Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 321
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    MonkGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2013

    Default Planescape Pathfinder

    Sunday, second week, Year 840 started out as any other day for the world of Aldebent. Goblins raided caravans, men fought each other and all other races over food or land or trade, elves fought to protect the forests, dwarves mined in the mountains, and dragons guarded large piles of treasure. Until just after noon. When a bright, sliver light started to fill the sky and land and very air. The gods all fell silent. No one knew what to make of it. And then the world exploded.....









    OOC Thread
    Last edited by jedipotter; 2013-09-08 at 09:33 PM.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    MonkGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2013

    Default Re: Planescape Pathfinder

    Each of you is going about a normal day......until just after noon. Then the bright sliver light filled everywhere, then for a moment everything floated, and then just a moment later, everything exploded.

    Trees, buildings, rocks, dirt and people all fly outward as smoke and flames fill everywhere. Much of what you see around is destroyed: a forest reduced to ash by a massive gout of flame, rocks crumble to dust buildings shatter into debris.

    And then it is over....

    But nothing is the same. The sky above is a bright purple in color. There is no sun that you can see in the sky, yet all around is as bright as full daylight.

    Each of you, along with dozens of rocks, trees, bits of rock as well as the occasional duck, cat or goat fall into a shallow sea. The water is a deep emerald green, nothing like any sea you have seen before. The water is only about two feet deep, and the sea floor is hard and rocky. There is no obvious land around in any direction, but the air gets quite hazy after a hundred feet or so making it impossible to see far.


    Spoiler
    Show
    Don't forget to describe the appearance of your character.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    I don't know
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planescape Pathfinder

    Garrick was walking down a path bordering a forest and a large plain, the Half-Orc was large and built like a warrior, his skin was grey and coal-black hair was thick as was his beard, he wasn't as ugly as most of his kind, some would even call him handsome but he saw himself as a monster no-one cared about, it was three days after the mercenary group known as the Daring Wolves fell apart due to the leader's suicide, he left the rest of them in the dead of night and started travelling alone, he looked up to see the sun in the middle of the sky and decided it was about time to stop for a break and have lunch.

    As he was about to find a nice place to rest the bright silver light surrounded him, he grunted and reached for his sword, as he grabbed the hilt he paused, surprised by a strange weightless feeling, before he could get his thoughts together the world exploded, he opened his eyes to see everything flying outward and the world being destroyed.

    He screamed as he flew backwards into the strange sea, when he felt himself inhaling water he franticly tried to swim up only to discover the water was shallow and he quickly sat up breathing heavily, after taking a moment to calm down he stood up and examined his surroundings.

    "The hells?" He swore to himself, the strange new surroundings confused him, as he looked around for a safe place to rest or sleep during the night he yelled at the top of his lungs. "HELLO! IS ANYONE OUT THERE?!"
    Last edited by JHShadon; 2013-09-11 at 03:54 AM.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jun 2013

    Default Re: Planescape Pathfinder

    Lucian sighed in content as he walked away from yet another tavern, full from a heart meal. His eyes drifted across the village, whose name truth be told, he couldn't remember. Reaching up to scratch at his sandy brown hair, he continued on his stroll, pointedly ignoring the curious villagers who glanced at him on the street. Standing at at about 5'10, and with his bright green eyes he knew he was an interesting looking figure, he also knew that it was his part-elven appearance that set him apart, it always did, but he knew better than to be offended by it. It was hard for him to believe that he had already been away from home for 6 months. Lost in thoughts of home, he was abruptly distracted but a sudden flare of light. He was nearly blinded by the sudden burning silver light that burst across his eyes. He staggered, or he thought he might have as he suddenly felt as if he was falling. Clamping his eyes shut he let out a yell as a great roaring sounded, tearing everything asunder.
    His yell choked off as suddenly water filled his mouth and nose. Instinct arose and he hurled himself up, choking a little more as he gasped for breath. Opening his eyes he fought off a wince, his vision wasn't quite clear but he could make out a few figures, "What?he rasped, What happened?

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planescape Pathfinder

    Bly looked at Nvidia his expression full of doubt and worry.They had agreed to join forces against whatever was stalking the school. Nvidia had suggest the ritual they performing: a memory sharing Psionic link she had been developing.
    She smiled and took his hand "Don't worry I've done all the work myself. We can do this."
    Bly instantly felt calmer "Thanks"
    He was not much to look at standing barly 3 feet bly looked like a small nervous blue catipillar Fidgeting with his upper hands, his mid limbs were tucked around him just below his blue and red scholar shirt and vest. His sickle like claws out of the way. He sat down adjusting his green and black kilt as he tried to get comfortable while she prepared the spell. They joined hand and she asked him again "You sure you saw it?"
    "Yes." Bly replied in terror.
    The spell started and images started to flow between them. Bly could see into Nvidia mind and her into his. Small memories of her studying or talking to the teachers floated by in Bly's mind but he was trying to send her an important memory. The night he saw IT.
    (Crouched over the corpse of student its back to Bly it was tall twice as tall as Bly even in its crouched state. With Black skin and a pair of ..)
    BOOM!
    The connection suddenly terminated. Bly felt he had just been kicked in the by a mule. Nvidia looked even worse suddenly turning pale.
    Outside though the window of Nvidia's dorm Bly saw some great blinding light. Nvidia screamed something and the world exploded.

    Bly felt himself falling a little confused. "Huh Purple. hmm."
    Landing the water however woke him up he crawled and sputtered out of the water on to a small out cropping of rock. Sputtering he looked around amazed and terrifiedAt the same time. Then he thought wheres Nvida? He started calling out. "Nvidia! Nvidia! You there?!" He called a few times into the strange foggy distance hoping for a reply. However with his calls going unanswered he decided it wouldn't do him any good clinging to the rocks. He decided to take inventory. He still had his back pack and he felt normal but..
    Suddenly he heard out in the distance "HELLO! IS ANYONE OUT THERE?!"
    Bly replied full of releif Over Here! Over Here!
    Suddenly Bly heard something fly over head and he looked up. IT looked back at him with dead black soulless eyes and continued on flying off with a form in its claws.
    Bly suddenly felt very afraid.Deciding to risk it he hurried off to where he last heard the voice and called out "You There!?"
    He started to activate his light illuminating himself and the surrounding area in a green soft light. He hoped whoever he had heard would see him.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jun 2013

    Default Re: Planescape Pathfinder

    Lucian shook his head roughly closed his eyes briefly. Suddenly he heard a voice in the distance yell, "HELLO! IS ANYONE OUT THERE?!"
    Opening his eyes he looked for the source of the yell. To his surprise he could make out the form of what appeared to be an orc making his way out of the water. Suddenly he blinked, on the opposite side of the orc a small blue figure was bounding forward.
    Pulling himself forward he strode out of the water onto the beach making a line to the other figures, calling out loudly, I am here! Who are you?. As he drew nearer he could see that his assumption was a mistake, the figure was not a full orc, but rather a half-orc, "How ironic," he thought to himself, "A half orc and a half elf meet on a beach."

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    I don't know
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planescape Pathfinder

    Garrick heard a voice reply. "Over here! Over here!" He followed it, as he did he heard another voice from behind him say "I am here! Who are you?" Garrick stopped and turned around to see a Half-Elf approach him, Garrick replied "My name is Garrick, your's"

    From behind him he heard the first voice again, it asked "You there!?" He looked behind to see a green light where the voice came from and answered "Yea, I'm still here." He then looked back to the Half-Elf and said "Let's go to the other guy, then we can figure out what to do next." He then begun walking to the one in the light before the Half-Elf could reply.
    Last edited by JHShadon; 2013-09-12 at 08:05 AM.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    MonkGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2013

    Default Re: Planescape Pathfinder

    Note:There is no 'beach' or 'land' of any sort within your sight. The shallow deep green water sea extends as far as you can see.


    The couple of ducks nearby let out a couple quacks and simply float along in the water, no worse for ware. Two black cats hop around like mad, until they both hop up onto a floating, uprooted, tree.

    A group of gnomes pick themselfs up out of the water as well. They have on simple clothing, and have the look of farmers. They are not armed, but the older gnome male does have a shovel.

    After a couple more seconds, things stop falling from the sky. There is not much around that did not sink. A couple of uprooted trees, a couple of sunflowers, tall uprooted grasses and a single wooden barrel.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planescape Pathfinder

    As Bly approached he dowsed his light. The green glow fading as he finally reached the two. One was Half-orc in armor and looking quite intimidating. The other a half elf had a more mystical look to him. Neither he recognized.
    Deciding to introduce himself he walked up to the two.
    "Hello Uh Sirs? I don't remember seeing you around the collage. But before I forget I'm Bly I'm a student of the collage. You wouldn't happen to know where we are would you? Also have you seen a dark skinned human girl around named Nvidia? She's my friend.'
    He hoped he made the right impression.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    MonkGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2013

    Default Re: Planescape Pathfinder

    Off to your right, some twenty feet away, the gnome family huddles together quite shocked and confused.


    Then, just a couple feet from from them.....forms burst up out of the water....crab-like humanoids. Seven of them in total. They are dark brown and greenish and stand only about five feet tall on eight legs. They are quite wide and cover in a thick shell. They have two long arms with large, sharp looking claws. They each wear belts and harnesses with some bags and pouches, but you see no weapons.

    The crab men move quickly to attack the gnomes....in just a couple seconds the gnome family is cut to pieces. The older male gnome gets a couple swings with his shovel in, but it just bounces off the hard shell. Then he too is cut to pieces. Seconds later there is nothing left of the gnomes, but tiny bits of flesh, blood and bone...that the crab men just carelessly dump into the water.

    Then the crab men turn in your direction.......

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    I don't know
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planescape Pathfinder

    When Garrick saw the creature emitting the light he was confused as he had never seen such a creature before, he figured that it was probably smart enough not to attack him and was in the same situation he is in, so he decided to trust it for now. After listening to it speak he replied "I am Garrick, a mercenary, I do not know which college you speak of and I have no idea where we are or where your friend is."

    As he was about to say something else he heard multiple things rising up from the water, he looked in to his right and saw the crab creatures attacking the Gnomes, he frowned and drew his greatsword while thinking, "They are too far to save, the water would make it difficult to charge and may hide some nasty surprises, I'll stand my ground here and see what these two can do to help." He took a defensive stance and said to the talking bug and Half-Elf, "Get behind me and tell me what you can do in a fight."
    Last edited by JHShadon; 2013-09-13 at 01:21 AM.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planescape Pathfinder

    Bly Takes a couple of steps back at the sight of the farmers grisly demise.
    "Get behind me and tell me what you can do in a fight."
    "Nu Not Much" Bly stutters as he digs into his back pack and pulls out a light crossbow.
    "I think where out of our league here"
    He takes a few more steps back clearly reluctant to fight.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jun 2013

    Default Re: Planescape Pathfinder

    Lucian flinched as he saw the poor gnome family so brutally attacked. "God's! he hissed. He shifted as to stand next to the half-orc when the crab creatures turned their attention. He raised his arms in a classic caster's pose. "Back! Get back ye damned monsters!' he roared.
    {Roll for initiative}
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+3)[22]

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    MonkGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2013

    Default Re: Planescape Pathfinder

    Round 1 The seven 'crab men' are in a loose group twenty feet away from where you all stand at yhe start of the round.


    'Crabmen' Initiative
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+1)[19]



    All:Everyone roll Initiative(if you wish to act in round 1)

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    MonkGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2013

    Default Re: Planescape Pathfinder

    Lucian gets to act first on Round 1

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    MonkGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2013

    Default Re: Planescape Pathfinder

    As Lucian spontaneously vanishes from the multiverse.....


    The crab men walk ten feet closer and click their claws together a lot, in rhythm with clicking some plates on their necks and chests.


    Round 1 Garrick may act.....

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    I don't know
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planescape Pathfinder

    Garrick heard Bly's reply and said back, "I don't think running is much of an option right now, just do what you can." He then charged toward the rightmost crab man and swung his greatsword in a mighty horizontal arc.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Using Power Attack
    Attack roll: (1d20+5)[9]
    Damage Roll: (2d6+8)[15]

    Possible Crit rolls
    Attack: (1d20+5)[13]
    Damage: (2d6+8)[13]
    Last edited by JHShadon; 2013-09-16 at 10:38 AM.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jun 2013

    Default Re: Planescape Pathfinder

    <Sorry, I didn't know it was my turn>

    Lucian extended his right index finger, brows furrowed in concentration. A crackling bolt of electric energy burst from his hand speeding toward the closest crab-man

    Spoiler
    Show
    Elemental Ray
    Attack Roll: (1d20+1)[7]
    Damage Roll:(1d6)[5]

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    MonkGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2013

    Default Re: Planescape Pathfinder

    Lucian's bolt of electricity hits a crab man just below it's head and causes a sparkle along it's shell for a moment. Then the crabman shakes and falls face first into the water, not moving, as tiny whisps of smoke come out of it's shell.

    Garrick's sword bounces off the hard shell of the crabman.


    Bly can act...

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planescape Pathfinder

    Bly Yells "Go Away" at the approaching crab men as he fires off a crossbow bolt at one of the creatures and reloads.
    "What are these things?"
    Spoiler
    Show

    Light Crossbow:
    To Hit (1d20)[6]
    Damage (1d6)[4]

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    MonkGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2013

    Default Re: Planescape Pathfinder

    Bly's crossbow bolt lands in the water, far off to the right of the crabmen, with a splash in the shallow water.

    The crabmen take round one to click and clack with their claws and shells.



    Round 2

    Lucian gets to act first on Round 2........

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jun 2013

    Default Re: Planescape Pathfinder

    Lucian shifted his attention to the 2nd creature as soon as the first one fell. He watched as Bly fired a crossbow but frowned as the bolt missed. He stepped over two feet to the left and raising his hand once, more a green orb of light materialized.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Acid Orb
    Attack(1d20+1)[14]
    Damage (1d3)[2]

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    I don't know
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planescape Pathfinder

    Garrick made a mental note as his sword scrapped harmlessly against the shell of the crab-man, he then changed the his grip and slammed the greatsword's pommel into the crab-man's skull.

    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm guessing the crab's have made their goal for the second round, if not assume I did my attack after theirs.
    Attack: (1d20+5)[18]
    Damage: (2d6+8)[10]

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    MonkGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2013

    Default Re: Planescape Pathfinder

    Lucian's acid orb sprays a crab man and the acid eats through it's hard shell and wounds it.



    One of the crabmen stays back, ten feet away from the rest, and makes a odd, clicking and whistle sound endlessly. The other five move forward and split up into groups of two, two and one.

    Two attack Lucian each with a claw jab
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+1)[5] (1d6+1)[5] (1d20+1)[3] (1d6+1)[6]

    The claws snap in the air and never get close...

    Two attack Garrick each with a single stab from one of their sharp claws
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+1)[5] (1d6+1)[4] (1d20+1)[3] (1d6+1)[6]



    The claws again snap in the air


    One moves over to attack Bly with a claw
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+1)[3] (1d6+1)[2]


    The crabman misses....

    Garrick slams his greatsword's pommel into the shell of a crab man, just below it's head and feels the nice 'pop' as the shell crushes inward. The crabman flops to the water and stops moving.


    Bly's turn
    Last edited by jedipotter; 2013-09-17 at 06:48 PM.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planescape Pathfinder

    Bly looks at the thing looming down on him and shouts out "Get back ya over grown lobster."
    However He suddenly feels strange. Inside his head he hears a voice (These creatures are quite tiresome) His body suddenly feels light as though he is not in control. His moth forms words of power he doesn't recognize and he reaches out his hand suddenly glowing with negative energy towards the crabman.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Inflict light wounds
    to hit (1d20+1)[10]
    Damage (1d8+1)[5]

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    MonkGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2013

    Default Re: Planescape Pathfinder

    The crabman keeps well away from Bly's touch....


    Round 3

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jun 2013

    Default Re: Planescape Pathfinder

    Lucian let out his breath as the crab things' wicked claws missed him.HA," he bellowed as he watched Garrick smite another foe. Nice job." he called. Turning his attention to yet another creature, he moved forward, drawing his mace as he did so.

    Attack (1d20)[9]
    Damage(1d6)[6]

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    MonkGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2013

    Default Re: Planescape Pathfinder

    Lucian's mace bounces off the crabman's thick shell without doing any harm.



    Then, Suddenly, a six bolas come flying out of the haze to the left of where you all are. Some of the bolas fall into the water, but a couple hit and get quite entangled on the crabmen. Then a large, wide, flat bottomed wooden skiff moves out of the haze. And leaping off the skiff with lots of high pitched shouts and squeaks come six fox-like humanoids with maces. They quickly land around the crabmen and smash them all into the water.

    The fox-like humanoids are about five feet tall, and have on belts, pouches, and plenty of weapons. They finish off the crabmen, and then turn to look at the three of you.

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    I don't know
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planescape Pathfinder

    As Garrick bashed the skull of the second crabman in with his greatsword's pommel, he saw six bolas come flying towards the remaining crabmen, entangling them, he looked in the direction that the bolas came from and saw a large boat coming out of the mist as six of it's crew jumped off to finish the crabmen.

    Garrick then walked back to Bly and the Half-Elf, resting his blade on his shoulder instead of tying it back to his back in-case he needs it in an instant during the next few minutes, he eyed the Foxmen up and down, wondering if any of these was the captain or if the captain was still on the ship.
    Last edited by JHShadon; 2013-09-19 at 09:39 AM.

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jun 2013

    Default Re: Planescape Pathfinder

    Lucian sighed in relief as their benefactors took down the remaining monsters, when his mace had just bounced off he hadn't been sure what to think. Turning to face the fox men he smiled genially. "Hello," he said in common and repeated himself in elven

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •