Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default The Cultists of the Imprisoned OOC

Hello game 1ers. This is the place for...
    Screw it you lot know what an OOC is for

Ill post the IC when everyone checks in.
    Please entertain yourselves in the meantime waiting for the others. Try not to break anything, thats what the IC is for
    Why dont you post some of your capabilities, personality etc. for the rest to start building pans around?
    Due to mental stuff in my head I find it hard to understand normal human behaviour.
    If I do something wrong PM me what is wrong. And do not be subtle, I need a kick in the pants sometimes to realize Im a jerk.

I'm on holiday. Internet acces only on my phone for a week. If I don't respond I blame that

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The Cultists of the Imprisoned OOC

Quick post because I noticed [before you posted in recruitment no less] before I go to sleep :P.

Anyhow, checking in, I'll attach sheets latter.
    Oh, and I speak in purple.
    My Homebrew Sig.

Woo, I have a Quote.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonwolf727 View Post
    To avoid harming the sanity of the DM I can no longer:

* Cast flesh to stone on a annoying Druid
    ** Cast Rock to mud on a Druid statue
    *** Scoop mud into little ceramic pots
    **** Plant tree's in individual ceramic pots
    ***** Claim that I have helped them become one with nature
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Congrats, you made me laugh hard enough to draw my family's attention.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

"Humans check in. They don't check out."

Yorrick Lamont - Yorrick for friends. Lord Lamont for formality.

Yorrick is a gentleman mercenary. He is no jack of all trades, for sure, but in general he can strong-arm people with the right skills into performing the jobs he (or whoever hires him) wants performed. As it turns out, most people are dead afraid of being digested alive.

His particular areas of expertise are infiltration and assassination. Burrow in, swallow target whole, burrow out. Even if they manage to grapple their way out of his stomach, they will just end up six feet under solid earth, so dead anyway. Unless they can teleport, that is.

Other than that, Yorrick is a powerful frontline fighter capable of driving his enemies into a mindless, murderous rage, inciting panic and breaking the limbs of his victims.

Other abilities he possesses include making tunnels through which individuals can move inconspicuously, carrying creatures safely inside his stomach, tracking through scent, building things out of this goop that comes out of the end of his tail, mainly armor, relocating castles through muscle power alone and cooking delicious meals.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Will link sheet later, but will speak in dark slate grey.
    Last edited by Grimsage Matt; 2013-08-24 at 04:14 PM.
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

No! Someone is using darkslategrey! Oh well, I'll use Cyan

Stuff Selrik can do, teleport himself short distances, have a decently survivable scout, deal decent damage to many people at the cost of three power points and a move action, deal damage to single targets, heal himself, heal himself of ability drain... Yeah he's not the best team player.

But at twelfth level he'll be able to revivify those dead for a short period of time.
    The proper response to a Barbarians riddle is to choke on your cleverness and die!!!

I would just like to point out that my ghost will be both angry and vengeful, and will retain all of my spellcasting powers -

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Matt Roseheart Unseelie Fae of Winter.

What I can do? I can talk to things. Greater Telepathy is good for that. With very, very good skills at minpulation and neagotation, I don't need to be very good in combat. Rather, I just have to talk to something to turn it from a angery beast intent on eating me to being my lackey with a few words. Or maybe turn the animals and birds into spies? And best of all, no magic would be required, no magic for the forces of good to dispel. I bring out the inner seed of darkness, and make it grow into a twisted tree of shadows, blood, and darkness.

Anycase, I'm a face/SLA specailist who will be picking up more SLA's as we level. I'll be able to get Raise Dead soon enough (it still has its meterial componet BTW), as well as planar binding.

About me fighting style... wondering if I could fight people in a mindscape/dream world type thing if I pick up some feats SLA's/PLA's? Basiclly, it could turn my fights from physical ones (which I don't do anyway), to cerberal ones, where I turn the heros fears and desires against them.

Peronsality wise, I'm an unseelie winter fae. I'm aloof, reserved, have a cold and cruel streak, and have an often macbe sense of humor. I don't really value "mortals" lives overmuch, execpt as it benifits me. The only ones I would view as equals would be real long lived races (Elans, Dragons, some Giants and mortal fae such as Uldra). Races that I respect? Fey, Non-Fire Elementals and Outsiders.

The only ones I show warmth, love and affection to are my family, they are the only ones whose well being I'd be concered about. Ya, keeping you alive would be a sound desision and would benifit me over the long run, but for the most part? It's not like your kind lives that long anyway.

And a small thing about long term goals. Yours might be a few years. Mine will take generations to fully achive. Ya, there are shorter term goals, but I'm trying to think long term.
    Last edited by Grimsage Matt; 2013-08-24 at 08:53 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #7

Father Mara, a straight Human Plague Doctor. He has the skills to be a secondary face, after Grim, but primarily serves as a medic and poisoner. He can heal HP damage, Ability Damage, various conditions (dazed, exhausted, fatigued, paralyzed, and stunned), and can stabilize a dying creature with only a touch, all in combat or out. He also has a potion that can grant a Strength bonus in exchange for exhaustion after it's duration is up.

In terms of actual damage capabilities, he can add precision damage to attacks with a successful Heal check as a swift action, can activate his Wand of Wraithstrike as a swift action to bypass armor, or use his class' bloodtoxins (which are basically uber poisons). And, of course, use poisons from the fix we're using, of which he has a full arsenal. He also has Poison Immunity, the Sleight of Hand, and the Bluff necessary to have some fun with ingested poisons.

Personality-wise, he's actually kind of a nice guy. He's a cultist because he (semi-rightly) blames the gods for the death of his family, in addition to thinking that with the evil gods being out of their imprisonment, the rest of them would be distracted enough to allow scientists like him to actually pursue knowledge, as well as having less control over society which may help progress. He feels rather guilty about these thoughts, but the dark gods have chosen him for his talent at poisons and medicine, in addition to his role as a scholar of Kilito, which the imprisoned ones hope can be leveraged usefully. And because he's likely relatively easily corruptible, but they trust he'll serve their cause as best he can whether he actually turns evil or not. In terms of selfishness over altruism. He's certainly evil in alignment terms for his willingness to kill and poison to further his goals, he just thinks he's doing it for the greater good.
    Last edited by Nemesis67; 2013-08-24 at 07:18 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Everyones checked in, IC thread should be soon.

So, whats some of the short term goals/plans? Ya, we need to free the dark gods, but doing so will be problematic.

And since we happen to be starting off, we'll need a power base, or at the very least a good spy network, to fund operations and deal with problems later.

So, anyone got any ideas?

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

*clears throat* YEsssSsss, gloryyyyyysssss for myyyyy massterssss.

Aggro: sCreAmmmmmm unTiL yoU bLeeD. BLeeding pReY MaKes gReaT moRseLs, hisssssss.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2013-08-24 at 09:46 PM.
    "Everything in creation is flawed. Humans don't need to be mentioned. Air, intent, and even time. My eyes can see the death of things. They're special, like yours. So I can kill anything that lives. Even if that thing is God."

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

Well, you've got the hlooks, the hlookers and the charm person, so you deal with the fašade.

Mara is clearly our clergy in-between.

Me? I practically can't be tracked. I am a bully, and I can move easily and undetected through places. So I think I get to deal with the dark, contact the criminals, shake down the seedy disreputables. At least the ones our Disciple can't hook up on demon-vampire meth.

Nothing puts the fear of god in people like giant monsters.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

11. - Top - End - #11

DwarfClericGuy

I'm going to assassinate the king, and put someone from the group in charge. We don't need no dominate spells that way...

Or I'll just go on a few murder sprees for bonus power points. D-door in and out of the city.

Also I figured we'd use your stronghold as a base.
    Last edited by Clarkson; 2013-08-25 at 12:12 AM.
    The proper response to a Barbarians riddle is to choke on your cleverness and die!!!

I would just like to point out that my ghost will be both angry and vengeful, and will retain all of my spellcasting powers -

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Clarkson View Post
    I'm going to assassinate the king, and put someone from the group in charge. We don't need no dominate spells that way...

Or I'll just go on a few murder sprees for bonus power points. D-door in and out of the city.

Also I figured we'd use your stronghold as a base.
    My stronghold is a small house that Yorrick uses more as a mailing address than an actual house. I don't think he can actually comfortably live in it, even. Actually, he could probably haul it on his back, I bet.

Unless you are talking about the miles of tunnels and chambers he's probably dug under it in his free time.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

13. - Top - End - #13

DwarfClericGuy

I was talking about Grimsage's mansion.

But having a cave lair would be nice. And not at all cliched.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

... His manor is also a one-room house (far as living quarters are concerned). So your options are the servant's quarters or sharing a bunk with the incestuous host.

Neither are an option for Yorrick because he is kind of large. Innuendo.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Ya, sleeping at my place would be akward. Besides the quarters for me and my sisters, there's the butlers room and the maids chambers. Two rooms free if you don't mind them being slightly lower quality... And being near three humans.

Note to self, hire neathrhals and/or frostfolk if belkar is staying at the mansion...

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #16

DwarfClericGuy

For 1 PowerPoint and a shard of wood I can make a bedstand as long as it doesn't exceed 8 cubic feet.

I'm sure someone can rustle something up for the other parts

To the ninja: For now Selrik is just staying at the inn. No need to hire outside your species group, unless you invite him.
    Last edited by Clarkson; 2013-08-25 at 12:55 AM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Eh, we should have some sleeping furs laying around. Just remember, you a guest, and we are objlicated be be decent hosts. Unless you murder the servents. Or the tax payers.

And if you guys want rooms, just look me up in my study and I'll make arangements to have extra rooms built for you. You have to pay, but it's cheaper then rent.

Edit; I was going to have to hire slightly more cold resistant servents anyway. It's just that nethrals are stupid, hardy, but stupid, and Frostfolk are 4HD monstrus humanoids, meaning they would be more expensive.
    Last edited by Grimsage Matt; 2013-08-25 at 01:12 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #18

DwarfClericGuy

Or we could have Yorrick dig us a cave network, give each of us a cavern, and then have beds made for those of us with nowhere else. I should also be able to make cushions, but that would probably require a craft check. Also, if anyone needs poisons in a round, just get me some of whatever it's made out of.

Plans: I wouldn't mind if we did create a lair, with passages running under the city. Quick pop up, raise a little mayhem, then disappear. Block off the tunnels periodically, and we shouldn't have a problem.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Due to mental stuff in my head I find it hard to understand normal human behaviour.
    If I do something wrong PM me what is wrong. And do not be subtle, I need a kick in the pants sometimes to realize Im a jerk.

I'm on holiday. Internet acces only on my phone for a week. If I don't respond I blame that

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Should I swear my allegiance to someone else?
    "Everything in creation is flawed. Humans don't need to be mentioned. Air, intent, and even time. My eyes can see the death of things. They're special, like yours. So I can kill anything that lives. Even if that thing is God."

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Eh your there because one of the 5 brought you along.
    No offence but since you decided to not be important, well you arent.
    You are a human-controlled NPC

Though it does provide me a way of demonstrating the effects of giving power to NPCs.

22. - Top - End - #22

DwarfClericGuy

So we get one level for each one we corrupt, not counting this one, or the last one, and the last one ends the campaign?

Just a random thought.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

You get BOONS when you corrupt Anchors.
    Not levels.

Levels come from standard beating people up and taking their stuff
    Corrupting Anchors lets you do more powerful Rituals and grants SLAs and other abilities if you ask for them

Right now the Ability is to be undetectable to Divine Unimprisoned sight and to give that to others

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

Rhymes.

The mark of true evil.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

I'm fine sleeping in a cave that I furnish later.
    At the moment, I think I might be 'visiting' and sleeping at a inn.
    Anyhow, time to catch up.

As for abilities, I'm a wizard/warlock who can forcably corrupt several people. And until I make up characters all my coven slots are technically open.
    My Homebrew Sig.

Woo, I have a Quote.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonwolf727 View Post
    To avoid harming the sanity of the DM I can no longer:

* Cast flesh to stone on a annoying Druid
    ** Cast Rock to mud on a Druid statue
    *** Scoop mud into little ceramic pots
    **** Plant tree's in individual ceramic pots
    ***** Claim that I have helped them become one with nature
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Congrats, you made me laugh hard enough to draw my family's attention.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Vale View Post
    I'm fine sleeping in a cave that I furnish later.
    At the moment, I think I might be 'visiting' and sleeping at a inn.
    Anyhow, time to catch up.

As for abilities, I'm a wizard/warlock who can forcably corrupt several people. And until I make up characters all my coven slots are technically open.
    *Fingers cross* MaSsterR, TheRe's deLiCiousNesssss OveR tHeRe. cAN I sTaB, sTaB?

27. - Top - End - #27

DwarfClericGuy

Am I even allowed to manifest stuff like that on myself? Seems like that could get broken...

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

By RAW? I think it's legal (would have to check).

Also, the good father was the last to offer blood to our dark lord and ladies.

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #29

I think you can? I recall a friend doing that in a campaign. Just saying "See ya" and vanishing for the combat.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

So, anyone intrested in fine wint in a unseelie fae castle? Well, mansion. Still got a few levels to go till it's a castle.

Spoiler
    Show