regain his awareness of his environment and looking directly at Chuubo he weakly whispered. "I don't think that would be such a good idea." Then he collapsed.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am going to invoke Sickly and declare a (Suffer) Corruption XP Action.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground

"Well... all right." Miramie attempts a smile, not really convinced but lacking the will to argue the point. "As long as they're not seas of ice cream."

The joke is feeble, but she's trying. She takes the profferred mop and follows Rinley, setting into the task with a will. Maybe cafes are still a byzantine puzzle box full of unwelcome surprises, but mops, those she can handle.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spending 1 Will and declaring the same intention, more or less, drawing on Domestic Skills rather than a Connection. Intention level is 2 (plus any relevant bonuses for Tools and Bonds); Rinley is sort of carrying her along here, but I wanted to claim the level 1 benefit just to show that she's cheering herself up a smidge with work.
    Last edited by The_Snark; 2014-01-10 at 06:20 AM.

20. - Top - End - #260

Leonardo falls backwards in a perfect movement of ninety degrees, from vertical to horizontal, with no fumbling of his legs or any such awkwardness, and lands with a solid thud. People would clap if it wasn't so worrisome.

As it is, though, Chuubo and a dozen bystanders watch in astonishment and a bit horror as it happens, and gather around him. Chuubo looks somewhere between worried and perplexed. Well, mostly worried...

----------------

Time passes slowly on the shop-to-be. Cleaning the mysterious ice cream is perhaps a bit dull, but it's honest work, the best kind to have in Fortitude. Despite the difficulty of having to remove the stains, persistence and effort win out in the end.

The kitchen's floor seems perfectly normal and non-ice-cream related by the end of the day.

Spoiler
    Show
    If you'd like one last post or comment on your respective scenes, now's the time. Afterwards, I think we ought to skip two or three days, to keep a better pace of things.

I wouldn't worry about the ice cream, really. I mean, that'd only become a problem if you go ahead and manage to realize your plans to make a cafe or whatever. I'd say an Obstacle of 1 due to the ice cream is is appropriate here, so the "Work must be fruitful" Bond applies.

As for your respective XP Actions...

Geostationary, take a point of Something to Deal With.

Snark, take a point of Calling and an MP.

Right, Sanguine, beyond picking up a point of Sickness and an MP, you'll need to choose a trigger for your corruption. Chuubo and/or the Engine? Jealousy, perhaps? Death? Something related to the Headmaster? It's your call.

21. - Top - End - #261

Time passes by.

Leonardo is eventually carried off to a clinic and examined. There doesn't appear to be anything wrong with him. Beyond being unconscious. Too much stress, perhaps? An extended rest is recommended, and to not overly exert himself.
    He awakens at night. There's a small wrapped package next to his bed - a bowl of ramen. Next to it is a note - "Leo, get better soon! I'm coming to visit you tomorrow! -Chuubo."

And he does come visit on Wednesday.

----

Peter honors his request on Wednesday and manages to find some people to help with the cafe on a more stable basis. He respectfully gives both Natalia and Jasper the payment for their hard work, and thanks them both. Despite some eccentricities, he appears genuinely sorry to see them both go. "Please come visit us whenever you wish!" are his last words towards them, as they leave.

----

Time passes by. Not much happens. Perhaps there is just talk of everyday things, or of the sudden popularity of certain foods in Fortitude, and perhaps with Leo not feeling so well they should set back seeing the Engine for another day.

It is now Friday, and what are these remarkable children doing on this day?

Spoiler
    Show
    Feel free to do whatever in between these days. Perhaps rant madly against the foolishness of ordinary medicine? Buy stuff? Have off-screen conversations about certain things?

I feel like the world's laziest HG at times like these, but I'm guessing most of that is the Pastoral nature of the campaign. Hmm. What new wonderful sights will we see today?
    Last edited by Crinias; 2014-01-16 at 06:57 PM.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Titan in the Playground

The sun is setting on Thursday evening. Down by the docks the fishermen are bringing in the day's catch, hurrying to finish before the light is gone. Out on the lake the ferry is coming in, on its way back from Little Island after returning a crowd of school-aged children home. And up on the cliffs are two girls, sitting and watching the sunset paint the sky orange and gold and lavender.

"Have you ever been out there?" Miramie asks, pointing towards the island. At this distance it's just a little spot of green and gold on the lake; one would think that the near side should be in shadow at this time of day, but somehow it isn't.
    Last edited by The_Snark; 2014-01-16 at 07:36 PM.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Banned

Jasper swallowed the bite of teriyaki chicken skewer she'd been chewing on before answering. She had gotten paid what seemed like a bounty to her just a few days before and she didn't want to let it go to waste by not getting the best food she could after months of having to make do with whatever bits she could afford or that she got from charity.

"...I haven't." She sent the twinkling little island in the distance a long, almost wistful look feeling its call. "I've wanted to, but at the same time I don't want to." If she did she'd just be tempted to stay and that somehow seemed wrong, for reasons she hadn't quite been able to articulate yet.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Titan in the Playground

"Really? I guess I thought..." A little belatedly, Miramie realizes she's stumbling onto a sensitive topic, but forges on anyway. "... you'd want to be reminded. Of, you know. Your mom. I know she didn't live in Town, but they say Little Island's where she would have lived if they did. There's a temple to her out there and everything."

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

Same evening, different place...

The rooftops of the Town are calm, but with a lingering, inviting sense of adventure. Suddenly, that calm is disrupted by something moving quickly! A shape jumps from roof to roof with very long leaps straight from a martial arts show, then lands atop one of the taller ones. This shape turns out to be Natalia; she stands up from her three-pointed landing position and looks towards the setting sun, her hair blowing dramatically in the wind.
    There's no doubt about it. I recognize the street below me; I pass it every day when I'm coming home to school. But the landscape ahead of me... Some of it definitely doesn't look like Fortitude's roofs.
    I think I'm getting used to this place.

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #266
    Banned

"I do...But I can't just let myself be reminded." She gave a small smile, uncertain enough that it could mean a lot of things, though there was clearly some real conviction behind it, even if it wasn't quite clear or focused yet. "It just feels like if I went, I'd keep focusing on that feeling." She bit her lip. "I still have things to do and I'm worried that heading out there would make me forget about them."

27. - Top - End - #267
    Titan in the Playground

"I guess that makes sense," says Miramie, thinking now of her hidden room. "It's easy to get lost in memories of the way things used to be. Especially if they used to be happier. Although..."

She stares out at the Lake, avoiding eye contact. "Sometimes I wonder, why not? What would be so bad about going away to live in dreams and memories? Part of me thinks it'd be cheating somehow, but I can't put a finger on why. What's so important about the real world that we have to stay here for?"

28. - Top - End - #268
    Banned

"There are other people. I promised to help Natalia with a spear to slay some dangerous monster, Typhon I think. If I can do that, shouldn't I stay around to help? I can't just vanish into memories and leave all the people it would kill to die." There wasn't even a moment's hesitation in Jasper's reply. "If we make an effort we can make the world better for everyone...And, maybe, if I keep working I can find my mother or find a place in the world. If I just go live with my memories, none of that will happen. Whatever problems you have, they can get better and there has to be something out there for you as well." She smiled slightly, thinking about reaching out to give Miramie a small hug as well, but decided not to before she saw how the girl reacted.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground

Leonardo's research on the outside storms had stalled. He had gathered all the data he possibly could without an actual storm to study, but it wasn't enough, he needed to approach the problem from a different direction. His first thought was Chuubo of course, the outside dust was certainly suspicious, but he couldn't do that, not until Chuubo made a wish. He wasn't sure he could trust himself around the Wish-Granting Engine, it would be so easy to simply turn off the Mechanism of Original Sin and wish the blasphemy inside his head free, and the fool Chuubo would just let him do it. Then he would be free of the nightmares and poison inside his head, and Town would pay the price.

So instead he was going to find himself a storm. If he could predict when the next storm would be, he could be ready for it and get more data then ever before. But for that we would need more data: Barometric readings, sympathetic reactions from outside dust, and twenty-four hour monitoring of known spatial and dimensional anomalies. Just to name a small portion of what he would need.

And so that evening Leonardo was skulking around the roofs of Fortitude placing all manners of sensors where they would be undisturbed by the foolish sheep below.

As the sun set Leonardo moved with inhuman mechanical perfection leaping through the air to the roof where he would place his next sensor. An Inter-Dimensional Quantum Flux Analyzer to monitor the border of the Far Roofs. Little did he know that at that exact moment someone else was leaping to the same roof with astounding agility.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh, right. Other people." Miramie sighs; that's actually a pretty good reason. You can meet people in dreams, but it isn't the same. "I didn't think about that."

After a moment, she adds, "This sunset is pretty nice, too."