New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] The Black Dragon's Den XI

"It just does that because it likes doing it. If I asked Evil to do something it didn't like - swimming, for example, or climbing up rocks - then it wouldn't do it." That seems simple and straightforward enough for Alvilda.

"It likes exploding, though. So it does it. Look, I don't understand how it works; it just does it. Like a Cannon-ball. Cannon-balls don't die when they explode, do they? No, of course not. It must be come sort of robotic thing, though, 'cause robots can explode and still repair themselves."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Halfling in the Playground

[Bar]

The peculiar liquid is inspected cautiously for a moment. She lifts the glass up, takes a sniff, and hesitantly sips it.

And then someone talks to her. She flinches, coughs, and chokes on her drink for a moment. The glass is quickly put down and she quickly turns to face him. "Uh, what? Oh, y-yes. Yes! Of course! I-I'm quite alright, thank you. Really." A blatant lie, her quivering voice makes it painfully obvious that she is not at all fine. Her eyes focus on the floor, unable to look the man in the eye.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmm... I guess Reinholdt's crusade to free all the pokemon slaves will have to wait.
    For now.

"Yeah, but the cannonballs stop existing. So this... Evil Doll is self repairing? The power of regeneration?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Pixie in the Playground

Intriguing... This chap sparks Khyli's curiosity! With a raised eyebrow, Khyli appraises him, looking him up and down then down and up with her brilliant blue eyes, head tilted ever so slightly to the left, before her luscious lips curve into a dazzling smile.

She likes what she sees, and what's more, she likes what she hears.

"Make yourself comfortable, and of course, though I feel that you should be warned beforehand that I take my alcohol pure, without drugs. Now, what's a nice, well-dressed gent like yourself doing in a den of vice and deceit like this, Mister..."

If this handsome man weren't a tiefling, Khyli would postulate that he's attempting to get himself mugged.
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2013-09-23 at 09:24 PM.

5. - Top - End - #95

Well, I'm sure there's enough Pokemon who are commanded to do things they don't like that they should still be freed.

"Yup," replies Alvilda. "It's pretty cool."

Then, the only thing she can add to that is this: "I wish I had a hand-held cannon, though. That would be so useful." I should have her buy one. It's such a good idea and in-character.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

[Bar]

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to startle you." The man apologizes, rubbing the back of his neck. "It's just that you look a bit out of place here and I thought..." He falters and sighs.

"My name's Ciar." He says, extending a hand. "What's yours?"
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

7. - Top - End - #97

[Bar]

With a rather awkward, forced laugh, she shakes his hand. "I am very out of place here, yes. My name is Sahlia. I'm afraid I am rather, um, easily startled at the moment. I've had a very...bad day." Sahlia's voice cracks slightly, and she takes another sip of her drink. "Wasn't sure where to go. What to do. So I came in here in the hope of finding-" She pauses, sniffs, and lets out a faint sob. She slumps on her bar stool, holding her head in her hands, shaking slightly as she cries.
    Last edited by Gnrlshrimp; 2013-09-23 at 09:42 PM.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

"You should go to Erin's Emporium and pick up one. It's where I pick up all my hand held explosive devices. They've got a good selection." Reinholdt suggests.

They even have rocket launchers! I know because Rein blew up GLoG's infirmary with it once. >>
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

"Funny that, I prefer my alcohol without drugs too." He tiefling says with a light chuckle. He seats himself across from her and waves down one of the staff to serve them. "You can call me Darrian. You don't have to worry about me; I can handle myself. I expect you could say the same, miss...?"

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

[Bar]

Oh gods, she's crying. Ciar's eyes go a bit wide in panic. He wasn't used to this. Well, he was, but he was a lot more familiar with that particular person. Strangers were something new.

"Hey... please don't cry. You're safe here. I promise." Though his words start uncertain, his promise is full of conviction. Ciar wouldn't let anything happen to her. She was lucky, too, that the regulars to the Den knew not to prey on helpless women, lest they face the owner's wrath.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

11. - Top - End - #101

[Bar]

"I-I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I shouldn't cry. It's just they...they-" Sahlia takes a deep breath and another sip of her drink, trying to calm herself down.

She can't just sit here and cry. That won't do her any good.

"I'm safe here? You promise?" She asks, looking at him with a pleading look in her eyes, "Y-you promise?" She asks again, more insistently this time.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

[Bar]

"I swear it." Ciar answers, his voice a solid as stone. "I won't let anything bad happen to you. And if you want to talk, I'll listen."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

13. - Top - End - #103

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    "You should go to Erin's Emporium and pick up one. It's where I pick up all my hand held explosive devices. They've got a good selection." Reinholdt suggests.

They even have rocket launchers! I know because Rein blew up GLoG's infirmary with it once. >>
    "You're right; I'll go there ASAP," says the pirate.

((deadtime...))
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

14. - Top - End - #104

[Bar]

This seems to be enough to convince Sahlia...at least for the time being. She finally relaxes slightly, no longer looking so tense that she might spring out of the bar at any moment.

"I don't know if I should talk. I don't know what I should do. I was hoping that someone else would be here, but there's no one. I'm all alone..."

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

[Bar]

"I'm here." Ciar offers, but even as he says it knows that it isn't enough. "But you were expecting someone else? A friend?"
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

16. - Top - End - #106

[Bar]

"That's very kind of you, Ciar, but I hardly know you." Sahlia smiles sadly, "And I could hardly ask you to help. I was hoping someone else would've made it here, anyone else from the convoy. I know the rest of my...my-" She pauses and takes another deep breath, "I know none of them made it, but some of the guards maybe. I thought perhaps if any survived, they'd come here. Maybe have managed to salvage something."

17. - Top - End - #107
    Pixie in the Playground

"Miss Khyli. I'm pleased to make your acquaintance."

With a friendly and respectful wave Khyli properly greets Darrian, much more relaxed than she was before thanks to the tiefling's presence. She feels much safer with one of her kind near. Others are more likely not to accost her if she is already in the company of another.

"Aaand I could handle myself, but I prefer to allow others to handle me."

Khyli jokes with a lecherous smirk and a wink.

"Might I ask what it is you do, Darrian?"
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2013-09-23 at 10:08 PM.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

[Bar]

"Convoy? You came here with a group? I could try and help you find them. It wouldn't be any trouble." Ciar assures her. "It's kind of what I used to do. Find people. Learn things. Do you know where exactly they were headed? We could start there."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

19. - Top - End - #109

[Bar]

"I...I don't think so. We were...attacked, Ciar. A band of thieves, they were too many for our guards, and everyone was butchered. In the confusion, I didn't see what happened to all the guards. It was foolish to think anyone survived, though. I just...didn't know what else to do. I thought maybe the one who rescued me might have survived, but I fear not."

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

[Bar]

Ciar scowls. Stealing was one thing, but to butcher people, it made him angry. His dark eyes flashed red for an instant before he closed them and took in a steadying breath.

"I'm sure some of the others made it." He says opening his eyes. "You escaped. Others must have been able to slip away as well."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

21. - Top - End - #111

[Bar]

"...I was lucky. I ran for it. Two of them chased me and knocked me down. One of them pinned me to the ground, and the other, he...he started to-" Sahlia coughs and wipes a tear away from her eye, taking a moment to compose herself. "A-anyway, before they could...do anything to me, one of the guards fought them off long enough for me to escape. They ran back towards the convoy as I escaped, and he chased after them."

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

[Bar]

Ciar takes another calming breath, and another before speking again. "I am deeply sorry that this tragedy fell upon you." His words were formal, but sincere. The man was taking refuge in propriety and ritual in order to avoid the rage that was building inside of him. "Please, let me know if there is anything I can do to help you."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

23. - Top - End - #113

[Bar]

Anything he could do to help?

What couldn't he do to help?

She's alone, she's got nowhere to stay, she has very little money...

And she's scared. Scared that one of them saw her escape and will pursue her even here and kill her, to make sure she can't talk. Or worse still, finish what he started earlier and then kill her.

Sahlia stares at the glass in front of her for a while, "I'm...scared. Please...please protect me."

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

[Bar]

He nods. "I can do that. I'll protect you, Sahlia. I promise. I won't let anyone hurt you." Hesitently, he reaches out his hand to hers, not knowing if the gesture would be accepted. If so, however, he will give her hand a reassuring squeeze.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

25. - Top - End - #115

[Bar]

Sahlia flinches when his hand touches her, she pulls back for a moment, then slowly puts her hand in his and squeezes back. "I...have little to offer, for your protection. I lost everything."

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

"Don't worry about that." Ciar says, shaking his head. "I don't need money. Just knowing your safe will be enough."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

27. - Top - End - #117

Such generosity.

Unfortunately Ciar might end up taking it the wrong way when his words make Sahlia start crying again.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

[Bar]

Oh goodness, she was crying again. Ciar goes to pat her on the shoulder, but stops, knowing she probably didn't want to be touched. So he sits in awkward silence, turning back to his drink and taking a long swallow, waiting for her to gather herself together and keeping an eye out for possible trouble.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mahonri Violist View Post
    "You're right; I'll go there ASAP," says the pirate.

((deadtime...))
    Reinholdt waits a few moments, half-expecting her to follow through and leave immediately.

But it doesn't seem like that's the case, so Reinholdt moves on to introductions.
    "Well I'm Reinholdt, Treasure Hunter Extraordinare." Rein gives his patented flourish.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

30. - Top - End - #120
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Nice to meet you, Imesah. What do you do for a living?
    Rather than elaborate on what she's actually done, Imesah takes a sip of water and says, "I suppose I could be called an adventurer."