1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

Beholder

Default Missing - One Cat (OOC)

Here's our OOC thread. It'll be mostly used to bring up OOC questions, collaborate, and decide on issues as a team, more or less.

I'm still not quite familiar with GITP's format system, for color-coding or data tables or the like, so bear with me on that.

It's more or less settled that you'll be arriving in Absalom, via ship or possibly magic depending on your resources. What I'm primarily interested in establishing here first is if you desire a network of contacts and NPCs, and then hashing those details out. At 17th level you're more than within your rights to have a working background of NPCs you can rely on for favors and support.

Aside from this, we can also tackle any out of game questions you have as to how we'll tackle various aspects of the gaming medium.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

GnomePirate

Default Re: Missing - One Cat (OOC)

I absolutely want a network. Madrigold's would be in three parts, I think. He would have a network of law enforcement, and various detectives that he's worked with before. Then there are underground contacts that he threatens, cajoles, or otherwise maneuvers into helping him. Finally there is the church, in which at this point he has to be a fairly prominent member, one that is either famous or infamous depending on who's asking.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Aenit himself probably wouldn't have any contacts due to his trust issues. I'm assuming people might have heard of him on account of Moa at least though, lol.

4. - Top - End - #4

Beholder

Aaron - I can sure work in a good handful of other bounty hunters/detectives having followed you along by now and wanting just the chance to perform background work too menial for you to bother with. The pulse of the criminal underworld definitely knows about you and will at this point more than likely either completely avoid association with you, begrudgingly appease you, or if need be devise their own methods of dealing with you should you rattle the cage on too-sensitive issues. As for the church, it's mostly a matter of name-dropping I suppose. Inquisitors often times operate outside the hierarchies of their churches and so may be seen somewhat apprehensively by his "peers" in the faith, but his successes thus far would soften their edges.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

Garland's contacts would be more limited as he's not known for his social skill, but rather his magical, academic and artistic merits.

A relationship with a priest of Nethys or a wizard/sorcerer colleague is very likely, given the mild overtures of madness and the sheer arcane power at his disposal.

Fine art, music, and theater also appeal to his sensibilities; Garland may have been inspired by a prominent bard or dilettante.

Finally, an underworld contact is also permissible. Garland isn't above having the ear of a helpful vagabond or thief who may have their own reasons for associating with him. A debt owed by either party to the other or for mutual benefits; it certainly should be a case of strange bedfellows.
    Last edited by Keldion; 2013-09-04 at 04:49 AM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Zirana's contacts are severely limited on account of being a drow, and a (exiled) noble at that. At best she might have a bit general reputation as an oddity among the surface dwellers.

She will be arriving by ship. In theory she could just transform into a medium air elemental and just fly there, but she likes to have those abilities as much under wraps as possible.
    My first foray into homebrew: The Circuit Mage

/l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

Pudgy kitty needs more views

Active Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Bonehoarder - Necromantic Skeleton Shapeshifter
    Tahrven Millos - Arcane Hierophant
    Hordemaster Kordan - Ebon Initiate ... mostly
    Keldan Tamron - Trivoker
    Rooshkdor - Arrow Demon Archer
    Galen Medon - Batman?

7. - Top - End - #7

GnomePirate

That works for me, though Madrigold wouldn't be a harsh taskmaster when it came to utilizing them. He's supposed to be really nice, which disorients people since that isn't the standard attitude of an Inquisitor.

Also, I wouldn't mind seeing development with his father, the not-evil Oni, but if you don't want to don't worry about it.

8. - Top - End - #8

Beholder

Keldion - I'm thinking I could knock out the first two in one swoop with a bard, and the third being something of a fence that was slowly pulled out of his old lifestyle from the proceeds he made finding buyers for your artwork.

Madrigold - You had a specific oni in mind for his father's type, right?

9. - Top - End - #9

GnomePirate

Yeha, he is a Fire Yai Oni.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kesuke View Post
    Keldion - I'm thinking I could knock out the first two in one swoop with a bard, and the third being something of a fence that was slowly pulled out of his old lifestyle from the proceeds he made finding buyers for your artwork.?
    That will work.

11. - Top - End - #11

Beholder

Had a few off days, but feeling a little better now. I can work some stats up for your contacts as they become needed, but for now, I see we're mostly agreed on arriving in Absalom by ship, yes?

Keldion/Garland - Your bard contact is named Lathoma Gale, a human Taldan that sometimes seems to be humored by your 'madnesses', but ensures you he has your back when it matters. Your rogue contact is Adrassa Wicks, a Varisian gypsy that always has something positive to say about you and/or your artwork.

Madrigold, your contacts are more in the form of organizations than individuals at the moment, but when individuals do pop up we can work on them from there.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

What is the general public's disposition to Drow?

/l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

Active Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Keldan Tamron - Trivoker
    Galen Medon - Batman?

13. - Top - End - #13

GnomePirate

Quote Originally Posted by Kesuke View Post
    Had a few off days, but feeling a little better now. I can work some stats up for your contacts as they become needed, but for now, I see we're mostly agreed on arriving in Absalom by ship, yes?

Keldion/Garland - Your bard contact is named Lathoma Gale, a human Taldan that sometimes seems to be humored by your 'madnesses', but ensures you he has your back when it matters. Your rogue contact is Adrassa Wicks, a Varisian gypsy that always has something positive to say about you and/or your artwork.

Madrigold, your contacts are more in the form of organizations than individuals at the moment, but when individuals do pop up we can work on them from there.
    Sounds good to me.

14. - Top - End - #14

Beholder

The general populace of the surface world? Those who know of them probably don't care too highly. But Absalom is a place where pretty much any culture of the world could meet, and they're used to strange faces.

I'll be whirring up to start the IC thread here pretty soon. Just been mentally prepping.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

Apology for sudden disappearance. I'll be unable to post anymore until Tuesday, so if the IC thread gets started before then, feel free to run Aenit as a DMPC or do whatever with him until then. I'll try to get back to this asap.

16. - Top - End - #16

Beholder

Getting things finalized for the IC thread start-up. It will be posted shortly, promise.

EDIT: It is now up. Feel free to make your decisions about IC posting such as color and font and whatnot. Away we go~

(IC) Missing - One Cat
    Last edited by Kesuke; 2013-09-16 at 02:12 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17

GnomePirate

Hey, does Garland worship a god? Actually do either of your characters worship Shelyn or a different god.

I desperately need to know so I can start trying to convert you two if you don't worship Shelyn. Just kidding.

Sort of.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

I have the Problem that I neither like Lamashtu, nor many of the demon Lords.
    Though the most fitting of them based on what Zirana can do would most likely be Fraz-Urb'luu, lord of Deception.

Also question:

Can Zirana see the Temple (specifically its steps in front or similar ground around it) from the bow of the ship?

/l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

Active Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Keldan Tamron - Trivoker
    Galen Medon - Batman?

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

I apologize for not posting yet. Internet was supposed be back up yesterday, no luck sadly. I'm hoping it's back up in the next few days, but I can't be certain.

20. - Top - End - #20

Beholder

The Starstone Cathedral is viewable from the ship, yes. The temple of Cailean is not.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

I just remembered, we know where we have to go right? I have Greater Teleport on me if it helps....though I guess we could save till after we know the job I guess.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Pixie in the Playground

Garland has respect for certain deities, namely Shelyn and Nethys. His respect is a step or two below reverence, however, so take that as you will.

If more insight to his personality is necessary, he feels like a stranger in a strange land.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

Internet issues are solved, so posting regularity shouldn't be an issue in the forseeable future.

24. - Top - End - #24

Beholder

Yes, all of you were contacted previously and arranged to meet up at the temple of Cayden Cailean in Absalom.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Pixie in the Playground

Is there room for Garland to infer more knowledge about the job than what his contacts have revealed to him so far?

26. - Top - End - #26

Beholder

Nothing specifically pertaining to this job, no.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

So..uh...this still a thing or...?