New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Altaran Irregulars HQ/IAV Sanctuary

Past - Sanctuary Armoury

"Mind if I hold it for just a moment?"
    Blu asks. "I'm just curious about whether I can feel anything from it or not. Even if it doesn't respond to me, perhaps I can sense it the other around. The Artifact I mean, not some "Divine Right"."

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

Briefing Room - Operation Ascendant

Red just grins at the 'stomping OK' confirmation, and leans back in his chair, looking somewhat insufferable.

Also, grinning.

"Well, then. I think it's time to follow the Gospel of St. Isaac, and stawmp it all out."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

3. - Top - End - #33
    Orc in the Playground

[Briefing Room-Operation Ascendant]

"Any final questions?"

((Those of you here, post with an IC confirmation you're done or an OOC note that you're not going to make any further questions here, and the mission will proceed.))

[Past-Sanctuary Armory]

"By all means." Cross just keeps it held out to her expectantly. "Might as well try not to make this a total waste of time."
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

"No further questions, sir." Blu says, staying serious about all of this.

The Past - Sanctuary Armoury

Blu will take the device and look it over in her hands for a moment before closing her eyes and sending feelers of her soul to try and figure out what it is. She has an innate understanding of technology, and to a lesser degree, "magic" due to what she is. She isn't looking for anything in particular, just browsing.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground

"No further questions sir. I'm ready."

Blathazar was only partially lying when he said that. Partially.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quotes:
    Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post
    Wikipedia NEVER had me busy for a whole day the way TV Tropes did. If Wikipedia is a Time Killer, TV Tropes is a Time Genocider.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    If you squint really hard, this is the plot of the Command & Conquer: Red Alert series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97
    Is the entirety of WoD made up of small decrepid ghost towns?

Inigo Montoya avatar by Serpentine.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

BR- Operation Ascendant

"No further questions, sir."
    Nick is honestly quite excited. An official mission to get reacquainted with his good old friend the bolt-action .50 caliber.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

"Questions already asked and answered," Red declares, still wearing that infuriating grin.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

8. - Top - End - #38
    Orc in the Playground

Operation Ascendant participants go here.

[The Past-Sanctuary Armory]

Blu, depending on how good she is at this, will be able to ascertain that the power contained in the artifact is immense, but also incredibly unstable. Tapping into it directly would be incredibly dangerous for any mage doing so, especially if the intent was to destroy something. It is almost as though the artifact itself is only a piece of a whole, incomplete without whatever the remainder is.

And if it is possible for such a thing to yearn, it most certainly yearns for completion.

[Spire Infirmary]

RMD-33 the medical droid hovers about the infirmary, attending to various injuries. Troops are bound to take them, however competent or skilled they are, and Inside is hardly the easiest place to police and defend.

"Summoning subordinate medical personnel. Medical examination scheduled in one minute."

The droid waits at a specific infirmary bed, waiting for the subject of that examination to arrive. Other medical personnel serve to cover for it as it waits.
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

The Past - Sanctuary Armoury

Blu frowns as she analyzes the artifact. "What happened to the other pieces? Is there a chance we could find them? It might stabilize this one if we do."

Spire Office

Jezebel leans quietly on the wall as she waits to meet with Vyrn. It had taken quite a while to set up the meeting, but what she had to say might be worth it.

Oddly, Jezebel isn't wearing anything revealing at the moment, having chosen a tasteful midnight blue suit that offsets her "natural" purple hue nicely.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Orc in the Playground

[Past-Sanctuary Armory]

Cross raises an eyebrow. "We're not aware of any other pieces."

[Spire Office]

The door slides open. Vyrn sits inside, apparently unguarded, oddly enough.

"Greetings. I hope you'll be more forthcoming with your information here than you were with the diplomatic office...I'm told you were quite stubborn."

Conveniently, Major Xanatov is probably off-duty or something right now. She would probably be storming in screaming about daemons otherwise.
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Spire Office

If there's a chair large enough to accommodate her, Jezebel will sit down, but if not, she'll stay standing. "Perhaps a little too much so, I admit, but I think we can both appreciate getting results is the important aspect of our positions. And I figured I'd tell you personally rather than over any line that could potentially be watched." The Daemon admits with a small smile.

She leans back into the chair, setting her hands in her lap as she looks Vyrn over, analyzing his entire visual being with a methodical gaze.

"Why do you stick to Inside? Is it sentimentality about what happened before the coup occurred? It's a perfectly fine reason, but I wonder why you continue to waste your time here, aiming to try and take over a city like this when it is already fairly controlled and happy. There is a better place to begin anew if that's what you're wishing to do. A place that, perhaps, people can call you Emperor again, or at the very least President."

The Past

"This is incomplete." Blu points out. "I can sense it. I don't know how many more pieces there might be, but there are some. Think there's a way we can track and locate similar energy sources?" She asks in wonder, mind racing ahead of the moment.
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2013-09-24 at 10:04 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Orc in the Playground

[Spire Office]

It seems Vyrn was kind enough to have a chair brought in since he knew she was going to show up. How polite of him.

When he speaks, it is with a calm determination. There is no fire in his voice, only certainty. "I have no intentions of conquering this city again, unless the situation deteriorates that it is the only possible method of safeguarding it. What I am chiefly concerned with is my legacy, Ms. Tel'Vree.

I was prepared to live the rest of my days in obscurity, but as I watched, I saw Remnant stagnating, being content with things as they were, never moving forward except on the rare occasions the Council managed to stop bickering amongst itself. So I am here again now, to make progress whether they like it or not, whether they trust me or not. I will not sit back and watch as Vasquez and the Council run all I built into the ground. It would be an affront to all that I am. I will not abandon this city."
    Vyrn finishes his little speech about his motives calmly, without bothering with any emotional high notes, with only the same tone he started with.

"All that said, I am still listening."

[Past-Sanctuary Armory]

Cross shrugs. "You would need someone better-versed in these things than myself, who could follow the 'links' it has. I can't, myself, but I'll send word to the Commander. He'll be interested in finding out more about it, and I'm sure he can put resources towards it."
    Last edited by Darkcomet; 2013-09-24 at 10:30 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

Spire Office

"I didn't mean to imply that you would have to abandon Inside, but perhaps put your aim elsewhere as well." Jezebel corrects herself. "I'm already sure you're aware of Riverside?" She asks rhetorically. "While my main body of my faction is living there, and we're trying to correct things when faults come up, I get the sense that the governing bodies simply don't wish for anything to happen. Be it good or bad. Much like perhaps this one, though the circumstances are different." She admits with a small shrug.

"At least here Remnant defends the city as a whole. In Riverside, factions had been vying for control, watching their own borders, and not caring about what might occur elsewhere in the city. It wasn't until AMEN's attack that they banded together. But even now, I don't see such a peace lasting."

At that, Jezebel takes a deep breath and lets out a sigh. "Which is why I've come to you. Someone who can and will protect a city. While my group is moderately powerful, we lack the numbers to protect more than a small area, so there isn't much I can do about it except talk to an outsider. It'd be fairly simple for you to take over as well. Not entirely easy, but certainly a simpler time than you had here initially. The general populace might even cheer for you."

Past - Armoury

At that, Blu offers the device back. "Is there anything else that I'm needed for?"

14. - Top - End - #44
    Orc in the Playground

[Spire Office]

Vyrn frowns. "Riverside has been...disappointing. They had AMEN cornered, and yet they let them camp out there, when they had their own forces and Watchtower support ready to deal what would've been at least a crippling blow to them. Yet, despite how AMENites are clearly not ones to sit back and be content with anything, they let them go. A severe mistake, in my mind.

All that said, you have my interest. I believe greater unity can only help the Nexus as a whole, and I think the Riverside factions' coordination against AMEN proves that. As you say, the problem is that they will not remain together. So please, go on. I wish to hear your full proposal."

[Past-Sanctuary Armory]

The Chief Engineer takes the artifact. "Negative, beyond your usual duties."
    Last edited by Darkcomet; 2013-09-24 at 11:16 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

Spire Office

"First, there's the issue of Southside as it is. I plan on getting the other factions to support my own take over of the place, with a little side-help, with the promise that I keep what I take over." Jezebel admits. "I might need a little support in doing so from you, but either way, after that is done, I would like to invite you to build your own Dock there in my domain. With that as a staging area, it'd be easy for you to gain popularity throughout Riverside. Especially if you're charitable to the underclasses in West and North. I doubt they're entirely too happy with vampires as their rulers. You'd have to send out feelers to make sure though."

"After that, it's known that Eastside holds elections. If you provide enough incentive to the populace, you could eventually gain power there as well. This isn't exactly a quick route to such, but it is a more sure one."

16. - Top - End - #46
    Orc in the Playground

[Spire Office]

"Military support for such a thing is...questionable, though more political maneuvers are likely to go ignored by Vasquez and the Council. That said, I must ask what else you would want in return." Vyrn quite specifically does not make a decision just yet, expecting her to elaborate first.

Probably wise of him.
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

Spire Office

"Several things. First and most importantly though, I want religious acceptance. Let's be honest, both of us know what it's like to be unfairly prosecuted simply based on image. In my case, the image is mostly deserved due to other worshipers, but not in my case. As it stands, it won't be too long before Eastside's Hunters decide to take a closer look at my Temple. While I don't practice most of the unsavory things such as slavery, they'd find some excuse to burn the place down. I know how such organizations work. As long as such religions like my own keep their headquarters in Southside and keep the majority of unscrupulous activities from happening or at least behind closed doors, we'd appreciate little interference." Jezebel explains before frowning a little.

"Mind if I ask for some tea or other drink? Anything's fine."
    She admits before continuing. "Second, I'd like to be an official advisor, minimum. I'm not someone who'll allow herself to be sidelined. Not when I'm the one that's trying to unify things there. I don't wish to rule the city, but I certainly wish to keep a hand in things."

"And while I can probably think of more later, for now, my final request is that we have more meetings. I enjoy intelligent conversation and it's hard to find these days."

18. - Top - End - #48
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Spire Infirmary]

Being the one due for an examination, Ghoul followed the droid and waited for whatever medical official would show up. It felt a bit... Wrong to be open about her condition although she hadn't said anything that her sire had prohibited... Which was a lot, really, but at least she could communicate the basics when necessary.

In any case, the muse would be left with an entire minute of free time before the scheduled examination was to start. Which, really... It probably wasn't worth more than maybe queuing up a search for more about this Tchaikovsky person she had been listening to earlier.

And then she found the 1812 overture. She didn't have any idea what the number was in reference to but she couldn't deny that there was a wonderful style to the composition.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Orc in the Playground

[Spire Office]

"I'm aware of your religion's...reputation. Major Xanatov, one of our pilots, has gone on at length on the subject. I haven't seen any sign of much of what she described, however." Huh, Vyrn does know about that. "As such, I see no reason religious acceptance is unreasonable..."

Vyrn hits a button on the console he's sitting behind. "Tea, please, whatever variety you wish to throw in, she didn't specify."

"And I can always appreciate having more perspectives on many matters, especially when those perspectives don't have personal problems with me like...well, half the others involved in politics. But I'm sure you understand that problem just as well as I do."

[Infirmary]

As it turns out, the droid is the important medical officer. It has little rank marks on it, too.

"Activating scan." It seems to just be looking at her. Though with its odd design it's a bit hard to tell if the floating thing is looking at anything. It's actually using an advanced medical scanner to get a good idea of Ghoul's physiology, and find any (read: the many) irregularities.
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

20. - Top - End - #50

[Infirmary]

Well this would be one heck of a haul for the scanner. The most prominent thing would likely be the fact that she was at least forty percent cybernetic with a range of symbiotic internal devices that ranged from a cyberneticly enhanced brain, nerves, and musculature to sub-dermal armor and skeletal hardpoints to more than a few extra sensors. That mixed in with a pair of nanomechanical colonies devoted towards repairs of both biological and mechanical parts as well as several small but situationally useful augmentations would make it clear that this was a person who was clearly wanting to be prepaired for anything.

Of course, what came next was the more mystical readout seeing that the Nexus had decided that she clearly didn't have enough oddness about her. It was rather odd, though, as while it clearly marked her as a vampire without question, there was a very muddled distinction between it and what could possibly be portrayed as some kind of fae taint as if one was powering the other. Which was doing which was the question, though.

And finally, almost as a footnote, would be an odd enchantment that seemed to be inherent. A small thing that had been won in the hunting grounds which allowed her to stick to surfaces like a spider or certain kinds of lizards could. It seemed a bit trivial in comparison to the rest but there it was.

As for the muse herself, Ghoul simply remained patiently still as the scan proceeded. No sense messing it up, after all.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

Spire Office

The comments about her religion make the daemon frown. "Perhaps I should clarify things about my temple." She admits before leaning back in her seat a bit. "The most common belief is that Slaanesh represents Excess. Sex, Gluttony, Drugs, anything like that if it can be overdone. The common Slaanesh Cultist you'll see most places is an addict of some form or other. They have no regard for their physical or mental well-being except in cases when their crutch has been kicked out from beneath them. And then they're simply blubbering insane fools who'll do anything to have it back." Jezebel explains with clear distaste.

"Those who are unable to control themselves disgust me." She says with a scowl. "To give into such desires all the time, without thought or shred of control or constraint, isn't worship. That's simply when you use a god as an excuse to do what you want. Worship should mean something. It should be an offering, a ritual, not some side-effect of falling to your most base of emotions."

"My temple follows the belief that Slaanesh represents sensation and experiences instead. The search for the forever new and unique. That's what I believe in, and that's why you don't see my cult going around in a rampage enslaving people."

22. - Top - End - #52
    Orc in the Playground

[Spire Office]

"I apologize if I was unclear. I agree with the sentiment completely. I know the type very well, as my own homeland had many of them. I don't speak of it much, but I was technically a major religious figure there as well, from a line thought descended from a goddess. Many lesser nobles, and even some of my relatives used it all for nothing but personal power, instead of building anything worthwhile." Vyrn frowns briefly. "It happens with most any religion or even secular cause, and only drags them toward destruction."

[Infirmary]

"Please provide any relevant details regarding implant care and unique dietary needs, such as frequency and necessary amounts," the medical droid monotonously states. "Also provide information on subtype of vampirism and its limitations."
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

23. - Top - End - #53

[Infirmary]

Well this was going to be slightly awkward.

"Implants are a part of a self-maintenance system. Upkeep requirements negligible when provided with a standard diet. Best I can tell, blood from any decently healthy person will cater to all necessary needs for upkeep as well. Daily blood requirement is roughly 500-750 mL depending on activity with potentially more depending on circumstances and injury." she said, fudging the numbers a bit upwards simply because she felt she could get away with it. Besides, military personnel and the like did have a higher calorie intake than most people so really she was just taking into consideration all relevant factors.

"As for type and limitations... I can't provide that information..." she said, the compulsion her Sire had planted to keep sensitive information secret flaring up. Of course, there was a little bit of simply not knowing in there as well but it wasn't in the majority. They'll be able to figure out the sunlight thing quick enough so... Well, it wouldn't really be saying anything that couldn't be directly observed in that case. And it would be a hindrance if it came up unexpectedly.. "Although... Direct sunlight will hamper all abilities and daylight hours induce a state similar to minor sleep deprivation regardless of exposure." she said. Again, it would show up anyway and there wasn't any reason to hand out any other weaknesses. Ghoul hoped that would be enough for now, though.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

Spire Office

Jezebel gives a small and apologetic nod. "It seems to happen quite commonly, yes. It is one of the reasons I've left the world I'd been born to. If you've heard of my religion, I'm sure you've heard of the...zeal that worship of The God-Emperor seems to instill in his followers." She says with a sigh and shake of her head. "It is why I've asked for acceptance first." The Daemon admits.

"Is it also agreeable that I won't be put on the sidelines? After all, I must look out for my own people as well."

25. - Top - End - #55

[Rec Room]

You know what's awesome?

The rec room of futuristic paramilitary organizations are awesome. Because there's no better place to find cool people doing cool things.

Take Allomyrina, for instance.

While the athletic human woman certainly isn't super human by any stretch of the imagination, she's still quite diligent with her work-out. One would think that she would just crash after a day's work keep Inside safe, but instead she hits the gym like clockwork.

After all, you never know when something awful might require you to really test your limits. That's just the sort of place the Nexus is.

At the moment she's running the treadmill, her flame-red hair bouncing behind her.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

26. - Top - End - #56

[The Phone Lines]

A signal comes sizzling through whatever counts as the public office phone lines, likely sending a phone off ringing.

It would likely be rather annoying to just leave there.

And maybe a little rude unless everyone was either dead or engaged in an all hands emergency.

Still..

Someone should probably answer that.

27. - Top - End - #57

[Phone Line in a Boring Office Somewhere]

The phone rings.

Twice.

Exactly twice. Then it is answered.

"Altaran Irregulars Skyway Office, this is Fred. How may I direct your call?"

Fred is a pretty bog standard human with a pretty bog standard job. He answers calls over the public line and does other not particularly compelling office stuff.

He wouldn't trade his job for anything.

Desk jobs are way better than getting chased by slathering monsters jobs.

28. - Top - End - #58

Immediately after Fred had introduced himself, a whispering voice on the other line launched into a rapid explanation. "I have only 330 seconds before I'm found out. I don't care who hears me as long as the information I have gets sent to the right people. Magtok is acting out of line, here! I have information that can maybe stop him but only if someone listens to what I have to say. I'm fairly certain he has Remnent's lines bugged so you guys are the last ones I can turn to!"

A ragged breath came out of the speaker before the voice continued. "315 seconds now. Tell me you will listen or get me someone who will right now. Please. I need your help." the voice said. It seems Fred's day just got a lot more interesting...
    Last edited by Terumitsu; 2013-10-10 at 10:59 PM.

29. - Top - End - #59

Fred doesn't start freaking out.

Why?

Because the public office line gets prank calls pretty regularly.

"I see, ma'am," Fred replies. "That sounds very serious. This call is being recorded, so feel free to relay the information. I'll make sure it gets to where it needs to go."

He's almost dead sure this is a prank call.

The Irregulars aren't the police force, at least not in an official capacity. They still do defense things, but a high powered Council Member? That's Remnant business.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Orc in the Playground

[Rec Room]

Sometime in the past, Balthazar walks in, a towel in one hand, a small metal weight in the other. His eyes widen slightly in surprise when he sees the red head on the treadmill.

"Oh, hello. I...didn't realize there was anyone else in here."

He coughs slightly, a tad flustered. He liked exercising by himself.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quotes:
    Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post
    Wikipedia NEVER had me busy for a whole day the way TV Tropes did. If Wikipedia is a Time Killer, TV Tropes is a Time Genocider.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    If you squint really hard, this is the plot of the Command & Conquer: Red Alert series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97
    Is the entirety of WoD made up of small decrepid ghost towns?

Inigo Montoya avatar by Serpentine.