New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Banned

MonkGuy

Default Re: Planescape Pathfinder

Cristóbalelías Fur de Adoracion"I have encountered five dragons at the Spout. Three coming down, two going up. Nasty black ones too. They hide either in the Spout itself, or in the sea caves. The rockaroid is not solid, it has lots of underwater caves. And some dragons even know magic so they can camouflage themselves or even turn invisible. We do have two pouches of dragonsbane, just in case. But you should all be ready."

The boat continues one, caught in the current, heading right towards the massive several hundred foot wide pillar ow swirling water.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Pixie in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Dragons eh? mused Lucian, Well that's interesting. He too gladly relinquished his oar, rowing was tiring business after all. Glancing over to Bly, he noted the pondering, "Something on your mind?" he asked

3. - Top - End - #63
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lizardfolk

BLy looked over at his new companion not really sure how to answer him.
    "I got a lot on my mind like how are we going to get up that spout. Also If we survive what are we going to do next?"
    He took another look at the waterspout.
    "But lets focus on one thing at a time. Hey Cristo this should take us to the next layer right?"

4. - Top - End - #64
    Banned

MonkGuy

The boat picks up even more speed and heads right toward the massive several hundred feet wide pillar of water. The boat is rocked from side to side and water quickly drenches everyone and everything.

The current pulls the boat right over to the thrashing pillar of water...and right up the side of it. It is a bit of a shock to have 'down' suddenly changed, as the boat is no being carried along by the current at 90 degrees from the sea below.

It is only for a couple of hundred feet, until you see a massive spray of water. Where the emerald green water of the sea and pillar your on smashes head long into a bright blue pillar of water that dangles down from the sky. The waters do not mix. The blue water arcs up and falls back onto the blue pillar, and the green water arcs down and falls back into the sea.

The boat is zipped along by the current, right through the massive spray. And as soon as you come through the spray, quite drenched, you find that ''down'' is now under the boat like normal. And the current carries the boat swiftly along the massive free floating cylinder of water.

The raki all shake the water off their fur.

Cristóbalelías Fur de Adoracion "Ah, well, no problems, no dragons. Maybe next time."

5. - Top - End - #65
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Garrick was about to reply to Bly's question but the boat started to shake, he then quickly laid down on the deck in fear, hoping that he doesn't fall off.

Once the boat had stopped shaking, Garrick composed himself and rose to his feet, he looked around to see the emerald sea was to the side, without looking back to the Captain he asked "How long did it take to get used to that?"
    Last edited by JHShadon; 2013-10-03 at 03:39 AM.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Banned

MonkGuy

Cristóbalelías Fur de Adoracion answers Bly's question "No, no, we are not skipping layers. We will stay on Gladsheim, the first layer of Ysgard. The spout simply takes us up into the Sea of Space. "

Cristóbalelías Fur de Adoracion shakes and shakes the water off of his fur and answers Garrick "Get used to it? Well, never. It is just as harrowing as the first time. But then all such experences should be!"

Cristóbalelías Fur de Adoracion "We are mostly safe now. On the River Skiensvassdraget. Each drop of water on the river is made up of anticipation right before a journeys end over the water. that feeling that makes your fur stand on end and your tail straight. One of these drops is mine, the anticipation I felt went I rowed out to the Rockaroid Uløya to confront the troll, Dagstygg. He had stolen the fair fured Lady Vellumine, and I was to free her. I tracked him to a cave on uloya and we fought a mighty fight. His ferocity and heavy handed blows against my skill and speed and song. But in the end I won and a slew him. Lady Vellumine was most grateful, of course. But her father, Lord Karmund was not as grateful. He would not accept his daughter tying the tail with a rogue like me. It is my fondest hope to find some task, trial or test that will prove me worthy in his eyes."

The boat moves along swiftly on the massive cylinder of bright blue water, through the purplish haze and clouds.

7. - Top - End - #67

Lizardfolk

Bly tries to steady himself after the multiple gravity changes.
    At hearing Cristóbalelías story he grows curious.
    "What do you mean by rogue? You've been nothing but helpful to us so you must be a good person and from the sound of it he owed you a debt. So why did he refuse?"
    (I highly doubt it was or is that simple) the spirit replies to Bly

8. - Top - End - #68
    Banned

MonkGuy

Cristóbalelías Fur de Adoracion "Oh, not rogue as in theif. I am a bard by trade. To my people I am a rogue as I don't have a family. Not that I don't have a mother and father, of course. But we have no Name, we are just common folk. Lords and Ladies don't marry common folk or 'rogues' as they call us. And Lord Karmund is Old Fur, a family that goes back generations. They don't like young pups like myself. But I embrace the name of rogue and live the life of adventure! But I will find a way to get the hand of Lady Vellumine. And I do so love a challange!"

The boat moves along swiftly in the current. The large cylinder of water, The River Skiensvassdraget, winds out of the puplre haze into...the night sky. In all directions is nothing but the endless night-like sky full of multi colored stars. It is no where near as dark as 'night' should be, and is closer to cloudy day...bright light, but not shining. It is warm enough, but with a slight chill, like a fall day. There seems to be air everywhere.

Cristóbalelías Fur de Adoracion points behind and waves for you all to look. You see in the distance a large potato shaped rock, floating in space, compleatly covered by a green sea. "The Korimir Rockroid...."

9. - Top - End - #69

AssassinGuy

Garrick listened to the answer that the Raki Captain gave and nodded his head remembering the feeling he gets before a battle.

When the boat moves out of the purple haze Garrick looks out in awe at the surroundings and is speechless.

10. - Top - End - #70

Lizardfolk

Satisfied with Cristóbalelías's answer Bly sits and rests as the current takes them along.
    As the boat moves from the green sea into what Bly could only comprehend as a nights sky Bly thought back to his teachers and how they described the planes. If all the planes were like this nothing they could have said would have prepared him for these places.
    Spoiler
    Show

You see in the distance a large potato shaped rock, floating in space, completely covered by a green sea.
    Wait is the rock completely covered in the sea like a layer of green between the outside and the rock? Or is it like rock that has a large green sea on it and is it "floating" in "space" like an asteroid or like an island on a lake.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Banned

MonkGuy

Cristóbalelías Fur de Adoracion"It will take a wake to get to Virkung. Mayhap you can each tell us a bit more about yourselves?" He says as he wiggles his ears and gets his scroll and quill ready. The rest of the crew sits down and relaxes, though half of them also pull out quills and scrolls.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Banned

MonkGuy

The wooden skiff zips along the large cylinder of water, The River Skiensvassdraget out into the Sea of space. Every so often another blue water river crosses with the one your one. And every so often another river has green, black or red water. You note the different colored waters of each river never mix, but splash around and back into themselves.

In the distance, you occasionally see a massive rock hanging in space. Most are quite far away so you can't see much detail. Though some obviously have forests or oceans. Many have cloud cover. Some, but not all, even have a river the runs to them.

13. - Top - End - #73

AssassinGuy

Garrick listened to the Captain's request and looked to Bly and Lucian, wondering if either of them would go first, after a few minutes of awkward silence Garrick turned to the Captain and said "It looks like I'm going to go first then. I am a half-Orc, or at least I think I am since I don't know who my parents are, I was dropped off at an orphanage in a port city named "Bargoss", it was an okay place mostly filled with Humans but because of the Orc Clans in the mountains nearby there was a small Half-Orc population, the Orphanage I was in wasn't in the Half-Orc slums and the people that worked in the Orphanage didn't care much about me, they just gave me the necessities and focused on raising the Human children."

Garrick then shrugged and added "Better than living in the street I guess, at the age of twelve I decided to join a mercenary group called the "Daring Wolves" who were passing through town, they prided themselves on their skill and honour, they trained me for two years and after that I fought as one of them for three, during that time I've been all across the continent "Trendal"."

Garrick hesitated for a moment but continued in a grim tone "Three days ago our leader commited suicide, after that the group fell apart so I decided to leave them all and find my own path in life. Three days later the world blew up and now I'm here."
    Last edited by JHShadon; 2013-10-09 at 03:11 AM.

14. - Top - End - #74

Lizardfolk

Bly felt a little uncomfortable as they turned towards him after hearing Garrick's story.
    "That pretty rotten Luck.Guess I should go next then."He takes a deep breath before he starts.
    "I was hatched in a nursery with my hundreds of siblings and we grew up outside a town called Algreen in the Dead Lands. We had caretakers both Entobians and other races. Most of us left the Nursery and the town at around 16 near adulthood."

Bly thinks back to the day of his leaving full of melencoly seeing his brothers leave to find their own way and his caretakers giving him congratulations. It was cloudy the day he left much like it was this morning. He relizes he's stopped talking and continues.
    "I traveled to a nearby coastal town Bloomsbury. It is or was known to be a staging area for exploration parties and adventures traveling into the Dead Lands. I stayed their for two years listening to new arrivals about the outside world and working in shops to make my coin. "
    "Eventually I met a man called Howl from the Academy. We over the course of a few months became friends and he decided that I would be a perfect representative to the collage from the Dead Lands".
    "He paid for passage back and after a month of boat rides and a bumpy ride in a rickety carriage we arrived at the collage I was put to work both studying under professors and teaching them how the Dead Lands had changed since the war along with Entobian life."
    Howl quickly left after I was settled in. He returned to the dead lands on a mission. It was a about a portal discovered farther inland. While the most of the professors were friendly enough many of the students were hesitant talk to me. They had never seen an Entobian so most shunned me or looked at me like some sort of specimen. Except for Nvidia. Before I arrived here She and I were working on a ritual but it failed thanks to the world ending."

He looks out at the empty sky trying to organize his thoughts before continuing.
    "Thats the short of it I could go into more detail but I won't talk your ears off. Not until we hear everybody's story at least. He smiles at the Half elf The Best for last I guess.
    Last edited by Sleepy Shade; 2013-10-09 at 08:26 PM.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Banned

MonkGuy

Cristóbalelías Fur de Adoracion listens to both Garrick's and Bly's stories and writes them each down on a scroll. He looks over at Lucian with a frown.

Cristóbalelías Fur de Adoracion "As I said, it will take a wake to get to Virkung. You all may want to rest."

Cristo and the crew, except for one lone raki in the back of the skiff, lay down and sleep.

16. - Top - End - #76

AssassinGuy

Garrick listened to Bly's story and felt a small amount of kinship when he mentioned being shunned by many people.

Once Bly had finished, Garrick turned to Lucian expecting him to tell his story, when that didn't happen he sighed and remembered Cynril and his stories, "I wonder if he's alive." thought Garrick, he looked back towards the Korimir Rock and realised something, he turned towards to Raki Captain and asked with some worry "How often do boats travel to the Korimir rock and do you think anyone could of survived there for this long?"

17. - Top - End - #77
    Banned

MonkGuy

Cristóbalelías Fur de Adoracion looks over to Garrick, "The Korimir Rockroid is not visited by many very often. There is little reason to go there other then to fish. You have seen the place. I guess a person could survive there well enough. Plenty of air, water and food. Though you'd always be wet. And it would be very boring."

18. - Top - End - #78
    Banned

MonkGuy

Cristo and the crew, except for one lone raki in the back of the skiff, lay down and sleep. The skiff continues on for at least ten to twenty hours. If you don't sleep, each of you falls asleep soon enough.

Eventually all the raki wake up. The older raki gives each one of you a bit of beef jerky to eat, wooden cup full of nuts and a wooden cup of water.

Within another hour, the river/cylinder makes a sharp trun and heads right towards a large rockaroid.

19. - Top - End - #79

Lizardfolk

Bly slept near the back of the ship tired and exhausted from the work of rowing and his sudden transport to planes. He was one of the first to fall asleep. However it was not dreams that greeted him.
    ---------
    Bly found himself in his old dorm room. It was sparsly furnished a few nessecities that all students had a desk a dresser and a bed. The room was decorated with a few baubles he had aquired during his years: Some metal soldiers from his youth a memory blanket he got at the market in town,and a stack of books he had bought off a merchant in the dead lands.

Sitting on the bed however was a figure he didn't recognize. Standing about 4'5 the figure was dressed in a students robes vest and had the look of a male human student.
    It's face however glowed like molten metal with only the barest out lines of a face present. A nose and two glowing points representing eyes.

"Good evening Its been awhile since we talked hasn't it"
    "Yes" Bly replied a little unsure "are you the spirit?"
    "Yes. I came here to teach you-"
    "Oh please I just want to rest can't this wait!?"Bly replied with a slight whining tone in his voice. "I'm tired."
    This will only take a awhile. It replied its voice calm.I can't keep casting spells for you it takes a good bit of effort from me just to supply a channel never mind speaking the spell through you. Now let us begin.
    Bly just groans in frustration "UGH!"
    -----------
    Bly Awakens a bit groggy still a bit tired. The spirit had spent all night drilling the spells into Bly head. It had been a learning experience in patience for both of them.
    As he is handed the meat and food he decided to experiment with a spell and makes the cup of nuts float around his head.
    This will take some getting used to he thought. He looks at the others and the expansive ocean of space they drift through.
    Correction all of this will take a long time to get used to. He sits down with the others and enjoys his breakfast.
    Last edited by Sleepy Shade; 2013-10-12 at 10:27 PM.

20. - Top - End - #80

AssassinGuy

Garrick nodded at the captain's answer and decided to find someone who would search for other survivors when they reached the city.

As the crew went to sleep Garrick removed his armour, leaving him in the shirt and pants he wears under his armour, and placed it in a neat pile next to him along with his sword and pack, he then ate some of his bland rations before going to sleep.

That night in his dream Garrick found himself walking down the same path he did earlier that day, he looked to his left to see the Gnome farmer from before, working his fields while whistling a happy tune, Garrick kept walking and looked to his right, instead of seeing the forest that was there in reality he saw the city of Bargoss. For a moment he wanted to go back there but decided to just keep on walking down the path, as he took another step the bright light appeared and Garrick was sent flying back, he looked to his right to see Bargoss being destroyed in seconds, he then looked to his left to see Gnome screaming as he was torn apart by the force, Garrick then felt his entire body burning and screamed.

Garrick woke up screaming and stopped after a couple of seconds, afterwards he was breathing heavily and felt cold sweat on his forehead, he wiped it away with the back of his hand then looked around to see everyone looking at him, "No need to worry," he said as he got up, "Just a dream." When the older Raki gave him breakfast he nodded in thanks and begun eating, as he ate he glanced to Bly who was making the cup of nuts float and thought to himself "I had a feeling he was a spellcaster, I wonder why he didn't mention that before."

Once they were all done with breakfast Garrick put his equipment back on, he then walked to Bly and asked "You said you studied at an academy, did you study magic there?"

21. - Top - End - #81
    Banned

MonkGuy

Up ahead on the massive cylinder river flowing through stary space, is a large chuck of wood floating along on the current. On the chunk of wood, maybe a wall section, is a gnome male.

22. - Top - End - #82

Lizardfolk

"That is complicated" Bly replies. "I did study magic a bit at the collage but, I was unable to do much. However since coming here something has happened.
    I'm not exactly sure how to describe it. During that fight with the crab men I heard a voice in my head a spirit or something that I guessed latched on to me when whatever happened brought us here."

[Im not just some Parasite.] the spirit replies in Blys mind
    "It's not like a possession or anything. It is sticking with me for some reason and is giving me powers. Why? Idon't know. It certainly doesn't want me to die. I've established that. In fact its more like a teacher and I'm its student." Bly takes a sip of water from the cup and continues. "I'm Just as much in the dark as you are though."
    ------
    As the figure come in to veiw Bly hurries over to Cristo.
    "Can we pull that gnome over to the boat? He looks like he probably was plonked here from our world. I mean Plinked."

23. - Top - End - #83

AssassinGuy

Garrick listened to Bly's answer and replied, "Interesting, although I was asking if you had an academic knowledge of magic because I had a thought, I saw the light destroy everything around me but it did not harm us, I was wondering if you had any theories."

When Bly saw the figure Garrick looked and saw the Gnome on the floating piece of wood, Garrick calmly walked to the edge and picked up a spare rope while Bly went to the captain, Garrick then threw the rope to the Gnome with a "CATCH!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Should I make a roll of some kind?
    Last edited by JHShadon; 2013-10-13 at 07:17 PM.

24. - Top - End - #84

An aimless bit of wood drifted along the current. It carried a small beige tent and a small fire. A pot of boiling water set over the flame and various, smaller bits of driftwood functioned as makeshift tables for an array of varying leaves, flowers and fungi. The gnome sat hunched over, slicing his samples into generally smaller bits, taking notes, and boiling essences. Several different colors of smoke sputtered out of various beakers and makeshift canteens.

"Hail!" cried the Gnome, when he sees the ship. He stood small, even for his kind. Large dark circles hung under his eyes. He settled away his tools into the leather apron he wore, and set about waving his arms.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Banned

MonkGuy

One of the raki crew also throws a line to the gnome, though his rope ends in a grappling hook/net that snags the driftwood the gnome is on.

Garrick
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tossing a rope like this would be like hitting ac 10, so it is safe to say you can auto this one.

Between Garrick and two raki crew members they bring the gnome on to the skiff.

Cristóbalelías Fur de Adoracion pats Bly on the shoulder "Oh, course we will help him if he needs it. We don't turn fur on those in need. "

26. - Top - End - #86

The gnome lashed the ropes to his makeshift raft. Once secure, he made his way on board. "Ah, yes. Thank you." He brushed himself off. "Been floating around for a while now, I'm not sure how long. Utterly abysmal being stuck out on the open sea with nothing to do." He shrugged. "So, where are we headed now? It seems like I'm going to be stuck with you for at least now."

27. - Top - End - #87
    Banned

MonkGuy

One of the foxmen that helps the gnome on board the skiff also gives the gnome a piece of dried beef jerky and points to his mouth and makes chewing sounds.

28. - Top - End - #88

AssassinGuy

Garrick replied to the Gnome, "No problem, we're heading to a city called Virkung, you also from Aldebent?" He saw a foxman hand the Gnome a piece of jerky and explained "The jerky will allow you to speak with the Raki, I have no idea how it works."
    Last edited by JHShadon; 2013-10-14 at 05:25 PM.

29. - Top - End - #89

Lizardfolk

Bly walks over towards the gnome curious about the new arrival.
    "I suspect you have a lot of questions. So do we." Bly eyes the various herbs from the raft "Do you practice alchemy? No wait that the wrong question who are you and what is your name that's what I should have asked sorry."
    Last edited by Sleepy Shade; 2013-10-14 at 07:31 PM.

30. - Top - End - #90

The gnome took the jerky and gnawed on it. "Probably... some... sort of... tongues," he said casually between bites. He cleared his throat, and offered a hand to the others. "No questions here! I am Wizwell Geowicket, and I suppose you could say that I dabble here and there with the arcane arts." He smiled broadly, and did a little bow.