New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Remnant IV

Outside the Common Room

Magtok raises an eyebrow at one or two of them, but doesn't say anything. Sunny has a rather odd-looking security detail.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

2. - Top - End - #242
    Troll in the Playground

Outside the Common Room

Sunny unconsciously places her hand on her own engineering hammer, but otherwise doesn't acknowledge the people gathered. She doesn't really understand religion, and is rather uncomfortable about the cult that has sprung up around her.

"I need to tell Carl. How long will it take?"
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

3. - Top - End - #243

Outside the Common Room

"As long as the Magbots need to negotiate their way past security without being forced to let the door guards have a look inside their lead-lined suitcase. You've got plenty of time."

Magtok can't imagine the Remmies are going to take too kindly to that, but hopefully they know him well enough by now to understand he wouldn't take advantage of the situation with Sunny to smuggle in a-

Magtok shakes his head, and sighs. No, of course he won't be that lucky. She was his intern, his prized pupil and greatest successor, and yet here we are with all these spooks, watching him for a weapon or a bomb or some other dastardly trick. Blargh, if only there was...I dunno, a reverse mind-reading helmet he could 'accidentally' wear or something, so these little mix-ups and misreading of intentions could be avoided.
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

4. - Top - End - #244
    Troll in the Playground

Hallways

"We could go to your Cave,"
    Sunny suggests, as she takes her phone out and begins texting a message to Carl.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

5. - Top - End - #245

Hallways

"I could completely forget you're not attached to the hip to this base, and you could remind me, and we could do that, yeah," Magtok replies with a sheepish grin as they shift direction, more than a little ashamed this didn't occur to him sooner. The cyborg's not entirely sure when the student became the master, but there's no denying that it happened. It's taking longer than it should, but he's finally, gradually coming to terms with it, with as much grace as he can muster.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

6. - Top - End - #246
    Troll in the Playground

Hallways

Sunny sends a text to Carl.

Spoiler: Text msg
    Show
    I am going to the MagCave to get a chip to preserve my memories. I don't know how long it will take. I love you. Give kisses to Luke.

Because he's not going to freak out that his wife is having spontaneous brain surgery.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

7. - Top - End - #247

Hallways

Well Magtok doesn't look over Sunny's shoulder while she texts, and he's certainly not going to worry about what needless fears others might have about something that's practically routine to him, so Carl's concerns don't even occur to him as a possibility.

To the MagMobile, let's go!
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

8. - Top - End - #248

After a night of rest, Iamar is ready to be shown her new equipment. She's looking for where Vasquez might be.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground

Vas' Office

The Commander is in her Office at the moment, frowning over a stack of paperwork as she jams it into her computer at an abominably slow pace. It's a wonder she doesn't have a secretary do this for her, but some things are likely just for her eyes only. When the assassin walks in, Vasquez nods towards the chair opposite of her. "Take a seat. I need just a moment and then I'll get you your clearance for your modified equipment locker. Any questions for the moment though?" She asks before jamming at her keyboard with a couple fingers and a sigh without giving the visitor a glance.

10. - Top - End - #250

Vas' Office

"Do you know where my own weapons are stored?" Iamar asks.She looks at the keyboard, still utterly mystified by computers in general.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

Vas' Office

"Your equipment is currently in The Armoury."
    Vasquez says before sighing and pushing her keyboard away. "Alice'll kill me if I don't get these reports done, but I can just blame you." She says with a wry smile before getting up and plucking her hat from the top of the computer and putting it on. "You'll have access to special equipment from this point on as well, but I'll go over all that you don't know once we get there." The Commander explains as she tilts her head for Iamar to follow.

12. - Top - End - #252

Vas' Office

Iamar nods and stands up as well. She turns from the desk and waits for Vasquez to head out. The light joke apparently flew over her head, or she just doesn't respond to it.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground

Vas' Office => Armoury

Iamar might remember the name as the officer who is practically Vasquez' second in command and is also the one who writes her name on the paychecks.

They get to the armoury unless Iamar stops them, and once there Iamar's commanding officer will guide her through a pair of security doors to a room filled with black lockers. "Go to number 89 and type 0000# on the keypad. Then type your own four digit code. The only people able to override it are myself and a pair of others. Once done, we'll take out your equipment and go over it."

14. - Top - End - #254

Armoury

Iamar walks to the indicated locker as she's told. She's thankful that the languages here at least used numbers she could read, so she isn't completely lost. After a few seconds of consideration, she punches in the zeroes, followed by her own code.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Bugbear in the Playground

Main Gate

Ezra approaches the gate!
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2013-12-27 at 11:47 PM.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

16. - Top - End - #256
    Titan in the Playground

[Gates]

Ezra is greeted by a pair of guards-duty soldiers with assault rifles, like everyone.

"Please state your business, ma'am."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

17. - Top - End - #257

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Gates]

Ezra is greeted by a pair of guards-duty soldiers with assault rifles, like everyone.

"Please state your business, ma'am."
    I wish to request protection.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Titan in the Playground

[Gates]

"Protection for what and from what, ma'am?" the guard asks impassively.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

19. - Top - End - #259

[Gates]

"Protection for what and from what, ma'am?" the guard asks impassively.
    I'm an escaped slave with no combat skills whatsoever. I need protection in case my former master wishes to hurt or recapture me.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

20. - Top - End - #260
    Titan in the Playground

[Gates]

"Have you considered going to the Good League of Good or the Heroic Anti-Lawbreaking Organization? GLoG is known for housing and sheltering escaped slaves, and both organization help anyone who asks. If you tell us the identity of your former owner, we can apprehend them if they enter the city of Inside, or put a bounty on them," the guard explains.

21. - Top - End - #261

[Gates]

"Have you considered going to the Good League of Good or the Heroic Anti-Lawbreaking Organization? GLoG is known for housing and sheltering escaped slaves, and both organization help anyone who asks. If you tell us the identity of your former owner, we can apprehend them if they enter the city of Inside, or put a bounty on them," the guard explains.
    His name is Fenris Eyrecrad.
    Ezra leaves
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2013-12-29 at 12:04 PM.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    Armoury

Iamar walks to the indicated locker as she's told. She's thankful that the languages here at least used numbers she could read, so she isn't completely lost. After a few seconds of consideration, she punches in the zeroes, followed by her own code.
    Armoury

A moment later the locker opens, revealing a suit of a light absorbing black material and composite armor plate waiting for her. Next to it are her usual weapons though they've been coated with enamel to match the darker coloring. "Go ahead and put on the suit, make sure it fits right, and then I'll explain the other equipment that's waiting."

23. - Top - End - #263

Armoury

Iamar takes a glance at her weapons, seeing how their appearance had been changed. She didn't like it, but she supposed it wasn't exactly her choice anymore. She nods to Vasquez and takes the suit, figuring out how exactly to put on such a strange garment. It's a few moments before she changes into the black suit.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

Armoury

The suit is skin tight but Iamar will feel that it is quite comfortably warm and that it doesn't wrinkle up in the joints that would make it rub or chafe. Not only that, but if she looks closely, she'll see that the material flickers into translucency sometimes. "It's an enhanced Wraith Variant." Vasquez says before offering a helmet to the assassin. "It allows personal cloaking and has a sound dampening field that can be activated. It hides body heat and bio-electrical signals as well." She explains with a small smile. "The helmet grants various vision spectra, enhanced sensory input, and targeting assists as well if you hook a pistol into the dataport at the wrist." The Commander says, pointing at the appropriate slot. "The material is a special weave that is bullet, temperature, slashing, and piercing resistant. The composite plate is even more so. The Enamel coating is actually several coatings that can be realigned by the same electrical current that allows cloaking. But if you prefer not to cloak and need to only change your appearance..." She starts before trying to take Iamar's left wrist and pointing at a small dial before spinning it a click to change the entire suit to white, then blue, then a series of camouflage patterns. Even her weapons will change colors.

25. - Top - End - #265

Armoury

Iamar does her best to understand the explanation. She's been in the Nexus awhile, but high-tech things are still mind-boggling for her. Still, she manages to get the gist of it. She takes the helmet, and puts it on. When Vasquez takes her wrist and changes the colors, she looks at her sword with some level of surprise. "This suit is incredible," she says, unsure of how her voice filters through the helmet. Before this, she had only worn some leather armor when on assignment, because the really protective armor was too clunky and noisy. This, though, was a whole different story.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

Armoury

Vasquez can't help but smile a little at that. "We do our best. It should also be noted that you'll be able to see other cloaked personnel so there's no risk of friendly fire." She explains. "Any questions about the suit itself?"

27. - Top - End - #267

Armoury

Iamar doesn't have too many questions that would be practical to ask. She'd like to know how it worked, but that would probably just confuse her more. "Can it still house my wristblade?" she asks.

28. - Top - End - #268

Front Gate

Oh look, Magtok's back. Again.

He's flanked by a pair of Magbots this time around, though. Expecting trouble, maybe. Or asking for it, one or the other.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground

Armoury

"As long as whatever it is can be coated in the enamel, it can be cloaked and colored." Vasquez tells Iamar.

Gate

One of the guards holds up a hand to stop Magtok. "The Commander is on her way. Do you need to see anyone else?"

30. - Top - End - #270

Armoury

"Then that is all I have," Iamar says, nodding her head. "Is there anything else I need to know?"