New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Pirates of the Aether II

Rocked by a sudden movement of the ship, Bellamy grabs hold of a low railing, "Hold that thought, General, I think that someone has drunk too many dwarven spirits and taken the wheel. I'd better get up there before anyone falls overboard." He darts up to the main deck to see the captain swooning and the pirate spinning the wheel like a madman. "What's going on here? The ship's in a bad enough way without you turning her over or is this your idea of teaching the crew not to drink?"
    I didn't choose the life of a murderhobo, it chose me.
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

'Alright, Gad, lay off fer now... Master Halliday, please take the wheel if ye would...'

'I dinnae feel meself. I'll go now to check in wit' the healers'.

'Master Saltfoot, ye have the deck'.

Kieran descends below to find the healers and the healing station.

He waits patiently for the healers to check over the other crew first.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092

3. - Top - End - #123
    Firbolg in the Playground

Gadashon said nothing, only bowing slightly to the Captain as he thankfully allowed Halliday to take the helm from him. He knew it would likely be a long time before anyone asked that particular task from him again. The pirate then moved on to helping out somewhere where he could be of more use.
    "There's a beast in every man, and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand."
    - Ser Jorah Mormont
    "I fight... so that you don't have to."
    - Templar Thomas Marshall
    "I am not a warrior." "Very soon... you will be."
    - Conversation between Ahmad ibn Fadlan and Herger the Joyous

4. - Top - End - #124
    Troll in the Playground

"Do you need healing?" Bellamy offers as the two men stagger away from the wheel.
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #125

"Aye, it would be much appreciated, Mister Bellamy. Thank you."

Gadashon found himself a barrel to sit on while the halfling did his work.
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

As soon as the crewman touches the wheel, the Lady's Gambit shudders violently. A loud bang can be heard below, and chunks of the craft can be heard falling off.

The chief engineer runs up to the helm. "No! Stop that!"

The young man jumps back from the wheel. "I didn't do anything!"
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2013-11-19 at 01:45 PM.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

Aimari, having finished her examination of the scrolls and spellbook, is just pulling on her robes as the ship shakes. While she didn't have a problem with staying in burnt clothes and still-hot armor when need be, putting actual clothing back on was nice. Electing to leave her armor behind, Aimari turns to the mirror, making sure her clothing is sitting properly. It wasn't really meant to be worn without armor and was rather thin as a result...Aimari doesn't like the prospect of going topside with just it on. Another issue was her hair - unbraided except for in the front, it needed to be covered.

Grabbing her singed cloak, Aimari solves both of those issues with a single solution, wrapping herself in the thick crimson protection the clothing provides. Sighing - why was it that something was happening already? Normally she'd at least have time to examine some scrolls, a book and change before the next catastrophe came. If this kept up, she'd have to cut her hair. Aimari pushes that prospect out of her mind as she exits her room, making sure to keep the cloak tightly wrapped around her at all times. Climbing up onto the deck, she looks around and hears someone yelling.

Before long, she spots the captain and Gadashon near the wheel, approaching them. Unlike her normal tendency to let her cloak billow out and the sun catch on her armor as she strides across the ship, Aimari is visibly holding her cloak tight against the wind.

"What happened? Is there another disaster?" She asks, gaze going between the two men evenly.

Sighing, she checks to make sure that her hair is at least presentable in the front and pulls on her cloak, deciding that she'd rather be on deck before she's fully dressed than to arrive after something avoidable had already concluded.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.

8. - Top - End - #128

"Nearly so, m'lady.", the pirate managed to jest at his own expense.

"I am afraid that my hands are not so well-attuned to the wheel. Perhaps I was still a bit more shaken from the trials of today than I thought."
    Last edited by Erasmas; 2013-11-19 at 02:47 PM.
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground

"Damn right you were not! The ship nearly nearle collapsed when you star'ed turning like a half dead flumph..." The chief engineer continues to rant incoherently.
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

10. - Top - End - #130

"Perhaps...", Gadashon winced as one of his wounds closed a little more and the muscle beneath reknitted under the halfling's magics.

"... your attentions should have been here, to take the wheel from our Captain, instead of in the bottom of a bottle.", the pirate's words lashed out with venom.
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

"I wasn' drinkin'! I am offended by tha' slanderous accusation! I have a ship to keep together, and we have run outta tape! You had betta rememba who keeps the ship running, rig monkey!" The chief engineer gives a loud sigh. "Cap'n, I am not sure what we can do fer her..."
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2013-11-19 at 03:00 PM.

12. - Top - End - #132

"Good to know that I wasn't the only one who blundered the task assigned to me, eh Mister Bellamy?", Gadashon commented to the halfling, though loud enough for the cantankerous Halliday to hear.
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

Halliday is everything but cantankerous. He is the poor crewman who was at the help when the ship started falling apart. The young man starts bawling. "But I haven' done anything!"
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2013-11-19 at 04:26 PM.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

Before he heads belowdecks, Kieran speaks up.

'Alright, enough recriminations - Aimari, ship's in a bad way, an' I'm nae feelin' good - like I took ill all o' a sudden. Ship's on it's last legs which isnae surprisin', consdierin' the damage it took in our last scrap'.

'Gad, stand down, an' help with the sheets. Aimari lass, could ye kindly take the wheel. Master Saltfoot...excuse me, I dinnae feel so well'.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

"Excuse me, Captain." The lady walks with Keiran. "I do not wish to delay our departure any further. Will ship be able to depart soon? If she can not, I would like to offer you passage in my vessel." There is concern in the lady's voice, but her face is still obscured by her helmet.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2013-11-19 at 07:28 PM.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

'I appreciate the offer. I'm nae gonna deny, the ship's in a bad way...but I'm nae able tae leave the hull or me crew'.

'I dinnae come without ship, and ship doesnae come without me...

'If ye wish us tae get off faster, perhaps ye could lend us any galewood ye might happen tae have so as we can patch up what we can... some spars would be useful too'.

'Erin, Master Stoneforge, can I have a fresh breakdown of exactly what's damaged? We're gonna have tae jury rig what we can'.

'Has anyone seen Melanie? Lass could be useful'.

I miss havin' a engineer that could fly...
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

17. - Top - End - #137
    Troll in the Playground

"No she couldn't."

The whisper carries across the deck from door the leads into the rear of the Gambit, and Kieran catches a momentary glimpse of the young girl, almost a half-sight more than anything else, before the door - only just open - falls shut.
    Last edited by Snowfire; 2013-11-19 at 08:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuintonBeck View Post
    Many thanks to Snowfire for collating all these. He's a madman, but he's a helpful madman.
    Spoiler: Things
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    Damn you Snowfire. I cried.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon777 View Post
    T_T I swear, you just made me cry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Well, here's another for your sig, Snowfire.

<struck dumb>

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

Erin hands Kieran the list of supplies and repairs necessary. "Here you are sir."

19. - Top - End - #139

"Aye, Captain.", was all that Gadashon managed when his orders came down. He bowed a thank you to Bellamy once he had finished casting his spell and then moved over to the rigging. Once there, he instructed Inigo to aid him, and then rapidly climbed up to where the sails were and began working with things that he was much more comfortable with.
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

Aimari sighs at the argument that flares up before her, a look of mild irritation crossing her face before Kieran mentions the wheel. Nodding, she heads over to it, sighing at the realization that she can't continue holding her cloak closed if she's keeping the ship moving in the right direction. As such, she closes her eyes for a moment and draws upon her inner fire, blazing symbols briefly flashing up on her skin. When she opens her eyes, they glow slightly, and Aimari puts both hands on the wheel, the chill of the wing no longer an issue.

Of course, the fact that she's wearing only a thin red robe rather than her normal layered garb is still an annoyance.

Spoiler: DM
    Show
    Casting Endure Elements, taking 10 on Profession (Air Sailor) for 17 total.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Troll in the Playground

A touch is all it takes to fix Gadashon's injury though it seems like a scratch to Bellamy.

He then rushes after Kieran "Captain, if you're not well then you should see a medic. I can magically heal injuries and delay disease and poison but if you're ill you shouldn't be on your own. Let me have a look at you."

Spoiler: Healing
    Show
    Cure Light Wounds from Belt of Healing (1d8)[1]
    Heal check (1d20+3)[21] to diagnose Kieran.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

"Do what you can for him Bellamy, and I'll make sure the Captain gets his rest."

Erin looks concerned as he notices the Captain's newfound awkwardness on deck.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

'Me thanks Erin, Bellamy, Aimari... dinnae worry yeselves about me too much... after all, it's been a long night fer all of us... I expect I'm jus' a little overtired'.

Kieran steadies himself on the railings, looking out over the skysea, and at the land below.

This isn't good. Cap'n needs tae be a tower o' strength fer his crew.

Melanie lass doesnae look too well. Need tae follow that up...as soon as I get a moment.

The condition o' the crew an' Captain mirrors the condition o' the ship... We're holdin' it together by the barest thread.

Ye ken well where this went wrong, an' why ye feel so awful. Once we leave one man behind, we stop bein' a crew...

Kieran speaks softly. 'M'Lady Orleans... can ye tell me how far it is tae yer nearest supply base?'

Kieran looks down at the island, realisation dawning.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

Anjou shakes her head. "The island is two days away... our people don't make a habit of leaving outposts. I'll have an engineer over to see if there's a way to help your ship, but I must stress the urgency of our quest," she says.

She pulls out a wand, flicks her wrist and mutters a short incantation. A pattern of lights, 3 blue and 1 red, appear above her.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2013-11-21 at 09:38 PM.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

Erin reaches out and steadies the Captain.

"Careful Sir."

He turns to the Lady and frowns slightly. His wings shuffle in a slightly agitated fashion.

"Ma'am. We understand things are urgent. We'll do our best to help you if that be our Captain's decision. I must ask that you let the Captain, and our crew, have their rest. We have had a rough time of things and most of us would not be of use presently.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

'Aye, there's some sense in that, Erin'.

Kieran thinks for a moment.

'Alright, stand everyone down but the engineers, the healers an' the cook. Make anchor, an' we'll do our best tae effect what repairs we can'.

'Let the rest o' the crew take a days rest, exceptin' 10 tae keep the usual watches over the ship'.

'Meantime, I need volunteers fer a dangerous expedition'.

Kieran casts an' eye at the distant isle.

'We left a man there, and I'll nae abandon him without at least attemptin' a rescue'.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

"Sir, I would volunteer to go on this expedition. I only say would as I'm unsure as to whether you wish me top stay aboard and aid the engineers. I'm not one myself but I'm rather handy with woodworking."

Spoiler
    Show
    Erin has 7 ranks of Craft (woodworking).
    Last edited by Techwarrior; 2013-11-30 at 09:10 PM.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Troll in the Playground

Bellamy nods at the call for volunteers, as one of the few crew with flight capability he'll no doubt be required to ferry people to land anyway. "We should get a list of equipment and materials to pick up too. We'll be searching anyway."
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

'That's brave of ye lad. Give Master Stoneforge what help ye can an' effect what repairs tae the ship ye are able, while we make ready'.

'Aye, Master Saltfoot. I think the first thing tae do is see if we cannae locate him. O' course, he may already be dead, but those things were much like Barty's servant, an' he seemed tae have a way o' keeping him at bay'.

'If he's alive, we need some way o' attracting his attention - any suggestions?'
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

30. - Top - End - #150
    Troll in the Playground

"Our magical girl is pretty obvious when she wants to be. Subtlety isn't in her vocabulary. If she's the beacon it might keep her out of danger too."
    Spoiler
    Show