New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] The Black Dragon's Den XI

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Storytime - Distraction

"They all died in some great war. I don't really know all that much about it besides that it was that war that forced my people underground." She claims. "It's pretty much ancient story in athas, no one remembers what it was like back then."
    We were forced underground thanks to the elves. We had a religious war, and we had to retreat underground, and the grudge between us has only grown since.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

2. - Top - End - #242

Storytime - Distraction

"My people don't have grudges, they plunder from all surface races equally. I don't do any of that thouh I'm not exactly a paragon of my race." She admits. It should be said that Dena is actually about 6'2" feet tall, another difference between athas and Faerun and athas elves.

3. - Top - End - #243

Storytime - Distraction

"My people don't have grudges, they plunder from all surface races equally. I don't do any of that thouh I'm not exactly a paragon of my race." She admits. It should be said that Dena is actually about 6'2" feet tall, another difference between athas and Faerun and athas elves.
    We don't plunder. We're to busy living in a messed up Matriarchy where you have to plot and assassinate to climb the ladder.
    Xenna sighs, and orders another Spiderblood Wine.
    Menzobarrenzan is a city where if you don't keep an eye on your inferiors, so to speak, you're risking a dagger between the shoulder blades every second you do, and where everyone has an ulterior motive.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

4. - Top - End - #244

Storytime - Distraction

"I guess there are some similarities then since what you just described is pretty much where I grew up as well." Dena replies. "I have a friend actually who comes from pretty much the same society as you. He'd be deadly afraid of you however, he doesn't care about your goddess at all."

5. - Top - End - #245

Storytime - Distraction

"I guess there are some similarities then since what you just described is pretty much where I grew up as well." Dena replies. "I have a friend actually who comes from pretty much the same society as you. He'd be deadly afraid of you however, he doesn't care about your goddess at all."
    I'm not too surprised. She's why our society works on the basis men are inferior. He's not the only one who doesn't care for her much. There's a bit of lost love over the fact that she's the reason our society is a mess and why we massacre our kin between us.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

6. - Top - End - #246

Storytime - Distraction

Dena quirks her eyebrow. "Aren't you supposed to be a priestess of her? I thought clerics were supposed to be devoted to their gods."

7. - Top - End - #247

Storytime - Distraction

Dena quirks her eyebrow. "Aren't you supposed to be a priestess of her? I thought clerics were supposed to be devoted to their gods."
    I am a priestess of her, but that doesn't mean I have to be completely devoted to her. We aren't required to be slaves to our god.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

8. - Top - End - #248

Storytime - Distraction

"So why do you want to be a priestess of her then? I have never actually heard a positive thing about Lolth." Dena asks.

9. - Top - End - #249

Storytime - Distraction

"So why do you want to be a priestess of her then? I have never actually heard a positive thing about Lolth." Dena asks.
    Xenna sighs.
    I didn't chose. The Matron makes the decisions, and gaining the favor of Lloth takes priority. It offers a little more power.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

10. - Top - End - #250

Storytime - Distraction

"So why don't you give her up now that you're free? Or is she effectively forcing you to worship her?" Weren't gods supposed to be 'good'?

11. - Top - End - #251

Storytime - Distraction

"So why don't you give her up now that you're free? Or is she effectively forcing you to worship her?" Weren't gods supposed to be 'good'?
    I would give up my worship of her, but my only strength, my ability to channel divine magic, is granted by her, and if I stop worshipping her, I lose that. I need to be able to be powerful enough to defend myself, my possessions, or my friends. I will when I can without her power.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

12. - Top - End - #252

Storytime - Distraction

"Can't you... change god? Convert? There must be way better gods out there who aren't basically holding you hostage." Dena was now glad she had never really been much else than a rogue.

13. - Top - End - #253

Storytime - Distraction

"Can't you... change god? Convert? There must be way better gods out there who aren't basically holding you hostage." Dena was now glad she had never really been much else than a rogue.
    There are, but who is going to trust an ex-priestess of the goddess of lies?
    Xenna sighs.
    Also, well... I've seen firsthand what they do to heretics. You do not want to suffer their fate. If I remember correctly though...
    Suddenly, Xenna gets a brilliant idea!
    Well, if I remember my religion, Lolth was banished to the Demonweb pits in the Abyss, and the Abyss does corrupt one's mind, so maybe, my goddess is only so sadistic and cruel because of that, so maybe I can free her from that corruption somehow, and redeem both us drow and the goddess herself! It's a win-win-win-win! I get redemption, Lolth gains her sanity and maybe becomes good or just much less evil, all of us drow might be seen in a better light to the surface races, and the priestesses stop practicing the evil we have been for years because of the word of the goddess herself!
    She is practically giddy with excitement and pride that she could come up with this.
    She looks at the time.
    Oh, I gotta go, by and nice meeting you!
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2013-10-06 at 10:33 AM.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

14. - Top - End - #254

Storytime - Distraction

"Uh, okay. Bye and good luck with that then." Dena replies before returning to focusing on Aequitus story.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ashley walks into the den, cautiously looking around. She's clearly not used to a place like this, settling at a side table.

16. - Top - End - #256

Fade enters the Den. People might notice the bandages he wears around his torso and arms. He also appears a bit slow. Still he heads for the bar and orders a Black Shadow. After that his eyes wander over the people in the den.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

17. - Top - End - #257
    Halfling in the Playground

Aric makes his entrance soon after, ordering an ale from the barkeep and taking a seat at a fairly central location.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

18. - Top - End - #258
    Dwarf in the Playground

A young woman with long blond hair walks into the Den. She glances around with her blue eyes with flecks of gold in them, surprised by how busy the place seems to be. She pauses in the doorway considering heading back out to find a quiter drinking hole, but decides against it and makes her way to the bar taking a seat there.

She looks like she is in a foul mood, her shoulders tense and a frown on her face. Speaking of her face there appears to be a large bruise/rash covering most of hers. The quickly fading bruise looks like someone had beaten her sometime recently, though she shows no signs of being in pain. She orders herself a Hearth Brew Mead and keeps reading the menu while she waits for her drink to arrive.

((Interaction Wanted))
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

19. - Top - End - #259
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    A young woman with long blond hair walks into the Den. She glances around with her blue eyes with flecks of gold in them, surprised by how busy the place seems to be. She pauses in the doorway considering heading back out to find a quiter drinking hole, but decides against it and makes her way to the bar taking a seat there.

She looks like she is in a foul mood, her shoulders tense and a frown on her face. Speaking of her face there appears to be a large bruise/rash covering most of hers. The quickly fading bruise looks like someone had beaten her sometime recently, though she shows no signs of being in pain. She orders herself a Hearth Brew Mead and keeps reading the menu while she waits for her drink to arrive.

((Interaction Wanted))
    Harald walks up. He's pretty tall, about six foot five, blonde, almost supernaturally handsome and his labcoat and shirt are stretched tight over impressive musculature.

"You want some ointment for that bruise? I have some nanogel that'll clear it up in about a minute."
    Doctor Harald avatar by MethosH

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #260
    Dwarf in the Playground

Oh boy he is just about the oppisite of Angie. She is short and skinny, not quite to the point of being unhealthy, and wouldn't be described by most as beautiful, definitly not by Nexus standards. Though she has nice long blond hair and her eyes are interesting to look into if you are close enough to notice the golden flecks in her blue eyes.

"Thank you no, this is magical more then physical." She says waving a hand in front of her face to indicate the bruising. "I appreciate the offer though." She pushes away the menu she was looking at and picks up her drink taking a large sip. "I'm Angie by the way." She says offering a hand to shake.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

21. - Top - End - #261
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Harald."

He shakes her hand before ordering a very strong drink indeed.

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #262
    Dwarf in the Playground

She raises her eyebrow when he introduces himself. Like she is trying to remember where she heard that name before. "Harald? The guy with all the robots? I've heard about you. I would have expected someone nerdier looking, some glasses or something."
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

23. - Top - End - #263
    Halfling in the Playground

Aric contains a sharp exhale...so this was the senseless bastard with no value for life.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

24. - Top - End - #264
    Dwarf in the Playground

She raises her eyebrow when he introduces himself. Like she is trying to remember where she heard that name before. "Harald? The guy with all the robots? I've heard about you. I would have expected someone nerdier looking, some glasses or something."
    He sighs and closes his eyes for a moment.

"Yes, I'm the robot guy. I almost wish I'd kept to my lab sometimes... I'm not the best at PR. This whole deal over Omega-Six, for example. As for my looks... this is a genetically engineered body. As perfect as I can make it."

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #265
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Yeah well the Wall isn't really a good spot for meaningful discussion. Plus the whole having a killer robot escape doesn't do much for your image, actually having a killer robot at all doesn't do much for it." Angie says, no harshness in her voice. She doesn't seem to be judging him so much as making observations.

That does explain the look I guess. There are plenty of people around the Nexus that like to alter their looks so they are "perfect", it always seemed like a waste to me. People will notice the lack of flaws and once they realize it is fake, well it is a lot less impressive."
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

26. - Top - End - #266
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Yeah well the Wall isn't really a good spot for meaningful discussion. Plus the whole having a killer robot escape doesn't do much for your image, actually having a killer robot at all doesn't do much for it." Angie says, no harshness in her voice. She doesn't seem to be judging him so much as making observations.

That does explain the look I guess. There are plenty of people around the Nexus that like to alter their looks so they are "perfect", it always seemed like a waste to me. People will notice the lack of flaws and once they realize it is fake, well it is a lot less impressive."
    "Oh, it's not altered. This body has always looked like this. It's not just looks, either. I'm faster, stronger and tougher than an ordinary human, and my mind is as sharper than it ever was... and where has that got me? A nobody in a bar who doesn't even have any friends."

He drains his glass and barely pauses before starting on his second.

"If there was ever a short straw, I drew it. Chased out of my home, nearly killed, my daughter kidnapped by demons, everyone hates me when I'm doing the best I can... sometimes I don't know why I bother."

Morosely, he starts on his third glass.

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #267
    Dwarf in the Playground

Angie inconsideretly starts to chuckle at that. To be fair she is a bit drunk at this point not having a super liver to help her out with the alchohal. Not that she would want one, she much prefers to stay a light weight.

"Sorry, I don't mean to be rude. But you really don't want to get into a who had the worst life competion in the Nexus. It never ends well. I mean think about your daughter. She, I assume, was also chased from her home and friends. She was actually kidnapped by demons, which is no fun trust me. Maybe she got a shorter straw then you."

Angie downs her own drink ordering another one.

"Besides, aren't you like super rich, have a small army of robots, are some sort of genius? It doesn't sound like you got a very short straw to me."
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

28. - Top - End - #268
    Dwarf in the Playground

Angie inconsideretly starts to chuckle at that. To be fair she is a bit drunk at this point not having a super liver to help her out with the alchohal. Not that she would want one, she much prefers to stay a light weight.

"Sorry, I don't mean to be rude. But you really don't want to get into a who had the worst life competion in the Nexus. It never ends well. I mean think about your daughter. She, I assume, was also chased from her home and friends. She was actually kidnapped by demons, which is no fun trust me. Maybe she got a shorter straw then you."

Angie downs her own drink ordering another one.

"Besides, aren't you like super rich, have a small army of robots, are some sort of genius? It doesn't sound like you got a very short straw to me."
    "You think having a mind like mine is a blessing? Every minute, new ideas, new theories, new blueprints. Constantly analyzing, watching, categorizing. It's all I can do not to go insane sometimes. I wish I could get drunk."

He finishes his glass and orders another one.

"My daughter's only twenty. She was born here... truth be told, she was an aberrant clone. I decided to keep her... I'd been alone for two centuries. She was unconscious most of the time she was captive... I did the maths; from her perspective, I came to get her within a day."

Another glass is drained and replaced.

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #269
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Maybe you should have made yourself a body that can get drunk." She says frowning a bit. "You seem to only see the negative, I get that I was like that for a long time. Sometimes I still am, it can be hard to see the bright side. Would you rather be a dullard without an orginal thought in your head? Struggling to make enough money to afford a piece of bread to eat. Dreaming of a roof over your head as the cold rain falls on you while you try to sleep." Angie says shaking her head.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

30. - Top - End - #270
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Maybe you should have made yourself a body that can get drunk." She says frowning a bit. "You seem to only see the negative, I get that I was like that for a long time. Sometimes I still am, it can be hard to see the bright side. Would you rather be a dullard without an orginal thought in your head? Struggling to make enough money to afford a piece of bread to eat. Dreaming of a roof over your head as the cold rain falls on you while you try to sleep." Angie says shaking her head.
    "I suppose not."

He sighs, finishing yet another glass.

"Although to escape the workings of my own mind is something I'd give nearly anything for, even if just for a few minutes."

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show