New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside XXXVII

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    Elsewhere

Lydia grimaces as the scene snaps into her mind, the guard shot by one of the New Whalers - now there was a sloppy group, nothing like the famous gang that had mysteriously vanished - and she had put him out of his misery, but a moment's hesitation had let Lady Jasmine see...

"And she'll faint in 3, 2, 1..." Lydia murmurs, shaking her head and switching to her sleep darts, ready to knock out the poor woman if the Outsider feels mischevious and things don't follow the script.
    Elsewhere

"What? Who's there!?" The lady is shocked out of her reverie by Lydia's murmurs. You should have known Lydia. This may be a memory, but that doesn't mean it won't respond to your actions...

Lady Jasmine peers into the darkness where Lydia waits, oblivious to the fact that the dark form she can barely make out is loading a potent concoction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    A Hillside

"I'll stop carrying it after it stops being needed,"
    Copi states. "So presumably sometime after the funeral." She answers the phone, and says to it, "Kate's phone, Kate not speaking. Hi Sophie-what? You-what? How? A British secret agent? No, I don't doubt you. Do you know why? ...what? I have a poor connection here- okay, yeah, the shark tank is straightforward."

...shark tank?
    A Hillside

"Wonder if I could rent one of the other places in the building." Mintbalm muses to herself as she zones out. For all she knows, Copi is muttering to no one and is having a tiny little healthy psychological break, but either way she isn't about to interrupt her. It's important, even if she's just pretending.
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2013-09-24 at 08:19 PM.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Dwarf in the Playground

A Hillside

"You... calm down. Think about this rationally... Sophie..." Copi sighs and hangs up. "Sophie's job was just cancelled, and between that and the funeral arrangements... I think she's breaking down into tears. She's been the lynch pin in this whole thing. Doing all the work, really, while the rest of us try to mourn and fail. And now she loses her job, and... she needs a friend. As soon as possible. You want to come with me?" Copi looks directly at Mintbalm, her eyes pleading. "Maybe give me a little boost?"

3. - Top - End - #273
    Orc in the Playground

[Imperial Mountain Base-Operation Ascendant]

Balthazar checked his gun, examining the weapon. He didn't really trust it, but if these...drones were as strong as he was told, he needed to keep his distance. Balthazar was wearing a traditional set of body armor, modified slightly to allow him clear access to head. He turned to look up at Cross.

"When was the last time you were up here anyway?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quotes:
    Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post
    Wikipedia NEVER had me busy for a whole day the way TV Tropes did. If Wikipedia is a Time Killer, TV Tropes is a Time Genocider.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    If you squint really hard, this is the plot of the Command & Conquer: Red Alert series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97
    Is the entirety of WoD made up of small decrepid ghost towns?

Inigo Montoya avatar by Serpentine.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

Operation Ascendant

Like Blu, Blu's Fighter stands out like a sore thumb when in a crowd. Like many Fighter Jockies, she's painted the front of her plane with a set of jaws, but instead of normal tiger jaws, it's her own head, mouth in a mad grin of waaaay too many sharp teeth ready to chomp down on things.

It was probably against Regulations, but at least she didn't do a pinup of herself.

And besides, it makes sense when one considers the fact that when Blu flies a fighter, she becomes the fighter.

She might also get a bit of leeway as since she melds with the aircraft, it allows for a greater capacity of fuel cells, greatly amplifying her power, fuel, and maneuvering ability.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Orc in the Playground

The Clouded Void- Flying Squidwhale

Oh, yeah. Forgot about that. The only clouds in sight is the contrail of swirling, rainbow-coloured clouds left behind by the flying squidwhale.

"Batteries... Yes, Pazuzu never bothered researching or stealing those, as we can just kick a cloud until lightning comes out and direct it at whatever needs the power. Devils can't break the laws either, they just accept that they can't and use them to their advantage." The Lieutenant smiles and nods her head.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

6. - Top - End - #276
    Firbolg in the Playground

[The Clouded Void - Squidwhale Howdah]

"No, see, drawing lightning from a cloud like that is breaking the laws. All magic, like that and my gauntlet, that's cheating the laws of things. They work according to their own laws, sometimes, but they're on a different level. Devils too." Ranna is smiling, but shaking his head.

"Still, it means we need a bidirectional battery, if you have powers like that. We would want that anyway, if you have enough storms to use them."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

7. - Top - End - #277
    Orc in the Playground

The Clouded Void- Flying Squidwhale Howdah

"That's pegasus magic, and it follows the laws of pegasus magic, which are a version of the laws of physics that decide how the universe works. It's basically cheating the system within the system, something demons can't understand." Laws of magic are still laws of physics, just an alternate version of them! Also, they're nearly at the palace. I think the whale's moving slower than when it went the other way, or maybe space/time is being screwy like it does in the Abyss.

8. - Top - End - #278

[The Clouded Void]\

I believe the two rocks just started moving apart from each other.

Ranna shrugs. "Alright. I hold that demons should be able to break that system too. But that relly won't change metal in batteries or how crystals lift, and all that. We're nearly there; anything I should know before meeting your Lord?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

9. - Top - End - #279
    Orc in the Playground

The Clouded Void- Flying Squidwhale Howdah

"Demons don't have pegasi magic. That's why it's pegasi magic. And yes, don't insult Him. In this realm, He decides the direction of every gust, the formation of every cloud and the location of every rock. He lets the pegasi produce localised weather systems around our homes so we aren't wiped out by sudden thunderstorms or rains of rocks, but our works are on a town or city basis. His are on a planar one- this void of clouds extends in every direction for longer than you can travel, and He controls it all." Or at least wants everyone to think He does. Letting it go wild and claiming it's all His doing is much easier.

10. - Top - End - #280

[The Clouded Void - Squidwhale->Palace?]

"But they have demonic magic, do they not?" Not magic suited to the production of planes, maybe.
    "Thanks for the warning."

He looks all around. All this emptiness, not a whole lot to rule, is it?
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2013-09-25 at 12:25 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

11. - Top - End - #281
    Orc in the Playground

The Clouded Void- Palace

"Yes, and demon magic is innate and obeys its own rules, not that the demons know what those rules are. If they did, they'd kill themselves by accident trying to do something they can't." It's empty, but there's a lot of it. And that's something important; it's no more infinite than any other demonic realm, but it's easier to travel in every direction.

The boardwalk is lowered, docking easily with the top of a tower... Though, there's a right angle where they meet. The pegasus with the braided mane and tail crosses first, coping with the difference in down quite easily.

12. - Top - End - #282

[Clouded Void - Palace]

"I was expecting something more metacapable. Would be a sight to see, trying to break the rules of rule-breaking magic." Ranna collects his supplies and approaches the transition to the tower nervously. Changes in gravity are always so disorienting. Carefully, he steps over, and follows the pegasi in.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

13. - Top - End - #283
    Orc in the Playground

Clouded Void- Palace

"No, it wouldn't. Not if your plans for life don't include being wiped completely from existence. That's what happened to the Demon Lord of Science, and now all anybody knows is what It represented and what It tried." The transition is confusing, but it's nothing unusual here.

The palaces innards are confusing and labyrinthine and also, confusingly, larger inside. Every window is an arrowslit, and the building is filled with (currently disarmed) traps and ambush points. Despite this, the decorations are lavish and contain many pieces of unusual artwork and artefacts looted from many buildings across many worlds.

14. - Top - End - #284

[Clouded Void - Palace]

"I take it that's not what he was trying. Noted."

Ranna walks down the halls, pausing to admire each of the pieces of art and displayed objects. "Who are you defending this place from?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

15. - Top - End - #285
    Orc in the Playground

Clouded Void- Pazuzu's Palace

"We aren't at the moment; we're just ready to start. Pazuzu has several ambitious underlings too competent to dispose of and currently too weak to challenge Him, several enemies amongst the other Demon Lords and provides the largest air force to the Blood War, so the Infernal Legions might strike at us too. Plus occasionally He does something that attracts the attention of the Celestial Choir and other groups. This is the Abyss; everyone fights to survive... And most survive to fight." If they were defending the place, the traps would be active, the corridors would be moving, and there'd be more demons and mortals wandering the halls looking for trouble.

16. - Top - End - #286

[Clouded Void - Palace Hallways]

"And what do you survive for? It's an approach with some merit, but not as satisfying for a mortal, constant fighting." He takes note of the traps and defenses as he passes. Might need to escape or fight his way in or out in the future, after all.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2013-09-25 at 06:04 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

Operation Ascendent

Nick is here in his "standard" stealth armor. He really misses having a coat over his gear. Still, he's not going to complain. He's pretty quiet for now as everyone sets up.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

18. - Top - End - #288
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    To Outside!

He raided the old World of Coke for it. It's one of the few adventures I've cemented as Justin's backstory.

Far as Power Armor goes, nah, he hates the things. They're hard to sneak around in. He had a close friend the the B.o.S, so it was almost always available to him, but he never picked up the perk. And before you ask, Chinese Stealth suits are rare. There was one in D.C. under lock and key.

"Your sister is just a gas, isn't she?" he says leaning into Alyca's scooting. "Like pirates vs ninjas is an actual thing, and that the ninjas couldn't easily beat pirates any day of the week." Ninjas would lie in wait at a port town in disguise for days, if not months, waiting for those pirates, and have all sorts of traps and the element of surprise.

And "feel free to make out?" Does she think we're just teenagers with no self-control, who'll go at each other the second we're not watched. He rather explicitly doesn't say this out loud, mostly because it would ruin any chance of kissing on this flight. With his luck, he'd say it, turn to look at her, and she'll be putting on lipstick, looking in a compact mirror.

"So, uh, how long is this flight?"
    [VTOL Party!]

There was one shiny super-valuable suit of insanely rare stealth armor in DC and Justin didn't steal it!? ... What have you done with the real Justin?

I bet Justin could've nabbed it had he really wanted to, but that powered armor would mess up his branding and cramp his flawless style.

"I told her that my diary is private!"

A suddenly blushing Alyca quietly fumes under her breath, grabbing a container of salsa, a bag of chips, a bottle of chilled cola, and mugs filled with ice and placing them upon a hard light table as they level off.

"I know, right! I love my sister, but she can be a real pain in the *** sometimes!

"Hey! I represent that! And two hours tops!"
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2013-09-25 at 11:15 PM.

19. - Top - End - #289

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Elven Diplomacy]

Following the shot there is a loud debacle from the treetops, meeps screaming, ruffling leaves and slamming their fists into the branches above them, causing all sort of things to fall down.

It doesn't seem to have caused them to leave but in the middle of the chaos a smaller completely white meep suddenly climbs down from a tree and slowly approaches them. It appears to be holding up some sort of green idol with it's palms.

If no one attempts to stop it, it will place the idol on the ground some distance from them and then point at Boris for some reason.

"Looks like it wants to trade something." The elf remarks. "I have no idea what that is though. Must be damn sturdy though, meeps usually break everything they come in contact with."
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    Ithuriel peers at the idol, "You don't think they want his gun, do you?" she asks the elf, frowning. So much for scaring the damn things off. At this rate they're going to have to go fetch a blackboard and chalk!
    Without saying anything, Boris draws his ballistic knife and holds it alongside his pistol. He approaches the idol, keeping his guard up and staying ready for an ambush.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    The axeman will land a glancing blow, giving Felandria a nasty cut on the arm.

She reaches for him to chuck him into the truck, along with the other men, who she will attempt to it back inside so she can lock them in.
    The axeman is grabed, but that doesn't mean he stops fighting. He tries to slash the axe into her skin. In his panic, since this may be his end, he even tries to bite her just to not get put into the truck. If that doesn't stop her he will be put into the truck. One of the mages from the truck tries his best and fires a frostray at Felandria as she puts the man in. She migth note that they act in panic now.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

TARDIS Adventures

When they finally get to the shop (I presume they're actually taken there), Butler will try to buy the one thing he's certain he'll need in the long untraveled dungeon.

He buys... a mop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Troll in the Playground

TARDIS Adventures

"Butler, you don't need to buy a mop!"
    Decker says. Surely she's about to explain to him that he doesn't need to clean dungeons. "We have a mop in the TARDIS cleaning closet!" Or not. "Unless you want two mops. Oooh, President's Glue!" It's just like Sovereign Glue, except freeform friendlier!
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

23. - Top - End - #293
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    Ithuriel peers at the idol, "You don't think they want his gun, do you?" she asks the elf, frowning. So much for scaring the damn things off. At this rate they're going to have to go fetch a blackboard and chalk!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    Without saying anything, Boris draws his ballistic knife and holds it alongside his pistol. He approaches the idol, keeping his guard up and staying ready for an ambush.
    [Meep Diplomacy]

"They probably do actually. Meeps like violent weapons even if they always end up breaking them in just a few hours. They respect it's force but are far too brutal to respect it's mechanics. Even such simply things as spears are a bit too complex for them." The elf who still haven't introduced herself claims.

The idol sits in the grass, waiting for Boris. The nearby meep is staring intensely at him however, now clearly pointing at his gun.

It doesn't appear like it or the meeps in the trees like to attack him though, at least not yet.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    The axeman is grabed, but that doesn't mean he stops fighting. He tries to slash the axe into her skin. In his panic, since this may be his end, he even tries to bite her just to not get put into the truck. If that doesn't stop her he will be put into the truck. One of the mages from the truck tries his best and fires a frostray at Felandria as she puts the man in. She migth note that they act in panic now.
    She gets cut again, but barely manages to get the man into the truck, the ray of frost hits her just as she closes the doors.

She leans against the door to hold it closed as she regains her breath.

Felandria grabs her wand and heals herself, then looks in her haversack for something to seal them inside.

She has a flash of inspiration and pulls out some rope.

She ties the rope around the door handles, using several knots, then casts a spell to turn the rope into stone.

Now that she had a minute to think, Felandria examines the contents of the other trucks, looking to see what she can bring back to show the mission was a success.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

25. - Top - End - #295

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [VTOL Party!]

There was one shiny super-valuable suit of insanely rare stealth armor in DC and Justin didn't steal it!? ... What have you done with the real Justin?

I bet Justin could've nabbed it had he really wanted to, but that powered armor would mess up his branding and cramp his flawless style.

"I told her that my diary is private!"

A suddenly blushing Alyca quietly fumes under her breath, grabbing a container of salsa, a bag of chips, a bottle of chilled cola, and mugs filled with ice and placing them upon a hard light table as they level off.

"I know, right! I love my sister, but she can be a real pain in the *** sometimes!

"Hey! I represent that! And two hours tops!"
    VTOL Party!

Justin lived 638 miles south of Washington DC. It was just a scant out of reach.

"So the cameras are off but the mics are still on? Or are we just loud?" he asks as she sets everything down.

"Here, let me pour for you," he says going for the cola. "So what kind of business runs a pirates and ninjas costume party?"
    Last edited by OrchestraHc; 2013-09-26 at 04:13 PM.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground

[Road to Sweden]
    Thryza and Hildur are off on their way to... Sweden.
    Thanks to Thryza's work earlier, they will be able to find a way that takes them rather less time than it would otherwise.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

27. - Top - End - #297
    Pixie in the Playground

[VTOL Party! - Untz untz untz!]

"The mics are on. If you two needed to contact me immediately, how else would you do it? That and depriving you of my fabulous company would be a crime!"

Miriah laughs over the speakers.

Alyca just rolls her eyes at Miriah's comment before answering Justin.

"The eccentric owner of a weapons company that'll be releasing a new product to his favorite partner companies in less than a week. We want to be one of his favorites, so we unfortunately won't be cheating anyone out of their money this time around."

"Pickpocketing people is acceptable, though! In fact, Miriah is planning on attempting to pickpocket every single one of our rivals while we're there."
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2013-09-26 at 10:25 PM.

28. - Top - End - #298

VTOL Party! - I Believe I Can Fly

"Hey, I played that game of poker straight." If you don't count Miriah's "help," which he doesn't, or his chatting, which is hardly a crime. "Remarkably straight, and they loved me. Everyone except your pal Jimmy. Also way to tempt an addict, Aly," he chides, also really obviously testing a nickname, gauging her reaction. He also passes her a cup of cola, just cuz.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

29. - Top - End - #299
    Orc in the Playground

[Operation Ascendant]

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    "Do bear in mind that these can be Fast Type Zombies," Red retorts, even as he goes to board The Robt. He's grinning, of course, and at an appearance that seems to be all that he's armed with....

...as the robot starts playing In The Hall of the Mountain King over its external speakers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inigo Montoya View Post
    Balthazar checked his gun, examining the weapon. He didn't really trust it, but if these...drones were as strong as he was told, he needed to keep his distance. Balthazar was wearing a traditional set of body armor, modified slightly to allow him clear access to head. He turned to look up at Cross.

"When was the last time you were up here anyway?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Like Blu, Blu's Fighter stands out like a sore thumb when in a crowd. Like many Fighter Jockies, she's painted the front of her plane with a set of jaws, but instead of normal tiger jaws, it's her own head, mouth in a mad grin of waaaay too many sharp teeth ready to chomp down on things.

It was probably against Regulations, but at least she didn't do a pinup of herself.

And besides, it makes sense when one considers the fact that when Blu flies a fighter, she becomes the fighter.

She might also get a bit of leeway as since she melds with the aircraft, it allows for a greater capacity of fuel cells, greatly amplifying her power, fuel, and maneuvering ability.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Nick is here in his "standard" stealth armor. He really misses having a coat over his gear. Still, he's not going to complain. He's pretty quiet for now as everyone sets up.
    "Oh, don't kill the-" Hill is replying to Red on the comm, except then Cross shoots him a glare. The engineer's look proves to be enough to shut him up.

Said engineer then turns to Balthazar. "Before the place was abandoned. I'm familiar with a lot of the tech, especially around the construction area. It's why I'm here, although I don't know nearly enough about how these Borg work..." He glances towards N'alae. "Don't know how our good 'Emissary' knows so much about them either, not that I'm going to pry."

"Classified." Is all N'alae says.

"Of course," Cross mutters.

The infiltration team's shuttle lands near one of the entrances. "Officer Hill, you're on point, everyone else, standard formation."

"Is this because-"

"No, it's because your skeleton deflects bullets, now follow orders." Engineer Cross evidently has no time for this nonsense.

Hill will reluctantly lead the way into the base. However, as he does, something odd happens.

One of those nonfunctioning turrets nearby turns to face the infiltration team, whirring. At this, Major Xanatov interjects on the comm again. "Look out!"

...but despite her protests, the turret doesn't fire, instead sparking and sputtering and seeming to stop doing much of anything. Thing probably melted part of it or something.

N'alae is quick to start questioning what just happened. "If the Borg had co-opted the defenses, they would have bothered repairing them. Cross?"

"No idea, the automated systems should've just shut them down in that state. Let's just...keep moving." The engineer doesn't seem to know what just happened either.

Then the Major starts talking on the comms again. "Alright, assault force, stand by for the signal to attack and keep an eye out for any more surprises. I have a really bad feeling about this."
    Last edited by Darkcomet; 2013-09-27 at 11:55 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ogre in the Playground

TARDIS Adventures

"If this place is as dirty as I expect, I need a new mop to take care of it ma'am. Maybe even two ma'am. Ohhh... Insolvency ma'am!" The counterpoint to President's glue, it helps clean up those really sticky messes that butlers have to deal with! Fortunately it's an actual brand name rather than a word with a definition!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.