New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] The Black Dragon's Den XI

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    "Miss Khyli. I'm pleased to make your acquaintance."

With a friendly and respectful wave Khyli properly greets Darrian, much more relaxed than she was before thanks to the tiefling's presence. She feels much safer with one of her kind near. Others are more likely not to accost her if she is already in the company of another.

"Aaand I could handle myself, but I prefer to allow others to handle me."

Khyli jokes with a lecherous smirk and a wink.

"Might I ask what it is you do, Darrian?"
    "Imports and exports." Darrian supplies. Not very specific, now is he? "You could say I'm an expert in handling." He gives her a wink of his own. Well he's certainly receptive.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2013-09-24 at 12:51 AM.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    Rather than elaborate on what she's actually done, Imesah takes a sip of water and says, "I suppose I could be called an adventurer."
    I do mercenary work. Mainly just killing what I'm hired to kill. Not assassinations, just mainly as hired help for a group in conflict or dealing with some of the more powerful and stronger monsters, if they pay me well. I hope to start my own group of mercenaries. Not only do I increase profits that way, but I get allies. And Captain Valia has a nice ring to it, don't you think?
    Valia pulls off her Anti-Materiel Rifle from her shoulder and shows it to Imesah. One with an eye for weapons will notice the design is sleeker and slightly smaller than a normal one
    And this, here, is my accomplice. I call her Ebony, for obvious reasons.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

3. - Top - End - #123
    Barbarian in the Playground

Imesah has no idea what a rifle is. The simple longsword on her belt probably explains why. "There is already a large group of mercenaries here," Imesah says. "You will have some time competing with them."

4. - Top - End - #124

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    Imesah has no idea what a rifle is. The simple longsword on her belt probably explains why. "There is already a large group of mercenaries here," Imesah says. "You will have some time competing with them."
    Really? I might have to check them out sometime.
    Valia says as she eats her bread
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2013-09-24 at 10:47 AM.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

5. - Top - End - #125

"I'm afraid I don't know much about them, but they call themselves NO," Imesah says.

6. - Top - End - #126

What? Did I do something wrong?
    Valia asks, confused.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

7. - Top - End - #127
    Halfling in the Playground

[Bar]

It takes Sahlia a few minutes before she manages to compose herself once more, but eventually she does suppress the tears, wiping her eyes with one hand. She turns back to Ciar, "Is...is there somewhere else we can go? I don't want to stay here."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Pixie in the Playground

Receptive, yes, and mysterious as he is reluctant to provide details on his work, though mysteriousness is in this case is equal parts alluring and alarming which may be to Darrian's advantage as Khyli does get her thrills playing with fire and loaded guns. She'd press the matter further, but that may have to wait...

"I may have need of your services later. It's not often that I encounter a man who does not lose his suavity and his wit in such close proximity to me."

Khyli flirts, in high spirits as she teases Darrian, attempting to lightly brush her leg against his just before her stomach violently growls at her, expressing its disapproval with her current actions and future plans.

"At the moment, however, I'm inordinately famished and in dire need of refreshment, as you can plainly hear. What would you recommend from the menu, Mister Darrian?"
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2013-09-24 at 12:34 PM.

9. - Top - End - #129

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Reinholdt waits a few moments, half-expecting her to follow through and leave immediately.

But it doesn't seem like that's the case, so Reinholdt moves on to introductions.
    "Well I'm Reinholdt, Treasure Hunter Extraordinare." Rein gives his patented flourish.
    ((Oops! I had meant to do that. Now, it's too late. Unless I can still do that...should I have her leave right now?))

"I'm a treasure hunter, too," says the pirate. Of course all pirate-dragons are treasure-hunters. It's part of the job description.

...Not that you would know she's a dragon, looking at her. No wings, no scales, no snake-tongues. She just looks like a regular pirate.

"I'm Alvilda Blood de _______ Victory; dragon, pirate, and retired poet." Being a poet is the most dangerous job ever, by the way.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

[Bar]

"Yeah, sure." Ciar scratches his head, thinking. "Not to sound inappropriate, but we could go to my place?"
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Halfling in the Playground

[Bar]

"Your place?" Sahlia looks hesitant for a moment. It would mean more or less leaving herself at Ciar's mercy.

But...he promised to keep her safe.

And the look in his eyes when he did so...

"Um, yes. Okay."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

Receptive, yes, and mysterious as he is reluctant to provide details on his work, though mysteriousness is in this case is equal parts alluring and alarming which may be to Darrian's advantage as Khyli does get her thrills playing with fire and loaded guns. She'd press the matter further, but that may have to wait...

"I may have need of your services later. It's not often that I encounter a man who does not lose his suavity and his wit in such close proximity to me."

Khyli flirts, in high spirits as she teases Darrian, attempting to lightly brush her leg against his just before her stomach violently growls at her, expressing its disapproval with her current actions and future plans.

"At the moment, however, I'm inordinately famished and in dire need of refreshment, as you can plainly hear. What would you recommend from the menu, Mister Darrian?"
    "By all means. In fact, let me get that for you." Darrian waves down on of the bar goblins and flashes the employee one of his most charming smiles. "The lady is hungry, and that won't do for a minute, now will it. Fetch me your best meal. And make it quite, could you?" He says, palming a bill into the goblin's hand.

Darrian turns that smile back onto Khyli. "That shouldn't take too long I don't think. Now where were we? You were saying something about my services?"

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mahonri Violist View Post
    ((Oops! I had meant to do that. Now, it's too late. Unless I can still do that...should I have her leave right now?))

"I'm a treasure hunter, too," says the pirate. Of course all pirate-dragons are treasure-hunters. It's part of the job description.

...Not that you would know she's a dragon, looking at her. No wings, no scales, no snake-tongues. She just looks like a regular pirate.

"I'm Alvilda Blood de _______ Victory; dragon, pirate, and retired poet." Being a poet is the most dangerous job ever, by the way.
    You can if you want.

"You're a dragon? Wow, I wouldn't have guessed. And you used to be a bard, but that wasn't dangerous enough so you became a pirate?" Pirates get more gold anyways, and I'm sure a dragon can't have enough gold.

Hmmm... might be worth finding out where this lass buried her treasure...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Pixie in the Playground

Darrian's seductively chivalrous adoration arouses a sonorous, throaty purr from Khyli! Darrian isn't a mere gentleman in Khyli's bewitching eyes, but a powerful gentleman! He is providing her with tangible evidence that he is well-to-do and is, judging by his actions, no stranger to motivating people to do his bidding. In other words, he's an alpha male and a leader, or so it seems to Khyli (an alpha male who knows what he wants and, unlike most, knows exactly how to get it)!

"I feel that you and I are compatible, as are our goals, Mister Darrian. We're both wealthy, powerful, and curtainy socialites . I'm of the opinion that we would both profit from a relationship, both in business, which I'd like to discuss before we withdraw to the back room for pleasure, and in carnal affairs. I'm a merchant, much like your other clientele, but I deal in nonstandard, impalpable commodities that are never stocked in stores - lives, souls, and information. My father, before his untimely disappearance, amassed what may very well be the Nexus's most extensive private collection of ninja artifacts as an avocation and funded and staffed a free clinic in Inside as an occupation not long after he married my mother, an affluent goddess and high ranking member of one of the orgs. In memory of my father, I'd like to establish a ninja museum and training academy and a free clinic in Inside and Riverside, but I haven't yet contracted any suppliers for either project as I've been searching for the right connection. I think I've finally found him. If you know of any companies that could supply me with essentials or ninja artifacts, I'll contact them and attempt to negotiate a contract with them and your company could exclusively handle the shipping. You'd be handsomely rewarded by your company, by your clients, and by your's truly."

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

Darrian considers for a moment, and then something occurs to him. "You know, I think I have just the contact that could get you what you need. It'd be a small matter to arrange for it all if you set me up with some documentation of what you need."

Oh look at that, someone's already bringing their food. That sure was fast. "So how does that sound?" Darrian asks expectantly.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Pixie in the Playground

"That sounds purrfectly splendiferous!"

The enthused Khyli purrs yet again. What a stroke of luck it is that she met this man! It is more than fortunate that she hungered when she did! It is fate that their paths crossed this sunny, cloudless day!

"Y'know, on second thought, we might want our food and drink to go. They can wait, but I can't wait any longer to show you how appreciative I am for all that you've done for me."

With a kittenish batting of her eyelashes and a lascivious smile that promises bliss the likes of which Darrian could scarcely imagine, Khyli stands and stretches, positioning herself so as to shamelessly show off her entrancing, fantastic body in front of a dim tavern light.

17. - Top - End - #137

Valia leaves
    Bye, nice meeting you Imesah
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

18. - Top - End - #138

A bard? No, she was a poet and a musician, never a bard! Bards go around telling stories and stuff. Poets write art.
    "I was just a dragon, but then I met a sweet knight and I fell in love with him, so I became a poet (not a bard), until the Queen tried to burn me at the stake for witchcraft and hung him for betraying the Crown, so I naturally became a pirate after that." It's only logical that one would become a pirate after such a chain of events.

Abruptly, Alvilda stands up. "I should go buy that cannon, now." She walks to the door of the establishment. If Reinholdt the Treasure Hunter wants to find out where her buried treasure is, he'll have to stop her.

((Meanwhile, I'll already get a post in the Mallside, so I don't have her arrive late to the Pokemon Tournament.))
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2013-09-25 at 04:41 PM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

"That sounds purrfectly splendiferous!"

The enthused Khyli purrs yet again. What a stroke of luck it is that she met this man! It is more than fortunate that she hungered when she did! It is fate that their paths crossed this sunny, cloudless day!

"Y'know, on second thought, we might want our food and drink to go. They can wait, but I can't wait any longer to show you how appreciative I am for all that you've done for me."

With a kittenish batting of her eyelashes and a lascivious smile that promises bliss the likes of which Darrian could scarcely imagine, Khyli stands and stretches, positioning herself so as to shamelessly show off her entrancing, fantastic body in front of a dim tavern light.
    "Now how could any man resist a suggestion like that?" Darrian says as he gets to his feet. Oh, he's certainly looking at her appreciatively, and she can tell he's very much looking forward to being alone with her. "And since it's your suggestion, please, lead the way."

20. - Top - End - #140

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Valia leaves
    Bye, nice meeting you Imesah
    Imesah nods, but doesn't bother to watch as Valia heads out.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mahonri Violist View Post
    A bard? No, she was a poet and a musician, never a bard! Bards go around telling stories and stuff. Poets write art.
    "I was just a dragon, but then I met a sweet knight and I fell in love with him, so I became a poet (not a bard), until the Queen tried to burn me at the stake for witchcraft and hung him for betraying the Crown, so I naturally became a pirate after that." It's only logical that one would become a pirate after such a chain of events.

Abruptly, Alvilda stands up. "I should go buy that cannon, now." She walks to the door of the establishment. If Reinholdt the Treasure Hunter wants to find out where her buried treasure is, he'll have to stop her.

((Meanwhile, I'll already get a post in the Mallside, so I don't have her arrive late to the Pokemon Tournament.))
    That's certainly one logical option.

Reinholdt almost does stop her, but she's a pirate and Rein would rather not get too involved with such a person, even if it does mean a pile of treasure at the X. Besides, she's got a mini-pet that likes exploding. Might explode on him.

He waves goodbye. "Next time you come here I'll buy you a rum I guess. Bye."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Pixie in the Playground

[Back Room]

"He'd have to roll a twenty, but a better question is why would any man want to resist?"

The blossoming coquettish temptress counter questions, attempting to loop her tail around Darrian's waist and unfasten the buttons of his stylish shirt even before they're safely outside of the view of the public's prying eyes, alone together in a private back room with little else to do and a "Do Not Disturb" sign mounted on the door.

They're probably going to lose the deposit on this room by the time this scene is through.
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2013-09-25 at 09:37 PM.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

[Back Room]

Darrian takes charge once they're in the room and guides Khyli to the bed. He's quite skilled in this particular area it seems, because he wastes no time in putting his talents to use.

Of course, the curtain must be swiftly pulled here, because there's little doubt these two rush to the point where it's required.

That said, there is one aspect of the goings on behind the curtain that need mentioning. At some point, Darrian will actually bite Khyli. He does his very best to pass this off as him getting a bit too carried away, but with some hidden mechanism that are disguised as his teeth, he's actually trying to draw some of her blood. Of course, this should hopefully be passed off as just another part of the curtainous activities.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Pixie in the Playground

[Back Room]

Khyli is bitten and her blood is drawn. Darrian might get more than he bargained for when she playfully responds in kind, attempting to inject him with a potent euphoric agent.

Several weeks days hours later, when the curtains rise, an extremely satisfied, extremely disheveled Khyli will be attempting to cuddle with Darrian in what may very well be the unidentifiable remains of a mattress atop a pile of splinters of wood/metal that once were a bedframe and boxframe. Khyli is Clarissa's daughter, after all.

"That was amazing! If I'd have known that men like you hang out in bars like this, I'd have come here all the time!"

Khyli breathes in a dreamy tone. She doesn't seem exhausted in the least.
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2013-09-26 at 12:23 AM.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

[Back Room]

Well that was... a bit more more than Darrian bargained for. Unlike his lover for the evening, he possesses no supernatural endurance. So that curtain might not have been quite so long as was implied.

So Darrian is perfectly content to lay there with Khyli for a bit, as he's absolutely exhausted. "I wouldn't say there are many men like me." He says, intending to be joking but it comes out in an exhausted pant. He's going to be so sore. .-.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Pixie in the Playground

[Back Room]

Or a bite more than he bargained for!

Darrian is lucky that he'll only be sore. Khyli accidentally killed the first handful of people she curtained before she learned the limitations of the mortal mind (though that wouldn't be the worst way to die). Before she had perfected the formula of that euphoric agent she injected him with, it doubled as a paralytic too. Khyli has gained more mastery over her powers since then, but curtains with her have been potentially fatal in the past.

SHEOL might have their hands full if they should clone Khyli and raise her as their own, and it'll be ten times worse if they should attempt to reverse engineer their very own Clarissa from Khyli's DNA as she was even more dangerous and uncontrollable as a child than she is as an adult. As with most investments, high reward is always married to high risk!

Khyli can't help but giggle at Darrian's lassitude!

"Are you alright, Darr-bear? I seem to have sucked the lifeforce straight out of you like a lowly succubus, but if I did so, I don't remember doing so."

"Aaand if I haven't drained your energy with an ardent kiss yet, I could be convinced to do it before we part. It'll make you feel somewhat weaker for, oh, a day max, but I've been told that the price is well worth the experience."

Khyli offers. She'd attempt to feed off of his energy without his consent as she skipped lunch and is more than esurient at present, but she needs to stay on his good side if she is to conduct business with him in the future!
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2013-09-26 at 12:59 PM.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Door, then Bar]

The door opens, and a massive fourteen-foot man in a suit of black, spiky armour squeezes in. He's holding a huge sword, and there's an equally massive shield slung across his back. He strides over to the bar and sits on the floor, lowering himself to about seven feet. He pulls of his helmet to reveal a handsome face with eyes the colour of dried blood and fangs where canines would be on an ordinary human.

"Blood. The biggest glass you've got."

He pays, and stands back up, sipping the crimson liquid. He surveys the area, looking for anybody interesting.
    Last edited by GrandDM; 2013-09-26 at 01:03 PM.
    Doctor Harald avatar by MethosH

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

[Back Room]

"I think I'll pass on that offer for today. I'm afraid you've worn me right out." Darrian says, his tone somehow not conveying his extreme discomfort. That said, he has no intention of sleeping here. Things to do, secret blood stealing devices to not let get discovered. "Before we forget, I''m going to need a way to get in touch with you. If you have a phone, we can exchange numbers." He suggests.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Pixie in the Playground

[Back Door]

Smart man.

"Oh well. There's always tomorrow."

"And of course I have a phone, but I can do you one better."

With a snap of her fingers, a magical black business card materializes in a puff purple of flame between the index finger and middle finger of her left hand. She'll attempt to transfer this to Darrian. Her cell phone number is printed upon it in blood red ink.

"Burn the card, and it'll teleport you to me if I'm not doing anything important and your business with me is imperative and cannot wait until I'm finished with whatever I happen to be doing."

Instantaneous summoning business cards are all the rage in hell these days.
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2013-09-26 at 02:27 PM.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

[Back Door]

"Convenient." Darrian says, though he's not keen on the idea of being summoned anywhere. Once he fishes for his own pants, he can produce a business card of his own. A SHEOL Inc. business card? Interesting. "I'm afraid all I have is a phone number and email."
    Last edited by Gullara; 2013-09-26 at 02:47 PM.