New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default So Mr. Bond....We meet agian (Class)

Here's a generic class to act as a bbeg/manipulator tell me what you think since I'm trying something very new here.

"But perhaps there's the tiniest bit of potential...if aligned to my vision and brain"

"MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINIONS RETREAT!!!!!!"~The Monarch

MASTER MIND

to qualify for the Master Mind class the following must be fullfilled

BAB: 2
    Skills: Diplomacy 4, bluff 4, intimidate 4, knowledge (any) 5, sense motive 2, gather information 2,
    Feats: Leadership, negotiator

Hd= d10
    Class skills: Intimidate, Diplomacy, bluff, knowledge (any 2), sense motive, gather information, disable device, use magical device, appraise, slight of hand

{table]|level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special|
    |1|0|2|2|2|inspire effort, sneak attack +1d6|
    |2|1|2|2|2|Minion, Inspire unity|
    |3|2|3|3|3|informants, sneak attack +1d8|
    |4|2|3|3|3|Inspire loyalty, Rule by Fear|
    |5|3|4|4|4|Stratagist|
    |6|4|4|4|4|arch nemesis, sneak attack+1d10|
    |7|4|5|5|5|inspire zeal|
    |8|6|5|5|5|inspire terror|
    |9|7|6|6|6|sneak attack +2d6, inspire fanatacism|
    |10|9|6|6|6|Looming Prescence|[/table]

Inspiration:
    the very physical prescence of a Master Mind inspires competence giving his followers a +1 to attacks, damage, and skill checks

Minion:
    At second level a Master Mind gains a superior circle of enforcers to act as their inner circle or body guards. The combined HD of the favored minions cannot excede equals 1/2 Mastermind level X charisma modifier
    Favored Minions are diffrent from hirelings and followers in the following reasons.

HD bonus: starting at second level the total HD pool of the favored minions of an mastermind gain a D6 bonus that can be distributed in any way amoungst the HP of the favored minions. at 4th level this increases to 2d6, at 6th 3d6 at 8th 4d6 and at 10th 5d6.

Unflapable loyalty: Favored minions cannot be convinced to leave their mission or other wise betray their leader by Diplomacy, bluffs or intimidates

Inspire Unity:
    the very prescence of the Master Mind inspires his followers and hirelings to work together. All present followers use the same inititive roll and gain a bonus +1 when aiding another with another minion.

Informants:
    The Mastermind gains a series of spies and informants. This gives them a bonus +4 to gather information and knowledge local and knowledge nobility

Inspire loyalty:
    Followers and hirelings are inspired and become loyal to the Master Mind. they gain a bonus equal to the Master Mind's charisma modifier to sense motive checks vs Diplomacy and Bluff

Rule By Fear
    Followers sincerly fear betraying their master Mind. When attempting a intimidate check agianst a follower or hireling the intimidate check must beat a intimidate check made by the Master Mind

Stratagist
    Followers and minions gain certian feats and abilities that the Mastermind himself has when in the physical prescence or when otherwise in constant communication and contact with their Master Mind. the following abilities can be given to hirelings and followers
    combat expertise, favored enemy, archnemesis, dodge, mobility, spring attack.

Archnemesis: A Mastermind can choose a PC or NPC to be declared their archnemesis. They gain a bonus +2 to attack rolls and +2 to saves and AC agianst this archnemesis.

Inspire zeal:
    a Master Mind's followers and hirelings can be inspired to fly into a wave of extacy and determination at their Master Mind's urging. Once per day teh Master Mind can give off a war cry that causes his followers in contact with him to fly into a rage as the barbarian ability

inspire terror:
    A Master Mind has gained enough reputation to be feared by mortals who his her name as a boogie man to terrorfy their children. Upon seeing the Master Mind all opposing characters make a will save versus the Mastermind's intimidate roll. If they fail they are shaken.

Inspire Fanatacism
    A Master Mind can inspire minions and hirelings that they have been in contact with for the last week to become undeniably loyal to them. They become immune to diplomacy, bluff and intimidate attempts and are willing to die to fullfill their Master Mind's orders. They temporarily gain the die hard feat.

Looming Prescence
    A Master Mind's reputation and charisma expands beyond their mere physical prescence. All Hirelings and Minions are effected by the inspire effects of the Master Mind class regardless of whether they are in contact with their Master Mind.

Master Minds: are proficient with simple weapons and light armor.

Last edited by Ing; 2006-12-21 at 11:32 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: So Mr. Bond....We meet agian (Class)

Kind of odd save bonuses and BAB.
    My Deviantart, Please enjoy it.
    Invincible Maiden Avatar by GryffonDurime.

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew by Krimm Blackleaf

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

..The BaB, saves and sneak attack progressions are all wrong.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ing View Post

Inspiration:
    the very physical prescence of a Master Mind inspires competence giving his followers a +1 to attacks, damage, and skill checks

Something suspicious going on here, it never works like that.
    "that nighted, penguin-fringed abyss" - At The Mountains of Madness, H.P. Lovecraft

When a man decides another's future behind his back, it is a conspiracy. When a god does it, it's destiny.

5. - Top - End - #5

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki_Akuma View Post
    ..The BaB, saves and sneak attack progressions are all wrong.
    How are they wrong? They're diffrent and seem balanced but how are they wrong?

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

They ain't core is what this guy's saying..... not a bad class, but not one I'd use unfortunately.
    Attack of the most awesome Ceikatar!!!!!

My stocks:OOTS 40, HNJO 88, GOLD 5.

What do you get when you cross Star Wars, Star Trek, OD&D, and percentile rolls, and jumble it up in a big pot of surrealism? This game right here.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Librarian View Post
    Altharis' crown is beautiful in its simplicity, a symbol of understated elegance and a sign that this man is both aware of his power and his responsibilities; the sort of guy Spider-Man would like to have a drink with.

7. - Top - End - #7

Was the first epigram from Scar?

I never thought hyenas essential--
    They're crude and unspeakably plain
    --And yet they've a glimmer of potential
    If allied with my vision and brain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.

8. - Top - End - #8

Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    Was the first epigram from Scar?

I never thought hyenas essential--
    They're crude and unspeakably plain
    --And yet they've a glimmer of potential
    If allied with my vision and brain.
    Yes...yes it is

9. - Top - End - #9

Fixed saves to be Monk progression-1 starting and the BAB to be rogue.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

No, save progressions can't start as anything other than +2 or 0. And the BaB can't progress 1/1 and yet start on 0. If it starts on 0 it's either 1/2 progression (as wizard) or 3/4 progression (as cleric, rogue, monk...).

This is the way it works. If you come up with a prestige class that doesn't work that way, you're going to run into problems.

Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

11. - Top - End - #11

Bab is fixed to 3/4. and since the whole archetype is based around surviving to fight another day and living through seemingly fatal events I'll justify giving it Monk saves.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

No, 3/4 goes 0, 1, 2, 3, 3, 4, 5, 6, 6, 7... and so on. Repeat each multiple of 3 twice, basically.

13. - Top - End - #13

fine fixed. Should I require Leadership as a prereq or give it as a bonus feat at first level? I think it should have the requirements Lawful and have a certian charisma or int modifier.

14. - Top - End - #14

The prereqs should be tougher. Right now, a Rogue can qualify for this at level 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

with leadership you need to be at least lvl 7
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad

16. - Top - End - #16
    Bugbear in the Playground

NPC's don't need Leadership. They have other NPCs
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Chumleigh View Post
    Oh.
    Oh, my.
    You just earned seventeen cool points by my reckoning. And I'm so sigging that.
    Cheers,
    --Count Chumleigh