New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Banned

MonkGuy

Default Re: Planescape Pathfinder

Ohajrah Allayto'skatara turns to Bly and wiggles his ears. And waits.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Bly Thinks for a bit pondering the information he has.
    Spoiler
    Show
    This tale I've only heard once. A bard was telling it at a bar I worked at a few years a go and its allways stuck with me. I'm not sure if its a joke or a legend but it deals with another species from the dead lands . Their called Oaklings Their known for being very dwarfish: piratical and business like. Despite being a race of walking, talking trees.
    The story begins after the the battle of Shallow Glen. It was a fierce battle between the fey of the forest and a battalion of devils. The devils nearly burnt the entire place to the ground but were finally scattered and defeated. Only a few fey, trees and a single elf druid survived the battle. They fey looked out and cried at the devastation of their forest and begged the druid to restore the forest. But this elven druid was needed elsewhere. Determined to find a solution he scoured the battle field looking for anything he could use to help repair the forest.
    Eventually he came upon a small cave. Its entrance had caved in long ago, but the devils had recently opened it up again. He entered and found a stash of devilish weapons: spiked chains, serrated blades and tridents of hellfire. Everything however was unusable. It had apparently been a place to store the broken weapons. Before he left though in the back he spied a spot in the cave that hadn't been touched by the devils. An alcove with a dwarven corpse rotten but growing out of its chest a small sapling.
    Deciding to take a risk. The druid decided to cast a spell of reincarnation. However the dwarven body and the seedling fused and were warped by the druids magic. What resulted was the first Oakling.
    Delighted by his creation he called the new creature Deep Root and took him back to the fey. He had decided that the oakling would be able to help the fey while he traveled abroad to help else where. However as soon as he had introduced the oakling and told them it would help them. Then Deep Root spoke up.
    No. I will not spend my time babysitting a bunch of trees.
    Stunned by this the druid turned to Deep root and started to speak. Deep Root however just punched him knocking the exhausted druid out. It then spoke to the stunned fey.
    Nature doesn’t infest me. Then Deep Root stole the elf’s money and pants.
    Bly looks sheepish after finishing the story.
    Sorry it's not very good he was half drunk while telling it. About then he collapsed over and started snoring. His friend an oakling walked over and collected him soon after mumbling something about “always with the pants-less elves”.

"Thats one chapter I think but I guess there is more to pay than just one."
    Bly taps his foot and starts concentrating.
    Spoiler
    Show
    This next feature closer to home it all began when one of my brothers wandered into the woods. His name was Vester. He was always a trouble maker getting into everything. So one day when our gaurdians were busy he sneaked off into the nearby woods. He was found later in a hollow and only said that he just got stuck. I knew he was lying he was probably the most athletic of us. So while the others just chalked it up to him being embarrassed and dropped it, I kept nagging and asking him until he told me.
    He told me when he went into the forest he was chasing a cat he loved cats and wanted one as a pet. He chased the cat into the forest and before he knew it he had lost both the cat and his way. He wandered for a bit and it soon grew dark. Then he started to hear a sound “whack whack” like someone chopping wood. It was very faint at first but it gave him hope. There was a wood cutter in the forest he often came to town and my brother knew he would be able to help him get home. So he started to follow the sounds. Following them at first was difficult the sound seemed to be random. But he soon heard it more frequently as he got closer. He soon found the wood cutters cabin the inside illuminated with light. But it was not the wood cutter who was chopping wood.
    Outside the house at the chopping block chopping wood was a tall human like figure dressed in white suit with black shoes. He had his back turned to my brother in the dim light of the moon he couldn't make out who it was but he recognized it was not the woods man. Deciding that he might be hired help or something he called out. But it wasn't even human. Its face was pale and smooth with four nails sticking out the corners of its face. As it turned my brother felt like he had been dipped in ice. Then it gripped the axe and started to walk towards my brother. My brother ran hoping to out pace the creature. But he heard its behind him every step of the way. Looking behind him he saw the creature was keeping pace with him easily its long arm reaching towards him with nails for fingers. He then saw a hollow beneath a tree and dove into it scrambling as far as he could in the back. The creature stuck its arm in trying to grab him its nail fingers so close he could see the rust. Then he heard our gaurdians calling out for him. He screamed hoping the heard him. The creature withdrew its hand and ran off vanishing into the mist.
    I never told our guardians about that. Only after I came to the collage did I learn the creature had a name Zozobra. A man of the mists who would kill unknowing travelers and steal their faces to wear.

Bly finishes his story.
    "I think that two chapters correct?"

3. - Top - End - #273
    Banned

MonkGuy

Ohajrah Allayto'skatara hands over five scrolls of lesser confusion and a clear crystal wand. "Why yes. Thank you for shopping. May the items you bought bring you grand feature worth adventure, or at least a noble death."

Ohajrah stays close, but half turns away and moves some scrolls on a shelf around.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Once the items were bought Garrick looked to his companions and asked, "Is there anything else either of you need or are you both ready to get back to Sorebry?"

5. - Top - End - #275

Lizardfolk

"I think that is every thing for now thank you sir."
    {You aren't going to try and say his name?}
    {At this point I need to just stop embarrassing my self. These peoples names I can barely say, never mind trying to memorize them.}
    {Aww I wanted you to keep trying though. I wanted to see how much you could screw them up. That is always entertaining.}
    {}

6. - Top - End - #276
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Geir nods too, though he wasn't sure where to go next. Back to Sorebryst to protect her or keep investigating. He asked his companions as such
    "Fear cuts deeper than swords"

7. - Top - End - #277

AssassinGuy

Garrick looked to Geir with curiosity and asked, "Where do you think we should go to investigate?"

8. - Top - End - #278
    Banned

MonkGuy

A gentile rain falls from the clouds above. The wind blows the rain around in a fine mist. Everything quickly gets wet. People that you see hardly notice. They just keep doing whatever it was that they were doing, and just get wet.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Banned

MonkGuy

A raki in dark green clothing walks down the way as he plays a guitar and sings:

When it rains I don't mind
    Let me stand here all night
    Did she take her own life?
    Let me know she's alright

And every time it rains
    I feel her holding me
    And every time it rains
    Are the angels crying?

I'll stay strong, I'll be fine
    Carry on with my life
    I still stare at the sky
    Pray for rain, all the time

Why'd you run? Did you hide?
    Why'd you leave, no good bye?
    When the clouds, take the sky
    Does a soul, give you life?

10. - Top - End - #280

Lizardfolk

Bly turned to the Raki a little startled at the impromptu music. It was soothing he decided like something out of a story.
    "That's very beautiful" he told Ohajrah.
    --
    Turing to his companions he was a little at a loss. He had never really thought about looking for their man, he had been under the assumption they would catch him at the theater. But one idea did surface.
    "Why don't we find his house? He's a actor so somebody should knows where he lives? Aren't actors considered famous?"

11. - Top - End - #281

AssassinGuy

Garrick looked to Bly and replied, "The thought had crossed my mind, and while sometimes the best defence is a good offence, we don't know much about this city and where to search, besides defending her on the opening day would make for a better story and give us a strong beginning to our reputation."

12. - Top - End - #282
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"While glory and reputation is desirable, we're talking about a woman's life here, and if prevented, I'd rather not risk it for some feature. If we're able to stop him before opening night, I suggest we do so," Geir said somewhat grimly. He stopped to think - why would a bard risk everything, his own life even to kill his loved one on such a public day? He didn't understand this place, such a lack of caution, such recklessness was against everything the elves had taught him. He laughed, he had been known to be the reckless one back home, the one without patience or thought for caution. He wondered what his master would have done now - "When in doubt, stay silent, observe and weigh your alternatives, evaluate your challenge," she had often said, perhaps Geir should stick to it. She did have 230 years on him after all. "Perhaps one or two should keep watch over Sorebryst while the rest keep investigating?" Geir asked the group. "We know that Ondetyvmusikkann is both reckless and bitter, but nothing of his strategy. We should evaluate our surroundings, find his entry and exit-strategy, how he plans to attack, whether he will be alone or not, how he looks."
    Last edited by Ravitiate; 2013-12-30 at 03:09 AM.

13. - Top - End - #283

AssassinGuy

Garrick nodded at Gier and replied, "A good idea, I'm not much of an investigator though so do either of you have the skills needed for such a task? Also we know how he looks, his top half is a Dark-skinned Human with no hair and dark black feathered wings that are oily and his lower half is serpentine with black and white scales, don't you remember? We've been told twice."

14. - Top - End - #284
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Haha, I guess. Seems memory might not be my greatest skill, neither is investigating for that matter," Geir said blushing. He started fidgeting with his hair like he always did when he was nervous- "That said, I guess I could give it a try. Bly, do you have any experience?"

15. - Top - End - #285

Lizardfolk

Bly thinks a bit while he loved books with mysteries he doubted they would help him much here but he did have a few thoughts.
    "I have some thoughts on the matter. Yes. We could try a Oracle or fortune teller. But I'm a little concerned about price. My other idea is to go find a tracker they should be able to ferret him out well enough. And finally as a last ditch effort we could find a bar. One frequented by actors. I'm sure we could find some real information about him there."

16. - Top - End - #286
    Orc in the Playground

Macaw had heard tales of unfortunate souls that had the misfortune of falling through a door to another plane. When you first looked at it, it didn't sound too bad a fate. All you'd have to do was to find a settlement, and some local should know where to find a portal to the Outlands or the City of Doors itself. On the other hand, half the planes were less the friendly. One could take a wrong step and find themselves in the middle of the Blood War or a skirmish on Archeon, or worse, the dungeons of Carcerci.

Still, Macaw got lucky. Ysgard was a pretty tame realm, from what he'd heard, and he'd had the great fortune of landing in a settlement. At this rate, he'd be back home within the week.

However, it may be better to stay a bit longer. After the trouble he'd gotten into, that caused him to take a leap of faith into the open door, well, it might be better to lay low for while.

Macaw kept his head down, avoiding eye contact with the locals. Maybe it'd be best to find a tavern or bar and check for postings. Did they have those here? Damn, Macaw felt like he was some Clueless Prime.

And speaking of Clueless Primes...

There was a group of them right there, walking ahead of him. Human, Half-Orc, and...

Some Worm-Thingie...

Perhaps not Primes then. That Worm must be some sort of Outsider. Maybe one that he could bum a Plane Shift off when the time was right.

Worth a shot.

Hey y'all! Other Cagers I presume? Fancy meeting yah! Needed someone normal to talk to for a moment. I've been looking around for some transit and I thought I was out of luck! Any of you got a ticket back that I could trade for a favor?

17. - Top - End - #287

AssassinGuy

Garrick was about to answer Bly but the group was approached by some kind of bird-man, he looked at him with some confusion and answered, "Greetings, I do not know what you mean by "Cager" and I doubt I am one of them, but I might be able to help you, what destination do you have in mind?"

18. - Top - End - #288
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

While no one had attacked them yet, Geir was on the guard as the human approached them. No one had bothered to show them kindness without some sort of agenda, and their questioning of the locals might have stirred up rumors which Ondetyv might have heard. This could be some sort of assassin. Trusting his archery still somewhat, Geir positioned himself somewhat behind his companions and held his bow lightly.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Troll in the Playground

It was at that moment the group heard something strange. Something that seemed to start far away, but rapidly grow closer.

Something like, "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

That something hit the ground before them with a thunderous crash, then quickly sprang to its feet. It was a man, more or less, who showed surprisingly little concern about his fall as he brushed the dirt off his smartly maintained armor. With a flick of his head he tossed long copper hair - not coppery but hair that literally appeared to be spun from copper - back over his shoulders and flashed a pearly white grin at the group.

"Greetings, fellow sentients," he exclaimed, "I appear to have made a wrong turn in Yetsirah and taken a bit of a tumble! But this is Ysgard, yes? Wonderful! And no doubt you are an adventuring group of some sort! Excellent! Clearly the Mounting Heavens have sent me here to join your quest. Please, regale me with the tale of your heroic journey, that I might add the strength of my sword arm to your cause! Ha-HA!"
    Last edited by Rokku; 2014-01-02 at 04:56 AM.

20. - Top - End - #290

AssassinGuy

Garrick heard the shuffling of feet and glanced behind his should to see Geir a few steps backward with a hand on his bow, the Half-Orc guessed Gier was suspicious and had a reason to be, so he decided to be a little more wary as he talked to the birdman.

As soon as that thought had ended he heard something strange from above and instinctively looked up to see something fall from the sky, as it landed it made a thunderous crash which made Garrick flinch and reach for the hilt of his greatsword. When the thing quickly hopped back up to it's feet Garrick saw that it was some kind of Human-like creature but didn't know what his exact species was, as he talked to them in a friendly tone Garrick let the hand on his sword go back down to his side but remained on-guard as he spoke the strange man, "Greetings, this is Ysgard, and yes we are an adventuring group, your help could be useful but why should we trust you?"

21. - Top - End - #291
    Troll in the Playground

Killian almost pouts, as if hurt.

"Because sir, without trust, how. Can. There. Be. Justice!"

He punctuates this with an index finger thrust skywards.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Banned

MonkGuy

Virkung Is a lot more like a massive pine forest then a city. he trees of the city are huge, most are around 500 feet tall and between 50 and 100 feet around. Everything is built right into the massive pine forest. Houses, shops and such are 'grown' right into and out of the trees. The streets are branches and roots that have grown interlocking together, often but not always, with packed dirt between them forming a road. Massive leaves form canopies.

Lots of different races can be found in the city streets. You see no humans or elves, however. And they all seem to be ''mammal-like races''.

The town is bewilderingly three dimensional. With places down on the roots, around each trunk, and on the branches of each giant pine tree.

The light seems to come from no where. It is a bright as a cloudy day, as the clouds are always thick in the sky.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Orc in the Playground

Disappointed, Macaw sighed, shaking his head.

You haven't even heard of the Cage? The City of Doors? The Center of the Multiverse?

Macaw's first hunch must have been correct. They were clueless, newcomers to the greater multiverse. Fish out of water. The other one, who had just dropped in, however, was definitely some sort of Outsider. Probably not the most powerful one, but still supernatural.

Well then, if you are a bunch of contractors, so to say, I may be able to lend a talon. I'm looking for a bit of work here, especially if you're looking to fix someone up.

In a quick flourish, the Doc grabbed his pistol from its hip sheath and gave it a spin. He was careful not to point it towards anyone in particular, lest they point something back, but he still flaunted the piece to the best of his ability. He was smug, and in his mind, rightfully so.

Ain't nothing like a bit of hot lead ordercraft for that. Just what the good doctor ordered.

24. - Top - End - #294

Lizardfolk

Bly was a little uncertain of the two new beings. One a human and the other one Bly couldn't quite place his species,but his weapon fascinted Bly he had seen something similar with some dwarfs at the collage but this looked very diffrent from what they had.
    After hearing them talk with Garrick for a bit bly decided to speak up.
    "So are you interested in joining us or something?" Bly asked a bit confused.
    Turring to Garrick "Well this helps solve a problem we can split up to go look for information now. If they are interested."
    Last edited by Sleepy Shade; 2014-01-04 at 04:27 PM.

25. - Top - End - #295

AssassinGuy

After the copper-haired man thrust his hand into the air while speaking of Justice the tall Half-Orc bluntly replied, "Our current mission isn't seeking justice, it's protecting someone."

Hearing the birdman's questions and offer he turned to him and told him, "I have not heard of any of those locations and I doubt my companions have either." When the birdman pulled out his weapon, Garrick looked at it with curiosity, he had seen a small mercenary group use similar weapons and boast about their effectiveness, seeing that the stranger's weapon was well-worn Garrick thought to himself, "That could be a good sign or a bad sign, I guess I'll find out soon."

As he looked back up to the Tengu's face Bly spoke and Garrick nodded at the Entobian before saying to the copper-haired man and the birdman, "So what are your names? And are you interested in protecting an actress for a few days for a few standard features with a few Primers?"

26. - Top - End - #296
    Troll in the Playground

"Ah!" exclaims Killian, "An innocent in trouble! Verily a noble cause indeed. I would happily defend this poor unfortunate with my life. Let us surround the intended victim in a bastion of our righteous strength, and woe be to any villain fool enough to crash against our walls of virtuosity!"

27. - Top - End - #297
    Orc in the Playground

Heh, heh.

Macaw sheathed his pistol with care, giving it a firm pat. He turned his twisted and cracked beak towards the half-orc, Garrick seemed to be his name, giving him a full view of his eerie, fixed smile.

The name's Macaw. Doc Macaw. Glad to be obliged.

He stuck out his talon towards the ranger with a wink, expecting the gesture to be returned.

Those places aren't all places, they're just one place, a place that's many places, if you catch my drift. If ya' don't, don't you worry your poor little heart away, you'll learn soon enough. Everyone does.

And as for the offer of partnership in such a noble venture.

With his free talon, the Tengu gave his sheathed pistol a second pat.

"Protection" is what I do best, and I ain't got nuthin' better to do.

28. - Top - End - #298

AssassinGuy

After hearing the two responses Garrick nodded and said, "I am Garrick, and seeing as you two want to join I'll take you two to the theatre so we can speak to the director about you two getting paid, then we will begin guarding."

He then turned his head to Bly and Geir, "While I'm doing that, you could see if you can find anything else about Ondenty."
    Last edited by JHShadon; 2014-01-05 at 12:52 AM.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Geir, still somewhat skeptical of the newcomers observed with great interest. Still, he liked their enthusiasm, and they clearly seemed to be stuck here same as him. When he was lost, Bly and Garrick had proved a refuge, perhaps he could extend the same favor. He shook Doc's hand and replied "Geir, of the Green Woods. Nice to meet you," he said simply while Garrick carried on explaining.

He then nodded when making eye contact with both Garrick and Bly, trying to signal his approval.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Troll in the Playground

Killian raises a hand and snaps his fingers in the most dramatic way possible.

"Fantastic! I look forward to earing fair wages for doing the work of the righteous!"