New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] The Black Dragon's Den XI

"I've only had a few weeks. I'm not exactly an authority. Anyway, I had to run a couple of errands, so I just stopped by for a drink..."

He looks slightly shifty.
    Doctor Harald avatar by MethosH

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #182
    Bugbear in the Playground

Have you been to mall side yet? They have a store that sells blood to you no questions asked!
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

3. - Top - End - #183
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Really? I prefer fresh, myself, but I suppose if you can't get your hands on any..."

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #184

I personally am trying to abstain from drinking anyone's blood directly unless they want to be a vampire.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Pff. A quick stab through the heart and what's the difference? Half the fun is in the chase anyway. Nothing like live prey to whet your appetite."

He grins, evil and predatory.

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Dipsnig rides his wolf into the Den. Once more, he's here to speak with Raril.
    The drow is behind the bar, keeping an eye on the vampires in his establishment. They could discuss killing all they liked, so long as they didn't try to do it here. Spotting Dipsnig, Raril waves at him.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

Dipsnig dismounts and walks over to the bar, his wolf following him.

"Hello, Raril. I have another business proposition for you."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

Raril grins. "Fantastic. Anything we need to discuss in private? Also, care for a drink? How about you?" He adds, looking down at the wolf.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

Dipsnig looks around the current clientele. Eh, nobody who looks like they work for his enemies.

"I'll have one Thrudd Beer and Kullervo would probably like a bone," he says. The wolf's tail swishes. "I don't think it needs to be discussed in private."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground

"Alright then." Raril pulls a beer from under the counter and pops the top before passing it to Dipsnig. He briefly disappears into the kitchen to grab a thick bone for Kullervo. The drow then pulls an ale for himself and leans over the bartop, sipping it.

"So, what's the deal?"
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

"Well," Dipsnig says as he takes his drink. "Some idiot tried to stick up the Dancing Fox Inn of all places lately. He failed miserably, of course, because violence doesn't work there. But it got me thinking. The taverns aren't really in anyone's jurisdiction. So they need to rely on whoever happens to be there and their own security when someone gets an idea into their skull to try to rob them. So, why don't we try to make it a little more reliable? We could sign a long-term contract for NO members and licensed mercs to protect this place. They'd get a commission for every attempted robbery they'd help to stop."

Kullervo, meanwhile, gnaws on the bone.
    Last edited by Morty; 2013-09-29 at 05:22 PM.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

The drow takes a long draw on his drink as he thinks. "It's not a bad idea. Though, I rather enjoy handling the security around here." A wicked smile flashes across Raril's face, but it's soon softened with a chuckle. "Of course, I can't always be around. I won't say no if you want to put a few of your guys here. Is there anything I might do to help?"
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh, they won't be watching over the place all the time. They're mercenaries and not police. But it's an extra few pairs of eyes all the same. Regardless, all you really need is to sign a contract," Dipsnig says. He presses a crystal located on a strange-looking bracer he's now wearing on his left wrist. A holographic image of a contract sheet appears.

Spoiler: Contract Details
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Dipsnig's idea for the contract is really quite simple: NO members and license holders would receive a commission for any robbery or other attack they would help to stop. Should there be no NO member or licensed merc at the time of attack, Trog's would be able to call for help.

((OoC speaking, it would leave the possibility of there being no NO member or license holder available if it would be inconvenient.))
    Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    The bartender accepts that basic idea, adding provisions that there be no negotiation over the commission before/during/immediately after an attack, but only when all commissions have been paid and there's no immediate extortion going on, and that NO members receive something if they try but fail to prevent a heist or other incident.

"This is the agreement I already signed with the people in Trog's. If it works for you, we can sign it as well."

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

Raril reads over the contract carefully, and realizes that "the people over at Trog's" probably included his wife. Well, if it was good enough for her, and Dipsnig was an honest sort, so the prices were fair.

"Just let your guys know that they should try to avoid blowing up the building if at all possible. I don't want to rebuild it again." It seemed like common sense, but in the Nexus you can't be too careful.

The drow plucks the large feather from his hat, revealing it to be a quill. "Where do I sign?"
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

15. - Top - End - #195
    Titan in the Playground

Dipsnig produces a physical copy of the contract.

"Just here. And don't worry, any unnecessary damage to your bar will come out of their pay."

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

"Sounds fair." Raril agrees and signs the document with a flourish.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

Dipsnig scans the document using his magi-tech bracer as he finishes his drink.

"You keep the physical copy. I'll keep the scan with me. I hope this plan works out."

18. - Top - End - #198

Quote Originally Posted by GrandDM View Post
    "Pff. A quick stab through the heart and what's the difference? Half the fun is in the chase anyway. Nothing like live prey to whet your appetite."

He grins, evil and predatory.
    I guess it's really the human side of me. It just doesn't feel right to me to do that sort of thing.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

Entrance => Back Room => Main Room

Late at night, a heavily armored man, obviously a Paladin by his bright white armor, blue cross on his chest, and the aura of Light that seems to spring from his being, reaching out for a few feet before dying off. His helm slides down automatically, fusing into his gorget and revealing a beautifully sculpted human face beneath it. His skin is dark and his silky blond hair falls to his shoulders in waves. He appears unarmed at the moment, but like everyone else here, he's probably covered in weapons.

Dena is with him, but her description will be set by Shadowcaller tomorrow.

Aequitus gives a polite nod to Raril as he shoulders his large pack and enters the Back Room to prepare for his storytelling. In trade for him being there for the night, the pair had agreed that Aequitus could attempt to show a story. Though if the story isn't liked, the Paladin would still pay for the room.

The Paladin is in there for quite a while before coming back out quite a bit differently. He's out of his armor, wearing a pale blue shirt. It's impossible to see the rest of what he's wearing as his legs and feet are covered by a blanket. Why?

Because apparently without his armor, Aequitus is a paraplegic bound to a wheelchair.

The Paladin makes his way towards the fireplace to warm up a little, but after a few minutes of holding his hands near the fire, he speaks up for all to hear. "Everyone, gather close. Or stay away and ignore the story if you wish, but let me show you all of a story of love, of disaster, of false hope and defeat." The Paladin says with a hard edge to his voice. "Let me show you the story of my world and why it has been lost." He tells everyone, raising up a small steel cube from his lap with one hand as he puts a headset on himself with his other.

"Let me show you my memories of the destruction the Cyber-Dragons wrought upon me and my world."

(Godmods approved)

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

Raril nods to the paladin as he enters.Why the man had chosen to stay here, the drow didn't know. Still, he had promised a good story, or cash if it didn't measure up, and the bard couldn't resist.

When the man returned from his room, Raril was momentarily shocked, before he reminded himself not to show such emotion so openly. The wheelchair was an oddity to him, but one he'd seen before around town. However that a paladin, a warrior, would need one. It didn't make sense. How had he earned such an injury? How did he still walk and fight? The grace of whatever god he served must be strong to allow him to continue on as such. Or was it a cruelty to make him continue beyond what his body was able?

Incredibly curious, the drow grabs a bottle of his favorite fireamber and some glasses and makes his way to his favorite chair near the fire, where Aequitus sat. He'll offer the man a glass, or a cup of something else if it wasn't to his taste, before settling in to listen.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

21. - Top - End - #201
    Barbarian in the Playground

By fate, destiny, or mere curiosity, Shayan has followed the winds of her particular type of divination to this tavern, for the chance to be present for what she knows will be an Occasion. Garbed in a billowing black dress and adorned with purple ribbons and a shawl, the biochemist oracle somewhat-unsteadily lowers herself into a seat by the storyteller. Her own legs are unused to supporting her weight after years of paralysis, and only recently has she trained them to stand and walk once again after a risky treatment and surgery.

Without the support of her symbiotic plant, the thing that fused to her spine and robbed her of her leg function to begin with and is, even now, hidden within the folds of her dress, she has to walk with much care. Her eyes are glazed and vacant, but they're pointed in Aequitus' general direction, which is a start.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

22. - Top - End - #202

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Entrance => Back Room => Main Room

Late at night, a heavily armored man, obviously a Paladin by his bright white armor, blue cross on his chest, and the aura of Light that seems to spring from his being, reaching out for a few feet before dying off. His helm slides down automatically, fusing into his gorget and revealing a beautifully sculpted human face beneath it. His skin is dark and his silky blond hair falls to his shoulders in waves. He appears unarmed at the moment, but like everyone else here, he's probably covered in weapons.

Dena is with him, but her description will be set by Shadowcaller tomorrow.

Aequitus gives a polite nod to Raril as he shoulders his large pack and enters the Back Room to prepare for his storytelling. In trade for him being there for the night, the pair had agreed that Aequitus could attempt to show a story. Though if the story isn't liked, the Paladin would still pay for the room.

The Paladin is in there for quite a while before coming back out quite a bit differently. He's out of his armor, wearing a pale blue shirt. It's impossible to see the rest of what he's wearing as his legs and feet are covered by a blanket. Why?

Because apparently without his armor, Aequitus is a paraplegic bound to a wheelchair.

The Paladin makes his way towards the fireplace to warm up a little, but after a few minutes of holding his hands near the fire, he speaks up for all to hear. "Everyone, gather close. Or stay away and ignore the story if you wish, but let me show you all of a story of love, of disaster, of false hope and defeat." The Paladin says with a hard edge to his voice. "Let me show you the story of my world and why it has been lost." He tells everyone, raising up a small steel cube from his lap with one hand as he puts a headset on himself with his other.

"Let me show you my memories of the destruction the Cyber-Dragons wrought upon me and my world."

(Godmods approved)
    Celica pulls up a chair, keeping her umbrella open and facing Aequitus in one hand with a soda bottle in another
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

23. - Top - End - #203
    Troll in the Playground

One does not simply walk into the Black Dragon's Den. Well, one usually does, but the half-drow who stepped through the door sauntered instead, tossing back her braided white hair and glancing about. After all, it had been awhile since she'd been here.

She headed for the bar, her gray-skinned, well-toned figure displayed by her corset-like bodysuit and thigh-high, black-leather boots, a greatsword strapped to her back. But, noticing the paladin starting a tale in the corner, she lets curiosity get the better of her for once, and Amist Halcyon stepped closer to listen.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

24. - Top - End - #204

Storytime!

Oh look, Magtok's here too! He's either politely ignoring Shayan or hasn't noticed her presence here. One or the other. Technically he was still in AMEN when she betrayed them, but for all he knows that might have been on Ilpholin's orders. Either way, it's been too long to hassle her about it now, and what would being a pain in the neck about that even accomplish, anyhow? There's a story to be heard, and that's way more important than an old grudge against someone who hasn't even tried to destroy the world or target him personally before.

Also she's kinda creepy.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

25. - Top - End - #205
    Halfling in the Playground

It'd been a long, slow night before now, Sticks thought. The strange, skinny little fellow had been about to leave when the paladin arrived. And he sat up straight, nothing more than a pair of candlelight-eyes in a dank corner, to watch the stranger go.

What returned was different. Real, genuine, not like most people in this place, thought Sticks. This was the unguarded truth of the man. A cripple in a wheeled chair.

The tall, cloaked creature from the corner joins the growing audience, sitting across from Aequitus in respectful silence. His ears are long, like those of the elves, and his eyes are large white things set deep in his face. His skin is coal grey with a dusty blue glow all about it, his hair is a lively shock of red. Bits of metal have replaced parts of his face, one brow, the bridge of his nose. The cloak hides all else.

Sticks shifts in place, and watches.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2013-09-30 at 10:47 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

Aequitus accepts the drink gladly and raises it up in thanks as he leans back in his wheelchair and closes his eyes. He takes a sip before taking the cube and letting it go in mid-air. The object floats of it's own accord and spins slowly before expanding into a large screen.

Apparently it's a portable TV linked to the Techno-Paladin's memories.

The man sets his mostly untouched drink aside and seems to concentrate as an image forms on the screen...

Spoiler: The First Cyber-Dragon
    Show

From the get-go, the point of view is obviously from Aequitus' own, such as it should be from his memories, and there's even sound to match the perfect picture quality.

"-mmy. Son. wake up. We're here." A woman's voice calls out with cheer as the screen flutters to life, eyelids opening. At first, the images are blurry, but when a pair of hands reaches up to rub the eyes it gets clearer. Seated across from the Paladin is a taller middle-aged woman, somewhat handsome in face, but still smiling happily despite the gray touching her tied-back blond hair. She's dressed in a conservative maroon blouse and long skirt. "We're here, Sammy. We're at the markets." She says again with a warm loving smile.

"Sammy" yawns and looks out the carriage's window, showing a small town full of wooden houses as well as some with steel sides. Electric light poles line the streets and the streets themselves are paved asphalt. It seems like the entire town is a mix of low-tech and high with little in-between.

The Market itself is a huge mishmash of stands, holo-advertisements, and tables full of pieces of technology of all sorts. However, Sammy's eyes don't linger on much except for a tall girl, a teenager it seems, with long brunette hair, pale skin, and a yellow sun dress on. "Okay mom..." He mutters distractedly.

His mother gives a chuckle and the scene shakes slightly as she taps his shoulder to get his attention. "See something you like?" She asks in a knowing sing-song voice, obviously happy about him being distracted. Sammy on the other hand, looks down and wrings his hands together as he mutters. "Maybe. I...I'm old enough to try and get a girlfriend, aren't I?" The view is swung back up as his mother sets a hand on his chin and tilts his face up so she can look into his eyes with an encouraging smile. "Of course you are, but you'll always be my son. I reserve the right to tease you. Now go. I'm going to pick up dinner, so if you need me, I'll be in the grocery area."

Without waiting for anymore encouragement, Sammy darts out of the carriage, turning back to wave. The carriage itself seems wooden, but drawn by a pair of mechanical steel plated horses.

When he turns back around, he darts through the crowd, vision shifting too much for detail, but allowing fleeting glances of various races such as elves, dwarves, and even an ogre in the market. It takes a moment, but Sammy ends standing in front of the girl from earlier. She's a little taller than he is, but they can't seem to meet each other's eyes, with the girl turning a little red. "Um...hi Gwendolin. Would you like to walk with me?" Sammy asks after a moment, sounding unsure.

The girl gives a smile in return and nods, offering her hand for Sammy to take. The pair walk in silence for a long while, with Sammy stealing glances at the pretty girl. After a bit, Gwendolin speaks up. "Is...is this a date?" She asks, turning away to watch a juggler in the streets.

"Um...if you want it to be?" Sammy asks a little hesitantly, causing her to giggle. "Sure then."

Sammy laughs as well, but when he does so, the entire world begins to shake, causing people to become unbalanced and things to fall off the table. When it stops, Gwendolin looks ready to panic and Sammy looks wildly around. "What...what's happening?" She asks as the ground shakes again. A loud crashing sound can be heard and people begin screaming a street away, causing both Sammy and Gwendolin to gasp loudly.

"The Grocery! Mom!" Sammy shouts, abandoning the girl in the panicking mob to go running through the streets to try and get to his mother. As he runs, a massive roar reaches the viewers, possibly shaking people even in the Den. It might sound familiar to some of them, especially when Sammy turns the final corner to reveal a dragon waiting.

It's a truly massive specimen of it's kind, several city blocks long, with scales appearing to be made of chrome. It seems to have burrowed it's way into the city and erupted into the streets. As it roars, the wings spread out, casting the entire shopping district into shadow. Sammy freezes when he sees it, trembling as he watches it cut a bloody swath through dozens of people with a single swipe of it's claw. Barely out of reach, Sammy's mother stands there, arms full of fruit as she tries to back away from the huge beast.

"MOM!!!"

Sammy runs forward, squeezing through the panicked masses as he makes his way to his mom, his eyes locked on her at all times as he prays under his breath that the dragon would miss her. It takes a couple moments, and people scream the entire time, but Sammy eventually makes it to her just in time to see the dragon send a backhand through the crowd, intending to crush even more people.

"Mom!" Sammy shouts again, grabbing her arm and pulling her off balance and onto the ground just in time for the hand to pass over her.

But also just in time for it to hit Sammy.

The world goes black for a moment before the his eyes open again, showing the ground sailing away from beneath him as he's flung through the air like a ragdoll. He's flying mostly backwards, so even as he sails away, he's able to see his mother stand back up and yell for him, her hand outstretched despite being too far away to prevent anything from happening.

The view shakes hard right before Sammy screams in pain, having been thrown through a bakery stop window. He hits the back wall hard and the world turns black again for another long moment. When the lights come back, his gaze is blurry, unfocused as someone looks over him, shouting his name.

"Sammy! Sammy! Wake up! Please, wake up. It's me, Mommy." Sammy's mother says, gently jostling his shoulder with tears in her eyes, causing her make-up to run.

"M-Mom? What's going on? I...I feel funny and really really hurt." Sammy admits, looking down to see his legs twisted badly beneath him, horribly broken, and a piece of glass sticking out from his stomach, having pierced him from behind. The boy screams and grabs at the glass, giving it a tug before letting go with another scream of pain when it doesn't budge and only cuts his palms. "Get it out!!" He shouts, trying to struggle, but unable to move his lower body at all. "I...I can't move my legs mommy. Why can't I move my legs?!?" He shouts, crying and causing the vision to blur from the tears.

"It'll be okay honey. I promise. You stay right here. I'm going to go find some help, okay? I love you." She tells Sammy before getting up and running off without waiting for a reply.

"Mom! Please! Don't leave me! Please....please don't go. Why can't I feel my legs?"

"Mommy..."

With that, the vision ends for the moment and Aequitus opens his eyes with a tired sigh. "She never did come back." He admits as he takes a deeper drink from the alcohol.

27. - Top - End - #207

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Aequitus accepts the drink gladly and raises it up in thanks as he leans back in his wheelchair and closes his eyes. He takes a sip before taking the cube and letting it go in mid-air. The object floats of it's own accord and spins slowly before expanding into a large screen.

Apparently it's a portable TV linked to the Techno-Paladin's memories.

The man sets his mostly untouched drink aside and seems to concentrate as an image forms on the screen...

Spoiler: The First Cyber-Dragon
    Show

From the get-go, the point of view is obviously from Aequitus' own, such as it should be from his memories, and there's even sound to match the perfect picture quality.

"-mmy. Son. wake up. We're here." A woman's voice calls out with cheer as the screen flutters to life, eyelids opening. At first, the images are blurry, but when a pair of hands reaches up to rub the eyes it gets clearer. Seated across from the Paladin is a taller middle-aged woman, somewhat handsome in face, but still smiling happily despite the gray touching her tied-back blond hair. She's dressed in a conservative maroon blouse and long skirt. "We're here, Sammy. We're at the markets." She says again with a warm loving smile.

"Sammy" yawns and looks out the carriage's window, showing a small town full of wooden houses as well as some with steel sides. Electric light poles line the streets and the streets themselves are paved asphalt. It seems like the entire town is a mix of low-tech and high with little in-between.

The Market itself is a huge mishmash of stands, holo-advertisements, and tables full of pieces of technology of all sorts. However, Sammy's eyes don't linger on much except for a tall girl, a teenager it seems, with long brunette hair, pale skin, and a yellow sun dress on. "Okay mom..." He mutters distractedly.

His mother gives a chuckle and the scene shakes slightly as she taps his shoulder to get his attention. "See something you like?" She asks in a knowing sing-song voice, obviously happy about him being distracted. Sammy on the other hand, looks down and wrings his hands together as he mutters. "Maybe. I...I'm old enough to try and get a girlfriend, aren't I?" The view is swung back up as his mother sets a hand on his chin and tilts his face up so she can look into his eyes with an encouraging smile. "Of course you are, but you'll always be my son. I reserve the right to tease you. Now go. I'm going to pick up dinner, so if you need me, I'll be in the grocery area."

Without waiting for anymore encouragement, Sammy darts out of the carriage, turning back to wave. The carriage itself seems wooden, but drawn by a pair of mechanical steel plated horses.

When he turns back around, he darts through the crowd, vision shifting too much for detail, but allowing fleeting glances of various races such as elves, dwarves, and even an ogre in the market. It takes a moment, but Sammy ends standing in front of the girl from earlier. She's a little taller than he is, but they can't seem to meet each other's eyes, with the girl turning a little red. "Um...hi Gwendolin. Would you like to walk with me?" Sammy asks after a moment, sounding unsure.

The girl gives a smile in return and nods, offering her hand for Sammy to take. The pair walk in silence for a long while, with Sammy stealing glances at the pretty girl. After a bit, Gwendolin speaks up. "Is...is this a date?" She asks, turning away to watch a juggler in the streets.

"Um...if you want it to be?" Sammy asks a little hesitantly, causing her to giggle. "Sure then."

Sammy laughs as well, but when he does so, the entire world begins to shake, causing people to become unbalanced and things to fall off the table. When it stops, Gwendolin looks ready to panic and Sammy looks wildly around. "What...what's happening?" She asks as the ground shakes again. A loud crashing sound can be heard and people begin screaming a street away, causing both Sammy and Gwendolin to gasp loudly.

"The Grocery! Mom!" Sammy shouts, abandoning the girl in the panicking mob to go running through the streets to try and get to his mother. As he runs, a massive roar reaches the viewers, possibly shaking people even in the Den. It might sound familiar to some of them, especially when Sammy turns the final corner to reveal a dragon waiting.

It's a truly massive specimen of it's kind, several city blocks long, with scales appearing to be made of chrome. It seems to have burrowed it's way into the city and erupted into the streets. As it roars, the wings spread out, casting the entire shopping district into shadow. Sammy freezes when he sees it, trembling as he watches it cut a bloody swath through dozens of people with a single swipe of it's claw. Barely out of reach, Sammy's mother stands there, arms full of fruit as she tries to back away from the huge beast.

"MOM!!!"

Sammy runs forward, squeezing through the panicked masses as he makes his way to his mom, his eyes locked on her at all times as he prays under his breath that the dragon would miss her. It takes a couple moments, and people scream the entire time, but Sammy eventually makes it to her just in time to see the dragon send a backhand through the crowd, intending to crush even more people.

"Mom!" Sammy shouts again, grabbing her arm and pulling her off balance and onto the ground just in time for the hand to pass over her.

But also just in time for it to hit Sammy.

The world goes black for a moment before the his eyes open again, showing the ground sailing away from beneath him as he's flung through the air like a ragdoll. He's flying mostly backwards, so even as he sails away, he's able to see his mother stand back up and yell for him, her hand outstretched despite being too far away to prevent anything from happening.

The view shakes hard right before Sammy screams in pain, having been thrown through a bakery stop window. He hits the back wall hard and the world turns black again for another long moment. When the lights come back, his gaze is blurry, unfocused as someone looks over him, shouting his name.

"Sammy! Sammy! Wake up! Please, wake up. It's me, Mommy." Sammy's mother says, gently jostling his shoulder with tears in her eyes, causing her make-up to run.

"M-Mom? What's going on? I...I feel funny and really really hurt." Sammy admits, looking down to see his legs twisted badly beneath him, horribly broken, and a piece of glass sticking out from his stomach, having pierced him from behind. The boy screams and grabs at the glass, giving it a tug before letting go with another scream of pain when it doesn't budge and only cuts his palms. "Get it out!!" He shouts, trying to struggle, but unable to move his lower body at all. "I...I can't move my legs mommy. Why can't I move my legs?!?" He shouts, crying and causing the vision to blur from the tears.

"It'll be okay honey. I promise. You stay right here. I'm going to go find some help, okay? I love you." She tells Sammy before getting up and running off without waiting for a reply.

"Mom! Please! Don't leave me! Please....please don't go. Why can't I feel my legs?"

"Mommy..."

With that, the vision ends for the moment and Aequitus opens his eyes with a tired sigh. "She never did come back." He admits as he takes a deeper drink from the alcohol.
    Celica seems to get even paler, if possible.
    W-Whatever happened to Gwendolin?
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

28. - Top - End - #208

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Storytime!

Oh look, Magtok's here too! He's either politely ignoring Shayan or hasn't noticed her presence here. One or the other. Technically he was still in AMEN when she betrayed them, but for all he knows that might have been on Ilpholin's orders. Either way, it's been too long to hassle her about it now, and what would being a pain in the neck about that even accomplish, anyhow? There's a story to be heard, and that's way more important than an old grudge against someone who hasn't even tried to destroy the world or target him personally before.

Also she's kinda creepy.
    Storytime!

Unfortunately, politely ignoring Shayan just gives her more time to quietly scoot her chair over towards his before he notices and can do something about it! Hopefully it will be enough of an advantage for it to be too late for Magtok to escape creepy, awkward conversation.

"I don't suppose you've unleashed any massive chrome-plated flying lizards onto some anachronistic villages that you'd be willing to admit to." She murmurs distantly, keeping her eyes on Aequitus as she talks out of the corner of her mouth to the Magclone that should be next to her.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

29. - Top - End - #209

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Storytime!

Unfortunately, politely ignoring Shayan just gives her more time to quietly scoot her chair over towards his before he notices and can do something about it! Hopefully it will be enough of an advantage for it to be too late for Magtok to escape creepy, awkward conversation.

"I don't suppose you've unleashed any massive chrome-plated flying lizards onto some anachronistic villages that you'd be willing to admit to." She murmurs distantly, keeping her eyes on Aequitus as she talks out of the corner of her mouth to the Magclone that should be next to her.
    Just to add to the awkwardness, and because Celica is my favorite character I've played.

Celica also slides next to Magtok.
    Hey, aren't you that weird guy back at the Taco Stand?
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

Raril grunts and nods, a frown of understanding on his face. What mother would want a broken child? By the drow's reckoning, he was lucky she didn't slit his throat then and there. Perhaps it would have been kinder.

But that's not the way they do things on the surface, was it? Each life was precious, even the broken ones. It was a fact Raril was thankful for, as many times he had been broken, wrecked, physically and mentally, but someone was always there to help him. He still didn't quite understand it, despite it being years since he'd left the Underdark.

Looking through the lens of what he knew of humanity, he wondered how the woman could be so unkind. The boy had saved her from a similar fate, and probably her life. Yet she abandoned him.

"I am sorry." Raril says quietly, offering his sympathy. Not for the injury, but for having a mother that didn't want you. It was a familiar pain to the drow. He moves to refill Aequitus' glass from the bottle, for what little comfort it would provide.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel