New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Colliding Moons an desperate allies

Silence everyone The arguing ceased and the leaders turned their gaze to mazdumundi. The leader were siting in a large colosseum like structure. We are here to discuss which warriors we are to send to the wastes. Not to discuss the superiority o elves a comparative to dwarves or whether a 'Waagh' is an evil act. I myself will presen my general. Seandeltan. The orc warboss sat down in his seat and growled. I got this runt Clide or sumfing. Found 'in n a Gobbo tribe, dem spidery uns. Tuff.
    The skaven grey seer squeaked out This is Seer Morskittle. Powerful spellcaster. Not nearly as powerful as myself of course.
    The vampire count stood up. I myself will offer my necromancer, Mr. Hollow for this team
    The Ind warrior king stood up. Here is Aiyer Rishi, master of a new form of magic.
    Finibar stood. Is there anyone else with a warrior who completed the tests? No? Well I present two such warriors Lathair and Assarimacil. My finest warriors. Both have saved my home from the dark elves many times. As each leader presented their warriors a door opened into the arena below.
    Each of the heroes now faces an open door into the colosseum. They have not yet met any of their fellow heroes
    And treasure!
    Wait, that doesn't make any sense

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Colliding Moons an desperate allies

Seandeltan looks cautiotsly at his surroundings.
    he may or may not accidenlty broken a torch cane a few minuets ago.

Despite knowing the meeting is peacful, Seandeltan is ready to skewer anything that goes into his personal space, or anything that threatens his leader.

Spoiler
    Show
    He will attack anyone that provokes AOOs. watch out, he has combat reflexes.
    Last edited by super dark33; 2013-08-21 at 03:07 AM.
    Despite everything, its still me.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

The tall, skinny man from Ind looks around the room once, and then walks at a dignified pace into the open door after receiving a nod from his ruler.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Cleef

The door opens, and Cleef rides into the center, bravely sitting atop her fiendish medium monstrous spider, clicking and popping at the other people. The spider goes into a dead sprint, and leaps through the air landing in the middle of the colosseum, then looks around ready to fight anything that threatens...

Spoiler
    Show
    Ride (1d20+15)[21] ...because I wanted to have the first roll of the game

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Morskittle

The White-furred Skaven looks around suspiciously, still fearing the this may be a trap before walking out into the colosseum. There he assumes a defensive position, ready for anything. About 10 seconds later a large, well muscled, decaying monstrosity follows him, clearing under his control (Gray Render Zombie).

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

As others enter the arena, Aiyer begins to float.

Spoiler
    Show

Manifesting Psionic Flight from my psicrown, rising to hover 20' above the ground

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Assarimacil bows deeply in response to the Phoenix King's praise, the fine ithilmar scales of his armor moving with the softness of silk. His footsteps are light as he steps through the door, the mansized greatsword in its sheath on his back. A soft wind rustles the blue strands protruding from the top of his helmet, but the Asur's face remains still as he calmly surveys the sight before him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff the Green View Post
    Actually, when you first put up the post where the gazebo started trying to eat us, I assumed you were pulling our legs and you'd put up the real post soon enough.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground

Mr. Snargrat has captured a chaos beast and is willingly allowing us to test out champions. This is the kind of creature you will be facing in the wastes. May the gods help you. Bring the beast Another pair of doors open, 8 orcs carrying a large cage upon their shoulders, a bizarre beast contained. A vaguely humanoid shape with a faceless head, eyes blanketing its body. Two enormous claw cover its hand and a pair of skeletal wings erupt from its spine. The cage is set down and 6 of the orcs flee as it is opened. The creature snatches two of the orcs, snapping their spines and crushing their organs. He roars and runs at the champions.

Spoiler
    Show
    Roll Iniative:
    (d20+4)[8]
    And treasure!
    Wait, that doesn't make any sense

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

(1d20+8)[11] initiative.

Cleef charges straight back at the beast!

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Morskittle regards the beast with a horrific fascination as it approaches them.

(1d20+3)[14]

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+6)[8]

Saendeltan was ready for this.
    He approaches the beast, keeping his distance.
    Despite everything, its still me.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Not sure if this is now or what, but... my action.
    Spider runs up to the beast to flank with me. No actions from it because it was slower than me...

Charging and punching to hit (1d20+19)[29]
    Crit Confrim (1d20+19)[27]
    Fist damage (1d8+5)[13]
    If Crit (1d8+5)[8]
    swift action to touch of corruption for extra (2d6)[5]
    AND the creature must make a DC 18 Fort save, but it's at a -4 to that save from my aura, so basically a DC22 Fort save or it's shaken for 5 rounds.

Oh. And now I'm at -2 for AC which puts me at 26 AC, but +2 for moving more than 40 ft in a round so 28AC.

Finally, I assume we are not in bright daylight, so if we are ignore this. But any other form of illumination, and I have Hide in Plain Sight.

So Hide check at -20 for having just attacked: (1d20+3)[14] to fade into the shadows around the creature...

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

Clearly this is the best we're going to get guys... everyone who is still around should just post so that this game can actually get off the ground, and not keep having to be revived...

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

The swordmaster closes the distance to the beast, carefully keeping his defense up.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move 30 feet closer, Total Defense
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff the Green View Post
    Actually, when you first put up the post where the gazebo started trying to eat us, I assumed you were pulling our legs and you'd put up the real post soon enough.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

From his vantage point in the air, Aiyer targets the beast with a thin green ray that shoots from the eye in his forehead.

Spoiler
    Show

Psionic Disintegrate.
    Power resistance check (1d20+11)[29]
    Ranged touch attack (1d20+10)[11]

Fort save DC 24
    If fort save fails, (22d6)[74] damage
    If fort save passed, (5d6)[15] damage